• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Iron & Lightning // Grishaverse & Gangs RP // plot & chat

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
tanto tanto Omg yes Oak would just periodically waddle up to him and stare at him (his way of asking for pets). But the poor thing doesn’t know he probably looks scary 😭😭

I'm actually finally at the halfway mark of Six of Crows and so far my takeaways from it are:

1.) it's well written and enjoyable
2.) it also reads like adult fiction that had all the characters aged down in revision to market as YA because none of them act like teenagers and have ludicrous skillsets for their ages

I’m so glad you like it! Wait till you get to crooked kingdom, it’s my favourite book in the world :D
the plot might seem confusing but the character development and backstories are just chef’s kiss.

I’m so glad you like it! Wait till you get to crooked kingdom, it’s my favourite book in the world :D
the plot might seem confusing but the character development and backstories are just chef’s kiss.
I've heard stories abt how much of a rollercoaster the second book is, I'll def keep you all posted on my thoughts

I'm actually finally at the halfway mark of Six of Crows and so far my takeaways from it are:

1.) it's well written and enjoyable
2.) it also reads like adult fiction that had all the characters aged down in revision to market as YA because none of them act like teenagers and have ludicrous skillsets for their ages
ahahaha love the book but i’m still thrown off by the fact that they were supposed to be in their teens! for me seeing the casting of the tv show before reading didn’t help at all, was trying to imagine these adults as seventeen year olds.

ahahaha love the book but i’m still thrown off by the fact that they were supposed to be in their teens! for me seeing the casting of the tv show before reading didn’t help at all, was trying to imagine these adults as seventeen year olds.
It's a fun book but yea, it definitely makes more sense if I mentally add like 5-7 years to everyone's age lol.

yeah that’s true. I mean it’s kind of weird for a 17 year old to be a criminal mastermind who runs a mafia before he is legally an adult 😂 And the casting was not helpful at all lmao but most shows/movies cast actors that are double the age of the characters in the books, for instance, Percy Jackson. I’m not complaining with the Grishaverse cast though, i feel like the actors they chose couldn’t have been better appearance-wise plus they’re all amazing actors. When the new castings for Wylan, Nikolai, Tolya and Tamar were announced I was Disappointed with Nikolai’s actor but now the more I look at them the more I think they’re perfect, especially Wylan.

Abendrot Abendrot hey, just wanted to let you know-- I can't read your post unless I press reply and just read it around the code. The code you're using isn't scrolling on my mac or on my phone Dx

and all-- I should get a post up for Feroze sometime later in the week, if not sooner if I get some of my classwork done early. Unless one of the Dregs girls is hoping to post first, take control of some of the situation some lol?

Abendrot Abendrot hey, just wanted to let you know-- I can't read your post unless I press reply and just read it around the code. The code you're using isn't scrolling on my mac or on my phone Dx

and all-- I should get a post up for Feroze sometime later in the week, if not sooner if I get some of my classwork done early. Unless one of the Dregs girls is hoping to post first, take control of some of the situation some lol?
Ah, alright. I'll use something else next time.

I’ll post again when we get more posts up!

Question for everyone, if your character had to be in another gang which gang would they be in?

Hahaha, I love character questions! This might be a bit of a cop-out answer, but Nika thoroughly hates gangs and is only in the Razorgulls due to blackmail. He would never voluntarily join another gang because most of their activities go against his moral code, but there is a possibility that he would start his own collaboration of bounty hunters that goes after kingpin gangsters.

I should get a post up for Feroze sometime later in the week, if not sooner if I get some of my classwork done early. Unless one of the Dregs girls is hoping to post first, take control of some of the situation some lol?
I could post instead of you since I was also thinking of suggesting to mix up the order of the members of the dregs’ posts because now that they’re all three in a row I feel like they can’t interact with other characters that well since they have to wait for everyone else to post first and then post all together, if I’m making sense? That’s just what I think at least, how do you guys am3thyst. am3thyst. and BOKEH. BOKEH. Feel about that?

Question for everyone, if your character had to be in another gang which gang would they be in?
Very interesting question. Like Nika, if Zosime had the choice she wouldn’t have joined the gang but if she wanted to join one of them maybe she’d pick the Razorgulls? I dunno

As for posting on the RP thread, there's no set order we must adhere to, so everyone post whenever you would like! All I ask is that no more than two weeks elapse between RP posts for any one individual.

Maybe they’re dealing with their fathers funeral plans? They have to have some type of gathering or something with family. So they could have gone to their holdings in another town for the memorial.

hey there, am trying to catch up on some work rn, and was intending on getting a post out this week but I can't make any promises abt today or tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back