When the Apocalypse came, it was with the roaring wail of war horns. Both the earth and skies opened to unleash the waiting forces of heaven and hell as they took to the end war with all their might. Angels ready at the gates of their holy citadels while the demons had waited to claw their way free from the fires of their realm and into the fray. The only ones not prepared for the fight were humans. War raged upon the earth in a savagery never before seen by the eyes of mortal kind. What should have been a war between the three realms turned into two overwhelming forces ravaging Earth and leaving the humans dead or cowering in the dust and ash of what remained of their home.
Many years would pass this way, Heaven and Hell in what would seem to be eternal combat. Earth would be long since scarred and changed from exposure to the two otherworldly realms. As for its humans, many have long since withered away or changed as well to survive the chaos. Nevertheless, humans were not seen for the longest time after the first waves of battle sent wakes of destruction across the world. This would not be the last of them though. They would not disappear with a whisper, for eventually a group of survivors stepped into the light.
These survivors may be the last true humans on earth, their kin either taking to the shadows in hiding and devolving into creatures not unlike animals, or falling to the energy of the demons realm, tempted by its promises only to be transformed into vengeful husks. Champions of each realm must be raised to arms on the battlefield, and neither the fallen nor the hidden can stand as champions of the Kingdom of Man, thus it lies upon the shoulders of the survivors to takes up the cause. Will they meet their end in the wastes of their world, or will they rise and usher in a new age for mankind?
(OOC)Welcome to the We're Still Here interest check! This rp is a little something I've wanted to write out for the longest time, but never had the nerve to do so on my own. I feel with a good cast of characters this can be a story worth remembering. The story takes place years after the beginning of the Apocalypse, a war between "good" and "evil" that takes place in the realm of humans. In this story, the cast are all humans, potentially joined by a demon and angel. This group of humans are survivors of the "end war" and are quite possibly some of the last humans true humans to exist, but humanities story is far from over!
The survivors, named the Champions of Man by those of heaven and hell, must decide how they will thrive in a world where the odds are now against them. They will do what they must, even if it means harnessing the essence and magics of the realms of angels and demons to do so.
The rules of the rp are about the usual:
- Please be respectful of all participants! A little drama in the rp is fine, but never take it beyond the rp.
- Characters will start as human, so please keep that in mind when considering who you want them to be
- You do have the option to influence if you want your character to adopt traits from a specific side or not. (i.e. received a blessing from an angel or consumed the flesh of a demon in a starved and desperate state.) You could just have your character become a crazy strong human. Up to you! Of course, all submissions must be approved by myself first.
- I expect a level of literacy in all participants. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it's nice to see a little effort put into a post!
- No short posts. Rather, I'd prefer not to see one or two lines of text in a post as a response. If there was not much to post about, I understand, but having as much detail available for update posts is very important!