• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts - The Thirteenth Mystery - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Pretty song! "Secret Of Happiness" by Daddy Long Legs. =)

Sounds like something that John Denver might have sang in his day. =)

Okies. Just realized a short while ago that with all of that dark villainous music (that I listen to while typing as evil NPCs), I miiight have good reason to add some... light to the dark, yang with the yin, shall we say? Time for some lighter vibes!

One of my PCs is dating one of my NPCs. This was a song I had in the post to set the scene and it worked well. It is a tender song and Veela performs it well. It remains a favorite of mine to this day.

"Sinatic ft Veela - Forever Blue [FREE DOWNLOAD]"

The rock legend Alice Cooper was once asked by an interviewer who he listened to when he wanted to chill out. "The Carpenters," he replied. The interviewer started laughing in disbelief. Cooper was not amused and doubled down. Don't mess with Alice Cooper. He listens to The Carpenters because that sister-and-brother duo could smooth out even Godzilla's scales if given the opportunity. Karen Carpenter's solo album is also a sin to miss. =)

"Carpenters - Close to You"

One of my characters in my Hosted projects is a sophisticated lady who is very comfortable in her own skin. On top of being a game-changer in any adventuring party, she is the kind of person who knows what she likes and goes after it. Hitomi is her name. Songs like this one have the right combination of pretty lyrics and fine melody to set her able feet to dancing. Oh, and if you think you are hearing Peter Cetera's voice from Chicago in the background here, good news! You are. =)

"Making Love In The Afternoon" by Karen Carpenter (produced by Phil Ramone of The Ramones!)

Music was one of the big reasons for Macross craze back in the 1980s and Robotech in America has voices like Mari Iijima to thank for 40+ years of success. This song, hard to find without movie spoilers, is beautifully done and it helped to draw me into the excellent Japanese film "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" Proof that music crosses cultural barriers and more. =)

"Macross: Do You Remember Love? - Ai Oboete Imasuka - Iijima Mari [Color Coded Lyrics/Kan/Rom/Eng]"

Talk about one happy jam session! Imagine having to play any one of the instruments that fly along in this tune! Happy times indeed! Plus... what a movie! =)

"The Pod Dance" for The Dark Crystal Motion Picture Soundtrack produced by Trevor Jones.

Rush is my all-time favorite band and this song of theirs is one of many dozens over their lengthy career. There really is no one like them; just a trio of music-loving nerds doing it their way. Anyone who plays music can see how much effort is put into this fantastic 11 minute jam. For those who might not know, only three musicians make all of this sound happen! As for this tune, Xanadu, this is one to close the doors, drop the headphones over your ears, and just lose yourself to. This is music to dream to and to create dreams from.

"Rush - Xanadu"

These songs, and many more, make me happy. =)

I haven't played Tunic, but boy is there some fantastic music in video games! This is a dreamer's song for sure! =)

"TUNIC (Original Soundtrack) - 24 Forget to Forget / Lifeformed × Janice Kwan"

Last edited:
Heya folks! Did I say I was going to keep my in-game posts down to a dull roar? Uh, may I keep that later down the road? Chan-Chan has "so much to 'say'" right now and I've finally found her voice! Skip everything in a spoiler if I am taking up too much time? Otherwise, enjoy like I enjoy reading your posts! =)

There is some of her native Quebecois accent in her voice, and as she notices it she suddenly begins to doubt if that was how she sounded 8 years ago.
Esbilon Esbilon Cool post! I want to make certain I understand this; the accent Jeanne-Marie is using right now (Quebecois) is not the same accent that Chan-Chan is used to hearing from her (American).

Is this correct?

1686622870096.png
someone who can edit please put ellis onto the floating guy. do they prefer walking? yeah. but nothing is more fun than defelcting all the light away from yourself so you just look like a dark blur, and then hovering omninously.

I don't have any editing skills - will this do? =)

Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN

Esbilon Esbilon Cool post! I want to make certain I understand this; the accent Jeanne-Marie is using right now (Quebecois) is not the same accent that Chan-Chan is used to hearing from her (American).

Is this correct?
That's the question I raised. I'm not actually sure about the answer... If you have a preference, feel free to go with that.

That's the question I raised. I'm not actually sure about the answer... If you have a preference, feel free to go with that.
I find myself in between.

As a Player, I like the idea of Jeanne-Marie having a different accent now than before - for one thing, it will give Chan-Chan yet another reason to believe all of this. Plus, I think that accent matches the artwork you chose for her quite well!

However, if it leads to difficulties down the road somehow (like everyone she knows in The Future That Is wondering what in the heck happened to Jeanne-Marie's American accent, not just her handler), then things might get.. even more complicated. =)

I am also going to hold off on posting until Psychie Psychie has had a chance to play Reyna again here. =) I would like Reyna's reaction to meeting back up with Jeanne-Marie if she wants to provide that. =)

I find myself in between.

As a Player, I like the idea of Jeanne-Marie having a different accent now than before - for one thing, it will give Chan-Chan yet another reason to believe all of this. Plus, I think that accent matches the artwork you chose for her quite well!

However, if it leads to difficulties down the road somehow (like everyone she knows in The Future That Is wondering what in the heck happened to Jeanne-Marie's American accent, not just her handler), then things might get.. even more complicated. =)
When Jeanne-Marie was a child and teenager in Quebec, she spoke American with a Quebecois accent (and her French is likewise a Quebecois dialect rather than what they speak in France either in 101 PA or 2023 CE). When she came to Chi-Town, she quickly learned that people in the imperial metropol consider people speaking with a provincial accent as inferior, so she worked to get rid of her accent. I'm not entirely sure what she did when she came to Tolkeen, so I let that be an open question at this stage.

She has recordings of herself speaking though - voice memos and the like, so as soon as she has time to check those, she'll align her accent with the one she used 8 years and an hour ago. Therefore, if you have a preference for 1) whether there should be a shift to remark upon now or 2) how she should sound long-term, feel free to run with it.

Huh! Thank you for offering a preference in the first place. =)

Here's a pair of question folks in here probably know better than I do (and one that will help me decide). Would a Quebecois accent be beneficial in Tolkeen or would American provide an advantage as it does in Chi-Town?

Do Tolkeenites view people who speak with a Quebecois accent as automatically being part of Free Quebec? I'm not sure what Free Quebec is doing or how the Coalition States view them during the year 101 P.A..

Esbilon Esbilon Then again, I'm probably overthinking this. Pips has not made any mention of Free Quebec or Tolkeenites being wary of people who speak Quebecois. I will lean toward the fun factor here and put my vote in for Jeanne-Marie speaking with a Quebicois accent! =)

"Who has a radio? We can use it to try and reach Priya and Ellis, assuming that they have their radios handy."
It's a cool idea, but would any of us have radios? I don't imagine Chan-Chan would.

I imagine having radios is relatively common in a city with this level of tech, but no phones.

That said, it sounds like Reyna is referring to military equipment we might have had from the Unkillables, but I'm still not sure about everyone else's relationship with them at this point in the timeline.

With Pip's permission, I would like that Chan-Chan has served as an information broker of sorts with the Unkillables. She has never served them a military fashion, but she has definitely outfitted them with quality information and facts they need to get jobs done.

Plus, while I'm certainly Unkillables have all manner of people to sell their adventuring finds to, I wouldn't be against a few of them being customers of the pawn shop she works at where she has possibly identified items that are hard to identify, and has never given them a raw deal.

I like this foundation because it makes her joining the Unkillables a matter of mutual benefit built upon trust and respect. =)

Priya was going to be Tolkeen’s liaison to the Unkillables, I never really figured out when this happen though

Priya was going to be Tolkeen’s liaison to the Unkillables, I never really figured out when this happen though
Eonivar Eonivar Maybe you want to work out the details now so when Pips gets back from Real Life, the details will all be ready to go?

Sorry for not being around. Some unexpected family drama on top of work drama. Going to try catching up tonight but may not be replying much until tomorrow.

I will try to be better about communicating when overwhelmed in the future. Apologies for going so long without saying anything.

Sorry for not being around. Some unexpected family drama on top of work drama. Going to try catching up tonight but may not be replying much until tomorrow.

I will try to be better about communicating when overwhelmed in the future. Apologies for going so long without saying anything.
Epiphany Epiphany Pips! Hey! Thank you so much for checking in! You'll love a lot of the stuff that you missed but this is our RP Nation so it's still all here for you to enjoy! 8D

Pips is back! Hurraaaay!

Happy The Muppets GIF by DisneyJunior

Freya says, "I have mine. Let's see if Priya and Ellis are listening." She taps the small earpiece to turn it on, saying, "This is Freya Tann to any of the Unkillables on this channel. Respond ASAP. Critical situation is at hand and we need immediate backup. Our location is at the main amphitheater, section five row ten."

She hoped that by using phrases that they had gotten used to over the years of combat would get the attention of the others and have them contact her in return.
Whoo... So much for discreetly getting together at the riverside restaurant and discussing this all quietly. Every Unkillable on the channel is going to be headed straight toward us probably thinking someone is trying to off the King or his family - and when they show up to this call, well... last I checked, Jeanne-Marie is the only current Unkillable among us.

Ooohhhh boy.

I was using our own squad channel, so only our bunch should be listening to it.

This is the key word. Given the security around here right now and the event taking place, I highly doubt that's the case.

If we're lucky, the channel isn't any good because it wasn't in use until after the group became Unkillables in the future. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back