• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FoldedPages

ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
The past always has a way of returning. Those who don't learn, or can't remember it, are doomed to repeat it.”

Three thousand years ago, flames of war illuminated the continent of Ilune as the five dominant races fought to eliminate one another. Humans, Demons, Faes, Elves, and Spirits knew nothing but war and famine. Crops dwindled, water sources became scarce, and blood flooded the lands. Despite their wavering differences, the five lords came together to finally end the suffering of their people. The Original Five casted one final spell, and the vast continent of Ilune split into five countries, separated by a magical force no spell could disintegrate. After a thousand years, as the original's five sources became scarce through the land, the barriers began to dissolve. Enough time had passed since the Long War ended, the species forgetting the animosity they once harvested for each other.

Those who did not forget the sacrifice the Original Five made constructed Rookhaven Academy, a cobblestone dwelling that touched the five countries' edges. There the teachings of Old and New began, and history began to become lost to the ages. And, within the last two thousand years since the barries vanished, the species started to mingle, creating crossbreeds. Though widely accepted throughout the land, there are still purebloods who detest hybrids, holding onto their ancestor's old ideals.

At present-day Rookhaven Academy, hybrids are being targeted, disappearing out of sight. The peace and tranquility the five species had are beginning to dwindle, and hostility is rising, the threat of war just over the horizon. Unbeknownst to the students of the prestigious academy, The Original Five lords have been reincarnated. With the help of these modern-day students, will they be able to once again bring peace to the lands? Or is history to repeat itself once more?

PLEASE NOTE - Although I say 'modern,' this roleplay has a medieval aesthetic to it.

Species & Basic Info
Demons
All Demons are born with innate magical abilities, focusing on Destructive spells and magic.

○ Humans
When the Long War began, humans had no innate magical abilities. Desperate, a human nobility requested the aid of an ancient God to ensure their survival. Though muddled and lost to history, legend says one of the seven Gods split their source and bestowed it to the nobility's son and ten other children. Now, their descendant's blood runs deep with magical powers.

○ Faes
All Fae are born with magical abilities, focusing on Enchantment and Illusionary magic.

○ Elves
All Elves are born with magical abilities, focusing on Elemental magic.

○ Spirits
All Spirits are born with magical abilities, focusing on Summoning and Shapeshifting magic.

PLEASE NOTE - All types of magic are taught at Rookhaven, meaning that each species can learn other species' spells. This just means Elves pick up Elemental magic easier than Faes and Spirits and so on.

Available Slots

Demon lord reincarnate - RESERVED
Demon - Arlen Ikari-Harrows FireMaiden FireMaiden
Demon - OPEN

Human lord reincarnate - TAKEN
Human - Leo Harodingian Larry Larry
Human - OPEN

Fae lord reincarnate - OPEN
Fae - OPEN
Fae - OPEN

Elf lord reincarnate - OPEN
Elf - Ronan FireMaiden FireMaiden
Elf - RESERVED

Spirit lord reincarnate - RESERVED
Spirit - OPEN
Spirit - OPEN

PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS NOT FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. I envision this roleplay to be literate to advance literate, and would like to approve your CS and writing before. In order for this to work, we need a mixture of pure bloods and hybrids. I'll allow each person to have up to TWO MAIN character slots for now. Some pure bloods will need to be against hybrids and some will need to believe in equality. If you choose a reincarnate role, you do not necessarily need to believe in the unification of the species like your character once did. This could add an interesting dynamic. The reincarnate will NOT know about their past immediately, but will begin to remember bits and pieces and unlock their potential throughout the roleplay. You may choose when and how this happens, but please keep it reasonable. It will be slow, and over time.

I'll be taking the roles of some NPC's that have sparked the turmoil in recent times. If you'd like to create a small NPC or a "big bad" along with your main roles, please let me know! We can conspire together as to what chaos they can bring to Rookhaven and beyond it's borders.

There will be battles, and you may even battle with each other if you instigate it, but there will be no deaths unless approved by the owner of said character.

Along with magic, your character may have a weapon of your choosing.

I prefer anime/drawn FC. Also, I know I sound super formal in this, but I promise I'm super fun!

PLEASE HAVE A DISCORD, AS I WOULD LIKE OOC TO BE OVER THAT.

Last edited:
Oooh, I must say this looks quite interesting. I'd be very much interested in applying for this! :D

So, what kind of hybrids can there be? Cause I have an idea for a pure blood an a hybrid
There can be any combination of hybrids between the five species. :) I just haven’t included specific hybrid slots, but choose between one of the species to reserve a slot space for them!

This looks interesting! Could I apply as a pure-blood elf? Also I'm confused about the physiological variations between a fae and an elf. I know elves can be distinguished by pointy ears and the whole deal, but what makes a fae noticeably different from a human?

Fae are a celtic creature typically referred to as a Fairy. Fae typically have pale skin with veins of mana visible under the light. Other variations have wings and some look exactly like humans

Thanks! I was a little confused because in fantasy literature you often see the term "fae" being used as a catch-all for any magical creature.

Fae are tricksters. There are several subspecies such as the leprechaun. They enjoy riddles and in general value fun over all else even if someone dies as a result. The GM however may have a different idea in mind for them but generally speaking thats the run down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back