• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
tumblr_mys46yksYz1s3hp12o1_500.jpg

Lore
Characters

Queen Victoria sits on England’s throne; the Prussian empire is strong and France is embroiled in political turmoil. The industrial age creeps up upon the unsuspecting, pushed forward by opportunists and those who barely understand the power they are beginning to command. Poverty is rife, as is the golden spectacular that is the aristocracy. This is a world of smoke, steam and electricity, of new machines and old traditions but most importantly, it is a world of change.

Strange happenings have always occurred: unexplained things, mysterious things. A set of hauntings, a string of murders, a series of disappearances. Not many pay them much mind…not many...but a select few. There are some who can read the messages written in blood, or ghostly tales, or the footprints of the unseen; some who can feel the waking of ancient slumbering things or sense a disturbance on the ethereal planes. Trouble is brewing, trouble of a supernatural character.

There is a single organization that is tasked with controlling these phenomena, to protect the unknowing and quell the angry thrashes of the unknown. These are the ghost hunters, the vampire slayers and demon killers. Those of mankind who delve into the darkness, and some who are even of the darkness themselves…

With the growing unease among the members of this group it was unanimously decided to create a task force, one that would investigate the elevated levels of supernatural events, silence the most harmful and track their source. The best and the brightest were called from all around the world to join forces and put a stop to the writhing evil that is beginning to wake.

This will be a detailed thread set in the Victorian era and mostly within Europe. Most of the historical context will be introduced to you in the thread, but it never hurts to read up on your own. I am looking for dedicated players, I keep my threads running for a long time with regular recruitment, an active discord chat and regular character devo games. I will also have a sub thread for interactions that don't fit into the main story or involve all of the players, so the faster paced writers can explore the world and their characters without feeling constrained by the pace of the main thread. If this is something you'd like to be a part of please reply! I'll keep the interest check up for about a week before posting the characters page and the main. The lore will go up as soon as I have 10 replies.

Naberius Naberius Cashi Cashi

Last edited:
Mehehehehehe Victorian Ghostbuster mage! This is gonna rock! Count me in!

I'm super interested! call me a history buff, the plot is just the cherry on the cake x

Sure thing! Let's keep the inventions small to start, but I am totally down for steam punk. Man you're gonna like the first arc I think.
I am an avid steampunker, I organize real life events and even have a steampunk band :D But there are too few RPs where one could employ steampunk, too few.
I promise to consult all inventions I make so as not to be completely OP. :)

I'm totally game, just an occult vampire hunter or something would be cool to play. I've always had a thing for dark magic.

I'm interested!! I'm interested!! I'm an amateur historian and historical costumer and this is exactly the type of rp I've been craving

Psh, you know I'm always interested in and dedicated to your threads. ^^

So we definitely have enough interest to start. This is definitely happening. I'll get to work on the Lore page. I will tag everyone who replied when each page goes up. I will be taking ten players, and it will be the first ten accepted (not the first ten submitted). You will need to read the lore and character guidelines carefully.

I've been devising the first arc and I think it'll be a fun intro. How do you feel about Paris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back