• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
[import]9420182[/import][div class="body"]
[div style="font-size: 4vh; margin-left: 3vh; letter-spacing: -.05em;"]yvonne[/div]
Hearing the side-effects, Yvonne was intrigued by the contents of the flask. She'd have to ask Grimgal about it later. At the moment, it was obvious that the old man had zero interest in company. "I'll give him some if it still hasn't gone in a few hours." With that, she practically pulled the navigator out with her, closing the door behind them. Without preamble she dragged him along to the galley. "Edward's about to hatch and I reckon that room's about to set on fire when he does. Best we get out before we get singed."

Taking a seat, she grabbed a drink, mixed in the appropriate dosage, and handed him the rather foul-smelling concoction. "Now tell me what's happened since I was last aboard."

--- // TIMESKIP

Not much happened during the month, much to Yvonne's chagrin. She learnt a few new potions from Grimgal, found out the names of the newer members of the crew, and basically lazed around most of the time. The most interesting thing she'd dealt with was the side-effect of one of Grimgal's experiments. A learning experience, certainly, but in the end all she'd done with make sure he didn't hurl everywhere while the lead surgeon made the cure. It was during these uneventful voyages that she wished she had a propensity for magic and could learn it in some capacity. Unfortunately she was talentless in that department.

With empty jars and bottles packed into crates, she wrote down their inventory, making a copy for her partner to fill out himself. "Grimgal, I'm done." She grabbed the small crate, placing the paper on his desk on her way out. "I'll bring these up already. See you in a bit." Yvonne pushed the door open with her hips, then went up to the deck where the rest of the crew was taking care of inventory. She dropped her things alongside boxes that were being carted to shore, and sought out their quartermaster. He was thankfully nearby, and so managed to catch the tailend of the conversation as she neared.

"Harper, I've got a list of the things I need. Could change depending on what the old man brings up." She handed him the list. "You guys are going exploring? Energetic, aren't you? I just plan on passing out in a proper bed when I get the chance. Have we been granted liberty yet?"

[div style="font-size: .65em;"]direct interaction: Grimgal ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Harper ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )
nearby: Oliver ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 ) Pandora ( Meme Machine Meme Machine ) Noire ( Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 ) Naga ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ) Mordune ( EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy )[/div][/div]

Rumblood #2

jF5jgcI.jpg

Vyxyl made her way towards the largest wooden structure on the 'island' where the current Pirate King reigned from, but not before grabbing Harper by his literal collar and dragging him with her, telling the others to not to follow them. The Quartermaster also had been given a large bag of treasures to hold that they were to present to the Pirate King herself. Vyxyl hadn't been back here in a long while so this tithe was a bit overdue, but as long as it was paid she wasn't going to get a bounty put on her by her own.

After a few paces and a few feet from the entrance to the building Vyxyl released Harper's collar and turned to give him a stern look over. "Honestly, you're not the slightest bit intimidating. I highly suggest you only speak when spoken to. You give out any information about the you-know-what in there I'll see that the crew has a very tasty bird dinner. This is your first time meeting the Pirate King right?"

The question was asked with a devious grin. A grin that was eager for the entertainment that was to come. There were a few guards between them and accessing the Pirate King. Honestly all she did was give them her name and Harper's name and they were let in. There was no special announcement other than a pirate garbling out that someone was there to pay their tithe to a woman behind a large ancient oak desk that was covered in maps, papers, and other random items.

The woman at the desk looked up with her uncovered eye and glanced at Vyxyl, the to Harper, and then to the large bag Harper was carrying. "A bit overdue. I would think you were avoiding me," the woman said cooly before scribbling something down as a large, gruff man approached Harper. He towered of the harpy and grunted as he held out his hands to take the bag and should there be a elay in the hand off, the man would just swipe it roughly from Harper and shuffle off down a hallway.

MfhhM1v.png

"Apologies on the delay. I've been a bit busy," Vyxyl lamely stated, not really caring much about the chitchat.

"So I've heard. Chasing relics. In fact, I had heard an interesting little rumor you've recently come to acquire one. You see, the person who sold you the intel wasn't very good at keeping his mouth shut. He apparently sold that bit of precious information to quite a few people and has been executed by the authority in Theace. Rumors about the relic carrying vessel being attacked by what sounded very similar to your ship."

Vyxyl sighed loudly as this meeting was not going the way she had planned. "I also know who you've actually come here to visit. I do hope you've prepared a generous payment for his services. It's not every day people get access to one of Theace's former reliquary researcher. I believe he intends to gather funds to pay for an expedition, as foolish as that notion i. Not to mention the fee for our protection," Freya informed her, not once looking up from her writing.

"I'll discuss payment with him then. Mind telling me where you've hidden him?"

"He has set up 'shop' in a little place in the outskirts of the town. Just follow the least used path and you'll eventually find it. If there is nothing else I have others waiting to meet with me." Just as Freya said this another set of pirates entered the room, each carrying a bag to pay their own dues.

With that Vyxyl turned and left, making sure Harper went with her. "I am going to give you a choice now. You can go skip off and have fun with the crew or you can assist me in meeting the researcher. I imagine he has very interesting information, even perhaps things you would want to know. Maybe even share your lives from your time in Theace."

---​

For those who ventured away from the ship to enjoy the port town, upon entering the large town center - a large open circular space surrounded by buildings and other structures - there in the middle was a lone man standing on what seemed to be a literal soapbox. There a small crowed was looking at the man with a variety of expressions. Most simply ignored him and walked by, but the few who stood to listen to him speak looked either gravely concerned, agitated, or amused.

There were mostly comments about the man being insane, other comments asked how he had managed to get to Rumblood. Should the man point and single out someone in his sights they would quickly scurry away, not wanting anything to do with the man. Off to the side where the pirate guardians of the island, they stood there with arms crossed and a stern look on their faces, waiting for the mysterious man to fuck up and cause trouble. They'd use any excuse they could to get rid of him as he'd been disturbing the town with his ravings.

Freya had given orders to keep him under a watchful eye and that they could deal with him should be become a real threat, but that his insane ravings were just an annoyance and that he would eventually leave. Or at least she hoped he would leave. Currently Freya was trying to find a way to get rid of the bastard and each day brought her closer to thinking of ways to make him vanish to return peace to her port.

Pandora
Outfit: Black cloak and pants, white shirt
Mood: Curious
Interactions: Fable Fable Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 fluticasone fluticasone

Pandora clasped her hands together, and smiled. She was about to make a comment on how they should all go together, until the Captain came and started to drag Harper by the collar. Her eyes widened slightly, and Pandora’s words caught dead in her throat. That surprised her, to say the least. Pandora had noticed how Harper was regarded as a weakling and coward, and she guessed they were right, but in her opinion everyone deserved a certain level of respect. But she wouldn’t mention that to anyone anytime soon. She sighed, and looked to the others with interest. Taking a few steps backwards, she did a quick goodbye salute, and addressed the people near her.

“Well, I’m gong to explore. If any of you would like to come along, that’s good!” And with that, Pandora ventured deeper into the island. It was obvious her name was well given, her curiosity prominent in her personality.

As Pandora explored and went into the streets, she made sure to stay closer to the shadows rather than get into the spot light. She looked around, eying any stores that caught her interest but having to resist the urge to steal. She could get away with it, sure, but if she was caught..... Pandora didn’t think that would go to well. As she looked around for anything of interest, a ruckus in the town center reached her ears. Looking around for the noise, she saw a man standing on a soap box, with a multitude of people around him.

Pandora approached cautiously, standing on the outskirts of the crowd so as not to be noticed, but getting close enough to hear the man’s words. She heard several comments about how he was insane, or the fact that this man was making a fool of himself. Regardless, Pandora’s curiosity was peaked.

Last edited:
Placide Levesque
yorsy-hernandez-luag-sketches-0702.jpg

Placide looked across the assembled townsfolk of Rumblood, what few there were, meeting each set of eyes as they looked to him. Some met his gaze, the spark practically visible within them, never breaking the connection. Others, with derision or disgust that would look away under the burning emerald gaze that he wielded, the fear hidden behind the hate. Past these innocent folk lay the them with murder in their eyes, those grim men who acted as guards under their amusingly titled "Pirate King". A King for those who hate to be ruled.

Placide shifted from one foot to another, the crate under him giving a groan of protest for his movement, as he would return his gaze to those who would willingly listen. "Many would have you believe that the Gods built this world, only to leave it, and us, half finished. 'But why?' you might ask of them, only to recive silence, or worse, wrathful retribution for your question brought on by innocent curiousity. That was my experience with the Vidonian faith, as I am sure it was for many of you. Questions of reason, of a desire for understanding are smothered and ignored, left to rot in the back of your mind so that you may better serve the faceless Prophet."

"But I... I offer to you all something better. I offer answers. The gods did not leave this world half finished, no, they made it perfect and beautiful, but we, their creations, their beautiful children, WE ruined the world, invited evil to this world, and allowed it to take us. Once, all peoples would live eternal, never able to die, to grow old, to die of sickness or experience pain. But, a few were unhappy, filled with desire for power, made deals with the dark beings that worked against the gods, and promised them the gifts they had been given in exchange for power, and in so doing, doomed us all to a fate worse than death. The gods, seeing their children taken with darkness, cried at our corruption, our new found mortality, and so left us a final gift, an artifact that is able to wipe the slate clean, to wipe the corruption away and allow the gods to bring us all into their eternal embrace to be returned as immortals!"

"But, there are those who would seek to stop us from our mission, the descendants of those ancient betrayers, who turned their back on the gods for power, and they permeate the world, taking many roles of power, as they are so want to do, in order to keep watch and guard against those blessed by the gods themselves. But, I have the weapon to fight against them. In order to fight against the dark, you must wield the weapons of the dark with a heart of light! We must bend and use the very monsters that deceived us to fight against those who would stop us. Even I must use the dark to fight these curs, and to do so, I have taken THESE!" Placide would cry, lifting the ancient grimoire in his hands and the dark amulet around his neck for all to see. "These were once wielded by the terrible Ghyslain the Green, a monster of a man who bowed to and summoned terrible monsters that are corruptions of all the gods gifts, and used them to terrorize the faithful and the innocent. Now I have taken them, and turned them into weapons of the gods themselves!" He cried, raising the tome with both hands before a rondel of quicksilver appeared in the air before him, from which a terrible beast emerged.

The size of a large cat, the beast seemed to be some kind of amalgamation of flesh and steel, sinews and tendons stretched across a featureless skeleton that seemed to be made of the same components as many artifacts, and it was a creature that would cause the throat to burn with the bile it's very existence summoned, before it would begin to crawl up the box, Placide's legs, and his chest, before finally settling itself across his shoulders, it's smooth, eyeless head seeming to scan the crowd before him while the zealot would begin again. "I know what you are probably feeling now. Disgust. Horror. Hatred. I know these feelings that you are feeling, for I feel them everytime I must summon one of these monsters. But I do it to show you our weapons against those who would test our cause!"

Mentions: Fable Fable Meme Machine Meme Machine fluticasone fluticasone Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Last edited:
full
Tyr was rather surprised by the about face that the lunatic in the brig made when the Captain put on her appearance. He rather doubted that Naga's presence had made a damned bit of difference to the man in the cell, but he rather doubted that Mordune had a lot of experience with the merefolk. He watched as Naga bent the bars back into place, watching Mordune for any reaction, but not noticing anything. Not even when Naga scoffed at the request for a fight with the entire crew. Well, Tyr had to agree with Naga there. If Vyxyl decided she wanted the man dead, Mordune wouldn't stand a chance. Oliver could torch him with a thought, of Tyr could just call for a Wold and scour the room with a blast of canister shot. Pirates didn't play fair.

Once Naga had departed, Tyr tapped the Wanted poster Mordune had given him.

"I have one of these as well," he stated clearly, keeping the island patois at bay. "Though mine is quite a bit older. Do they still tell the tales of the barbarian Tyr Skraven who turned his back on all the Maerin Navy had to give him?"

Mordune turned his head to the Troll and sighed. He figured that these pirates were a bit too lost to understand that a fighter wanted to go down fighting. He also assumed they had no idea who he was or why he was so dangerous. Then again, it was clear they had been at sea longer than he had been on his rampage. Still, it was sad he was around these people. Not to mention the only ones he remembered meeting were men.

After the thought of just accepting his fate crossed his mind he simple stretched a little, his bones cracking simply from that and sighed "They do. The Navy was still looking for you by the time I started my killin spree." He lifted his busted arm and looked deeply at the bruises and destroyed state of his arm "You were top of their wanted list till I came along. Now I am the only man the Maerin military wants more than you."

A chuckle escaped his lips as he laid fully on the brig floor, splayed out like he was ready to accept his fate "I have few regrets in my life mate, but there are two I fully hope to achieve one day." He then turns his face back to Tyr "Firstly, I have always wanted a love. Like the things they read in fairy tales. I have always wanted to mean that much to someone." His eyes turned back to the roof of the cell he was in and they gained a look of almost insanity and oozed bloodlust "The second is to destroy Maerin with my bare hands and watch the entire country crumble to ash."

"You know," Tyr said conversationally, "Ive been there. Then I came to my senses. I despise the Maerin Navy, and the corrupt politicians that let them get away with their atrocities. But tell me this Mordune. Are you a killer, or are you a murderer? The one would fit right in here, but the other is a danger to himself and everyone around him, and needs to be put down like a mad dog. So, would you kill everyone? Every man who lives, whether military or simple farmer? Their wives? Their children? There was a time I would have, and had I not learned better, I would have become a greater monster than the entire Maerin establishment. Fortunately, I've learned better. I'm a killer, I am not a murderer. Which are you?"

Mordune kept his eyes on the roof and listened to the question. He wondered to himself about everything he had ever done and simply sighed as he closed his eyes "I have never been a murderer. I have never killed anyone who wasn't fully deserving of it." His eyes opened once again as he turned his head "Corrupted leaders, entire ships secretly running slave trade and a commanding officer who abused every woman in his office in ways that sicken me." Something about his demeanor calmed down and he seemed almost normal aside from the body so damaged it was a wonder how he was still talking. At one point, just for a moment, there was even a glimmer of a smile "I am a killer to the core. I won't stop killing as long as the country of Maerin is corrupted or until I die myself." He then chuckled as he closed his eyes once again "Or until I meet the right woman and settle down."

While he laid there he let out a breath of peace. This was the first normal conversation he had in a few years since he began to kill. It was nice and reminded him that he was still human. He looked to the troll and looked him over "You know, you were talking very oddly when this started. Now your talking very clearly. Was that a choice or just an accident?"

"Oy? Liks dis ya means?" Tyr asked with a malicious grin. "It's mostly by choice, though in a case of extreme stress I do revert to my native tongue. The Maerin Navy doesn't approve of local dialects, so my first year was rather, painful. Now, I use it as a weapon. People tend to view me as uncivilized and a idiot barbarian when I use the island patois. Being underestimated is a good thing in this line of work. The crew are used to me, and understand what I say when an outsider might not. What about yourself? Right here, right now, you seem quite reasonable and in control. Why do you feel the need to be seen as a threat?"

Mordune looked over to the troll and sighed. Then he sat up. He moved his arms like it was nothing despite them being destroyed beyond what any normal man should be able to withstand. Then, to take it another step he took his left arm into his right hand and suddenly snapped it. It was twisted and contorted until it looked nothing like it should. When he let go it just fell limp, now beyond use. Despite that, he was still so calm and didn't even look bothered "You see, I have no pain. I can't feel anything and it lets me push my body to limits that shouldn't be possible. I pulled two galleon class battle ships underwater." He looked up at Tyr with a smile "I am a monster. Can't have people thinking I am human at all. That would be unfair to them. I would rather them think me a monster and be right rather them think me human and then become disgusted once they see my true colors."

Mordune turned around, his back to the troll. He sighed and looked down "Troll, if I am to die, can you promise me something?" The tattooed mans eyes drifted back to the roof "I want you to give me a proper burial. I spent my life as a monster, but I want to spend my death as a human. Would that be alright?" He turned his head to glance at the troll, hoping it wasn't too much to ask.

"Let's not go there quite yet," Tyr said. "I've got a ship to run. You know that the Captain sets the course, but it's the Mate who makes it happen. I'll get some medicine down here for you, and you stay here eh? I'm asking, not telling. This is not a threat, but there are spell casters who can burn you to ash with a thought, and Mere-folk who are just as strong as you are, and a lot tougher, so stay here. I'd like to talk with you more about what we can do to turn the Maerin Navy into a forgotten memory."

Tyr spent the next month splitting his time between the day to day running of the ship and talking to Mordune in the brig. He had brought some concoctions the healers had suggested, which had put the man back together albeit a bit slowly. The conversations had been long and varied, and when he wasn't in the throes of madness, Mordune was fairly normal, though normal was stretching the word with a man who couldn't feel any pain. Tyr thought long and hard about what the man's fate was to be, and he decided, just this once, he was going to have to put his case in front of the captain. He would accept her word in the end, but he was certain she would hear him out. He arrived at the brig after their docking to find Naga waiting to take the man ashore.

"Belay that Naga," Tyr said firmly. "I'll be taking Mordune ashore myself so we can speak with the Captain. Mordune, let's go ashore, such as it is, and have a bite while we wait for the Captain. Naga, you may go ashore at your leisure."

EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy , Fable Fable , LazyDaze LazyDaze

Harper Jules
harpy.jpg
Before Harper could even consider responding to one of the several people that had jumped to his aid in travelling around the port and taking in the sights, a rather unhappy captain Vyxyl, or at least that was who he assumed it was from their aggressive manner in simply dragging him along after them, tore him away from the rest as he was tugged along squawking and flopping in surprise at the sudden grip.

Once he'd calmed down a little after the initial surprise, and their leader released their grip of him, Harper simply sulked along after her with the bag of gold held tightly between his wings. He subdued his curiosity to prevent any questions he had out of fear that she might whack him on the head for asking stupid things, so he did his best to work out just where they were going from the information around them.

"Pirates... Pirates... More pirates... Uh... birds on pirate shoulders..." he mumbled quietly to himself, pretending to work something out as if the answer might miraculously show itself to him. To his surprise, it did just that as they met with their destination. "... Pirate... King..." he read out in a whispered tone that aired on the side of inaudibility, both terrified and intrigued by what such a person that had such a title could possibly look like, what sort of acts they must have committed to achieve such a rank amongst the evilest and cruelest people of the seas.

Harper's thoughts were interrupted by the jabs at his carefully tuned unimposing nature and a question, all in one. "Well.. Yes." he replied stiffly. Short and sweet, so as to not bother them by babbling that would no doubt come if he attempted to string anything longer than a sentence.

The interior of the place was well-decorated, which was almost expected considering all the gold the pirate king was most likely hoarding, however he had expected much more violent tastes, like corpses and the such. Like the bad guys in the fantasy novels he sometimes stepped his nose into when he wasn't attempting to unravel and understand history.

To his surprise as they entered what could only be the main hall, the one his dearest captain began speaking to, the one who was the pirate king, was not a 7-foot-tall monster with hands large enough to crush his head, but a rather attractive woman missing one of their eyes. His mouth opened slightly, dumb-struck at the huge juxtaposition of his thoughts and reality, and blanked straight through their conversation. Hearing and understanding, yet dumbfounded and unable to talk, that was until a jolt of fear woke him up and as the definition of "disgruntled" in human form stole the bag of loot from him and lumbered off down a hallway.

"I.. Think I'll go see the researcher with you, if you'll allow me to that is, I don't think the rest of our crew likes me, and I would quite enjoy meeting someone that I might be able to relax in the presence of. So.. Yes, researcher, yes." he chirped, happy that the process of the tithe had been gotten over and done with. his mouth now capable of being shut once more.
Fable Fable

Not many things could genuinely hold Oliver's attention other than pyromancy, medical procedures, necromancy, and music.

Pyromancy due to his obsession with the magic.

Medicine for the sake of his own knowledge in that respective field.

Necromancy due to his natural disdain for the art, given his particular condition of undeath.

Music for.... some reason.

Yet, here he stood, in the middle of a crowd, watching a passionate green-eyed man yell into a crowd on top of a potato box....or was it soap? Perhaps it was empty.

The point was that the zealot's fervent speech had actually managed to draw the zombie's eye long enough to stop and actually listen. Oliver knew nothing of Gods, their existence, nor could he fathom their goals or desires should they be real. Still, the man spoke as if he had no doubt in his mind of his words.

Glowing, flame colored eyes watched the zealot deliver his speech to it's odd conclusion which involved some kind of summoning of some kind of feline which caused Oliver to look to his left at the feline necromancer that decided to tag along.

The pyromancer stole one more glance to the priest before checking that the wraps over his skin were tight and his hood was on properly.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

O1iofnd.jpg
Naga the Lunatic
Naga was ready to take the prisoner to the brig but Tyr had given him orders that contradicted his original orders from the Captain. Naga ran his fingers through his hair out of frustration as he sighed and even growled a bit. "...The hell? Watch the prisoner, take him here, don't take him here, go this way that way....," he continued his grumblings before sighing again. Tyr seemed to have control of the situation, so Naga washed his hands of the situation and left him there. "Aye, if you die I get all your weapons," Naga said jokingly as he unfolded his arms and walked off. He supposed he could go find the Captain and see if she needed help with anything else. He thought he remembered the general direction she had went and so he started his short journey to find the Captain only he completely goofed and went in the wrong direction.

Naga pulled over a worn down hooded cloak before he left, something he usually did when he was on land to avoid problems with the non merfolk residence. It wasn't anything fancy, but it got the job done. He entered the town square and noticed a small crowd gathering. "...Hmph, people look like sheep more and more each day." He was going to ignore the crowd, but then he overheard the strange babblings of gods and such. Naga wanted to get a look at the man to see just how crazy he was, but there was a chance that maybe their was some truth to his babblings. As he pushed his way toward the front of the crowd, failing to notice that Pandora had already made her way here, he obtained a good view of the man. "Yeah...definitely crazy."

Just as Naga was going to leave him to his devices the rambling man cried out and summoned...something? Perhaps he wasn't completely senile. It definitely wasn't smoke and mirrors, and it looked to be a pretty dangerous and powerful magic. A wide grin formed underneath Naga's cloak as he took a few more steps forward to separate from among the fearful crowd. "Oi, witch doctor, prophet guy! I don't really understand what you're saying, but I've never fought a god before. I'll settle for some dark monsters though. Any chance I could summon those things," Naga said pointing at the monstrosity that sat atop Placid's shoulders.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Meme Machine Meme Machine Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Pandora
Interactions: Tarmagon Tarmagon LazyDaze LazyDaze Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

Having seen the creature, the man ‘controlling it’ and hearing him speak of magic and gods, Pandora edged closer, tilting her head to the side and wondering what on earth this man was blabbering about. The massive creature in his control intrigued her, to a point where she wondered if it was creepy. Dismissing the notion, Pandora came to the edge of the crowd in interest to see the metal thing better.

“What is it.....” she murmured, watching with severe interest and glancing at the creature on his shoulders. Her eyes were distracted by a cloaked figure, who she could have sworn she recognized. She ignored it, until he spoke. She looked at him, and recognized the voice, build, and height as Naga.

He wanted one? Really? It didn’t surprise her, but at the same time she knew she didn’t want one of those things near her unless she could control it. She continued to watch the creature, a blank expression on her face. The man might be insane.

latest
Mordune
Interactions: Tyr Tarmagon Tarmagon , Naga LazyDaze LazyDaze and Insane Man Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Mordune had spent the month in the brig with healers coming to fix him up. Granted they had not completed the job, but he was grateful. Now his arms and legs were at about 80%, so he was plenty put back together to use his body at a level to do what he needed to do. He put some thought into escape, but that would be disrespectful. He had put some faith into Tyr and developed what seemed like a respectful relationship with the troll. It wasn't like he would trust the crazy git just yet, but there was enough there for him to at least try to behave for a little while. So, when he was told to go ashore he simply stood and cracked his neck "Whatever you say Tyr. I will play along." He then took a walk to the front of the ship. When he crossed Naga he simply smirked at the brute. He didn't really have any feelings towards the man one way or another, but he just enjoyed the fact that the man was so confused.

When he made it to the front of the ship he wasted no time jumping off the ship and landing with a thud on the sand. He didn't even bother walking off onto the dock. As he straightened up and dusted off the sand he didn't notice the other crew members around him. There was no doubt in his mind Tyr told them a little about him and who Mordune was, but it was most likely the first time most of them had laid eyes on him. He clearly had no real regard for his own life. As he looked around he found himself at a loss for where he actually was. He had never really left Maerin, so this was all new to him. Then, he noticed the group surrounding a man. After listening for a few seconds he rolled his eyes. What did this insane individual know of? Everything he was speaking was just nonsense. It actually got to the point he was just irritated and then he finally decided to do something.

Mordune walked up to the crowd and slowly pushed his way to the front. Once there he stood and listened for a moment before stomping into the soapbox the man was standing on. Watching the man stumble and fall back as he smiled down. He had a face of absolute blood lust on as he leaned down and looked the man in his eyes "
Hey there, ya slimy git. Your ravings irritate me. Shut it before I rip your jaw from your face." Mordune wasn't even concerned with anything the others were saying or doing around him. He just looked at the man with a twisted, evil look in his eyes. He waited, hoping something fun would happen so he could let loose a little. He was not obligated to follow any rules. The only reason he wasn't gone right now was respect of Tyr. However, this guy was getting on his nerves, so he clenched his fingers and they cracked as he waited to see if this man was brave enough to attempt anything Mordune didn't like.

Last edited:
TMzcoc1.png
La Noire
Rumblood Isle, Unknown

Interacted: Placide ( Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom ) , Oliver ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 )
Mentioned: N/A

Tailing Oliver, all the while curiously scanning the busy port, the necromantress could not help but be awestruck by the sight of a bustling island. Despite being built on the back of a giant sea turtle. It was not a common thing to see or even attempt to make for port upon a roaming island. Like many before her, Noire would have to pay her dues. A toll for those that are endowed with the privilege of their given access to set foot on the sentient island. Of all her time as a drifting persona-non-grata, the feline witch has yet to conceive such wondrous, albeit terrifying sight of Rumblood's existence. Like other tales of lost continents, thought to be laid at the bottom of the seas, Noire could only concede with her firm stand upon what is supposed to be a giant turtle's back. While the island had seemed as dormant and still as the waters upon the horizon, the Aspidochelone's movements are evident by the circling sun. Wild lives inhabited the distant woods, while their humanoid counterparts dwelled within the confines of what defines a civilization. It was no different from that of a normal island, discerning prior knowledge of Rumblood's true form.

Mended manors and masonry scattered throughout the docking area, from whence the crew had disembarked from. The ever-moving island was far from believable should one washed up on shore without knowing. On occasion, one could hear the beast's bellows upon its surfacing head, with intermittent light waves and quakes on the island, as the creature navigated its course. With her satchel in tow, the necromantress wove her fingers upon the weathered parchments with grace, jotting down notes and light illustrations of the island, as she and Oliver made their way past its inhabitants. Before long, they were drawn to the voice of an enthusiastic crier, whose words matched that of his vigorous hand gestures as he went about it. Noire watched the passionate, albeit overzealous reverend delivered his sermon, all the while chuckling to herself in amazement at the sight of his conjured summons. When Oliver looked to his left, the witch put up a smile his way, before slapping her hands together.

"Bravo! Such a wondrous display of the forbidden knowledge, wouldn't you say, dear Oliver?" Noire remarked towards her pyromancer friend, with a smile.

Noire had little interest in the man's gospels, having lived a life of constant strife against Vidonian zealots and fanatics alike. Yet, here she stood, entertained by the zealot's display of magic. It has been a while since she last encountered such a lively preacher, but this time, without cause to shed blood. While she despised those of faith with unwavering enmity, a certain spark in the man's eyes had reminded the witch of her awakening. While Noire has yet to decipher her own fate, she felt as if it was fate that brought them here. To hear another's gospel, was to be reminded of her rough and adventurous past with the Vidonis faithfuls. The grimoire that resided upon the reverend's hand was all too familiar for what remained in her memories of Clearcoast. Where such a time had past, there was little the feline could do but grin on the inside. Of monsters and men, the latter would prove far more dangerous than that of primordial beasts. Noire was never one to dwell on the deity's purpose for their creations, only what she could get for meddling with their unfinished creations. Pursuit of the dark arts, of forbidden knowledge, was something that the two would share in common, or so she thought.

"Surely, they are perceived as thus. But they are a part of the Creator's bountiful purpose, no?" Noire said, as she paced herself closer towards the beast, with her sharp feline eyes meeting with the latter.

"After all, they are as adorable as common companions, if not more to the wiser eyes, wouldn't you agree?" she continued, shooting a glance at the man with a coy smile.

Beneath her words were hints of spurring philosophies regarding the man's conjuration. There were neither disgust nor dread in her eyes, only adoration for the beast, as she did with Oliver. Despite her delicate and elegant form and apparels, there was a certain composed manner with which she had adorned in the eyes of dreadful beasts and monsters - merely driven by curiosity and her own understanding of the dark arts. If anything, the necromancer had grown fond of beasts over scheming humans throughout her life.

Rumblood #3

jF5jgcI.jpg

Vyxyl grinned as Harper opted to join her in meeting the Theace research who had sought safety with pirates. "Good choice, I was going to drag you along anyway," she laughed out. "Come on then, let us go and find our elusive prey." With that she followed the directions the Pirate King had given her to locate the researcher. Finding the least used path was honestly the most tedious part since she hadn't been given an exact location of said path. Vyxyl had to stop and inquire about where this path could be; the local charging her a small information 'fee'.

Eventually they found their way to the correct path and followed its weaving small dirt trail that had formed due to consistent walking over time. At first there was nothing but lush flora; trees, plants, and various brush along the path. However a ten minute walk the wilderness began to thin and a small, strange house. It was very weathered an old, but the roof and overall structure seemed sound enough. There were some minor signs of improvements and repairs here and there where new wood was found compared to the old.

Vyxyl approached the closed door of the house and stood for a moment trying to discern any sounds of life inside over the distant ruckus of the bustling port and minimal wildlife. Hearing nothing she knocked against the door politely... at first. There had been no answer but there had been a noticeable shuffle of boots on wood. Then she formed a fist and was about to slam it on the door when it flew open and she just barely managed to stop herself from punching the researcher in his face.

He was very clearly shocked and his reaction had been to slam the door, but Vyxyl had managed to shove her boot in the way so he was unable to do so. "Now now, I wasn't going to harm ya. I was going to knock again when you opened the door. I'm Captain Vyxyl of the Whimsical Lady and this is Mister Harper, a former Vidonian life yourself. I have something that might interest you," as she said this Vyxyl pulled out the odd relic they had managed to snag from the Weatherby.

The man's eyes widened greatly and he tried to snatch it from Vyxyl, but she jerked it back just in time. "Might you be inclined to invite us in?" The man silently nodded and opened the door fully and stepped aside to allow Vyxl and Harper to enter. The first floor was... boring. It was a standard house with furniture. Not what someone would expect an obsessed researcher to have. Vyxyl had expected a mess of books and papers, but it was clean and tidy.

"You can call me Earl," he introduced himself. Whether it was his real name or not didn't matter. He ushered them into what was a drawing room, insisting they sit while he went to fetch some tea. He returned shortly with a small tea set and served tea for them all before sitting down across from Vyxyl who had sat upon one of the plush chairs.

"M-may I see it?" he asked, which Vyxyl handed over the relic for his inspection. "Interesting! How rare! I won't ask where you got this from, it doesn't matter. But whoever lost this precious item is going to be furious." Earl causally opened the relic and sighed with bliss as he stared at it.

kate-fedorchuk-scroll-2.jpg

"You don't have any idea what this is do you?" he asked, though he clearly already knew the answer. "This is a map. One of many actually. Theace had two themselves at one point."

"A map to what exactly?" Vyxyl asked.

"I'm not entirely sure, that would require me to travel to its location to find out wouldn't it," he replied with a hint of sarcasm for being asked such a stupid question.

"Point taken. I assume you are capable of reading this map then?"

"Partially. You see these maps are much different from our own. It is as if the creator foresaw the possibility of the world shifting and changing over time. So they didn't bother with the kind of cartography you and I bother with which rely partially on visual landmarks. Instead it is specific coordinates which must be traveled to in order. I'm not sure why though I have a few theories."

---​

The moment Placide summoned the large cat monstrosity those who had gathered became very uneasy. Nearly all of them had quickly retreated away from the crazed man and the pirate port guards now were no longer going to stand idly by. They casually approached Placide, though it was clear that if Placide or his little pet tried anything they'd be ready to strike them down if needed. It was hard enough to maintain law for the lawless and the pirate ports were all meant to be neutral hubs of peace so that pirates could handle their business without the worry of being killed by a rival or enemy crew.

"You've had yer fun, time to put yer lil' pet away," one of them says gruffly, ignoring those who had remained behind after his little display. "You're disturbin' the peace of the port and as such are required to cease this activity or face the consequences are determined by the Pirate King. As for the lot you you who are interested in his madness, think twice before you throw your compliments and lot in with 'im. You might end up facing Freya Fury herself as well keeping such company."

(This part is short since it's not central to story, but everyone's pretty much there and a fight may be breaking out... depending...)

Dilano
Bramble limit: 60%
For the past view hours, Dilano had been passed out blazed on the kitchen floor. This patch of Bramble was an especially strong strand. As of recent, he'd been in a slightly awake state. There was a faint murmur outside the door. People usually didn't congregate to his domain unless they were hungry. As such, Dilano struggled to get himself up, at first he lost his grip from the counter top and fell back to the ground. The fall quickly woke Dilano up further. "I hear ya!" He called out, angry from his fall. Dilano was finally able to get himself off the ground. Aside from a bit of wobbling, he was fine. After making himself some bombo and drinking it swiftly, Dilano got to work.

It took a while before Dilano remembered where everything was. This strand of bramble was way too much for him to handle. It was hard to concentrate or even make out anything. Not to mention that the feeling in his entire body went numb. All he could sense was the taste of the sweet alcohol lingering on his tongue. So savory, it felt like he was drinking it over and over again. Dilano was entranced by the flavor. The fall of a knife from the counter top quickly snapped him back to this world. "Right, right, food."

Scavenging around for ingredients yielded very little. The worst of it all was the lack of meat. Cap wouldn't be happy. Luckily, there were still some bits of meat on bones. That's it! He thought. "Soup!" his thoughts leaked from his mouth. With the idea in mind, Dilano started working on bone soup and hard tack. He'd made bone soup so often that he could do it autonomously, which was great, considering his current state. Then again, he was starting to come down finally.

Once he finished the concoction, Dilano pushed the door open, calling out- "Soups up!" To his surprise, no one was coming forth. With bowl in hand, Dilano went out and looked around. Why were they ashore? By the time he went to the front of the ship, the group on the ground were gone. He was gonna give this bowl to the captain, since it had the most meat on the bones. "Fuck it, if she 'on't wan-it, I'll take it." With that, Dilano sat on the side of the ship, enjoying his meal.

Pandora
Interactions: N/A

Pandora immediately slipped back a bit, trying not to be noticed by the guards. She knew she could disappear in a moments notice, but whether it was necessary or not she hadn’t decided yet. She wasn’t going to get into a fight so soon after being accepted into the crew; that was danger waiting to happen. Though she watched in interest as more of the Whimsical Lady’s crew showed up, like Ms. Noir and Mr. Oliver. She truly hadn’t talked much with any of the crew, other than short ‘hi how are you’ type conversations.

Pandora couldn’t help but take a step backwards, wanting to see how this would play out but showing that she had no intention of siding with the manic priest.

“Today just keeps getting better and better.....” She murmured, tilting her head to the side.

O1iofnd.jpg
NAGA THE LUNATIC

Naga eagerly awaited a reply from whom he was certain was a witch doctor magician spirit priest guy when he heard a voice that he recognized. It was Noire, but he didn't spot Oliver, for some odd reason that pair seemed to hit it off. Naga shook his head as she began to speak so eloquently about things he didn't understand or care about too much. Pick one, either talk fancy, or discuss subjects he didn't understand but never both. Besides, couldn't it wait until after he got to exchange fists with the gods? Honestly, he thought that she might have a few screws loose. He wasn't at all concerned with appearances but did she just call those things adorable? Listen, sharks were adorable, adult bears were adorable, fictional sea monsters were adorable, but these things were pretty foul even for Naga. Naga was going to repeat his question, or wait for the witch doctor magician spirit priest guy to respond when once again another familiar voice cut through the air; however, this one gave Naga the urge to punch the closest object near him. He turned around to find that Mordune had once again entered his life and apparently was pissed off, of course, about this man's sermon. He couldn't really blame him for being annoyed by such a display, but seriously CAN'T IT WAIT! Everyone had a breaking point and Naga had finally reached his. He was sleepy, he had been given the run around, was disrespected, interrupted, lost, and he was still pissed that HE HAD SLEPT THROUGH THAT ONE RANDOM BATTLE A MONTH AGO!

"That's it, this whole day has gone to shit. My bounty is definitely going up today," Naga the Lunatic said as he reached for his battle axe. People were going to start dying and Mordune would be the first. Tyr should've kept up with his dog if he didn't want him to die. However, he paused when he thought about Tyr. Where was Tyr anyway? Did this man kill him...unlikely, but still....

Mordune didn't appear to be coming from a fight, and even in the unlikely scenario that he would have killed someone like Tyr; he certainly wouldn't escape without a few scratches. Naga opened his mouth to ask about Tyr's whereabouts; however, he was interrupted yet again by some random guards. "Seriously," Naga said with a sigh as he took his hand away from his axe. Apparently they were causing a scene, or at least that was the gist of it. They seemed pretty weak, not worth the time, or scolding that he would definitely get from the Captain afterward. On the other hand, crossing blades with Captain Freya was a very tempting proposition. That threat was akin to telling Naga if he was too disobey he would get a treat. He shook his head once more as he placed Vyxyl's wishes above his own; moreover, the crew might get caught up in his mess. Perhaps there would be a next time. He turned back to Noire, who was pretty much the only one he could make out in the crowd because she wasn't actually part of the crowd.
He lifted his hood just a bit so that she could see his face as got her attention;
he had to tell her something of the upmost importance. "Yo...sharks are definitely cuter...wait that's not what I was going to say. Oh, we should probably ditch the place; this guy has no self control...," Naga said with a deadpanned expression as he motioned his thumb toward Mordune. "And if you still want to talk to this weirdo, I'm kidnapping him." With that, he walked over to the witch doctor spirit priest guy and pulled him up with one hand (should he let him of course). "Okay Uncle....Dude you're coming with me," Naga said attempting to put on a friendly face that only ended up looking like a scowl. He still had questions for him, but they had drew enough attention anyway.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Tarmagon Tarmagon

Placide Levesque
Placide Levesque.jpg

There were many things during those few short moments after the end of his speech that struck Placide as remarkably peculiar, even by his standards. After all, this has been the first sermons he had ever given where he summoned one of the entities that someone had become even MORE interested than they had been before hand. Mentally reeling quite heavily from that, Placide was easily caught quite off guard by the half naked man who had decided to bowl him over and threaten him.

Now, while the whole 'Being threatened and/or intimidated' thing was a rather common occurrence for the Zealot on Rumblood (especially considering the quality of it's inhabitants), it was rather unusual for him to be threatened, let alone assaulted, by a man who seemed to barely be capable of supporting his own weight, let alone be capable of ripping someone's jaw out. Not that the man actually being imposing would change Placide's... placid reaction.

On the other hand, having a rather feline looking beauty call the little monster Placide had summoned (which had seemed to have let itself out of our reality when he'd been bowled over) 'cute' threw him for a loop, though strangely some small, dark part of him seemed to revel in the thought. He pushed it down. Bloody green book. His attention was quickly drawn to the so-called 'guards' for the Island, who didn't even react to his having been attacked by a half naked mad man. Oh, of course that's their reaction, because I'm such an imposing sight! the sarcastic thought echoed in his mind, coming from the dark part of his mind that had been taken by the curse of the Tome, which he had been quite certain he had already pushed down. After pushing the green down a bit harder than before, Placide quickly found himself getting picked up by the collar of his robes.

Before this point in time, Placide had largely given up trying to make any sense of what exactly was going on, though had been planning on making his escape. After getting picked up like a small animal or petulant child, he finally gave up any and all resistance to the situation in which he had somehow found himself.
Welp, if Gods will it.

After a moment or two of that thought going through his mind, Placide finally spoke up to the loud fellow who had picked him up. "Uhm, I suppose I shall be going wherever you want me to, all things considered. And please, call me Placide," he said rather nonchalantly for a man easily being held by the collar. "So... Where exactly is it that we're going, my rather large and intimidating chauffeur?"

Mentions: Fable Fable shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Meme Machine Meme Machine Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 LazyDaze LazyDaze EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:

Pandora
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

Raising an eyebrow, Pandora watched as things got more interesting. She gave and odd look when Naga just..... picked the man up. He had talked to Mrs. Noir first, of course, but it was so odd to realize exactly how much strength this man had. She decided she should probably go approach them, and made her way to her two other crew members.

“Well, you certainly do have a nack for attracting attention.” She said, addressing them. She waved shortly at the new man, and introduced herself. “Hello. I’m Pandora.” She said shortly, before turning back to Mr. Naga and Ms. Noir. “Do you think it’s a wise idea to be carrying around someone who’s being watched by the guards of the king?” She asked curiously. She was honestly wanting to ask the man all sorts of questions, sensical and odd alike. Like who he was, where did he get these ‘artifacts’ and such.

Last edited:
full
Tyr felt a headache coming on. All of the time he had spent talking to Mordune, all the time trying to understand the man, all the time where he seemed sane... Gone. Mordune had worked his way up to the religious nutjob ranting about the gods and seemingly summoning creatures from the abyss, and threatened the man.

"Hey there, ya slimy git. Your ravings irritate me. Shut it before I rip your jaw from your face."

And then there was Naga. Tyr would be willing to swear that if a Storm Maiden descended from a hurricane, clad in nothing but lightning, Naga would either try to fight her, or seduce her.

"Oi, witch doctor, prophet guy! I don't really understand what you're saying, but I've never fought a god before. I'll settle for some dark monsters though. Any chance I could summon those things?"

The cat-girl, Noire, seemed infatuated with the beast the nutter had summoned, though Oliver didn't seem to be paying much mind to the goings on. Tyr saw Pandora watching quietly, obviously trying to stay out of the line of fire from the rather irritated looking guards that were watching the goings on with gimlet stares.

"You've had yer fun, time to put yer lil' pet away," one of them said gruffly, ignoring those who had remained behind after his little display. "You're disturbin' the peace of the port and as such are required to cease this activity or face the consequences are determined by the Pirate King. As for the lot you you who are interested in his madness, think twice before you throw your compliments and lot in with 'im. You might end up facing Freya Fury herself as well keeping such company."

That had seemed to be Naga's cue to try and shanghai the, might as well think of him as a priest Tyr decided, priest.

"Yo...sharks are definitely cuter...wait that's not what I was going to say. Oh, we should probably ditch the place; this guy has no self control...," Naga said with a deadpanned expression as he motioned his thumb toward Mordune. "And if you still want to talk to this weirdo, I'm kidnapping him." With that, he walked over to the witch doctor spirit priest guy and pulled him up with one hand . "Okay Uncle....Dude you're coming with me."

The priest didn't seem inclined to fight Naga's grip, though Pandora stepped forward to try and defuse the situation with some common sense. Tyr was going to have to commend her later, but right now, he was at his wits end.

"ENOUGH!" Tyr bellowed, striding forward into the group clustered around the priest. "Naga! If you wish to talk to the man, you ASK. And you speak to him somewhere you won't disturb others. Noire, I wouldn't think that this is the best place to be searching for a new pet. IF you want to talk to the man, the same rules that apply to Naga apply to you. Not here, not now, and definitely NOT in public. Pandora, thank you for trying to talk some sense into these lunatics. MORDUNE! I had actually hoped that there was something in you more than a lunatic. You fooled me. Shame on me. However, you have just proven that for all your seeming civility, you are nothing more than a mad dog looking for a bone to gnaw on. Fine. I wash my hands of you. If you return to the Lady not in company of the Captain, you will be met with lethal force. Since you cannot control your madness, we have no use for you."

Tyr swept the group with an icy stare before continuing in a deadly calm voice.

"This is RUMBLOOD! We are here at the sufferance of the Pirate King, and what we do directly reflects on our Captain and her welcome here. If you do anything that reflects negatively on her, I will personally make certain that the voyage from Rumblood to wherever Captain Vyx sends the Lady will damned well be the last one you make aboard her. If you actually cause trouble for her, don't expect to make it to the end of the voyage. Now, go about your business. Obey the rules of Rumblood. Don't cause trouble. Dismissed!"

Meme Machine Meme Machine Fable Fable Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom LazyDaze LazyDaze Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy

B14a8hL.png

The man on the soap box captured her attention. He was new and Ateya wanted to hurt him. It had to be her turn, right? Everyone else had been given a chance to tear something out of a hopeful person - she wanted to try it for once. His words were sophisticated, and that made her angry. Probably a rich prick. Not the kind of person who belonged here. She wanted to reach into his throat and rip the passion out of his voice. He wasn't allowed to be here. Not on Rumblood.

Ateya pushed into the crowd like an errant wave. She murmured something without meaning, an offering to the swaying and muttering crowd as she merged with it. It felt nice to be enclosed, to be wrapped up in the sea of patient bitterness and resentment. The last two days she spent alone, save for a kind of company that didn't make her feel any more accompanied. Nine days ago she had counted her coin, and found she had enough to survive for three weeks. Two days ago she realized she had miscounted - there was enough for two weeks. One of those weeks had already passed, wasted on trying to think about things she didn't know how to think about.

She heard that drowning was terrifying. At first, anyway. Once you accepted it and just let the water in ... there was peace. That's what she was trying to do.

Drink it in.

Crushing the happiness out of a holy man hadn't been on her bucket list, but it certainly was now. She lingered at the front of the crowd, but pushed no further ahead. She wanted to relish it for a moment longer, the company. Was she afraid of moving forth and acting? Doing something when the rest of the crowd wasn't? No, no of course not. She would move when the time was right. The man continued to make words at her and she watched his eyes patiently.

And then he did something. A flash of light or metal or something - she hadn't been paying attention at first, but her eyes snapped to the creature. Suddenly she felt lucid. There was a warmth and a moment of clarity, like she had been hearing everything underwater for the last week. The muffled and meaningless sounds around her burst into sharp, clear words like she was surfacing from being underwater.

What the fuck?

Ateya felt bodies lurching around her as folks bit down on curses and made spitting noises. She saw the ugliest thing she'd ever witnessed, crawling out of thin air. It had the aesthetic appeal of something turned inside-out and brought back to life, all wrapped up in metal and alien shapes. It looked broken and wrong on a deep, indescribable level - and the strange man stood before it fearlessly.

She realized that the crowd around her had recoiled, and she hadn't. She followed them awkwardly, moving at a delay as she jerked back a moment later. But her eyes stayed on the creature. It was alien, twisted in a way that made her feel uneasy, but the movements were familiar. It crawled up the man like a cat. Like a pet. A fucked-up kitten crawling onto master's shoulders.

"I know what you are probably feeling now. Disgust. Horror. Hatred. I know these feelings that you are feeling, for I feel them everytime I must summon one of these monsters. But I do it to show you our weapons against those who would test our cause!"

Ateya heard his voice for the first time now - and before she could decide what to do with this, a line of bodies shifted past her. The guards - and a warning. Naturally, she wasn't the only one angry at the soapbox speaker. Yet funnily enough ... she didn't feel angry now. She didn't know what she felt. Her brow knitted into a frown, and her eyes followed the creature. There was something morbidly fascinating about it. She almost didn't notice the pair of pirates marching toward the man and grabbing him.

And just like that, it was gone. Another weirdo done in by his weirdness. A shame, that.

Freed from her daze, Ateya coiled in a circle and sat on herself, watching boredly as the speaker was hauled off the ground by the scruff of the neck. That was a pity - she sort of wanted to ask what he was talking about.

She watched him and his 'escorts', and she pondered. Of course she couldn't intervene - he was nothing but a momentary curiosity, and the pirates were obviously dangerous. One boasted more ink than she had ever seen, and the other looked like the product of an unholy union between a man and a particularly salacious suit of scalemail. What if they were angry if she followed? What if they became violent?

Ateya checked her surroundings. The pirate mob was thinning with the man's departure, and she couldn't feel the same turbulent energy anymore.

What if they were angry? What if they became violent? What were they going to do, kill her? She had enough for another night or two, then she was broke. Every crew she had approached didn't want to take her. Everyone already had a bosun - you'd be crazy not to - and nobody was willing to take on a mere fucking crewhand who ate the rations of three men. Her most recent 'companion' had very gently suggested talking to her boss about a job. Ateya less-gently told said companion where to shove her suggestion.

Ateya laughed to herself and swiveled to face the departing men, who seemed to be grouping with compatriots.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

She unfolded and gave chase, keeping low to the ground and moving quick. The man still seemed to be making conversation, which was good - but many more pirates joining the two was ... well, that could go either way for her. She felt hesitation like bile in her throat, but something reckless kept her moving. She'd resolved to work out who the holy man was, and that's what she would do.

She almost reached them before a thunderous voice stopped her dead in her tracks.

"ENOUGH!"

She went rigid on the spot as one of the pirates- and a Troll no less - stomped into the fray. Frozen mid-movement, she kept rigid as the newcomer launched into a jabbing tirade.

Ateya finally took a breath when the troll stopped.

Okay, Tey. This is awkward, but they'll notice you and be suspicious if you turn back now. Play it cool. Act natural.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Okay, I guess we're dying today.

Ateya shifted closer to the group and proffered her finest cheeky grin as her hands landed on her hips. She wore a pair of worn leather bracers, but between her elbow and shoulder the exposed arms were riddled with shallow scars and callouses. A life of manual labor written in her flesh in the same way that wrinkles chronicle the passing of years. Her bare midriff boasted washboard abdominals, and below this a cut-down skirt was pinned to her hips and tail by a half-dozen belts spaced down the length of the fabric.

Might as well die confidently.

"I was gonna ask if you lads were planning on sharing that wiseman. Was looking forward to a good conversation for the first time in fuck-knows-how-long. After all, we're all brothers and sisters in being poor-wet-and-miserable here - you wouldn't deprive me of a bit'a 'intelligent conversation', would ya?"

If given the opportunity, she'd shoot a hand toward the soapbox speaker, offering an abrupt handshake without awaiting a response.

"Name's Ateya. Poor and jobless. Can fix damn near anything except the disaster that is my life. Folks call me lotsa things, but you look like a classy lad so you can call me 'Lady Ateya' like I'm one of your fancy noble girls. You look like you're having a day and a half."

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy Fable Fable LazyDaze LazyDaze Meme Machine Meme Machine Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:
[div class=background][div class=MarFlex] [div class=MarImage] [div class=MarTitle]Marceline Detrovski[/div] [div class=MarMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
(open to interaction) [/div][/div] [div class=MarContent]"IT'S DONE!!!" Marceline yelled as she kicked open a nondescript solid metal door at the back of the kitchen. Her eyes was bloodshot and crying. In her right hand is a freshly bounded journal with a leather cover (probably taken from Harper's study) and in her left hand is a stack of paper that no matter how you looked at it, could only be described as scratch marks.

Behind her were piles upon piles of ingredients, ranging from high grade meats to fresh clean vegetables, ripe fruits to finely aged cheeses. Further inside the room was a small desk and chair, filled to the ceiling with more paper filled with scratch marks, along with empty bottles of ink and broken quills. Lining the walls were cooking utensils and supplies that could make a noblemen's chef cry.

She took two steps out and collapsed to the ground, sobbing. "It's finally done..." For weeks, she had locked herself in the kitchen's inner sanctum, transcribing all of former head chef Gru's recipes of scratch marks into a proper recipe book. Following Gru's disappearance, there was much dissent among the crew for the sudden drop in quality (despite it only being a minor drop in quality), and so Marceline took it upon herself to recreate all of Gru's dishes. As such, she had disappeared into the heart of the kitchen to decode all of his scratch marks and casted illusion magic on the door to prevent interruptions.

After much heaving and sobbing, she gathered herself up and looked around the kitchen. "... what the..." Needless to say, she was in shock at the state of the current kitchen. Seeking answers she proceeded to step out of the kitchen, only to make it two steps into the hallway before collapsing in exhaustion. And so, she laid there unable to move, while her cat just walked up to her and licked her tears away. [/div][/div][/div] [class=background] width: 100%; height: auto; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/ROvSFjm.jpg'); padding: 5vh 0; [/class] [class=MarFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=MarImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 700px; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UISDgS9.jpg'); background-size: 160%; background-position: 70% 17%; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=MarTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 0px; left: 00px; right: 00px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 25px; white-space: nowrap; line-height: 1; font-family: 'Trade Winds'; color: #271d2d; background-image: linear-gradient(to top, #efefec, transparent); text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=MarMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=MarMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=MarContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: black; font-size: initial; [/class]

Ares Murkwing
Perched on a rooftop, Ares nibbled the last of the meat from a chicken wing as he watched and listened to the crowd below. Gospels, priests, talk of gods, he'd heard it all before-- Master Quince was quite devout-- and he had little patience for them. But when the man conjured the creature. . . something wrong and unnatural appeared out of thin air.

Ares leaned forward to get a better look. The flesh and steel . . . it made his feathers stand on end. Apparently some of the crowd didn't appreciate it either. There was a ripple, then the guards stepped in and some men began pulling the madman away. Shifting on his perch, Ares stretched his wings as he looked around. Time to find a crew. Best option was to try a pub or just hang around the docks and look for work there.

Opening his wings, he let himself glide down to the cobblestone streets, flapping a few times for balance before landing and following the flow of the crowd as everyone dispersed. He kept his wings close to his body, careful not to let them drag where others could step on them.

The crowd moved past where the madman was talking with some others, including the ones who'd tried to pick a fight with him. One was covered in tattoos, while the other looked like trouble. Yet a perfectly normal looking girl showed no fear in approaching and speaking with them. And then there was a troll?!

Ares realized he was staring and quickly looked away. Most of these pirates looked like they had a temper and the last thing he needed at the moment was a fight.

(mentioned EccentricFantasy EccentricFantasy , Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom , Meme Machine Meme Machine , Tarmagon Tarmagon )

O1iofnd.jpg

Naga the Gentleman

Naga couldn't help but notice that the priest wasn't resisting much; he wasn't resisting at all. That was good because electrocuting a man in public was always cumbersome. When he asked where they were heading Naga rubbed the back of his head as he searched for an answer. "Probably that bar over there," Naga said as he pointed in the bar's opposite direction. Just as he was about to drag Placide in the direction he believed the bar was in, a familiar faced popped up. It was starting to seem as if the entire crew was here when he recognized the person as Pandora. He wondered if she was interesting in fighting the dark monsters too. She questioned if they should keep such company which prompted him to look at Placide returning his gaze back at Pandora. "Hmm, yeah sure, I don't see the problem," he said with almost a childlike innocence that didn't suit him. "I'm probably scarier than anything he could conjure up," Naga said with a low chuckle. He briefly wondered what the crowd reaction would be if he revealed himself during the whole ordeal. It wasn't like you saw a Wraigog just strolling about everyday. "Want to tag along?" Just as he was about to take the Priest to the wrong place he was once again stopped. This time it was by Tyr's arrival.

"Sup, thought you were dea-"

ENTER FULL...BLOWN...RANT......

Naga didn't even have time to react to Tyr's rant. He didn't really understand why he was so irate. After all, he did in fact just save a man's life even if he was in the process of kidnapping him. Moreover, said victim didn't seem to mind. The guards were probably secretly grateful someone took it upon themselves to remove the priest from the square anyway. In a twisted way, Naga probably deescalated the entire situation. Furthermore, he didn't even get any praise for holding in his desire to destroy every person that annoyed him today. Actually, they were probably causing a bigger scene now. If he was going to nag me anyway, I should've just killed everyone when I had the chance. Tyr definitely had a point though; they had to be careful for Harper's sake. The Captain could probably take care of herself even if they screwed up at an unimaginable level, but Harper...Naga didn't even want to think about it. "...For Harper," Naga said with a rare touch of sincerity in his voice as he suddenly took on a look of iron clad determination. He was oblivious to the fact that this might come off as random, but with any luck the other crew mates would realize what was truly at stake. They had a duty to keep him alive.

That was when one more person, albeit someone he didn't recognize, boldly approached the group of misfits. It seemed that everyone wanted to talk to the priest. It wasn't a problem, as long as they weren't trying to kill him before Naga could learn his secret arts for himself. He leered at the young woman, correction, snake woman, from underneath his hooded cloak. He had heard about their kind and the only thing greater than his urge to battle one was the fact that he found them adorable. He unconsciously looked back an Noir when he remembered how awful her taste was for all things cute. After shaking his head Naga realized at the end of her question that he was still holding Placide. He lifted him up higher with ease and then lowered him gently so that he could stand on his two feet. He even gave him an encouraging pat on the back as if to say shake the woman's hand. After all, he wouldn't want to hear another rant from Tyr. From now on they were doing things the gentleman's way, or something like that. "...Nah, not a problem at all. I just need to politely ask if I can kidnap him. Hey wizard, can I kidnap you?"

Dilano, The Bramble Blazed
Interaction: Alteras Alteras
The soup wasn't terrible, but it mostly tasted like watered down undescriptive meat with light spices add. This was far from Dilano's culinary expertise. Just the fact that he was able to do something with the deminishing resources he had was enough to make himself proud. Regardless of taste, the effects of Bramble were making him eat like it was his first meal in years. Just as quickly as he started, Dilano managed to finish the bowl. Still hungry and without company, he decided to make his way back to the kitchen and help himself to seconds. Who was gonna stop him? Everyone else ran off to do what ever it was that they were doing.

Along the way, there was an obstruction right outside his kitchen door. His immediate thought was 'Oh shit, she didn't get into the rat poison, did she?' The idea was quickly tossed since she wasn't convulsing. After carefully stepping over the girl and putting his bowl away, Dilano came back out and picked the girl up. "Up and adam, don't need more questions on what goes on back 'ere." There was a nice little spot where Dilano would usually got to rest: a few sacks of flower being covered by tattered blankets. Once he rested the girl down on his little haven, Dilano kneeled down and examined the girls face. "First things first, I wanna know why some stranger's in my kitchen. Let alone one who looks like the aftermath of a saltwater eye washing."

Pandora
Interactions: LazyDaze LazyDaze Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Tarmagon Tarmagon

Pandora was about to decline on Naga’s offer of fighting the creature, his comment on his strength unnecessary, but understood. But as Tyr walked up to the group, Pandora shut her mouth tight. He looked mad.

As he entered the rant, Pandora half expected her name to be thrown in and stomped on for showing association with them. But, when her name was mentioned, it was quite the opposite that took effect. She couldn’t help but smile a little. Not that cocky arrogant ‘I did better than you’ smile, but a small genuine smile at being told she did something right.

Pandora inclined her head slightly, and opened her mouth before someone else talked. Pandora noted that today did not seem to be her day for conversation, before turning to see who else was going to join their merry group. *insert Sarcasm here*

At the sight of the Lamia, Pandora raised an eyebrow and smiled. The girl was very pretty, and her tail was a shiny reddish color. Listening intently to Naga and the woman, now know as Ateya, she watched the scene unfold. They really did attract a lot of attention didn’t they.

Pandora sighed in slight defeat as Naga put the man down. “Naga, I don’t think you can just ask someone if you can kidnap them. I’m pretty sure that’s not how it works.” She said evenly, keeping the bored yet slightly disappointed tone and face. She looked around, mostly looking for A) Where to go next, and B) Where a good place to disappear would be. She still wasn’t sure about those guards eyeing Placide, and wasn’t to found of getting into a fight so soon.

As she looked, she heard the sound of wings. Turning her head, she looked up and saw...... what was that? She thought it was a Harpy, but the sun was glaring in her eyes obscuring her vision slightly. She smiled at what she thought was a person (Harpy, whatever) and waved slightly. She hoped he wasn’t looking for a fight, the way he was watching her, Naga, Placide, Tyr, and the others.

Rumblood #4

jF5jgcI.jpg
(Story/lore progress.)
(Noble on Vacation, so just gonna have Harper ride-along mute, lol.)

Vyxyl sat there and silently pondered Earl's words as she closed her eyes. This wasn't bad news to hear that it was a map and that Earl could technically understand it, but she was suspicious about it. No one had ever come forth before saying they were capable of understanding the strange language and markings of the relics and artifacts. Yet here was a man before her stating just that. "You do understand it's difficult to trust someone when the global consensus is that no one knows how to read any relic information. I would say I would trust your obsession in the subject, but that wouldn't be enough to convince me to believe you without proof, and I have to wonder how you could prove what you claim."

She opened her eyes and regarded the disheveled gentleman. She could bluff and use Harper, but fuck if Harper could bluff himself. "So, the question is how exactly do you prove to me your claims that I decide to invest my time, treasure, ship, and crew to this little venture? I can tell by your failed subtlety at your interest in possibly following this map to where it leads, but since you would be the only one capable of interpreting this map it would be too easy for you to betray me."

Her words didn't offend Earl in the slightest, he more or less seemed to expect that suspicion. "I will not argue with that. If I was in your position I would think the same. There is something I could show you which may help you believe I can at least somewhat read the map, as for the rest that would be a leap of faith." He stood up and asked Harper and Vyxyl to follow him. He led them through the house and then down towards a hidden basement, though it was a very secured room which if anyone uninvited tried to gain access would find themselves no longer living.

The room was what could only be described as organized chaos. This was where Earl did his research. There was a large desk with stacks of books and papers as well as a variety of writing tools. The walls had been painted white and all across them were scribbles of the language found on the relics as well as what seemed to be translations of a few of the letters and words. Within this hidden room was decades of research all dedicated to uncovering the secrets of the mysterious relics and artifacts that had been left behind.

"It took me a long time, and a theory that the Prophet had no faith would prove useful to get this far. I spent two-thirds of my time researching our own languages to be able to finally reconstruct what I believe was their tongue. There are some gaps, mostly because they didn't just use an alphabet but also glyphs for communication. I've barely scratched the surface, but I know enough to try and translate that map to the best of my ability. Along with a knowledgeable navigator it is entirely possible to decipher this map."

"And you of course need to hold onto the map for that. I'd need more than just your word and some story to leave it in your care. Not to mention some sort of collateral."

---​

The pirates port guards stood there a bit confused as Naga lifted the mad priest and carried him off from the threat of the larger, half-naked man who had come out of nowhere to instigate a fight. They stood there for a long moment just watching as he was carried off before they looked at each other and silently agreed that it left the mad priest as someone else's problem for now. So they turned their attention to Mordune now with stern expressions.

Tyr's loud voice boomed over the chaos and drew the guards attention. They preferred the crew dealt with their own matters, but should a crew member or members cause problems they would step in. So for now they stood aside as Tyr chastised the crew. Chastised was putting it mildly. When they heard the Lamia call the priest a wiseman they burst out laughing, "Wiseman? He ain't no wiseman lass. More a madman. You wouldn't get an intelligent conversation out of him, just more proselytizing to whatever mad religion he's trying to start." The guards walked off then, laughing as one of them said the word 'wiseman' again due to the absurdity of label to a man they wish they'd could feed to the sharks.

There were still guards wandering here and there, so if any trouble continued or got out of hand they would be nearby to handle it. For now though they were letting things go however they went until they would need to intervene. Right now they were more amused observing the exchanges of the crew. And just as Tyr said, whatever they did could reflect poorly on the Captain and crew that should one of them upset the port there would be a price to pay.

The center of the port town was basically back to it's normal operations now that Placide wasn't raving at them all. A few of them who walked by would eye him though, others laughed, and then there were the mocking whispers about him and his 'touched' state. Overall they wanted him off Rumblood. This left those who were willingly interacting with him under heavy scrutiny as well.

( Sorry for poo post ;-; )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back