• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kqidons growled at his swift move and retaliated Lux's pissed look with a death glare before begrudgingly letting Lux enter first before her. Best hope these two don't get in a fight before they met the captain.

The interior is simple, using little details and providing nothing more than seats and poles. The closest thing to entertainment was a small pile of magazines and newspapers that are probably outdated. The doors close and the train starts moving again. It rumbles forward to its next destination: the North Pole of Kepler.

Kokoro remains standing up and waiting readily for the eventual arrival at their stop. She can't help but try to think - what is the captain like? And if this a crew formed before she and the other three even join it, where are the pre-existing members? Too many questions at once, and perhaps time will tell soon enough.

Lux went to the corner of the roomy section of the train, and began fiddling with little trinkets that seemed to have appeared out of his cloak.

Ma'arz took a newspaper from the pile and proceeds to sit near Lux in an attempt to initiate small chat. Meanwhile, Kqidons grabs ahold of the pole near her and squeezes it in anger, staring daggers at the masked soldier. It seems as though simple intimidation doesn't affect this man at all. Perhaps he's right. He is not what she thinks he is: a showoff. If she's going to ensure the fact that she should be just as feared as he is, she needs to resort to more... extreme measures.

"So... hello, sir." Ma'arz quietly greeted him. "I'm not too sure if we've already introduced ourselves, but to make sure..." He held out his hand. "I'm Ma'arz Genlonz. I am an interdisciplinary scientist."

Lux looked to the Martian, eyes showing neutrality. He grabbed his pad, and Ma’arz saw many scars on his hands.
You can call me Lux. I do not speak unless absolutely necessary, you should know

It was written in Martian flawlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Ma'arz saw his neutral eyes and seemingly not engaging in his handshake, he slowly puts his hand down. "T-That's fine. I'm not-" He tried to say before he saw the man grab his notepad, where he saw the SEVERE scar tissue that inhabits his skin. His eyes widen and his jaw dropped by this sight, to the point where he only returned to his senses after Lux showed him the message. "Uhh, y-yes. Of course." He responds a little hesitantly.

Lux looks at him curiously, and writes again.
Did you see a ghost?

He wrote. It was a small attempt at humor, but he wasn’t sure if Ma’arz would get it.

"N-No. Not at all to be c-concerned about." He responds quite hastily. Ma'arz wasn't sure how this man would react to the Martian witnessing his... less than stellar physical attribute. Maybe a private topic. Maybe a sign of honor. There are several possibilities, but he isn't just gonna find out what possibility it is.

Lux realized he saw his hand and put it back in the cloak. He looked away for a bit. He then wrote inside his cloak, not even looking into his cloak and showed him his new message.
So why are you approaching me? Do you want something from me?

Was written on the pad.

"Only information about you." He responds initially. "Considering that we may have to work together at a certain timeframe, I thought it might be best if we can get to know each other more." Grabbing one of his briefcases, he puts it on his lap and unlocks one of the two latches. "By the way, what were you tinkering? Perhaps my tools can be of assistance?"

He looked at him, and brought out a small little tinkering project. It doesn’t seem to have a purpose, but they way it’s made shows that it can rotate in any direction endlessly.

Ma'arz took a brief look at this tiny little thing. It seems useless, but he knows that he shouldn't prejudge the usefulness of this device based on its outward appearance alone. Unlatching another lock, he opens the briefcase, revealing a lot of advanced tools and devices. "What is the purpose of the little device?" He plainly asked.

To touch when bored. So you are doing at least something.
He wrote. In essence, he made a fidget toy because he’s bored.

Ma'arz nods in acknowledgment as he looks at the fidget toy curiously. He can't help but think there is a flaw there...

Before he could point anything out, though, the train begins to slow down; they're about to reach their destination.

Lux took his pad and his fidget toy back, and resumed working on it, smoothing it out and fixing its joints because he felt it get stuck, and waited for the train to stop.

Kokoro feels the train slow down while she just stood there and not a lot happened around her - but with the sudden slowing down, Kokoro begins to suddenly look around like 'what is going on' - not because she's scared, mind you. She's actually quite excited at the moment, though she is trying not to show it.

Eventually, the train stops completely and the doors open, revealing the outside to be very similar to the previous station they were in prior to the ride. "Move it!" The General shouts as he exits the train.

With a little 'encouragement' from the shout of the General, Kokoro immediately got moving right then and there - out of the train she goes, though she has absolutely no idea where she is supposed to be going.

Once Lux left the train before Kqidons, the latter begins to sulk behind the masked soldier as the recruits make their way out of the station. After another minute or two of walking, they encounter a large spherical room that has what seems to be a circular elevator. "Alright, boys n girls. This is the space elevator." The General said. "Say hi to it."

Kokoro was tempted to - just for the sake of it, but is unsure if she actually should. She decided on 'no', though would also begin heading there, managing to uphold herself calmly but still never get rid of that lingering physical exterior that kept 'saying' that she was still pretty excited - though to all others, a natural question is 'why'.

Inside the space elevator, which was sleek in design, as usual, was several chairs that had seatbelts and straps attached to it. "Pardon me, sir, but what are the safety straps for?" Ma'arz asked as he entered the elevator. "This elevator isn't AG-supported, so halfway up to the space station, you'll start to feel weightless." The General explains as he took his seat and strap himself in.

Lux looked all around at the sleek interior, and sat down as far away from everyone else and strapped himself in silently, and looked out the window.

"Pardon me, sir, but what are the safety straps for?" Ma'arz asked as he entered the elevator. "This elevator isn't AG-supported, so halfway up to the space station, you'll start to feel weightless." The General explains as he took his seat and strap himself in.
Kokoro just stood there - aware of what needed to be done, but... "...Slight problem? I'm pretty sure I can't, so... what now." She nervously said and asked - ghost logic won't really let her do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back