• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kolan and The Guild Wars OOC

Welcome NextGenRolePlayer NextGenRolePlayer to the Raven guild! Making the guild complete in its needs for members! Currently in the thread it’s a bit after dawn and you can jump right in and enter the guild. Please check out the armory and make a post there as well!

Wait wait

shadowz1995 shadowz1995

So Henry can literally read thoughts?
Of course. He can look into memories, feel & manipulate emotions, use divination, telekinesis, and all sorts of stuff.

But he sticks to surface level stuff. He only does a deep dive if information is absolutely need or if the person he is doing it on is willing.

So in RAvus's case,the thoughts he was having about the dragon, about him, and his thought to be cautious and stretch out his control on dark essence were all read by Henry because they were surface thoughts.

slim slim shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Tsutarji Tsutarji
You guys can just write a line or two for the paper work thing and just go right to your questions or right to getting a room and going back to talking to the others

Everyone else, you are free to roam about the hall. If you guys want a time skip at any time for what ever reason, tell me. I don't want to make this to fast or slow paced.

I'd say I'd be in but I don't see it in Arleth's personality to join a guild she wasn't exactly interested in and then immediately go on a quest with other people... but I don't know, have to see how her entrance goes. Lol the sound of it might be interesting to her.

Yeah, and also we won’t be embarking on the quest immediately. I would like for our new memebers to be introduced first and perhaps have a some time to acquaint themselves with the others. ‘‘Tis is just toxplan ahead and already have where we’re going next in mind.

Getting ready to add more to the Questions section of the lore but after I do I'm going to start on redesigning that to be easier to navigate information and group information better. Basically itll be easier to find stuff and look nicer.

Later I'm thinking about finally adding a comprehensive time line of the world (and Kolan)
Is that something you guys are interested in or no?

Getting ready to add more to the Questions section of the lore but after I do I'm going to start on redesigning that to be easier to navigate information and group information better. Basically itll be easier to find stuff and look nicer.

Later I'm thinking about finally adding a comprehensive time line of the world (and Kolan)
Is that something you guys are interested in or no?
I love it!

Ok So I got a lot of questions from people. I have no idea how putting accordion in a spoiler will look on mobile but I'm doing it. All of these are on the Lore pages and I will start to update how that section looks if nothing else comes up that takes precedence . There's some good questions here I hope you guys find em useful

Vampires + Ghost Biology

What are the biological details behind vampires in this rp? Besides weakness to sunlight it seems...And ghosts for that matter.

Vampires are basically living corpses, they don’t have to breathe and need blood to survive. They don’t have to be pale but are sensitive to sunlight. More so than most Dammed. They are stronger and faster and have a heightened senses. Basically because they aren’t alive per day they can push the body further and are able to turn anyone into a vampire.

Ghosts are like, when a soul no longer is attached to the body but does not leave the mortal plane. They can briefly interact with the world at times but most times are basically nonexistent in terms of messing with the world. They can be seen, and interact with other ghosts as well. To move on is different for each ghost and would be more associated with what they believed in Life.

How does turning someone work here? Give blood, STD (Through exchange of fluids like saliva, blood, etc) virus in the bite or so on. How is their durability? Considering they are kind of already dead? Maybe a weakness to fire?

Definitely weakness to fire and vulnerable to being used by necromancy. Light magic can harm them as well if the light used is similar to sunlight and but poisons don’t typically harm them as badly as they would other creatures

And turning works if you consume a vampires blood In any way, it can’t just be a like a drop though.

As for ghosts, do they just wander around or are they bound to one place? Is possession possible? Or haunting an individual? Can they freely communicate with mediums or people in tune with a specific magic? Are poltergeists (old, powerful ghosts) a thing? Wraiths or Banshees?

Ghost can wander around bit in places they’ve been to before they are stronger and more capable of interacting with the world. They can posses people and it’s painful for the victim to be posses and they won’t remember what they did. they can communicate with anyone but mediums can feel their feeling and know more about them off the bat and even interact with ghosts themselves. It’s possuvle to summon a ghost with summoning spells certain witches use rituals to use ghosts to fight for them or achieve curses through them. Necromancers can’t ise a ghost but can bind a ghost to a dead body that doesn’t have its own ghost some where.

And yes, poltergeist, wraiths and Banshees are a thing and are considered a part of the Damned. The specifics I’ll leave up to you to have fun with.

Psychics

Besides mind reading/ healing, what else can a Psychic do

Create forcefeilds, use their mind to move things around them, think telepathy and Telekinesis . They can put their minds into others and control them or confuse them. Add thoughts to other people. Change, read memories, feel powerful memories left behind in places. Some can divine into the past or future. Most psychics are able to do healing and reading but to get the cooler stuff (and feel free to make up some real cool shit) takes more practice and work.

Is telekinesis a form of a magic as well?

It’s a magic that’s not hard to learn. Most people can use it but psychics can be absolute pros and naturals at it.

Im sure mind control is limited to NPCs or willing players. Lethal applications of the power would probably be reserved to NPC combat (like shaping kinetic energy to a pinpoint and rocketing it through someones eye. Basically like a telekinetic harpoon) Things of that nature.

And yeah, you are completely correct, once he takes over an npc they’ll be his (unless they are strong enough to resist) till he’s done with them.

Fae Lifespans

I was wondering and I hadn't found anything about it, but what would the lifespans a Fae be and what would the expected lifespans of a mixture of [a Fae] with a Human be?

Fae are tricky, they don’t typically have a life span, when a Fae dies it’s usually because they choose to die. Each body they have may last as long as forever but if they are mortally injured the body will turn to soil dust and go to a carnation to make a new one.

A half human half Fae, I’d feel would just have a limited amount of carnations (unknown to them how many) or could she like a human each time and die of old age only to get a new incarnation again and technically live as many human lives till they want to die permanently. It’s not one or the other, both can happen (not at the same time of course XD ) it just depends on the genetics of the individual hybrid.

The meat thing with Fae would that affect a half Fae's ability to shift or is that optional like it depends on the person?

It would affect a half fae’s ability no matter what. But it may be that they just can’t shift for very long or use more energy to do so since they are only half Fae. And I’ll leave the amount of animalistic tendencies that show up to you.

It wasn't that clear on whether shifting is a born or learned ability?

All magic is learned but some have more of a natural ability to find out how to use it and have more of a knack for it.

Is the glowing stuff like for your Fae the other part of shifting or is that just an innate ability?

The glowing stuff is bioluminescence and is apart of their biology. No magic required unless you are not a Fae

How does one cross the thorn barrier of the Fae kingdom?

Either by force, cutting and burning, but that would make the trees try to thwart you more, or if you're nice to the trees they'll let you pass. Typically the trees won't do much if you're leaving the kingdom, its going back in, especially with bad intentions, that's hard.

How does shifting work? Does one have to disrobe before they can change or do their clothes just change with them? If the clothes don't change to, could an enchantment be used on them to make them change?

Once you get the hang of shifting you keep your clothes, both natural shifting and magically. Young shifters especially, or those who shift after a long time with out doing so, typically end up naked after shifting, Its not uncommon too see a little kid run around with no clothes and their parents chasing them.

Do you have a like language translator you are using for the Fae or something? I could always use names from that if you have one you are using.

I honestly will just make up words for that language. If you want's go for something more like German, that would be the closest. I want the language to sound harsh when spoken but if you understand it it's actually very elegant. Just leave an English translation in parenthesis.

Witch Land Residents

The Witch Lands, people actually live there?

Some people do and some say there’s still plenty of witches out there. Though fugitives would definitely stay there and people who just don’t like other people would stay out there.

Shifters and Shifting magic

Is there a limit to how many forms a Shifter can take or is it just whatever they want but we select primaries? And what about equipment? I was looking at the armory and saw things about enchantments and the like?

A shifter can only shift between two forms. Usually one from the hekaspectrum and an animal form, but you got some cool ideas for both forms go for it

So could I trade any other magic for her to have more forms or should I just pick more magic types?

Yeah There’s nothing stopping anyone from using shape shifting magic, just there’s two forms that doesn’t use any magic to shift to for shifters so and there’s no limit when using the magic other than the persons skill limit. So they can shift to any form there’s no other type magic that’ll add to what they can shift to unless you get creative I guess?

Okay so in theory I could put the forms she uses the most on the character sheet? Just two of those would be like... natural abilities?

Yes, so as a Shifter who uses shapeshifting magic you could have some forms they usually use but one will be the ‘default’ Like how they are normally with out magic And the other one would be the only form that doesn’t require magic to shift too, the form that makes them a shifter.

If it's okay then I'll just put shifting magic, unless it would also be okay to have another type of magic? If that's overkill I won't do it but it probably wouldn't be anything like attack magic. xD just like illusions. I want her to rely mostly on speed and agility and I am thinking she'll be a rogue either thief or assassin. I was thinking stunt fighter but the former two things just sound like they are more heavy in the places that I need them to be despite the fact that at the very least, thief doesn't really suit her as a title. lol

Yeah so just put shifting magic as one of the main four types of magic they use. Don’t forget that anybody can use any type of magic but it’s a matter of how skilled you are in using a spell. So your main four or less will be the ones you’re strongest In.

How does shifting work? Does one have to disrobe before they can change or do their clothes just change with them? If the clothes don't change to, could an enchantment be used on them to make them change?

Once you get the hang of shifting you keep your clothes, both natual shifting and magically. Young shifters especially, or those who shift after a long time with out doing so, typically end up naked after shifting, Its not uncommon too see a little kid run around with no clothes and their parents chasing them.

Armory and Stats

Now about the armory thing? I have her armor but like I said before, she relies on speed and agility so I either want to add some defense if enchantments are allowed or buffs to her speed and agility.

If the enchantment is small it’s allowed at level one.

I was looking over the race information and I think I saw that Fae are naturally inherent in agility so would that make a character that is part Fae, a rogue, and an assassin a +3 in agi?

A rouge Assassin would be the word. They are an assassin, which is in the rogue class so yeah they get both those buffs.

And yes, they’d be one heck of an agile being.

And what part do these stats play in RP? Just point me where I need to read if I missed something. xD

So there’s no dice to say if you succeed in an action or not so the stats aren’t numbers since the numbers don’t count towards that sort of thing. The Stats are there to keep everyone in check and make is so we don’t need dice. And it helps us Gm’s to make sure that people aren’t doing thing out of their character capability. So no they don’t have an exact Agility level but we’ll all know that If they bend over back wards and hug their legs like that it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility
Enchanting Items

Could an enchantment be made to hold a spell? For example, I want to give my character a mask that she wears when not on her down time and I would like to enchant the mask to hold an illusion spell for up to 4 hours without draining her power.

Personally just say it has an illusion enchantment with a 4 hour limit before it needs to recharge magically. If its a spell put onto an item I consider it an enchantment anyways no matter what the spell may be.

The Real God/ Hero References

I have a question... I read the stuff about traditional Gods not existing so Angels and Demons don't, but I was wondering are there any actual deities in this world? And also, how do you feel about fictional relics made for character weapons or ones that are just named for fictional like heroes and things?

Oh. And I read the references to Gaia and the Mother so I mean besides that. xD

Yes, there are deities. I would love for the Fae's religion to be what's actually real (since i have all the details to it already XD ) but I think it's more fun to have everyone's religion be true to some extent.

Fictional relics, I don't mind if you do that. Make all the hero references you want

Niniva size and Carriages

How big is Niniva? Like how long would it take to get across the island on foot?

I’d say it’s fairly large. Take a day or two to walks across the island.

Horses and carriages pretty common place?

most people’s walk but horses and carriages are used in the bigger islands like Niniva, Kolan, and Galaventia.

Raven Guild hall details

Does the guild have a stable?
Yes a small one

Would a new member knock or just enter?

You can just walk in but knocking and announcing your arrival is polite.

Where specifically is the guild in relation to Niniva? Is it in the city?

North of the main city, near the coast. Not very far in walking distance

Single Quest

How would someone do a single man quest?

Basically it’ll just be me and you and I’ll describe what you find and I’ll be all the npcs you talk with etc.

Teleportation Magic

Is teleportation magic a thing?

Yes, though it’s one that’s takes a bit to master. If it’s new to that person they may leave some limbs behind (but they can get them back no problem, it’s like that splintching thingsmajig from Harry Potter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back