• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
uploads_2F1556799070844-l3mcyph7uk-5ea760a74e89ecf5c2c09fd4cf7b8a0f_2FElegantGoodnaturedFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

Before I forget—
F022C755-1F4B-40DA-B3BD-4D8D5BE42EFC.jpeg
C1464FFB-1B6F-43B3-94FE-F009FF9A76C0.jpeg

This was published in 1847. Anyone want to request a favorite flower to learn its meaning?

Unrelated, but I did a little research, and I don’t believe France would still be using the title Marquis by 1950 (unless one of y’all knows differently), so guess who needs to edit his character?

(It’s me, the answer is me).

......well fuck.
*Cries out in injustice*
My deepest apologies. It is a rather slim little volume. But one would think that more people would be interested in lavender than helenium blossoms.

Unrelated, but I did a little research, and I don’t believe France would still be using the title Marquis by 1950 (unless one of y’all knows differently), so guess who needs to edit his character?

(It’s me, the answer is me).
From what I read, the titles still existed, they just lost all the privileges associated with them.

Appreciate your remarks, MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake I'll give them thoughtful treatment in the next couple of hours.

As for what being half fairy entails, I'll yield to SilverFlight SilverFlight since it's his Lore. My default though is that Bryony's children are all human, though perhaps naturally resistant to fairy magic.

One of the more interesting Victorian myths about fairies is that they don't have souls. When they die, they cease to be. Mermaids and Undines in particular are said to be able to gain a soul if they marry a human. I don't know where our host stands on such notions but my going in position with Bryony is that marriage brings her a lot closer to her husband's humanity than it brings her husband (and children) to her nature.

Appreciate your remarks, MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake I'll give them thoughtful treatment in the next couple of hours.

As for what being half fairy entails, I'll yield to SilverFlight SilverFlight since it's his Lore. My default though is that Bryony's children are all human, though perhaps naturally resistant to fairy magic.

One of the more interesting Victorian myths about fairies is that they don't have souls. When they die, they cease to be. Mermaids and Undines in particular are said to be able to gain a soul if they marry a human. I don't know where our host stands on such notions but my going in position with Bryony is that marriage brings her a lot closer to her husband's humanity than it brings her husband (and children) to her nature.

If Gabriel's mother believed Bryony can gain a soul by marriage, she would definitely try to convert her and bring her closer to her new savior Jesus :D

Very interesting!

If Gabriel's mother believed Bryony can gain a soul by marriage, she would definitely try to convert her and bring her closer to her new savior Jesus :D

Very interesting!
Y'know-- if Giselle and Gabriel platonically went out dancing in Paris, I wonder if his mother would be relieved that he was seen out with a girl, or horrified that her son danced the polka in Paris? The scandal! The sin!! The Parisian ballroom is a hotbed of immorality and promiscuity!!

From what I read, the titles still existed, they just lost all the privileges associated with them.
That is true- most Marquis were actually just rich people adopting the title to make themselves seem cooler.

I could also just say my Marquis was in America long enough that he still uses the title.

That is true- most Marquis were actually just rich people adopting the title to make themselves seem cooler.

I could also just say my Marquis was in America long enough that he still uses the title.
Fair enough!! Giselle would stand to inherit the title of comtesse, if she wasn't the baby of the family.

Y'know-- if Giselle and Gabriel platonically went out dancing in Paris, I wonder if his mother would be relieved that he was seen out with a girl, or horrified that her son danced the polka in Paris? The scandal! The sin!! The Parisian ballroom is a hotbed of immorality and promiscuity!!
Well, to be honest I don't think she'd ever find out about that, I don't imagine the family having any French acquitances. They are most likely nationalists and hate the French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back