• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Timing: After the demon fight in the pub cellar
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

Harian threw herself back against Zoya's shoulder and cackled, hands clutching her stomach. "Oh man! Every time! You humans are an absolute riot." She wiped a tear from her eye and sat up again.
"But seriously, are you sure you want to invite the djinn? Out into a human city? Don't you know how this works? There is no telling how I could bend my summoner's rules to cause all sorts of mayhem. Technically, I'm only supposed to help you." She gestured to the room, indicating Jophiel and the others. "Not them." Her hand flicked dismissively towards the door.
"Given you already know how I feel about your race...do you reeeeaaaally want me out there?"
Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel & Zoya

Gabriel lay on the floor, letting the heat and redness of his face slowly dissipate. For a moment, he contemplated just staying down there and hoping they got bored and left. Finally he raised himself back up into a sitting position, still in the floor.

"You know, you people are the reason I need therapy."

He stood, taking his place back on the couch and managing something that resembled a smile.

At Harian's question, he leaned closer to her, popping a mischievous smile of his own.

"I trust you. Besides. If you act up, I'll lock you in a room with Falarion, Jophiel and the entire collectors edition box set of Dr. Who."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild

Harian, not the slightest bit bothered by proximity, leaned in too, close, her own smile a perfect mirror of his.
"Trusting me is a horrible decision."
The threat Gabriel had designed was good enough to make her drop the smile and a hint of worry ran through her eyes.
"Ugh, fine. I won't set anyone on fire."
She sat back and crossed her arms, pointing the remote at the screen and hitting 'play'.
He trusted her. The thought would run back into her mind time and time again. Trust. It was foolish to trust a djinn.
The opening credits began to roll. When Harian was sure he was focused on the screen she chanced a look over at him, something akin to guilt painted on her face.
Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel & Zoya

Gabriel let her lean close, never taking his eyes off of hers. And there she went again. Telling him what a bad idea it was to get close. He had had about enough of it. He placed a firm, but gentle hand on her shoulder, looking her directly in the eyes.

"Harian, I am going to make something absolutely, adamantly clear to you because apparently you haven't gotten the memo yet. I don't particularly give two shits WHAT you are, or what you think of yourself. You're my friend and friends trust each other. Period. You'll just have to get used to it. I told you when we first met, and I've told you several times since then. I'm very stubborn. There is nothing you can do or say to change my mind. So stop being such a dork, and let's enjoy movie night."

He glanced over at Zoya, meeting her eyes as well.

"That goes for you too, feathers. Friends. Got it? You losers will never be rid of me now."

He took his hand away, still smiling like the obnoxiously optimistic weirdo he was.He settled back into a comfortable position and focused his attention on the movie as it began. In his mind, the discussion was over.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild

The hand was what fazed her, and the intent look in Gabriel's eyes. For one moment, Harian was thrown off-balance. It seemed like she wanted to say something, there was a pain at the back of her expression, a longing that she couldn't voice. In the end she had to look away, or risk betraying something...dangerous.
She settled back as the film began, her fingers sliding up carefully to her shoulder, where Gabriel's hand had been.
Naberius Naberius

Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Harian with anyone who wants to write

Harian leaned on the barrier they had put up, keeping people away from the charred wreck of Notre Dame. She had a hard time believing it, that great and powerful symbol of Paris, turned completely to ash, well, the front facade looked okay, a little blackened but still standing at least. The fire had happened only weeks ago, long before they had come to Paris. The rest of the city looked so normal, bustling about it's day to day as it always did...all but the Island where the Cathedral had once stood, in the heart of the city. The windows were gone, melted away in the heat of the inferno. Part of her wondered if this was done by the shadowy figures Jophiel had shown them before they left.
She remembered accompanying one of her masters here, to Notre Dame, one of the only summoners she had not immediately wanted to kill on sight. Harian looked at her hands, turning them this way and that. The likeness was flawless, as her forms most often were. Flawless, but not original.
This world kept changing, buildings burned...people died. Harian would never admit how much change scared her. She didn't realize she was frowning deeply at the wreckage until her face started to ache.
Marie-Jeanne would have laughed at her. Harian didn't need to recall the girl's face...she saw it every day.
She drifted back into the visions of her mind, a soft smile playing on her lips that she did not even know was there.
Naberius Naberius andujarprime andujarprime KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Lioness075 Lioness075

colour = #8A2BE2

Last edited:
Interaction: TBD

Gabriel wandered around town for a time, taking in the sights. Like their friend Falarion, he too was quite excited when he got to visit some place new for the first time. Unlike their friend, however, Gabriel had a bit more self control and limited his visible excitement to a big goofy grin. It was unlike anywhere he had ever been before. Nothing like the soulless streets of most American cities. It pained him deeply to see something as grand and spectacular as the cathedral Notre Dame in the state it was in. He had only seen pictures. He had heard about the tragedy on the news days after it happened and though he had never even set foot in the city, it was a loss felt by millions world wide, including himself. To see something so seemingly untouched by time reduced to little more than a burnt out husk was deeply saddening. He decided to go and check up on the others, having gone off on his own just to walk around the island and take in the sights. On his way back, he stopped off and picked up a special surprise for his friends.

Gabriel made his way into the wreckage of the once mighty cathedral and saw Harian, standing alone. He came up to her quietly and walked to stand beside her, looking out into the city.

"It's beautiful, huh? I've never been to this part of the world before. I never got to leave the states except for occasional excursions to Germany and Greece. Even went to the foot of Olympus once. Unfortunately they don't let humans climb up. Something about not being a God or whatever."

He flashed his trademark smile, and held out a cup and a straw, still wrapped. The cup was clear, filled with a thick, brown substance.

"Hope you're OK with chocolate. I didn't know what you would like."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Harian started out of her thoughts and turned angrily, only to relax when she realized who it was.
"Oh, it's you."
She looked out past the wreckage, where the spring flowers still filled the trees. Petals were falling from the cherry and sour apple trees, pink and white littering the bridges and colouring the surface of the Seine.
"Yeah, I guess it is."
Gabriel mentioned he had rarely left the states. "That seems weird, for someone working to rid the world of evil. You'd think Adrestia'd give you more travel options."
She looked at the cup with complete surprise, then up at Gabriel's usual, insufferable smile, for some reason it seemed less insufferable than usual today.
"This...is for me?" Harian could count on one human hand how many things she'd been gifted in all her long life. The concept was mysterious.
"Usually I'm stealing things for people." She admitted a little sheepishly. Harian took the cup and examined it, frowning.
"It's cold...and wet." She looked back at him skeptically, wondering if this was a joke, but his smile encouraged her to at least try it, so she did.
It took her a moment to work out the straw, getting it out of the paper and poking it through the plastic top.
Harian's eyebrows shot into her hairline as she tasted it.
"This is amazing!" She took another sip and this time she actually smiled, genuine and pure. "What's it called? I love it!"
After a moment of enjoying the miraculous drink she turned slowly back to Gabriel, her expression pleased, but puzzled.
"Why are you doing this? Movies, food...is this normal for humans that don't summon djinn? Do you always try and befriend anything that looks even remotely like it won't obliterate you on sight? Or is this...just you?" She looked at him harder, brows furrowed, as if that would let her understand.
After a moment of thought she added, "Um...thanks. That's what you say right? When someone does something nice?"

Naberius Naberius

Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, TBD

Gabriel couldn't help but laugh a little. Her reaction to trying human cuisine and refreshments for the first time was always fun.

"It's called a milkshake. It's like drinkable ice cream. And do I really need a reason to get my friend a milkshake? Unfortunately I am indeed a rare breed these days. Not one of a kind, there are still many like myself who genuinely care about others regardless of who or what they are. Unconditional compassion. By nature, humans are a social species. The trouble starts when greed is brought into the picture. The mere concepts of wealth, being rich, and money making you powerful have begun to strip away the light. But it is always darkest before the dawn. I have to believe that. Because if I don't, it means I have dedicated my life to a purpose that doesn't exist. It is often said that those that have the least give the most. Because we know what it's like to have nothing. So, while I might be the only 'good' human you've met, there are more out there. We are just more quiet than those who gave in to their own inner corruption. They used to say that the devil is the reason why evil dwells in the hearts of man. After what I've seen, what I've heard.... I don't believe that. The darkness was always there. Humans are born into this world with infinite potential to enact change on the world around them. THAT is our greatest super power. And also our greatest enemy. Those who prey on the fear and misfortune of others have guided the entire world for ages. Because those who wish to do good do not seek power. And those who seek power rarely do so for altruistic reasons."

He smiled down at her again, once more intrigued by how much she knew but at the same time how much she had never gotten to experience.

"Yeah, 'thank you' is the traditional phrasing. But 'Thanks' works too in less formal circumstances."

He paused, staring out at the city again in silence. Seconds passed. Minutes. He appeared deep in though, as though he wanted to say something but couldn't bring himself to do so. Finally, he looked at her, his smile a little more embarrassed than usual.

I uh... This is... Sort of embarrassing, I guess... And don't get the wrong idea! I... I barely know anything about any of you. Other than the great pain you've endured, I know next to nothing about you. But.... If you ever need anyone to talk to... I'm here. I promised you I'd have your back. That means being there when you need me, even if there's no battle to fight. If you ever just want to sit down and talk, just have a chat... About life, about the weather, movies, whatever. You can always come to me. There's no hidden agenda. I'm your friend. It's just what friends do."

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, TBD

Falarion swung along the interior of the Notre Dame’s scaffolding, a delighted grin on his face. Most of it had broken and burned to the floor far below, but he found enough to work with anyways and laughed at the chaotic fun of swinging around like a literal monkey. His tail grabbed for support bearings behind him as he went, ensuring he was less likely to fall if he lost his grip with his hands. He hung still for a moment when he neared the altar. It was great that the material had not been flammable, as this was one of the parts of the building beyond its base architecture that had survived. Falarion thought it would be plenty fun to see how they rebuilt the place though, and did not feel as disheartened as many others seemed to feel. He just could not wait to see how much better the Notre Dame would be the second time around!

Grinning again, he swung out over the altar and flipped once in the air before doing a three-point landing. He hoped this way and that, playing an odd version of hopscotch among the rubble that had collected on the ground level. Once he exited through the main entrance, Falarion shielded his eyes from the sun and spotted his friends together near the barrier. Some construction scaffolding was near them and he smirked at an idea forming in his head.

Moments later, he slowly lowered himself upside down beside Harian, hanging from the scaffolding by his tail. He kept his legs criss crossed and deftly reached down to try and snatch the milkshake out of Harian’s hand. If successful, he happily took a quick sip before she would likely take it right back from him.

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, TBD

Gabriel smiled. Fal wasn't nearly as stealthy as he thought he was. Right at the last second before he managed to snag Harian's treat, he spoke without turning his head.

"Easy there, curious George. It's very hard to sneak up on a shinobi. You need practice. And She could probably cook you in seconds."

He turned his head slightly, flashing their excitable friend a mischievous smile.

"Besides, I wouldn't have brought them if I didn't bring enough for everyone. Yours is over there."

He jerked a thumb in the direction of a nearby mound of reasonably stable debris, atop which sat two cardboard carrying boxes filled with different colored cups of the same cold refreshment as he had handed Harian.

"I'm not a TOTAL asshole."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

Harian sipped the milkshake as Gabriel talked. "Has anyone ever told you you monologue...like, a lot." Still, she listened in silence, considering what he said.
"Externalizing responsibility for bad choices is pretty much why you humans suck so much."
It was when he began to stammer that Harian gave him a strange look. Her expression ran from critical to surprised to...something else.
"Hmm...I've never...I mean, I don't talk about...stuff." She looked back at him earnestly, something akin to understanding crossing her face. "But the same goes for you, if that's the case. If you ever need me, or if you feel...trapped. I might not be able to grant wishes like in your storybooks, but I've been around humans long enough to have learned a few things. As long as I'm around. I'll be there for you."
There was only a small pause before: "but if you ever tell anyone else, I will end you."

Harian did not notice Falarion, but thanks to Gabe's warning she pulled her milkshake out of his reach just in the nick of time.
"Not a chance Diddy Kong. This is mine."

Harian wore a smile and though it did have an edge, it was a lot less hostile than when they had first met.

Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

Falarion scowled the moment Gabriel called him out and sure enough, Harian reacted accordingly. Her milkshake was immediately out of his reach and he sighed in defeat. He leaned up briefly, as if to grab his tail, before letting go of the scaffolding with it. He did a halfway flip and landed in a crouch beside Harian. He stood up and grinned now as Gabriel mentioned the other milkshakes.

“You two are no fun,” he said while walking over to the selection. He was blissfully unaware of the references either person made, but was focused on obtaining a milkshake of his own now. He looked over the selection and then his eyes widened when he spotted a banana milkshake amongst the options. He snatched it up and then grabbed one of the wrapped straws he had seen Harian using. He lightly tapped it against the edge of some debris, promptly freeing the straw and inserting it into his plastic lid.

As he walked back after to the pair, Falarion practically skipped with delight and he exclaimed, “Dude, I’m so happy you got a banana milkshake. I love these!” He paused and then added, “It was the only one over there. Did you get it just for me?” He tilted his head to the side, now confused and wondering how Gabriel had even known that banana was his favorite flavor. He was still blissfully unaware of the more serious conversation that he had just interrupted between the two.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

Gabriel couldn't help but smile and roll his eyes at the closest thing to a member of the DK Krew he had ever seen.

"It wasn't exactly a hard guess."

Except I had no idea if you would actually enjoy it. It was mostly just a joke.

"So, Fal, how you liking Paris so far? It looks like there's plenty of places for you to jump and climb around on. I'm kinda jealous. You have even more dexterity than I do and that's saying something. Must be the King Kong genes."

The jab was lighthearted as it always was, a friend teasing a friend. Gabriel smiled over at Falarion, actually quite pleased he enjoyed the frozen treat.

"You've never had a milkshake either have you? I'm going to have to introduce you two to all the best junk food. I'm sure Ayramis would rather be the one to introduce you to the world of Michelin star cuisine, but I will be your guide into the wondrous realm of fatty, sugary and salty treats that humanity is so well known for. Pizza, cotton candy, red velvet cake, turtle cheese cake, everything the world has to offer that will put pounds on your body and inches on your waist."

"Simple minds." Harian added as Falarion wallowed in delight.
"Yeah I don't really have much of a body to put weight on." Harian explained, poking her stomach for emphasis. "This is basically just a show. I can look like almost anything or anyone I've seen before."
Footsteps alerted her to someone coming. Apparently one of the police officers had seen Falarion messing around on the scaffolding. He came over and began speaking in an irritated tone, though every word was in French.
Harian stepped forward with her best smile and answered him; her pronunciation, though a little archaic, was flawless as she replied in French as well. It took a few moments, but eventually she won him over and he turned to go. Harian watched him for a moment before turning back.
"Hey," Harian swung playfully at Gabe and punched his arm. "You fight good. I want to learn how to do what you do. Teach me."
Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Gabriel watched as the officer walked up and did his best impression of an irritated man of authority. Harian, not surprisingly, handled the situation deftly. Unfortunately, Gabriel had not actually ever studied French as a language, so he was basically just smiling and trying to look innocent. He left without much fuss, leaving them to themselves again.

"You'd have to be more specific. I have about 57 black belts and Mastery ranks in different martial arts styles. I work for a war goddess, so combat styles and techniques come naturally to me. Or supernaturally, I guess. What takes others decades takes me months. What style are you interested in? Something specifically tailored to take down individuals of human or near human physiology? Something that uses the opponents weight and size against them? Or something more martial and less art like Krav Maga?"

He felt a bit of pride talking about something he actually knew a great deal about. It was a badge of honor to him, being able to learn so many fighting styles in such a short time. Sure the divine gifts of his patron were the reason for it, but the knowledge and skill were still his, not hers.

Last edited:

Harian considered her own stature. "The one that uses weight and size against the opponent. Just in case you haven't noticed, I'm not very big."
She stuck a thumb at her chest. "I'm a pretty fast learner though. You have to be as a djinn...if you don't want to die." She said this with a drop of her usual humour.
Harian jumped up onto the barrier railing and balanced there with perfect posture. "In exchange, I'll show you around Paris. Wait till you see Montmartre, The Sacré-Cœur...you know all those stuffy museums used to be royal houses." Harian grinned, a hint of pride in her voice. "I miight have helped the humans of Paris take them."
She glanced at Falarion, happily enjoying his milkshake.
"I guess you could come too. If you keep away from me."

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, TBD

"I..didnt want to be the one to point it out. Though you do have a certain resemblance to Wolverine."

Gabriel smiled, looking as innocent and cherub-esc as possible.

"And I'd be happy to teach you. We can start with a bit of Judo, dip into Akido and I'll teach you the Tai Sabaki. It's a very simple to learn technique and honestly shouldn't take more than a day or two. But it's incredibly useful for dealing with opponents much larger than the user. ESPECIALLY if they charge at you. A headlong charge at a skilled martial artist is basically the worst mistake you can make in a fight."

He paused, tapping a finger against his chin in thought. He looked Harian over, taking in where her strengths seemed to be. He was too focused on figuring out the right style to realize he was being both rude and rather creepy.

"What part of the body would you say you find most of your strength in? Do you find yourself using more punches or more kicks? You'll need striking techniques to compliment the Akido. Possibly one of the 5 main forms of Kung Fu. It mostly depends on how you fight and what your strengths are. If you punch more than kick, then something like Taekwondo wouldn't be as useful for you. If you'd like to turn it into a long term training, I can make you even more dangerous than you already are. Combine deadly martial arts skills with your shape shifting capabilities and you'd be one of the most terrifying fighters in the world. I can teach you 56 out of the 57 styles I know. The last is forbidden for me to teach you."

Gabriel suddenly cracked a mischievous smile. He placed a hand over his mouth, gasping dramatically.

"Harian! Did you just ask both of us to go out for a night on the town? At the same time? You player!"

He laughed brightly, teasing her in the exact same way she had done him. He couldn't help it, it was too easy an opportunity to pass up.

Last edited:

"Wolverine? Cool!"
Harian didn't seem upset at all by the comparison.
She watched him carefully while he looked her over extensively. If it was anyone else Harian would have set them on fire already, but she knew by now that Gabriel's intentions were about as nefarious as a basket of kittens, so she let it be.
"You know I can take whatever body form I want right?" Harian offered as he began listing arts to learn. "But this one? I'd say it might have good range for either...let's try a mix."
Then there was mention of a forbidden style.
"Hmm, nope, no good. Now number 57 is the only one I want to learn." She was smiling in a half-joking manner that told him he might want to keep his bookshelves under guard.
He tried to turn her bit around on her, but Harian wasn't Gabriel. She matched his smile.
"Oh? Why? You jealous?" Her tone was honey-sweet.
She leapt off the rail and started walking as she laughed at him. "Come on! Bus to the hilltop is this way!"

*~*~*

Montmartre was a charming little cobblestone maze of narrow streets and quaint little shops and cafes, brightly painted in blues, red, greens and yellows. There were a number of small front selling kitchy nicknacks sporting mini eiffel towers and arc de triomphes as fridge magnets, key chains and coasters. Harian took them past the artists' square, where aspiring talent from all over Paris bought stalls to display their paintings. At the top of the hill, three domed roofs shining in the sunlight, stood the Sacre-Coeur Basillica. The plaza before it was made of white marble.
"This was a bit after my time, but when I was catching up these past four months I got to come back here. The view's pretty nice."
The view was nice, going up to the stone barrier by the steps one could see almost the entirety of Paris. The Eiffel Tower stuck out like a tiny thumbtack against the backdrop of a patchwork cloud sky. It wasn't hard to see that Harian, despite her sour demeanor most of the time, loved Paris. She had been in a much better mood since they had come.

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, TBD

Gabriel couldn't help but laugh much harder at her response. Of course she wouldn't be as easy to take in as he had, but it was worth a shot. He also was not the least bit surprised when she only took interest in the forbidden school. It wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility for her to learn, but it would require a field trip.

"I figured you wouldn't be able to resist the allure of a forbidden fighting style. Unfortunately, it truly is forbidden. As in, you are entirely unable to learn it. Except, of course, if you gain permission from my old sensei. That is the only way anyone may learn the Dim Mak. There is a reason it is forbidden."

When they arrived at their destination, Gabriel couldn't help but stare. She was right. The view was absolutely stunning. It was not a sight you could find a match to anywhere he had visited before. For a time he simply looked out upon the skyline of the great city wordlessly.

"Places like this always seem to have magic of their own surrounding them."

He glanced over and smiled that big goofy smile he was so well known for. Though he couldn't quite put his finger on why, seeing her smile made the day a little brighter.

Suddenly he recalled something she had mentioned earlier, and he started laughing again.

"So did you guys really start that whole 'wish granting' thing with the gypsies? Because that's probably one of the greatest pranks the world has ever seen."

Just as Gabriel had mentioned his dexterity, Falarion opened his mouth to reply, but promptly shut it when a policeman approached. He had no clue what was being said, but he saw the gestures at himself and tilted his head to the side in bewilderment. He wanted to ask Harian what had just happened, but both Gabriel and her seemed quick to dismiss it ever happening and so Falarion merely shrugged and decided to move on with them.

When Gabriel moved on to mention the many junk food delicacies in life, Falarion merely laughed and replied, “I’m not that disconnected, man! I’ve eaten or drunk just about everything you’ve mentioned. Though, I have not heard of this cotton candy you mentioned? It sounds-” he appeared thoughtful as he continued, “fluffy?”

Falarion loudly slurped his milkshake while Harian jabbed at him. He simply stuck his yellow tongue out at her.

As Gabriel began explaining his affiliation to a war goddess and his many martial arts skills, Falarion said, “All right, color me impressed. I didn’t even know there were that many styles in existence.”

Hearing art mentioned in the many options, Falarion spent most of the rest of the conversation imagining how fighting someone could be considered an art. He also slurped his milkshake loudly and at all the wrong times.

When Harian hopped up onto the railing with ease and perfect balance, Falarion smiled and wondered if he could teach her to fight with a monkey’s tail like he often did. After all, she could easily turn into a spider monkey if she wanted to, or something else.

As usual, a reference to the Wolverine merely confused Falarion, as he suddenly envisioned an actual wolverine and was baffled by the comparison. He made a face then, though it was hard to tell if he was disgusted by the thought or a brain freeze.

He did understand the following teasing though, and laughed as well. His eyes gleamed with delight at the idea of getting a tour of a new place on top of being with two he considered to be friends now. It was weird having friends that did not leave after a couple days. He smiled absentmindedly at the thought and tossed his now empty cup into a trash bin nearby.

Falarion was so content in the moment that he entirely missed Harian’s retort about jealousy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment they disembarked the bus, Falarion’s eyes widened and he let out a small squeal of delight at the many colors and hues in sight.
“It’s so bright and colorful and amazing! Wow!” He exclaimed as they walked along the streets.

By the time they stopped in the plaza, Falarion already had a mini Eiffel Tower and a Notre Dame keychain hanging off one of his belt loops. He stashed the mini Eiffel Tower in his knapsack before turning to face the others.

When he noticed the better view nearby, Falarion immediately broke away and bounded over, pausing in delight at everything before him.
“The architecture and colors here are so amazing. I love it!”
He sighed and glanced back at the pair before meandering to rejoin them.

Just as he did, he overheard Gabriel’s question and looked at Harian with genuine curiosity of his own.
“I had been wondering that, but I don’t really know much about anyone or anything that’s...like me.”
He looked a bit embarrassed now, as if he was the uneducated one of the group and did not want to ask too many questions.

They strolled through the market and Harian shook her head as Falarion took in the sight. "I figured you'd like this place Banana Boy."

Gabriel's reaction to the sprawling scene was priceless. It was exactly what she had hoped to create. She couldn't figure out why watching him smile made her so happy, enough that she would go out of her way to bring him up here.
"You don't know the half of it." There was magic everywhere in Paris...if you knew how to look.
Harian was smiling broadly too when Gabriel looked over, but the sudden realization made her clear her throat and look away.
His question caught her off guard.
""Gypsies"?" She shot him a sideways glance and leaned over to tap his temple playfully. "Who's been filling your head with that garbage? Forget gypsies, you too Tails."
Harian looked out over Paris as she trailed far back into her memory.
"Your stories of us start with the Tales of a Thousand Nights and One, straight out of Arabia. Djinn are everywhere in them. I think the whole wish thing, came from Aladdin, now, don't buy into all the Disney junk, there was never any lamp. It was a ring. Twisting the ring on his finger summoned a mighty djinn who would do anything he asked. It was an interpretation of Solomon's ring, the original tool used to enslave us."
She realized then that the topic was getting a little grim.
"But hey, we're such an impressive people, to you humans it must have looked like we could grant any wish. As for the rule of three? That was probably a lie. Djinn are pretty good liars. Comes with the territory. If you can convince your dumb-as-a-brick human master that there is a limit to your power, they're less likely to go and ask for something reaaallly stupid."
Harian thought for a moment, there was a question that had been nagging at her for a while.
"Are you the only one? Justicar I mean, are you the only one Adrestia's done this to?"

Gabriel shot Falarion a look that was somewhere between a frown and a smile. Though he acted like an overly excitable 10 year old, Gabriel couldn't help but notice the age in those eyes. It was subtle, but it was something one got used to seeing when around beings several times older than your average adult human. Experience, the eyes of someone who had seen much and more. And yet Falarion managed to retain a kind of child-like innocence. It was simultaneously refreshing and rather jarring at times.

"You're even more excited than I am, man. And relax. You're on a team with people who are either old enough to have borne witness to countless supernatural events and happenings of the ancient world first hand, or have done extensive and exhausting research into such things for years. You bring your own abilities and gifts to the team. And hey, if you wana know something just ask. If I don't know it, I guarantee she does."

He hooked a thumb at Harian, smiling at their energetic friend.

Lioness075 Lioness075

Gabriel listened intently to Harian's history lesson. He was absolutely fascinated by these sorts of topics, though he also found the idea of immortal shapeshifters tricking the ancient human peoples into believing they had wish granting powers to be absolutely priceless.

"Trust me, I'm the LAST person who would believe anything at all about Disney tales. Sure they're fun as a kid, but I actually met the grandchildren of the Brothers Grimm. Those stories aren't just stories. Though, you're one of the few people who would know that even better than I do. And I always thought Solomon's thing was dealing with demons? I even have a copy of the Lesser Key Of Solomon in my room."

It was when she touched on the subject of his.... Career choice that Gabriel's smile dropped from his face, replaced by a deep, world-weary sadness. It wasn't her fault and he knew that. But it wasn't a subject he enjoyed talking about in great detail. But he found it easy to talk to her for some reason. Maybe it was the shocking similarities between them that only made themselves apparent on close inspection.

"I'm not the first, if that's what you're asking. Since Adrestia first took her stand alongside her father and the other Olympians against the titans, there has been a Justicar serving under her. We come from all walks of life, taking up the mantle for various reasons. I am neither the first, nor will I be the last..."

He grew deathly quiet. He stared out into the city, lost in thought and haunted by knowledge that he could never share with anyone. Not even his closest friends.

"She is also not the only Olympian to have chosen a champion. If the rumors are true, Ares has also had a warrior in his direct employ for some time. Though knowing HIM, he or she is probably a total asshat. Have you ever met Ares? It's like he wrote the book on how to be a dick."

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, TBD

Hearing Harian's nickname for him, Falarion quirked an eyebrow before giving her one of his own signature lopsided grins. He absolutely loved exploring new places and experiencing new cultures and it delighted him that Harian seemed to share the same desire.

Falarion chuckled when Gabriel mentioned his excitement. He never bothered to try and conceal it and found that many people appreciated his unbridled emotions. It had made it very easy for him to befriend humans in New Delhi, especially the younger ones.
The mention of the many members of their team having so much experience and knowledge did encourage Falarion that he had many resources. Yet, it did not exactly make him feel better about being so clueless about the happenings around him. Everyone discussed so many things with ease, but he felt so limited in what he could discuss. He had more luck discussing things that humans knew, but even then he was not up-to-date on popular culture or today's technology. Gabriel almost immediately was listening to Harian's history lesson once more and Falarion let out a soft sigh to himself. While encouragement had been lacking personally, he did like to think that he could barrage Harian and Gabriel with questions without either getting too frustrated with him. Harian played off the tough attitude nicely, but Falarion knew better.

Speaking of, Falarion saw Harian's smile that she abruptly tried to hide once Gabriel was looking at her again. He snorted at this and glanced over at Gabriel to see that he had not even noticed it. Falarion suddenly wondered if he was the third wheel in this little adventure and he tried hard to conceal his laughter at the idea since Harian probably would punch him in the face for even suggesting such a thing.

Falarion opted to lean against the stone barrier nearby while the two continued their history discussion, as both seem enraptured by the discussion. He did not mind listening in, as this was a learning moment for him as well.

When Harian teased him again with a different nickname, he tilted his head to the side as he was pretty confident he only had one tail. Or maybe the fox lady of their group was nearby? He looked around, but could not find her and merely shrugged to himself before listening in on their discussion once more.

Falarion was not sure what gypsies were, but Harian was quick to elaborate about Djinn in more details. Again, the references to popular culture went over Falarion's head, but he felt like he got the gist of it. He wanted to ask her for more details, but then she switched the subject to Gabriel and his job as a Justicar. This was another thing that Falarion had never heard of before, but he found it fascinating that Gabriel worked so closely with a deity. He wondered if he could have a hero beneath himself, but was unsure of how exactly this kind of thing worked.
Falarion immediately noticed the change in Gabriel's behavior though, and he stood up from his leaning position. He moved closer to Gabriel, hoping to perhaps make him feel more comfortable in this moment. While a clever tactic, Falarion had experienced many humans trying to switch the subject hastily when they were having to discuss something they disliked.
Without hesitation, Falarion put a hand on Gabriel's shoulder and said softly, "If you're not comfortable discussing it now, perhaps we can save this conversation for another time. We don't have to put all the cards on the table so soon."

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion TBD

Gabriel met his friends gaze. Under any other circumstance, the calm and steady hand of someone he counted amongst his closest friends would have been very reassuring. As it was, he couldn't muster up his usual good cheer. He smiled, though it did not quite reach his eyes. Instead, they showed only a reflection of the deep pain he lived every day

"Thanks, Fal. You're a good friend. It's just hard putting a voice to the situation. The truth is... I won't be surviving until the end of this conflict. I've accepted that. But that doesn't make it any less painful."

He grew quiet again, closing his eyes and folding his arms over his chest. He stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity. When he next spoke, the sorrow had soaked into his voice as well.

"People like me aren't meant to have friends. We don't get a happy ending. Maybe you were right. Maybe... We can't be friends after all...."

He looked over at Harian, the deep pain clearly visible.

"I'm going for a walk."

And with that, he turned and made his way back towards the streets of Paris. As he left, perhaps it was just the sunlight glinting off his eyes... Or perhaps they glistened for another reason entirely....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back