• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Joseph is like, 60% himbo so I have a feeling he’d love everyone- it’s an instant friend (if you don’t mind him being American too much)
Faiiirrrr-- "Oh I just love Americans!! They're so forthcoming, and so informal!! They'll smile and say hello to people they've never even been introduced to, like they're old friends. It's charming."

Another fun fact!! Throughout the 19th century (and definitely in the 1850s), it wasn't at all uncommon for men to be wearing corsets, as well.

018d7c4c64bef314be6f29a6b9e22805.jpgc64c7f71e8113c9f7a9f7a85f1ac5846-1.jpgdd72f956ccfb416c7727c49325d0b04c.jpg

This was the fashionable silhouette-- and most men do not naturally have that trim of a nipped waist. So, corsets and chest enhancers were worn under the clothes. This would also help the clothing lie smoother and fit closer.

(Also, open challenge to anyone to guess how many corsets I currently own.)

Another fun fact!! Throughout the 19th century (and definitely in the 1850s), it wasn't at all uncommon for men to be wearing corsets, as well.

View attachment 760135View attachment 760136View attachment 760137

This was the fashionable silhouette-- and most men do not naturally have that trim of a nipped waist. So, corsets and chest enhancers were worn under the clothes. This would also help the clothing lie smoother and fit closer.

(Also, open challenge to anyone to guess how many corsets I currently own.)

As a steampunker, I do know this :D
And I think I own about 7 corsets, plus 3 I'm selling cause they're crap.

I'd say you might have about as many, but expensive ones :D

As a steampunker, I do know this :D
And I think I own about 7 corsets, plus 3 I'm selling cause they're crap.

I'd say you might have about as many, but expensive ones :D
...Funnily enough, I only have four. One pair of reproduction 18th century stays, two modern corsets that I bought until I can save for an actual decent 19th century repro, and then one that I made!! My first foray into the delicate art of corset making!

...Funnily enough, I only have four. One pair of reproduction 18th century stays, two modern corsets that I bought until I can save for an actual decent 19th century repro, and then one that I made!! My first foray into the delicate art of corset making!
Most of mine are cheap fakes, but I don't mind, cause the two real good ones I have cannot be used in my band, I don't get enough air in them to sing XD

That's so validddd-- I haven't really had a chance to attempt singing in a corset.

well the main problem is, for singing you need to be able to breath into your stomach and your ribs need to expand, which ain't an option...
You -can- breathe into your chest, but you cannot create any support.

well the main problem is, for singing you need to be able to breath into your stomach and your ribs need to expand, which ain't an option...
You -can- breathe into your chest, but you cannot create any support.
Don't worry, through various choirs and vocal coaches, I've had 15 years worth of classical vocal training. I used to think I'd go into opera. I'm well aware.

Don't worry, through various choirs and vocal coaches, I've had 15 years worth of classical vocal training. I used to think I'd go into opera. I'm well aware.
Haha, well I kinda suck but, that's another reason why I need all the help I can get!
I'm also fat tho, so it's always a choice between looking better and suffocating.

Gooooosh this is amazing!!
Also you totally remind me of a friend of mine it's uncanny!
How does the first skirt even work ffs!

Gooooosh this is amazing!!
Also you totally remind me of a friend of mine it's uncanny!
How does the first skirt even work ffs!
It's a crinoline, with a skirt on top. You can totally see the hooping steel through the skirt, the light made it transparent. That particular skirt is just obnoxious to pair with any of my petticoats, or I would have layered it.

FB21BEB5-2382-4636-8ECD-851C518E400B.jpegEEA48327-5BF7-497A-B5B0-C28E6ECA03BB.jpeg

A few more looks with full crinoline glory

I love the blue thing best so far!

Zero effort for historical accuracy, just basic steampunk shit but here's what I do
1595561707580.png

By the way, since SilverFlight SilverFlight is clearly asleep, would anyone be opposed to me making just a pm group chat for this?

And MechanicalSnake MechanicalSnake --the jacket on the royal blue outfit is a true antique. It's most likely late 1880s. The skirt is something I made myself, I was just very lucky to find fabric that matches almost exactly. I've also made a ballgown bodice with the same fabric, to match the skirt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back