• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Banger Thread with Original Plots to Blow Your Tits Clean Off

Raymond_of_Clubs

the Yee to your Haw
Hi there! I’m Ray, welcome to my search thread. I’ve got a bunch of new plot ideas and would like to find a long-term literate partner to write them with. I’ll put all of them below, but first thing first, here is some info about me you might find useful:
  • I go by he/they/it, I’m queer, and so are most of my characters. I’m not necessarily looking to write romance, but if we’re going down that route, I’d like that to be a queer story as well.
  • I’m 23 years old and working full-time, so I don’t have nearly as much time to write as I’d like. I won’t bug you for quick responses if you don’t bug me. I prefer longer posts, at least until we’re confident in each other as writers enough to switch to shorter replies when the plot allows it.
  • I consider myself literate. I can send a post sample if you like, and will probably ask that you send one as well, to make sure our styles mesh well together.
  • I write in third person, past tense.
  • I can’t read heavily coded or aesthetically small text because my devices are prehistoric and my eyesight is terrible.
  • My search threads always end up sounding a bit stuck-up, but I assure you I’m pretty chill. Send me a funny meme with your first message. I’m looking for good friends as much as competent writers.
  • All my plots are original stories. I’m no good at writing for a fandom outside fanfic, and I’m blissfully unfamiliar with the concept of “doubling” or whatever kids these days call it.
That’s about it, though feel free to ask if you have more questions. Now hold on to your tits, we’re getting to the plots section.
“Have you or your loved one been harmed, discorporated, or driven to madness by an unauthorized reality warp? You may be entitled to financial compensation!”

“Say NO to demonic possession! Don’t let otherworldly deities gain control of your body unless they have a permit from the Occult Regulation Agency!”

“Are you tired? Dizzy? Itchy? Do you feel a burning sensation all over your skin? Is your feeble mind subject to fits of inexplainable rage and insatiable hunger? Contact your local Magically Afflicted Youth Center immediately! Vampirism is at an all-time high this holiday season!”

“Loose lips sink ships! Do not disclose any personal information in the presence of malevolent spirits, mind-altering anomalies, or listening devices that have not been state-approved!”

Warp Incident Security and Prevention Station, or WISPS, is an organization of specialty-trained professionals that work to investigate anomalous sightings, prevent occultism-related accidents, and clean up the consequences of unauthorized use of reality-warping equipment. Their job is highly dangerous and extremely versatile – fighting interdimensional invaders and exorcising demonic entities is as much a part of it as public education, social assistance, and first aid in the event of reality-threatening emergencies. This is the story of two such professionals, recently assigned to the same unit to work on a strange case involving the disappearance of a young man who, reportedly, never even existed.
  • Inspired heavily by WTNV and Lovecraftian horror. Comedic and dramatic, my preference is for the latter, with some elements of the former. I’m envisioning a grizzled detective with extensive experience, paired with a hot-headed new recruit with remarkable combat skills, but that’s just a general idea I’m always happy to tweak.
A strange man walked into Redwood, a sword on his hip and a handful of odd, foreign coins on his purse. He looked to hire a guide to the ruins of N’Duum, a long-abandoned citadel that was once rumored to hold artifacts of magic value. It was searched by the royal guard and later ransacked by bandits and treasure hunters, but nothing was found, and the legend was soon forgotten.

None wanted to accept the foreigner’s coins but a young lad, who had no mother or father, and no intention to remain in grimy, gloomy old Redwood, and was only waited for an opportunity to join some caravan or another, unfit as it seemed to walk the road alone at a respectable but tender age of thirteen.

It only took until the first twist of fate, the first brush with danger for them to reveal a secret each. The boy, shunned by the town of Redwood for his odd demeanor and insufferable antics, possessed a magic talent. None could even know about it, of course – the royal guards would be at the boy’s door at once, to arrest him and sentence him to imprisonment, as was the way for all mages under the king’s violent decree.

The man watched magic spring from the tips of the boy’s fingers, but instead of immediately apprehending him and dragging him back to Redwood and into the guards’ mercy, smiled warmly and offered to take him as an apprentice. After all, try as the crown might, not all mages are yet imprisoned. Some still walk the dusty old roads, gathering discreetly in the underground chambers of N’Duum, preparing for revolution.
  • A found family plot with a bit of a spin on it. I’d prefer to write the adult mage, with my partner writing his young apprentice. Looking for a cozy story, though not without its dramatic turns. Also, I think it would be interesting to come up with a detailed and complex magic system and some ways in which it is actually taught.
A robot runs through the car graveyard. Its power indicator blinks red once, twice, and an internal pop-up announces grimly that all systems are at 1% capacity. The robot cannot process anything more complicated than the velocity of its own steps, but it can’t stop either, not unless it’s prepared to face disintegration on account of deviation from protocol. It hides among the rusted old vehicles, the discarded trash compactors, the broken household assistants, and it searches for a single spare energy cell, but it’s out. The indicator doesn’t even have the power to blink. It pushes on, and runs until it can’t.

Years pass, machines rust, people die, and the asteroid remains deserted. The robot, unaware of the passage of time, stands as a monument of itself. It stands until it falls, and lies on the ground until it collapses underneath its weighty metal body. It sleeps, and waits, and lives.

A small ship lands on the surface of the asteroid, and a curious human emerges like busy beetle around an exotic flower. They search, and scan, and take notes, and their voice excitedly announces their findings to no one in particular, as if every deserted heap of trash metal brings them closer to their goal, far beyond an outsider’s comprehension.

They walk just a little too far, trip and falls just a little too carelessly, emerge from the dust and sand a little too luckily – and there lays the robot. Sleeping. Waiting.

The human gasps, runs back to the ship, and brings out an energy cell.
  • Another cozy story about a human adopting a robot, or a robot adopting a human, whichever way you look at it. They’re both gay and inconceivably tiny in the face of the universe, your honor.
It’s not uncommon for mages to hire soldiers and warriors as bodyguards on their travel. Nobody bats an eye when a mage walks into a mercenary guild and arranges a contract. Nobody minds when a swordsman is selected by chance and virtue of skill, and nobody asks any questions when the mage explains their destination: a place of some magical importance or other, something the warrior doesn’t find worthy of concern.

Little does the warrior know, the mage’s quest is not as simple as it seems, and alongside bandits and thieves they will soon be fighting horrifying abominations, creatures of legends, and even the royal army. Thankfully, with a sword in your sheath or a book in your hands, and a trustworthy companion by your side, no adventure is too grand to undertake.
  • The inherent homoerotic tension between the tank and the healer. If you know what I mean.
  • I’d prefer to write the warrior but I’m not too set on it, I just want a power couple that fights monsters and falls in love maybe.
“Can you really tell what they’re sayin’?” the man asks stiffly, rubbing the bridge of his nose. The mermaids whisper among themselves and giggle.

“More or less, Captain,” the mage replies, and produces a string of whistles and clicks of the tongue that sends the mermaids into a prolonged fit of laughter.

He’s unfit for sea-faring, the Captain thinks, taking stock of the lanky, awkward, clumsy, pale man before him. The voyage ahead will undoubtedly prove dangerous, even deadly. He sighs. “D’you talk to fish, too?”

“No, Captain,” the mage smiles, “only Merfolk.”

The Captain frowns. “Sorry, mate-“ he begins, but the mage snaps his fingers, and water begins to rise from the surface, forming into a sphere in his palm. A small fish swims circles in it. The mage passes the sphere for one hand to another, then just as easily returns it to the ocean. “Well, I’ll be,” the Captain fails to hold back an impressed chuckle, “welcome aboard.”
  • A water-bending mage joins a sea-faring Captain in search for a long-lost underwater city of legends. Setting can range from medieval to modern, though I’m always partial to classic fantasy. The Captain can be a regular traveler or an outlaw pirate – your pick. I’ve never actually done a marine-themed plot, but I really want to. I’d rather write the mage. As per my own personal Weird Rule of Writing, none of my characters can swim.

That's it for now! Don't hesitate to DM me if anything piqued your interest. Thanks for reading and I hope y'all are having a good day. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back