• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
I use Wondershare, which is just a run-of-the-mill slideshow/DVD creator. Here's one I whipped up for a futuristic gang leader. Coil is the name of her gang fyi.

Oooh! Very similar to my friends and I sometimes making trailers for the RPs with a bunch of YouTube clips and music for the ULTIMATE!!! RP VIBE!!!!

Ooooh yes please! Im up for anything. Though you would have probably heard some horrible stories About me from both your husband And son, so its upon you if choose to dislike me or like me? 😁
... Is your son straight? Would He tell you if He wasnt? 😁

Excellent questions! Tell me what you think of the following:

• Bryony's husband (George Stevens Byng) and Gabriel's father are allies, perhaps friends. A Baronet isn't considered a Peer (and George is) but maybe they were war buddies (lots of military conflicts in the 1820s when George was an active officer like the First Anglo-Ashanti War or the First Anglo-Burmese War).
• On the flip side, I like the notion of Bryony and Gabriel's mother not being friends, especially if the mother's very religious and thinks Bryony's a blasphemy that shouldn't be allowed among gentry wives).
• As for Gabriel himself, I like the notion that Bryony's known of the boy from the time he was born (in the typically detached way of British nobility), has likely met him dozens of times between the ages of 5 and 17 mostly on holidays or if perhaps Gabriel's family visited Bryony's at their estate in Wrotham Park for a month or so (travel times being what they were, no one pops by for just a day or two). Naturally, Gabriel as a child was essentially part of the furniture so to speak (Bryony doesn't really register servants or children unless/until they impose themselves upon her) but perhaps he befriended Henry (Bryony's oldest, who is 3 years Gabriel's junior), a situation that doubtlessly pleased George Byng.
• Fast forward to the university years: Henry goes off to the University of London to study and get an education, with George Byng perhaps asking him to help rein in Gabriel before the young man disgraces his father who is George's close friend. Naturally, Gabriel ends up corrupting Henry instead. They can have whatever relationship suits your fancy. But by the time Gabriel's 23 and graduated, Henry would be 20 and likely left there as George and Bryony arguably have better resources for reputation damage control (Bryony being able to Fascinate a witness or two into retracting public remarks, etc.).
• Which leaves Gabriel the great disappointment to the Byngs, given he's brought shame on his father and trouble on their own oldest son (if Gabriel and Henry had a physical relationship, I expect George is intentionally insulated from that information and doesn't know the particulars).

Gabriel in the Order would be an interesting proposition. Being in the Order alone would elevate him from part-of-the-scenery who turned into an-extra-who-complicated-her-oldest-son's-life, making him...associate or partner now? Be fun to explore that.

From Bryony's point of view, Gabriel's taste for men is not itself much of a problem for her (depends on how SilverFlight sees the Fairy Court culture). The fact that he was indiscreet about it is her real issue and I would expect lingering doubt to be an ongoing issue in their professional dealings.

ala.
Bryony: Mr. Gladstone, do you quite understand what we've been asked to do?
Gabriel: Of course, Lady Enfield. We're just checking up on several manufacturies that might have made those cages that might have caught those werewolves.
Bryony: Which will require a degree of discretion on our part, wouldn't you agree?
Gabriel: I'm not going to expose the Order in every casual conversation, my Lady, if that's what you mean.
Bryony: Exposure is something you're decidedly good at, Mr. Gladstone. Try to limit your practice of it here, won't you?
etc.

I had no idea moodboards were a thing. Or collages, outside of an art class. Where do people go for inspiration? Is it "There are 20 pictures that include a pose I like, a hairstyle I like, particular costuming or a badass moment I think my character experienced, where home is, etc."? And then add music?

I had no idea moodboards were a thing. Or collages, outside of an art class. Where do people go for inspiration? Is it "There are 20 pictures that include a pose I like, a hairstyle I like, particular costuming or a badass moment I think my character experienced, where home is, etc."? And then add music?
Bone2pick went for that angle with music to the slideshows, but if you sign up for Pinterest it can be any kind of visual aid or character-appropriate images/associations.

For example, in Mag's I've got bits and pieces of her youth in the form of Jane Eyre illustrations b/c kinda works and also mmm femme brunettes being shunned smh. As well, I've got pictures of romantic poetry that she probably would have read (Keats -> Shelley)

Mmmhmm. My challenge in this RP is going to be toning down the Pride and Prejudice to make way for, you know, actually protecting the unknowing from what's out in the dark.
We can have a little bit of historical drama fun on the side. As a treat.

We can have a little bit of historical drama fun on the side. As a treat.

Maggie: At least the girl's safe from those Fairies.
Bryony: Quite. Though her family will have much to manage.
Giselle: Do you think she remains in danger then, Lady Enfield?
Bryony: More...she may be a lingering danger to others, mademoiselle. The charms of my kin can loosen the shackles of inhibition on the unwilling...and I don't believe she was particularly unwilling to begin with.
Giselle: Lady Enfield!
Maggie: You don't mean you think she...she-
Bryony: I'm sure any further description would be impermissible in polite company. I'm equally certain you apprehend my meaning without me naming it.
Maggie: Isn't she engaged?
Giselle: God help her husband.
Bryony: Unless they don't go through with it.
Maggie: The family would never survive the scandal.
Giselle: But there would be no scandal. Nothing public at least. What could they expose? That she'd run off with-
Bryony: Right. No chance the Order would let them admit to any such thing.
Maggie: Doesn't the husband deserve to know she's...
Giselle: Who can truly say what was the work of Fairies or the work of her own heart?
Maggie: The Lady Enfield, I suspect.
Bryony: Ms. Acker's quite correct but would knowing change the outcome?
Giselle: Consider the girl's older brother is expected to be appointed a Comte himself by this summer.
Maggie: Is it a worthy appointment, though, with such connections?
Giselle: I wonder...
Maggie: Mademoiselle?
Bryony: Yes, we'd thought this a simple case of a girl lured off by Fairies. We already see the effects ripple far wider than the girl herself. Who might stand to gain from these ripples?
Giselle: Perhaps a little investigation is warranted, Lady Enfield?
Maggie: Discreetly, of course. Beginning with the Marquis' ball tonight? We might see who speaks with her family...
Bryony: And who does not. Capital. Shall we?

The pitter patter from the ladies is gonna drive the men mad, I'm sure of it. A whole different breed, they be.

Maggie is socially inept so pls no bully
I was honestly worried that Maggie would bully Giselle for being a silly, vapid, frivolous, stupid child, rather than the other way around. Like, I took it for granted that Giselle would be vaguely awed by Maggie’s intelligence, competence, and stoic demeanor, and it never occurred to me to have Giselle bully Magggie.

Excellent questions! Tell me what you think of the following:

• Bryony's husband (George Stevens Byng) and Gabriel's father are allies, perhaps friends. A Baronet isn't considered a Peer (and George is) but maybe they were war buddies (lots of military conflicts in the 1820s when George was an active officer like the First Anglo-Ashanti War or the First Anglo-Burmese War).
• On the flip side, I like the notion of Bryony and Gabriel's mother not being friends, especially if the mother's very religious and thinks Bryony's a blasphemy that shouldn't be allowed among gentry wives).
• As for Gabriel himself, I like the notion that Bryony's known of the boy from the time he was born (in the typically detached way of British nobility), has likely met him dozens of times between the ages of 5 and 17 mostly on holidays or if perhaps Gabriel's family visited Bryony's at their estate in Wrotham Park for a month or so (travel times being what they were, no one pops by for just a day or two). Naturally, Gabriel as a child was essentially part of the furniture so to speak (Bryony doesn't really register servants or children unless/until they impose themselves upon her) but perhaps he befriended Henry (Bryony's oldest, who is 3 years Gabriel's junior), a situation that doubtlessly pleased George Byng.
• Fast forward to the university years: Henry goes off to the University of London to study and get an education, with George Byng perhaps asking him to help rein in Gabriel before the young man disgraces his father who is George's close friend. Naturally, Gabriel ends up corrupting Henry instead. They can have whatever relationship suits your fancy. But by the time Gabriel's 23 and graduated, Henry would be 20 and likely left there as George and Bryony arguably have better resources for reputation damage control (Bryony being able to Fascinate a witness or two into retracting public remarks, etc.).
• Which leaves Gabriel the great disappointment to the Byngs, given he's brought shame on his father and trouble on their own oldest son (if Gabriel and Henry had a physical relationship, I expect George is intentionally insulated from that information and doesn't know the particulars).

Gabriel in the Order would be an interesting proposition. Being in the Order alone would elevate him from part-of-the-scenery who turned into an-extra-who-complicated-her-oldest-son's-life, making him...associate or partner now? Be fun to explore that.

From Bryony's point of view, Gabriel's taste for men is not itself much of a problem for her (depends on how SilverFlight sees the Fairy Court culture). The fact that he was indiscreet about it is her real issue and I would expect lingering doubt to be an ongoing issue in their professional dealings.

ala.
Bryony: Mr. Gladstone, do you quite understand what we've been asked to do?
Gabriel: Of course, Lady Enfield. We're just checking up on several manufacturies that might have made those cages that might have caught those werewolves.
Bryony: Which will require a degree of discretion on our part, wouldn't you agree?
Gabriel: I'm not going to expose the Order in every casual conversation, my Lady, if that's what you mean.
Bryony: Exposure is something you're decidedly good at, Mr. Gladstone. Try to limit your practice of it here, won't you?
etc.

I love how much thought you're putting into it!
Some things to ponder, though:
First of all, I'm going to say the conversation probably wouldn't go as politely as you suggested. Gabriel is totally done with lectures from his parents, which this would definitely remind him of, so he'd take it politely once or twice, but if those remarks were casually thrown around on regular basis, shit would undoubtedly hit the fan. :D
Second of all, I'd like to point out that Gabriel's father really does have a thoroughly disgusting character. He is a slaver that's interested mainly in his riches, probably stuck up as Hell, quick to judge and exploit anything and anyone, uses migrants under false promises and much likely gropes all the servant girls, telling them they'd be fired if they talk. I don't see him as becoming war buddies with anyone, because he is the type of person who'd weasel his way out of even being in the military, so that no harm could come to him. Due to this, he'd most likely befriend Bryony's husband through common interest in politics, perhaps a gentlemen's club and other things rich aristocrats do together. He is also the type of person to consider Bryony an abomination, or wish to sell her to the highest bidder, if possible. He'd refrain from expressing those thoughts because of his friendship of Bryony's husband (unlike Gabriel, he is great at pretense), but it's a question if she'd realize all this and if she would mind/care.
Gabriel's mother definitely would consider Bryony a blasphemy, but she would converse with her politely about children and Jesus. XD
I do like the family history, as well as Gabriel corrupting poor innocent Henry :D Since you don't mind them having an affair, I imagine that he'd be something like a childhood crush for Gabriel, whom he met again at university. I'd even imagine he might be one of the few people Gabriel actually wanted to have a real relationship with rather than a fun fling, But either Henry doesn't swing that way and it was just an experiment for him, so he quit on his own accord, or Bryony explained to him that he should keep his hands away from Gabriel before father finds out, and he listened like a good boy. Either way it's gonna be something Gabriel feels somewhat melancholic, yet not angry or hostile about.
That, OR, they keep seeing each other and the fall out was just staged, proving that Gabriel CAN keep a secret. Which would mean that more shit could hit the fan when Bryone finds out.
Thoughts?

I was honestly worried that Maggie would bully Giselle for being a silly, vapid, frivolous, stupid child, rather than the other way around. Like, I took it for granted that Giselle would be vaguely awed by Maggie’s intelligence, competence, and stoic demeanor, and it never occurred to me to have Giselle bully Magggie.
Oh she would bully her for that but it would only get worse if Giselle bullied Maggie. Perhaps they can....truce

Oh she would bully her for that but it would only get worse if Giselle bullied Maggie. Perhaps they can....truce
If it helps, Giselle's reaction to getting bullied would be "Yes, yes, I am well aware. But I'm still here and I'm still fighting, so hopefully that counts for something."

And honestly, her vibe around Maggie in general is just "oh shit oh fuck she actually knows what she's doing she's going to take one look at me and instantly know I'm bsing my way through this."

If it helps, Giselle's reaction to getting bullied would be "Yes, yes, I am well aware. But I'm still here and I'm still fighting, so hopefully that counts for something."

And honestly, her vibe around Maggie in general is just "oh shit oh fuck she actually knows what she's doing she's going to take one look at me and instantly know I'm bsing my way through this."

Never you mind, no matter how much you BS, the black sheep of the group is gonna be me and Im ready for it :D

Maggie is definitely the silently judging type. Lots of narrowed eye stares from across the room.
1595553984750.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back