• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Quick question, what kind of image will you be requesting for our characters (real people, art, etc)?

good question! real to realistic-ish. I'd prefer real photos of real people, but if nothing works, I'm happy with a realistic illustration.

yeah google searching for 11 year old kids is not just asking to get on a list somewhere

out of curiosity, do you have any big plot planned? or is this more of a case where we, the players, are going to form the plot together?

out of curiosity, do you have any big plot planned? or is this more of a case where we, the players, are going to form the plot together?

very good question!

I have a calendar (essentially what you can find online) of the different events that happen at Hogwarts, plus things like quidditch matches and hogsmeade trips planned. (this calendar will be posted for everyone's reference when I eventually get around to making the lore page.)

other than that, I'm very open to suggestions! I want each year to have some kind of big mystery or event (a la the books) that maybe helps to define it, but I'm not quite sure what that is yet. if anyone ends up playing a teacher or any kind of staff, we can work on featuring them a bit (a specific subject contest or whatever). but outside of that, I have nothing written in stone and am absolutely happy to take suggestions or see where the story takes us!

ooh, okay, prefects are definitely exciting! ^^

also, I forgot to include this in my first post---so I'm terribly sorry if you're busy---but I do have some questions regarding the roleplay, as well as ooc. I'm in absolutely no rush, though :)

• I've started brainstorming a character, but I'm still a bit confused in regards to the sorting hat system? from previous commenters and the IC, I've been able to gather that you can play both 1st years, along with 2nd-7th years. 1st years are obviously sorted by you, as the GM (which I love, actually!), and that should keep some of the house-imbalance that is oh-so-often found in HP roleplays in check. however, the stance on the 2nd and 7th years is a bit foggy for me. will they also be sorted by you? personally, I'm a big fan of that, but I can definitely see how some people may want to be able to choose their house. or would there be an option to choose which method you'd like to use?
  • hooray for prefects! I assume that this also means that head girl and head boy will be allowed?
  • on a similar note, will "high rank" positions (hg/hb, prefects, magical creatures, quidditch captains, etc.) be a first-come-first-serve thing? that, or maybe an application/writing sample, or just the best fit character?
  • speaking of quidditch, what will that be like (as in, teams? auditions? etc.)? in 'plot,' quidditch matches are mentioned, but every roleplay I've been in has worked that out differently haha!
  • finally, will there be a discord or some other form of ooc channel/discussion?

oof, that's a lot! I'm sorry for all of the questions, just trying to work some stuff out lol. thanks in advance, and I'm super excited for this <3

ooh, okay, prefects are definitely exciting! ^^

also, I forgot to include this in my first post---so I'm terribly sorry if you're busy---but I do have some questions regarding the roleplay, as well as ooc. I'm in absolutely no rush, though :)

• I've started brainstorming a character, but I'm still a bit confused in regards to the sorting hat system? from previous commenters and the IC, I've been able to gather that you can play both 1st years, along with 2nd-7th years. 1st years are obviously sorted by you, as the GM (which I love, actually!), and that should keep some of the house-imbalance that is oh-so-often found in HP roleplays in check. however, the stance on the 2nd and 7th years is a bit foggy for me. will they also be sorted by you? personally, I'm a big fan of that, but I can definitely see how some people may want to be able to choose their house. or would there be an option to choose which method you'd like to use?
  • hooray for prefects! I assume that this also means that head girl and head boy will be allowed?
  • on a similar note, will "high rank" positions (hg/hb, prefects, magical creatures, quidditch captains, etc.) be a first-come-first-serve thing? that, or maybe an application/writing sample, or just the best fit character?
  • speaking of quidditch, what will that be like (as in, teams? auditions? etc.)? in 'plot,' quidditch matches are mentioned, but every roleplay I've been in has worked that out differently haha!
  • finally, will there be a discord or some other form of ooc channel/discussion?

oof, that's a lot! I'm sorry for all of the questions, just trying to work some stuff out lol. thanks in advance, and I'm super excited for this <3

not at all, love the questions!

characters in years 2 - 7 can be in whatever house their player decides, but I'm also very happy to sort them during the character creation process as well! so basically, up to you.

head boy/girl characters are definitely allowed. all characters will be subject to gm approval, so no particular role can be reserved. if, by some chance, we have two characters trying to be head girl of Ravenclaw, for example, we can work together to figure out a way where it works for everyone, like one character moves to a different house or whatever. my point is - nothing is reserved but don't let that limit you, I always endeavor to make my players happy with their characters!

on the note of character creation - I must say (and thanks for this feedback, i'm going to add it to the rules!), that whatever any player chooses for their character to be, we must respect what is already canon. for example, at this point in time, it's safe to assume that charlie weasley is seeker and captain of gryffindor's quidditch team (I'll post a list of positions/teams when I make a lore page for everyone's reference and update it as characters are accepted). for the purposes of this rp, that will remain true. if you're keen on having a character who is in Gryffindor and really into quidditch though, we can talk about a co-captain situation or something like that!

as for quidditch matches specifically, I imagine we'll have to talk about it as a group once we see how many quidditch players we actually have. I imagine it'll generally be only a few posts of the actual match and mostly the pre and post festivities that characters interact it.

i'm happy to make a discord, if people intend to use it! I've made them previously and in my experience just die very quickly. but there's no reason otherwise that I wouldn't! i will be making an ooc thread soon, as well.

hope that answered everything, let me know if it didn't!

Personally im a fan of using discord for ooc but its up to you (and the group) of course!

Also, as a warning, i may pm you with a few ideas for plot once the lore and cs page opens up ;) i am,,, how u say,,, a big fan of comin up with plots lol

oh, what a great response! thank you so much for sitting down and answering all of them haha

and that all sounds really good to me! like what the other two people above me commented on, I'm most familiar with discord for ooc, but I'd definitely be willing to try out a ooc forum as well. thanks again! <3

Personally im a fan of using discord for ooc but its up to you (and the group) of course!

Also, as a warning, i may pm you with a few ideas for plot once the lore and cs page opens up ;) i am,,, how u say,,, a big fan of comin up with plots lol
please do, i'd love the feedback/help, lol!

Aaah I'm so excited for this! Will definitely be applying for a Hufflepuff prefect~

If this is two years before the arrival of Harry Potter, that would mean the RP is set in 1989, correct? I'm just trying to get a feel for which canon characters would already be at Hogwarts/which year they're in.

Aaah I'm so excited for this! Will definitely be applying for a Hufflepuff prefect~

If this is two years before the arrival of Harry Potter, that would mean the RP is set in 1989, correct? I'm just trying to get a feel for which canon characters would already be at Hogwarts/which year they're in.

Correct! there's a little about the setting in the yellow tab.

Hey! I’m very interested. Two questions. One, is there a discord? If so, and it’s vital to be in the discord to be in the rp, I’m going to have to pass. If not, then my second question is the obvious ‘has this started yet?’

Hey! I’m very interested. Two questions. One, is there a discord? If so, and it’s vital to be in the discord to be in the rp, I’m going to have to pass. If not, then my second question is the obvious ‘has this started yet?’

good questions! there will most likely be a discord but it certainly won't be vital to the RP, I'll post everything necessary either in the RP thread or in the OOC thread (with tags, of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back