• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gravitational Force

Dark Lord of Creativity
There is no sun in the sky, only the color of the full moon changes.
1621531483724.png
You were Human. Then one way or another you stepped through a portal and ended up in the Dark World. Normally this would have most likely shortened your remaining time alive down to seconds due to the inhospitable nature of the Dark World's inhabitants, wildlife, landscape, and general state of being when it comes to Humans (carnivores abound), but you were lucky. Or unlucky, depending on how you view it.

Instead of dying (or maybe because of how you died) your Humanity has been stripped from you (along with your soul in some cases) and you have become new permanent residents of the Dark World. Maybe you had a choice in the matter (and accepted due to fear of death, desire for power, or both) or maybe your new form was forced on you.
  • If you were attached to your looks (or didn't have them but wanted them) then Vampirism was a path to that. Sure you were giving up your ability to eat normal food, acquiring an overpowering thirst for a certain iron-rich liquid, gaining a severe sunlight allergy (not that there was any in the Dark World), and a host of taboos (you might be able to be around garlic, but there will be something you can't handle), but who wouldn't make sacrifices for beauty and power?
1621532055569.png
  • Sure it's a stereotype, but it's always night and the moon is always full in the Dark World (except when it's not), so why not let your hair (or scales, feathers, etc.) down (and out) by becoming a Werebeast? Bat, Rat, Wolf, Fox, Crocodile, Vulture, etc., all it took was a bite and that savage power could be yours. A hunger for fresh meat, tendency to transform while under stress, increased emotional sensitivity, and urges relating to your animal form is a fair tradeoff, right?
1621532325244.png
  • You've heard of Deals with the Devil, but in your case the terms of the contract were simple: your immortal soul (not that losing it would make any difference) in exchange for Demonhood. Sure, your body would twist into a form representing the darkest parts of you, but the power is just so tempting. And there's always room for advancement...
1621532447644.png
  • Normally those able to use magic were born that way. But if you're willing to sign up for some...experimentation by whichever mad scientist is looking for a test subject you might be able to harness this power. Or explode. Or both. Just don't bother people with your petty complaints about voices in your head.
1621532534812.png
  • And then there's the Dead, the Forsaken, and the Lost. Either through bad luck, despair, or stupidity you ended up losing your life or were twisted into a monster not belonging into any of the above groups. But fear not, whether you're a shambling Zombie, ever-hungry Ghoul, a literal Ghost of your former self, or some other form of Undead or other Wretched thing, you're never alone. There are always more like you.
1621532760375.png

But no matter which of the above you become you're still on the bottom of the pyramid. If you want to climb you'll need allies. And if you can't trust other former Humans who can you trust? (Hint: you can't even trust them, they will most likely sell you out.) But hopefully you'll all benefit from collaborating long enough to advance yourselves. Or at least have company when you fall.

Welcome, this RP's plot will vary depending on how the players who sign up would like to play it. Read these first before signing up:

My guarantees as GM:
  • I am here to help you help us all tell the story. If you ever have questions, comments, concerns, ideas for the RP, or just want to chat I'm willing to listen and respond. Just let me know what you want or need.
  • I'm here to help. I don't kick people out for questioning me and I view player feedback as a valuable resource in making better RPs.

Your responsibilities as players:
  • You will need to be willing and able to write at least 3 detailed, literate paragraphs per main post. If a post would be smaller I'll use messaging to consolidate them into a single post.
  • You will need to let me know if you won't be able to post. As long as you let me know it's fine, but otherwise I'll eventually have to kick you out so the others can post.
  • Please try to post at least once a week.
  • No controlling another player's character without their consent.
  • If I ever tag or message you I'll need you to respond as soon as possible. Real life comes first, but please at least say if you can't respond beyond saying you have real life stuff that needs to come first.
  • Be nice to each other. If you are having problems with another player let me know and I'll see what I can do to solve it.

I've got openings for up to 5 players.
A CS and OOC page will go up when all the slots are filled. If requested by the majority of the players I will create a Discord once we've gotten started.

Feel free to ask any questions you need to, I am happy to answer them.

Great! If you know anyone who you think would like to join this as well feel free to invite them.
Do you have a preference on what type of character you would like to play?
Unfortunately I don't, but hopefully soon people will pick up some interest for this!
In terms of character, I'm thinking a ghoul. I'd love to play a character that acts a bit like a messier vampire with some more inhuman features.

Something like this maybe?
american-vampire-pearl.jpg

Unfortunately I don't, but hopefully soon people will pick up some interest for this!
In terms of character, I'm thinking a ghoul. I'd love to play a character that acts a bit like a messier vampire with some more inhuman features.

Something like this maybe?
american-vampire-pearl.jpg
Ghouls in the Dark World are humanoid except with bigger, sharper teeth, claws, sickly looking skin that tends to be grey, green, or some other unhealthy-looking color, need to eat corpses (with them tasting better the older and more rotten they are), and are stronger, faster, and tougher than normal Humans and are immune to most diseases. Unlike in D&D, they're not Undead, they're living creatures. The more powerful ones can gain abilities from the bodies they consume and even shapeshift, but your character will just have become one.

Your character could have become a Ghoul in a variety of ways, including being cursed, being infected by another ghoul, or having committed cannibalism in the Dark World. They have a variety of appearances and any of these would work for how they would look:
1621903456747.png1621903512116.png1621903840771.png

Ooo, I'm interested! I think I'd like to play a rotting zombie, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
Zombies are among the most common Dark World residents. Most of them are near-mindless and fall apart easily. Ghouls especially like eating them. Some zombies are able to retain their intelligence and most of their bodily abilities (and can even be stronger and faster than Humans due to not having the limitations of the living), but require fresh flesh and brains to keep their bodies and minds working. They also can't heal themselves and either have to be repaired as best as they can manually (which could even involve just stapling parts back on) or preferably by someone with some magical abilities.
Any time a Human dies in the Dark World and there's enough of their body left they could become a Zombie. If they're missing any body parts they'll need prosthetics though.

If anyone had any questions on this feel free to ask.

Here are the character sheet and OOC pages for when those of you who have expressed interest are ready:

I'm thinking of a wanna-be sophisticated vampire or a hot headed werewolf.
Which would suffice given the roster of characters already chosen?

This is still open. It's started, but it'll be easy to get your characters with the main group since it's still at the beginning where they all meet up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back