• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
S
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A modern fantasy set about the end times. Fight with angels, demons, gods and myths of all kinds in a battle for the fate of the world.
Haven’t been on rpn in forever this feels like a completely new layout. Took me a bit to find this thread 😅
There have definitely been a few changes, for the better I think. The threadmark system is almost like having the tabs back. 'Member those?

There have definitely been a few changes, for the better I think. The threadmark system is almost like having the tabs back. 'Member those?
Haha yeah, tabs are exactly what i was looking for lol I’ll get this figured out. Gonna research some necromancy and stuff 🤷🏽‍♂️

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Sorry about taking so long to get my character ready for this, between work and Easter I've been a bit busy but I was no less invested in your idea. However, I've been seeing a lot of red flags that will probably just ruin any fun for me, so I think I'll just drop now and wish you the best of luck. Oh and just because I'm dropping doesn't mean my offer of helping you with your dice system is off the table, so just shoot me a PM if you need help with getting a proper curve for the results you want.

Maybe I just haven't been paying as much attention, but what do you mean by red flags? I'm not the GM, but I don't notice anything particularly alarming about anything so far.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
Sorry about taking so long to get my character ready for this, between work and Easter I've been a bit busy but I was no less invested in your idea. However, I've been seeing a lot of red flags that will probably just ruin any fun for me, so I think I'll just drop now and wish you the best of luck. Oh and just because I'm dropping doesn't mean my offer of helping you with your dice system is off the table, so just shoot me a PM if you need help with getting a proper curve for the results you want.
You don't need to apologize, I'm glad you caught that the thread wasn't a good fit for what you wanted to do. Best of luck!

Maybe I just haven't been paying as much attention, but what do you mean by red flags? I'm not the GM, but I don't notice anything particularly alarming about anything so far.
I think they rather meant that there are things they would not agree with in terms of rules and limitations I set in the lore. This sort of thread isn't for everyone I guess.

It just seems like some people are trying to take advantage of the GM's easygoing stance and kinda come off as trying to "win", whatever that means for them.

I think they rather meant that there are things they would not agree with in terms of rules and limitations I set in the lore. This sort of thread isn't for everyone I guess.
Actually, I had no problem with the rules and limitations you set, it's just a little frustrating to see other people outright ignore them.

It just seems like some people are trying to take advantage of the GM's easygoing stance and kinda come off as trying to "win", whatever that means for them.

Actually, I had no problem with the rules and limitations you set, it's just a little frustrating to see other people outright ignore them.
Well I haven't accepted any characters yet, so I'm not sure people can start to assume how easygoing I am.

Well I haven't accepted any characters yet, so I'm not sure people can start to assume how easygoing I am.
Well you did mention how much you love all the characters, even the one that ignored every restriction you placed. I'm sure you could see how it would be easy to assume such things, right?

Well you did mention how much you love all the characters, even the one that ignored every restriction you placed. I'm sure you could see how it would be easy to assume such things, right?
Just because I like them doesn't mean I will accept all of them without revisions. I like to acknowledge the hard work people put into things even if I don't agree with everything in the context of my thread. I think its important because no matter the outcome here I want people to keep writing. I don't think I've done my job well if I make people want to stop because they didn't get into my thread. I think you might be the only one making that particular assumption here. Anyway, best of luck, I hope you find a thread you can get invested in.

Just because I like them doesn't mean I will accept all of them without revisions. I like to acknowledge the hard work people put into things even if I don't agree with everything in the context of my thread. I think its important because no matter the outcome here I want people to keep writing. I don't think I've done my job well if I make people want to stop because they didn't get into my thread. I think you might be the only one making that particular assumption here. Anyway, best of luck, I hope you find a thread you can get invested in.
I guess I should give you credit and assume you discussed things privately with them, but doing those things openly as soon as they spring up would do a lot to help set the tone of the story. But maybe you're right, I might be the only one that sees a problem with it.

I have a feeling we will have an entire entourage of well-dressed blonde men in this thread. XD

3 blonde to 3 black among the males. No brunettes and no redheads yet, but Gabriel doesn't even have a written appearance on his sheet; I'm counting him among the guys with black hair though because that's what it has on his picture. That is of course if all of them get accepted.

3 blonde to 3 black among the males. No brunettes and no redheads yet, but Gabriel doesn't even have a written appearance on his sheet; I'm counting him among the guys with black hair though because that's what it has on his picture. That is of course if all of them get accepted.
Specifically I was thinking of Anastasius, Abubis and my npc, Jophiel, who are all in very nice suits and have very golden hair. I suppose we can count Falarion too XD If we get any more they can start a boy band.

For those who have migrated here completely, I will be starting the first round of feedback and acceptance today!

FoldedPages FoldedPages

Good solid trickster demon. I really like her.
1. The personality and Bio sections are missing at least 100 words each compared to the minimum, which is 4 normal lines on a computer screen.
2. The format is super cute, but it's awkward to read your profile like that with a computer (I'm not sure about phone) and the coding seems like it got a little messed up. Can you make it a bit more readable?
3. She is actually under-powered compared to the others, so if you want to give her some more abilities, you can, but you don't have to.

Just make those changes and I'd be happy to accept your character.

KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe

I love that you chose a Native American deity. Hino is super cool. I'd like to cap some of his powers if that's okay with you?
1. In combat, I think he should only be able to summon the weather once per day (he can summon a storm or two outside of combat anytime), and he shouldn't be able to summon snow if it's too warm for snow outside, i.e. he can't control temperature.
2. I think the thunderbird (though cool) is a little too OP to have in battle given the rest of his abilities, so let's say it doesn't really come down from the sky. Or else, it doesn't fight (rare species, he doesn't want it to get hurt? idk)

Just make those changes and Hino is as good as accepted.

Naberius Naberius

Gabriel is great. I think he qualifies as a hero under the lore I've been writing. Would you like to specify him as such? He is accepted regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back