• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts - The Thirteenth Mystery - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I am guessing we are using the OOC thread to post our die rolls?

EDIT: and can we use the advanced Martial Arts in Ninja's and Superspies?

Last edited:
I'm largely of the opinion that any Palladium book is fair game, as long as there's a plausible reason.

Does everyone playing have or have access to a Ninjas and Superspies book or pdf?

There are also a few martial arts in the Rifts Japan book that expand on the basic ones.

Attributes: I.Q. 3D6+4, M.E. 4D6+6, M.A. 3D6+4, P.S. 4D6+4 (considered Augmented Strength), P.P. 3D6, P.E. 3D6+6, P.B. 3D6+6, Spd 4D6+6.

Here are some rolls
3d6

4d6

Last edited:
FYI - I'm typically a lot less active online on the weekends (as most of my game time paradoxically takes place during working hours during the week). While exceptions happen (like today), folks can typically expect less GM action over the weekend.

Am I oblivious or is there no clearly defined attribute that adds a natural bonus to Perception rolls? I know a few OCCs and RCCs have native bonuses but, lacking an easily accessible way to boost Perception really stacks the deck in favor of people with Prowl.

What am I missing?

There is a rule listed in one issue of the Rifter that gives a bonus based on a high IQ. Use the bonus given by the ME stat to determine what the bonus is.

It uses the same bonus line as the Save vs Psi Attack, so a 19 IQ gets a +2 for example.

Hello all and sundry!

Epiphany Epiphany When you say "You can play any OCC/RCC from any book" does that include the pretty broken ones like Godling from Conversion book 2? On a related note: Where are rune weapons detailed?

Hello all and sundry!

Epiphany Epiphany When you say "You can play any OCC/RCC from any book" does that include the pretty broken ones like Godling from Conversion book 2? On a related note: Where are rune weapons detailed?
Good questions.

Palladium is arguably the least balanced rpg I've ever seen, in regards to maintaining parity across OCCs and RCCs. I know most campaigns aren't inclusive of higher end concepts and this campaign is aiming at bigger scale than most. So on the one hand, my short answer is: "Probably based on pitch."

My main concern is that no one feel completely overshadowed by another PC.
Additionally, the higher end the concept, the more psychological impact they've likely experienced. Bear in mind, the premise is that the PCs fought the good fight to the bitter end and it was indeed a bitter end. They lost. They lost hard. Even with the prospect of a do-over, people unused to failure are likely to be marked by that.

I would expect such pitches to engage with the premise in a meaningful manner.

As for Rune Weapons, take a look at this thread and see if it answers your questions.

While rereading the rules, I'm noticing how underwhelming Palladium's social interaction system is. Beyond half a dozen skills, which are often niche (barter, interrogation, etc.) and may run the risk of being a skill tax...yeah, the ill-defined MA and PB 16+ traits.

Anyone with experience running Rifts: how have you handled this in game? Just roleplay it out? House rule? Any recommendations?

While rereading the rules, I'm noticing how underwhelming Palladium's social interaction system is. Beyond half a dozen skills, which are often niche (barter, interrogation, etc.) and may run the risk of being a skill tax...yeah, the ill-defined MA and PB 16+ traits.
Oh it’s Palladium, it’s good for one thing and one thing only…bland combat. At least in a play by post we can make the combat more descriptive and interesting. But Kevin maintains it is “perfect”.

The system was created well before the concept of social combat/social rules were created. From my experience the first time I saw rules for social was Exalted 1st Edition.

Yeah if you make a social character unless you are a rogue scholar or one of the other heavy skill scholar and adventurer OCCs or a vagabond (which I was considering), being “social” will eat up all of your other skills.

I know in Ultimate they added some percentage bonuses for different social skills (grooming, seduction) based on high MA and PB attribute scores.

I have never seen any sort of social rules, house rules or otherwise for Palladium’s system.

I mean, I can probably houserule myself up an approximate system...
Maybe have 'rolling x = meeting the threshold for y' with MA, PB and/or certain skills adding bonuses to the roll.
Maybe make it a contested roll with ME offering defensive bonuses to the roll off if the argument's going directly against the beliefs of the target, meaning you can usually talk your way past a Coalition soldier with good threshold rolling and bonuses but if you look like a DB, they can roll against you.
Or just allowing ME to add bonuses to the threshold needed would probably work, save a dice roll...

But frankly, if folks aren't interested in particularly social characters or they'd rather RP their way through social encounters instead of throw dice at the problem, no need to invent a wheel no one's going to roll. ;)

I plan on playing a social charictar (trying to find out what options i have, exactly, but i prefer talkers) but iḿ here to rp moreso than to role. (:

VagueNearAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

Anyone with experience running Rifts: how have you handled this in game? Just roleplay it out? House rule? Any recommendations?
Epiphany Epiphany Heya Pips! Would it be all right if I take a crack at this? I might be able to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back