• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
full
Before Ateya could reply, the conversation was interrupted by Pandora stepping in front of Tyr and waving practically in his face.

“Tyr! Sir. Sorry to barge in on a conversation, but there’s someone else who wants to come with us.” Pandora said before looking at the sun and gasping. “Oh lord! I need to get back to the ship.”

Pandora began to fidget, rocking back and forth on her feet without saying another word, leaving Tyr to figure out what was going on. Fortunately, the person with her solved the issue for him. He seemed to be a harpy of some kind, but this specimen was as far from the inoffensive Harper as a creature could be and still have feathers. There was a strong streak of raptor in this one, and Tyr guessed he wouldn't flinch away from combat.

"Ares Murkwing, Sir. I sailed with Captain Scribner last. He had me working as a scout or up in the crow's nest but I've been doing hard labor all my life. If you have room for one more, I'd like to join you."

"Can't promise you more'n a general crew slot," Tyr said. "An' that depends on the cap'n signing off on taking another harpy on-board. But you're nothing like that little bookworm, so I don't think there'll be any issues."

Tyr looked back at Ateya, and decided that she was looking a little put off by the interruption, but she was keeping her peace. More marks in favor for her.

"Pandora," he said sternly. "First off, don't interrupt like that. Second, get yourself back to the ship and take Mr. Murkwing here along with you. I'll be along directly once 'Teya and I have concluded our business. Tell Harper that pending the cap'ns approval, we'll be taking on Mr. Murkwing as general crew and lookout, and I might have our bosun situation sorted out. Dismissed!"

Meme Machine Meme Machine Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

token_2.png
Dilano, The Bramble Blazed
Locaiton: Ship kitchen
Interaction: Alteras Alteras
Dilano was quick to take up the lady's offer. Making food always felt like an art, but now he had a whole new set of paints to play with. Without hesitation, Dilano got to work. The sheer mass of ingredients was awe inspiring. It kind of felt like if he didn't impress his new boss then at worst, he'd be kicked out of the kitchen. In response to the slightly irrational fear, Dilano got to work quickly. As he shoveled ingredients into his arms, he quickly began thinking of all of the options.

Now with a counter full of fruits, veggies, and meats, Dilano was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer amount of options. Dilano eventually came to his conclusion. "Salmagundi!" He called out. When in doubt, just throw everything on one plate and call it a salad. Engine revved, Dilano shot forward and started cooking as many things a single person possibly can. Lobsters, beef, carrots, union, etc. He planned for the biggest challenge next to finishing the dish was naming everything inside. He just hoped he could have everything back up before the chef came back.

Pandora
Outfit: Black cloak and pants, white shirt
Mood: Curious/Irritated
Interactions: Tarmagon Tarmagon Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Noble Scion Noble Scion

Pandora jumped a bit at being dismissed, but nodded in understanding and straightened up a bit.

“Yes, sir.”
She said, before gesturing for Ares to follow her. She walked away for just a moment, before turning back to him and smiling. “You may need your wings, the way I’m going.” She had mischief in her eyes as she said that, before taking off running down the ally ways. She started jumping, and ended up climbing onto the roof tops, never slowing down. She jumped around, avoiding colliding into people, and ran back to the ship.

After COMPLETELY forgetting to make sure Ares was still a little near her, she landed by the ship, and tossed her hair out of her face. “Well, that was fun!” She said to no one in particular. “But now we gotta find Harper.”

In need of punctual pirates

jF5jgcI.jpg
(Story/lore progress.)

Vyxyl had been studying the relic. How such a thing could be so mysterious and troublesome. She turned her attention to the door expecting it to be Harper, but instead was greeted by the chef Marceline informing her that she had translated all of Gru's recipes he had left to them. "Took you bloody long enough," she muttered out. "You've met your sous chef I assume since you've finally reappeared. Make sure he doesn't overdo it on his little vice and to not spike the crew's food with anything mind altering. Dismissed." Vyxyl doubted the sous chef would do such a prank, but she was still unfamiliar with the person and had only overheard his of his bramble addiction. Nothing too troublesome, but there had been those under influence that have caused chaos on other ships and she would not tolerate those types of antics on hers.

Harper entered then and the moment he say Marceline the expression made it clear he was less than happy to see the girl. His expression went to one of happiness and pride to scowling. She wasn't sure what the issue between them was and she honestly didn't care as long as it didn't affect their work. "Please do stop sulking," she said with a sigh towards Harper. "We haven't much time to do this."

3085dfd8a9c2e72b46a1aa2fe66054bb.jpg
Vyxyl was swift in her words that Harper was to transcribe. Getting the first draft of the contract was easy enough and just as the final word was written there was a knock from a crew member informing her that Earl had arrived and his things were being brought aboard. Earl casually entered the captain's cabin and offered a simple greeting before asking for the contract, which Vyxyl motioned to him to take from Harper.

He quickly read over the terms and agreements, taking a quill from Harper's hand and changing minors things here and there, such as a minor amount of gold be reserved to supply his research needs, having Harper as an assistant when needed for research reasons and so forth. Vyxyl and Earl went back and forth for about thirty minutes or so with the negotiations before Harper was permitted to make the triplicate copies of the contract. One for Vyxyl, one for Earl, and one for the Pirate King.

With that matter settled she took the copy for the Pirate King and handed it off to the portmaster along with paid incentive to make sure it reached its recipient; as well as a minor threat to their person should she find out they took her coin and didn't deliver. That was when she noticed some crew were still missing, one of which was her First Mate. "Honestly, I'd love to have punctual pirates," she sighed.

"Get ready to set sail, I don't want to be here any longer than needed at this point. You want to get paid don't you? The longer we're in port the less loot and the less pay!" She noticed Pandora returning to the ship and went to approach the lithe woman. "I'm certain you'll have information where the rest of my wandering crew is currently loitering."

( If your character is not back at the ship at the end of this round you're going to be skipped over for when the ship sets sail so we can move forward and assumed as returned.)​

Ares Murkwing
Rumblood
Unable to wipe the grin from his face, Ares followed Pandora away from the troll. General crew. Perfect. It was the best thing he could ask for.

“You may need your wings, the way I’m going.”

"What?"

She took off running, running and jumping until she was up on the roofs and off towards the docks.

After the surprise passed, Ares laughed, a sharp sound that cut through the street. He spread his wings and launched himself into the air. A few stokes of his strong wings and he was above the roofs, the air whooshing with each stroke as he oriented himself and followed, flying after the girl towards the docks. He hovered above the ship that she stopped on for a moment, long enough to see someone, who he guessed was the captain, approach her.

Tucking in his wings, Ares let himself drop to the deck behind Pandora, careful to keep enough distance so he didn't knock her over by accident. "Captain?" He nodded to the woman. "Mr. Tyr sent me here to inquire about a position among your crew. If you'll take me, ma'am."

Meme Machine Meme Machine Fable Fable Tarmagon Tarmagon (mentioned)

Pandora
Mood: Curious/Irritated
Interactions: Fable Fable Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

When the captain approached, Pandora straightener up and picked at the edge of her shirt. She wasn’t exactly expecting to be addressed, but at the same time she didn’t falter when she was. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to talk formally or calmly to the captain, but she didn’t try to overdo it.

“Yes, ma’am. They’re all still in the town square. There was an...... interesting character. OH and Tyr said that he figured out the Bosun problem? Or, he may have.” She started off strong, but eventually she became more relaxed as she talked. As Ares introduced himself, Pandora turned her head and nodded, moving out of the way slightly. She looked around for Harper on board, but others were blocking her way. She waiting until she was dissmissed, but kept an eye out for Harper on the deck.

Oliver had experienced some difficulty trying to make it back to the ship without bumping into anyone on these crowded streets. Not for the fear of contact but for the fear of conflict. The last thing they needed was more reason for the guards to swoop in and give them all express tickets to the Pirate King's prison. It would be mildly disruptive to their day and their captain already had something of a name for herself. She didn't need her crew to be adding to it.

They did make it back in time to hear the captain barking her orders for everyone to get ready to disembark. It seems they came back at the perfect moment.

The zombie turned back to face the small band of misfits and he spoke specifically to Naga, the navigator, "The captain.....report to.....her.....we are......leaving...." It was less of an order and more of a matter of fact thing. His glowing gaze then shifted to the priest in question, "It may.....be better.....for you.....to join us.....until our next.....port. The guards.....here.....will be.....trying to arrest.....you.....for the smallest.....reasons...." It's true that security was rather lax on Rumblood but once the guards had their sights on you, it would stay on you. You could be hauled to a comfortable jail cell on a rumor alone if you weren't careful.

He trusted for the others, namely Noire, to be able to tend to her own devices while they clambered aboard. The bandaged man approached the Captain of the ship with a lowered head, indicating his respect to the lady captain, "Captain Vyxyl..... some trouble stirred.....with your crew....and this priest.....I brought.....everyone....back....for safety.....decision....is yours....."

With that, the zombie gave a slight bow before shuffling away. He went to his quarters at a leisurely pace and did what he usually did when there was no orders to be followed immediately. He had a small treasure trove of musical instruments, as the crew knew well, and he decided to go with a more tranquil tune for the moment. He grabbed the old viola in the corner and fiddled with a few sour notes to assure its condition.

Oliver reappeared on the deck with his stringed instrument and bow accompaniment. He stalked over to the mast and pressed his back against it. Bringing the instrument to bear, he played his tune while they prepared to cast off.

Fable Fable Alteras Alteras Archon Archon Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Kimiwriter Kimiwriter LazyDaze LazyDaze Lord Mitmar Lord Mitmar Meme Machine Meme Machine Noble Scion Noble Scion Probably George Probably George shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 Tarmagon Tarmagon (lul for copying Fyuri's mass tag out of laziness)

Well all's well that ends well. Despite the special bending forces of a higher power, fate seemed to work in his favor when upon arrival, the Captain seemed ready to depart at this very moment. Naga breathed a sigh of relief once the fog of disorientation seemed to gradually uplift from him. Between the prisoner they housed earlier, their arrival on Rumblood, the priest, and their sudden departure Naga had barely had any time to rest. He forgot why they were here in the first place; was it about deciphering relish? Why would relish need deciphering? Maybe Naga had heard wrong. Oliver broke him out of his rabbit hole when he told him to report to the Captain.

"Aye...," Naga said through a yawn, grateful for the reminder since he was probably going to find some rum and a hammock. He sauntered across the ship to find the Captain alive and well. He had heard the tail end of Pandora's conversation with the Captain. "We have a Bosun problem," Naga asked as he approached them. He looked around the ship to see if anything was broken and then shrugged his shoulders as if to say a Bosun was superfluous...if he could pronounce that word. He removed his cloak now that he was back within the comfort of The Lady and away from prying eyes. (Why did I come here again...) "Oh yeah, Captain I heard we're leaving. You get us something nice...hopefully it's a sea monster, or a map to a haunted island...ooh even some man eating giants sounds fun...." Naga said as he observed the sky and mumbled to himself as he fantasized about the potential horrors that awaited them.

Fable Fable Meme Machine Meme Machine shadowz1995 shadowz1995

B14a8hL.png

Ateya folded her hands firmly behind her back, squeezing them together tightly where Tyr couldn't see them.

"Alright Teya," Tyr said. "We're gonna try this. The Lady needs a bosun, so we're gonna try you there."

Her hands squeezed together, white-knuckle tight.

"If the cap'n says 'aye' I'll be puttin you to work at a 3/4 share until we see how you do. If'n the cap'n won't take you as the bosun, I'll take you on myself as a rigger, and damned well pay you out of my own pocket. Can you read and write?"

Reading and writing? What did that have to do with-

She momentarily considered lying to impress, but that had done her no favors with the man thus far. She grimaced, but held her gaze steady. Tyr had picked up on an unsettling number of details in a very short period of time, so Ateya trusted that he knew the answer to that question just by her facial expression.

"Then you report directly to me every other day for an hour."

Eh?

"This ain't negotiable. If you're going to be an officer, you will have to be literate."

Ateya blinked and the tension left her face all at once, replaced by a visage of surprise. He was going to teach her ... to read? She stared ahead vacantly, trying to parse this information, but her head nodded of its own accord. This was all ... very different. Just what kind of ship was this? What had she gotten herself into?

The littlest smile pushed at the corners of her lips.

"You'll work hard, but do your best and I'll do my best by you. Endanger the Lady or her crew in any way and I'll use you for fish bait. And that 'crew' means yourself as well missy. Now, you be callin me Tyr when we be alone, and Mate or Sir when there's crew about. And lose the damned salute. We're not the never to be sufficiently damned Maerin navy. So, you aboard with this?"

She cocked her head inquisitively, and her smile pushed just a little higher. This wasn't what she was expected - and that made her all the more excited. Reading? Writing? I already vowed to do whatever it damn-well takes - if 'literacy' is part of the deal, then damn it, I'm gonna be literal.

She nodded her head abruptly, and instead of saluting she rapped her fist against her belly with a soft thump.

In that moment, relief washed over her. As a newfound calm blossomed within Ateya, her tunnel-vision opened to encompass the world other than Tyr. And when it did, something caught her eye. They had company. One of the earlier women, and some description of Harpy.

Gods above and below, how long have I been shouting in the middle of the street? How much did they hear?

She didn't blush, because pirates didn't blush, but she abruptly shifted a few feet back to give the newcomers and the first mate some space. Damn it, look at me getting all wound up and bleedin' emotional. She kept her silence and took advantage of the moment to collect herself, wiping the sweat from her brow, adjusting her tunic, double-checking all her ropes with a low whistle and finally rolling her shoulders as if trying to shrug off something particularly heavy. She rocked back, and then forth, and to either side to get a feel for her place and position, and clapped her hands together softly. The smack of flesh striking flesh felt sharp and lucid. Yeah. Yeah this was good. She was back in the game. She folded her arms, and watched, waiting for Tyr and the newcomers to finish their piece.

Ateya recognized 'Pandora' from earlier, but the other was unfamiliar. Ateya had seen many harpies in her time, but this one looked particularly sharp compared to the rest. There was a particularly intense look in his eye. She didn't speak a word until they had been dismissed, whereupon she shifted closer again, having recovered some poise.

"Aye, Tyr. If those are your terms, then consider me proper aboard with them." She paused and swung around, gazing longingly in the direction of the nearest port. "I carry everything I need with me, so I'm all set to go. Just lead the way, and let me get my eye on this fine vess'ul."

-----

Upon reaching the port, Ateya would waste no in breaking off from Tyr 'just for a moment', rushing ahead to make a quick circle of the Whimsical Lady - taking in the vessel from every angle. She liked to know the ship, of course, but she also knew there would be a time and place for a more thorough inspection. She had no intention of keeping Tyr waiting, so she made her inspection quickly before darting back to meet Tyr before he reached the ship, and she proceeded aboard with him.

She identified Vyxyl quickly enough - the ship's captain often had a certain mien to them. The 'surrounded by people' part also helped. Ateya identified Pandora and the Harpy nearby, as well as Naga - the big guy. She arrived just in time to catch Naga speaking.

"We have a bosun problem?"

Ateya did what any good pirate did - she seized the opportunity. She slide alongside Naga with a broad, confidant grin.

"Not any more you don't, big guy."

She quickly shifted her attention to the captain and delivered a short but respectful nod. She once again rapped her fist firmly against her own chest, the other resting on her hip.

"Hail, Cap'n. Call me Ateya - or whatever you want, you're the boss after all." Ateya shot a glance at Tyr, and contemplated going on - but Tyr seemed to have a good grip on the whole situation. She dialed it back a fraction, and waited for him to speak to the Captain instead of trying to push her own unique 'charm' into an unfamiliar situation. He was a hard ... man ... troll ... person to read, but he struck her as a good sort. She trusted that he would say whatever needed to be said.

Interactions: Tarmagon Tarmagon LazyDaze LazyDaze Fable Fable
Mentions: Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Meme Machine Meme Machine

full
Tyr managed to keep a straight face as Ateya started to smile. It wasn't much of one, but he thought it was the most genuine expression she'd shown in a while. She waited patiently as Tyr dealt with Pandora and the harpy, but he could tell she was ready to be off as she took Pandora's place.

"Aye, Tyr. If those are your terms, then consider me proper aboard with them." Ateya paused and swung around, gazing longingly in the direction of the nearest port. "I carry everything I need with me, so I'm all set to go. Just lead the way, and let me get my eye on this fine vess'ul."

"Aye," Tyr replied, setting off at a brisk walk towards the ship. "We'll get you introduced to the Cap'n, then you and me gots a lot of supplies to check and load."

Once they approached the Lady, Ateya peeled off from Tyr, taking a turn around the ship. Tyr didn't say a word, but he approved of Ateya's foresight. He kept walking, and Ateya joined him just before he started up the gangway. Once on deck, Vyxyl was easy enough to spot, being the center of a knot of personnel. Tyr let Ateya take the lead in introducing herself, which she handled rather well all things considered.

"I think Ateya will do well in the bosun's slot Captain," Tyr said, rather more formally than he usually addressed the captain. "She has a couple of minor deficiencies, but I can help her with those. What she does have is strength, willingness to work, and the ability to make lines move about as if they were alive. Until I've worked with her, she's agreed to accept a three-quarters share..."

"Yes, yes." Vyxyl said, glancing at Tyr and the expectant lamia. "She's your responsibility Tyr. Keep me apprised of her progress. Now, I'm a little busy, so unless you've got something else..."

"Gots not'in else Cap'n," Tyr said, the island patois surfacing instantly. "We be on our way."

Gesturing for Ateya to follow, Tyr headed over to where a large group of crew-members were swearing as they tried to manage a large cargo net full of supplies. Once they had it safely settled onto the deck, Tyr raised his voice.

"Alright you miscreants! This is Ateya, but you lot can call her Bosun or Sir."

The group of seamen looked at the well-muscled lamia, then at each other and collectively shrugged. She looked tough enough.

"Aye Mate," they chorused.

"Good lads," Tyr said approvingly. "Now then, she be new to the Lady, so's while I expect there'll be a bit of testing and pranking, keep it to a minimum. You try and tell her to store the beer in the captain's cabin, well I don't think it'll end well. For now, Bosun, get this lot back to work. I'm going dockside to check the supplies before they hit the net. You get em stowed away below decks pronto. The Captain's ready to ship out on the next tide."

Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Fable Fable

Placide Levesque
Placide Levesque.jpg

A few of the people that had been surrounding him would quickly shift their attentions away from him, with Ateya and the troll stepping away to speak about her taking the position of bosun, which was certainly interesting. Noire, the cat-woman, spoke with the bandaged man, Oliver she called him, about how their captain would be interested in their "catch", doubtlessly speaking of him. He disliked such a term, though it was not entirely inaccurate, considering his misadventures with Naga. Speaking of which, the large fellow seemed to be utterly lost, considering he still thought they were heading towards the bar despite nothing but docks and open ocean in the direction they were headed. He could sympathize for the fellow. After all, he'd somehow gotten to Rumblood by rowing from Theace. Placide still wasn't sure how he'd achieved that, considering he'd been trying to go to a little village near the capital, but it seemed to be the will of the Gods for him to meet these pirates. Meeting this lot was certainly more interesting than having his head lopped off for being a heretic back in Theace, or getting tossed into the deepest, darkest hole the Pirate King(Queen) could find here.

Could you dig a hole in a giant turtle's shell? Placide assumed not, but didn't really want to test his theory by staying.

Placide listened to what Oliver had to say about the guards doubtlessly riding his case as long as he stayed there, which was a sentiment Placide had gotten from all the guards shooting dirty glares at him as they walked past. Though it did surprise Placide a tad for the man to offer him a place on board their ship "You're probably right about the guards, Mr. Oliver, so I would be both thankful and honored to join you and your captain aboard the ship," Placide said as their little group approached the airdocks. 'My hypothesis was correct, it seems,' Placide thought to himself as they would approach the Whimsical Lady.

Finally, they had arrived. Oliver approached a stern looking elf woman, before giving her a brief, nay, laconic report about what had happened with him and her crew. Stepping forward, Placide would give a cordial bow to Vyxyl, before speaking. "Greetings, mademoiselle. I am Placide Levesque, ex-Cardinal of the Vidonian Church, and prophet of the new way. It would seem that my sermons have raised the ire of the Pirate King along with the interest of your crew, and I would much prefer not being killed in a violent and/or public manner, so I would ask to obtain passage on your ship. Though I confess I have no money, I do have a number of rare trinkets and tomes with me, and I am always willing to work if that is the only way to come aboard."

Mentions: shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 LazyDaze LazyDaze Fable Fable Collidias Rex Collidias Rex Tarmagon Tarmagon Meme Machine Meme Machine

Last edited:
Harper Jules
harpy.jpg
Harper simply scribbled out what he was told in his usual faultless lettering in response to Vyxyl's words, nothing incredibly eventful taking place during that time except for Marceleine getting scolded by the captain, which elicited a small smile of satisfaction from the harpy as someone other than him was beaten-up verbally, even if it was a simple "took you long enough" comment.

When finished, he handed the piece of parchment over to Vyxyl, practically blushing at the sight of Earl looking at his handiwork as he fidgeted with yet another rather noticeable smile.

Everyone seemed to be leaving the cabin, and Jules did just the same, wandering out to take in the sight of their surprisingly different-looking crew from when they'd started. Many new members, it seemed, meaning more work for him, but he didn't really mind.

The main thing he took notice of, aside from that, is that the undead was capable of playing an instrument, and more than that, he appeared to be capable of playing it well. It was slightly unnerving seeing a corpse play a happy tune, a bit of a juxtaposition in themes, he had to say, but he wouldn't refuse something to help lighten the atmosphere when surrounded by people he both didn't know and had presumably each had done something incredulously illegal.

He half-wondered what would happen if he returned those priceless books he stole from the church. Would he be killed anyway? Locked in prison for years? Or simply told to confess his sins for a year. No matter what the case, he still didn't feel particularly enthralled in the strange mish-mash of culture that was their religion.

As he leaned against the wooden railing of the boat, he once again fiddled with his priest-hood bell, creating a strange and unique ringing noise. It had become something of a habit when he was bored or thinking about his past.
Fable Fable shadowz1995 shadowz1995 Alteras Alteras

Pandora
Mood: Curious/Happy
Interactions: Fable Fable Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Noble Scion Noble Scion

Pandora backed away slightly, realizing she was no longer in the conversation. She looked around, and heard the tell tale sound of a bell. Her head spun around to Harper. He was leaning against the railing, playing with the bell he wore. She wasn’t sure why he wore it, but it never annoyed her. She wasn’t someone who got annoyed by little noises. She speed over to him, careful not to scuff up the boat (she had gotten a mouthful for doing that once) and waved right in front of him.

“Hi! Where on earth did you go?” She asked curiously, then holding her hands behind her back. Her head was tilted to the side, and her eyes slightly narrowed. She then brushed her hair out of her face, but got annoyed at it so she tied it up with the ribbon she now kept on her wrist. She was kind of excited to introduce Harper to Ares. They seemed very different, but Ares seemed nice and not liable to insult Harper at every turn.

Ares Murkwing
Ares shifted back, letting the rest of the crew speak with the captain. She hadn't denied his request and when Tyr appeared on deck, he didn't say anything to the harpy either. So I guess I'm good? He glanced around the deck, spotting Pandora with another harpy from the owl-family. Ares felt an urge to introduce himself but reconsidered when Tyr started ordering the others to stow the supplies below deck and he decided it would be better to lend a helping hand.

Following the others, he joined the line that retrieved the supplies from the docks. The work reminded him of when he was younger but at least this time he wasn't wearing a harness or tether. On the dock, he waited for Tyr to inspect the cargo before he picked up a sack or crate and carried it up to the ship and passed it off to another crew member to take below deck. The work was hard and tedious but it felt good to be doing something to earn his place on the ship.

I'll have plenty of time to meet everyone once we set sail.

Mentioned: Meme Machine Meme Machine , Tarmagon Tarmagon , Fable Fable , Noble Scion Noble Scion

Following the Road to El Dorado!

jF5jgcI.jpg

Vyxyl turned her head with a small tilt towards the unknown harpy. He looked larger than Harper and tougher, however that was just based on appearances. "If you were sent here by Mr. Tyr for a general crew position, very well. Pandora can give you the grand tour. You don't work well or piss me off you'll find yourself flying to whatever land you can."

She turned her attention back to Pandora, "And a bosun you say? Intriguing. Mr. Tyr has been very busy ashore I see. This should be interesting."

The conversation turned as the resident zombie of the ship approached, fairly odd since he mostly relied on orders for interactions. Perhaps his sentience was improving. Whether that was good or bad remained to be seen. Thus far she'd tried not to micromanage the entity, first it was out of curiosity since zombies were mindless empty things. Now it was because he showed there was something mentally alive within the dead body.

"A priest?" she asked, though she didn't really expect an answer. "A priest," she said again in a dull monotone. "Why the bloody hell is a priest on Rumblood? You know what, nevermind. I don't have the time to ponder such useless things." She was mostly talking to herself as Oliver shuffled off to do whatever zombie things he was going to do. "Oliver, if the priest pisses me off I give you permission to eat him," she finally called out after him with a devious grin.

Gotta keep your zombies well fed after all!

The priest introduced himself to her in that annoying way people did to embellish themselves and try to seem important. "Oh, you've pissed of the Pirate King eh? I'm more of the mind the King probably just wants you out of her port. If I was the King I'd use the easier, less bloody means to get rid of an annoyance. Appears I'm the unfortunate tool for this." She sighed, "hand over what you have then as payment to Mr. Harper. If you so much as begin a sermon or try and proselytize my crew you're going to find yourself meeting whatever deity or deities you believe in sooner rather than later."

Naga sauntered by her as well, being nosy about the conversation by leading it towards asking her for something nice; basically something he could fight. "If you're that bored you can help prepare the ship to sail, just in case we encounter a sea monster. Or an flying one."

Speaking of the potential new bosun, the person in question arrived shortly after. Vyxyl's reaction of surprise was merely a lifted brow at the lamia. After a quick conversation with Mr. Tyr on the matter of the bosun, she could turn her attention back to the crew that was crowded around her person. Tyr could handle personnel matters and she would inform him of the other crew changes that had occurred and details of the contract with Earl when time permitted.

"Get your asses to work now and get ready to set sail al-fuckin'-ready," she said roughly. She went to her quarters where Earl had helped himself and made tea. "Give me a heading," she said as she poured herself a cup of tea as well. Waste not, want not.

"Already done, you can check the map I've placed on your desk. Based on the stomping of boots, I assume we're leaving soon?"

Vyxyl went behind her desk and looked over the map, he had marked specific places for them to stop. "Why do we need to stop at these places exactly? Waste of time unless it's simply to resupply."

"The map you brought specifically required these areas, mentioning... well to be roughly translated 'access.' I believe once we reach the first destination things will become more clear. I'll have more access to their language and hopefully be able to better translate from the gained information. It might be something like one of those combination locks, we simply have to get the combination from these locations."

"Of course now I have to casually threaten you that should you betray me or my crew that your life won't be spared, yadda yadda. I doubt you much care since you already took a great risk seeking aid from the Pirate King to escape that hysterical prophet."

She didn't say another word as she left, making her way to the helm while barking orders, insults, and threats. She gave the heading to the helmsman as the crew began to undock from the port. Soon they were on their way, back across the great vast sea, wind in their sails as the airship glided just over the waves. "Mister Tyr," she called out, clearly wanting to speak with the First Mate. When he would arrive she took him aside.

"Keep a close eye on Earl. I've given him the surgeon's quarters as he needs the space for all his research. I don't trust the man though, but he's our best bet at even figuring out the relics. He has us going through monster infested waters. The there is that priest. He so much as sneezes our a blessing you are free to correct him."

( Sorry for the delay, been super busy. We'll be going back to 1 post per round per player!)​

Harper Jules
Harper turned around upon hearing the familiar voice of Pandora after being interrupted from his content boredom of staring at the endless expanse of blue while attempting to ignore the sounds of humanity behind him, a sound not entirely unpleasant or jarring, and a much more pleasant awakening from his day-dreaming that a terrifying prank such as one of their chef's.

"Where did I go? Well I was writing a contract for uh.. Reasons I don't think I should be talking about." he said with a soft smile to his 'student'. "Have you been keeping up with your writing? Also, has the captain not giving you some sort of job to do? As much as I wouldn't mind chatting, it'd appear that everyone's a little.. Preoccupied, heading away from port." Jules asked politely, seemingly slightly torn between talking with a friend and asserting his role as quartermaster.

"Speaking of, I probably need to go write up some pay schedules and manage the new faces, log down their roles and yadda yadda. I suppose you can assist me if you've got nothing else to do." he chirped before heading past Pandora, stepping in his usual noisy way of talons against wood followed by the small bell's sound, heading for the intended destination of the living quarters of the ship where most of his paperwork was to be done.

Upon arriving there, should his friend follow, Harper would proceed to pull out the log book and begin scribbling down the date and other information before leaving once again and heading down to the storage area, intent on making note of the prices and supplies being loaded onto the ship.
Fable Fable Meme Machine Meme Machine Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

B14a8hL.png

Alright Tey, keep a cool head.

Ateya positively beamed as she spun to face the crew, taking the opportunity to close her eyes and inhale. The salty sea breeze hit her like a cannonball, seemingly for the first time in weeks now. Maybe she'd been shutting it out all this time, refusing the temptation. When she exhaled again, she found herself standing on end - involuntarily having raised several feet into the air as she revelled in the memory. With a grin that bordered on predatory, she scanned the gathered crew - from the crewhands, to the captain who departed on her own business, to Tyr who seemed to be keeping an eye on her a moment longer.

Oh. Was that how it was?

She almost began barking orders right then and there, but as she spun around, she found herself faced with an unfamiliar vessel. No, this wouldn't work. She had an idea of where to start, but 'certainty' wasn't the right word for it. She didn't even know all the crew nor their various roles and positions. She didn't want to send the helmsman below deck to haul the anchor when they should be steering. Her bluster seemingly hadn't impressed Tyr in the past - she'd have to play it smart.

"Alright, boys, here's the plan. I'm gonna be takin' charge of deck activity." Ateya winked and placed a hand against the Whimsical Lady's mast, leaning against it with a confident smirk. "But I'm old fashioned, and that means I like to get to know a lady before I get too handsy with 'er. So just this time, I'm gonna let you all do what you know, and I'm gonna watch and get a feel for 'er. But don't you think I'm gonna let you slack, because I'm gona belt you across the arse with my tail if I see you fuckin' around." Ateya's tail thrashed behind her and she took an agitated stance, hands on hips. "And don't think I'm gonna settle for you treating her rough! I don't care how you ran things in the past, but we ain't trading fire right now, nor are we all wound up in a storm." She paused to pat the mast affectionately. "So when you hoist them sails, I want you to hoist them sails gently. Don't treat your ship any way you wouldn't treat your womenfolk. She's beau'iful an' graceful and you'll treat 'er with respect."

Ateya snapped her fingers and jabbed them in the direction of the ship's newest harpy - she knew he had only just joined too, and that meant she outranked him. "Oi, Feathers! I bet you got some good eyes on ya - make me a circle around the fine lady's hull and up around the masts. Report back if you spot anything. Loose planks, ripped sails, fraying lines or anything sharp-lookin' that might be caught up in the sails or snaggin' anywhere. She looked to be in good shape when I took a look at her, so do me a double-check. First thing about keepin' a ship in top-shape is 'not fuckin breaking her in the first place'."

She dug a hand into a pouch at her waist and fished out a small lump of amber-colored material, which she promptly tossed into her mouth before continuing. "If anythin's broken, break'en or look'en tense - you shout at me 'Hail, Bosun!', and I'll come on over and fix it myself so you can get back to yer riggin' or yer hoistin'."

With her hands planted on her hips once again, she chewed the lump of gum with a stern, determined expression.

"Go!"

With the crew shifting about, Ateya moved to the edge of the Whimsical Lady, peeking at the cargo. Barrels were easy, but boxes could be more difficult. The edges and angles made them finicky - though it was nothing she couldn't handle. She'd keep an eye on the crew, making note of their positions and procedures. They might have been a messy and disorganized force, having gone without a proper bosun for however long - but at that moment, they still knew the ship better than Ateya did, and she was of no mind to tell them how to run a ship she'd only just set foot on.

As they were brought on deck, she tied to her any barrels or crates small enough to be tied off and slithered away with them to the hold, keeping their weight evenly dispersed along her frame. The first trip took her a minute longer, having to navigate the new territory while encumbered, and upon resurfacing topside she spent a labored minute watching the crew and piecing together the method to their madness. Grabbing more cargo, her latter trips went by quickly as she traced her route through the Lady.

Interactions: Kimiwriter Kimiwriter
Mentions: Tarmagon Tarmagon

full
Tyr stood back and let Ateya handle the rest of her introduction to the crew. So far, so good. She knew she was on a new ship, and knew she didn't know everything she needed to know about the Lady. That was good. She also wasn't going to take any guff from the crew. That was good too. This lot responded to a firm and fair hand with far more alacrity than most pirate crews did, and an officer who actually pitched in and helped rather than bark orders? Tyr gave Ateya an approving nod as the lamia returned to the deck after a run of carrying supplies below and turned to the task of checking the incoming supplies. Everything moved quickly and efficiently, all of the suppleis being of acceptable quality for a change, and the last net load was swayed onto the deck in short order. Tyr left the new bosun to her work, spotting Vyxyl near the helm speaking to the current helmsman.

"Mister Tyr," she called out, clearly wanting to speak with the First Mate.

Tyr trotted over immediately, giving the captain a respectful nod as he approached.

"Keep a close eye on Earl. I've given him the surgeon's quarters as he needs the space for all his research. I don't trust the man though, but he's our best bet at even figuring out the relics. He has us going through monster infested waters. Then there is that priest. He so much as sneezes out a blessing you are free to correct him," Vyxyl said without preamble.

"Aye Cap'n," Tyr said quietly. "I can do those things for you. 'Tey hit a good note with the regular crew, but time'll tell. You know I don't approve of this relic stuff, sometimes de past should stay de past, but you're me cap'n, so I got your back in dis."

Tyr stepped away from the captain, looking up to examine the set of the sails with a critical eye. Good, just right for the current wind conditions. Nodding to himself, Tyr headed below decks, poking his head into the surgeon's office for a quick look. Already the place was cluttered with papers and charts everywhere, many written in languages that Tyr didn't recognize. Before the new occupant could notice him, Tyr had closed the door and moved on, shaking his head. A damned academic didn't belong on the Lady. Harper was at least, useful. That rats warren didn't look useful at all, but the cap'n was the cap'n, and her word was law. It was the priest that worried Tyr. He had seen the thing he had conjured, and the thought of something like that running rampant on the ship chilled his blood in a way that the crazy berserker they had left behind didn't. He was going to have to keep an eye on the new crew. A close eye.

Fable Fable , Collidias Rex Collidias Rex

Ares Murkwing​

'Feathers' wasn't his favorite nickname but it wasn't the worst he'd been called in his life. "Aye, Bosun."

Passing the crate in his arms off to another crew member, Ares moved away from the others to have enough space. He spread his wings and jumped, gaining more and more height with each stroke of his wings until he was high enough above the deck. Tilting sideways, he let himself dip before swooping up and climbing higher until he was circling above the Whimsical Lady. The open air, the sea breeze, and the sight of a ship filled him with satisfied joy. In a perfect world, he would keep soaring until he ran out of sky. He fought to keep himself from crying out. I have a job to do.

Circling the Lady, Ares studied everything, careful to take his time as he soared. Everything looked decent; a few signs of rust but not enough to cause any immediate concern, sails looked good, the captain and crew seemed to take good care of their ship. He let himself drop a bit, noticing a groove pattern that was starting to form in the wood of the mast from typical wear and tear. I'll mention it but it looks fine to me. He continued flying, leveling off just below deck level so he could examine the hull. A few loose nails and plenty of barnacles which he hoped he wouldn't be asked to clean off. Scrapping the little bastards off the hull had been one of Captain Scribner's favorite punishments. Not a pleasant time. Overall, the Whimsical Lady was one of the best he'd seen at the docks.

After taking one final pass around the ship, Ares landed on deck, flapping once to help him regain his balance. He hurried to catch up with Ateya as she helped load the cargo. Is that a normal job for the bosun to do? Perhaps each ship's crew was a little different. "The ship looks good, bosun. A few loose nails, nothing a once over with a hammer wont fix and a little weathering on some of the rigging but that's all." He eyed the crates and barrels that still needed loaded. "If that's all for now, I'll get back to loading the cargo." He picked up a barrel of fruit and carried it below, looking around for the kitchen.

Collidias Rex Collidias Rex (interactions)

Last edited:
Heading to the Maw

jF5jgcI.jpg

skyship_by_bryansyme-d299rd7.jpg

When her First Mate responded to her orders to keep a close eye on particular individuals there was no argument from Tyr on the matter. He did bring up his dislike of her relic hunting, but in this world it was relics that had the most power of any items. Also the most worth. If they could find some sort of hidden cache of relics with this map they could all retire comfortably for the rest of their lives and if they dared have offspring, any future generations.

It was also a lot more damn interesting of a hunt than their normal prey. Honestly, you loot one ship you've looted them all.

Her eyes turned to observe the Bosun. The lamia seemed a bit boisterous and more than eager to boss others around, which was fine since they'd been without a bosun for a bit. She also was dealing with cargo and with that strength made the task completed all the quicker. Her gut said the lamia wasn't going to be an issue, the priest though was a potential threat. She looked around for Naga ( LazyDaze LazyDaze ) as she intended to make him take special care of the priest; basically the priest does anything that endangered the ship or crew he was to end the problem. Since Naga was generally more than happy for a fight he would be a fitting shadow.

"Oliver," Vyxyl called out, "Take your necromancy friend and see if you can glean anything of interest from him. If you see Naga, send him my way as I need to speak with him." Oliver and Noire could be the best to figure out the priest magical inclinations better than she could. His presence alone was disturbing to Vyxyl as she absolutely dispised zealots and that man's aura and tone sent a chill down her spine. ( shadowz1995 shadowz1995 & Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 )

The ship was well on it's way now, speeding through the air. "Keep this heading," she ordered to the helmsman before going down the stairs to the deck, halting half-way. "Alright ye bastards and bitches, listen up. Our heading is taking up through some very unfriendly territory. You are to arm yourself properly and be prepared for any fights that come our way. We're heading into Maw territory."

The Maw territory was a notorious area of the Citcra Ocean that was best avoided. In fact most ships did, but at a great cost of time to go around it. Vyxyl didn't have that luxury since their destination was in the middle of Maw territory. With a skyship they have better chances than water restricted vessels. The Maw was known for strange creatures with large toothy mouths - or maws - that could swallow ships whole and have been witnessed doing so. Or so she had read.

They had plenty of time to prepare for the madness they were about to enter, and she figured she'd have some crew show some cowardice to what seemed like madness and a death wish. So she kept her expression harsh and cold, a deep glower set upon anyone who looked as though they were going to argue with her orders and their heading. "We're hunting the greatest of treasures and with that comes great risk. You want to live to see payday you best snap to it and get your asses ready!"

( Last round for interactions, next round will be a timeskip and battle. Telling you all now here so it doesn't drag on and on for interactions. )​

"Aye Captain," Naga said as he cracked his fingers and smiled. He was in charge of yet another potential "hazard" on their crew. Admittedly, this prisoner (err intern) seemed to be a lot more tame in the mental department which was actually pretty melancholy if you took the time to think about it. At the very least he would be able to find out more about the dark creatures he spoke so highly about. Make no mistake, although he was somewhat fond of the priest he was still indebted to Vyxyl. If he caused a problem he would do as instructed, as he always did.

Naga spent most of the time near the rails of the ship watching the skies as the breeze generated from the speeding ship brushed past his face. There was an odd since of foreboding in the air. Perhaps he was just paranoid, or maybe it was instinct. He had been so preoccupied with "crazy" people that he had almost forgot that they were on a purposeful voyage. The details never bothered him; they weren't needed. With Captain Vyxyl, he would sail to hell and back twice. That's when The Captain's voice cut through both the air and his thoughts. To a normal person the news of where this venture was taking them would cause them to become stiff, timid, and unsure of themselves; however, as expected of the young Wraigog, it was as if Vyxyl said they were going on vacation.

Naga turned to the crew while raising his massive battle axe with a single hand, speaking to no one in particular. "Aye, I'm with The Captain. Putting you life on the line is its own payday," Naga said with a devilish grin. "It might be Maw territory, but these our oceans, our skies....let's tear them apart."

Of course, he had to punctuate the "motivational speech" with such a....Naga-ish phrase, but he was eager to cross such a dangerous territory. He wondered how it was that anyone without his sense of adventure ever became a pirate in the first place. They'd be better off fishing.

"Hope you're not regretting joining us. This isn't a pleasure cruise." Naga said gruffly as he looked down at the priest although the statement could have been directed at some of their newer additions.

Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Fable Fable

(Open for other interactions!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back