• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
S
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A modern fantasy set about the end times. Fight with angels, demons, gods and myths of all kinds in a battle for the fate of the world.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
jeremy-mann-cityscapes-83.jpg
Rules

1. All character sheets must follow the guidelines I have set. You can add more, you cannot do less.
  2. I will tell you if/when your character is accepted.
  3. I reserve the right to refuse your character if I do not believe you have followed the guidelines or else if I believe you will not be a good fit for the rp.
  4. Respect all other players, their ideas and their right to a safe, positive space.
  5. Fights with boss npcs will be run using dice rolls (6-sided) and occasionally for other instances, if I think something might be OP. You can roll your own for every attack but I expect you to be honest, otherwise use RpN's dice system, it's great.
  6. This is a detailed thread so I will not allow one-liners. One good paragraph minimum. If your posts are consistently too short you will be warned.
  7. Write in full sentences in the thread and in your CS. I will not be accepting point form.
  8. IC writing is third person past tense: “She got slowly out of the car”. Capiche?
  9. I expect posts twice or three times a week on average from each player with a minimum of once per week. Of course life will call you away at times but please notify me, because if you fail to post for one week without notifying me of an absence I will remove your CS and open your slot to someone else.
  10. If I create an npc, you will not be able to control it unless I specifically state this. Also you may not god mod, bunny or power play. Basically, leave other people's characters for them to write.
  11. You will be reading everyone's posts. No skipping, and please read carefully, especially if you are tagged.
  12. In terms of weaknesses the lore dictates several for general character races. Make sure you know the weaknesses of your character race and state them in your CS.
  13. I will limit the power level strictly, though the methods of your powers are up to your own imagination. Please be open to compromise, if I ask you to reduce your powers or add a weakness to your character it does not mean I want to kill your idea, it means I want everyone to have fun without the power being grossly imbalanced. If you are the type of person who gets mad about being asked to change things, you will be refused flat out.
  14. Generally, the characters in the thread will be working with angels, so they cannot be inherently evil and be a part of the group. It has been my experience that villains never last long in threads so I would encourage you to play a character that is at the worst neutral to the cause.
  15. Characters are expected to be inconspicuous when in plain sight of regular mortals. If your character does not have a way of doing this they will not be accepted. The scenes will often take place in highly-crowded areas like cities, so having a huge form won't do you much good.
  16. Characters that are described as ‘lone wolves’ or ‘antisocial’ or ‘do not get along well/work well with a group’ will be immediately refused. I do not have time for players that don’t want to interact.
  17. I do not need to say this, but ALL of RpN's official site rules apply here and will be enforced strictly.
  18. I reserve the right to change or add to these rules at any time.

• umbrella city night.jpg

The time is modern day. The tech and tools are all from the present. There will be instances where some immortals might be a little behind the times, that is okay, but they cannot attract too much attention. The goal here is to operate in plain sight without causing disturbances in the day to day lives of mortal beings. All immortals should have glamours that allow them to fit into a modern-day setting.
    It is entirely possible that your immortal character has been on the earth for a very long time, it is also possible they have just been brought to it.

More will be added as the story progresses.
    I have created several sections below which I hope you, as the players, will help me fill in as you discover who and what your characters are and how their powers work.

Attachments

• china town arch.jpg
    china town arch.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3
  • modern mage.jpg
    modern mage.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Playable Race Guide

• modern angel.jpg

The celestial beings assigned as the protectors of the human race and messengers of higher powers. Angels have been mentioned in many cultures, and similar beings are present in those that predate the Abrahamic religions. All agree that they are beings of divine power and can be benevolent or wrathful, but that they are first and foremost guardians tasked with keeping the balance. They adhere to a very strict moral code, however their strategies for implementing it can vary as much as their personalities. In order to affect the mortal world they must take mortal forms and so are not invulnerable, though their divine-granted powers keep them safe. They are strictly prohibited from harming humans and are punished most severely if they break this rule. They are also prohibited from forming close attachments to humans and most remember why this rule was put in place.
    Angels can take a variety of forms and they do not always need to be human. Generally however, when they take a form in the mortal realm they are bound to that form, and a few of its limitations. They can summon their wings at anytime, and they are very careful of revealing their true forms, as this can harm mortal creatures.

Fallen angels are considered demons and will be covered under that tab.

Last edited:
Locations

Arc 1

An excerpt from IC describing their home

"You know what? Let's just show them the base." She held up the card and walked to a small door that lead to the stairs. As soon as she placed the card close to the handle, a slot appeared, glowing and ethereal. It took the card and suddenly the entire door lit up with intricate glyphs. Harian pulled the card free and opened the door and...it did not leads to a set of dingy pub cellar steps...

There was a small flight of steps that lead from the doorway up to the central floor, which was tiled in grey and white marble. The walls were white and set with intricate mouldings and a crustal chandelier hung from the ceiling. To the right, through a wide archway was a television room with a massive big screen set beside one wall and a set of huge bay windows, complete with a reading seat big enough for six people. Outside the windows were rolling green fields filled with flowers, and a sky so blue and clear it almost didn't look real. They were definitely no longer anywhere near London. The kitchen was across the hall and it was huge too, a pair of islands in the center of more counter space than three master chefs could ever use. Mahogany cupboards and countertops of polished granite. the finest copper pots hung from pegs over one of the islands and the oven could have fit a grown man (Not that Harian had ever considered it).

"Follow me please! Don't forget to take your shoes off, and Welcome to the Heaven's Door Hotel!" Jophiel bounced up the steps and continued down the hall.
"I did not agree to that name!" Harian yelled after him as she followed, her own shoes just vanishing off her feet.
The hallway was wide, and set with mirrors down the length of it. The end of the corridor lead two ways, one to a flight of steps that lead to a second floor and the other to a door. This Jophiel opened and lead the way inside. It was a pool, but not just a pool. It was three tiers of white stone, set with brass fountains in the shapes of elegant hippocampi, water pouring from their mouths. The top tier steamed invitingly, the middle and lower tiers were much larger and sloped, with seats embedded in the rough stonework. The aura of the pool could be felt from the doorway. This was a place of healing.
"I had the water brought from a healing spring in Lucern, Switzerland. It should make you right as rain in about twenty minutes."
On either side of the room were doors that lead to changing rooms, and on shelves outside of them were towels and bathing suits, each with the names of each guest neatly embroidered in a subtle place.

Once they were gathered again Jophiel took them up the flight of stairs. At the top the corridor split into two hallways, a table in the fork. The table had cards, all identical to the one Harian had lost, and the found, and used to open the magic portal door.
"There is one for each of you." Jophiel explained. "With these cards you can turn any door into a portal that will open the front door to this house. Simply place the card against the door, and the magic does the rest."
Harian popped up behind him, still wrapped like a cocoon in her plush towel.
"Tell them the bit about leaving through the front door."
"Yes, I was getting to that." Jophiel hid a smile. Harian obviously did not know how different (and non-threatening) a towel cocoon made her look. "The front door has a dial with about ten locations painted on a wheel in its center. To select a destination simply turn the doorknob until the right location is directly at the top, and then open the door."
"I can't remember all of them." Harian interjected, "But there is at least: Paris, New York, London, Athens, New Delhi, Kyoto, Sydney, Cusco and Oslo."
"Now, to explain the rooms." The angel continued.
Down each corridor was a set of five doors.
"Choose a room," Jophiel said, "But before you go in, picture how you want the room to look. It can be anything. Keep that image in your mind, and then walk in. The room will take on the form of anything you picture."
Harian was smiling. Of all the amazing things in this miraculous house, this magic had impressed her the most.
"It really works." She added simply and went to a door at the far end of the right hallway and pulled it open, hanging her towel on a peg just beside it. From where they were standing most could see inside:
A black mist roiled in the doorway, piling up against the threshold as if afraid to cross. Nothing could be seen beyond it and gave off an unnatural, almost other-wordly feeling. Harian shot them all a smile and stepped in as the door shut behind her. There was a brass plaque on the door, Harian's name written in elegant cursive on the front.

Extra Locations
Tartarus Bank

Tartarus is the premiere Supernatural Bank created by Anastasius, more commonly to other Supernaturals as Mr. Gold, a brilliant entity who can facilitate auctions, trades and broker even peace deals between two parties with bad blood. At Tartarus, you can safely store your magical objects, or other mentos of value to you, or buy from others, or even meet with your enemies, as it is considered Neutral ground. This kind of power and trust behind the Tartarus brand has allowed Anastasius to circulate and standardize the Drachma coin named in honor of the ancient Greek currency among the supernatural world. Entities can exchange these amongst themselves for services rendered, enough of these can be used for Services at Tartarus, though Anastasius and the Gorgon Sisters don't come cheap. The coins can be exchanged for minor or greater wishes depending on how many you have or other favors.

A coin tossed into a source of water (sacrificed) can safely open a passage to Tartarus where ever you are. If you lack the funds to make the passage, the bank can usually be accessed through a moral bank at the correct hour with the proper offering. The vaults themselves are guarded by the Sisters themselves who have the ability to instinctively know who is in the facility and move around it, even through walls, along with their collection of Greek monsters and pets.

Last edited:
Bestiary

plague rat battle 1.jpg
Plague Rat
Servant of one of the higher forms of pestilence demon. These small but potent monsters contain a magic-born poison in their saliva that slowly consumes the souls of their victims. Humans are highly affected some being consumed in minutes, demons, gods and spirits will be consumed more slowly, the poison sometimes taking hours. The process is very painful. They are fast, though relatively weak and generally attack in hordes of several hundred. Counteracting the poison can be done in 2 ways: Divine purification of the wound or the destruction of the demon that is in control.

pestilence demon.jpgSuper-powered Pestilence Demon

A demon that, on its own, is not strong enough to challenge even the lowest-tiered angel, but something has been feeding this demon, bolstering its power. It is now strong enough to bring about a global pandemic that would wipe out a staggering number of people in the world. This demon is responsible for directing the plague rats that attacked out heroes at The World's End Pub in London.

gargoyle.jpg

Gargoyle

These creatures are about the size of lions, though bulkier. Their skin has the consistency of stone and they are near bulletproof save for point blank range. They are powerful but slow. Often they are trained to guard places, perching on rooftops to blend in with the stonework. They jaws have a crushing strength and their wings and tails can break bones like twigs.

automaton monster.jpg

Automaton angel
This strange creature is protected by spiked metal armour that repels divine attacks. It is extremely fast and very powerful. A fight in Paris revealed this monster to be a djinn, given special equipment in order to more easily defeat our heroes, a miscalculation that cost the djinn his life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back