• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Welp, guess I'll try and slip a shady assassin sort of character in who may or may not have ulterior loyalties/motive accompanying Sigurd.

Also somehow missed the OOC going up. :l

Also also, is magic regarding blood forbidden as per Griswaldr's Runes? Or would something like blood manipulation to bleed out enemies faster be acceptable still?

They Come in the Dark: Aglain possesses the ability to manipulate shadows and darkness into a tangible mass that rises up and blankets his surroundings. It obscures the senses of everyone caught within it except his own, and brings an unnatural chill that saps both resolve and warmth. A more restrained use of the magic envelops Aglain instead of spreading it out, and muffles his presence. His footsteps are silent, his passing leaves no scent, and even a tall and distinctive looking Astrian simply passes without a trace.
ooooh That's the most useful (and personally I find it the most powerful so far) ability the team has right now. The drawbacks must be enormous though 🤔 I'm curious how you will handle that, no pressure tho (just expect me to check your CS often. I can already see the potential for conflict with Kaija seeing as she is loyal to Sigrid, for now heh heh)

ooooh That's the most useful (and personally I find it the most powerful so far) ability the team has right now. The drawbacks must be enormous though 🤔 I'm curious how you will handle that, no pressure tho (just expect me to check your CS often. I can already see the potential for conflict with Kaija seeing as she is loyal to Sigrid, for now heh heh)
Yeah, added in some limitations (namely range/the speed which it follows Aglain around), and don't know if it's going to be approved yet either. Didn't really run it by Primula, durrrrr.

And I figure, Sten or someone else would at least try to have someone keep an eye on Sigurd.

I'm a pretty "eclectic" gal but I do have a fondness for jazz and anything with a lil groove in it. Especially New Orleans Jazz (Just imagine typical Mario music)

One of my favorite song, it just radiate joy

I also like any upbeat song with grim kinda dark lyrics

I'm a pretty "eclectic" gal but I do have a fondness for jazz and anything with a lil groove in it. Especially New Orleans Jazz (Just imagine typical Mario music)

I appreciate jazz too. Very relaxing during the cold nights. I don't have a set preference but I find myself listening to rock to metal songs. Especially since DOOM came out.

I love rock too ! (The only thing they fear is you is one of the song I love cuz it make me so pump up and like monster would fear a noodle like me) For Metal it really depend, the screaming kind not so much but something like ACDC 👌 *chef's kiss*
Like don't tell me this isn't one of the best and strongest intro of all time. I hear that intro when I was a tween and didn't understand a word of English. And the scream and beat still pierce me to this day. I swear it's too raw and powerful.

Welp, guess I'll try and slip a shady assassin sort of character in who may or may not have ulterior loyalties/motive accompanying Sigurd.

Also somehow missed the OOC going up. :l

Also also, is magic regarding blood forbidden as per Griswaldr's Runes? Or would something like blood manipulation to bleed out enemies faster be acceptable still?
Heya! Glad you're here!

Griswaldr Rune, to elaborate, is the manipulation of aetherium (mana) within one's blood to bring about a more devastating effect when converted into raw energy. Very much like a filtering process. Except you're harnessing the impurities, molding it to the point that it is so concentrated with radioactive aetherium that it can neutralizes matter on a molecular level. But more on that in like... 10 RPs.

Blood magic isn't forbidden per se. It is just that the knowledge itself became lost when a group of monster hunters defeated a certain blood-sucking monster (a planned RP for the Groznyverse) and destroyed all records pertaining to the art, lest some bad person gets their hands on it.

Now, with context and exposition out of the way.
Blood manipulation only works when it is spilled and you can physically touch it. So you would have to cut your enemies first. Think of it as plucking a hair from your friend and voodoo them. But in IC, it is doable.

I suppose it'll be up to me to represent all of Gen Z then 😰
Do the dab! Neigh neigh. Whip Whip. (dancing alien) Like your cut gee. It do be like that it do. I'm finna git litty. Bad and boujee. Skrrt skrrt.

Ahem.

It's time to d-d-d-duel!

We all know I like the classics.

Mistur Sendmin. Breng mi a dreym.
Oh wait wrong song.

Unz unz unz. (robs a monastery while wearing wooden masks while raven knights jump you saying "The safeword is Aerilian Gospel.")

Yeah, added in some limitations (namely range/the speed which it follows Aglain around), and don't know if it's going to be approved yet either. Didn't really run it by Primula, durrrrr.

And I figure, Sten or someone else would at least try to have someone keep an eye on Sigurd.
Wooooo. We are lively tonight. Time to go read some CSes.

"This video is unavailable."
Big sad.

I love rock too ! (The only thing they fear is you is one of the song I love cuz it make me so pump up and like monster would fear a noodle like me) For Metal it really depend, the screaming kind not so much but something like ACDC 👌 *chef's kiss*
Like don't tell me this isn't one of the best and strongest intro of all time. I hear that intro when I was a tween and didn't understand a word of English. And the scream and beat still pierce me to this day. I swear it's too raw and powerful.

The days when guitar solos were a thing. 😩

Blood magic isn't forbidden per se. It is just that the knowledge itself became lost when a group of monster hunters defeated a certain blood-sucking monster (a planned RP for the Groznyverse) and destroyed all records pertaining to the art, lest some bad person gets their hands on it.

Blood manipulation only works when it is spilled and you can physically touch it. So you would have to cut your enemies first. Think of it as plucking a hair from your friend and voodoo them. But in IC, it is doable.

Oh cool, figured that would be a limitation. I was thinking he'd coat his weapons in his own blood, so whenever he does nick his opponent's, he can start wearing them down.

On the whole knowledge part, the type of magic a person has/is compatible with is at least partially innately based right? So someone would be able to get granted the ability to use blood magic, but they'd have to puzzle and figure that shit out by themselves through trial and error?

Or is the rite more so to access magic in the first place?

Ooooooh 👀 Kaija worked (well she was a slave) for Sten for at least 10 years. So you know unless your OC was hired rn they could have like met.....
"This video is unavailable."
And that's why I use a VPN 🙃 Can you see the song name at least ? It's "September by Earth, Wind & Fire"

Oh cool, figured that would be a limitation. I was thinking he'd coat his weapons in his own blood, so whenever he does nick his opponent's, he can start wearing them down.
That would make sense. But of course, he gotta cut himself. I didn't put "self-harm" on the int heck for nothing. Hehe <3

Ooooooh 👀 Kaija worked (well she was a slave) for Sten for at least 10 years. So you know unless your OC was hired rn they could have like met.....

She probably would have seen him around a few times at the least. He's not quite a slave, but not quite free either. Pressed into service after a job gone bad for him.

Never close to the Jarl though, cause A) Astrian, B) don't really want people to know the "cowardly", sneaky backstabber is associated with the bigwigs.

The second vid didn't load.
Awww man. No worry it's "Copacabana by Barry Manilow" Basically an upbeat jazzy song about how a poor girl lost her love to a mob boss and became drunk, half blind and stuck in the past XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back