• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spelljammers - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
To be honest I never considered it until you reminded me of it. But it would be a way to discover the dominant species on Earth.

LOL .. and by the time you guys get there, the SpaceX Commercial Crew will have been on the ISS for a week. They dock tomorrow. Total of five astronauts to meet you. How's that gonna be for making history? Hmm, you suppose maybe they will abandon ship instead?

A cursory google says that the ISS has enough Soyuz modules to use as lifeboats in an emergency. So if nobody wants to stay behind to witness and document the “aliens”, they can definitely bail.

I am just wondering if we would. First Contact ... and we bail? Maybe minimize the losses, but completely bail. Maybe a voluntary decision? If you were an astronaut, would you bail? Space exploration is not without risks.

I get the feeling that becoming an astronaut and going through all that training would kind of toughen you up. The feat of going to space at all takes such guts and fortitude that by the time an alien shows up, you’re probably just going “Aw man I been dreaming about this day.” And then the green humanoid figure entering the ship is just a goblin who REALLY hopes you have some booze on board.

lol ... well, Ellen has a better way on board than a grappling hook. The Wayfarer can create a portal. You see, she has a plan already - depending on what kind of people are aboard the ship. The tough part is deciding who to send. I am thinking Karoshi will be one. LOL.

Just FYI, Sybil will be issuing some of these. They take a minute of listening to gain enough vocabulary to start translating - longer than the portals would have lasted. But now that you have the humans on board ... Well, so long as you weren't too rough with them.

May turn into a long work day. The humans actually held back. The fight could have gone badly, but the commander gave the order not to resist. You were badly outmatched and out gunned. But the use of guns would have been a last resort. And Cassidy is a former SEAL.

So much for long day. Done already. Going to hit Walmart, drive home, and finish post.

Yeah, don't really like it. But I do like the Filk song version sung at conventions like GenCon.

Yeah, the Russians were armed. But Cassidy asked them to stand down and not put up a fight. He was yelling at them not to shoot, and not to fight. If they had fought, they would have won easily. They are experienced in zero G. You aren't.

Now you will have to wonder how the human race will respond to the arrival of aliens at the UN.

The hard part will honestly be trying to land without an army at your doorstep, although they could consider it a hostage situation and wouldn't want to make any sudden moves for risk of hurting who they believe to be hostages. If the crew allows the humans to leave the ship first then they could explain the situation. As for hiding the ship, a military base could hide it from the public (since that area 51 raid didn't go anywhere) But I doubt that's a problem for our enemies. In my opinion somewhere hard to see and hard to reach is the best place. It may not be useful at the moment but I think Olrion can pass for a human if she tried hard enough, especially since humans have no real concept of vampire's outside of fiction like Dracula.

Sybil has a surprise or two about the ship. But agreed as far as finding a place for it to hide. Thing is, it is needs an enclosure at least 300 feet long. 70 feet wide, and 30 feet high. Basically an enclosed stadium.

Hmmm ... maybe use Metlife Stadium as a garage?

Edit: NM .. no roof But the Astrodome in Houston isn't in use...

Hoping the last part of my post made sense. Basically Ellen is suggesting the crew leave the ship behind to speak with the humans.

Sybil has a surprise up her sleeve. She can cloak the ship. But she can't do that indefinitely. It just burns too much mana on Earth. The humans will have a number of places to hide the ship ... ANY football dome would work. Open the dome; land; close the dome. And it just so happens that the Astrodome in Houston is not currently in use.

Humanity is going to learn about aliens. No stopping that. The ISS is doomed. The other fleets will still be hunting for you. But the Illithids, in particular, will see Earth as a huge source of food. An Illithid needs to eat at least one brain per month. Nearly 8 billion humans on Earth - a buffet awaits.

Just FYI .. I did NOT plan on this being a diplomatic mission. It wasn't until Chum pointed out the satellites in orbit that it hit me about the ISS. I was expecting a shoot em up deal as the crew encountered the US military and were being hunted, while other aliens hunted everyone - just a chaotic mess.

Patience is a virtue? Imagine what the public is going to think of the crew. The humans of 21st century Earth will be nothing like the ones they knew back home. And hey, 8 billion humans have never heard Chum's stories....

Yes but one of those stories could be about the time the madlass got a grappling hook on a fighter jet and took a ride.

Is it safe to assume we will be able to communicate with the humans just fine at this point. (Language wise)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back