• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Timing: After the demon fight in the pub cellar
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel & Zoya

Zoya couldn’t help but snort as she watched Harian start eating the popcorn and have a delighted reaction, a grin splitting onto her face as she watched Gabriel practically bounce from his excitement. She didn’t know exactly what she’d expected from the squad outside of battle but it certainly wasn’t this, that didn’t mean she was complaining about it, just pleasantly surprised.

“I have no idea who John Wick is but he sounds cool.” Zoya shrugged, a blank look worming it’s way into her face as Gabriel delved into the details of movies. She hadn’t really sat down to watch too many, she didn’t exactly have a house to sit and movies whenever she pleased, and certainly not Netflix although she’d definitely heard of it.

“I haven’t seen that many movies,” she mused a little embarrassed, fingers twiddling with a lock of loose blonde hair as she spoke, “but I’d love to watch some with you guys!”

An excited smile replaced her uncertainty, brows raised in interest at the duo.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

"Wow," Harian said between mouthfuls of popcorn. "I honestly did not know humans could get this happy."
I didn't know I could. Harian thought to herself, she hadn't smiled this much since...she couldn't remember when. Gabriel's mood was infectious.
Keanu came up and Gabriel made a point of halting her next Matrix joke. She pressed her lips tightly together but was still smiling through the gesture.
"Isn't John Wick the guy who starts killing a bunch of humans 'cause they murdered his dog?" She grinned, first at Gabriel then at Zoya. "Killing humans? Definitely my kind of movie...No offense."
She added the last bit for Gabriel's benefit.
"Well then." Harian had the bowl now and was rapidly making off with it, back to the house.
"Let's do this thing! I'm sitting in the middle 'cause you are not getting this popcorn away from me."
Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild

"I'll let the human thing slide, they sort of deserve it. It was a very cute dog. Besides, it's just members of organized crime it's not like the world is going to miss them. Alright, let's rock. If we run out of popcorn I'll make a trip out and grab more. I think I love our magic front door."

There. That's more like it. If I can bring a little happiness into their lives, then that's just fine with me. Even the ancient and immortal sometimes need to have a moment to relax, just unwind and kick back with good company and some light entertainment. I....could get used to the smiles.

Gabriel flashed a smile of his own, as he mused to himself over just how interesting his life had become lately. Just how much more incredible. For the first time since he was a child, he felt like he actually belonged somewhere. Like he wasn't just some insignificant cog in the machine that is the gods will. Like he was a person.

He followed quickly after Harian. He was not about to let her hog the entire bowl, even if her expression after trying it for the first time was absolutely priceless.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild

Phillip had recieved the invitation with a few simple words from Jophiel. He found the angel at the kitchen island, a plate full of pancakes sat before him. The smell alone made Phillip's stomach rumble with anticipation, he hadn't tasted food in years. He sat on another barstool, opposite the table from Jophiel and reached for the top pancake with his hands.

No syrup, no butter and no jam Phillip ate the pancake plain and the taste of food forced him to close his eyes. He looked around as he chewed, noticing a clock that lined the wall. The rythmatic sound of the tick and tock filled his ears as he receded from his food high. His all colorful eyes then focused back onto the angel.

"So angel," he said as he looked around, none of the others being awake at the moment "tell me what's going on here." He scooted his stool closer to the man. Finishing the last bite of his pancake which he seemingly inhaled without a problem.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Time: The Genpei War, 1185, far before the beginning.
Place: Feudal Japan, a long forgotten Japanese village.
Characters: Anubis - andujarprime andujarprime , Kiyomi - The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit , Phillip - MrBossMan MrBossMan and Nero(?).

She crouched in a narrow mountain path. Sakura trees were in blossom, showering their fragrant petals in blizzards of color. In the distant valley, a village with its central wooden pagoda looked as if it had been preserved, intact, since far before the feudal eras. Ahead of her, the bodies of five men dangled from a line of tall trees, suspended by their necks. They were all younger, their soldier's clothing ragged. One was encrusted with crimson along the abdomen: He had been impaled by a katana before he was hung. The woman on the path exhaled a heavy sigh, her frosted breath being drawn away by the breeze; once again she'd have to tell herself that these were the casualties of war.

Wait, where am I?

Nero could see what was happening before him, hear the thoughts that they were thinking, but he wasn't exactly himself anymore. His actions weren't his and the body that he occupied moved on it's own predetermined path as though it were a different person. It was a different person. He gradually remembered a few things all at once. The first was that he had just been in the strange house that the angel had brought him and the others to, while the other strain of thought was recalling Michael's training. Watch, observe, memorize and, above all, learn. But who was Michael and what was Nero doing here? The terrain didn't look like any place he'd ever been. How was this even possible--

His - or her - thoughts were cut off quite suddenly when the woman shook her head and prodded a single finger to her temple, brushing a few strands of ebony hair behind her ear. "The mission is all that matters," she murmured to the wind.

Nero was now a backseat spectator to this woman's will and he would have to watch until whatever this was had ended. As the woman crept stealthily down the path and into underbrush towards the village, he was able to gather a few things from her thoughts: She was an assassin from the Taira clan, a nameless individual who'd been contracted to kill a rogue commander who was holed up somewhere in the area. Her investigations had led her to believe that the man was burrowed away somewhere in this village. He'd be found regardless since the Taira intended to raze the village one way or another, but this particular man held a special place in her heart, so she'd see him dead personally.

The trek down through the thick foliage made her infiltration of the village easy. Many of the guards were in the village's tavern or holed away with the ladies of the evening to forget the horrors of the war, so she was able to sneak between the small homes unseen. A bit of eavesdropping revealed that the one she sought was in the entertainment pub, as she suspected. The establishment was well guarded, but the rear entrance was only occupied by the cooks and serving girls. It wasn't difficult to persuade one of the young women to relinquish their uniform and job for the night, so the assassin entered the building looking the part.

Perhaps it was the fact that she hadn't been inside of a entertainment house in years, but the noise and bustling activity almost rattled her nerves; silently dealing with those who committed crimes and atrocities towards others was more her expertise, as opposed to serving drinks and food. Smiling at those ignorant to the person they harbored and fraternized with was even harder.

At some point she ended up with the order for a man who'd clearly had too much to drink. The girl who was previously serving him had to deal with another table, so the assassin now made her way to his table, plates of food in hand.

"Hello there!" she said, forcing herself to pipe up and seem enthusiastic while placing the plates of steaming food before the one who was secretly Anubis. "Udon noodles and miso soup - very good choices, both. Might I help you with anything else while I'm here?" A wide smile spread across her lips. Nero, beneath the guise and somehow buried within the woman's subconscious, could feel the murderous intent being suppressed. This woman wanted nothing more than to find the so-called samurai and take his life.

large.jpg
Kiyomi
Time: The Genpei War, 1185, far before the beginning
Interaction:
Phillip - MrBossMan MrBossMan Anubis - andujarprime andujarprime Nero - Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

A cool, gentle breeze began to blow, dancing past the newly blossoming sakura trees littering the land with pink. A few lone petals were ripped from their branches as the gust rushed by and carried them through the air in a beautiful flurry of color. The wind soon died down, the soft petals floating gently to the ground and landing at the feet of a young woman. Adorned in a traditional Japanese dress, the brilliant red fabric swayed with every footstep, brushing against her ankles and occasionally the pathway she wandered upon. A tall bamboo forest surrounded her, the bright green stalks reaching up to the heavens and towering over her. She was descending down a cobblestone path, a white oil-paper umbrella with a sakura tree and falling blossoms decorating the top hovering over her, clutched in both hands as she spun it with her fingertips.

To the wandering eye, it was made very clear that this was no ordinary woman. Ominously, a ring of white surrounded her silhouette, pulsing dimly in the shadows. Her hair was long and white with two pointed fox ears protruding from her head and a single long tail extending out from behind her. A shrine stood behind her that was lit by small paper lanterns and guarded by a pair of stone fox statues, two jewels nestled in their solid jaws. As the mysterious fox woman made her way further down the path, reaching the first set of steps, the statues behind her suddenly came to life and a pulsating white light replaced their stone perches. Now made of flesh and blood, two white foxes sat there, balancing carefully on the small flat of stone and staring after the woman with glowing eyes.

"Kiyomi." A woman's voice called out to her. The fox didn't even have to open its mouth to speak and its voice sounded like an eerie echo. The white-haired woman halted immediately in her tracks and glanced behind her, eyes softening at the sight of her parents. One of the white foxes leaped down, eight tails swaying behind it.

"Be careful. We may protect humans, but they are a violent race during war." The fox warned her calmly. With a gentle smile, the woman turned her body to the side, facing the ethereal foxes almost entirely now.

"Don't worry, mother. I'll be okay." Kiyomi responded quietly, managing to successfully reassure the white fox as it let out a small sigh and nodded. With a final glance of acknowledgement, she turned away from her parents and carefully made her way further down the steps, passing through the bright red archways. Behind her, the white fox hopped back onto its stone perch and instantly solidified into stone, returning to the state of a statue in seconds.

The sight of a small village came into her field of vision while she proceeded forward. Just before she reached the final steps and was exposed to the public eye, the wind suddenly picked up in a strong gust and she stopped in her tracks. Sakura petals circulated around her in a gentle spiral and a brilliant white light engulfed her frame for a moment before vanishing into thin air. The petals fell back to the ground where they once rested. No longer did the woman have white hair, but instead a head of light brown hair that was styled into a bun, a few loose strands dangling past her ears. Her cloudy white eyes were replaced by a set of amber ones, the rusty undertones glinting gently in the light. The fox tail had mysteriously disappeared and she looked like a normal human being. Well, on the outside at least.

The dress and oil-paper umbrella remained, twirling between her fingertips as she finally began to walk forward once more. Her feet carried her further into the village, passing by numerous village-folk that she recognized immediately. They looked at the graceful woman curiously, a few eyes straying a bit longer than others. Kiyomi heard the familiar harmony of a song floating through the air and she padded towards a sake house in the distance, sucking in a deep breath and holding it as the scent of food and alcohol wafted through her lungs. She closed her eyes and let out an exhale, a lovely smile forming on her lips at the delectable scent. Kiyomi lightly pressed her palm against the entrance of the bar, prodding it open and passing through. Immediately, all eyes turned to her. A few of the men within the bar whistled and tried to beckon her forward, but she simply passed by without a single glance of acknowledgement. Her eyes were set on one thing and one thing only: the small bottles of sake decorating the shelves behind the bar.

Kiyomi sat herself down at a wooden table about two chairs away from a mysterious hooded figure. She crossed her legs elegantly and met a servant’s gaze with her own, smiling gently. The servant was immediately taken back by her beauty and flinched, beginning to blush under her warm gaze and practically dropping the white cloth in his hands.

"A bottle of sake, please." She told him softly in Japanese, propping an elbow up onto the table and placing her chin into her hand. The servant nodded his head vigorously at her request, causing the woman to laugh quietly at his antics.

"Y-Yes, coming right up." He stammered with a sheepish look on his face before whirling around and immediately running off to prepare her drink. As he did this, Kiyomi took the time to glance at the hooded figure across from her, eyes scanning him up and down carefully. He obviously did not want to be bothered, yet Kiyomi didn’t seem intimidated by this as she leaned forward. She tilted her head and smiled at him, deciding to start a conversation with the mysterious man.

"My, my... I can’t say I’ve seen many hooded figures around here. How interesting." Kiyomi spoke up in English this time, her voice dripping with honey and a gentle smile spreading across her lips that could stop a man in his tracks.

"Tell me, are you new to the village or simply passing by?" She asked just as her drink arrived, steam rising from the cup. Kiyomi rose the drink to her lips and took a sip, letting out a sigh of enjoyment as her lips released from the cup's edge and the hot liquid ran down her throat.

Last edited:

“Why would they kill a dog? That’s terrible!” Zoya exclaimed reaching an understanding of why this fictional character would decide to go on an apparent murder spree, nodding her head idly to herself as she thought to herself.

Zoya covered her mouth as she laughed, overjoyed at the twos enthusiasm. Following them with an unabashed excitement into the house, she couldn’t help but see the two differently even if it was only from the smallest of meetings. Harian had a childish curiosity Zoya was sure Gabriel would delight in indulging, she couldn’t help but picture the whole thing as too cute.

“You guys better not eat all that popcorn!”

"Then you better come stop me!" Harian called back to Zoya, and held the bowl of popcorn over her head as she darted inside.
It was a short trip to the couch. Harian leapt the back of it and landed in the dead center, spilling only a few kernels.
"Movie! Movie! Movie!" She chanted, letting her excitement get the better of her. Never in her life had she been in such a situation. It was so new and different she almost didn't know how she should feel.
"You know, when I was commanded to help Jophiel, I was sure serving an angel was going to be the most boring job on the planet...but, I can't complain about this."
She tossed back a few more handfuls of popcorn. Someone she held in high regard had once told her to cherish the short moments, simply because they were just that: short.
All right then, she relented. I should just enjoy this...while it lasts.

Interaction: Harian, Zoya & Gabriel

Gabriel couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little at his friends. Seeing the people he was growing close to so happy was refreshing. He found it easy to smile and enjoy himself around them, though he couldn't quite put his finger on why. Maybe it was the joy he got out of putting smiles on peoples faces, especially when they found it hard to smile on their own. Maybe it was because he saw a little bit of himself in some of them. Or maybe, just maybe, he had finally found a place where he could feel like he had a home.

Regardless of how much of a hard case she puts herself out there as, Harian is much more kind hearted than she wants us to know. And the others all have their inner battles, too. It's moments like these that will hopefully help us grow as a team, learn from each other, become better people. Better friends.

Gabriel made his way back inside after the others, closing the door behind them as he went. He snagged the remote and set about getting the movie ready and settling in next to the bowl of popcorn held firmly in his friends grasp. Her child-like amusement and enjoyment of popcorn and movies only served to brighten his smile and improve his mood even further.

When everything was ready, and everyone was comfortable and in their places, he started up their first movie. He snagged a fist full of popcorn before they could eat it all, all the while watching them both out of the corner of his eye.

These are the moments we will remember. This is the joy and positivity that we will have to cling to in the darkest days to come.

Last edited:

“I can and will steal all the popcorn if you tempt me!” Zoya shouted back in reply, mischief written all over her face as she chased after Harian with a playful intent. Weaving through the house until she reached the couch where she dived pretty inelegantly onto it in attempt to snatch the popcorn. She quickly learnt that launching herself face first wasn’t the best idea, instantly toppling off of the seat and onto the floor where she lay for a few seconds groaning. Disbelief flitted onto her face as she stared at Harian with narrowed eyes, surprised she’d landed perfectly and barely spilt any of the prized snack.

“I don’t know what I was expecting but it certainly wasn’t this.” She giggled, pushing herself off of the floor and clambering up to steal a handful of popcorn.

A frown found her way onto her face as she listened to Harian, being commanded didn’t exactly sound like fun. Zoya didn’t think she would have a silent pity for her and would never admit it existed, but in a short moment Zoya found herself relating uncomfortably to Harian.

When the movie started, her frown fell and she went back to the smiles and cheery nature she’d expressed previously. A flame of hope bursting to life in her chest, warming her away from the coldest of thoughts, something like this could last. She would try make it last. Even when the fire threatened to die, it was something to fight for.

Harian whisked the bowl away just as Zoya came hurtling over to land promptly on the floor. She was laughing too.
"The risk you took was calculated but turns out you're shit at math?" Harian offered helpfully.
They settled into the couch as Gabriel hit 'play'...and Harian was hooked. She was incensed that someone had thought to take out a petty revenge on an innocent creature, and delighted in the inventive ways Wick found to take out his enemies, one by one. There was one point where Wick had been injured, it looked like he wasn't going to make it. Harian grabbed Gabriel's arm in the suspense, not even realizing she had done so.
She enjoyed every moment of the movie, munching popcorn and laughing, egging Wick on and throwing her wit at the doomed mob men.

Time: After the demon fight in the pub cellar
Interaction: Jophiel & Phillip

Jophiel pressed the edge of a fist lightly to his lips as he watched Philip help himself to the food.
"What's going on...yes." He got up, going to the cupboards as he continued.
"The fact is we are worried. Us being the immortals tasked with watching over this planet, and it's chosen people." He brought down a plate and fished some cutlery out of a drawer.
"There are dark energies beginning to seep into the day to day lives of human beings and this is a very grave matter. It was set to happen of course, as so many perceptive minds have seen, but it's not happening the way it should."
Jophiel returned with the plate, knife, fork and a napkin, sliding them hopefully across the granite in Philip's direction.
"Someone is inducing armageddon, as a quick recap to what I said before. Although, whomever sent you, likely already knows that. How much do you know? And who sent you?"
MrBossMan MrBossMan

Gabriel very much enjoyed their movie night. It was nice to have a moment just to relax with friends and watch some much deserved violence against members of organized crime. He had always found himself trying to figure out how to mimic certain techniques when he watched this kinds of movies. Wicks gunplay was first class, and at a level that few real people could come close to. It was one of those movies that had a way of building suspense that felt more realistic than most.

It was during one of these building moments that he felt a pressure on his arm, and looked over. He eyes nearly popped right out of his head, seeing Harian, of all people, gripping it. He felt his face begin to heat up as his cheeks turned red. His heart beat a little faster for a moment, before he caught himself. He looked away, desperately praying to whatever gods might be looking out for him that no one noticed.

What the hell was that?

He regained his composure and turned his attention back towards the movie, trying to forget about the whole thing. It didn't entirely work. It poked into his subconscious occasionally throughout the remainder of the evening. And yet he couldn't figure out why.

When the final climactic moments were over, and the credits rolled, he found himself smiling ear to ear. He always enjoyed action movies. He would never admit it out loud, but he always found that he placed himself in certain roles when watching them. It was just part of the experience for him.

"So, anybody for part 2? The sequel is good too. Or one of you can pick the next one. We've got a nearly limitless supply of movies to choose from and a free afternoon. Let's make the most of it, yeah?"

He went and refilled their bowl. Their overly enthusiastic approach to popcorn consumption was bordering on gluttony.

“Well now I have another thing to add to my list of things I’m shit at.” Zoya laughed dryly, throwing a few kernels into her mouth as she waited for the film to start, throwing a few at Harian idly in the short wait.

It surprised her how easily she’d let herself relax, actually enjoying the film and getting invested. She couldn’t deny that she liked the film, surprised multiple times when she was caught off guard and instantly looked to the others for their reactions, to gauge whether she had overreacted or had done the opposite. Then there was the time she almost squealed in delight not because of the film, but because of the two next to her. When she’d flicked her gaze to rest on the others, instead of just seeing simple reactions of shock she witnessed something she probably wasn’t meant to see.

Harian had latched her hand onto Gabriel’s arm in the moment of tension, and Gabriel had flushed a brilliant shade of red. Now this was something she definitely wasn’t meant to see, but she was so glad she had. Her hands flew up to her mouth, she was playing it all off like it was the shock from the movie and it partly was, but nothing could wipe Zoya of the grin she wore hidden under her hands during that moment.

When the movie finished, Zoya couldn’t help but smile, it hadn’t been what she was expecting but she couldn’t complain. She’d enjoyed herself way more than she’d expected to.

“Part two? How many parts of this are there?” Zoya questioned curiously, shuffling in her seat, “How many movies exist? Is there a movie for everything?” Her questioning was turning into an interrogation, she couldn’t believe in all the time she’d been around she’d never indulged herself in watching movies. What a mistake that was turning out to be.

Last edited:

"Well, Part 3 just came out recently. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm optimistically excited for it. As to how many movies exist, if you count direct-to-dvd movies and B movies, there are literally thousands. Probably tens of thousands, honestly. There are dozens of different genres of movies. Horror, comedies, documentaries, action movies, sci-fi, there are a ton. Film has been a huge industry for decades. And even before modern triple A studios and online video sites, people would flock to drive-in theaters for movies. Especially teenagers."

Gabriel turned, readjusting his position to something more comfortable. Smiling, he raised the remote and began to flip through genres.

" We can watch the next part, or we could switch it up and try a comedy. Or I suppose we could find a horror movie, but considering what our current occupation is I doubt we'd find anything on here very scary. Though, jump scares still work. Kind of. I suppose ghost movies might still have some appeal. Maybe 'Insidious'? I've been meaning to watch it but I've been putting it off."

He looked to the others, raising a questioning eyebrow. He got first dibs picking a movie and felt the other two should get a turn. After all, there was a huge selection.

"That was...Awesome!" Harian nearly threw the empty bowl off her lap with excitement. She gave Gabriel a sideways glance that held mild approval. "Look at that! You actually have good taste."
When he revealed there were sequels Harian's eyes lit up. "There's more?!"
Then Gabriel began listing genres as he flipped through their options. Harian listened to him and when he was done she looked back blankly, as if expecting something from him. When he didn't name a title she looked back at Zoya for her to name one.
It had not even occurred to Harian that she was being given the power of choice.

“That’s so much more than I ever expected!” Zoya exclaimed, awe dawning on her face as she took in the listed genres and details rather fascinated. “I always knew films were popular I just didn’t know they were this cool!” She was pouting now, it was quite the blow to know she’d been missing out on something this wonderful for so long.

When met with a blank stare from Harian, Zoya cocked her head a little confused, “why don’t you choose a movie?” She asked tentatively, unsure on what the other wanted. It wasn’t like she could just pick one without making a fool out of herself, so she kept quiet and offered Harian a warm smile and a small push to do it for the both of them. “He picked one and you’re way more excited than me,” she began with her eyes flicking between the two of them as she spoke, “pick whatever you want to watch and we’ll watch it.” She reassured, brows quirked as she awaited the choice.

Gabriel held the remote out for Harian, smiling as he nodded.

"Your pick. Go nuts. It's movie night, enjoy yourself."

I should have realized she wouldn't be used to this kind of thing. Oh well, she'll just have to get used to it now. She can make her own choices around us.

He wiggled the remote a bit, waving it in front of her.

"C'mon, it doesn't bite. Pick whatever you want. It's your turn."

"Me?" Harian blinked up at Zoya in complete surprise. "...You want me to choose?"
Gabriel waggled the remote in front of her and she took it with a mild form of reverence. She had...control.
It took her another moment of staring before she shifted the device in her hand and pointed it at the screen. She flipped through the choices. Before, she had been overjoyed with the concept of so many films. Now it just felt daunting.
Harian recalled something then, a poster she had seen for a movie that looked like barrels of fun. She typed the name slowly into the search bar.
"Jaws." She grinned back over at the pair of friends she has just made. "It's supposed to be a classic."
A hint of doubt suddenly crept onto her face, there was an insecurity there that Harian often did not show. "Is...is that okay?"

"It's your call. But Jaws IS a time-honored classic. If that's what you want to see, put it on. You'll love it. It's been a while since I watched it, so it'll be fun."

Gabriel watched her more closely than he'd care to admit. That little bit of vulnerability she let slip. She had finally let her armor down, at least for a little while. He found himself rather enjoying this softer side.

These two have started to really relax. Hopefully this will go some ways toward them being more open in the future. We're a team. We need to know that we can trust each other completely. That means opening ourselves up to being vulnerable around each other.

He paused in his contemplation. He realized that soon, he would also need to be more open with the others. He couldn't keep everything from them. He had to come to terms with the fact that he too needed to let someone in. He tried to get others to let their guard down, to open up. But he never took his own advice. He would have to change that at some point. And he knew that.

“A classic, huh?” Zoya murmured, feeling like an uncultured swine as she knew nothing, still continuing to just nod along with a dumb smile.

Spying the traces of uncertainty and doubt written on Harian’s face, Zoya couldn’t help but feel the need to reassure her, “of course it’s okay, what you want to watch is just as important as what everyone else wants.” She shrugged now, smiling as she spoke until she looked away, frowning at the lingering connotations of why Harian had even needed the reassurance that she could have a choice. She didn’t comment on it, afraid it would ruin the atmosphere the three had created.

“Have you seen every film ever made?” Zoya found herself asking Gabriel, the concept of film intrigued her and he appeared to be a knowledgeable teacher in the art of cinema. “How do you have so much time to watch so many?”

"There are too many movies for anyone to have seen ALL of them. Some people have seen a lot of them, but no one has seen them all. No human, anyway. And I have a lot of free time on my hands. Sometimes my hunts require me to wait around for a while for something to happen, so I fill the time with books and movies."

He found the situation he was in very intriguing. He was by no means an authority on film but his new friends had apparently not been very accustomed to movies at all. The whole thing made him both sad and happy. Sad because they had never gotten to experience the simple pleasures of taking a night off to watch movies. Happy because he got to be the one to bring them in to the world of cinema.

"Hey. I have an idea. How about I take you two out for a movie at a theater? Not tonight, of course. This is home movie night. But sometime when we have a night off, let's head into town and catch a movie. You up for it?"

Harian processed this new revelation. With the encouragement of the people around her, it began to settle in her mind.
Gabriel's knowledge of movies was impressive and Harian smiled to herself at Zoya's amazed line of questioning.
"Some movies you really just don't want to see." Harian added.
Gabriel's mention of hunts intrigued her. "So how do these "hunts" work? Do you get a text from Adrestia? A light signal in the sky? Is there a secret phone that only she can use?"
Then Gabriel offered to take them out to an actual cinema. Harian marveled at how he had just invited her. Clearly he had not read much of those books he'd collected on djinn. It didn't take long for Harian to don a wicked smile and she put a hand against her mouth in mock-horror.
"Gabe! Did you just ask us both to the movies? At once? You player!"

Gabriel smirked and rolled his eyes.

"No, there's no 'Gabriel Signal'. There's no big spotlight with a gun on it that I have to look out for. It's... Sort of hard to explain. It's... Subtle. Sometimes I'll just get a gut feeling that I should go to a certain place at a certain time. And when I get there, there's usually some sort of activity or at least a trail of some kind to follow. Strange murders, odd foot prints, sightings of inhuman beings of some form or another. It all depends on what particular flavor of evil has decided to start causing chaos. Sometimes it's mutalated animal carcasses or pretty much anything out of the ordinary."

He leaned back against the couch, let his arms dangle behind it. He was just getting comfortable when Harian decided to mess with him yet again.

At her comment, Gabriel grew burning red in the face as he blushed brighter than should be humanly possible. He threw up his hands defensively and tried his best to explain himself. It didn't work very well.

"That's not... I mean you... It's...i didn't-"

He didn't quite get to finish his babbling. In his mad, flailing rush to try and fix any misunderstanding, he promptly fell off the couch and onto his back. Again.

Last edited:

Zoya couldn’t help but snort at Harian’s comment, “What a heartbreaker,” she grinned devilishly, laughing in delight, “I didn’t expect that off of you, but I’ve met humans who definitely didn’t have such pure intentions as you so I can’t say I’m surprised if you secretly had them too.” She flashed him a wink and a sultry smile before dropping the act and bursting into laughter once more.

When his face flushed that deep red again and he fell from his panicked embarrassment it didn’t help Zoya’s case. Her face hurt from the grin that’d been carved into it and she felt lighter from all the laughing. “Deny it all you want but we’ll forever know the truth.” She giggled, peering over the back of the of the couch to smile innocently at Gabriel. Turning her head sideways afterwards to flash Harian a gleeful grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back