• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Rifts - The Thirteenth Mystery - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Great thinking! Ellis and Priya are both intelligent individuals, one of them would figure it out, and then try and find the others! priya Could use that locate object spell on freya’s biiig weapon! , i don’t think the talking crystal idea would work, since we have only the same gear that we had during the speech?
Epiphany Epiphany Ahh, you're right! Freya would have had to loan the crystal to either Ellis or Priya here in 101 P.A.! Hmm. It appears the Locate Object spell idea is the one to use as it seems we do not have a reasonable way of contacting one another.

I just realized something else (forgive me if this has brought up and I've forgotten it). Are the five of you an existing party at the start of the game? I ask because if they are and Chan-Chan knows this, upon recognizing Reyna, Freya, and Jeanne-Marie, Chan-Chan might well ask, "Where are the others in your team?" And bang! We have both sides of the party looking for each other.

Here's something else to consider - Jeanne-Marie is a member of the Unkillables. If you are thus not a team, might the five of you know each other well-enough to be a group of friends with Jeanne-Marie the only member in a team? That might draw the other four to joining the Unkillables right there. Of course, if this is what happened in the Future That Was, well... whew! So much to think about!

I think the war is what forces everyone together. Don’t know exactly when Ellis and Priya meet, but they will and do either soon or they just have. Obviously Freya and Reyna know each other. And Jeanne-Marie has a time line on her charictar sheets. But we would recall each other’s faces. The other three might be like “oh wait! Two of us are missing, I wonder if they got pulled back too?”

But we would recall each other’s faces. The other three might be like “oh wait! Two of us are missing, I wonder if they got pulled back too?”
It is my understanding that all five of your PCs know each other extremely well - you were a team for years after all. It is Chan-Chan who is new (and thus who in part would make for a fine "audience" character in a movie). If you are looking to change the future, perhaps the best place to start is within your own team. Thus do your numbers change from 5 to 6. (Can't wait to see the others chime in on this!)

EDIT: If the above is not true, let me know! I am open to correction! =)

Last edited:
From my understanding, a core part of the premise was that we were together for at least the last few years, and in particular we were together at the end. Once it becomes clear that more than one of us are back, everyone should fairly readily jump to the conclusion that all five of us are back. Though the siblings and lovers are more than forgiven for caring about finding their partner first.

The premise doesn't require everyone to be a card-carrying member of the Unkillables but ideally your characters all worked together, on missions or just on the defense of Tolkeen, in the last few years. You're welcome to decide what your character was up to, what kind of missions you might have done together and why (and indeed, the more detail people come up with, the more I have to use to build a campaign with if such detail leads to your characters deciding to change their personal past/future).

Certainly, a journalist with inexplicable abilities and a physician with extraordinary magical powers could fit in well there.

One obvious possibility is that the City of Tolkeen hired/'asked' the Colonel to send some Megaversal Operatives to back up said journalist and physician on a mission behind enemy lines to collect intelligence, uncover military secrets, document the war, etc. And of course the other PCs were said Operatives.

Up to you guys, though! I can brainstorm ideas if that's helpful but I also want to give you guys wide latitude to figure out your mutual history and what you might have gotten up to (and thus what you might specifically want to do differently next time).

But yes, one idea that immediately stands out is:

Ellis and Priya talk, share their mutual horror over what happened, puzzle at what to do next and then remember "Oh, this is 101 PA, Chan-Chan's still around right, she's a Grey Seer and super friendly and she knows us, maybe she can guess at what happened?"

I like these ideas! On top of Ellis and Chan-Chan working together, I also like the notion that perhaps you guys had done a few awesome things together! Chan-Chan served as a source of information and wisdom along with being one of your fences for you to hock your loot to. Unlike some dealers in Tolkeen (remember that corruption problem Alex mentioned?), you could count on her to give you fair deals and information she has personally researched herself. I imagine she has a reputation at both of her workplaces that If she can't tell you something, she'll flat out tell you so, but neither will she lie to you. Does that sound like the kind of person the gals would do business with?

EDIT: Forgive the dumb question when the answer is clearly "yes."

As for Chan-Chan's dealings with Colonel Unkillable, well, that if he's the type to tell stories of his Pre-Rifts days and he is genuinely a trustable good guy (meaning his stories are far more true and not just the bragging of a nigh-immortal), then Chan-Chan would love to spend time with the guy for those reasons alone! As the years go by (Chan-Chan has 10 in Tolkeen), then perhaps the Unkillables have called upon her information and appraisal services on any number of occasions or perhaps they have known of her and she has only recently discovered them?

Just a quick note, I made a few tweaks to Jeanne-Marie's sheet.
Oooh! What'd you tweak?! Anything cool?

Last edited:
Nah, swapped Resist Hunger for Presence Sense and Demolitions (Disposal) for Interrogation and Pick Locks.
Sounds wise. I can't imagine she'll go hungry in a team like ours and last I checked, no one else has the ability to slip past a locked door by way of bypassing the lock via skill. As for interrogation, well, I can't imagine anyone else in the team would be better at it than a former C.S. Special Forces Mind Melter along with our True Atlantean Cyber-Knight! Talk about having "good cop, bad cop" down pat! Hah! =)

Epiphany Epiphany Hey there! I have ceased in my quest to find "a Chinese thing" that reminds Chan-Chan of home. I couldn't think of anything so I turned it into a goal. =) (I find it fun to make goals for each of my characters because it reminds me of what is precious to them. This, along with the Inspiration tabs, help me find the character and avoid writer's block. So I recommend it!)

I have updated Chan-Chan's history, gear, background, my inspiration, and her goals. Now, except for a little cosmetic polishing here and there, I believe Chan-Chan's character sheet to finally be complete!

So... what do I create next?

This too is a thought that brings me happiness! Just wanted to share!
The Secret Life Of Plants Sun GIF by Eternal Family

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Last edited:
Hello!

I hope to post later today. I would like for Chan-Chan to meet up with Jeanne-Marie, Reyna, and Freya. When she notices that Ellis and Priya are not present, she will ask about them.

If that is good with everybody?

Hello!

I hope to post later today. I would like for Chan-Chan to meet up with Jeanne-Marie, Reyna, and Freya. When she notices that Ellis and Priya are not present, she will ask about them.

If that is good with everybody?
I'm good with that

Sorry I haven't been chatty today (or yesterday), a combination of work and family stuff has consumed all my time.

If I have time to catch up tomorrow, I will, but it's more likely Friday to be honest.

Real Life Always Comes First.

I guess we will have to write posts so good that they'll serve to take your mind off of anything stressing you to replace it with something good!

Epiphany Epiphany But until then...
YES! And you can't stop me, so there! Ahahaha! 8D
Try singing along to this one! You'll be breathless before you know it! 8D

"Schoolhouse Rock Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla (Pronouns)"

And I see a page and a half of posts that I missed. I'll be up to speed in a moment.

Before I post next, I am going on several notions here. Forgive my writing as I continue to try to figure out Chan-Chan's "voice." If something is not true below, let me know and I will correct.

1. All PCs besides mine were a team of five who adventured together. It looks like Jeanne-Marie was the only Unkillable then.

2. They did business with Chan-Chan in her occupations (librarian and pawnbroker). They had a solid relationship there.

3. At the start of the game, Chan-Chan trusts your team with the exception of "then-Jeanne-Marie" whom she was not as close with (who, correct me if I am mistaken was quite a different person than the heroine she appears to have become/is becoming). Thus, the Jeanne-Marie now that Chan-Chan knows is going to have much different vibes whereas Reyna and her little sister Freya are changed but not quite as much. I imagine Chan-Chan will see Jeanne-Marie quite differently now.

4. Priya and Ellis are the people she knows except clearly they have grown closer together. Ellis and Chan-Chan work together. Priya sometimes comes to learn about magic. Chan-Chan is secretly a Chiang-Ku dragon and with her magic knowledge, might have helped Priya toward this goal. If true, I imagine Chan-Chan doesn't think Priya's a typical human if you get my meaning. =)

5. All of your characters appear to be somewhat different people to Chan-Chan (not just Jeanne-Marie). She will wonder what happened to Priya and Ellis (including wondering if they were among the thousands dead that Chan-Chan suddenly saw just now).

Thanks, Bud! I'm out of time for now. I'll post when I can. =)

1. All PCs besides mine were a team of five who adventured together. It looks like Jeanne-Marie was the only Unkillable then.
No, they were all in the Unkillables or at least closely associated with them. I imagine they were often a team within that company, though.
2. They did business with Chan-Chan in her occupations (librarian and pawnbroker). They had a solid relationship there.
Jeanne-Marie probably didn't.
3. At the start of the game, Chan-Chan trusts your team with the exception of "then-Jeanne-Marie" whom she was not as close with (who, correct me if I am mistaken was quite a different person than the heroine she appears to have become/is becoming). Thus, the Jeanne-Marie now that Chan-Chan knows is going to have much different vibes whereas Reyna and her little sister Freya are changed but not quite as much. I imagine Chan-Chan will see Jeanne-Marie quite differently now.
It's important to remember that past-Jeanne-Marie was a spy and thus lying about her loyalties and beliefs. Much of her personality change is to genuinely believe what she used to just say. Thus, how differently she appears to Chan-Chan depends heavily on her abilities to see through those past lies - and if she could do that, she should probably have told someone about the CS loyalist spying on them all...

No, they were all in the Unkillables or at least closely associated with them. I imagine they were often a team within that company, though.
Esbilon Esbilon As Chan-Chan knows them? In the Future That Was? Sorry if I didn't clarify.

Jeanne-Marie probably didn't.
O.K.! Your character, your call.

Thus, how differently she appears to Chan-Chan depends heavily on her abilities to see through those past lies - and if she could do that, she should probably have told someone about the CS loyalist spying on them all...
I agree. It depends on how much she knew.

Again, it's your character. I don't want to do anything that you don't find fun. It's simple. If you say she did, she did; if not, she didn't.

It is no secret that the Grey Seers can see things other people can't; Chan-Chan does not hide the fact that she is one. Jeanne-Marie is no dummy. She can easily put two and two together and simply avoid Chan-Chan altogether if that's what you want.

But your team found out about Jeanne-Marie somehow. If you want Chan-Chan here to have played a role in that, I'm open to it. If not, I'm cool with that too. =)

Whatever is best, I would like to know before I post. I have found Chan-Chan's voice and I'm eager to post again, but not without all of us being on the same page and liking what we see there. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back