• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Harian with anyone who wants to write

"I've never met him no, but I bet all my recent summoners have a signed copy.."
What Gabriel said next jolted her out of her own thoughts. She stared at him, eyes wide with shock.
"What?!"
He said a few more words, but Harian still had no idea how to respond.
"H-hey, that's not what I...Wait!"
She stood there for only a moment before glancing at Falarion, telling him to follow as she ran to catch up with him.
"You can't just drop a bombshell like that and walk away. What do you mean? Why aren't you going to live through this?" Harian's flared anger came through in her voice. She hadn't realized she'd become so angry until she noticed the heat mirage radiating off her forearms when she stood to block Gabriel's way. She stifled the reaction quickly. It wouldn't help anyone if a nearby restaurant tablecloth suddenly caught fire.
She stared at him defiantly, though there was something akin to fear there as well. Here was one of the very few humans that didn't deserve an early death.
"Some advocate for balanced scales. It's not fair!"
She knew exactly how she sounded, and the thought made her even angrier, then, it began to cool, to harden into something else, something resolute.
"You know what? No."
The word hung in the air between them.
"I don't accept this. Gabriel, you're not dying early. You hear what I'm telling you? If I have to suffer this putrid dungheap of a dimension then so do you."
From that, her tone, her anger, there was just a hint of a deeper power there, glinting in her bright green eyes, and for just a moment, it was not hard to imagine where the legends of the djinn had come from.
"I need you to tell me as much as you can. It doesn't have to be here, now. But I want to know. I might be a slave Gabriel, but I'm not without some of my own power here."
Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Time: Some time after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion TBD

The reaction was shocking. Gabriel could never have anticipated the fire and fury his declaration had been met with. The look he wore was equal parts pain, sadness, guilt, and shame. The tears flowed freely now, as though a dam had broken and a resivuire of pent up anguish now cascaded down his face.

"10 years. Remember? I've been living on borrowed time for 2. And life... Is rarely fair. Harian I...."

He shook his head firmly, harshly.

"I won't be the reason you suffer even more than you already have. It was selfish and inconsiderate of me to try to change your mind. I should have never allowed myself to get close to any of you. It... Would have been easier that way..."

He once more grew still and quiet. He couldn't bare to even look at her or Falarion anymore. It hurt too much. He cared far too deeply for them than he should have ever allowed to happen.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

Harian's expression shifted into one of disbelief. Her fists clenched so hard her nails would have drawn blood...if she had any.
It happened with the speed of a lightning strike. A clenched fist cracked across his cheek. She hadn't even pulled it.
Harian immediately doubled over as the pain of her binding spell flared. She had broken one of the minor confines by striking him, but by all the gods on this rotten planet, he needed it.
Red energy surged across her skin, making it steam black smoke subtly. Then the effect was gone, though pain still wracked her body.
"Listen asshole." She snarled through the shockwaves that flared and died as the binding spell's punishment continued. "Don't you ever let me hear you give up like that. Where's the guy who's too stubborn to quit? Huh? The guy who's idiotic determination gave me just a tiny atom of hope for this whole stupid mudball? Where's the guy who wanted to fight until my bonds were cut and for one time in the hundred I've heard that tired old line...just once it was convincing enough for me to believe?!"
She looked up at him, her face pale, but her voice grew stronger as the pain died. "This whole damn world is built to make me suffer...every little piece of it...save you...so fuck "easy"."
It was getting hard to stand, she leaned forward, braced a forearm on his chest.
"...I'm not gonna let you quit."

Naberius Naberius

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion TBD

Gabriel barely even registered what was happening until it already had. Her body language should have given him ample warning but so lost was he in his own crushing darkness that he didn't notice. The impact knocked him back a step, but the shock of the outburst was what stunned him. He didn't have time to just stare though. His friend was in pain, not just mental and emotional anguish. He remembered what she had told him about her kind.

As she steadied herself against him, Gabriel did the one thing he could think of. The one thing he never imagined he would ever do. He wrapped his arms around his dear friend, and held her steady. It was as much a show of gratitude as it was a sign of support. He knew she would probably hit him again for it, but he hugged her tightly anyway. The pain and sorrow replaced with worry for one of the few people he truly cared for. His heart rate pick up a bit but he chalked it up to the excitement and surprise of the moment.

"Are you alright?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

She felt the pressure, the arms of his jacket fold over her. There was a part of her that yelled to break away. Don't get close. It was a small part now, however, and she ignored it. Harian took the last step and leaned into him, burying her face into his shoulder.
A memory flashed. She was a bird, watching two people from her vantage point in a tree. They stood on a bridge in this very city, wrapped in each other's arms and Harian, for that one single time, wondered what it felt like.
The warmth, the closeness, the steady rise and fall of his breath; It was comforting. It put her back, far away in her own dimension, where there was no physical, nothing keeping djinn from each other, no cold prison-body locking mind and spirit into isolation. It had been the hardest thing to get used to here...she had never known that those walls could be thinned with something so simple as a hug.
As the pain finally faded to nothing Harian let out a small breath, relaxing into Gabriel's embrace.
"I am if you are." She mumbled into his jacket. She had forgotten that humans were warm. Maybe it was the warmth that was making her feel so strangely. Yeah, that was it.
At length she stood back, rubbing her own eyes, and watching his carefully.
"We're gonna figure it out." She told him, "I...have no idea how...but we will, okay? Together."
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel was surprised at his own actions, but it felt to him like the right thing to do. For just a moment, he felt Harian go tense. But it passed quickly. She drew herself closer, and he felt her pressed into him. He held her then, tightly but gentle.

In that small moment of closeness, he felt like time had stopped. She softened in his arms, the tension in her muscles relaxing as the pain faded. And his heart skipped a beat. The breath caught in his lungs. He felt weak. It was only for a moment, but if the world had ended in that moment, well. Maybe he would have been OK with that. He brushed the feeling off. He hadn't eaten recently, his blood sugar was probably low.

As she stepped back, he beamed down at her, lost in the bright Emerald green of those eyes. His smile was back. His usual good cheer bubbling back to the surface. But there was... Something else there too, even if he didn't realize it himself.

"Together, huh? Yeah. Wouldn't have it any other way. Besides. I made you a promise didn't I? I'd always have your back. Always at your side when you need me. And I have a lot of people to prove wrong. Too many to be dying anytime soon. I'm very lucky to have such a great friend at my side. Thank you for that."

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, TBD

Falarion watched the two go back and forth, emotions rising on either end. The mere thought of anyone on the team actually dying had Falarion paling. He always looked on the bright side of things and even imagining such a horrific thing occurring was disheartening to say the least. He looked at his friend, Gabriel, trying to find a hint of humor in his expression. After all, the group had sometimes made some cynical jokes before. Alas, Gabriel's expression gave no hint of a joke.

There was not much of a chance for Falarion to get any words in though, as Harian punched Gabriel and began practically shouting at him. This drew a few looks from passerby's around them and Falarion tried to laugh off the scene, but it came out awkward and forced. This only drew more looks.
Looking back at Harian, Falarion winced at the pain she seemed to now be experiencing. Gabriel went on to mention something about borrowed time and Falarion felt confused once more. He hated being so confused about everything all the time.

When Gabriel suddenly hugged Harian, Falarion could not help but gasp out loud. Surely Gabriel would die now? Except Harian leaned into it. Falarion stared in disbelief and then suddenly recalled that he had his Polaroid camera stashed in his knapsack. A wide grin formed on his face while the two had their intimate moment and he hastily pulled it out before adjusting a few of the settings based on the lighting. He was happy that technology with Polaroids had advanced enough for him to not have to shoot and pray it turned out all right.
Just as Harian took a step back and Gabriel beamed at her, Falarion took the shot. There was a brief clicking noise and then the Polaroid whirred while it slowly spat out the photograph with a frog's tongue protecting it from the harsh sunlight. Turning away from the pair to shield the photograph, he carefully pulled it away from the camera and then stashed it into a container filled with many other Polaroids, which he then shoved deep into his knapsack for safekeeping. He also put away his Polaroid before he turned to face the pair again and smiled broadly at them both.
"I'd say that was a great way to end such a depressing talk, yeah?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius

He was smiling again. That was how it should be.
"Damn straight." She said, hands on her hips. "You are lucky to have me." She was wearing one of her signature devilish grins. She had only noticed Falarion when he was tucking something in his bag. She saw the camera.
"Wait..did you?..." Her expression fell and suddenly her eyes went wide. "Gimme that picture monkey!" Without another word she lunged at him, aiming straight for the bag.
"I mean it! You better give me that photograph before I incinerate all your stuff!"

Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion TBD

Gabriel found that he could lose himself in that moment. Then he heard a click, something he couldn't quite place. At least until Harian started yelling at Falarion about a picture, at which point he did the only thing he could do. He burst out laughing. A deep, joyful belly laugh. He watched her dash towards their friend, still laughing.

"Ah c'mon, you afraid someone will see that you're just a big softy at heart?"

The jab was a tease, as it always was from him. He only wished she'd show that softer side to the world though he knew why she hid it. For now, it would be their little secret. Well, amongst the three of them now, anyway.

Falarion blinked at Harian's reaction and then he quickly began backing away from her as she angrily approached him. With a startled yelp at her lunge, he twisted away from her and then scurried past to then hide behind Gabriel with a grin.
He peered out from behind Gabriel as he said, "I'm sure you two will look amazing once it develops!"
He remembered now that the photograph would need at least ten minutes before it would finish developing in the darkness of his knapsack. If it was exposed to the sunlight too early, the entire photograph would be ruined forever.

Laughing now at Harian's reaction, Falarion began to edge away from Gabriel while he took brief moments to survey the area around him. He knew the stone ledge was somewhere behind him and if he was quick enough, he could begin scaling it before Harian could catch him. After that, though, who knew how far he could get before she actually caught him. He just had to keep the photograph away from her while it developed safely.

"Stay outta this justicar. Oh no, there's no use hiding behind him!" Harian darted around and tried to grab Falarion's bag, giving chase as soon as he back away.
"You can give me that photo now, or I'll make sure you never take another one." She threatened menacingly as she tried her best to catch him.
Shifting was going to be hard in an area this crowded, still, Harian was weighing the risk.
"Get back here!"
Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Gabriel could do nothing but laugh at the situation. On one hand, he kind of wanted to see that picture when it was done. On the other, there was no way he was standing between Harian and something she was angry at, regardless of how much he liked Fal. It was a no win situation for him. But he also couldn't just stand around and let them go at it in the streets of a major city with people watching.

"Harian, can you please calm down? I'm sure you'll look beautiful in the photo."

It wasn't at all what he meant to say, but he couldn't stop the words. Like a waterfall of his own awkwardness, it came rushing out. His eyes showed just how shocked and surprised he was at his own declaration. He took a step back, feeling the heat in his cheeks again.

Gods I've got to learn to shut my damn mouth every once in a while.

"I mean... That's... Don't get... I didn't... Uh..."

He decided to follow his instincts and very stiffly walk away, pretending to be very interested in a nearby building front.

As Harian lunged again, Falarion yelped and danced away, darting to the stone ledge for safety. His tail flashed golden in the sunlight, though he kept his Glamour active in order to avoid any trouble with humans.
Hearing Harian's threats, Falarion laughed and taunted in a singsong tone, "You're going to have to catch me first, lovebird!"
Knowing fully well how his nickname would be taken by Harian, Falarion immediately turned tail and began sprinting up along the stone ledge, heading for the Sacre-Coeur Basillica beyond. Tourists moved along the path beside him, some gawking and a few pulling out their phones to record him. A couple children laughed and cheered at him when he passed them. Falarion grinned in delight, knowing fully well that Harian's shapeshifting ability would be limited around humans.

In the midst of fleeing from Harian, Falarion was oblivious to what Gabriel had just said to her.

Harian turned to throw Gabriel an angry look. "Why the heck would that matter? My issue is that the photo exists!" She watched his face turn red and listened to him stammer, and for the life of her she could not understand why. It would need a moment of reflection for her to realize what Gabriel had actually meant by it, fortunately for that moment, her thoughts were otherwise engaged.

Harian dashed after Falarion down the foot path, nimbly dodging cameras and tourist brochures and the people that held them.
"Wait till I get my hands on you furball!"
She kept pace with him for most of the way, and when she got close again she made another grab for the bag.
Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

Falarion laughed in delight as Harian gave chase, a few in the crowd shouting in surprise when either rushed past them.
"Good luck with that!" He shouted as he leaned forward and tried to run even faster.
Just as he tried to, Harian neared and made a lunge for his bag. Falarion could hear her approaching panting and yelped when she just narrowly missed his bag.
He grinned as he quickly sidestepped and then turned towards Harian before nimbly jumping up and over her in a near flawless front flip. He nailed a three-point landing just beyond her and a few in the crowd clapped and cheered for him, though they were clearly a bit confused about what was happening.
Adrenaline coursed through him as he suddenly turned tail, rather literally, and began bounding down the stairs they had just climbed. He knew better than to try and run around inside of a cathedral, at least the ones that were still standing.

Gabriel stared after the duo as they ran down the streets of Paris, lamenting his own existence. He had absolutely no idea what he should be doing but felt he should probably do something besides standing around awkwardly. He made his way slowly after the two, shaking his head in disbelief of how utterly stupid he had once again acted.

This whole teamwork thing is a lot more complicated than I realized it would be. Then again it wouldn't be so bad if I could quit being SUCH A MORON.

He passed by all the tourists and locals staring at the two psychopaths running down the street, trying to at least keep the two of them in sight. He made a mental note to consider taking a vow of silence so as to reduce the likelihood of his stupidity making itself evident.

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, TBD

Perhaps it was the just the brand that the city had as 'the city of love', but Nero was quickly finding that he enjoyed Paris. The chorus of humanity had replaced the chirping of birds and rustling of trees in the wind that he was accustomed to. There was a certain heritage that the city held about it, from the cobblestone streets to the well-preserved buildings that sheltered markets and shops. Perhaps it was an illusion, but the boy seemed far more mature than when he'd first walked a foreign street; his posture was straighter, yet at the same time more at ease, and he held his chin higher than before, without any sense of pride. He simply seemed... content, going so far as to send a few friendly smiles and waves at the elderly or couples who looked his way while passing.

Eventually he'd found himself staring up at the grand cathedral that was the Notre Dame. Nero had mistakenly visited the cathedral in Athens before they'd been sent off to vanquish the anti-christ and learned there about the Notre Dame and it's recent partial destruction. It was only now that he was able to see it in it's collapsed glory. The building almost looked like a haggard, run down beast, so he held his hands together and murmured a quiet prayer for the place. When he opened his eyes and turned to leave, he spotted a trio of all too familiar faces boarding a bus nearby - Gabriel, Falarion and Harian. What were they doing here? His hand felt for the card in his satchel and brought it out so that he could look at it as though contemplating it's use to him. It did work anywhere, as far as Jophiel's words and his own experiences attested to. Returning to the house later than usual in favor of a bit of company in the city could be just what he'd needed. Without further thought, he sprinted off to follow after the bus.

Nero arrived just in time to see Falarion snap a picture of Harian and Gabriel in an embrace. He wasn't really sure about how close everyone here was, but the two and Falarion seemed to be at the very least quite friendly. For a few moments he resorted to silently observation, seating himself on a bench and watching them bicker, and eventually the monkey god bolted towards the massive Basilica further up along the steps. Harian gave chase without hesitation and they soon left Gabe to his lonesome, looking even more dismal than Hino usually did. That was when Nero stood and pushed his way through the crowd, every now and then having to murmur, "Excuse me..." just to get past the viewers distracted by their two troublesome comrades.

Soon the boy was striding alongside Gabriel at his same leisurely pace, a small, crooked smile on his face and one hand on the back of his neck. "Hey there. What's up with them?" he asked quietly, his free hand gesturing toward the djinn and the monkey god racing back down the stone ledge towards them.

Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, TBD

Gabriel, lost in his own head and barely paying attention to his surroundings, didn't quite notice the approach of another member of the team. He was far too busy kicking himself and mumbling under his breath. As it was, it took him a moment to register that he had been spoken to, and he quickly snapped back to reality.

"Oh. Hey. Well, apparently Harian is very camera shy and Fal just loves a good Polaroid. And I'm stuck in the middle, babysitting immortals and hoping they don't accidentally use powers in front of civilians."

He let the silence hang for a few moments, thinking to himself and taking in the sights as they walked.

"So, enjoying the city so far? Falarion has gone absolutely nuts. Though, I can't deny I was rather excited too. I've never been to Paris."

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya TBD

Zoya had been happily sipping on a drink she’d ordered blindly, attempting to ask the barista in broken french what her suggested drink was hadn’t exactly gone well, it’d only ended up in her holding the line up and stubbornly pointing at a random drink on the menu and tipping a little too much to smooth things over. It certainly tasted nice, maybe a little too sweet for her liking but she wasn’t going to complain.

She’d been wandering around for awhile now, just hopping from place to place as she pretended for a brief moment she was a cultured girl, likely coming off as what people called a basic white girl. She still didn’t know what that meant but she was happy people still saw her as what she guessed was a normal girl and that she wasn’t too outdated in the modern world. She and her mystery drink would be happy together regardless of any potential name calling.

Zoya’s mouth fell agape as she witnessed Falarion being chased by a rampant Harian, the two being tailed by a slower more calmer duo of Nero and Gabe. Catching the end of what the two said, Zoya caught up to them and was going to ask about why Falarion had gone crazy before shrugging it off, it didn’t seem too outlandish for a literal monkey boy to go bananas. “Bonjour mes amis.” She greeted with a wink at the two, grinning as she spoke in her horribly accented french.

“It’s a shame you’ve never been to Paris before, it’s beautiful here.” She found herself saying earnestly, grin dropping into a genuine smile as tilted her head at Gabe before turning her attention to the blond boy, “I’m not sure whether we’re acquainted, my names Zoya.”

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Naberius Naberius

Last edited:

Harian could only watch in dismay as Falarion completely out-maneuvered her. She thought for a moment as he ran from her again. There had to be a better way to do this.
As she neared Gabriel again she found that there was not one but two more of their team who had come to the hilltop overlooking the city.
Harian stopped beside them.
"I know where he sleeps." She said simply, and a little threateningly.
As Zoya greeted them in French Harian dropped her head to stare up at the Vila in mild disbelief.
"Wow, I am offended for the language. That was terrible." Harian then proceeded to teach her how to say the phrase properly.
"And yes, it is beautiful here." She found herself looking back out over the city. In the few years she spent here, she had always liked Paris.
She noticed Gabriel's mildly-sullen mood and pointed at him. "Hey, what's with you?" She narrowed her eyes. "Do I have to hit you again? 'Cause honestly? That sucked for both of us."
It only took a moment for her mind to trail back to where they had been before, the closeness and the comfort. She tried not to let it show on her face, but it was suddenly very hard to look at him.
"Anyway, what are you two doing here?" She turned to Zoya and Nero. Harian could trust herself around them at least. "Get bored of Joph's historical tour?"
The angel had offered to guide the team around the city. He was filled with a wealth of useless knowledge about the buildings, the history and the culture of the place. Harian knew most of it, so she had opted to quit early.
Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075

Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Falarion, Nero, Zoya TBD

Gabriel looked back over his shoulder as Zoya approached, flashing his Trademark smile for a moment before sinking back into kicking himself.

"Hey feathers, what's up? And it is quite a gorgeous city, much more interesting than most of the places I've been."

He noticed Harian finally giving up and making her way over to their little trio and sighed at her comments.

"No, mom, I'm fine. Just wondering why I, of all people, have to babysit people who probably saw the erection of Stonehenge in person. And also kicking myself repeatedly, as is tradition."

He shook off the mental cobwebs and brightened up a bit, gazing back out at the city sprawled out below them. Then, an idea hit him and he smiled ear to ear.

"Hey. Let's all go grab lunch together. We're a team right? We should get used to being around each other. And besides, my blood sugar is dropping like a stone. Side effects of a super powered metabolism."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Nero, Zoya TBD

Falarion caught up just in time to hear the mention of lunch and slowed down to catch his breath. Once he stood up again, he saw that Nero and Zoya had now joined the group and he grinned at the two of them.
"Hey, welcome to the party!"
He gave both of them a small wave and then his stomach grumbled loudly as he thought about finally eating lunch.
"Oh man, I think I ran off my milkshake and plus some."
He gave Harian a wary look, but she seemed to be relaxing with the present company now.

Looking away from the group, Falarion surveyed their options in the area and said, "A deli always sounds amazing to me. Any tapas kind of option just won't fill me up enough, no matter how delicious it is."
Remembering that Harian knows the area fairly well, Falarion turned to face her and asked, "Got any suggestions, Harian? You know this place fairly well after all."
He had already moved on from their chase by now, his mind solely focused on food.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Time: Some time after the fight in Paris Interaction: Harian, Gabriel, Nero, Zoya TBD

Gabriel smiled over at their energetic friend as he made his way back to their group. He secretly wondered if Harian was going to just let the picture thing go or start chasing him again.

"Welcome back. Should have known the allure of food would draw you in. A man after my own heart."

He, too, glanced over at Harian, barely taking notice of her attempts to avoid looking directly at him.

"Fal's right, you know the area. Why don't you pick a place? I'm game for whatever. Though.... I hope they take credit. I didn't exactly bring cash."

Gabriel set about taking in their surroundings again. He could never tire of a place like this. It was just so different from what he was used to, it was almost jarring. But in a good way. He made a note to take every opportunity they had to visit new places. Thanks to their magic front door and all-access door key cards, traveling was not only hassle free, but also way more exciting.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild

Timing: Before the Beginning
Interaction: Harian and Falarion

At the mention of 'smelly flesh bags', Falarion blinked at the crow and seemed to be taken aback for a moment. He had met some blunt people before, but the crow took it to a whole new level. He tilted his head to the side at this and then seemed to mull things over for a moment, tapping his chin lightly. Then he got a glint in his eyes and grinned widely at the crow.
"How about I show you?"
Reacting in a blur, he grabbed at the crow, carefully holding her in one hand with her wings tucked against her sides. Knowing he likely would not have long before she tried pecking him, he leapt over the side of the building and began nimbly swinging from wooden posts sticking out of the building and flipping near the bottom. As he began to fall again, he let out a whoop and then landed on a heavy cloth tied between two wooden posts. With a soft whump, he bounced off of it and then down onto the ground with a huff. It was a bit too convenient that such an opening was there for him, considering the heavy traffic of people in the marketplace, but Falarion was not about to question it. He promptly let go of the crow, wincing as he expected some pecking from it for doing such a thing.

In a flourish, he waved his hands out to the crowd milling around him. Nearby, children's laughter broke out through the noise and Falarion smiled. Looking at the stalls nearby, he saw the vibrant silk colors sparkling in the sunlight and he sighed contently.
Looking back at the crow now, he said, "The buildings and the landscape may be bleak in of itself, but if you just look closer, you can see there's more to this city than what's wrong with it."
Gesturing at the silks, he smiled again and added, "There's color and life everywhere and always where you least expect it. There's doom and gloom if you look hard enough, but if you look harder, there's a flicker of light and hope, too."

Looking dramatically into the distance, Falarion began quietly singing, "You stumble through your days...got your head hung low, your skies are a shade of grey. Like a zombie in a maze, you're asleep inside, but you can shake awake."
He began moving forward, heading further into the market as people began seamlessly moving out of his way. Nobody reacted like he was doing something weird and even a few of the stall vendors began to lean forward, as if in anticipation.
Somewhere in the crowd, it sounded like an airy violin of some kind was being played. If one looked closely at the direction of the noise, they would see a vendor actually blowing on a couple of their vases to make the sound.
Falarion continued into the market, as he sang, "Cause you're just a dead man walking, think of that your only option, but you can flip the switch and brighten up your darkest day."
He smiled at a few kids running by playing with water guns, their shrieking laughter and delight echoing among the chaos.
Falarion did a little skip forward, shuffling his feet from side to side as he continued, "Sun is up and the color's blinding, take the world and redefine it, leave behind your narrow mind, you'll never be the same."
With a quick spin, Falarion briefly disappeared behind a curtain of silks, all varying hues of purple. When he reappeared again, he was snapping his fingers from side to side, swinging his hips and inhaling the scents of the market. They were surrounded by numerous stalls selling candles now and the smells reminded Falarion of an ocean's breeze.
As he began the next line, a couple vendors left their stalls to join him, as they all began to dance together. Everyone leaned forward as they seemed to creepily crouch walk forward while still snapping their fingers. Falarion grinned and sang, "Come alive, come alive; go and ride your light, let it burn so bright; reach it up, to the sky, and it's open wide, you're electrified."
Now the people dancing with him began to join in song, harmonizing with practiced ease. As they all slowly stood up straight, the children who had run by earlier fell into step. Out of no where, a young male did a front flip in front of the group and then joined them as well. Off to the sides, vendors were beginning to dance on their own, twirling around and the silk vendors began spinning long silks in the air, the colors catching the sunlight perfectly.
With a synchronized stomp, everyone began dancing together while Falarion continued, "And the world becomes a fantasy, and you're more than you could ever be, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open; and you know, you can't go back again, to the world that you were living in, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open; so, come alive..."
The children all began dancing together, stomping out the steps and throwing a fist into the air each time, they began slowly turning around as Falarion led the others through the stalls. One by one, the adults all hopped to the side, bringing their legs together while leaning and looking to the left with their arms against their sides. In a flash, they looked to the right and then were all running. The vendors rushed past Harian while Falarion slid to a halt beside her, throwing out an arm as he suddenly caught a cane from out of no where and then leaned forward on it.
"I see it in your eyes, you believe that lie, that you need to hide your face; afraid to step outside, so you lock the door, but don't you stay that way!" He shouted the last bit as he suddenly hefted the cane and rushed away to join the other vendors. They all began lightly stomping about, doing a light jig and Falarion found a street lamp to spin around.
Abruptly, a young woman burst out from the silks hanging near Harian and she sang, "No more living in those shadows, you and me, we know how that goes." She spun and Harian could just barely catch a glimpse of a harrowing scar along the left side of her head where her ear used to be. The woman then rushed off and joined Falarion's troupe.
Not a moment later, a young man was with Harian and tap danced around her as he sang, "Cause once you see it, oh you'll never, never be the same!" He then moved to join the troupe, and Harian could see burn scars running up the young man's forearm.
As the two joined each other, they then sang together, "We'll be the light that's shining, bottle up and keep on trying."
With a coordinated spin by everyone, Falarion was once more center stage and they all turned sideways before stepping forward together.
In unison, everyone sang, "You can prove there's more to you," before Falarion sang out, "You cannot be afraid!"
Suddenly, everyone clapped together and then Falarion spun before a top hat was in his hands. In a flourish, he held out it and then threw it up into the air before catching it on his head and looking up right at Harian. Beside him, two young men flipped backwards right into flawless splits. The troupe rushed forward together, and then began leaning forward while clapping now as they all sang out, "Come alive, come alive; go and ride your light, let it burn so bright; reach it up, to the sky, and it's open wide, you're electrified."
They then abruptly stood up and jumped once before sidestepping forward. With a spin, they all put one hand over their abdomen and then another crooked and off to the side while their legs crossed one another. They all looked to the side, their expressions both humorous and intense at the same time. As they moved about they sang, "And the world becomes a fantasy, and you're more than you could ever be, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open; and we know, we can't be go back again, to the world that we were living in, 'cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open; so, come alive!"
Suddenly, Falarion broke away and rushed forward to perform a cartwheel that turned into a back flip between two of the silk dancers. As he landed, they all shouted and sang, "Come one! Come all! Come in! Come on!"
Falarion stood up and did a little jig while dancing forward and singing, "To anyone who's bursting with a dream."
Intermittently, the others around him spun around and then everyone including him sprinted forward again. They all sang while they ran, "Come one! Come all! You hear! The call!" As they ran forward, those along the sides began waving their hands and gesturing for more to join them. As they went along, Falarion sang out, "To anyone who's searching for a way, to break free." Immediately, those around him sang, "Break free...break free...break free!"
They rushed forward into an open square where traffic had magically disappeared and instead vendors of all shapes and sizes, skin color and age, collectively ran out from in between the stalls to join up. It seemed as if nearly a hundred people had come out of no where for this event. With another flourished spin and silk lines of many colors flowing through the air, everyone continued, "
And the world becomes a fantasy, and you're more than you could ever be, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open; and we know, we can't be go back again, to the world that we were living in, 'cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open!"
With a collective and echoing stomp, everyone pulled a Micheal Jackson move, bringing their feet together with a hand on their belt line and the other hand off to their side. They all looked sideways and then skipped from side to side before spinning around. Falarion began clapping over his head while swaying from side to side and everyone repeated with him, "And the world becomes a fantasy, and you're more than you could ever be, 'cause you're dreaming with your eyes wide open; and we know, we can't be go back again, to the world that we were living in, 'cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open!"
Two young females rushed from the sides to do front flips in front of the group and then they dashed away to join the dancing crowd.
They all repeated, "Cause we're dreaming with our eyes wide open," as Falarion threw his top hat up into the air and then he leaned onto his cane once more. As they all concluded with, "So come alive," the top hat landed neatly on top of his hands resting on his cane.

Falarion stared at Harian for maybe one second too long before he blinked and then everyone began casually dispersing back into the market and returning to their collective stalls. A car horn rang out and traffic began filtering around the square once more. The dust seemed to return to the streets once more and Falarion grinned while he kicked some up on purpose before he meandered back over to the crow. Somewhere along the way, he ditched the top hat and cane, though it was not clear when this happened. Standing beside her with his hands on his hips, Falarion sighed contently and then said, "See what I mean now?"

"Who's babysitting?" Harian challenged with annoyance. "Fine, I'll kill him quietly, back at the house. Oh, and if you're kicking yourself, get one in for my sake will you?"
Food was the next suggestion and Harian was again surprised when people gave the choice to her.
She had to think for a long moment. This was clearly a new process for her.
Suddenly she remembered a place and smiled. Was there a hint of mischief in that smile?
"As a matter of fact, I do know a place. But are you sure you trust me?"

The "place" was fronted by a tiny door, down a flight of narrow steps off of one of the smaller alleyways in the Quartier Latin. Harian took them through the narrow, winding streets, cobbled and bohemian, with vendors selling scarfs, art and small hand-made jewelry on mats between shop awnings.
Harian pushed the door, which had once been red, but the paint was chipped and worn so badly one couldn't be sure. Overall the place looked frighteningly unimpressive, one would be pressed to believe that there was edible food inside at all.
When Harian lead them through however, the atmosphere did a complete 180. They had stepped onto red carpet, glinting brass lamps flanked the booking desk. The ceiling was much higher than it should have been, and lined with small crystal chandeliers. Waiters sped around tables dressed in tailed vests and white gloves. The tables themselves were dressed in the most elegant white tablecloths, adorned with silverware and crystal glasses. When one examined the patrons however, there was something a little...off.
Most were humanoid, but the shimmer of their glamours could be seen in the special lighting. Some of the patrons had noth bothered with glamours at all, and sported horns, tails and deep and exotic shades of skin, scales and all manner of other things. This clearly wasn't a place for humans.
Harian stopped as the maitre d came over to them. He was a massive fellow, built like an ox...and with the face of an ox as well. Hair sprouted from the neck of a beautiful satin waistcoat and his red mane--perfectly-coiffed--was draped over his chest. The ox-man beamed at her and then leaned down to kiss her gently on both cheeks. Harian forced a smile and wiped the cow spit from her face.
"'Arian! How wonderful it iz to see you!" His accent was thick Parisian and he spoke English straight from the get go, observing the appearance of her guests.
"Table for five please Auros. The monkey's a patron, not a pet."
The ox took one look at Falarion and bowed his head. "On honour zir, to 'ave ze great Hanuman at my 'umble eztablishment."
Harian gave Falarion a look of utter disbelief before Auros lead them further into the restaurant.
"Zo, you are eating food now hmm?" Auros queried her happily. "I knew Ayramiz would convince you eventually. Food iz one of zis world's greatest pleasures!"
"Yeah well, He wouldn't shut up about it so I figured it'd either be that or find a way to murder him."
"We should prepare ze house specialty zen, roast leg of tourist." There was a short pause and Harian glanced back at the group.
"That was a joke. He is joking."
Auros laughed then, wiping a tear from his huge brown eye. "Ohoho! Of course. We haven't served human in over five 'undred years. Demands of the patrons must be met."
He seated them at one of the best tables, cushioned benches ringed a big, round table.
"Hey, don't be intimidated by this place," Harian told her guests. She picked up one of the crystal glasses and with one fluid motion, shattered it on the side of a chair. The pieces hit the floor but then, it was as if time reversed: They bounded back up to the glass and replaced themselves perfectly, sealing the seams and leaving it once again whole.
"Everything's enchanted. Not even you could break it Monkey Butt, and lunch is on me."
The menus were bound in leather and contained fairly normal dishes, but there were well over a hundred, and each changed just slightly with some magical herb or spice. This one made you a bit happier, that one improved your luck for an hour, this one made you more honest with yourself.
Harian sat down and started scanning the choices.

Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Users who are viewing this thread

Back