• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avolair Academy: School For The Supernatural [OPEN][New][Modern Fantasy][Sandbox][Collaborative][Literate][Revamped][Students, Guardians, Hunters]

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Is someone free to post as an npc? I have something to run by you to post quick if you can do it soon. I need someone that is gonna be able to write a good amount.

Poor Felicity can't detect the slight magic on the auditorium's chairs. She is a ghost after all. 😅

Hope you guys enjoy! I will say, read all of the post carefully! There will be hints scattered throughout. I've left a lot of the locations and details to Seraphiel Seraphiel but I will share with them the hints, and of course, I won't be meta-gaming!

Also: I will have Paramirum participate... but he will have some plot reason not to use any historical knowledge! So that means you cannot ask him any question about the challenges you'll face unless he's actually seen the relevant info within the current challenge, and even then will only investigate questions you ask of him, and even then will be very awkward around saying the answer. Why?

1. Paramirum is broken for this, as they are the type of character who would know all of the answers. They're a historian, and a rank 2! This makes him too OP, as you'll find out soon, without significant nerfs.
2. I wrote the challenges. It's not fair for me, even if I try to limit myself, not to be a little too helpful.

So yes, feel free to have him in your party, but don't expect to be told too much info, unless you can do some character development stuff and be the right person to maybe get him to be less awkward and take him to a place to find out the answers.

Also: I will have Paramirum participate... but he will have some plot reason not to use any historical knowledge! So that means you cannot ask him any question about the challenges you'll face unless he's actually seen the relevant info within the current challenge, and even then will only investigate questions you ask of him, and even then will be very awkward around saying the answer. Why?

1. Paramirum is broken for this, as they are the type of character who would know all of the answers. They're a historian, and a rank 2! This makes him too OP, as you'll find out soon, without significant nerfs.
2. I wrote the challenges. It's not fair for me, even if I try to limit myself, not to be a little too helpful.

So yes, feel free to have him in your party, but don't expect to be told too much info, unless you can do some character development stuff and be the right person to maybe get him to be less awkward and take him to a place to find out the answers.
He could always be on some kind of evaluating mission, trying to see how Aaron handles stuff, and completely stays out of parties, or joins one and just purposely ends up not being useful idk lol.

Clausewitz Halcyon Clausewitz Halcyon So, just a minor question... Where are all the teachers now? I’d assume they’d be either scattered throughout the challenges or some observation room set up.

Btw great post! I spent 40 minutes just reading and re-reading over it. Really great way for exposition! I wonder if Zain will be able to find his way around the academy...

Silus: Keep an eye on the cheaters.
Me: He is so mentioning the people who are like the ghosts, since they can go through walls.

Yup, they're making sure nobody dies! Also, a few notes so that this can be as fun as possible:

Please use the RP information and lore for locations. That's how you're gonna actually reach places that are interesting.
Move from one room to a hallway, and then wait for narrator response. Every room, including hallways or being outside or courtyards will be different!
When interacting with an object or puzzle, please make your response when answering one major action on the question! Narrators will respond.
I'll try to respond upon one person giving an answer, but I'd appreciate if everyone in the group answered or noted what they're doing. Also y'all should kind of come to some agreement lol, but that isn't a 'rule' per se, just a roleplaying courtesy :)
LMK if I'm overstepping my bounds as temporary narrator lol

With that said, who is gonna take my guy? I kind of want to avoid Aaron. Maybe one of the more newbie characters?

Last edited:
I haven't been getting notifications and idk why.
Im sorry. I got super busy these past few days, but I already started on my starter post.

I love Silus already.

Now who to shanghai. I'm thinking of asking Akiko and Elie. We could be Team Fluffy. One has fluffy wings, one has a fluffy tail and fluffy ears, Erich has a fluffy beard. It works! ... Only that would leave poor Felicity alone. Hmm.

Anyone else interested in an enthusiastic cripple?

Felicity would be following Team Fluffy, since she doesn't have a team to join.
I'll probably ask Forgotten Home Forgotten Home first, given no one's interacted with Artemis yet. Failing that, let's go, Team Fluffy with Ghostly moral support! We might even get a thing going where we have to decide who has to 'sacrifice' their shot at victory so the other three can claim the prize (only three winners if I read the challenge right).

EDIT: Also I wonder what Felicity will think of Erich's spiritual presence, when most professionals have this as their first response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back