• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Trinity Night - Limbo (OOC)

Characters
Here
The occupation details for ESPer, as well as the first feat, have been added to the CS. Two feats left, coming hopefully tonight, and I think I'll leave it there in terms of playable occupations.

Remember you are free to use this thread or DMs if you need something or have any questions!

Esper Occupation is now complete, with all three feats.

Looking forward to your sheets, everyone! In the meantime, I'll be working on npcs and such.

Quick question, do you have a naming system for the supernatural attacks, or should I make something up and then run it by you? Got most of my sheet finished, so it’ll probably come out tomorrow!

If I understand correctly, you are merely asking whether there is a specific set of rules for naming your abilities.

The answer is no. A levitate spell might be called "Levitate" by some and "Heavenly Feet" by others. Thus, you may name your attacks however you wish, although rule of cool is always better.

And nice! I am looking forward to reading what i'll be working with!

How's Everyone doing? I added Kagami Tsukiyama to the CS thread (on the previously reserved post). He will be a new recruit alongside the rest of the cast. Of course, I will be controlling most NPCs out there, and there are several, but Kagami will be my GM player character of sorts. It's still WIP, but it's almost complete!

locked n loaded locked n loaded - Your sheet is great! Here is what should be addressed. As a Hunter, no matter what Feat you choose, you get this: "You possess exceptional visual prowess, something which was developed either naturally through training or artificially by borrowing power from somewhere else. By default, you can perceive the movements of those faster than you as long as the remain within your field of view and can also see naturally in the dark, since night is the time where most monstruosities come out to play. In addition, you may choose an additional sense and give it some passive perception effect, such as being able to smell lies or hear incoming danger." - Think of it like the enhanced senses in Demon Slayer, if you've watched/read it. Other than that, remove the 10 minutes duration from your spell. Those can be confusing in PbP unless we set stricter rules. Don't worry, I'll let it least a reasonable time, depending on the scene and rule of cool, so that it adheres to your original idea.

MageMantis MageMantis seaweed seaweed How are your character concepts going? If you need any hand, just let me know.

Do also let me know if a Discord channel would help manage interactions between us. We are not many.

How's Everyone doing? I added Kagami Tsukiyama to the CS thread (on the previously reserved post). He will be a new recruit alongside the rest of the cast. Of course, I will be controlling most NPCs out there, and there are several, but Kagami will be my GM player character of sorts. It's still WIP, but it's almost complete!

locked n loaded locked n loaded - Your sheet is great! Here is what should be addressed. As a Hunter, no matter what Feat you choose, you get this: "You possess exceptional visual prowess, something which was developed either naturally through training or artificially by borrowing power from somewhere else. By default, you can perceive the movements of those faster than you as long as the remain within your field of view and can also see naturally in the dark, since night is the time where most monstruosities come out to play. In addition, you may choose an additional sense and give it some passive perception effect, such as being able to smell lies or hear incoming danger." - Think of it like the enhanced senses in Demon Slayer, if you've watched/read it. Other than that, remove the 10 minutes duration from your spell. Those can be confusing in PbP unless we set stricter rules. Don't worry, I'll let it least a reasonable time, depending on the scene and rule of cool, so that it adheres to your original idea.

Do also let me know if a Discord channel would help manage interactions between us. We are not many.

Awesome, I'll go change those things. Wanted to limit the duration of the ability just in case, but I'll always take looser rules. Easier for me! :> I have Discord, so I'm good with a channel if we decide to use one.

Also, your character seems like a lot of fun. We love some disillusionment. 👀

MageMantis MageMantis seaweed seaweed How are your character concepts going? If you need any hand, just let me know.

Good, thank you for asking!

My CS should be done and posted by Friday.

I got my sheet done, I experimented a lot with the form so pls let me know if I’m missing anything important

locked n loaded locked n loaded Good to go. Approved. Naturally, I'll be the one who decides when Whisper triggers and when it does not, and what sort of hints you get. It's a nice hook for this sort of roleplay, so pretty neat idea!

Kagami is done, too. Our roster is looking quite good. Our own band of troubled teens, for sure.

MageMantis MageMantis Cool! I've already heard about your concept, so i am looking forward to it! If all goes well, we might be able to kick things off this weekend!

seaweed seaweed Oooh, that's one hell of an ESP you got there. Definitely allowed with five stars in Arts or above. Here are a few things I've noticed when reviewing your sheet.

1. 6★ Range is a Lot! Just for reference, at 4★, we start getting into sniper territory in terms of distance, and a room in terms of AoE. So 6★ in any attribute is equivalent to EX, SSS or similar equivalent. You may either drop it to a more reasonable rank or you can buff your ESP applications accordingly, removing their range restrictions, mostly.
2. You start off with up to 3 Skill proficiencies. You have selected 2. You may choose not to pick a third, but this will give you no sort of benefit. I advise you to pick a third skill.
3. As a Lab Rat Esper, you get access to a sort of means to manually switch between focused, calm and desperate approaches. Normally, this is either a scientific invention, like gadget or pills, though it can take other forms. What will Mitsu be using?
4. Radiation is a dangerous and versatile power. ESPers, unlike other occupations, are not allowed to be vague during the creation of their applications. Basically, while keeping their description short, each of them should be perfectly clear in term of what effect it produces. Right now, all I can see, in terms of game mechanics, is damage and range variations. Currently, you are the equivalent of an electromancer, using up all their application slots only into differently shaped electricity bolts!
Here is what i recommend: Use Calm for attacks or defenses you will be using often. A force field/emission pushback would not be a bad idea, considering your lack of defensive tools. Focused could be used for more complex things (a physical boost through radiation on oneself, or healing?! just an example), desperate seems good, but you could also go for something like a disabling electronics kind of attack, too. Just brainstorming, feel free to contact me for help, if needed.
5. Finally, Mitsu is a valuable asset, but also a troublesome one, especially if she is going to be deployed as part of a team. We dont want to see other characters suffering from radiation induced illnesses as colateral, so it's a character to play with care.

Resubmitted!

I was a little confused on what range rating to use because under normal circumstances, I would consider Mitsu to have three stars at best. However, the Desperate art is supposed to have a really huge area of effect. So should I base the rating on the maximum theoretical range (6), the usual range (3), or maybe average it to 4 or 5?

The arts were meant to be pretty simple in principle, but I changed some to have a more unique effect. I also gave a little more detail on the exact area each one should cover. I’m wondering though, how big should Insanity be allowed to be? I initially designed it to be more of a “threat” than something that is actually used, because of collateral damage.

Finally to address the last point, I am intending to avoid friendly fire, but I intentionally designed Mitsu to be a scary teammate. XD

seaweed seaweed It's much better now! Approved!

Range considers maximum range. That doesn't necessarily mean you should limit the maximum range to just one application. You can encounter a 3★ Hunter who uses a ranged weapon, such as a firearm, to supplement their melee fighting style, or Sorcerer with 3★ who always fights at their maximum available range, ignoring melee entirely. I felt that Mitsu was restraining herself too much in this regard, especially since 5★ and above is a pretty big deal, so that's why I suggested less restrictions.

Going back to the topic of 6★, lore wise, Insanity should have the potential to easily be "City Wipe" tier. You'll most likely encounter narrative obstacles to use it to this level, for obvious narrative reasons, keeping it at the "Threat" level you mention or using it at a lesser scale of your choosing, according to what the plot needs. However, at the right time, under the right circumstances...

If you've played Baldur's Gate 3, you are officially considered the Gale of the group, albeit much less charismatic and much more scary!

MageMantis MageMantis Approved, as well.

A couple of notes, however. In order to preserve fairness, both your integrated weapons (blades, railgun) and your assist tools (translator, zoom) will have their effectiveness determined by what's available to all recruits. The S.R.S.F. will provide everyone with generic anti-supernatural weaponry (works exactly like a common weapon, but has better quality and can hit what other weapons might not). When it comes to the non-combat gadgets, they reflect the skills you have purchased a proficiency in. Putting it another way, you function just like any other ESPer does, with no additional benefits. Your artifical/heavily experimented on body just manifests it in a different, cosmetic and lore-accurate way. Think of it as a purchaseable "character skin" in some videogame. Of course, the narration will take it into consideration to some extent, but not to the point it would bring imbalance.

Now that everyone is ready, I will begin the IC thread shortly. I already have some material already done, so I expect it to have done by tomorrow night at the latest!

Having just finished reading your post, nice writing! Starting off recruitment that way haha, I'm so down for it. My post should be coming out today or tomorrow!

Quick question since I had some ideas! Would the S.R.S.F. bring any of the recruits’ things with them? Or, at the very least, if my character had a bag, would she still have access to the Hunter materials and weapon, or anything else that’s not crucial to magic, like snacks/water that was inside? Thanks! <3

locked n loaded locked n loaded Ah, i forgot to clarify. You still have your belongings with you, in your case your special weapon and materials. Basically, you have what you have in the sheet and nothing else, for now.

MageMantis MageMantis There is no established order. Post whenever you like. In combat, however, you will be assigned an order based on initiative.

seaweed seaweed There is not really much you can do. That said, it's meant to be an opportunity to introduce your character to the readers.

If you do want me to skip your turn anyways, no problem, but do confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back