• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Agent23 Agent23 Okay so here's what I got. The character I've written does not in any way fit into the primal chi category, not in ability nor in temperament. Is there any chance that making the warlord's right hand into something else would be okay with the story? I have a couple of abilities that I categorized as Psy Chi, but maybe I can put them up and you can decide. How was this guy trained? Where was he raised? Why did he become the right hand? What is he expected to do? How does the warlord usually treat his people? Alternatively, I could just make him some random martial artists who wants to get involved.

Or, he could be one of Leno's apprentices but technically did not have permission to go out with the others. I can reduce his base/max chi. Sorry for spamming the chat. XD

Sorey im at work so replys are few and far between.

Warlords right hand is basically a dude from the village near the mountainous area at the center of the continent which is actually close to the warlords camp. Long story short the warlord is a brutal warrior but not a cruel one. He claimed the village and threatened to reduce it to rubble and ash if none could be found to entertain him. The right hand wouldve fought him and he would have found the battle "entertaining" enough to spare the persons village on the condition that the person joined him.

The primal chi is not required just a recommendation because To face the warlord is very hard due to his seemi gly unfathomable physical prowess he is strong and fast and tough enough that most think he is a monster or a Deity. Having the physical power to withstand a punch from him or hit him hard enough that he feels it is quite hard but easier with primal chi.

Being a Student of the yokai or even her grandchild is fine...but her surname is ieno not Leno. Capitol i not lowercase L.

96629cb200d1addde749e05545c2c85e.jpg

Also if i make a guardian this is him...not the most powerful one out there...but veeeeery Haxxy.

You know what...yes there will be 4 guardians. We will make it a tradition thing where each yokai trains 4 students to be their potential replacement. The one i posted above is named Vortus. He has remained hidden for a while and while only his master and fellow guardians know he is a member of the Nagi clan of assassins.

So yeah...there is now one more role open for guardian.

Only two guardians have been deployed to get the siblings currently. The other two are being sent to meet with the warlord and see if they can convince him to meet with Yokai Amiko.

Oh yeah almost forgot. Both characters are currently acceptable as is. I am quite happy with them.

new, concerned about so much posts already, but heavily interested <3
Thank you dont worry about the post count this isnt the actual story just the recruitment page. The story itself starts thursday this week so there is plenty of time for new recruits. Any idea's as to what youd like to be?

yes but first, is this a dice based roleplay?
No it is not. I feel that dice is a bit too restricting and often results in nonsensical responses. Like say you make a ranged character who can steer his projectiles at his foes. It makes no sense to have them miss because they rolled low. But it does make sense to have the defender come up with a way to react.

Any disputes can be solved via conversation and consensus.

Okay that's what I was concerned about, I thought it was with some of the verbiage but yay now that I know it's not. Okay so-

ONE more question before I tell you, what roles are taken, I see 4 pages of messages so i feel some roles may have been asked for before I give my ham

Okay that's what I was concerned about, I thought it was with some of the verbiage but yay now that I know it's not. Okay so-

ONE more question before I tell you, what roles are taken, I see 4 pages of messages so i feel some roles may have been asked for before I give my ham
So far only the two guardians but i just extended it to 4 and claimed one myself so the roles we have availible are the Heir, the Betrothed, One Guardian, The Right hand of the Warlord, and any number of Free roles.

I see, would you prefer I just post on the CS page then? I'm currently between the heir and the betrothed as my character could fit into these dynamics and be fun, I had an idea for a Baihu (White Tiger) like character who is expected to be clam and professional but is quite fierce and passionate, even a temper at times, but she is also analytical and open minded to perspectives of situations/different sides. Seemingly a duality. Her wrath, frustration, suppressing the impulse to get violent usually powers her chi (she is not crazy, she gets angry and willingly suppresses her anger for later, so she convinces herself, though a rush is felt when she finally gets to exert this power), and when it isn't combined with her chi, free of festering anger, it is noticeably a colder or cooler chi, and more neat, refined.

That doesn't mean the type of chi changes rather I guess, the feel or "fashion/display" of it if that makes sense. Like changing a color. Admittedly I had imagined divine chi but I reread and saw it is not yet available so I believe it could be a Primal Chi; really I'd like to think more on it before inaccurately categorizing it.

As I right this I lean more towards the betrothed role though my character would have had to been persuaded or coerced somehow to become the betrothed or is it even a choice, I have no idea?

I see, would you prefer I just post on the CS page then? I'm currently between the heir and the betrothed as my character could fit into these dynamics and be fun, I had an idea for a Baihu (White Tiger) like character who is expected to be clam and professional but is quite fierce and passionate, even a temper at times, but she is also analytical and open minded to perspectives of situations/different sides. Seemingly a duality. Her wrath, frustration, suppressing the impulse to get violent usually powers her chi (she is not crazy, she gets angry and willingly suppresses her anger for later, so she convinces herself, though a rush is felt when she finally gets to exert this power), and when it isn't combined with her chi, free of festering anger, it is noticeably a colder or cooler chi, and more neat, refined.

That doesn't mean the type of chi changes rather I guess, the feel or "fashion/display" of it if that makes sense. Like changing a color. Admittedly I had imagined divine chi but I reread and saw it is not yet available so I believe it could be a Primal Chi; really I'd like to think more on it before inaccurately categorizing it.

As I right this I lean more towards the betrothed role though my character would have had to been persuaded or coerced somehow to become the betrothed or is it even a choice, I have no idea?
Betrothed is a mixed bag. Essentially she will be married off to the younger of the two emperors. There is kinda a choice but not really. The lords and advisors of the emperor basically set it up hoping to curb his malicious ambitions. So in short they would have essentially offered her family either vast wealth or to be crushed into poverty. Not like an off with your head scenario ya know.

Chi does have some relevance to emotion so what you seek can be done with regular chi and id actually advice it be regular for the simple fact that its easy to master, unilaterally effective, and most importantly the easiest to convert into Divine chi when that becomes possible.

As for her husband to be he is unaware of the plot to wed him in an effort to make him chill out. He is kinda not interested in romance or whatever but understands that an emperor without an empress will make him look weaker due to his young age and expected vigor. Luckily he isnt like super evil or a total jerk. He just doesnt see the value in the feelings of others and thinks he knows whats best for most everyone...the most annoying part is he is usually right.

I figured it was the younger xD,

I see, I will take you advice on the chi.
I imagine she knows that he does not know of the betrothing, was likely told he doesn't know yet?

I imagined her similar in that she was not interested in romance, or even to be wedded ever (which is something her family worried about), this will be more of she understanding that the council is worried about their leader going dark or making malicious/border line evil decisions though there will likely be times where she will agree with him. But I can see her becoming devil's advocate, suggesting alternatives and or other possibilities to consider, especially to appeal to those who pine for morals and ethics despite the success coming from his lack-there-of and intelligence, efficiency. She is probably like-
"what do you mean make him chill out? We're thriving?"
"He needs to be nicer, and laid back a little more, not entirely but, he might be letting all this get to his head, he is young"

-this something you going for in the role?

Also I do apologize if this discussion seems tiring but, I do like to discuss things, I feel it helps any collaborative writing

I figured it was the younger xD,

I see, I will take you advice on the chi.
I imagine she knows that he does not know of the betrothing, was likely told he doesn't know yet?

I imagined her similar in that she was not interested in romance, or even to be wedded ever (which is something her family worried about), this will be more of she understanding that the council is worried about their leader going dark or making malicious/border line evil decisions though there will likely be times where she will agree with him. But I can see her becoming devil's advocate, suggesting alternatives and or other possibilities to consider, especially to appeal to those who pine for morals and ethics despite the success coming from his lack-there-of and intelligence, efficiency. She is probably like-
"what do you mean make him chill out? We're thriving?"
"He needs to be nicer, and laid back a little more, not entirely but, he might be letting all this get to his head, he is young"

-this something you going for in the role?

Also I do apologize if this discussion seems tiring but, I do like to discuss things, I feel it helps any collaborative writing
No need to apologize i live for brainstorms.

Yeah that sounds exactly like what i am looking for in that role. Someone to curb his Urges to just declare war and be done with the "annoying politics" of the matter. The question is how does she actually feel about their nation? It isnt exactly a utopia or anything and as with any nation it has its strife. Under his rule it has grown more economically prosperous and its educational systems and Agricultural distribution has gone up considerably, but legalization of Opium and other hard drugs have lead to increases in crime and addiction fueled poverty. Plus he seems to be ramping up his military spending by subtle gains each week that he is hoping wont be noticed.

Hey man! Can't say just yet if I'm joining for sure (since school likes to dump work on me, don't wanna have too much on my plate. Though, in a day or so I should be okay.), but I'm definitely going to stick around! Great work, as always.

HAH when she gets there she will certainly notice and approach him about it, she will also have him become aware of the opium addiction problem if he is not already. My character can be blunt but she isn't stupid blunt.

She would know and applaud the agricultural and educational feats of the economy since his coming to power. And having a strong military, as long as they aren't all assholes, always has a country feeling safe. Though she may see he already knows this is an accomplishment and doe snto need assurance on the matter. He's obviously headstrong and doesn't need "pats on the back".

But she will caution that internal affairs are just as important as the external ones; politics, military.

My character would have originally felt that it is ultimately dumb to sale a drug like opium in one's own nation, but then who is to say it's any different than alcohol? Realistically she knows not all commodities are good for people. Nothing is without cons. She would have rightfully stayed away from this drug, knowing better, as well as any addicts of the drug. Though that's not to say she doesn't feel bad for say children of addicts who have no choice in the matter of their living conditions, and other effects of having a druggy guardian. All in all it's an annoyance, but knowing how the drug is so addictive, she might actually suggest a way to use opium (oops).

This idea I just had, now that drug addiction has been mentioned and have been writing: sure, clearly some physical fighting and battling is going to take place, but if the drug is so addictive, and we're trying to stay away from some unnecessary bloodshed or loss of life altogether, however you want to see it; have the use of opium planted, slowly and then like wildfire make addicts in the other two parties (the Rebels and the other Empire).

She would also suggest it is not great to look at an empire whose poverty are so because of a drug it's empire legalized. But she would also know this is a tricky situation period even if they both are onboard with no longer allowing the drug to be readily available for citizens to gain. It's a source of revenue, it's a commodity the people are used to, and the addicted would have to be dealt with who would obviously be opposed to any kind of restriction on the drug. And you certainly couldn't just cut them down just because they are stirring trouble because of a decision you made that previously appeared perfectly fine, if not tolerable, in the empire (would be seen as a bad decision, and the fault of the emperor). I mean you could kill them for their "rebelling" but it would ultimately be tied back to the emperor making a poor choice. She knows this. So instead; after some thought, she may try hitting on the point that it inspires crime. To which criminals found guilty, should be sent to the military/battlefield/wherever in the Empire's militant forces. In this she may start sounding similar to the emperor as she becomes less caring of these people's lives specifically. She is also a bigger picture, and would see this as a benefit and deterrent to cause crimes in the Empire.

She may also suggest that the purchase or acquirement of opium past a certain amount (per week) can prevent others from purchasing it, call it coveting, and make a law against this. Or that those performing poorly in there jobs behind the affects of opium cannot purchase it/use it as it affects their work and so affects the nation.

But she's realistic as she is passionate, she knows things cannot change overnight, or maybe they can, but expecting them to is foolish.

Being an analyzer, she doesn't just waltz around expecting everything to be "as it should" especially if she was approached by the counselors the way she was. Some subtle investigation, she would definitely come across the spending on military, at least at some point. The way I imagine her approaching I'm on this subject is asking questions she feels she already knows the answers to, but would like to hear the emperor's answers, perspective, assuming is also foolish after all; "Are your warriors well fed? Well equipped? Are all the outposts suitably populated?" questions like these and when responded with answers revolving around a "yes" then she will ask why continue this then when you could be using this for better instruments.

I don't know what you had in mind in regards to the emperor and espionage, or if you included that in military, but this would be the next thing she suggests. You're ramping up your swords, but where are you striking besides the obvious. we should be looking for cracks in the armor. And when it comes to the ao siblings, we should be hunting as cats in shadows, not wolves in numbers, it makes things too chaotic and could make it easier for our [enemies?] to find and catch them. Basically she is suggesting diverting it from overspending on militant strength specifically and towards information gathering and spies, trackers, etc.

HAH when she gets there she will certainly notice and approach him about it, she will also have him become aware of the opium addiction problem if he is not already. My character can be blunt but she isn't stupid blunt.

She would know and applaud the agricultural and educational feats of the economy since his coming to power. And having a strong military, as long as they aren't all assholes, always has a country feeling safe. Though she may see he already knows this is an accomplishment and doe snto need assurance on the matter. He's obviously headstrong and doesn't need "pats on the back".

But she will caution that internal affairs are just as important as the external ones; politics, military.

My character would have originally felt that it is ultimately dumb to sale a drug like opium in one's own nation, but then who is to say it's any different than alcohol? Realistically she knows not all commodities are good for people. Nothing is without cons. She would have rightfully stayed away from this drug, knowing better, as well as any addicts of the drug. Though that's not to say she doesn't feel bad for say children of addicts who have no choice in the matter of their living conditions, and other effects of having a druggy guardian. All in all it's an annoyance, but knowing how the drug is so addictive, she might actually suggest a way to use opium (oops).

This idea I just had, now that drug addiction has been mentioned and have been writing: sure, clearly some physical fighting and battling is going to take place, but if the drug is so addictive, and we're trying to stay away from some unnecessary bloodshed or loss of life altogether, however you want to see it; have the use of opium planted, slowly and then like wildfire make addicts in the other two parties (the Rebels and the other Empire).

She would also suggest it is not great to look at an empire whose poverty are so because of a drug it's empire legalized. But she would also know this is a tricky situation period even if they both are onboard with no longer allowing the drug to be readily available for citizens to gain. It's a source of revenue, it's a commodity the people are used to, and the addicted would have to be dealt with who would obviously be opposed to any kind of restriction on the drug. And you certainly couldn't just cut them down just because they are stirring trouble because of a decision you made that previously appeared perfectly fine, if not tolerable, in the empire (would be seen as a bad decision, and the fault of the emperor). I mean you could kill them for their "rebelling" but it would ultimately be tied back to the emperor making a poor choice. She knows this. So instead; after some thought, she may try hitting on the point that it inspires crime. To which criminals found guilty, should be sent to the military/battlefield/wherever in the Empire's militant forces. In this she may start sounding similar to the emperor as she becomes less caring of these people's lives specifically. She is also a bigger picture, and would see this as a benefit and deterrent to cause crimes in the Empire.

She may also suggest that the purchase or acquirement of opium past a certain amount (per week) can prevent others from purchasing it, call it coveting, and make a law against this. Or that those performing poorly in there jobs behind the affects of opium cannot purchase it/use it as it affects their work and so affects the nation.

But she's realistic as she is passionate, she knows things cannot change overnight, or maybe they can, but expecting them to is foolish.

Being an analyzer, she doesn't just waltz around expecting everything to be "as it should" especially if she was approached by the counselors the way she was. Some subtle investigation, she would definitely come across the spending on military, at least at some point. The way I imagine her approaching I'm on this subject is asking questions she feels she already knows the answers to, but would like to hear the emperor's answers, perspective, assuming is also foolish after all; "Are your warriors well fed? Well equipped? Are all the outposts suitably populated?" questions like these and when responded with answers revolving around a "yes" then she will ask why continue this then when you could be using this for better instruments.

I don't know what you had in mind in regards to the emperor and espionage, or if you included that in military, but this would be the next thing she suggests. You're ramping up your swords, but where are you striking besides the obvious. we should be looking for cracks in the armor. And when it comes to the ao siblings, we should be hunting as cats in shadows, not wolves in numbers, it makes things too chaotic and could make it easier for our [enemies?] to find and catch them. Basically she is suggesting diverting it from overspending on militant strength specifically and towards information gathering and spies, trackers, etc.
I think you will be a very nice addition to this rp. This character seems to have a very good level of intellect behind her and that can be just as powerful if not more so than even the highest levels of chi mastery. She will definitely go far with this kind of strategic thinking and subtle manipulation. Kinda reminds me of Varys that bald portly eunuch genius from game of thrones. Subtle but with eyes and ears always watching and little birds everywhere.

Speaking of the Ao siblings im actually working on them now. Almost done with Tsukiyomi but im getting tired so im probably gonna post the wip i did do a little work with Amaterasu as well.

Sorey im at work so replys are few and far between.

Warlords right hand is basically a dude from the village near the mountainous area at the center of the continent which is actually close to the warlords camp. Long story short the warlord is a brutal warrior but not a cruel one. He claimed the village and threatened to reduce it to rubble and ash if none could be found to entertain him. The right hand wouldve fought him and he would have found the battle "entertaining" enough to spare the persons village on the condition that the person joined him.

The primal chi is not required just a recommendation because To face the warlord is very hard due to his seemi gly unfathomable physical prowess he is strong and fast and tough enough that most think he is a monster or a Deity. Having the physical power to withstand a punch from him or hit him hard enough that he feels it is quite hard but easier with primal chi.

Being a Student of the yokai or even her grandchild is fine...but her surname is ieno not Leno. Capitol i not lowercase L.
Awesome. I think I'll stick with the char I wrote then. Idk why my brain read lower case L. It's fixed XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back