• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Falarion, Harian, and Gabriel

"Wha-"
Falarion started to say as he tried to twist and see where Harian was going. Was it the petal offering that upset her? Maybe it was because she wanted Gabriel to give her a petal instead.
Falarion flinched when he saw Harian turn on him, though. He could see it in her eyes and he knew despite being tipsy that he had hit her somewhere it hurt. Badly. Regret immediately filled him and he tried to think of a way to back peddle, but his tongue felt heavy and his mind was still addled. What had he said wrong?
Her first words had him feeling uneasy and Falarion worriedly looked around to see if anyone else had come to check on Harian like he did. He was alone.
As Harian continued, guilt and regret began to seep through his never-ending happy demeanor. Falarion's smile wavered and he blinked. He opened his mouth to try and say something, but Harian just kept going. And going. And going.
At this point, Falarion was dumbstruck and merely stared at Harian. He had no words, no reply he could even think of if he had been clear-minded. He did not even realize he was holding his breath until she rushed forward and shoved him backwards. He made no attempt to resist or grab the railing he had sat on. He simply let it happen.
A sudden rush of cold chilled him to the bone, as he crashed into the river below. Only then did he finally remember breathing would be helpful, except now he could only breath in water. Choking, he swam for the surface and broke it, gasping for air and coughing up a bit of water in the process. In his disoriented state, he swam for the nearest ledge and pulled himself onto it. Rolling over, he gasped for air for a few minutes and then slowly sat up, leaning back on one of his hands.
Falarion glanced up and then realized he had ended up on the opposite side of the river, on a small dock of sorts that led up to yet another marketplace. He started to think about what he could get and then suddenly realized with a start that his scarf was no longer around his neck. His heart began to race and he sat up straight, scanning the river for it, but could not see it. He sighed at this and then realized belatedly that his knapsack was missing, too. Not only had he lost his new scarf, but now his Polaroid camera, recent photographs, and knickknacks from the city were all gone. He leaned forward with his elbows resting on his knees, letting his feet dangle into the river. He stared at his reflection in the river, ripples constantly distorting his face. What kind of god am I?

Falarion soon heard Gabriel's voice in the distance, but he did not want to look up and face Harian's wrath again. He was such an idiot. He had never drank alcohol before and had not been aware of what it would do to him. Had he known, he would have abstained from it and just enjoyed another drink.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

Interaction: Harian with anyone who wants to write

Harian watched him fall, even felt an iota of pleasure as she saw the splash he made. It took her a moment to realize that she'd held onto the strap of his bag, which now hung loosely in her hand. Harian's mind went racing to the photo he'd taken and her anger flared again. She bent to rummage through his things and retrieve it, with every intention of tearing it to pieces. It was when she saw the picture however that she paused, the paper between her fingers, ready to be rent in two. She saw her own face, how happy she looked there in that moment, Gabriel smiling down at her and suddenly her hands wouldn't move. She wanted it gone. It was a promise of something she could never have, should never reach for...but...
Harian let out a breath she had not known she'd been holding, her fingers moved to trail the image delicately before tucking the photo away in a pocket on the inside of her vest. She felt water on her cheek. Her eyes were wet. When had that happened? Harian stood...and was confronted almost immediately by Gabriel.

His sudden appearance made her jump and for one desperate moment she thought he would question her about the bag and the photo, but he was asking what was wrong. She didn't answer, turning slightly to dab her eyes with a sleeve.
His words were hard to believe. She was sure he'd seen what happened. Falarion hadn't deserved what she'd done, and Gabriel's compassion was making her feel worse about it.
"You probably hate that I even exist..." That made her look up. It was so far from the truth, she wanted to yell it, but she was afraid to speak. Afraid of what else she would say. So she didn't speak, instead she took comfort in the support he offered. Her anger began to cool at the gentle sound of his voice.

Harian let the silence grow between them for a moment before looking down and letting a guilty smile play in the corner of her mouth.
"I shoved Falarion into the river. I...guess I lost my temper." She looked up at Gabriel then, a faint smile, letting him know that she was all right.
"Well, if you're not leaving, then maybe you can help me find him. I need to give this back." She held up the bag with a tired resignation.

She gave the bag to Gabriel to hold while she changed into a crow to scour the bank for Falarion. It didn't take long; he looked like he was feeling fairly sorry for himself.
He was still there by the time she returned in human form, Gabriel beside her.
She went to sit down next to him, looking out over the river.
"Hey." Harian kept her tone gentle, and waited for a moment before speaking again.
"Look, what I said...back there...I...it wasn't fair. You were trying to help. I knew that but, well, maybe I wanted to take it the wrong way...I shouldn't have made you feel responsible for the happiness of those people...I mean, they're human, all the misery they suffer? They do it to each other, there's no god's hand in that, and gods can't fix it single-handedly either."
Harian made a face at the river. This was hard. She couldn't remember the last time she had actually apologized for anything.
Instead of saying more, she put his bag on the dock beside him and stood up, going back to Gabriel.
"Come on, we'd better get back and make sure the rest of the "kids" haven't had even more to drink or Auros is never going to let me eat there again."
Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

((we're comin' back now Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit MrBossMan MrBossMan ))

Falarion continued to stare at his rippling reflection for what felt like hours, but had likely only been a couple minutes. Just as he was about to sigh yet again, he heard the footfalls of at least two people approaching. He had a feeling he would know these two people and he tried to sit up straighter and even managed to plaster on a fairly confident smile. He let it wane when Harian joined him though, since he felt like he might weird her out if he smiled while she apologized. The apology seemed heartfelt enough, but the words had already been said and the sting had already been felt. Still, he held her gaze and tried his best to convey the happiness everyone knew him for. He smiled again despite the pain he had felt and he cheerily replied, "It's okay! I just strive to make as many people as possible happy and sometimes picking someone up when they've fallen down is the best thing you can do for them."
Falarion's eyes widened when he saw his knapsack and he squealed in delight, momentarily forgetting why Harian was even apologizing to him. He dug through the bag and immediately pulled out his Polaroid camera, cradling it for a moment before looking out at the river. He hastily blinked away a tear and took a deep breath before he held out the camera and poked around at it to make sure it was not damaged. Once satisfied, he stashed it away in his bag and then began rifling through to find his many knickknacks safe as well.
When Falarion pulled out his stash of photographs though, he began slowly sifting through the small pile, smiling to himself as he relived old memories and became oblivious to the world around him, if only for a moment.
Quietly, Falarion whispered to himself, “With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.” He smiled and shifted the photographs to look at a different one now. This one was of a young woman, sitting in a coffee shop with a coffee cup at the upper corner of the table. She was focused and leaning over, a small paintbrush in hand, as she continued working on some art, which was mostly hidden by her hunched figure. The shot was taken as if the camera had been sitting on the table. The girl’s focused expression was highlighted with a ray of sunlight hitting her at just the right angle. Her eyes were a deep blue and contrasted beautifully against her tanned skin and dirty blonde hair. There was a hint of a smile on her face, as if she knew Falarion was beside her, but was trying really hard to act like he was not.

Last edited:
Interaction: Nero, Zoya, Phillip

Nero had been too preoccupied with the meal in front of him to notice the sudden shift in attitude around the table and was oblivious to his half-hand in it, but he did notice when Harian left the table with Falarion soon following suit. All he could manage was a small frown before reaching out to give the drink another try. All he got was an empty cup. Strange, considering he didn't recall drinking more than his initial sip. And why was he beginning to feel warm? The place had been just the right temperature when they'd arrived.

When Phillip joined them at the table, Nero honestly couldn't remember whether he'd been there before or not. A plate of food and a cup of the mystery beverage was ready for him regardless and he, Zoya and Phillip were now the only ones at the table.

"Call me Nero," he replied in a familiarly friendly manner, though it was slightly less reserved than his normal greetings. Phillip's eloquent state of dress was a stark contrast to his own - he wore the same hand-woven clothing that he always wore. "I don't mind at all, though I'm afraid that I'm not anything special. I felt that something was wrong with the world, left the forest that was my home and was told to come here by what I now know is a Djinn, one of our benevolent patrons on this journey."
Nero shrugged and belatedly reached forward, clasping his hand around Phillip's forearm as a way of greeting instead of the formal shake that Phillip had originally intended. It was difficult to tell whether it was the drink taking hold or just a stint of natural boldness. "Nice to meet ya, Phil. How about your story? I do love a good story."

MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion

She was okay. He had no idea why it mattered so much to him, but it felt as though a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders at her words. He placed a calm, reassuring hand on her arm, smiling down at her. He was relieved, happy.

"Everyone makes mistakes and says things they regret when they're angry. It's part of life. The important bit is making up for it."

Gabriel took the bag and followed after her as best he could. Eventually they found him, sitting alone. Harian took the bag and walked over as Gabriel stood a ways back. This was her moment. He was only there as support. He couldn't help but feel bad for his overly enthusiastic friend. He had never seen Falarion look so down before. Harian's apology seemed to help a bit, and that was the part that struck him most. She apologized. As she made her way back the small distance away that he stood, he met her eyes again. The smile be displayed was something of a mixed bag. Cheerful, proud, happy, and....something he might finally be beginning to understand. He watched Falarion silently for a moment, enjoying the sight of his friend in a good mood, before looking back at her. His smile changed into something a little more mischievous. Almost mildly playful in nature.

"I....have an odd question. And I need you to be as honest as possible with your answer. Would you ever maim, maul, or set me on fire, or otherwise cause me serious injury for doing something really stupid?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

TIME: After the Paris fight
INTERACTION: Zoya and Nero

It wasn't long after he drank the sweet milk his body started to react. He smiled, loosely and carefree throughout Nero's story as if it had been comedic. Phillip leaned in close to Nero hanging onto each of his words. Except he didn't know which Nero to lean into cause he saw two of them. What was in that sweet milk?

"The forest that was youse home? And you left it?" Phillip was obviously feeling the drink "Nero home is so import-ant, youse need to hang on to that home....the forest." He took a labored bite of his spaghetti, pasta noodles falling on his nice suit. Immediately he rose to his feet, kicking his chair back and picking madly at the noodles on his clothes.

"Gods damn it all! I can't never have nothin nice!" After feeling satisfied with his clean suit he sat back down, only trace evidence of sauce residue lingered on his clothes. "Between you and me Nero, don't trust the Djnn. I did that once, but those things, Djnn....they only care for themselves." He looked at Nero wide eyed and held his hands up defensively "or do hell I don't give a damn."

"Oh and my names Phillip that Phil shit just gets to me." He then took another bite of pasta. The whole time he took that bite he looked dead at Zoya....very awkwardly eating his noodles why he made eye contact. "I don't really have a story," he said to Nero as he looked at Zoya "basically I'm alive.....again....except this time my Master wants me to save the world. Or....well....actually he doesn't care if we save the world really. A bunch of people dying is just good job security for him. However if one of you die along the way it's my ass. Said so himself."

His arm suddenly wrapped around Nero shoulder and he looked at Zoya. "And imma protect you from anything. All monsters."

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild

Harian stared at the photograph of the woman in Falarion's hands. Her eyes flicked to the monkey god with a new understanding, a new appreciation. She stepped back from him quietly. As curious as she was, it was his moment. Perhaps she would ask later. Either way, Harian would from that day on, think better of being so harsh with him. Perhaps he did have a better understanding of the world than she thought.

When she returned to Gabriel, the look in his eyes made it hard to meet them, but somehow it was easier than it had been before. She felt heat rise through her essence, tied to her emotion. His more playful expression intrigued her and she found herself matching his roguish smile with her own.
"I will be as honest as my contract lets me." Harian said, spreading her hands and giving a small bow. His question instantly made her suspicious, and that reflected on her face.
"My bond prevents me from causing anyone on the team direct or indirect harm. I've been ordered to help you. You saw first hand what happens to me if I break that command...however," she shot him a dubious look. "I guess it depends how stupid that "something" is..."
Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Gabriel just kept smiling at her. Finally, he stepped closer. Less than a foot away, his expression changed. The smile he gave was one he had never worn before. It was a smile that somehow asked a question as much as it showed how happy he was just being there, in that moment.

"Possibly the most dangerous and recklessly stupid thing I've ever done."

He grew quiet and still, just staring into her eyes. His heart thundered in his chest. And he finally began to get a glimpse of what it had been trying to tell him the entire time.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Nero, Zoya and Phillip

In a matter of seconds after eating the food Falarion had ordered her, she chose to sit humming to herself, patting her cheeks as she did so in a dazed haze. Only snapping out of it when that man that’d tackled her showed up. Zoya snickered to herself when he got food on his clothes, finding it even more hilarious when he complained about it obnoxiously.

Then she felt his eyes on her. Glancing over again, she met Phil’s gaze and held it with narrowed eyes and a pout. He wasn’t talking to her, she was very convinced he was talking to her new friend who seemed to have two personalities, but he was cool she supposed. Still, in her state she was baffled to why he kept staring at her. “It’s rude to stare.” She sang lowly, smiling innocently at Phil as she shifted in her seat to stare with an unspoken intent back at him.

Continuing to listen to what Phil was saying, Zoya’s neutral face shifted to one of anger as her eyes narrowed and her brows creased. “That’s very nice you’re apparently going to protect him,” She sneered, her hands scrunching the fabric of her dress as she spoke, “but you say monsters like you’re talking about me.” She spat out, a sharp glare meeting Phil’s dumb gaze. He was so rude. Still no apology for being mean and he still thinks that she’s a monster. He was just an uncultured swine.

“I have not and will not forget how you... you....” she paused her dramatic shouting to scour her cloudy mind for the right words, smiling smugly when she found them, “how you brutalised me!” She finished triumphantly, her voice screechy as she jabbed a finger in Phil’s direction.

MrBossMan MrBossMan Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Gabriel's happiness meant a lot to her. She was only just beginning to accept that, but everything else she was feeling was almost impossible to untangle. As he stepped closer it felt as though someone had turned up the volume on all of those feelings. They were deafening in the silence of that placid, Parisian afternoon. She could not for the life of her guess his next move. What did he mean? She felt that something was going to happen, felt the fear, exhilaration course through her like a current, but it was new. It was all foreign ground and she had no compass.
"Gabriel...what?.."
Naberius Naberius

Last edited:
Time: After Paris fight
Interaction: Zoya and Nero

Phillip's arm removed itself from behind Nero's neck. His eyes were changing colors slower now, probably due to the alcohol, yet they stayed transfixed on Zoya. He wasn't seeing double while he looked at her, she was clear. Her words hit him like a poisonous waterfall cascading across his skin.

"Maybe it ain't polite to stare," he said to her "but I look where I please." He didn't know what was happening but he knew enough to know it wasn't gonna be good. His head seemed to be pulsing and he suddenly became aware of the weight of his chain around his neck. He broke eye contact with Zoya as she spoke again, jabbing his fork into a meatball and twirling the spaghetti.

"I'm sorry," he said to her slowly, saying the words she wanted to hear, trying hard not to slur. However he wasn't done, no, the cursed one usually dug his own grave. "A monster, Zoya, is anyone who isn't human. Anyone who doesn't look human. That cellar with the demon only reinforced just how much of a monster you are."

His gaze looked up again, meeting Zoya with white eyes. "I'm sorry you don't see it that way. But here, test it out and I'll prove it!" He looked around him, outside the glass windows and to the pedestrians walking along the river outside on the other bank. "Go over to them," he said to Zoya as he pointed at the humans. "Wipe away your glamour, try to hug one, and let's just see if they don't think you're a monster."

He then leaned back in his chair, tipping it on the back two legs. His arms were crossed and he was eyeballing Zoya heavily. A sly smirk formed across his lips.

"Please, go prove me wrong. See what the humans think of you. The humans you're so hell bent on saving."

Feywild Feywild

Nero had been prepared to offer Phillip a slurred thanks when the back and forth between him and Zoya sparked up. He was now beginning to feel just as strange as the other two were acting, but he still held some modicum of sense.

"I'll... be back." With deliberately slow and quiet steps, the boy retreated from his seat and quickly padded off on bare feet to the restroom. Whatever was about to happen, it'd happen between just the two of them.

Interaction: Nero, Zoya and Phillip

“I understand that you must just be looking at me because my mere presence is enrapturing to someone as pathetic as you.” She retorted, her grin feral as she pushed herself onto dead feet, almost toppling over as she did so. Her hands planted themselves onto the table as she supported herself, swaying where she stood, her head swimming with hate and spite.

Hearing him continue made Zoya only see red. Her savage grin dropped, replaced with pure fury as she snarled at Phil. “That would make most of us monsters then! You aren’t an exception, you are as much of a monster as the rest of us and I don’t even know what you are!” She hissed, seething that he would dare use something like that against her. “I was human you fool, I understand humans, it’s not my fault one of them murdered me and I became this!”

Flashing her angry gaze to the outside, she scowled, “You know nothing about me. I don’t even have a glamour. And I would absolutely love to see you go hug a human too you bastard and see their reaction to a stranger hugging them.” There was indents in the table, her anger was definitely taking root in her as she spiralled and lost control. Lunging across the table, Zoya threw a sharp punch at Phil’s eye. She didn’t care that she’d just ruined her new dress from the leftover plates, or that she was stuck in a predicament of being on the table, if she cared she wouldn’t have lashed out.

“Who even said I was hellbent on saving them? You’re even more of an idiot than I thought you were.”

MrBossMan MrBossMan

"Oh, you know. Just being an idiot."

In that moment, he stopped letting his brain do the thinking, and did what humans do best. He acted on pure instinct and raw emotion. Sure, the alcohol coursing through his system helped. Quite a bit. It was hard to be so embarrassed with your own idiocy when you were too drunk to think about it. He put his arm around her and pulled her close. He placed his free hand gently on her cheek. And he did something that even just days ago would never even have crossed his mind. He kissed her. It felt like the right thing to do. He finally found his way to the answer that his own socially awkward stupidity had been keeping him from.

It electrifying. like a bolt of lightning running through his veins. His heart pounded like a war drum. Time seemed to stand still. A thousand lifetimes passed in those few short moments. He pulled away, reluctantly. He looked deep into those beautiful emerald eyes.

"Told you it would be really stupid. And I meant what I said. I just didn't know you spoke that particular language."

Time: After Paris Fight
Interaction: Zoya

When Nero left Phillip hadn't even noticed. Looking to his side he suddenly found the boy wasn't there, leaving Zoya and Phillip alone. He probably felt the tension to and had the sense to leave. Phillip looked around for his glass but couldn't find it, the drink sounded good right now.

Apparently Phillip had struck a nerve with her. Seeing her warp the table with her bare hands, fling around and shout bitterly. He was still tipping his chair, arms folded, when she pounced across the table. A solid fist slammed into his left eye, sending him backwards with his chair. He hit the floor with a thud, his legs kicking the table as he fell sending spaghetti everywhere.

As he lay on the floor he was still in the chair. Forcing himself to roll over with a groan he covered his eye socket. The impact hurt but for the most part Phillip's body was numb. Courtesy of the godly alcoholic beverage.

"The difference between you and me," he said as he looked at the floor, cradling his eye. "I think you wanna change."

Falarion did not even try to act surprised when Gabriel pulled Harian aside before the pair left. His curiosity brought him out of his revery and he stashed away his photograph bundle in his knapsack. Quietly, he stood up from where he was sitting and then knelt at his knapsack. He pulled out his Polaroid camera and turned it on, a soft whirr sounding from it that luckily went unnoticed. He put on his knapsack and warily eyed the pair nearby, deciding how best to sneak up on them.
Moving away from where he had been sitting, Falarion quietly siddled his way along the dock until he was perfectly in line with seeing the two talking together. He moved as close as he was willing to get before they would absolutely notice him. He ended up about ten meters away. He grinned to himself, pleased with going unnoticed, though he was not surprised given how red and baffled Harian looked. He knew he was the last person on either of their minds right now.
Just as Gabriel went in for the kiss, Falarion’s camera went off with a loud click, the flash going off, and then it whirred again as it spat out the newest photograph for Falarion’s collection. Quickly, he swung his knapsack over his side and stashed the photograph deeply with the others so it could develop. He also mindfully put away his camera, knowing he might incite Harian’s anger again by doing this.
When he looked back at the pair, Falarion was grinning like an idiot and he stood up before Harian could potentially tackle him again. He practically skipped to the other side of the pair, casually moving himself away from the river.
In his best and loudest sing-song tone he could muster, Falarion sang, “Gabriel and Harian sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage. Then comes Harian with the baby carriage.”
Falarion then quickly snatched up a small pile of the petals falling everywhere and proceeded to toss a few over Gabriel and Harian’s heads.

Harian was too stunned to pull away. She felt his arm slide behind her back, she didn't fight as he pulled her close. Part of her would always wonder what would have happened, if she had stopped it. Right there. Her hands pressed against the warmth of his chest and she could feel the racing tempo of his heart. She felt her skin burn where Gabriel's hand brushed her cheek. She had to keep a conscious effort on dousing the energy, afraid she might hurt him, but it was hard to control with him pressed so close.
He kissed her. Her. Every instinct screamed at her to run. This couldn't be happening! Fighting with that however was something else, something slowly winning over the gut fear that had controlled her for so long.
Harian, for one brief moment, let that feeling take hold. Her hand came up, brushing the back of his neck, tangling in his black hair. She kissed him back, flooded by the pure joy of giving in. With her eyes closed she didn't even notice Falarion and his camera, so intent was she on losing herself in that one beautiful handful of time.
What the Hell am I doing?
He broke first and Harian leaned just a little closer before pulling back too, the spell shattering like crystal. She took him in, goofy smile and all. She wanted to stay like this, more than she had wanted almost anything...so she took hold of that feeling, and she strangled it.

Her eyes, warm as a summer forest before, turned cold. She cached the pain it caused her so deep behind a curtain of anger it would never be found on her face.
"Hope you enjoyed that." She said, voice like iced knives. "Because it won't ever happen again."
She pushed him roughly away and turned, acting as if it meant nothing. "You humans and your damn emotions." She glanced back, her easy smile was sharp, a warning. "Look, I like you justicar, but you're dreaming. Just because you say a few pretty words, make me feel bad for dumping the monkey in a river, that doesn't mean I'm going to leap into your arms and pledge myself to you forever."
She started back towards the bridge that would return them to La Vache D'or. "I joined the team against my will, to help you all not die. Don't assume that I am actually getting so attached to you that I won't up and leave the first chance I have."

And that was that. Harian did not look back, at either of them...no matter how much she wanted to.

Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

Gabriel froze. His mind began to spin, and that little voice in the back of his head took over. He didn't even react to her outrage. He simply put his hand in his pocket, took out the card that let him journey back to their secret hideaway, and tossed it into the water. That done, he silently walked away. He walked out into the Paris streets, using the skills he had honed to a razor edge to disappear. No matter how hard anyone may look, they would never find him again. He did what he did best. What he had been doing in any difficult emotional situation since the beginning. He ran. He ran and put distance between himself and every last one of them. He would do this the way he always had. He would keep fighting the fight he began more than a decade ago the same way he had always done. Alone.
-------------------------------------------Several Days later--------------------------------------------------------------------

A broken man sat alone in an old, rundown hotel on the outskirts of New York. Empty glass bottles littered the floor, stacks of day old take out boxes covered the shitty table in the corner. The man known as Gabriel stared blankly at the table, eyes glazed over from the constant drunken stupor. He hadn't bathed since the night he ruined the only friendships he had ever had. He hadn't moved for over a day. Just sat staring into the darkness of the unlit room. The sounds of a mugging could be heard outside. Police sirens. Gunshots. And yet he didn't move. He never even blinked. Flies buzzed around the room endlessly. He didn't even bother to brush off the ones that landed on his bare arms and face. They drank from the endless stream spilling from his eyes. Still, he didn't move. There was no point. A sad song played on a half-broken radio near the stained bed. And alone he sat, unmoving, unblinking, unthinking.

Out of the many shadows that followed the broken man, through the days after Paris, there was only one that truly moved. Sometimes it looked like a cat, padding through a night-stained alley, sometimes an old pigeon sat on a wire by his hotel window. The shadow never spoke. It hardly moved just as he did, but it was nearly always there, a silent watcher, keeper of the unthinking hours.

"Go talk to him." Jophiel said, one day when a flea-bitten dog asleep in the alley stirred and looked up at the window for the tenth time that hour.
He gave the creature a pointed look. "It should come from you."
"I might make it worse." Said the dog as it shook out its mangy coat, but still, she went.

The room was a mess, and it smelled, though Harian had never been a good judge of what repelled humans she was fairly sure this qualified. Perhaps not seeing her face was the best thing for now, so Harian remained the cat that had opened the door and let herself in. She leapt up onto the table, curling her silken black tail around her paws.
"Do you act this way every time someone dumps you?"

Naberius Naberius

Last edited:
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel

Gabriel didn't react to the sudden appearance of the creature. He had been having many hallucinations the past few days, no doubt induced by the constant intake of alcohol and the subsequent unceasing drunkenness. He didn't blink. His breathing was shallow and labored. For endless minutes he sat as he had sat for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, his lips parted. The voice was barely above a whisper. Raspy. The voice of someone not entirely there, and who hadn't had water in days.

"My time was always running out,
My faith in doom always devout.
No scholarly attainments can
Revise the fate prescribed for man.

I never looked on blooming spring
Without chill thoughts of wintering,
Nor ever drew a living breath
Unmindful of impending death.

I knew what would in time betide
Each muscular young lad I eyed,
And knew that I must lie someday
Beside them all beneath the clay.

You shall be dust like me ere long,
For pessimism’s never wrong.
It came at last, my time to go.
I knew it would. I told you so."

He grew silent once more, never blinking or moving.

Last edited:
Location: Dock along Seine River --> Courtyard near Notre Dame
Interaction: Falarion, Harian, and Gabriel --> Falarion

The result of the pair kissing was such a far cry from what Falarion had expected that he was left dumbstruck as the two went their separate ways. His hand was still outstretched with the next shower of petals and he blinked down at them. Had he ruined the moment or was it just never meant to be?
Feeling dismayed now, Falarion dropped the remaining petals on the dock and sighed. What a day.

Glumly, Falarion walked away and meandered through the streets of Paris until he found himself looking up at the Notre Dame once more. Staring at the ruins, he could dimly hear screams and shouts in the distance, horses crying out in fear, dogs barking, the fire raging and crackling. He closed his eyes and muttered a curse underneath his breath, breathing slowly while he fought his racing heart. He was just imagining things, it was not real.
Opening his eyes again, Falarion sighed when the noises faded away. He needed a break from the chaos both within and outside of him.

Quietly, Falarion stepped through the rubble, his footfalls faintly echoing through the Notre Dame. He paused just inside the entrance, surveying the ruins before him. Fire had ravaged this place just as it had many others throughout its history. Yet, as always, despite the destruction wrought, there was always a light in the dark. Looking out ahead, Falarion caught sight of the glinting cross at the altar. The setting sun caught it just right, the glint causing a rays of light to shine across the walls.

Focus on my writing and not what's going on in the video. Don't let it distract you!

Falarion blinked and suddenly the Notre Dame was no longer in ruins. People were sitting in the pews, quietly talking, and a priest stood at the altar, looking down the aisle expectantly. Falarion held out his arm and he was no longer alone. The young woman from his photograph took it and smiled up at him, a veil concealing most of her face. Together, they began to walk down the aisle.
Quietly, Falarion began singing, "You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."
They passed the first of the pews, the girl's friends smiled at them, their eyes filling with tears for her.
He continued the song in a whisper, "You claim it's not in the cards, fate is pulling you miles away, and out of reach from me."
The girl leaned onto his shoulder and he could feel her smiling as he continued, "But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide, that you're my destiny?"
They now passed the second pew, an elderly couple held hands and smiled at the pair.
The girl looked at the couple as Falarion continued, "What if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine, nothing could keep us apart. You'd be the one I was meant to find."
They were at the third pew now, a young couple was seated here and a child sat kicking his feet in the air since he was too short. The child looked at them and giggled, smiling widely at them.
The girl laughed and Falarion smiled, "It's up to you and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be, so why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours, tonight."
Looking at Falarion now, the girl sang, "You think it's easy, you think I don't want to run to you, but there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be. Just you and me, within these walls. But when we go outside, you're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all."
A tear began rolling down Falarion's cheek and he continued to smile as the girl pulled him forward and the two began slow dancing together. One hand on her waist and another in her own hand, he slowly moved them back and forth along the aisle.
The girl continued to sing as they danced, singing, "No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me. How can we rewrite the stars? Say the world can be ours, tonight."
Suddenly, Falarion put his hands on her waist and he held her up, the girl laughing while she raised her hands up in front of her.
Together, they sang, "All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you, so just give me all of you."
Carefully, Falarion put the girl back down and she twirled in front of him while he stood back and held out a hand for her to take. She stopped and took his hand as they both sashayed to the side and then stomped a foot down and looked to the side.
The girl sang, "It feels impossible."
Falarion looked at her and sang, "It's not impossible."
She then met his gaze and sang, "Is it impossible?"
Then they both smiled and sang out, "Say that it's possible."
They both spun and then the girl ended up standing in front of Falarion, facing him. They grasped each other's hands and once more began dancing together. The kicked up a leg, nearly parallel to her body, and then the two stood back from each other, only one hand holding onto each other now.

"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart, 'cause you are the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be. And why don't we rewrite the stars? Changing the world to be ours."
Suddenly, the church became quiet and the two pulled each other close. Falarion closed his eyes and their foreheads met.
The girl began to sing in a whisper again, "You know I want you, it's not a secret I try to hide, but I can't have you, we're bound to break and my hands are tied."
Falarion opened his eyes as she began backing away from him. Their arms extended and then her hands fell from his. Darkness enveloped her and Falarion blinked away tears as the ruins of the Notre Dame returned to his vision. He was alone once more.
@ anyone interested in reading this

Kiyomi
Interaction: Nero, Zoya, Phillip

Much to her dismay, Kiyomi’s clothes were stained with blood and the hem of her silk dress had ripped, so the white-haired Kitsune decided to pay a visit back to the home base to change into something more appropriate. Discarding her old dress and slipping into a light purple Japanese one that draped to the floor, Kiyomi admired herself in the mirror momentarily, looking quite satisfied with her choice as she smiled. The dress hung low to the ground and flowed naturally with every step, like graceful flower petals in the wind. It was something a little bit different than her usual attire and the dress hugged her curves snugly.

The rest of the group were at a restaurant specifically for nonhumans, and Kiyomi strode excitedly back to the teleporting doorway while humming softly to herself, looking forward to being in a space where she did not have to hide her true self. There was a brief flash of light as she stepped forward through the doors, appearing out the other side onto a sidewalk in Paris. No one seemed to notice the white-haired woman after she disappeared into one of the smaller alleyways, descending down a flight of stairs before reaching a tiny red door at the bottom. Pushing her hand against the wooden door frame with a single hand, Kiyomi made her appearance and stepped inside, hair flowing gently. Immediately, the glamour concealing her fox-like traits vanished and two ears and nine tails popped into existence. The door shut by itself with a gentle click behind her and she strode forward with graceful strides, her hands cusped in front of her and smile bright as she recognized a few of the patrons inside. The smile quickly dropped from her face the moment she heard Zoya’s voice yell out from across the restaurant, and Kiyomi’s gaze immediately turned to find the source of the sound, finding the three sitting at a table together. The Kitsune stopped in her tracks and her eyebrows furrowed into a frown. Zoya looked incredibly upset, directing her angry at Phil who sat on the opposite side. Kiyomi’s eyes squinted and her ears perked, hearing the conversation escalate further and further. She had a feeling something awful was going to happen, so Kiyomi began to make her way towards them, hoping that she could break up the fight somehow. The moment she heard Phil taunt Zoya, her pace quickened. She got there too late however, and Zoya had lunged forward, punching Phil straight in the eye and sending him flying backwards to the ground.

The words Phil had so recently spoken caused a stern look to appear on Kiyomi’s face as she stood over him, eyes meeting his. She didn’t necessarily look angry, just disappointed in a way.

“You’re wrong.” She murmured softly, offering him a hand and leaning down.

“We are not monsters. The ones who murder innocents for pleasure, rip helpless families apart, and laugh in the face of their own destruction are monsters. They care for nothing but to see the world burn.” For the first time since they’d met her, Kiyomi was not smiling, and it was a very intimidating sight. She continued to stare down at him, hand still extended.

“We have a team of extraordinary people who want to protect this world from those monsters. You should feel lucky. I’d advise that you respect them for that instead of degrading them for it.” She finished quietly. The Kitsune looked up at Zoya and smiled for the first time during that entire conversation, trying to calm the angered woman before her.

“Perhaps we should end this quarrel. After all, there is alcohol involved. I am sure he will not remember this in the morning. He sure will feel it though.” Kiyomi laughed for a moment and tilted her head to the side, white ears perked as she glanced down at Phil’s swollen eye that he continued to cup.

Harian had let Gabriel go. She kept her face neutral, indifferent. It was better this happen now. That was what she told herself anyway.
Notre Dame had been a comfort to the person who's form she wore and Harian found herself going there as she lost herself in her own thoughts.
The singing caught her off guard. It was Falarion, she hadn't even noticed he'd slipped away but here he was. Apparently he had memories to visit too...
She couldn't see the bright images painted across his imagination, but the stairs to the belfry were only guarded by a velvet rope.
Harian sat and listened, nestled among the frowning faces of the gargoyles. She pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them, burying her face deep and wishing the world away...
Lioness075 Lioness075

~*~*~

Jophiel had not expected the scene that came to greet him at the restaurant. One of his team was on the floor, having been punched by another. Nero was nowhere to be found and the kitsune, it seemed was the only one not succumbing to the influence of the potent drink he knew was served here.
"Well," He said finally, surveying the scene. "I suppose that calls it for a nice evening out."
He came to stand behind Kyomi as she helped Phillip up.
"I have to agree with miss Kyomi. You can't throw around the term "monster" willy nilly. Every one of my team was chosen...everyone save you."
He turned to Zoya, his expression letting her know that she wasn't off the hook either.
"Zoya, please, no matter what he said, I cannot condone violence."
He stood back with his arms crossed. "If you can't be civil, I think we should take you home. You've had quite enough."
Feywild Feywild The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit MrBossMan MrBossMan Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

~*~*~

Timing: sometime after Paris
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

"Really? So we're doing poetry now?"
The cat rolled her eyes and sat back on it's haunches. "Look, don't make this weird." She gestured between them with a paw.
"I didn't ask for this attention. Your feelings are not my problem."
The silence reared up again, the only sound the buzzing flies interrupted it. Harian incinerated them out of the air in annoyance.
"So...what? You're giving up again? Because you think you made a mistake? What about being friends? Staying with me? About helping stop the end of the world? I didn't realize those promises were conditional based on you feeling good about yourself."
The cat sighed and looked away.
"I can't...give you what you asked for..." Her voice nearly broke. Very nearly. "But...that doesn't mean I want you gone."
Naberius Naberius

Timing: sometime after Paris
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

Gabriel sat, still and quiet. For the first time in days, his eyes moved, tracking the movements of his dark visitor.

"The world... Can burn...Only wanted.... You to... Be happy..."

He grew silent, but it was different this time. Contemplative. He watched her, eyes beginning to gain some semblance of life again. It wasn't much, and it certainly wasn't driven by positive emotion, but it was something. He managed to blink a few times at the very least.

Last edited:
Interaction: Nero, Zoya, Phillip, Kiyomi

“You think I want to change? I don’t know where you got that from but I never planned on changing darling, just living.” Zoya finished, a sneer worn on her lips as she huffed, attempting to dizzily shift onto her feet to stand and storm off, collapsing instead as her legs buckled under her and she accepted her fate. Rolling over and stifling a groan, Zoya glanced surprised as she noticed the presence of Kiyomi. Barely taking in her words, Zoya flapped her hand in the air pathetically, “He’s mean,” She whinged frustrated, “don’t be nice to him.”

With the calm aura Kiyomi brought to the table, Zoya found herself calming down. Shifting onto her knees, she dragged herself back onto her chair and seated herself sullenly, her arms crossed defensively as she glared at the mess she’d made. “I hope he remembers it,” she grumbled out in a peevish tone, “I hope he remembers that he is a loser and I don’t like him.” She pulled a face directed at Phil, sulking like a spoilt child who didn’t get their way. “That’s another apology to add to the list now.” Zoya huffed grumpily, glaring at the dirtied table.

Looking up to see Jophiel and his expression, she flushed red, twiddling her fingers together as her throat constricted in on itself and she couldn’t speak. Her mouth fell open every time she went to make a sharp retort, leaving her gasping like a fish out of water in the seconds her voice refused to work. “Fine...” Zoya finally managed to get out after giving up on trying to be rude, she was in the wrong and she accepted that. “I don’t really feel sorry, but sorry for punching Phil.” She apologised only to Jophiel, sliding her gaze to rest onto the floor to avoid his judgement.

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit MrBossMan MrBossMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back