• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Gods OOC Always Open

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Looks like some conversation has been happening while I slept. My question is,how far does humanity's domain reach under the gods? As far as Pluto or beyond a single solar system? Is it easy to get around for people who aren't actively serving the gods?

Looks like some conversation has been happening while I slept. My question is,how far does humanity's domain reach under the gods? As far as Pluto or beyond a single solar system? Is it easy to get around for people who aren't actively serving the gods?
So far Humanity has not managed to reach other Solar Systems. But has managed to expand to the Kuiper Belt (about 30-50 Astronomical Units away).

Travel for Humanity is quite advanced with a large stellar commercial and industrial sector having emerged in the 250 years from our IRL present. Human starships are able to use highly efficient Fusion reactors that burn at extremely high efficiency. Allowing trips that would have taken years (Earth to Saturn) with 2020s Chemical Rocket engines down to much more manageable time scales.

Depending on location of Celestial bodies which can make trips shorter or longer. But on average a trip to Mars from Earth would only take about 3-5 days (as opposed to irl six to seven months one way) if on the same side of the Sun. Trips from Earth to the Jovian Moons (Moons of Jupiter) about a few weeks etc (irl with current technology would take 6-8 years to do a one-way trip).

So, it is comparatively pretty easy for people to get around. But not necessarily something everyone can do or afford. Tickets on passenger ships or freighters being much like the irl costs of flying economy class or first class but crossed with the possible comforts of irl maritime ships and trains. You pay for a thin bunk in a crowded compartment on a trip that would take days to weeks or months (if goin' way far out like Saturn etc) or you dropped stacks of cash to fly in a cozy suite. Barring you have means or on a religious groups dime (major temple orders likely got significant funds) the average joe is probably traveling in the cramped compartment.

At any rate still waaaaay better technologically than IRL.

Anyway,I got a character idea or two,probably going to be demigod level,but I'll hold off until we get more interest+know more about the main gods in this setting.

What do you think about a Goddess of the Winds, someone sailors would often pray to alongside whoever is the Deity of the Sea?

I might experiment with different idea's, however right now I am working on Morpheus, prime God of Dreams

Attachments

• Morpheus.jpg
    Morpheus.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks! However, I do have a question, since he's a lesser known God, he would fall more into the Minor God category right?

Thanks! However, I do have a question, since he's a lesser known God, he would fall more into the Minor God category right?
That is likely but not strictly so. The first question is if he is a child of Ra and Gaia. If so, he's automatically a major god regardless of how many followers, he possesses. Though, he won't have as nearly as much influence or strength as his peers if he is truly lesser known with much fewer adherents.

If he is not a child of the big two then he can easily be slotted in as a Minor God.

That's really interesting, I'll have to definitely think about it more tomorrow

But I'm going to bed now, so goodnight all! Or good day if some of you have different time zones

ValinoreanDawn ValinoreanDawn now that the site is back up,a question.

Is it possible for a minor god descended from a major to gain influence over a domain that their predecessor does not possess?

For example,could a minor god born of Neptune/Poseidon/Ao Guang/whatever sea god gain influence over (say) fire and volcanoes over time?

I'm really excited to see what everyone comes up with, I've posted two of the characters I have been working on but of course I'll only be roleplaying one of them (Leaning towards Amphitrite haha) but would love to know what ya'll think ^_^

ValinoreanDawn ValinoreanDawn now that the site is back up,a question.

Is it possible for a minor god descended from a major to gain influence over a domain that their predecessor does not possess?

For example,could a minor god born of Neptune/Poseidon/Ao Guang/whatever sea god gain influence over (say) fire and volcanoes over time?
Oooo, that's a good question

In that case,this time around I might play a minor goddess of dance and revelry,similar to Ame-no-Uzume,Xochiquetzal,and Ihy.

With one or two additional aspects.

Hello! I have been thinking of revision's I would like to make, and I had an idea for Amph, is there anyone around that I could perhaps run it by? If they would like to hear it of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back