Fantasy Kolan and The Guild Wars OOC

Created on
Index progress
Complete

Welcome to Kolan and the Guild Wars!

Index

June Verles

Nothing to see here, carry on.
@AgWordSmith I have a question, well more like two questions but they are related, Let's say someone became a witch, would that make their magic more exoterically powerful? (That's what I assume since they're giving away their soul, which is esoteric ) And can a witch still become an elemental even though they gave their soul away?

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
@AgWordSmith I have a question, well more like two questions but they are related, Let's say someone became a witch, would that make their magic more exoterically powerful? (That's what I assume since they're giving away their soul, which is esoteric ) And can a witch still become an elemental even though they gave their soul away?
1:Yes! Exactly. Many who are Esotericly weak will often give up pieces of their soul to increase Exoteric power.

2: Well You can already be an Elemental, give a piece of your soul away, and become a witch. But if some one finds out, you would be shunned, or rudely treated since this is somewhat of a taboo or seen as a sort of cheating
the reson behind this treatment and "superstition" is to put down Witches and Wizards so that people wont try to do this often and possibly over throw the Hekespectrum system.
BUT
if you are not already an Elemental or do not have any elemental genes at all, you would have to go to an Elemental to make a deal to become one. A soul is typically use to barter with, You can give pieces of it away. So if you didn't use it all to become a witch you may trade some more of it to become embodied by nature. This is a one time deal. After that You will sacrifice parts of your normal appearance/functions to gain more Elemental power, in consequence that parts of you taken will be replaced by parts of your element (Ie. you hair may change into flames or you may grow flowers on your skin)

If You did use up your soul to become a witch you could barter with other things or maybe even find an Elemental who would perfrom the small ritual for free. If you can't find one and nothing to barter with, then nope. You can't become one.

June Verles

1:Yes! Exactly. Many who are Esotericly weak will often give up pieces of their soul to increase Exoteric power.

2: Well You can already be an Elemental, give a piece of your soul away, and become a witch. But if some one finds out, you would be shunned, or rudely treated since this is somewhat of a taboo or seen as a sort of cheating
the reson behind this treatment and "superstition" is to put down Witches and Wizards so that people wont try to do this often and possibly over throw the Hekespectrum system.
BUT
if you are not already an Elemental or do not have any elemental genes at all, you would have to go to an Elemental to make a deal to become one. A soul is typically use to barter with, You can give pieces of it away. So if you didn't use it all to become a witch you may trade some more of it to become embodied by nature. This is a one time deal. After that You will sacrifice parts of your normal appearance/functions to gain more Elemental power, in consequence that parts of you taken will be replaced by parts of your element (Ie. you hair may change into flames or you may grow flowers on your skin)

If You did use up your soul to become a witch you could barter with other things or maybe even find an Elemental who would perfrom the small ritual for free. If you can't find one and nothing to barter with, then nope. You can't become one.
But that wouldn't make sense, would it? Since Elementals are esoterically strong giving away some of that esotericism for exotericism that they are quite bad at would instead just make them more weak overall all right?

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
But that wouldn't make sense, would it? Since Elementals are esoterically strong giving away some of that esotericism for exotericism that they are quite bad at would instead just make them more weak overall all right?
Yes, but it's still possible. Sometimes very bad choices are made.

June Verles

@AgWordSmith , I have an idea for a very unlucky character but it's a bit out there so I wanted to get it by you before I start making it. So it's a human mage, who was lazy and instead of being executed she was sent to be a slave to orsinium, but the ship crashed and landed in the Hybridos. Wanting to take revenge on the kingdom that betrayed her she decided to get more power by becoming a witch, so she hitched with a caravan of chimeras that were going to the dark lands so she can do it in the witch lands. Unfortunately, she died there and later got resurrected as a ghoul, after she decided she would travel to Kolan looking for a better job. But unfortunately, she got lost while traversing the Dark Land's Air Enclave and she was found starving by a strong dark elemental (because she was traveling at night) who saved her by taking even more of her soul and transforming her so much of an elemental where she could survive.

But since she was a witch, and now an elemental that would place her Hekaspectrum ranking about the place where it previously was, something she tried to change from the beginning.

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
@AgWordSmith , I have an idea for a very unlucky character but it's a bit out there so I wanted to get it by you before I start making it. So it's a human mage, who was lazy and instead of being executed she was sent to be a slave to orsinium, but the ship crashed and landed in the Hybridos. Wanting to take revenge on the kingdom that betrayed her she decided to get more power by becoming a witch, so she hitched with a caravan of chimeras that were going to the dark lands so she can do it in the witch lands. Unfortunately, she died there and later got resurrected as a ghoul, after she decided she would travel to Kolan looking for a better job. But unfortunately, she got lost while traversing the Dark Land's Air Enclave and she was found starving by a strong dark elemental (because she was traveling at night) who saved her by taking even more of her soul and transforming her so much of an elemental where she could survive.

But since she was a witch, and now an elemental that would place her Hekaspectrum ranking about the place where it previously was, something she tried to change from the beginning.
Yes. That is definitely plausible and her powers would actually be even less so than she started with as a human, and I was generous in that calculation sooooo

But! If she gave up enough of herself to be identified as an elemental at first sight, then people would Think she's above them and she could act like she is indeed apart of the third most esoterically powerful beings in the world. Though if word got out that A) She's a witch B)Is actually a ghoul now C) Was human in the first place or any combination of those. Then she would be in trouble socially.

Though when using her powers, it would be apparent that she is indeed very weak Esoterically and Exoterically, but her Exoteric powers would be stronger than her Esoteric. However from what I've calculated she would be less powerful Exoteraclly than a normal human.(Esoterically she would be in the range of The Damned's powers) So in fights you'd have to keep that in mind when using magic.

June Verles

Though when using her powers, it would be apparent that she is indeed very weak Esoterically and Exoterically, but her Exoteric powers would be stronger than her Esoteric. However from what I've calculated she would be less powerful Exoteraclly than a normal human.(Esoterically she would be in the range of The Damned's powers) So in fights you'd have to keep that in mind when using magic.
Would it get stronger as she becomes more and more elemental? In terms of Esoteric

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
Would it get stronger as she becomes more and more elemental? In terms of Esoteric
Hmmmm. I would say yes. She could become even stringer Esoterically than Exoterically but! would never be as strong as a normal elemental since she's gone through so many changes already.

June Verles

Hmmmm. I would say yes. She could become even stringer Esoterically than Exoterically but! would never be as strong as a normal elemental since she's gone through so many changes already.
That is fair enough, though I do have to ask what makes a dark elemental different from an air elemental?

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
A question I thought needed to be available to everyone:
So aside from banners, what differentiates the Wolves and the Ravens? Do they differ in ideology? Do they have different goals they're trying to achieve? etc.

Answer(s):
(From @Panzer )
The Raven is a guild that focuses on Strategy and Intellect, whilst the other one Relies on peacekeeping and keeping relations.
Basically: Raven= An intrigue guild, possibly evil.
Wolf= Peacekeeping and good-guy stuff, basically being the force for good.

My answer:
I don't about the dichotomy of good and evil quite yet. That will depend on what story you guys end up unfolding, but Yes Calla would run her guild with a more intelligent and strategy based thinking and John doe Would go for a more "Heroic" based outlook BUT both leaders have different goals and purposes for their guilds. Though I can't strictly speak for Paul, and he does not use Discord I can say Calla is more or less proving a point. What points exactly I'll leave to be discovered. What you do get to know is that one point she's proving is that a guild could be made and be ran with out becoming a corrupted organization. (So far)

June Verles

@AgWordSmith Hey Im having some trouble with the cs code, do you mind helping me a bit? Specifically, I cannot change the name and the first picture(Option 1) to that of my character even though I changed the required field
Raven Guild Application
Appearances
Armor
Weapon
Weapon 2
Option 1
Option 2
Original
Return
Name:

True Age:

Appearance Age:

Species:

Class: (Base Class; Subclass)

Distinguishing features:

Preferred weapon(s): (Two types)

Preferred Type(s) of Magic: (Top four types maximum)

Details
Skills:

Personality:

History:
(include where they came from and how they end up in Kolan if they are not from there)

Close
Views on the Hekaspectrum:

Reason for joining the Raven Guild:

Official Document of the Kolan Guild Committee

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
@AgWordSmith Hey Im having some trouble with the cs code, do you mind helping me a bit? Specifically, I cannot change the name and the first picture(Option 1) to that of my character even though I changed the required field
Raven Guild Application
Appearances
Armor
Weapon
Weapon 2
Option 1
Option 2
Original
Return
Name:

True Age:

Appearance Age:

Species:

Class: (Base Class; Subclass)

Distinguishing features:

Preferred weapon(s): (Two types)

Preferred Type(s) of Magic: (Top four types maximum)

Details
Skills:

Personality:

History:
(include where they came from and how they end up in Kolan if they are not from there)

Close
Views on the Hekaspectrum:

Reason for joining the Raven Guild:

Official Document of the Kolan Guild Committee

You did change it here
1.PNG

But this code here
2.PNG
is what makes the buttons appear and you didn't change the name there as well.

You have to change it in both places because the script is written to recognize the text in the code from the first picture and add the link if those exact words show up in the Code that actually builds what you see on the screen

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
Fantasy - The Armory
Now you guys don't have to worry bout this thread quite yet but I wanted to go ahead and make it, once your Cs is approved you can create your Armory
And I dont want to rush any one. There's plenty of time to create the CS in fact you have all weekend and if you guys need more time, then I will give more time.

I will be away from my computer all weekend, I will be free to message and answer questions and what not, but I will not be able to code from my little, tiny phone. So I am just creating this and some other threads before hand.

@Loke Fullbuster @Normal dude @Panzer @Lorkhan @SP3CT3R @Kumii @AI10100 @mikolayev _ @Vampunk @Soma Schicksal @PaulHaynek

June Verles

The Quest Book

Another Important one!
More Quests will be added later, I lost the code for the second half of the quest I wanted to start with. There will be ten or so total to start off with
and any suggestions for a voting system are welcomed!

@Loke Fullbuster @Normal dude @Panzer @Lorkhan @SP3CT3R @Kumii @AI10100 @mikolayev _ @Vampunk @Soma Schicksal @PaulHaynek
Majority's ranking. Everyone ranks the quests from how much they would like to play it from 1-10 and then the we play the overall highest score.

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
Majority's ranking. Everyone ranks the quests from how much they would like to play it from 1-10 and then the we play the overall highest score.
Hmmm that may work.

@Panzer I love your enthusiasm but I wanted for you guys to wait till after your cs’s were done to post in the armory. But it’s ok, don’t feel bad just wanted to point out that it’s is mainly to keep track of weapons and armor, but if you any guys really wanna add descriptions for your other gear I won’t stop you, but that is optional.

Panzer

A Forgettable Nuisance
Hmmm that may work.

@Panzer I love your enthusiasm but I wanted for you guys to wait till after your cs’s were done to post in the armory. But it’s ok, don’t feel bad just wanted to point out that it’s is mainly to keep track of weapons and armor, but if you any guys really wanna add descriptions for your other gear I won’t stop you, but that is optional.
Alrighty

Panzer

A Forgettable Nuisance
Ah, yes. My apologies. I got a bit side-tracked with the whole armory thingy. I was thinking up ideas for the travel pack, and I may have posted it prematurely in an accident which I can only excuse by saying that I was tired and I wasn't thinking clearly.

AgWordSmith

A Freckled Encounter
Ah, yes. My apologies. I got a bit side-tracked with the whole armory thingy. I was thinking up ideas for the travel pack, and I may have posted it prematurely in an accident which I can only excuse by saying that I was tired and I wasn't thinking clearly.
Its ok, i understand that cx. You can keep it up there just to save your spot, just tell me if you add anything to it later

Panzer

A Forgettable Nuisance
Its ok, i understand that cx. You can keep it up there just to save your spot, just tell me if you add anything to it later
Ah, yes. I am going to be adding a lot of things to it- as I figure that I have to describe the contents of the bag as well.
Alrighty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)