• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MirMonster13

"..And they loved with a love that was more..."
(Okay everyone, forgive me if I'm not as good at starting these as I once was. I was used to jump in RP's back in my day but I want to try and be as thorough as I possibly can now. So if anyone has any questions or anything feel free to ask. I'll have the skeleton or CS on here for anyone to copy as well as rules. )

We all know how it works. As children/ kids, we're told bedtime stories of fairytales, mythological beings, creatures of the night , demons or angels, androids, shifters, benders and much more. As adults we tend to forget, we tend to think it is just that, stories and tales and nothing more. Stuff that only happens in books and movies or our imagination.
We never notice the Rifts in our world. We never notice the yellow ripples in the air around us and unfortunately, some of them are starting to tear at the seams. A few have opened around to where someone, or something, could simply go through. They're only wide enough for one person to slip through at a time and small enough that if you pass by it you could possibly see it out of your peripheral, that is, if you're not looking. People who look, never find it, and people who find it, never are the ones to be looking. Most people want to stay ignorant, so as the saying goes, 'ignorance is bliss'. But is being ignorant about this really blissful?
It has already begun, a small portion of each side is beginning to discover these thresholds and there are many different opinions on what to do about this. Although, humans still tend to lean towards the ignorant side on 'seeing is believing', the beings of the Otherworld already know of human existence and know that a glamour was built between the worlds many, many, years ago to separate human and non-human. There are humans and Otherworld beings in the world who can see beyond the glamour, that's called having Sight, and they don't need to walk through the Rift to see what is behind it. Some of these people even have places, or 'hangouts', and these places are called Equal Grounds and reside in countless areas. Of course, these Equal Grounds can only be seen by the ones who have the Sight.
Now that the glamour wall seems to be coming apart, something that had been buried in the past has arisen/ awoken in certain lives and they have to come together in order to restore balance in the rightful places. Will they have the courage, knowledge, and will to do what needs to be done to bring everything and everyone at peace, or will it fall apart again, putting them back millenniums once more?

Questions you May Have:
Where is this located? The location of this RP is regular Earth. Regular time. There are no flying cars, no time-travelling devices or teleportation device.
What are Rifts? The Rifts are a tear between the Human world and the Other world, sort of like a portal between the two worlds.
Where are the Rifts located? The Rifts are located in various places ranging from abandoned areas to amusement parks. Rifts can be found in bars/ clubs or the 'strip' (street/ area) to where bars/ clubs are usually located or they can be found in Forests, or near swamps or rivers. The Thing about Rifts though, is that there will never be more than 1 in a single location. Example: 1 Rift is equal to the size of an adult person and there can only be one rift within the span of the specific area like a 'strip'. The Rift found in a 'strip' would most likely be in an alley.
What does it mean to be Awakened? If your character has been Awakened, that means that they are the ones to have the knowledge and power to choose what to do about the Rift(s) and the Glamour Wall that is falling apart. They could either have been Awakened for a while or could barely become Awakened.
What is the politics for both Human and Otherworld Realms? For Human, it's just as ours is, the same Kings/ Queens, President's Mayors, ect..
As for the Otherworld

Below is a way for your Fellow RPers to know where you are at the beginning of the RP:

Present Day (Human Realm) :

Present Day (Otherworld Realm) :

Present Day (Equal Grounds) :

Rules:
This is very simple everyone (if anyone intends to join haha, just kidding, that was a joke, I am breaking the ice here, I hope everyone finds this interesting and wants to join)
1. NO (and I mean no, that goes for myself) God Modding. You have to die by something, no one can be indestructable.
2. Please try to write at least 1 paragraph (that's usually 6-7 sentences if anyone was unsure.)
3. NPC are more than welcome
4. Please, if you are busy in RL let your fellow RPers know by the OOC thread, or parenthesis in our RP thread or you can PM me and I will let everyone know.
5. Just have fun everyone :)

CS/ Skeleton:
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Race (human, vampire, vampire, sanguinarian dhampir, werewolf, lycan, shifter, benders, android, mutants, mythological beings, demons, ghost, zombie, ect):
Description (your choice of picture or you can describe your character if you'd like):
Abilities (if any; this does include having the Sight or being Awakened):
Weapons (if any):
Personality (I understand if you would rather just play out your character in the RP for us to discover the personality of your character you can just put n/a ):
Bio/ Info/ hobbies (I understand if you would rather just play out your character in the RP for us to discover the bio/info/ hobbies of your character you can just put n/a; this does include having the Sight or being Awakened):
Other (just in case I missed anything):

(Please PM me if you would like to join. I will start a separate thread when it seems like everyone is ready, and yes, people can join at anytime no matter how far we get. There is a CS and OOC thread and the links have been put in the comments below. :) Also, I would like to let everyone know that I love playing multiple characters and if that is an issue with you please let me know. Thank you all in advance)

Last edited:
CS/ Skeleton:
Name: Riah K. Torriz
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Race (human, vamp, shifter, android, etc..): Human/ psychic vampire (but has been Awakened)
Description (your choice of picture or you can describe your character if you'd like):riah.jpg
Abilities (if any): Still coming into them but right now has super strength and swift healing, also has heightened senses (hearing, seeing, smelling, feeling, tasting)
Weapons (if any): Mostly uses her fists, is good in mixed martial arts, Kung-Fu, taekwondo, muay thai, ect. but is also well learned in her samurai sword, spear and shuriken/ throwing knives. She will hardly ever use a gun
Personality (I understand if you would rather just play out your character in the RP for us to discover the personality of your character you can just put n/a): Depends on the person she's interacting with really
Bio/ Info/ hobbies (I understand if you would rather just play out your character in the RP for us to discover the bio/info/ hobbies of your character you can just put n/a): She has been Awakened for a few years now, around when she was about 11-12 years old she had thought she was a regular human. She had killed her mother during childbirth, who was also a psychic vampire, due to her stealing all her energy when she was just a baby. She lost her brother, her role-model and her older sister was too popular to focus on anything that didn't involve herself, and her father was too lost, if not in work, then in being a drunk that she had no one else to turn to. The friends she had trusted were occultist who, had said she had a charm on her soul, had forced it awake and she has known about the Otherworld ever since and has been trying to run from her prophecy.
Other (just in case I missed anything): unsure atm lol..

(I will most likely add another character I just wanted everyone to have a feel of what to do)

(Well as said in the very beginning if you have questions PM me. I'm used to jump in RP's I guess I wasn't as clear earlier when I said that if you had questions to ask and that I'm waiting for people's CS in order to even start anything. Again, as stated above people can either post their CS here or send through PM, that's their choice as far as OOC goes I mean, we're doing it in here are we not? I'll post in the actual RP Forum when everyone is ready to start or if you'd feel better that I post in the RP forum already for a starter then I can do that. I do apologize if I didn't explain the plot in more detail)

Plot, I guess I didn't put much details/ specifics since I thought I had been as clear as I could have been. You're either human or non-human, you're either from this world or the Otherworld, and each race/ being has their own Awakened. An Awakened is the people/ person who have had something inside them awaken that has been passed down from the First Ones and they're the ones who will decide what to do about the wall that is coming down between the worlds. - any questions or interest in joining please PM me. Thank You :)

Hm, well at this point it doesn't look like there's much direction or structure to this. I'll keep an eye on the thread and might join if that changes, or if the other players/characters seem really interesting.

(Lol I'm not sure what you want, it's simple, the direction of the story is simple as is the structure. People either want the glamour wall to stay up to keep the worlds separate or people want it torn down or others could care less. I mean if I wanted this RP to go a certain way I would write a story instead of trying to see what other people's imaginations could come up with. Sorry if this doesn't seem to be perfect in all mannerisms for you, I did say that I'm not good at starting these as I used to be. )

Well the way most RPs on here work is people put up an interest check to gauge interest (noduh ;P ), and then if enough people seem into the idea they make character and OOC threads for people to submit to and plot in before a main thread goes up. Making a character thread is especially useful to have as a reference in group RPs, for people to know who's who and not get confused. Also, typically RPs that don't have a planned plotline but more of a setting and open option would be tagged as 'sandbox', so people know that's the kind it is. And generally when it comes to fantasy RPs, I tend to be wary of the sandbox genre, as the lack of direction often results in a lack of player investment in the storyline and the RPs then die off (though fandom RPs are usually an exception to this as player investment is nearly always guaranteed regardless of whether a storyline is being followed by the GM or not).

(Where exactly would the CS and OOC thread go and ok I wasn't too sure what that meant when I was doing the tags and it only allowed up to 20 and I had so much to tag because its a lot. As for direction I wasn't really trying to be misleading but rather straightforward. You're either human or not or who knows, half and half like my character. I had a RP like this on a site almost 10 years back and it took off really well, I never had to go into too much detail really. But again I do appreciate the feedback so I guess I'm still on stage 1 then of the whole trying to gauge interest. I posted something else in the RP discussion forum but now I'm not sure I should have.)

Having a sandbox or walk-in RP isn't something bad or undesirable (though admittedly most RPs these days are no longer like that and I'm not sure how popular they are)- it's just a matter of organizing things according to what it is you want. If you want a sandbox RP (one without a set plot/direction in mind), and you ran out of available tags, I suggest stating it in your RP interest check. Same if it's a walk-in. This section of the forums is really only used for gauging player interest in RPs (hence the name). Once you have enough interest, things like OOC, CS and lore threads go up in the Extra Pages section, while the actual RP goes into the Roleplays section.
I think it's always a good idea to post in the discussion forums if you want some help fleshing or figuring things out. Personally, I feel like there should be some more structure/explanation on races and the meaning of 'Awakened' and maybe some history, 'cause it seems a little scattered, but that doesn't mean other players will be bothered or confused by it.

(Thank you Ayama Ayama , If anyone else has been reading this, this thread/ group RP interest check is under construction.)

Definitely interested in this concept! ^^

Gonna have to make the CS after work though.
Is there a character limit? Probably won't make more than 2 charries anyway, but still wanted to ask.

Definitely interested in this concept! ^^

Gonna have to make the CS after work though.
Is there a character limit? Probably won't make more than 2 charries anyway, but still wanted to ask.
There's no character limit :)

sounds like fun? err shoudln't there be a CS page though?
There usually is but I had messed up in the beginning since it had been a while since I've been on an RP site and there's a lot of new regulations that I hadn't been aware of lol. I will probably just copy all of the CS that are put on here and put them on an actual CS page :)

^^^^CS page peoples lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back