• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

FearItself

There is nothing to fear
A world ends

About 50 years ago the strangest thing happened. A collection of scientists accidentally made contact with another dimension that was connected with ours. Unfortunatly this dimension was Hell. Jam packed with demons and tortured souls who would want nothing more than to chew humanity up and spit them out. Actually they almost succeeded, the vast majority of mankind perished and most of the planet was swallowed up in the perpetual bonfire of hell. The last bastion of earth wound up being a small chunk of real estate roughly the size of new Jersey.

A new world is born

Mankind is nothing if not stubborn. People adapted, they began to figure out ways to hide from the demons and create land they couldnt set foot on. That was when the small chunk of land the size of new jersey began to be called the promised land. In the promised land humanity began to rebuild, but everyone knew that we would never get back to our former glory without a way to fight back. Thus came the First hellbreakers.

Becoming a monster
You see demons aura holds the key to all of this. Their aura corrupts the ground, the air, water, hell even the atoms. Humans are for the most part immune to this. They cannot be corrupted however things that have become corrupted are very toxic to them. There are exceptions to every rule though. Some humans are born with not only an immunity to corrupted materials but they are actually able tp absorb this corruption to fuel a super power that is unique to each one. Some can weild fire, others are inhumanly strong, while others still are capable of mind powers or other forms of strange metaphysical abilities.

School for Demon killers

These abilities are hard to identify and harder to master, some even wind up blowing themselves up literally. Others encounter the opposite problem they grow so stromg that they lose their minds and become demons themselves. As such a school was built to train these warriors to become the champions of humanity that the world so needs. They will become The Hellbreakers.

(Hi guys so this rp will be a bit focused on combat, the school, and anime esque characters. If you have any questions ask away. Ill try and cover a few here. )

How do hellbreakers achieve growth?- the whole point of a hellbreaker is that they are a human empowered by hells fury. There are 3 venues for power advancement besides training. The aura of demons corrupts things turning them into infernal toxins, hellbreakers can ambiently absorb these toxins and gain enough power to sustain their abilities. Next up is direct contact, the demons and tortured souls that give off this toxifying aura empower hellbreakers with their pressence alone. A hellbreaker is at their best when fighting a demonic entity as they actually grow beyond their limits and can amplify their base power with combat. Lastly is the forbidden venue consumption. Consuming a demons flesh or blood grants hellbreakers an incredibly huge boost to their power, ten fold what they are normally capable of ar their best. This boost is forbidden because it is highly addictive, short lived, and causes hellbreakers to slowly turn into demons. After all, you are what you eat.

Whats the promised land like?- the prosmised land is shaped like a perfect circle thanks to the Ward. Its located in what was once texas and is built around a nuclear power plant which actually still fuels the Ward. It is oriented in a series of rings with artificial waterways seperating each ring. The ward is an invisible force field that makes up the border, built along its bottom is a large steel and stone wall which is occupied by the hellbreakers wardens division. The ring directly inside from that is the largest and is mostly farmland and livestock space. Inside from that is the second largest ring, this one is where most people live and where most shops operate, also called the city. Beyond that is the final ring though its actually a circle. Here is the nuclear reactor, the hellbreaker academy, and the promiselands government buildings, schools, banks, and anything else deemed needing protection. The whole place has a population of 7.7 million people. They are mostly nice...mostly.

Is magic a thing here?- yes and no. Magic is what demons, hellbreakers, and tortured souls use. But it isnt some mystical force. Its energy from another dimension that operates on a different set of physics. Lucky thing too as otherwise our scientists would be hopeless to save us.

Do i have to be a hellbreaker?- Heavens no. There are plenty of roles within the city, the academy, the government, and even within the ranks of fully fledged Hellbreakers or teachers. All roles are needed.
~~~

If you have any more questions ask away and ill list them above for all to see.​

I have a witch character that I would be interested in having play the role of a teacher/instructor at the school.

His basic premise is he is half witch/half human, and has the ability to basically become possessed by demons, and then harness their power and abilities. He holds contracts with multiple powerful demons, granting them access to his body in return for access to their power.

Depending on the timeline of everything, he would have either been around and aware of demons before the earth was partially swallowed up, or simply grew up in this new world with a mother who was around before everything (his mother is a full witch). He would be in his 30s. Reading the info provided, I was assuming everything went down 50 yrs ago? I wasn’t 100% sure if the world swallowing happened the same time the communication stuff happened.

So, he’s not a Hellbreaker per se, but would probably pass as one, most likely keeping the intricate details of his way of harnessing his power mostly a secret. I’m sure the school would not like to find out that one of their teachers was actually in part in league with these demons...tho that’s obviously not the whole truth of it.

Thoughts??

I have a witch character that I would be interested in having play the role of a teacher/instructor at the school.

His basic premise is he is half witch/half human, and has the ability to basically become possessed by demons, and then harness their power and abilities. He holds contracts with multiple powerful demons, granting them access to his body in return for access to their power.

Depending on the timeline of everything, he would have either been around and aware of demons before the earth was partially swallowed up, or simply grew up in this new world with a mother who was around before everything (his mother is a full witch). He would be in his 30s. Reading the info provided, I was assuming everything went down 50 yrs ago? I wasn’t 100% sure if the world swallowing happened the same time the communication stuff happened.

So, he’s not a Hellbreaker per se, but would probably pass as one, most likely keeping the intricate details of his way of harnessing his power mostly a secret. I’m sure the school would not like to find out that one of their teachers was actually in part in league with these demons...tho that’s obviously not the whole truth of it.

Thoughts??
Im sorry but i dont think the witch will fit. There are a few issues with this

I stated above that magic is not a mystical energy but rather a force from another dimension operating on another set of physics it is not something that can be manipulated without technology and science. At least in this world.

Hellbreakers are the only varient of human. Werewolves, vampires, etc they are not real in this setting but are creatures of myth inspired by demons.

The biggest thing is thinking demons are a force that can be harnessed in this world. They are cruelly intelligent, very powerful and not able to be summoned. Even if they were, they would simply mutilate you. These arent the handsome or beautiful mystic demons of usual lore. These are horrid abominations that seek the extinction of humanity.

Hooefully that doesnt kill your interest i am trying to keep all superpowers manageable so they must exist within the specific format layed out and must be detailed. Otherwise it just becomes an ever climbing ladder of one uping the strongest cs.

It's all good. To be honest, I'm specifically looking to play this one character, so unfortunately I'm going to have to look elsewhere. To be honest, I wasn't anticipating beautiful/handsome, I was very much expecting manipulative and mutilating, but if the idea of a witch does not fit into your world, that is perfectly okay. This is your rp, not mine, and I 100% respect the direction you are going in.

Thanks for the response and honesty! I wish you all the luck in your rp endeavor.

Thoughts??
As for the timeline stuff. It was a solid week long process called the burning which happened immediately upon making contact. Communications went on for a few decades before that but they were mostly garbled nonsense. Contact was made 50 years ago and a week later the ward was put up around the promisedland. Then came hellbreakers within the first few years. The school was made about 30 years ago. From there we have had 6 graduating classes and our Starting hellbreakers will be the 7th generation. (Unlike most schools there are no upper classmen. Rather a group of students are gathered every 5 years and go through the program as a whole.)

It's all good. To be honest, I'm specifically looking to play this one character, so unfortunately I'm going to have to look elsewhere. To be honest, I wasn't anticipating beautiful/handsome, I was very much expecting manipulative and mutilating, but if the idea of a witch does not fit into your world, that is perfectly okay. This is your rp, not mine, and I 100% respect the direction you are going in.

Thanks for the response and honesty! I wish you all the luck in your rp endeavor.
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in finding a home for your witch kid :)

The CS, Lore, & OCC threads will go up tomorrow evening if enough interest pokes come up. The rp itself will begin friday if all goes according to plan. Im never far from my phone and i get notifs so if you have any questions ask and ill answer promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back