• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Bromance, anyone? [Original, long-term, advanced, with plots]

Sanya

Master-procrastinator
Hello! The name is Ray, I’m here to look for an adventurous story where both main characters are dudes, preferably of the same age, definitely good pals – maybe not at first, but getting there at some point. Overall, I’m just craving some cozy soft buddiness in the background of an action-packed plot. Here are some ideas:

1970s. Muse A and Muse B are police detectives who’ve been working as partners for over five years now. They’re investigating a kidnapping when a convicted felon with a grudge against Muse A escapes from prison and is spotted in the city. Things get messy when Muse B, Muse A’s closest friend, becomes the felon’s target. Now there’s not only an investigation to complete, but also a murder attempt to expect… and survive. Hopefully.

Distant future. A space-vessel from Earth is sent to explore the galaxy, visit new planets and make contact with various alien species. Muse A is the Chief Surgeon on this vessel, and Muse B is the Chief Mechanic. With the captain doing his heroic deeds heroically like the hero he sees himself, the first officer being a literal brick wall to talk to, and all he senior staff too alien to even approach, Muse A and Muse B seem like the only two people who just want to do their damn job. But of course, it had to be them who got stranded on an unknown asteroid as a result of an unexpected malfunction aboard the vessel.

Medieval fantasy. Muse A is a knight, a well-educated high-class soldier who was on patrol in a far-away village when it got burned down by a dragon. Muse B is the only villager that survived the attack, who also happens to be a drunk, a mess and healer with a bit of talent in magic. Muse A receives the order to haunt and kill the dragon, and Muse B is more than eager to avenge the deaths of the other villagers, so it’s only natural that they team up.

Modern day. Muse A is an involuntary psychic – he has visions about strangers dying, most of the time right after it has already happened, sometimes a few minutes earlier but not early enough to find and warn the victim. Except that one time when he sees a vision of Muse B, his colleague and pal, being hit by a drunk driver’s truck. But what happens if the death is prevented? Is there truly an escape from the tight claws of the Grim Reaper? And what happens to those who stand against God’s plan?

Post-apocalyptic. Zombies are fast. It’s not at all like the movies, and the city is so full of them there’s no way one can survive alone. Well, at least Muse A knows he can’t, and he’s tired of sitting and waiting in a shelter, so he needs Muse B’s skills and weapons to try and escape to the ocean, where the undead won’t reach them. Except there’s one problem: Muse B is rumored to be a “highly unstable individual” at best, and an outright psycho maniac at worst. They say he went nuts after the group of survivors he was sticking to got eaten, and he had to manage all on his own for several years, with only the zombies keeping him company. He might even be dangerous, but Muse A is willing to risk it.

Modern day with a touch of fantasy. Muse A is an accidental traveler from a magic medieval-like realm to 21st century Earth. As a mage in the King’s service, he was chasing a dangerous group of dark wizards when a transporting spell got out of hand, and he ended up in the middle of a lonely road, with little to no idea of where he is, and all the symptoms of acclimatization that won’t go away for another couple of days. Muse B is a cop who was driving down that road on his way from a crime scene, noticed Muse B in a pretty disastrous state and offered a helping hand. Now, Muse A has to explain to Muse B the importance of tracking down those dark wizards before the do any harm to this world. But who’s gonna believe this crazy story, right?

Modern day, supernatural. Muse A and Muse B have never met before renting that small apartment together. They’ve found each other on one of those mobile app where you look for roommates to split the price with, and got along pretty well, so it seemed like a good idea. And they’d live together just fine if it wasn’t for all the strange stuff happening around the house: doors making noises in the middle of the night, windows opening and closing, things moving around and falling down without anyone touching them. It was just a mild annoyance at first, until a wardrobe almost fell on Muse A’s head. The townsfolk suggested they consult their local exorcist, and Muse A actually considered the offer when Muse B started showing signs of demonic possession.

Muse A has been dead for quite some time now. They say you can only cross to the other side when there’s nothing left for you to do on Earth, but he just can’t figure out what exactly is his unfinished business. For the past two years, too tired of searching for a purpose, Muse A resorted to the pure enjoyment of being a ghost, flying around, observing people and imagining himself alive again, unnoticed by those flesh-and-blood “real” people. That is, until Muse B, whom Muse A has been observing with especial fondness, looked him dead in the eyes and asked directly: “Why do you keep following me?!”. Turns out, some people can see ghosts, after all. Which means that Muse B could help this particular phantom find that unfinished business of his.

Futuristic. Muse A and Muse B are classified by the universal government as “mutants” – humanoids that possess supernatural powers since the day of their birth. Unfortunately, this is considered an act of crime against humanity. They’ve been locked up for many years now, and jail isn’t the best place to make friends, but they went through so much together that it couldn’t be avoided. Besides, it’s easier to escape together, isn’t it? And after that, what better way to spend your freedom than to explore the galaxy with your best buddy and “partner in crime”?

Steampunk/fantasy. The University of Magical Arts and Science is Muse A and Muse B’s next assignment. They’re going undercover as students to unravel the mysterious disappearances they’ve been investigating for several months. Their best lead is the professor of ancient necromancy, but he’s a tough cookie to get to, and it will sure take some time. But there’s one problem: Muse A has no magical gifts whatsoever. His entry exam results were fabricated by his detective agency, but if anyone in the University finds out his secret, his cover is blown, and the mission is failed. Muse B, on the other hand, is an extremely talented mage who already has a Master’s degree in wizardry. But he can’t tune it down, and eventually the other students are getting pissed off at this new prodigy, and it’s turning from a mere annoyance to an actual threat. How long can they keep this game of pretend going?

‘Ight, those were my ideas. Now, a few requirements and some important information about the way I prefer to RP:

- I’m 18+ and prefer my partners to be in the same age range. Also, regardless of your age, if you have any triggers, please tell me about them before we start the RP. I happen to like making my characters suffer, but I do realize it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

- I write a lot, generally. Not because I'm pretentious or whatever, but because I genuinely like details and descriptive paragraphs in my writing. The plot ideas are quite short, but they're very different from my usual writing. I can provide a sample or several, and might ask you to send one in turn.

- The frequency of my posts is a very inconsistent thing. That said, I do try my best to reply within a few days at most, and am always happy to chat OOC in the meantime, either here or over Discord.

- I think that's all, but if you want to know more, feel free to ask! I'm quicker to reply to DMs rather than thread additions, but I don't insist.

Thank you for your attention. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Aw, it's been YEARS since I wrote this search thread, but I feel like it still holds a lot of potential, so here's a bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back