• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

avira

mischief managed

HogwartsCastle_WB_F4_HogwartsThroughTheTrees_Illust_100615_Land.jpg

Hogwarts

School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
So teach us things worth knowing,

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5d/72/fc/5d72fc0919d5beae8b11451b9ce22960.jpg);background-size:cover;width:75%;padding:35px;margin:auto[/URL]]

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear future student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 May. We await your owl by no later than 27 April.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Bring back what we've forgot,

Setting

The year is 1989, eight years after the end of The First Wizarding War and two years before Harry even learns he's a wizard. Though a scarcely acknowledged fear of you-know-who still lingers in the air, the wizarding world is operating mostly as normal. Perhaps you are a new first-year student, entering Hogwarts with the likes of Fred and George Weasley, Cedric Diggory, and Angelina Johnson. Are you a professor, eager to collaborate with peers like Pomona Sprout and Cuthbert Binns to share your knowledge with the next generation of magic users? Or maybe you're preparing to graduate next year alongside Nymphadora Tonks and Charlie Weasley. Whoever you are, you've found your way to Hogwarts and will be calling it home for the next academic year. Now please, make your way to platform nine and three quarters.

Plot

This is a Harry Potter universe role play without the Harry Potter. The events of Harry's life, as depicted in the books, have not all occurred quite yet. Don't worry if you don't have an in-depth knowledge of Potter lore, this RP is intended to be friendly to all players, regardless of lore knowledge. It will be focused mainly on life at Hogwarts as students come of age and attend classes while simultaneously trying to keep out of trouble. There will be certain plot points (feasts, trips to Hogsmeade, Quidditch matches, etc.) to push character development and interaction but otherwise, the plot is up to you. Both canon characters and OCs are most welcome, including students and staff. Players are also allowed to play minor characters part time. Drama between characters (romance, rivalries, etc.) is highly encouraged.
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,

Guidelines & Rules

1. All first years will be sorted upon arrival at Hogwarts, as per the Sorting Ceremony. (This means that canon characters will be sorted into their respective houses, but OCs are at the mercy of the Sorting Hat.) Later year OCs have the option for their player to choose their house or to let the GM conduct a similar sorting ceremony for them.

2. If you've joined our RP after we've done sorting for the year, you may join as an older year (2-7) or part of the staff. All canon teachers are in place, but I will allow OC assistant professors in each subject who teach under the supervision of the canon teacher.

3. You are allowed 4 characters in total. They may be whatever year of student you like (including prefects!) or staff, as long as they follow the above rules. I also welcome playing 'part-time' characters such as canon students and staff that will help flesh out the universe and encourage interaction (but not require so much effort as a main character). Perhaps my biggest limitation in creating characters (other than keeping it realistic to the universe) is to respect the canon characters that are already in place and the roles they fill. For example, it's safe to assume that Charlie Weasley was Captain of Gryffindor's quidditch team at the point of this RP. That means that in this RP, we will respect that. Other unfulfilled roles on the quidditch team are welcome to be filled by your characters, and if you're keen on being captain we can work out something like a co-captain.

4. This will be a detailed and (I'm hoping) long-term RP. While quality is more important than quantity, in the interest of substance I am expecting at least a full paragraph (4 sentences or more) per post, at least once a week. I'm happy to work with players when things come up, so please let us know if you'll be inactive for a while! Also, I'll try to give everyone at least a few days of notice before we switch settings or start a new plot point, but please let me know if you're struggling to find something to write about and we can work together to figure out a solution.

5. Let's all be polite to each other and have a good time! Feel free to chat OOC about developing character relationships.

6. I'm sure you know the usual rules by now, but just in case: no GMing, Mary Sues, or controlling/harming other people's characters without consent. etc.

7. Please wait to post until your character has been accepted. No positions or roles may be reserved and all characters are subject to GM approval.

8. More of a suggestion than a rule, but there is an OOC discord for this RP. Being in the discord is not mandatory, all important announcements will always be made in the OOC (Great Hall linked below) or IC thread.

And learn until our brains all rot.

tumblr_m2v0ld1i5m1qg1krko6_250.gif

Hm. I don't believe I've seen you here before. First year, then?

[He looks you up and down before giving you a knowing smile to ease your apparent nervousness.]

It's alright, I get it. I've been there. My little brothers are first years too actually - George and Fred Weasley. Little troublemakers, they are. Maybe you'll meet them on the train. But on second thought, it's probably better that you don't.

[He laughs.]

Here, let me help you with your bags. Don't worry, they'll be sent up to your room when we get there. Now listen, when you get off, you'll be looking for Hagrid. He's a big guy, you won't be able to miss him. He'll take you on the boats to the Great Hall where you'll get sorted.

What? Yeah, sorted. You know, into one of the four houses...? You don't know? Blimey, well, there's Hufflepuff, Gryffindor - that's the one I'm in, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. You'll probably want to stay away from that last lot. Huh? Oh, no, you don't get to pick. The Hat will, at the ceremony.

[The train's whistle blows sharply, a final warning to all intending to board it for the journey to Hogwarts.]

There's probably still room in one of the compartments of this car here. In you go, that's it, they won't be bite. Chin up, you'll be fine. Just remember to stay as far away from Peeves as you can. Don't know who he is? Nevermind, you'll figure it out for yourself. Good luck, and welcome to Hogwarts

Golden_Platform_Ticket.png

Last edited:
A reboot of an RP I did back in the day. Once I get some interest, I'll create character sheets and other pages. :)

So is the goal for everyone to be first years or..? I’m a bit confused by that point. Also how will the sorting work?

Interested. But what are the post requirements

click on the blue tab and you'll find the guidelines and rules :)

So is the goal for everyone to be first years or..? I’m a bit confused by that point. Also how will the sorting work?

not necessarily! people are welcome to play whatever year they like, I think it wouldn't be fun if there were no older characters.

as for the sorting ceremony, the telepathic dialogue will be done in PMs between the hat (me) and the character (you). I think it's kinda fun because it gives characters something to talk about afterwards and is a little more personal without spamming the board with million hat interactions. there's more excitement, I think, with the hat deciding. but also from a gm perspective, it ensures houses aren't wildly imbalanced.

hope that makes sense!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back