• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya

Gabriel just smiled and rolled his eyes. He thanked whatever gods that were watching over him that his little slip up earlier had apparently gone unnoticed.

As Harian lead their motley crew of supernatural misfits to what would be her choice of eatery, Gabriel began to question the whether or not she actually knew if there was a restaurant here. The old, chipped paint and less than stellar decor not exactly painting a welcoming picture. His attitude and inner monolog changed as abruptly as the interior design. Crossing the threshold he just sort of stood in the door for a moment, taking it all in. He could do nothing but gawk at the place. The staggering amount of diversity in one building was impressive.

When the large fellow introduced as 'Auros' met them and seemed to know Harian very well, as evident by his... Personal greeting, Gabriel felt... Off. He couldn't place it but seeing it just didn't sit right. He brushed it aside and beamed around the place again, just taking it all in. They were seated and presented with one of the most elaborate menus he had ever seen. He found himself sitting next to her, removing his duster and tucking the handgun into the large pockets inside it.

"Ok I admit, I was beginning to question your choice in dinning establishments. But, I am very pleasantly surprised. Finally somewhere where I don't stand out. I just hope they aren't too.... Put off by a human eating here. I've always been more comfortable in groups of non-humans. Though that might just be because I'm a bit of a weirdo."

He flashed her a bright smile, absolutely loving every minute of this trip. The decor was stunning, and he had no idea what to order.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild

Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya

"I most certainly am enjoying it. The experience is enhanced when you haven't seen many cities before, so I share your view. Haven't been here either, until now." Nero listened quietly to Zoya and Gabriel's short exchange, offering the other new arrival a brief bow in response. "I suppose that now we are. Nice to meet you, Zoya. My name is Nero."
It wasn't long before Harian and Falarion finally made their way back to the group. He couldn't place a single word to how he felt amidst them, but the chemistry they all shared was different compared to most others he'd seen... in a good way. Their personalities were all so different to their own extent, but not so much as to be abrasive. It pleasant and amusing all at once. He wasted no time following along at the beck and call of a potential meal.

Similarly to Gabriel, Nero shared the same outlook on the outside of the place to a far lesser degree; the place seemed run-down, but he had no reference to compare a 'good' entrance to. However, the inside blew his expectations out of the water. It was eloquent and regal, just as he'd imagined one of the highest-class restaurants of the city to look, but this one was different. The moment that the massive ox-man showed up was the moment that the boy realized he was amidst more of the 'abnormal' entities of life. They were so diverse that he hardly even glanced upon the decor and instead was left in a daze observing them. He still managed to wander after the group to the table, though he hardly heard the ox's humorous quips.
The menu was yet another surprise that day. While he couldn't speak almost any of the languages he knew, he could listen to, read and write them. After seating himself cross-legged across from Harian and Gabe, his eyes scanned over the different delicacies listed within the leather-bound menu and eventually they widen-ed at the sight of a pair of familiar items.

"Lasagne and cannolis!" Nero had only once tried the dishes while visiting the village near his home, and they were the best homemade foods he'd ever tasted. They far surpassed berries and wild goat that he'd eaten up until that point years ago. The smile on his face was broad, probably the first time that his teeth had actually made an appearance. "Is there any way that we can get that? It's some of the best tasting stuff I've ever had."
What Nero didn't notice was the small print of text below the lasagne's ingredient list that read:

Baked perfection, take a bite of me,
Consume the whole dish and you will see,
This blend that you know,
Ricotta cheese, oregano,
Enjoy the aftermath of boundless energy!

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Lioness075 Lioness075

Interaction: Harian with anyone who wants to write

Harian looked nothing but smug when Gabriel admitted he liked the place.
"You're gonna have to learn one day, all of my ideas are good."
He admitted to being more comfortable around supernatural beings, this intrigued Harian. "Is that so?"
She considered him for a long moment, one elbow on the table supporting her head which was tilted to the side. "Nah, I don't think you're a weirdo. An Idiot maybe, but, not a weirdo."
He smiled at her then and Harian felt that unfamiliar twist in her essence. Suddenly she found the menu much more interesting than it had been a moment earlier.
Nero had found something he wanted to eat and Harian smiled, pleased with the choice. "Go nuts kid." She replied in a supportive voice.

Not long after Auros brought them a bottle of what looked like wine. He poured each of them out a small glass.
"Careful with this stuff, it's strong...and magical, it'll affect anything." Harian cautioned. If Harian was cautioning, it must be powerful indeed.
"It'll taste like the drink you love most. Whether you've tried that drink yet or not."

Harian took pleasure in watching her friends comb the menus
Her gaze drifted across the restaurant to the neighbouring tables. Just then she spotted the back of a head that looked somewhat familiar. She brightened and, giving a quick, sly glance over to Gabriel, called for Auros.
The ox man came over, surprisingly graceful balanced on thick, cloven hooves. He leaned down and Harian began whispering in his large, bell-shaped ear. He too glanced over at Gabriel and his brow furrowed.
"Zis is unlike you Harian, in all our years of friendship I 'ave never known you to do nice tings for other people."
"Would you just do it?"
Auros did not look convinced, but he had a small smile playing across his soft muzzle. He walked away to a nearby table and began speaking to one of the gentlemen sitting there.
The man turned and, seeing Harian held up a hand in greeting. She took a subtle look at Gabriel as they saw who Auros had been speaking to: Keanu Reeves got up and made his way over to the table.
"Harian, I don't know if I should say I'm happy to see you here. I guess this means you were summoned again...This century is a bit of a far cry from the French Revolution huh?"
"Yeah," Harian answered soberly, "what are you gonna do? I'm digging the new tech though. This is Gabriel by the way, I'm working with him his time around. Summoner's orders. And Nero, Zoya and Falarion."

Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild

Gabriel was very much enjoying himself, trying to balance his excitement with his honest desire to not make Harian pay too much for his meal. He'd figure out a way to repay her at some point. He divided his time between scanning the menu and watching his friends with a contented smile. He found himself occasionally glancing over over Harian but he still couldn't figure out why.

"All of your ideas, huh? We'll see, I suppose."

He teased her again, having long since decided that if she was going to go at him, it was only fair to fire back. He finally settled on something to eat, and while not exactly an adventurous choice, it was something he enjoyed quite a bit: Chicken Soulvaki with a side of stuffed tomatoes, baklava for dessert.

He was just about to sample the strange beverage that had been provided for them when Harian called the large man, Auros, back over. He sat his glass down, curious. And then the most unexpected thing that had happened all day occurred. Keanu, his old sensei, came over from another table. Immediately Gabriel jumped up from his chair and gave the man a very deep, respectful bow before pulling him into a hug, as old friends might.

"Sensei, it has been too long! I had no idea you knew Harian. And for that matter, I had no idea she knew you."

He turned to flash Harian smile, releasing the closest thing he had ever had to a father figure.

"Remember when I said the Dim Mak was forbidden for me to teach you unless you got permission from my teacher?"

He pointed at Keanu, still smiling.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Harian was just as surprised.
"He's your sensei? No wonder you idolize him in all those movies."
Keanu simply smiled.
Harian turned back to the immortal Reeves. "So, can I learn the thing?"
Keanu, still smiling, answered: "Absolutely not."
"Aw whaat?"
"Harian you're one of the most resourceful djinn I've met, as well as I know you, I think we both know that's a bad idea."
"It's a great idea! Just not for humans."
She was grinning now and let the topic rest.
"I assume you're working with the angels to try and manage what's been going on recently."
"You know about that?"
Keanu smiled. "I tend to know a lot." He paused, and then leaned closer to Gabriel for just a moment. "...be careful, there are a few players in this game, and most of them are not going to follow the rules."
He stood back, the same, serene smile on his ageless face. "Enjoy your meal."

Once Keanu had returned to the people he was sitting with Harian punched Gabriel playfully. "Man, you should have told me he was the one who trained you! Keanu's been in a few wars with me. I only got to know him well during the French Revolution though."

Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild

Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya

Gabriel returned to his seat, grinning like an idiot, as usual. He couldn't help but find himself in an amazing mood. It was a gift that he never imagined he would receive but was ecstatic about the entire situation.

"It's sort of a long story. He taught me a lot, and not just about combat."

He fell into deep thought for a moment, reflecting on the past. The smile turned into one of someone revisiting old, enjoyable memories. It had been only years since they last met, but felt like an entire life time.

After a few moments of silent thought, he met her eyes. His smile changed again, brighter. Gratitude. Joy. He was incredibly happy, far more so than his usual jovial self.

"Thank you. It's been too long since I've seen him. He.... Was the closest thing I had to a father for a long time."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild

Last edited:

Harian wanted to ask when Gabriel donned that nostalgic expression, but the look he gave her afterwards was a new one; brighter, more full, somehow. Harian felt drawn to it.
"Djinn don't have parents, but I think I get it. That whole..." She gestured vaguely, "family thing. It means a lot doesn't it?"
She thought for a moment, "at risk of you going all teary again, what about your, what's the word...biological? Family. Do you have one of those?"
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel grew quiet. Distant. Tme smile remained but his eyes dimmed a little. It was a painful memory. One he didn't like contemplating. But not so terrible that he wouldn't speak of it at all. Like a scar born of a horrifying accident, it was not enjoyable but it helped shape who he was.

"I... Would rather not talk about that right now... Sorry... At another time, in another place. I'd rather take today to just enjoy ourselves. There's been enough painful memories brought out already."

The silence hung there, a silken veil of calm over a painful morning. He retrieved his glass, raised it to eye level with a murmured 'Yamas.' and drank deep. The flavor wasn't something that could be described in mere words. It was an experience that only he could have, if the description was purely accurate. Hints of berry, mint, and other, less coherent tones churned together into a symphony of flavor.

"We'll talk about it later. If you're still curious, anyway. For now, let's enjoy a nice break from nearly dying every other day, yeah?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Interaction: Falarion, Gabriel, Harian, Nero, Zoya

Almost immediately, Falarion was pleased that Harian had an idea for the group. After all, he would have just directed them to the nearest deli and he knew not everyone would have been pleased with that. He wanted everyone to have fun and enjoy a meal together. He was so happy about them finding somewhere to eat, that he continued to seem blissfully unaware of Harian's casual death threats.

As they made their way past vendors, Falarion seamlessly left the group and then rejoined it at the entrance to the restaurant, now suddenly sporting a thin plaid scarf with a variety of reds, oranges, and yellows intertwined. He had it wrapped around his neck casually, in a way that oddly resembled how modern hipsters did it. He was very pleased with it and really hoped someone complimented it soon just so he would have an excuse to tell them how it reminded him of the sunsets in India.
Falarion had learned to not judge a book by its cover throughout all of his experiences with humans in India, so when they approached the dinky-looking building, his excitement did not wane. Sure enough, they entered the building and Falarion could not help exclaiming, "Wow!"
The place was gorgeous and far more luxurious than one would believe based on the outward appearance. Just as he was beginning to admire the patrons that had dropped their Glamours in here, Falarion was surprised to see who greeted their party. His eyes went wide at how massive the man was with his ox head, but he was almost immediately grinning when he heard the greeting and how the man spoke. The accent sounded funny to Falarion and he was pleasantly surprised when he was recognized for who he was with ease. He immediately dropped his own Glamour, allowing his monkey tail to be visible to all around him.
Delighted that he was greeted so politely, Falarion could not stop grinning while he gave Auros a polite bow from the waist down with his hands on either side. When he stood up straight again, his smile somehow widened even further and he said, "The pleasure is all mine, Auros!"
Falarion had never been all that great at acting his part when it came to being a deity. He rarely visited any of his shrines and in fact, he was not even sure if he had any shrines in existence. It was weird to for someone to great him by his formal name and recognize him as such. At the same time, he really liked the feeling of that recognition.
Falarion then noticed Harian's look of disbelief and promptly dropped his formalities to stick his tongue out at her.
As they were led further into the restaurant, Falarion's head was on a swivel and a grin plastered to his face, as he took in the many unique individuals present. He had never seen so many horns and tails on people with human-like traits such as himself. He did not hear most of the conversation between Harian and Auros, as he was too amazed by the people around him. Because of this, he also entirely missed the human joke.
Once they reached their table, Falarion finally snapped back to attention when Harian shattered a glass out of no where. He blinked at this until she explained and he witnessed the glass fixing itself.
At Harian's taunt, Falarion merely shrugged and said, "I'll be honest, my tail breaks more stuff than I could ever manage."
Logically, Falarion's comment made no sense, but it did make perfect sense in his head.

Hearing Nero's delight at an option on the menu, Falarion felt his curiosity spike up once more and he began scanning the options. Almost immediately, he perked up as well and exclaimed, "Tandoori-style paleo chicken skewers!" He paused and then sheepishly added, "A long name for them, but these are absolutely amazing."

When Auros approached the table again and poured them a drink, Falarion was wondering if it was water moments before Harian gave a vague explanation for it. Hearing it was a magical substance and strong, Falarion immediately thought about how strong and delicious his banana milkshake had been earlier. Maybe it would be the same flavor?
Falarion was distracted from the drink when Harian started acting weird and Auros even said so. He watched someone walk over to chat with them, but Falarion had no clue who the man was. Based on how Harian was acting, it seemed like people should know the man and Falarion slouched slightly as he knew that he was out of the loop once more. The name did not ring any bells either and so Falarion opted to try his drink while the others conversed.
The moment the liquid was in his mouth, Falarion's eyes bulged. He gulped down one sip and then immediately took another. The drink was unreal. He closed his eyes and took a third sip as he finally realized that he was tasting peach and banana mixed together in a milkshake. It was absolute heaven.
After his third sip, Falarion frowned slightly when he felt a weird tingling sensation in his head. He put the glass down on the table and glanced around at everyone, feeling weird. He could not place the feeling and merely sat in a confused silence while a weird lopsided grin slowly appeared on his face.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris

Stepping into the restaurant was almost nostalgic to Zoya, it reminded her of the supernatural freedom the old bar she’d sang at had, exciting her quite a bit as she eyed all the patrons curiously and practically skipped after the others to one of the more superior looking tables where she seated herself rather smugly. Her hands cupped her face as she smiled happily at her companions, she liked this very much. They were all clearly the most treasured of patrons.

Seeing the man that’d been in that film she’d watch with Gabe and Harian really threw her off, she was even more confused when they both knew him and never said anything about it. “John Wick is like Gabes dad.” Was all she whispered to herself, eyes flashing with mischief as she watched the three talk in her own unspoken delight. Her hands clasped together happily as she grinned.

When she finally looked at the menu all she did was pout for a moment, brows furrowed as she flicked it open and glanced. Pretending to scour over the stupid words was boring so she gave up, “there’s too much for me to pick from, someone pick for me!” She declared, leaving her menu open in front of her. Right now she’d rather get hit by that gargoyle all over again than admit to her lack of a basic skill. It dampened her mood to even think about it, at least now there was some type of wine to distract her. She took the smallest of sips, quirking a brow when it tasted just the perfect amount of bittersweet for her liking, it was rich in flavour and remarkably colourful in taste. How peculiar, Harian hadn’t lied when she said it would taste like the drink they would love most even if they hadn’t tried it. What a perfect excuse to down the whole contents of the small glass! Harian’s warning was only more of a reason to do it, no cautioning would scare Zoya away now.

For the brief seconds that passed from her drinking all the contents of the small glass, she felt fine and was ready to mock Harian for just making her warning up. Then it hit her like a brick wall. Zoya practically face planted the table in the aftermath of downing the glass, groaning as her head spun and slight regret kicked in for not savouring that wonderful tasting drink. Soon it quickly faded away into something more of a fairytale where she felt like she was floating and everything was a blur, she hadn’t felt this wonderful in years. A giggle escaped her as she attempted to prop her head up on her palms, failing multiple times as she lacked the coordination. “You guys should really try the drink,” Zoya recommended slowly with her words slurring, finishing with a poor attempt at a wink. “It’s really good.” She snorted to herself, everything seemed so funny. Her life? What a joke. Harian’s judgement? Hilarious. Gabe’s puns? The best things she’d ever heard.

Swivelling her head to look at the others, Zoya scrunched up her face excitedly and beamed when she saw Falarion had also drank the drink. “He is a man of culture,” she nodded pleased, waving her finger at the monkey tailed boy before turning it into a terrible seated dance. Glancing back at the blond boy her mouth fell open in wonder as she noticed the article of clothing that he wore, “I love your scarf, the colours are so pretty!”

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Harian seemed a little disappointed, but shrugged and turned to the others. She noticed Zoya comb the menu, watcher her eyes. If someone was reading, their eyes flicked across the page, back and forth. Zoya's eyes did not do this. When the tossed the menu aside, seemingly frustrated Harian arched an eyebrow, but if she had thought anything of it she kept it to herself.
It didn't take long for either her or Falarion to have too much of the special wine. Harian gave a small laugh.
"Well, I warned them." She took a small sip from her own glass. "If you guys can't stand after this I'm leaving you here."
The djinn went back to her menu quietly, opting for something new this time: a savoury dish cooked with jackfruit and squash. Harian was new to eating, and her ability to turn into most things on the menu had put her off consuming them. It just felt...wrong.
Auros came personally to take their orders. He gave Zoya and Falarion dubious glances.
"Zere first time having future sight wine hmm?" He rolled his eyes, as if he had seen this many times before.
"Do let me know if you need assistance 'arian ma chere."
"It's okay Auros, just chuck 'em in the gutter if they get annoying."
He sighed, and left. Harian took advantage of their friends' inebriated states to ask a few questions:
"Hey Zoya, what were you doing before this? That bit at the bar couldn't have been everything right?"
Feywild Feywild Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya

Unlike a certain duo, Gabriel knew better than to shoot the whole glass in one go. He had never truly needed to pace himself when drinking, but was also wise enough to not ignore the advice of someone far more knowledgeable about such things than he was. Not that he would ever admit to her knowing a great deal more than he himself did. He took small sips of the ambrosia-like drink, finally settling into a comfortable buzz. Not entirely bombed, but enough to take the edge off the evenings' less than wonderful experiences while heightening the more enjoyable ones.

He shot a sideways grin at Harian, jerking a thumb at their supremely intoxicated friends.

"Don't look now, I think the kids are drunk. You should have a drink too. You said it worked on everyone right? You could use a drink as much as I do, at the very least."

It was when she started asking Zoya questions that he quieted down. He was honestly very curious about the other members of the team. He knew next to nothing about any of them, even the ones he considered friends.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

“Hey! I am not a kid I’ll have you know, I am at least a somewhat responsible Faerie and I am much older than you child!” Zoya protested obnoxiously at Gabe after catching what he said. “I bet I’ve gotten drunk more than any of you, I am no child.” Her nostrils were flared as she stared indignantly at Gabe and Harian. “Both of you need to drink your drinks and have fun.” She added in a sour tone with her voice just as slurred as before, not reading the mood he’d meant to convey accordingly as she played with her empty glass in her hands. Putting it down a few seconds later as she mused over what’d just occurred with a pout.

“Before the bar?” She sang softly after a moment of processing and forgetting that she’d just been annoyed, a blank look clearing her face she thought for a moment. “I’ve done a lot! Most of it’s boring! Some of its very bad!” Zoya finally exclaimed, slapping her hands onto her face dramatically before bursting into giggles. “Before I bribed that nice demon to let me sing in his bar I had to wander around, it was fun at first! But I was sad because I was all alone.” She fake cried to emphasise her point, voice high pitched as she mocked herself in a drunken stupor. She carried on for a few seconds before freezing, then slumping in her seat as she glanced at her hands. “I wish I could go back sometimes. I miss everyone.” She frowned, arms snaking around her waist as she hugged herself out of her now real pity. “I miss her the most.”

Zoya’s was ready to drown herself in her own sea of sorrow, until the most strangest of scenes entered her head and cut her away from her hazy reality. She jolted up in her seat, eyes wide after it finished and she snapped out of a daze she hadn’t known she was in. Her hands felt heavy as she raised them to pat her face to check she was real, settling after a few pats that she was in fact here in this fancy restaurant with some of her new friends and not somewhere entirely different and dark. “I just saw something really weird.” A suspicious expression was worn on her face as she regarded the others with narrowed eyes, a growing manic smile on her lips . “You guys, I think it’s time. I think I’ve finally gone mad after all these years!” She barked out a sharp laugh, twiddling with her hair as she now hummed innocently to herself with a smaller version of her smile splayed on her lips.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

"Gabe you're the youngest one here." Harian backed Zoya up, waving at him dismissively.
She took another sip but when he encouraged her she paused, looking over the rim of her glass slyly.
"Of course I need a drink, I've been stuck with you all day." She was smiling, "though, with a question like that I have to wonder about your endgame Allbright. If you're hoping I'll let my guard down then forget it. I don't do that."
She settled back and listened as Zoya slurred out an answer to her question. Some of what she said piqued Harian's curiosity greatly. Her heart went out to the Vila when she mentioned others. She could relate, being so far from her own home.
She was about to ask who "her" was, when Zoya went rigid. Harian's smile fell. She watched Zoya for a moment, holding a hand out to anyone who would interrupt the episode.
"It's a vision." She explained. "The future sight wine can grant visions to those with the gift. Nobody touch her."
When she came back to them she seemed slightly rattled. The "something weird" that she saw was anyone's guess.
"No, you're not mad, you're just drunk, and prophetic apparently. You better remember what you saw tomorrow. Jeez you haven't even had your food yet..."

The meals arrived soon after, steaming and arranged beautifully on glittering crystal plates. Everything smelled divine.
Harian watched Zoya carefully out of the corner of one eye while she tucked her napkin into her lap.
"Bon appetite!" She said with a raised fork.

Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian with anyone who wants to write

Gabriel merely rolled his eyes at Harian's age comment, still smiling like an idiot. The buzz helped.

"Maybe. But I can technically live as long as any of you. Perks of. You know. Never being able to age. Not truly immortal, just theoretically indefinite longevity. As long as you don't shoot me first, grumpy. And what could I possibly have to gain from you lowering your guard? The secret Pepsi recipe?"

He contented himself with his meal for a time. It brought back good memories of a more simple time. Times when he wasn't fighting for his lift, or the very fate of the world itself. For the first time in ages, he felt truly at peace. Regardless of how much they teased each other, regardless of how often they got on each other's nerves or got angry at one another, he counted everyone at the table amongst his greatest friends. Even Nero, even having only known him for a short while and never spoken much to him, but he felt they would get along just fine anyway. After all, fighting the good fight draws people together.

Gabriel took a moment to glance at each of them in turn, smiling a very special smile to himself. A smile that proclaimed his acceptance and enjoyment of those he had surrounded himself with.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:

A quiet, contemplative Nero listened to the others interact the same way that he always did. Keeping to the sidelines and remaining silent was simply one of his strongest assets, though it could also be seen as a minor hindrance.
Someone or something, watching all too closely, personally considered it a major fault.

The nephilim clapped his hands together as the food finally arrived and soon his eyes had no interest in anything other than the steaming plates of food before him. He'd almost dug into the lasagne with tooth and nail when the glass of the strange liquid caught his attention from the corner of his eye. The effects of it weren't lost upon him since he'd been listening in when Harian described it's effects, but he was also weary of mysterious fluids in general - a bad encounter with a pond of deceptively clear pond water and a week of stomach pains had seen to that. The curiosity of what taste he enjoyed most roused him into gripping the glass between timid fingers and tilting it back to take a sip. His face immediately scrunched up at the flavor.

"It tastes like fermented grapes!" he murmured to himself, still hesitant to draw unnecessary attention his way. "I thought it was supposed to taste like what I enjoy... what I like... most..."

Without any hesitation, Nero tilted his head back in sync with the glass, downing the entire drink in one go. The change in his mannerisms were subtle at first: a relaxed posture, glazed-over eyes, and slow, controlled breathing. Then quite suddenly, he tugged the cup away from his mouth with an exaggerated flourish, smacking his lips together loudly and tossing the now-empty glass over his shoulder to shatter against the floor beside another group of patrons.

"'Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.' Checkmate, brothers - just earned myself a one-way ticket back, and far sooner than I expected with events unfolding as they are. Bittersweet."

Nero was certainly still Nero, at least one the outside, though he now sported a cocky grin that didn't quite suit his youthful appearance. It was hard to place just exactly what had happened to him and there wasn't much time to ponder it as he soon had Falarion's tail in his hand. A few experimental tugs later, it was tossed playfully back at the inebriated Monkey King. "Did you know that they have a fighting style named after this particular state you're in? The Drunken Monkey or Drunken Fist, it's called. Whoever decided to call it that must have had quite the vivid imagination." He halted the sarcasm just long enough to gesture over at the far-too content Gabriel, then leaned in and mumbled, "How much do you want to bet that our resident demonslayer doesn't even know that one?"

Not a second was wasted before his attention had turned to Zoya. Unlike with Falarion, Nero stared her right in the eye whether or not she was looking back. "Trust me of all people when I say that madness is in the eye of the beholder... as is beauty, my dear." These words were followed by a not-so-subtle wink that likely would never have come from Nero had it not been for the circumstances. However, his tone pitched to one more sympathetic and somber when he added, "Loneliness isn't forever. You can also trust my words when I say that even the most lowly of us have found some semblance of companionship, for better or worse. You are far from being what most of us exiled and outcasts would call 'lowly'. Take that as you will."

Lastly, Nero's mischievous gaze settled on Gabriel and Harian sat across from him. These two he offered a long, uncomfortable silence, before he finally let out a drawn-out sigh. "Of course the man has ulterior motives; he's a human, remember? A human with strong feelings and an even stronger, odd desire to suppress them. I'd say the efforts and restraint are borderline chivalric, Gabriel. Bravo." Nero hadn't much experience with either of the two aside from the few things he'd seen firsthand on missions, unfortunately. It was still enough to send a few more words their way. Had the grin on his face grown even more coy than it already was? "And I hate to be, well, Me's advocate, but you're the very same way, Harian." Once again he clapped his hands together, settling back into the cross-legged position he'd started in, though this time he mimicked Harian's act of folding a napkin neatly in his lap, gathering up a knife in one hand and a fork in the other. "All this means is that I wish you both the best. Watch over me, will you? Wouldn't want myself to get hurt out there."

What he didn't add was that they reminded him of how he felt about someone over two decades ago. Nostalgia on his mind, his last words were a whisper to himself, "Say hello to Jophiel for me, boy." It was growing increasingly risky to stick around with so many powerful foes - as well as a few friends - all in one place and he could only be here for so long. The boy had been repressing his presence far more often lately and it had weakened his influence. Perhaps the group would see Nero as more interesting with this new alternate personality, demon possession, or whatever they deemed it, and the thought brought a wicked cackle spilling from his lips.
Just as suddenly as it had started, it disappeared. "Buon appetito!" Nero exclaimed with a happy, far more innocent half-grin right before he dug into the food with the fork and knife that were now in hand, as though they'd been there all along. If he seemed affected by the outburst, he didn't show it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Lioness075 Lioness075

She could feel the effects of the wine slowly creeping into her being. Harian enjoyed the drink, but had never felt comfortable enough to take more than a single sip. This time, surrounded by a company of gentle, well-intentioned, good-hearts, it was a little easier.
Harian smiled at Gabriel in mock-sympathy. "Spoken like a true toddler of the immortal realm. Awww, T'es trop mignion toi!...you are absolutely adorable." She reached up to ruffle his hair with teasing affection.

Harian's first clue to something off was when Nero frowned at his drink. She didn't have time to dwell on it before something far stranger happened. Nero's body posture, expression and tone all changed in a snap instant. For someone who's survival depended on adopting even the tiniest of mannerisms to complete a form, it was like looking at an entirely different being.
She had seen possession many times. It wasn't something unusual when you lived in a world of myth and legend, but this spirit, if that was even what it was, was powerful. Very powerful.
"Back" he said in a lazy, confident manner. Back from where?
The clues were trickling in slowly and the answer that began building in Harian's mind sent chills straight through her essence.
When it finally clicked, Harian looked like a deer caught in the headlights. It couldn't be...She glanced at Gabriel to see if he had drawn the same conclusions: Nero could wield an angel's blade, now this entity appears, taking Nero easy as breathing, claiming to return to where? Harian cold only assume it was here...or perhaps someplace higher... A sudden quiet rage began to bubble deep in her chest. Jophiel had known. All along he'd known.
Just as quickly as the entity had appeared, Nero slipped back into his normal self, continuing to eat as if he hadn't just delivered cryptically-insightful messages to each around the table, but Harian still sat stock still, unsure of what to do with this new information.
Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya

Seeing everyone else enjoying their drink, Gabriel decided to have maybe just one more sip. Or two. Three wouldn't hurt.

Even the ever tense and angry Harian seemed to be relaxing and he slowly felt his brain start to buzz slightly. He had misjudged the strength of the potent brew, despite his best efforts to pace himself and remain at least mostly in control of his mental faculties. Not quite smashed, but well beyond a mere buzz, he was just at the point where ones mouth doesn't wait for their brain before speaking. At her comment, and subsequent teasing, he gently took hold of her outstretched hand and met her eyes. He was quiet for a long moment, just staring.

"Adorable? That may be true too, but... Echete ta pio ómorfa mátia. I Afrodíti tha syrriknoúse me éntoni zília."

He released her hand as Nero began his tirade. It was a very sobering experience. His eyes focused intently, the smile falling from his face. This was not an outcome he could have ever imagined. Even in his addled state, the gears in his mind ground ever on, putting the pieces together. When he was finished, Gabriel stared at the boy for a moment. He looked to Harian, the only one he knew to be more knowledgeable than himself. Their eyes met, and he gave the slightest nod, barely perceptible. Things just got a lot more intense.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075

Whatever Gabriel's reaction to her teasing, Harian was not expecting that. He caught her hand gently and it was the gentleness that first threw her off. They locked eyes and there was something in that gaze that held her in place.
"What are you--?"
The words were old but not foreign, and when her mind adjusted for the language and the meaning came clear Harian looked visibly startled.
It had been then, right then when Nero had begun his strange rambling, so toward the end of all of it Harian had such a mix of emotions rushing through her mind it was hard to think.
Finally she stood up, the motion so sudden it sent her chair backwards.
"I need to go."
She turned and marched stiffly for the door. Rushing past Auros who had been bringing their complementary desserts.
"'Arian? Where are you going?" He questioned, but she kept walking.

It was still daylight, the street bustling with tourists and vendours. Harian made a beeline for the bank of the Seine not a stone's throw from the restaurant door. She leaned on the rail, looking out over the water as the petals from the flowering trees fell all about, decorating the stalls lining the river that sold prints of the cathedral that now stood in ruin just on the other bank.
She was going to kill Jophiel. How could he keep something this big a secret? He must have known how dangerous it was to bring Nero in, but she didn't have all the pieces, and the lack of knowledge made her even angrier.
Then there was the justicar...He was drunk. That's all that was. If it was possible, humans became even more idiotic when they were intoxicated.
It isn't like a human has never looked at you that way before...
But before had been different. She had been ordered. She had been trying to look alluring so she could steal something, or murder someone. She hadn't been trying now. Harian had taken the only form that gave her a modicum of comfort; nested in fond memories, like the city was, but her eyes? Her eyes she kept, only hid their colour when she absolutely had to. Her eyes were the only feature in a thousand forms that were truly her own...and he had called them beautiful.

Auros set the desserts down on the table, looking baffled.
"Iz something ze matter?" He questioned the group good-naturedly.
Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

For his part, Gabriel was just as shocked at Harian's reaction as he had been to his own words moments later when he actually realized what he had said. The duel hits from Nero's sudden outburst and her less than appreciative reaction to his.... Idiocy... Had gone a ways towards ridding his mind of the intoxicated state he had stupidly allowed himself to fall into.

Well, congratulations big shot, you fucked everything up again with your big mouth.

When the kindly Auros returned to their table with questions, he didn't quote know how to answer. So he settled for the one response that came most naturally.

"Oh you know, proving once again that I'm a huge fuck up. Say, do you have anything that can make you feel the effects of alcohol less than normal? I think my usual application of B6 isn't going to cut it."

Gabriel went back to the time-honored tradition of kicking himself mentally, running over several options about how to try and fix his latest horrible mess.

If you were half as good at fixing messes as you were at digging yourself into holes, maybe the world wouldn't be ending. You absolute twit.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Location: The Immortal Restaurant - La Vache D'or --> Just Outside

Falarion was baffled when Zoya skimmed the menu in a rush and then declared that she did not like any of the options. But there were hundreds to choose from! He gave her a perplexed look and then decided to be the one to help out.
Shrugging, he skimmed the menu again and then suggested, "Well, um, *hic* There's some shrimp alfredooo. Not sure how *hic* you feel about seafood and spaghettio together." He nodded unnecessarily after saying this before also raising both eyebrows at her instead of just one like Harian did.

When Zoya downed her drink in one fell swoo, Falarion's eyes widened and he choked out a delight laugh. He had been at least smart enough to only drink a few sips compared to the others, some of whom were quickly becoming drunk. He still could not quite place the weird tingling sensation, but he definitely was feeling happier than usual and did not want to get too moody or start crying like some of the others. He was content with the few sips he had already enjoyed.

Out of the blue, Zoya was looking at him and Falarion blinked at her when *finally* someone complimented his scarf. His expression instantly brightened and he exclaimed, "Right?! It *hic* reminds me of the *hic* sunsets in India!" He smiled widely, thrilled that he had finally gotten the recognition he had wanted.
Falarion did not really understand where his hiccups had come from, but they sounded rather funny and he giggled to himself about it.
Absentmindedly, he began twisting his scarf this way and that in his hands. The fabric was so soft, he just wanted to hug it...so he did. To anyone looking at him, Falarion was simply hugging himself.

When Zoya responded to Harian's question, Falarion was really confused. What was a fairy? It sounded weird and Falarion stopped hugging himself while he simply stared at Zoya. Her roller coaster of emotions had him laughing all over again, intermittently hiccuping here and there.
Apparently, Zoya had a vision at some point and Falarion just stared at her dumbly, while still hiccuping. Maybe she would see one of his favorite sunsets from India. Alas, whatever she saw had troubled her and Falarion wished Zoya still had more of her drink to enjoy. Except she was suddenly happy again and Falarion just gave her a confused smile at this point.

At this point, the food had arrived and Falarion happily ate away, trying really hard to not poke an eye out with his skewers. After finishing one entire skewer, his hiccups were finally gone. He still felt happier than he usually was and that was saying a lot for him.

It was at this time that Nero finally joined the party, though he was speaking and acting...different. He was not sure why anyone was eating Nero's flesh or drinking his blood, but to each their own. Falarion just gave the boy a warm smile and nodded like this was all so normal. Abruptly, the boy had Falarion's tail in his hands and Falarion let out a surprised yelp when he tugged a few times. It was hard for him to be angry for long though, as he got his tail back and promptly hugged it tightly. He gave Nero a slightly hurt look as he said, "It's not nice to pull someone's tail."
Hearing about the fighting style, Falarion dropped his tail and then widened his eyes while pursing his lips at Nero. "Oooh, that sounds cool!" He exclaimed while leaning into Nero's conspiratory whisper.
Falarion giggled at the idea that Gabriel did not know this kind of fighting style. Oblivious to the fact that he did not know the fighting style himself, Falarion whispered, "Maybe I could teach him!"
Nero went on to talk to the others, but Falarion was now distracted by imagining how this fighting style would look. Maybe he just had to invent it. That made sense. After all, only the Monkey King could think of such a brilliant fighting style.

Glancing across the table, Falarion tilted his head to the side at Harian's shocked expression. Blinking, he asked, "What'ss wrong with you?"
He had timed the question poorly though, as Gabriel seemed to distract Harian entirely and Falarion merely sighed. Poking at his second skewer, Falarion muttered, "Stupid lovebirds."
As if on cue, right after he muttered this, Gabriel went on to say something to Harian that sounded endearing, but was most definitely not in a language he recognized. He stared blankly at his friend and then looked back at Harian to see her expression. She looked stricken and almost...terrified. Falarion furrowed his brows at this, his mind struggling to give him something encouraging to tell her.
He never got his chance to though, as Harian suddenly stood up and bolted for the door. Falarion looked sideways again at Gabriel and pursed his lips again at his friend lamenting now.
Abruptly, Falarion also stood up and declared to the table, "I'll go, um, help Harian. Yeah."
Set on the idea now, he turned away and trailed after Harian, only bumping into a wall once.

Falarion exited the restaurant and paused when he saw the petals falling from trees nearby. He grinned up at them and was distracted for a good minute before he looked back down and saw Harian. Right, he was on a mission.
Trying to look serious, he walked over to her and then climbed up onto the railing, sitting causally beside her with his tail dangling behind him. He had forgotten to use his Glamour to hide the tail, but most people seemed to just give him a weird look nearby instead of making a big deal out of it. It came out of a small hole made in his pants, so it could easily just be a prop to most people seeing it.
Unable to resist looking at the petals again, Falarion looked up and smiled.
"It's so beautiful here, isn't it?"
He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before exhaling slowly. He opened his eyes again and then looked down at Harian beside him. He tilted his head at her and then asked, "Why'd you leave like that?"
He paused and then added, "You looked upset inside. I don't understand...Gabriel said something nice to you, didn't he?"
Falarion scratched at the back of his neck, wondering what he should say next. His mind felt foggy and he could not focus long enough on anything to make sense of it. It was really pretty out here, though. The petals continued to fall around them and one landed in his hair, getting stuck among his bangs. He crossed his eyes, trying to see the petal tickling his forehead.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

When Harian heard the footsteps behind her she felt her chest ice over, thinking it might have been Gabriel. But Falarion came to sit on the rail beside her. She threw him an annoyed look and turned away, though his comment on the beauty of the place surprised her.
"Yeah...it is." She agreed quietly, her tone still guarded.
She bristled when questioned about leaving and it was only then did she turn to glare up at him.
"What makes you think I'm out here because of the justicar?" She snapped. All the more defensive because it was partly true.
"Something's up with Nero...Jophiel knows what, I need to talk to him. He owes me, everyone, the truth."
She pulled her phone out of her pocket and held it up. "So I was calling Jophiel. That is why I am out here. Damn angel's probably not back from touring the city yet. He better have his phone charged."
Jophiel was absolutely useless with modern tech. Harian had been the one of program all their numbers into his phone and add him to the group chat.
"Go back inside Falarion, I don't want you wandering off and have to come back out here looking for your ass."
Lioness075 Lioness075

Falarion was happy to hear that Harian agreed with him about the beauty of this place. He was really distracted by this petal though. He started trying to blow at it while still looking at it cross-eyed, but stopped when he heard Harian's defensive tone. He gave her a perplexed look and blinked rapidly when she went off about Gabriel.
She went off about Nero out of the blue and acted as if she was going to call Jophiel, but Falarion merely laughed and said, "You really like dancing around topics you don't like, don't you?"
He started kicking his feet back and forth through the railing and continued, "Gabriel was right, you should definitely drink some of that *drink*. It made me so happy. Don't you want to be happy, Harian?"
Falarion blissfully continued to swing his feet, oblivious to Harian if she had reacted to what he just said. Out of the blue, he suddenly took the petal from his hair and held it out for Harian while saying with a smile, "A pretty petal for a pretty girl!"
He then hesitated and asked, "Wait, would this make Gabriel jealous?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Harian stared at him, affronted. He didn't believe her?
"Dancing--you know what? I don't have time for this." She pushed off from the railing, her intention was to leave the irritating monkey to his ramblings. She wanted to confront Jophiel.
"Don't you want to be happy, Harian?"
She froze. He probably hadn't meant to hurt. Harian told herself that after the fact. He was stupid, and drunk and that made it all too easy to speak without thinking. But the words cut, deeper than Harian would ever have admitted. She turned on him, a dangerous spark in her poison-green eyes.
"Happy. Yeah, you'd know a lot about happiness." Her voice was deadly quiet. "You can't even fathom another state of mind can you? You're sooo happy all the time right? But you know? It's too bad your humans aren't. The ones who idolize you? Revere you? Especially the ones starving in that country I found you in. The ones who can't afford medicine? Dying everyday of preventable diseases, being kidnapped and sold as slaves or worse. I mean, you could be helping them, but you're here getting drunk instead. It's too bad they can't be as idiotically happy and carefree as you. Suffering tends to put a damper on happiness Monkey, not that you seem to know anything about what suffering is." She had been closing the distance, slowly but surely, until she was an arm's length from him. "I can't believe anyone would celebrate your name if they knew what a joke you are."
As she spat those final words she lashed out, shoving him, hard, backwards towards the ten foot drop and the river below.
Lioness075 Lioness075

Time: After the Paris fight
Interaction: Nero, Zoya, Harian, Gabriel and Falarion

He washed his hands as he checked over his look. It was the first time he got to dress up all fancy since he'd been back on the mortal plane. Phillip wore a decent suit which was above his usual look. He needed to shave but whatever, it was just a dinner....with others.

He let out a cough as he walked out the bathroom door. His stomach growled along the way, fine dining had a way of making him hungry. When he reached the table where the others sat Phillip took his seat next to the boy Nero. The smell of his food drifted to his nostrils. Spaghetti and meatballs. Good enough for him.

He listened in on the others conversation while he ate in peace. He noticed how Nero kinda did the same, which may have been why he decided to sit next to the kid. He noticed a cup next to him, and feeling thirsty he decided to drink from it. Not knowing its magical contents.

The taste of sweet milk made him smile.

He looked over at Nero and held up the glass. "Did you order this for me? This place looks to fancy to serve milk, but I like it all the same." He then drowned the rest of it and looked around for more. "My names Phillip, by the way, I don't think we've met really. Besides, just from a glance you look to young to be a part of saving the world. What's your story kid? If you mind me askin."

He'd then offer Nero his hand, a formal shake. However it was more of a test than anything else.

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back