• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Shattered Soul - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Would it be possible for Rodrik to fire off a crossbow bolt at one of the bats?
Definitely - firing at the one near Fijit counts as firing into melee, so it comes with a malus unless you have a feat that says otherwise. You don't want to hit the horse or her, after all.
Also, wasn't there something on the enemy side with a crossbow of its own? I recall that they shot at Aysik.
That's the foe that just turned away from Aysik - no other shooting as of yet.
Can Amber attempt a Sneak Attack on the bat with her bow?
Sure thing!

Definitely - firing at the one near Fijit counts as firing into melee, so it comes with a malus unless you have a feat that says otherwise. You don't want to hit the horse or her, after all.
Hmm. In that case, would it be safe to fire at the other bat?

It is safe in either case - the malus only means that it's harder to hit because you need to be more careful where you aim. But yes, the other one can be hit without a malus.

It is safe in either case - the malus only means that it's harder to hit because you need to be more careful where you aim. But yes, the other one can be hit without a malus.
Okay. I'll fire off a shot at the other bat.

Sherwood Sherwood Feel free to give me attack and damage already, even though there'll be something happening first. I'll post the results of both tomorrow, it's too late for that tonight.

"Malus" is a Latin word that means bad? Or am I getting this wrong? This is a new word to me! =)

The Feat needed to hit with a ranged weapon against a target in melee without penalty is Precise Shot. Without that Feat, it's a -4 to hit opponents. But at 1st Level, I really doubt any of us have it as it requires the Point-blank Shot Feat as a prerequisite.

The Feat needed to hit with a ranged weapon against a target in melee without penalty is Precise Shot. Without that Feat, it's a -4 to hit opponents. But at 1st Level, I really doubt any of us have it as it requires the Point-blank Shot Feat as a prerequisite.
That's the one - couldn't remember the name yesterday.
"Malus" is a Latin word that means bad? Or am I getting this wrong? This is a new word to me! =)
Should be Latin, I'd assume. Just found out that it's apparently not a thing in English, thanks for telling me - in German, Malus is used kind of as an opposite to Bonus (bonus).

Edit: In English, penalty just does the trick.

To hit, it's a d20 + basic attack bonus (0 at lvl 1 for rogues) + dexterity (2 for you) + size modifiers (nothing, since dwarves are of medium size). With the 17 I rolled, that's 19, which is enough to hit - your crossbow then does d10 damage, so 8 damage according to my roll. Which is plenty enough in this case. I'll get a post up in a bit.

[What it says on the tin. I believe that with my Rapid Reload feat, I can reload as a move action.]
That's right - one thing you could do is to reload the weapon and shoot again immediately. There's also always the option of a 5-feet movement whenever you don't change position otherwise; so you could reload, fire, and then shift position to take better cover within 5ft if you so wish.

That's right - one thing you could do is to reload the weapon and shoot again immediately. There's also always the option of a 5-feet movement whenever you don't change position otherwise; so you could reload, fire, and then shift position to take better cover within 5ft if you so wish.
In that case, I think that I'll shoot at the nearest of the bats currently trying to flee. We're gathering information for our lord, right? If so, it makes sense to try and grab more "research samples".

In that case, I think that I'll shoot at the nearest of the bats currently trying to flee. We're gathering information for our lord, right? If so, it makes sense to try and grab more "research samples".
This was Dreamy's line of thinking when she wanted to strap the first undead bat corpse to the side of her horse before. =)

If time allows, I'll get a post up later today - still trying to get back into a regular posting schedule, I'll get there eventually!

I meant to post as Dreamy yesterday. I want her to use her sling to pop a stone against the bat threatening Fijit. My brain is having a hard time waking up today (coffee and noms are cookin'!). Just thought I'd drop a note here to declare an action for her. Will try to put one in-game if Real Life allows.

Oh, and hey everybody! *waves and hugs* =)

Take your time with that post - we're (luckily for me) not in a hurry =D

Jay and Kaerri both caused one damage each (unlucky for that crossbow...), so the bat is still available for targeting. Still, I figured I'd let you post first before I roll any dice.

Yeah, blowgun darts just aren't meant for doing damage by themselves. xD Still, one point is better than no points!

Hey, every Hit Point counts - especially at 1st level! Remember what 1st level means; if your character were any level lower, they'd be a commoner (non-adventurer)! At least in Pathfinder. =)

Alrighty, folks, haven't written anything here for way too long - so let's change that, shall we? See, as mentioned elsewhere, real-life is full of positive changes right now, but also damn energy-draining. Exhausting. Unpredictable.

When I started this rp, I figured it'd be a great longterm project of mine to spend lots of left-over time that I had to fill. Then things got better for me way quicker than expected. And while I focused on tackling some of my major issues, I kinda lost track of some of the smaller stuff. Daily routine. Discipline with the small things. Like posting here. I've got my eyes on that right now. Hopefully, that'll result in more and regular posts here on rpn. But it'll be a step-by-step procedure, and the shattered soul is the one that takes the most effort. So I'll tackle Dann's two games first, and then I'll sit down and evaluate where I'm at. See, shattered soul right now feels like too big of a project for me. There are many ideas at once in there that feel hard to keep in check. Maybe it'll be fine once I'm back in my rhythm. Maybe not. I just can't say yet. I'll find out over the next days and weeks. But I also don't like nothing happening here at all, so I figured I'd at least write this here. Basically wanted to let you know that my rp's still in the back of my mind, nagging, but that I'm unsure of what to do with it at the moment, and how. Maybe I feel like continuing in a week if you're still up for it. Maybe a less ambitious project would be better. Maybe I should just step back for a bit longer and restrict myself to being a decent player first. I don't know.

Either way, hopefully I'll finally get back to posting stuff during the next week - first elsewhere, and then I'll come back here and make up my mind.

Discipline with the small things.
Silanon Silanon In the martial arts, there is a saying. "Those who are diligent with the small things in life will one day be diligent of the great things." Start small. =)
See, shattered soul right now feels like too big of a project for me.
Maybe a less ambitious project would be better.
I think these two quotes say quite a lot and in a good way. If you wouldn't mind some advice? When we started my Highwind campaign, I started small. Just Highwind and one area outside of it. This gave me the time to really get to know this (at the time) brand-new realm and find out... what it's all about?

I get overwhelmed from time to time in Broadsword and Sharseya when I imagine I want things that sound like fun at the time (for all of us). Sometimes, it turns out to be a really fun idea to me, but it isn't right for the game, or my Players, or for the amount of time and effort I would have to take up to keep it going ("maintenance," I like to call it). Striving to find a balance is key, but it takes practice. I think you mentioned, Sil, that you hadn't run a game in quite awhile? I recommend you act almost as if this were your very first DMing game ever - start small, focus on the short-term fun, take it day by day and see how your choices feel.
Long-term games like Sharseya and Broadsword? They're super-fun! But they're not sprints. They're marathons.

"You can do a lot in a lifetime
If you don't burn out too fast
You can make the most of the distance
First, you need endurance
First, you've got to last"
- Marathon by Rush. =)

"Marathon" by Rush (of course! How many other great bands out there lasted so very long?)

So, folks - just wrote with Dann in a pm, and figured that I might as well share my thoughts at the moment with all of ya.

To keep it short: Right now, I don't see myself reliably moving a story forward. I've been barely online these last few weeks, and those times have resulted in no posts whatsoever - this ain't how I want to rp here, and it definitely isn't the way to run a game. So - I feel like it's best to end this game while there are still some (hopefully good) memories linked to it. I thoroughly enjoyed your characters, posts, and all the dedication and creativity that we had here for a while - it's just that right now, real-life isn't working out for me in a way that allows me to continue this here in a forseeable future. Maybe one day, there'll be a new project of mine, and you can be damn sure that y'all will be the first to get tagged if I ever toss a new idea out there. But for now: Thanks for playing, hope you had fun, and stay awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back