• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spelljammers - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
These are basically the rings.

Actually, Ellen pulled Cassidy aside and had the rings learn English. But as you can see, they can be retrained. There ARE extra rings. So she could give Chum an extra and have it trained in Russian.

They can also be used like this.

Can’t wait to get started on my post. Ellen isn’t really that mad at Chum. But she’ll explain later.

Probably didn't do the scene justice. But the crew are potential superstars. Hope you guys look forward to being on Good Morning America.

Feel free to interact with the astronauts, have characters order food, etc. Eventually the government is going to want answers. They will want some answers before he other fleets arrive. The rest will come after the ISS is destroyed...

Probably won’t come up for a hot minute, but is D&D a thing on this earth, does the spelljammer module exist, and most importantly, does RPN and this thread also exist? Like, I dunno if I wanna go full meta, but at this point it seems inevitable.

I would say all but this thread. Assume that humans know about goblins, elves etc ... as fiction. Magic isn't real - to them. Gravwood? "impossible"

Right. So Chum shouldn’t get access to google if she doesn’t want an existential crisis, but predestination will not be included in said crisis.

lol ... well, there are some rpg's that suggest the age of magic and age of reason separated long ago. Yeah ... maybe you are right about that existential stuff. Hurts one's head.

Oh ... one thing ... magic seems to work normally on Sybil's ship. But as soon as you leave the laws of physics change. Mana is low, etc. The spelljammer fleets are going to HAVE to try to land. If they do not, they will lose all their air / water.

So the gravwood is at least partially affected by earth’s gravity? Like a leaking balloon that slowly sinks down to earth?

Sorry, I'm back. I just wasn't sure what to post and I got distracted with some games and drawings. I figure something out.

From here I plan to slow things down to a tactical level ... Not sure if the crew wants to face Illithids and Beholders or not.

I am definitely down to fight some beholders and illithids. But “some” here probably means “not an entire armada” or at least “we fight the elite leader squad while the earth army fights their armies”

Well, odds are you'll have at least a platoon of Marines assigned to you. When they start the fight it will go something like this:

"This is Bravo Tango Golf. Spot Tangos 1 and 2."

"This is Papa Bear. Confirm Bravo. Tiger 1. Weapons Hot. Light them up."

(Incoming AH-10 burps on the Beholders from half a mile away with a salvo...)

You see, now I don’t know if Chum ought to wonder what horrible wizard made all this world’s pigs spit fire, and what other horrible wizards gave them wings and supersonic speed... Or if Chum should assert that the marine is suicidal because he called a dragon fat and ugly.

Forgot to answer this. Not sure what fight you mean. But the fights have already started all over the planet. First, the ISS got attacked about 7-8 hours after you guys were there - ie the next morning. Within a few more hours the fleets will be making planetfall wherever they can.

This doesn't mean you guys will have to be there for the initial waves. I am trying to keep the group tactical - not in some huge epic fight. Easier to roleplay.

Im only asking because I want 1 night for small exploration and for Olrion to help Chum with the scrying

That sounds like a good idea actually.

This is the Deathspire that Chum was talking about. The ones in the fleet now are newer models with the capability to land, and some other surprises. If the pirate captain that took Kelpie is among those ships, that is likely to be the sort he would be on - assuming we want to make him a major villain.

Well, I leave the decision on fighting space pirates up to you two, but I think we have bigger fish to fry in the immediate. Still, fighting Black fang would be one hell of an adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back