• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Time: Sometime after the fight in Paris
Interaction: Falarion and Harian

The singing echoed briefly in the Notre Dame and then faded. Falarion blinked away tears, wiping at his cheeks and taking a shuddering breath. It had been so real to him and yet here he stood amongst the rubble once more. He looked at the altar and swore he could hear the faintest, “I do,” from a world he no longer lived in.
Turning away, Falarion made his way through the ruined pews, broken wood sticking out this way and that. He muttered a curse near the entrance when he got a splinter in his hand, but continued making his way outside. He exited the Notre Dame, absentmindedly trying to pull the splinter out of his hand and nearly tripped right over Harian in the process.

Falarion swung his arms out theatrically to stop himself from falling onto her and looked down at her in surprise.
“Harian? What-why are you here?”
He had imagined she would have surely gone after Gabriel to apologize just as she had done to him, but he had been wrong again. Unaware of his red eyes from when he had cried, Falarion sat down beside her and leaned back on his hands with his legs out straight down the stairs. He was not entirely sure what to say, so he quietly watched the falling petals nearby, letting Harian take her time in responding. He felt unusually quiet after the moment he had just experienced and was not rushed to tease or taunt anyone.
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Interaction: Harian & Falarion

Harian sighed , not expecting to be discovered, but no longer having the energy to be upset about it.
"I'm here...because in all this miserable world full of wounded people, at a time when I think Paris was it's most miserable of all...someone I knew took comfort in the fact that a place like Notre Dame stood. So I'm here...hoping that maybe it'll do the same for me."
She turned to him with a pointed glance, intent on changing the subject. "Why are you here?"

Timing: sometime after Paris
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

Harian let out a breath.
She jumped down off the table and stood up, changing form into a large gorilla.
"And how's putting yourself in this state supposed to make me happy?" She grumbled, not giving him a chance to protest and grabbing him roughly by the collar and swinging him over one shoulder.
"Jeez, you want to help me? You can't even help yourself."
When Harian walked through the front door Jophiel put down his newspaper and got up.
"How did it go?"
Harian pushed passed him, Gabriel still hefted like a sack of potatoes in one tree-trunk, hair arm.
"This is why I don't talk to people."
Jophiel paused with a slight frown. "Oh dear."

The healing pool was bright and pristine as ever, and Gabriel went sailing headfirst into it.
"He's all yours Joph. I'm done babysitting."
The gorilla shrank back into a human woman and turned for the door. Jophiel followed just to the frame.
"Are you going to tell him about those?"
He pointed down to the edge of her sleeves, where large, black welts could be seen just under the fabric, traces of her damaged essence. She couldn't disguise them, all she could do was use a bit of her intact essence to hide them.
"What? Tell him that I was punished for what happened on the Centre Isle back in Paris and send him into another depressive spiral? No. I'm not. And neither are you."
She left then and Jophiel turned back to his patient, rolling up his sleeves.

Gabriel was set into a bed in a room he wouldn't recognize. Almost everything in it was white and outside a blue sky peppered with fluffy white clouds could be seen.
Jophiel sat in a chair by the bed, a pair of reading glasses perched on his elegant nose. The door was visible just beyond him.
Jophiel was looking at the justicar thoughtfully, as if waiting for him to speak first.
Naberius Naberius

Falarion was quiet, patiently listening to Harian’s explanation. He became thoughtful, imagining what kind of person could have impacted Harian in such a way as to have her sitting her in a thoughtful, albeit slightly miserable, state of her own. He was very curious to know more, but decided it may not be the best time to pry.
Hearing her question, Falarion tilted his head to the side and peered at Harian’s downcast face.
“Well, my dear, I am here because in this miserable world of wounded people, someone I once knew loved the church and all the good it supposedly stood for.”
As Falarion spoke, his usually youthful tone seemed to diminish a bit, becoming deeper and more aged. It even toko on a slight British accent, though Falarion would never admit that the accent part was intentional.
Looking out across the courtyard now, Falarion said quietly, “Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.”
He did not say anything more after this, ironically allowing silence to envelop the pair. He would speak again if Harian did not catch his drift, but Falarion felt she might understand his underlying message.

Gabriel lay still and motionless, staring out into the morning sky. He had begun to finally get some small part of himself back. After the much-needed detox and rest, he was almost starting to feel like a person again. He lay there for a few minutes, ignoring the ageless archangel blatantly staring at him. Eventually, though, he sighed. He couldn't just ignore reality. Ironically, this little childish tantrum he threw helped to ground him a bit. He was, in a way, starting to grow up.

"So Doctor House, am I going to make it? What kind of horrible disease or incurable illness have I contracted?"

The words were spoken with very little of his usual good cheer. Instead, they were filled with a bit of a bite, something very alien and disconcerting coming from someone usually far more jovial and happy.
He wasn't angry at Jophiel, or even Harian. He was angry at himself for thinking he could actually hope to make someone happy. That he too could find that happiness himself in someone else. Human foolishness at it's most deplorable.

Harian shot Falarion an annoyed look. "Are you patronizing me monkey?"
She listened to his cryptic message and snorted.
"You want me to what? Go apologize? For not feeling the same way? I do not have to do that. Trust me when I say he's better off." She caught her hand as it lifted from her knee, fingers stopping an inch away from her lips. The sensation was still there, and the memory flooded back unbidden.
"It should never have gone as far as it did..."
She snapped out of her thoughts and retorted angrily: "I don't have to talk about this with you. Pick something else."

Lioness075 Lioness075

Jophiel regarded him warmly over the top of his spectacles. Jophiel, did not need spectacles. But he felt, for this particular purpose, it fit the image.
"Depression is manageable Gabriel, but for now I'd like to focus on something else: I'd like to get to the root of what is causing you distress presently."
He drew out a clipboard and began scribbling a few notes.
"Let's start with how you are feeling right now."
After a moment's pause he felt he should explain.
"Oh, I'm a licensed therapist in about 50 human countries, and I've obtained right to practice from several immortal institutions as well. I felt, after your disappearance and the subsequent weakness to the team, that you could benefit from sessions. So, shall we continue?"
Naberius Naberius
((I think we should cut this interaction about here))

Falarion sighed and sat back on the steps once more. Perhaps he had not been as tactful as he had hoped. He had instead struck a raw nerve, one that likely would need time to heal.
Time was a fickle thing for immortals and Falarion found it taxing after the years. He was not entirely keen on waiting for much in his life anymore, as it seemed everything went by too quickly in the long run. He hated missing out on anything nowadays.

At the suggestion of discussing something else, Falarion glanced around the courtyard, finally noticing the graveyard stones used for the paving. It was a creepy idea to use them in such a way, but Falarion found he rather liked the appeal. It was a weird way of fantasizing death. Though, humans were very weird sometimes.
Sitting up straighter, Falarion brought his hands into his lap, as he began picking at the splinter once more. As he did so, his younger tone returned as he asked, “Well, how about we discuss something happier then? You talk of this person who seemed to have helped you better appreciate the beauty of this city despite its flaws. Few humans are good at seeing that sort of thing. Would you like to talk about them?”

Timing: 2 weeks after the docks

It had been a rough stretch of time for Gabriel. In the past couple of weeks he had gone from completely devastated, to cynical and jaded, and was finally in the process of approaching something that was almost similar to his normal self. He had purposely avoided ever being in the same room alone with any of the others for the entire length of time. That day started out better than the last few had been. He wasn't in such a dark mood. The meds helped, Jophiel having put him on a regiment when he began his mandatory rehabilitation. It was slow going. And he still had questions that needed answers. To that end, he found himself in the gym training area. She was there.

When he first entered, he said nothing. He simply set about his usual routine. Stretching and pre-workout Tai Chi before going after several practice dummies with an intensity beyond what was really necessary. No words passed for quite a while, though finally he had had enough.

"Hey."

It was simple, and didn't mean very much. Just a greeting. But it was the beginning of a long but necessary healing process.

Now that was better. Harian could work with that question.
"I dunno if it's that much happier but...I do have good memories." Harian looked out at the Siene, backed right up against the Cathedral's Southern facade.
"Jeanne. Joan, in English I guess. She was the leader of a band of revolutionaries during the overthrow of the crown...and one of the only masters I didn't immediately want to murder."
Harian pulled the memories from the back of her mind, smiling at the first sight of the human who had called her that time.
"She wasn't a sorceress. She learned everything about the spells from just one book...her bindings were so full of holes I could have escaped and killed her instantly, then been back off to my dimension for another hundred years, but I guess it was the look in her eyes that stopped me. She was desperate, like she had nothing left to lose..."Please" she begged me. "Please, I have to free my people.""
Harian folded her arms on her knees and rested her head on them, looking at the monkey god with sly intent.
"So...do I get to know who you were talking about?"

It was easy for Harian to consider the blades extensions of herself, because they were. Her essence had been beautifully-sculpted into replicas of the very blades she fought with in Kadesh, a gift from a powerful Pharoah.
The movement was like a dance, and Harian moved with the fluidity of water, the grace built through centuries of honing. She was dressed in black, knee-length yoga pants and a white t-shirt with a cartoon man, fists raised in a green suit and bowler. The words read "Fightin' Irish". Harian thought it fit for a gym persona anyway, and she prided herself on creating those. She blew a bubble with the gum she had been chewing and popped it before moving into the next set.
She had noticed someone come in, but didn't look who it was. The set, once begun, must be completed.
The noise of the dummies being pounded into the mats was what made her look round. The angry accusation died on her lips as she saw who it was.
"Hey." She returned, her expression guarded, trying to suss out his state of emotion before saying anything else.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel kept up his rhythm, going through forms and styles long since mastered but that had become rusty from weeks of no training. The intensity of his strikes lessened, though. He noticed he had been holding his breath for a time, keeping it pent up like he did his emotions. He exhaled, and with it went the rigidity in his frame. He had been holding on to his anger without even realizing it. But he was too tired now to keep it up. He wasn't an angry person by nature, and it exhausted him mentally and emotionally to try and cling to it so fiercely.

"For what it's worth...I'm sorry. And....thank you..."

He kept his words short, still afraid that he might lose himself to that voice again. It was there still, but much less so and shrinking every day. For the first time since Paris, he found himself smiling, even if it was barely recognizable as such. Just the corners of his mouth raised a fraction. But it was something.

Harian looked surprised. Her Khopesh evaporated from her hands and she crossed her arms, popping another bubble and watching him carefully.
"Sorry...for what exactly?" Her tone was still careful, but warmer. She had stopped practicing, and took the few tentative steps over to the dummies to sit down on the edge of the mats. A slew of harsh words crossed her mind but she shoved them all to the back of her mind. Perhaps, before, she would have had no issue using them, pushing him and everyone else farther away. She had an issue with it now.
"Look, you don't have to say anything...about what happened...not if you don't want to...but if you have any questions, I'll answer them as much as I'm allowed to."
Naberius Naberius

For a few moments, Gabriel said nothing. He simply continued his set. He executed a particularly complex combination of strikes, landing blows precisely where, on a human body, several pressure points would have been located. He stepped back and walked over to a bag he had brought with him, taking from it a rag and wiping the sweat from his face and neck. He sighed, and took a seat several feet away from her. He still didn't want to get too close. The memory of what might happen was still too fresh. But his smile returned too, for just an instant, recalling that one moment of bliss they shared together.

"I won't say that I regret what I did. I won't lie to you like that. I did what I felt was right. I made the wrong call. That is why I'm sorry. And...I only have 2 questions. But if you're not ready for them, then we can both just walk away, no hard feelings. What I truly want to know is....Why? Why did you return my affection in that one moment, but cast it aside the next? And....why did you keep it? ...The picture, I mean. And yes, I saw it. I saw everything after you shoved Falarion into the water."

His tone wasn't accusatory, as it once might have been. It was simply curious, like a child asking why the sky is blue or why the leaves change colors in autumn. There was no anger, or sorrow to be found either. It was strange somehow, coming from someone often so emotional.

Harian felt like she'd been slammed back into the pain of that night, fresh as if it had just happened. She couldn't stop it from appearing on her face and she hugged herself as she though of how best to answer. Her smile was bitter. "Jeez, you don't beat around the bush."
She had tried to push him away, but despite all his appearing simple, Gabriel was much more perceptive than she had hoped, and she was not half as good at hiding her emotions as she needed to be.
She looked at him helplessly for a moment, as if she wanted to say so many things, but something was stopping her.
"Y-you're right...to ask those questions." She took a shaky breath, it was clear she was trying to choose her words very carefully, navigating treacherous obstacles that no one could see.
"I know...I told you not to trust me, but please believe me when I say, that answering those questions now..."
She stopped herself, pulling up from a mine in the water of her thoughts. The bindings were a hairline fuse, set to explode into one of the torture spells if she put even a toe across them.
"I...I don't want to lose you." She said finally.
"Until...until I'm free, I can't tell you more than that..."

There was a long silence. Harian traced the lines of him carefully, as if committing them to memory, or taking time to appreciate a longed-for sight.
"I missed you, you know?" Her tone took on a little more of it's usual, teasing playfulness. "I keep burning the popcorn....plus you have the netflix password."
Naberius Naberius

Realization and understanding finally dawned on Gabriel, and for the first time in weeks, he engaged in the time honored tradition of mentally kicking himself for being such an idiot. His expression changed from curious to worried. He turned and met her eyes, but instead of asking anything more, he simply switched to a smile, and shrugged.

"I trust you. When have I ever listened to your advice anyway? I'm the idiot, remember?"

A piece of him that had been missing since that day had finally been found. He couldn't say that things were necessarily back to normal. But It was definitely a step in the right direction. For the briefest of moments, he shot her a look of affectionate concern.

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry. You're not alone anymore. And don't say anything else. I....care about you too much to put you in danger just to satisfy my own curiosity. I can be patient for a while longer."

Then the look was gone, as quickly as it had appeared. And he was smiling again. That same goofy smile that for so long was a staple of his entire being. He gave her a knowing wink. Then his expression changed again, this time to playful mock horror.

"Harian! You haven't skipped ahead and watched John Wick part 3 without me have you?"

Falarion, sadly, was not too keen on history in general and felt bad when Harian spoke so highly of this Joan person that he had never heard of. He felt like someone helping to overthrow the crown had likely made it in the history textbooks. It was not like he had been raised with a proper education. Just another one of many things he did not know about the world around him.
Seeing Harian delving into her memories and smiling at them brought a smile to Falarion's face as well. He had a fondness for memories and always loved to hear the good ones from people, even the bad ones. Memories helped shape a person into who they are today and Falarion believed strongly in this, even for immortals.
Whoever this Joan person was, she had certainly meant a lot to Harian and Falarion was very curious that the simple fact of the human wanting so desperately to save her people had convinced Harian to stick around even when she did not need to. It seemed clear to him that Harian did not feel this way right now about humans and he had to wonder what had changed since her time with Joan. There had to be a fracture in her personality, no, in her past that caused a crack in who she was. Falarion knew better than to ask though. That was something deeply personal and likely was a scar of her past that she would very much like to leave alone.
Harian's question immediately widened Falarion's smile and he leaned back once more, ignoring the pesky splinter in his hand. He looked up at the sky, admiring the fluffy white clouds drifting along slowly against the bright blue backdrop of the atmosphere.
"Ah, yes, *her*. I suppose it's only fair I answer, a question for a question. Well, I've met many lovely lasses in my life, some briefly and some far longer." He smirked as he added, "I've also met some handsome chaps, but to each their own, yes?"
Clearing his throat, Falarion said, "Anyways, the one you're referring to was very special to me, I suppose similarly to your Joan. She was an art student traveling the world and we happened to cross paths in New Delhi. She had such a strong wanderlust, but somehow I managed to convince her to stay a while longer. She had this beautiful view of the world and this ability to see the beauty in everything that most would miss. The diamond in the rut, I believe the saying goes."
Closing his eyes, Falarion inhaled deeply and then sighed. "She helped change my viewpoint of the world and she got me into photography. Obviously, I could not tell her who I truly am, but I wanted to find a way to keep memories for longer than my brain can hold them. I'm a horrid artist when it comes to drawing or painting, but we discovered I have quite the eye when it comes to photography."
Wistfully, Falarion concluded, "I still take photographs to this day. I guess it's my way of remembering her while still creating new memories for the eons to come."
Unlike Harian, Falarion was unafraid of sharing most of his own past. Albeit, he was unaware of her contract restricting her from answering all questions. He enjoyed sharing fond memories with others and it always brightened his day to share someone who meant a lot to him with someone else. He enjoyed sharing and even more so, enjoyed learning about every person he met.

The look of pure gratitude on Harian's face could have lit the room. Relief and a sudden surge of happiness flooded through her. He understood, and for the first time in what felt like an eternity, Harian truly felt like she wasn't alone. All this was apparent on her face. She gave a long sigh and flopped backward, feeling like someone had pulled a thorn from the middle of her spine. The tension ebbed like an old tide.
Harian lay there for a moment, just smiling, when she finally sat back up, her jewel-bright eyes were shining in a new way. A brighter way.
At Gabriel's playful accusation she laughed, something she had not done for a very long time.
"What? Watch it without you? And miss your dopey face whenever something good happens? Never!"
Suddenly an idea dawned on her and she sprung to her feet.
"Hey! We're in the gym. You promised to teach me." She put her fists up in a mockery of the cartoon figure on her shirt. "So how 'bout it? Got the guts to step into the ring with me?"

Naberius Naberius

The djinn rolled her eyes at Falarion's playful boasting, but she listened genuinely as she spoke of the girl that had captured his interest.
"No wonder you liked her, you have a lot in common...and no, it's 'rough', 'a diamond in the rough'."
Understanding suddenly burst onto Harian's face.
"That's the thing with you and that stupid camera!...I thought you just loved being annoying."
It was impossible to forget the pain that stabbed at her almost continually since Gabriel had walked away, but the ordeal had left her with just too little energy to fight anyone, and she found that listening to them was not a bad alternative. Focusing on Falarion and his conversation helped.
He had shared something dear to him, so, Harian decided to pay it back:
"This form I have?" She pointed at her chest. "This...is her. Jeanne. I mean, I changed the hair, a bit, and smokey eye wasn't a thing back then but...she..never got to see the monarchy fall." Harian paused for a moment then, needing a bit of time to continue. "I took her form, and lead the final assault...it was the last thing I did for her before I went home. Seeing her face in the mirror everyday, it reminds me that even with all the dark in this world...there are still things I like about it.."
Harian tilted her head, looking at the monkey god in a new light.
"Hey, what's her name? Your art student?"
Lioness075 Lioness075

Interaction: Jophiel, Nero, Phillip, Kiyomi, Zoya

Nero was still getting used to the idea of dedicated bathrooms and the machines that were within them, but even with his increasingly drunken mindset, he decided that it would be best to relieve himself in 'a place where it is considered proper conduct' - at least, that was what he'd been told when taking to a bush in one of the cities he visited. There was perhaps never a time that he'd run faster than that day, from the authorities in the area who'd come to investigate a young man relieving himself in the streets of Sydney.
For now he found himself trying to walk a straight line back to the table where the others were.

It didn't take him too long to reach them and with impressive grace considering his state of mind, Nero sidled up behind Jophiel, tapped him on the left arm, almost immediately ducking to his right instead and standing with his arms crossed. They now stood shoulder to shoulder, with Nero grinning from ear to ear and only hoping that the effort had worked.
Unsurprisingly, the image of Phil on the ground brought a light and hearty chuckle rumbling through his chest. He hadn't heard a shred of the conversation they'd had just moments beforehand, so the sight of a sullen Zoya simply confused him. "Wha- what even happen 'ere?" The words were slurred and at the sight of Kiyomi, Nero gasped. His elbow nudged Joph and he gestured toward her. "She 'as even more tails than Fal... and ears, too! Weird. She looks like a fox."

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Feywild Feywild MrBossMan MrBossMan

Gabriel met that wonderful smile and those beautiful eyes with a look just as vibrant and full of ecstatic joy. They couldn't have their moment. Not yet. But he would be here all the same. Not just because he made a promise. Not just because it was the right thing to do. Not because he may profit from doing so. But because she needed him, and he wanted to. And he cared far too much about her to let her suffer alone.
It may have taken longer than I would have liked. But I finally understand. And I'll never leave your side again.

He stood, matching her enthusiasm and bouncing around on the balls of his feet and loosening his muscles.

"So, you think you've got what it takes to study under a master of the arts? Why don't you show me what you can really do, then. But I warn you, I won't be holding back."

Gabriel struck his own fighting pose, a perfect Baji Quan Empty stance, his hands held open and loose.

Last edited:
Kiyomi
Interaction: Zoya, Phillip, Jophiel, and Nero

The tension that hung in the air like a dark cloud finally began to lighten as the situation was addressed by both Kiyomi and Jophiel who joined shortly after. There was a warm smile on her face as she glanced over at the angel beside her, nodding in agreement with his stern yet truthful words. Her gaze returned to Zoya, listening quietly to her apology. She understood why she was embarrassed, and the Kitsune remained completely calm while the woman sitting at the table tripped over her own words in an irritated tone. Despite the fact that Phillip had a black eye, Kiyomi was simply glad the quarrel was over now.

With a gentle smile, she clapped her hands in front of her excitedly, a loose strand of ivory hair falling in front of her eyes.

"How wonderful! It seems everything worked out in the end, didn't it?" She spoke in a kind voice, taking a moment to glance around at each and every one of them. Lowering her hands, Kiyomi noticed a minotaur out of the corner of her eye, balancing a silver platter of shimmering wine glasses on a single hoof. It was quite impressive actually.

She reached out and swooped away one of the glasses from its shiny perch just as he happened to pass by, cradling the delicate crystalline between her slender fingers. Wine was not her preferred drink of choice, but it would have to do for now.

"Now that that's over, I think I'll enjoy myself for awhile." She murmured, winking playfully at Zoya and raising the edge of the glass to her lips. In seconds, Kiyomi had completely swallowed every last drop, dipping her head back and letting out a soft sigh. If someone else had downed their drink in one sitting like that, it would've looked absolutely barbaric. Somehow, Kiyomi made the gesture look graceful and fluid as she lowered the empty glass, her white hair swaying gently from the small motion.

For a sliver of a moment, the Kitsune just stood there quietly, holding the glass in one hand and smiling at the others. However that smile suddenly dissolved into a surprised frown as blackness clouded her vision, specks of light flitting about like fireflies.

What's happening to me?

A pounding headache shook her thoughts and she was unable to think. With a small stumble, Kiyomi took a step backwards to catch herself and bumped into Jophiel unknowingly. Her whole body was numb and every inch of her milky skin prickled with tiny electrifying jolts.

Eyes glowing bright and face devoid of emotion, she suddenly froze and stared forward, like a forgotten doll locked away in a glass case. The restaurant had vanished, and Kiyomi now stood alone, darkness slinking around her like a predator in the night. She tried to move, but it felt as if her limbs had ceased all function and they remained glued in place. This felt like a nightmare that would never end.

All of her racing thoughts suddenly came to a standstill as the soft cry of a baby echoed in the distance. It grew louder and louder until the deafening cry was all around her, repeating endlessly like a voice projecting into a deep, dark cave. The cry was so loud that she could practically feel her eardrums rattling.

And then... it stopped. There was not a single sound, only silence. A chill ran down her spine.

Something appeared in the distance. Kiyomi squinted to try and make out what it was, still unable to move no matter how badly she fought against the invisible force. It was a gate, towering through the shadows like a doorway to hell. It swung open violently with a high-pitched creak, revealing nothing but darkness on the other side. Suddenly, there was a deep rumble that sounded like rushing water, and it was approaching fast. A river of blood gushed past the metallic bars, pouring forward in crimson waves that stained the dark floor. Kiyomi was still glued in place, watching in horror as the river crashed through the darkness with no indication of stopping. Just before the swell of red liquid consumed the helpless Kitsune, she clenched her eyes shut, preparing to feel the burning sensation of blood forcing itself down her throat as she drowned.

That feeling never came. Instead, the comforting sounds of the restaurant returned. Voices mingled with one another, glasses clinked, and the aroma of food wafted through the air. Kiyomi opened her eyes slowly to find a swirl of color that welcomed her back to reality. There was not a single drop of blood, a terrifying gate from hell, nor the piercing cry of a baby much to her relief. Her mind was in shambles and she was much too intoxicated to even stop and think about the horror she had just witnessed. Kiyomi was leaning completely on Jophiel for support now, her back against his chest as she glanced around the deformed restaurant with a look of confusion on her face. Kiyomi arched an eyebrow and blinked rapidly, trying to clear her vision.

"Oh my... *hiccup* that's one STRONG drink." She mumbled softly to herself. The special wine had hit her instantly and she was now completely drunk.

Barely registering her surroundings, Kiyomi finally realized that there was a body pressed against hers, so she tilted her head to see who this mystery person was. She gazed up to find the blurry outline of a person hovering over her and her blue eyes squinted suspiciously. Like a camera lens attempting to adjust, Jophiel's blurry face suddenly became crystal clear and her eyes widened at the sight. Their faces were only separated by a few inches. Standing so close like this, Kiyomi had never took the time to actually LOOK at Jophiel. He was an incredibly handsome man, and in the heat of the moment, the Kitsune found him absolutely irresistible. With his sparkling blue eyes staring into hers, her drunkenness only intensified her attraction to him and a jaw dropping smile appeared across her lips.

"We should do this more often, Jophiel." She purred, shifting her body closer against his. For the rest of the group, her current behavior was foreign and most likely hilarious to see. Her personality had completely flipped, and she was smitten with Jophiel. The Kitsune had never been drunk in front of them before.

Her tails brushed against his legs as she swiveled around to face him. A hand snaked upwards, gently brushing against his chest and resting there while she gazed towards him.

"So... tell me. What do you look for in a woman? Surely you must have a type." Her voice dripped with honey as she spoke to the angel.

MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild SilverFlight SilverFlight Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Last edited:

Wistfully, Falarion continued to watch the clouds as he whispered, "Yeah, we sure did."
Hearing that he had misspoken for the saying, Falarion grinned and snapped out of his reverie. He finally looked at Harian again and said, "Well, at least I got close!"
Both seeing and hearing Harian's understanding about his camera obsession made Falarion laugh, which quietly echoed across the courtyard. Nearby, some sparrows were startled from a bush and flew out past the cathedral's ruins.
With a playful grin, Falarion teased, "Yes, well the being annoying part is just a perk."
Falarion almost lightly punched her in the shoulder after saying this, but quickly restrained himself from doing so. He did not want to ruin the moment. After all, this was the first time Falarion had ever seen Harian relax and talk with him like this. He had no way of knowing how long the moment would last.
When Harian mentioned her form and pointed at herself, Falarion sat up a bit straighter and looked at her, giving her his undivided attention. A slow smile formed across his features, as his own understanding dawned on him. He never would have known about the form she always took and it he was thrilled to know that Harian had just enough trust with him to share it. When she took a moment to continue, Falarion patiently waited and did not break the silence. He understood not all sharing was easy and sometimes it hurt a little even when it felt good to get something off one's chest. His smile was wide by the time Harian finished and while she immediately tried to switch to another subject, he lightly bumped his elbow against hers. He figured anything more caring would be taken the wrong way, so he opted for the simplest of touch instead.
Quietly, Falarion said to her, "Harian, thank you for sharing that. It means a lot to me when people are willing to give me some of their fondest memories in life."
Then Falarion lightened up once more and glanced out across the courtyard, watching as some birds hopped around in the grass.
"Her name was Samantha, though she would be damned if you had called her by that. She had always preferred Sam."
Falarion felt a twinge in his heart and his smile faltered for the briefest second before it was back and he absentmindedly began picking at the rebellious splinter still in his hand.

Interaction: Jophiel, Nero, Kiyomi, Zoya

Jophile felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to find no one there, in a classic falling for Nero's ruse, he turned right the way round, stepping back in surprise when the youth appeared at his elbow.
"Nero! Thank goodness. Are you...oh no." Jophiel didn't need a very good look to tell that the boy was drunk.
"Harian." He muttered her name like a curse. Of course she'd done this on purpose. Nero was staring at Kyomi now, and marking her many tails.
"Yes, I suppose we need to have a conversation about the nature of our team...but later, when you're not all intoxicated...oh, when I get my hands on that djinn..."
Before he could say a word Kiyomi had another glass in her hand.
"Oh, I wouldn't...not that quickly!" But it was too late. Jophiel gave the waiter a pained look, who shrugged and walked off.
The effects took hold almost immediately, but when Kiyomi began to swoon he guessed something was wrong. The archangel of wisdom had a vague memory of reading somewhere that millennia kitsune had some gift for future sight.
He caught her as she slumped forward. "Oh...fiddlesticks...Kiyomi?" He was stuck. he could do nothing but support her until she came too again.
He stood there by the table awkwardly, the kitsune held with delicate reservation in both arms.
Auros came up to them, trying to hide a delighted smile as he saw the angel's unusual predicament.
"Bonjour Jophiel, the usual today?"
"Yes thank you Auros...it looks like I won't be going anytime soon..."
Just about then Kiyomi began to wake and Jophiel sent a silent thanks to the heavens...but only until he saw the look in her eyes. "..Oh..."
"So... tell me. What do you look for in a woman? Surely you must have a type." She purred as she pressed into him.
"I don't look. Or, not for a very long while...I...oh God give me strength..."
He took her gently by the shoulders, trying his best to extricate his limbs from her twining tails and moving to try and sit her down on one of the chairs.
"Auros, please bring me something to take the edge off this bloody wine, and tell your waiters that if they come within ten feet of this table with more I won't tip them!"
The minotaur laughed heartily, "So it shall be done." He teased, and left to see to the instructions.
The drink that was brought to them next was cool and mildly sweet, and though it wouldn't remove all of the effects, it would make them at least a little more clear-headed. Jophiel sat finally with a flustered sigh.
"I didn't miss anything else while I was on my way did I?" He asked the team at length, only a little bit of exasperation left in his patient tone.
The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Feywild Feywild Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

((I'm doing them one at a time))

Harian laughed, and made a promise to herself then, she was never going to try and push him away again.
"You better not! I came here to learn, not be pampered just because I look harmless. It's all for show Justicar. I'm deadly!"
To her credit, Harian did not go down straight away, but it was clear that hand to hand, without a blade, Harian was very clearly lacking in technique. Gabriel fought circles around her.
She hit the mat for the third time in 20 minutes and this time she lay there on her back for a moment, simply laughing.
"So maybe I'm slightly less deadly than I said I was. Sue me."
She sat up, still smiling.
"So, how do I git gud?"
Then she had an idea, "Hey guru, if you're so good, can you design a new style that let's me use my other forms?"
She stood up and immediately became a massive black bear, then in a leapt the became a panther and then shrank down into a weasel and back again to a human.
"Because I'm not gonna lie, that would be complete legend."
Naberius Naberius

Timing: 2 weeks after the docks Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

Gabriel found that he enjoyed their sparring matches. Not because he won more often than not, truth be told he didn't care about the outcome. But it was the first time they had ever spent this much time together. Alone. It was a day he would never forget.

"You have the necessary raw talent, you just need to hone your technique. And no, I'm not just saying that because you have nice eyes."

He teased her lightly, throwing her a playful wink.

"And don't think I didn't see your blade work earlier. Just because you might be slightly lacking in the unarmed category doesn't detract from your skill. You move like someone who has seen countless battles. Which I suppose is technically probably true."

He snagged a bottle of water from the bag he brought and took a seat as she flowed through her animal forms with liquid grace. He had to admit, it was very impressive. He had seen his fair share of shifters before, even fought a skinwalker once. But even they didn't compare to the ease and grace she possessed.

"I suppose I could give it a shot, I've never made my own style before. I'm not Bruce Lee. And to 'git gud', you'll just have to practice. We can make these little sparring matches a regular thing if you want."

Gabriel stood and stretched, walking over to stand near Harian, crossing his arms. No matter what they faced in the future, at least they had these few short moments together to remember. He smiled then. It was a full smile, his eyes lighting up with a bright, dazzling joy. He couldn't remember the last time he had been so truly happy.

"And... Don't worry. I won't tell the others how much of a softy you are. That'll be our little secret."

Harian rolled her "nice eyes" at the compliment, but she was grinning broadly.
"Yeah, I don't think I was ever summoned outside a war...or a revolution or a massacre...kinda depressing ultimately. You humans are really focused on fighting."
She seemed genuinely excited when he offered to try inventing a style for her, and even more pleased when he brought up regular sessions.
"I'd like that." And that answer was the most earnest truth.
There was that brilliant smile again and Harian had to make sure she didn't singe the mats. Was that reaction ever going to be less intense?
She laughed at his last jab.
"Appreciated, what have I got if not my fake reputation?...think fast!" Harian lunged at him, shifting into a tiger mid-step and rearing up to try and knock him down under her massive paws. The claws were carefully tucked away.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel could barely contain himself. He felt like a kid again. For that small window of time they shared, he forgot all about the world ending, all the pain he had been through and all the people he had lost. Sure, helping her learn how to properly defend herself helped the team as well, but it was also an excuse to share more of these moments.
"Well, if humans are good at anything it's finding creative ways to kill each other. That and music. And movies. And I guess Ayramis would argue food too. And we make some pretty awesome graphic T-shirts."
The lunge caught him off guard and he tripped. It wasn't his best moment. After the surprise, he couldn't help but laugh. Gods, it felt good to laugh. A week ago, he was so sure he had lost any hope of ever repairing their bond. For once in his life, Gabriel was absolutely ecstatic to be so wrong about something.
"Oh come on, that's cheating!"

"Oh and the mighty Gabriel is down!" Harian laughed and played at swatting his face with massive paws, using her superior weight to pin him.
"It's looking ugly for our hero, the beast is coming out on top!"
She gave up swatting at him and just lay down, only just making sure he had enough room to breathe.
"Not a cat person huh?" The tiger said with Harian's voice, and grinned, which looked terrifying.
Naberius Naberius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back