• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
O.K.. I guess it's unanimous? I'll put up an in-game post to this effect so we can "keep on keepin' on." =)

With Aysik voluntarily taking the lead, I need Sherwood Sherwood to make a perception check for me - it's totally nothing dangerous, don't you worry!

Silanon Silanon What does the rest of the party hear? Do they hear the sounds of crossbow fire?

What would you like to do? Reloading a crossbow only takes so long... no need to roll for initiative, but you'll all have about a combat round's worth of time to act if you so wish.

OOC attempting a Stealth roll to go into hiding at a +8 to the roll, along with trying a Perception roll at +3 to spot any attackers
EDIT: Stealth ended up as a 13, but I got a 22 on my Perception check.
Silanon Silanon

Question #2. Is "about a combat turn's worth of time" enough to use one skill or ability or spell or two?

In standard Pathfinder, a PC can use one skill/spell/ability for one combat turn. It's the "about" that has me asking.

What does the rest of the party hear? Do they hear the sounds of crossbow fire?
Aysik is close enough for you to hear the impact of the bolt against steel, but you don't have Rodrik's familiarity to say that it was a crossbow, per se. Could've been any kind of projectile for all you know.

As a side note for those who stayed behind: There's no reaction of the figures on the other side of the river - yet. And you'd all be able to see them, now that Fijit pointed them out.

Question #2. Is "about a combat turn's worth of time" enough to use one skill or ability or spell or two?

In standard Pathfinder, a PC can use one skill/spell/ability for one combat turn. It's the "about" that has me asking.
Let's go with precisely one combat round - sorry for not being precise right away. One spell, one ability, some running - in Amber's case, I'd say that the stealth roll is the more important one, unless someone convinces me otherwise.

That leaves Sherwood Sherwood 's Aysik with a chance to react to being shot at - what would he like to do?

Seems likely - but how? Does he take cover? Is he rushing forward? Turning to flee? Dropping his blade to surrender? Only Sherwood knows...

If I had to guess, and this is only a guess, I bet that Aysik wants to return the favor with that two-handed sword of his and see how he likes being on the receiving end. =)

Just to clarify, which side of the river is the archer that took the pot shot at me on?

Aysik is certain that the shot came from deeper within the forest on your side of the river - those on the other side have not done anything at all as of now.

A series of curse words flow through Aysik's head, but all that manages to emerge is a wordless growl as he shifts his stance to face towards the source of the bolt. Moving quickly, he charges forward, jinking erratically as he goes to make himself a harder target to track on as he looks for the shooter.
Go get 'em, tiger! 8D

mad life of pi GIF

Heya, folks - just a short note for now: Had a few rough days and nights, depressions kicking in at the moment; pretty much sucked all creativity outta me. I'll try to get back to posting in the next few days, but it might take a bit until I've caught up everywhere. Thanks for understanding and your patience!

Thanks for the heads-up, Sil, and remember - your depression is lying to you!

I think you're one heck of a guy! 8D

In Love Cat GIF

First of all: Thanks, folks!

I do indeed roll dice if you prefer that - in Fijit's case, that one's 17+6=23.

"Uh, okay!" Dreamy takes one look at Thomas running off and then another look at Fijit on horseback and one more to whomever or whatever is trying to kill Aysik. What was a Champion of Desna to do? Oh! Maybe this?

Her blue eyes flashing with fire, Dreamy calls to her gnomish buddy. "Hey Fijit! Stick with me and we'll give whatever's trying to hurt Aysik a taste of Paladin Power and Alchemist Awesomeness... or something like that." Dreamy remounts and takes off directly after whatever is taking on Aysik.

Silanon Silanon Kaerri Kaerri
Dreamy is taking her 5-foot step to remount her horse and then using a Double Move to try to find and reach Aysik's opponent. That should take her 100 feet in one Round.

Since Fijit never dismounted and is also riding a horse (as opposed to a pony), she should be able to follow suit on her next turn?
Fijit agrees and, barring unforeseen distractions, will do so on her next turn. This turn she's using her Perception check. ^;3^

Silanon Silanon
Consider two numbers:
10+BAB+Wisdom
10+ Sense motives

I believe that no one has either one at 17 or higher, but let me know if I'm incorrect. Of course, those numbers have absolutely nothing to do with what happens.
Heya Sil! You are correct.

I am certain the first number is not possible for a typical 1st level PC using only the Core Book to attain. That PC would have to have a Wisdom score of 22 or higher and a "Fighter type" Class or a minimum Wisdom score of 24 and any other Class.

I believe the second number is highly improbable. It would require a PC with a Wisdom score of at least 16 with one Skill point invested into Sense Motive and one Feat in Skill Focus: Sense Motive.

None of us have either combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back