• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
It is I a noob with a wish to join your game. Say would you be object to a coffee making metahuman who would gradually take control of a persons mind the more coffee you drank as long as he produced it or had one of his slaves produce it?

It is I a noob with a wish to join your game. Say would you be object to a coffee making metahuman who would gradually take control of a persons mind the more coffee you drank as long as he produced it or had one of his slaves produce it?
Idk. Theres a few issues with that one. Firstly they would be basically powerless against any player character as things that remove free will from PC's are not allowed, and it seems like they are more for humor than for the storyline. Id prefer if humor was included with the serious aspects of the story. For example bob...the dude is a terrifying Slime hulk, but his grumpy demeanor and need to rely on TK for the possibility of being returned to normal allows for some rather choice humor.

Idk. Theres a few issues with that one. Firstly they would be basically powerless against any player character as things that remove free will from PC's are not allowed, and it seems like they are more for humor than for the storyline. Id prefer if humor was included with the serious aspects of the story. For example bob...the dude is a terrifying Slime hulk, but his grumpy demeanor and need to rely on TK for the possibility of being returned to normal allows for some rather choice humor.
I'd be fine with his power not working on PC's as for being serious he wants to reshape the world in an image he prefers so he could be quite a serious person. Plus as he grows in power and gains more people he could pose a great threat. Image engaging someone in the street who would scream help and dozens of random strangers would risk their life and limb to their fullest ability to beat down someone using every weapon and skill they have without mercy or fear! But if you have suggestions I would like to hear them

I'd be fine with his power not working on PC's as for being serious he wants to reshape the world in an image he prefers so he could be quite a serious person. Plus as he grows in power and gains more people he could pose a great threat. Image engaging someone in the street who would scream help and dozens of random strangers would risk their life and limb to their fullest ability to beat down someone using every weapon and skill they have without mercy or fear! But if you have suggestions I would like to hear them
Well power of suggestion or telepathy would achieve the same thing without having to rely upon coffee? And dont get it wrong the Rp itself isnt really serious im just iffy about allowing comic relief character in due to the fact that they rarely mesh well with the story. I typically prefer if the characters are more generic but with personalities and traits that make them unique. Plus if you have a Telepathic character or a mind manipulator of some kind the easy way to make it applicable to player characters is to allow some form of resistance, like saying strong willed individuals can resist. I actually do want a good mental based hero because that will help fix Mr.Nuclear down the road which will be insanely helpful in the long run.

Well power of suggestion or telepathy would achieve the same thing without having to rely upon coffee? And dont get it wrong the Rp itself isnt really serious im just iffy about allowing comic relief character in due to the fact that they rarely mesh well with the story. I typically prefer if the characters are more generic but with personalities and traits that make them unique. Plus if you have a Telepathic character or a mind manipulator of some kind the easy way to make it applicable to player characters is to allow some form of resistance, like saying strong willed individuals can resist. I actually do want a good mental based hero because that will help fix Mr.Nuclear down the road which will be insanely helpful in the long run.
Well I never intended him to be a comic relief. He is actually a very serious character with long term goals and plots. He wouldn't be like running around in a latex suit with a coffee on it it would be more subtle. He would get you to drink a coffee then use his limit suggestion ability he now has on you to suggest you come again with friends and when you did that he would do it again each time reasserting his power and letting it grow stronger. He would start with the homeless. Offering them free meals and warm drinks using his powers to turn them into labor while actually helping them by providing pay and making them adopt healthy life choices and would work up to using his powers on the upper class to grow his businesses and expand his web of people he controls.

Well I never intended him to be a comic relief. He is actually a very serious character with long term goals and plots. He wouldn't be like running around in a latex suit with a coffee on it it would be more subtle. He would get you to drink a coffee then use his limit suggestion ability he now has on you to suggest you come again with friends and when you did that he would do it again each time reasserting his power and letting it grow stronger. He would start with the homeless. Offering them free meals and warm drinks using his powers to turn them into labor while actually helping them by providing pay and making them adopt healthy life choices and would work up to using his powers on the upper class to grow his businesses and expand his web of people he controls.
Okay. Then consider my concerns squashed. I like manipulators just look at boon lol. Im down for it so go on with your caffeinated self. I may even have a sub plot in mind later that they can play a role in.

Okay. Then consider my concerns squashed. I like manipulators just look at boon lol. Im down for it so go on with your caffeinated self. I may even have a sub plot in mind later that they can play a role in.
Sounds interesting I'd love to see what you have planned!

I'm new to the site though not to written RP do I need a link to the actual rp page or am I missing something amazingly obvious on this page?

The link to the main thread in on the bottom of this threads 3rd page. At the top you will find small blue words saying Lore, Cs, Occ, and Other.

Other takes you back here. The others are self explanatory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back