• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Gwendolyn Cox
Tags:
(Open)
v8YQO8A.png

Gwen goes and takes a seat close to the back of the room with a window view, the cloud of grime on the outside making the scene have somewhat of a foggy filter but it was better than nothing, though speaking of view her choice was likely unfortunate for those behind her, her height combined with a large mane of hair blocked much of the forward view as it flared out over the back of the seat. Looking back to the people around the room react to the teacher she starts to look him over herself to take his measure, if she was going to be with this guy for a few years she might as well see what she was working with....and likely getting chewed out by if past experience was anything to go by.

He seemed at least not a complete hardass so that was a bonus, though with how some others looked at him he must have a reputation in the area or something, he looked fairly normal so no obvious mutation quirk, maybe something spider related? Flinging webs would be obvious with the name...maybe a red costume? I mean he wasn't ginger and would be on the nose to have the guy be native American. Either way, time would tell, so, for now, she leans back and try to pay attention all while giving her desk a bit more of personal flair with a marker in her free hand.

Mention: Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy
93fe64e9fdb614a4b5a2f83c46c79608.png

Onyx wasn't at all interested in taking a tour of a school she'd been at for two years already, so instead she'd spent her time writing in her journal different notes and tips for herself. She liked keeping a journal with her personal tips for herself and her quirk separate from her class notebooks because it was more personalized to her then the general information given to the class, and she only brought it out when she was alone or knew that no one was watching. Not that she believed anyone here had malicious intents...they were here to be hero's after all, but the thought of all the information a person could possibly want about her being at their finger tips was more then enough of a reason to be extra cautious when she had it out. Good things was it seemed quite a few people did take the tour so she was able to sit in peace on a window sill. She got lost in her on thoughts thinking of different scenarios, and how she could best help and support those around her in such disasters. Her teachers the previous years had stressed combat so much and her potential to be one of those heroes that could really be in the spotlight, top 20 especially if she really advanced with some physical training. The problem was she wasn't interested in that. She wanted to save people who were in danger, and if fighting had to be a part of it so be it, but if it didn't she'd rather leave that to the ones who'd actually enjoy the limelight.

The problem with her having all this time to herself? She definitely lost track of time, and her surroundings. Next thing she knew students were filling in the seats and she had to rush to put her things away and take a seat. Normally she would sit in the back of the class, but due to her daydreaming those spots filled quickly so she opted for the middle seat in the row by the door. It would be easy access out the room, and the closer she sat to the back the less people's view she would block due to her height. She knew if she stayed by the window her thoughts would drift again anytime a deep thought crossed her mind, and she needed to focus. Not that focusing would be hard once she noticed their teacher enter the room. How could she not pay attention to the light hero in front of her. She pulled out one of her journals labeled "School: HC" and put the date at the top of a new blank page ready for this new year to begin. She just hoped she wasn't blocked the boy behind her too much. Maybe he'd switch with her if it was a problem?

Last edited:
Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgToru had been running her fingers along her notepad, examining the suit as it returned to its more compact form. She looked back to the side as Teru stood from the medicine cabinet, and was about to say something when another voice cut in. Unprepared for their teacher's sudden appearance, Toru flinched back violently once she spotted him. Her movements, however, led to her accidentally smacking her notepad into the back of Teru's head. Thankfully, Teru managed to catch herself against the counter, looking back with confusion as Toru gasped.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm so sorry"
Toru stammered her apology repeatedly as she immediately dropped both her notepad and pen and began rubbing at the back of Teru's head. As she worked to massage the back of Teru's head, her eyes narrowed and snapped towards Placebo, "Sir... I can't help but... b-bring up once more how unnecessary surprises are f-for a.... workplace such as this."

"Surprise?" Teru tilted her head back with a raised eyebrow "You mean you didn't know he was here?"

"Well of c-course I didn't! Why would I-?!?" Toru blinked and pulled her hands away from her twin "D-did you-?"

"Well duh," Teru shrugged before crouching down to grab Toru's pen and notepad "You can only study under a master illusionist for so long before catching onto some running themes. Oh! Don't worry about the bonking earlier, baby sis, anything less than a Five-Star unblock-able finisher can't touch my stats."

Toru pouted as she took her supplies, "Baby Sis-?" she shook her head before glancing away "Well I can understand why Victor wouldn't wouldn't notify Nikkolaüs, but to not keep your own sister updated..."

She trailed off and clutched her notepad to her chest as Teru shrugged, "Well I'm not about to go ruining a surprise, sis. There's no sportsmanship in it." she crossed her arms and gave a firm shake of her head "Its like calling out a magician's trick to the audience before they're done just because you've figured it out. Like, all these folks came to be amazed, they paid some good money just to have the high point ruined for them."

Teru looked to the ceiling with a look of determination, "So no ruining magic shows, and no showing others where the hidden rooms are in games. Proper intellectuals have to have standards with what we reveal!"

Toru pouted, "If you'd show me where those items are we wouldn't get stuck in those games so often..."

But a pair of arms wrapped around her and squeezed her tight as Teru spun around, "Aw, but that look of pride on your face when you discover stuff on your own! I don't think I could live without it!"

Toru flushed red and hid her face behind her notepad, but Teru eventually stopped spinning and nodded to Placebo, "Far too long indeed, teach! You probably heard all our talk about the projects we were on, but now I've just gotta know."
She nodded across the room to the catalog, "This updated catalog, is that the school thanking us for a job well done, or did you go out pulling strings?"

Nikkolaüs couldn't help but smile at the twins as they bantered. Nikkolaüs reminisced about some of the old days, when they first met. How Toru hardly said a word to him, that is of course until they started playing games together. Having seen what Teru was on about first hand, Nikkolaüs found the her 'I can't find the thing' pouty face very cute, especially when she did manage to find the thing. Then, suddenly his mind backtracked; having noted what Teru asked Placebo. Really, it only made sense that Trion went out and used his connections for this; it's not like they did something super outstanding last year.

"You guys did something super outstanding last year!" Huh? "While yes, I did call in a few favours for this extra money, none of it would've pulled through if it hadn't been for these."

Trion reached into his coat pocket and pulled out two objects Nikkolaüs didn't immediately recognize. Two metal discs about the size of his palm, one silver, and one gold. They had blue ribbons attached and there were numbers inscribed: 1st and 2nd place? Oh! They're medals!

"So, I kinda sorta maybe entered both of your final projects from last year into a state competition over the summer. These were the results!" He flipped both of his thumb and they flew towards Nikkolaüs and Teru. "Your efforts convinced Beaufort to increase our budget. I'd've invited you two the the awards ceremony, but I doubt you'd've been able to stop working long enough."

Catching the medal in his hands, he turned it over to read the inscription on the back of the plate. This 2nd place medal is presented to Nikkolaüs Butler for is impressive display of mechanical prowess and ingenuity. Honestly, he was surprised his Flügel MK I managed to rank so high; it was technically only one wing, not even a full set. What he wasn't surprised by, is that Toru and Teru made first place. A bittersweet feeling, he'd say: to witness your best friends' triumphant victory at the cost of your own.

"Well," Nikkolaüs smiled to Toru and Teru, holding up his medal for them to see. "That'll do it, you guys really are leagues more useful than me!"

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

A girl entered the classroom rushing almost at the same time as the teacher. She sat in front of Joe and Ashley. Joe had seen her around the halls in past years as he had the habit of observing the people that passed by from the dark corners he spent recess in, but the only thing he knew about her was that she was a junior.. Her height covered some light that was falling on his desk, something he appreciated. While he was thinking about the rest of the day Solstice rose her voice and said: "O.K, before we start the class, as many of you might know my hero name is Solstice and my quirk is called illuminate, for this first-row call I will like you to stand up and say your quirk when called." "Great, now I will have to talk in front of everyone, I guess it is what it is, luckily I'm in the middle of the list," Joe said loud enough for the people near him to listen but not enough for people to actually think he was addressing them.

Joe wrote "Hero Class #1 Teacher: Solstice, the Light hero Quirk: Illuminate" in his notebook, laid back and waited to be called, using his quirk to block the light that got reflected from Ashley's wing.

Nessi Nessi Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202

Amaryllis

Oh no, she thought to herself. She felt the heat rise in her cheeks as the girl from earlier sat beside her. Madeline was that kind of natural pretty. The kind of gal that didn't need to put effort into anything to just be pretty. Amie never categorized her sexuality, but she knew that she never had a preference. It was like being an emotional wreck wasn't enough. The deities above needed to make her an emotional wreck regardless of the person talking to her. And she had only been talking to fiercely attractive people the entire day. She heard the girl's gentle voice beside her whisper out the name of the incredible hero at the front of the class. It was the same awe that Amie felt in her own bones. She found whatever ounce of courage she had to turn to Madeline.

"He's amazing right? I never imagined we would have someone so great teach us," she whispered, the words not carrying nearly the same lilt as Madeline. Amie's skin was on fire, but she needed to do this. She needed to overcome her emotions by sheer force. Even if it meant blushing until she burned the world down with her.

Red Web passed around the syllabus documenting how he planned to run the class. Amie was not surprised he was this professional; he was a detective from the city after all. She highlighted the rules as he read them aloud. He was loud enough to reach every corner of the room, but his voice wasn't aggressive. There was a kindness to his words. Amaryllis could tell he would be very forgiving to them if they didn't follow his conduct to the T. "And don't forget," he turned to the class with a wide grin. "Be unapologetically you." He laughed to himself before gathering his things at the desk. "Now I've got a treat for all of you. Ever heard of Block Buster? He's an incredible Pro Hero that also teaches here. And today we are doing a joint class outside."

Amie had heard of a few of Block Buster's accomplishments, but she never had an interest in his work. She loved heroes that could save the day with their strength, but she loved intellectual heroics a little more. Something about the workings behind the scenes gave her chills. She knew she would never be on the front lines of heroics, so she put extra effort into studying heroes that worked more practical jobs.

Red Web directed the class out of the room and down the hall to the exit. He warned them to stay together, but Amie knew half of them would not listen. He guided them to where another class was already in motion. "Block Buster wants all of you to pair up in groups of two or three. Discuss your quirks with your classmates. If necessary, use the equipment provided to show it off if you haven't figured out how to explain it properly."

Amie felt dread pour into her stomach. She felt the tears fill in her eyes, and she tried so damn hard to hold them back. She was not sociable, and she hated group work because of it. Madeline was probably going to work with someone more impressive, and Gwendolyn from earlier was definitely too cool for her. This was her worst nightmare. Amaryllis would wait until everyone is paired up and join the group with the least amount of people.

PlusUltra PlusUltra MegMath13 MegMath13 BB Hawken BB Hawken

Madeline leaned over and spoke in a soft voice, "Yeah, he really is amazing. Dad didn't get internet right away so I read back issues of the newspaper that had been left in my living room." She said before shutting her mouth and listening to the man speak. He seems to be able to carry his voice without yelling or sounding cruel. She stood up and followed him out of the room. Working with other people, wasn't really her strong suit, she was independent.

She turned to look at Amie and smiled putting a hand on her shoulder, "Hey it's gonna be alright! Um, you wanna be partners?" She asked fiddling with her fingers. She would really rather be with someone that she was already acquainted with that someone that she didn't know at this point.

Last edited:
Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgWith a swift flick of the wrist, Teru caught the medal in two fingers before holding it up. She turned a bit to the side so Toru could peak over her shoulder at the medal. With a roll of her eyes, Teru glanced to Nikkolaüs "Usefulness is a pretty situational category of observation, Nikki-Boy."

Passing the medal to Toru, she gave a stretch before putting a hand on her hip, "Though I'm not to giddy about missing out on any award shows." she shrugged "Unlike these two, I like to think my balance of work and play teeters on the nearly healthy side of the scale. Right sis?"

But Toru didn't answer, instead she was glaring intently at the back of the medal, reading its inscription over and over before looking over Teru's shoulder "The L-Limb Enhancers? That's what you used?"

Teru snickered, "Oh yeah, I remember those things!"

Yet another off-shoot branch of research they'd gone into whilst working on the Exoskeleton. Instead of trying to piece together a rig for the entire body, a single harness and a series of tubing and musculature support allowed them to build smaller rigs designed for boosting the effectiveness of a single limb. Because they couldn't balance out the entire body, there was no way they could be able to grant the sheer efficiency of their hypothetical Exoskeleton, but the Limb Enhancers could still provide improvements to the strength and speed of any individual as long as they were secured on properly. Teru figured they were great practice runs for when they actually got that damn exoskeleton working, but...

"They weren't r-ready!" Toru insisted, clutching the medal hard "Weren't even m-meant for trial runs!"

Turning away, she bit the rear of her pen before grunting, "They were only for p-p-practice, nothing more..."

"Well not every day you develop a more stylish alternative to actual bodybuilding," Teru checked her nails before walking to the other side of class "So I'll still label this as our win."

Toru pouted at that, but pass the medal back to her sister as she flipped open her notepad again.

Placing the medal between her fingers, Teru flipped almost like a coin several times as she made her way towards another corner of the classroom, "So that's how we got all these new toys to play with, that's all well and good, but it doesn't explain these."

Turning to face Placebo again, she nodded down to one of several carts that had been tucked in the corner of the class, "If I'm not mistaken, this is a collection of support gear. Now normally I'd assume we'd be salvaging old equipment for parts or even looking over old projects, but given our funding this year, I'm starting to think otherwise."

"And that brings us to your one and only assignment in this class for the entirety of this year. See, the top two students of each state are eligible to enter the National Youths Support Competition held this summer. You three are to enter this contest, and your score will be based on your rank among the hundred students. Of course you're not to resubmit the projects that put you in of course."

That's... pretty fuckin' hefty. To put the weight of the entire course onto one
competition in which the top one-hundred students will be participating. Nikkolaüs was confident in his abilities, but he didn't think he was that good.

"Uh, sir. I don't know about this."

"Well, you're not supposed to know, you're supposed to do. See, Nikkolaus--and this goes for you as well Toru--you two always seem to be so stuck in the numbers that you seem to forget that you don't have all the time in the world to just think. Sometimes you just have to fuckin'--uh--fuckin' get in there y'know! Now Toru, you have Teru to help push you to go beyond, but Nikkolaüs doesn't have that same kind of support. So, do me a favour, I want you to be his support item. In turn, I'm sure he'll do the same for you."

Nikkolaüs couldn't help but turn his head in embarrassment; the way Trion said it made it seem kind of like he was implying something, not that it was the kind of thing he'd pay attention too. It's not like he needed it anyway. Nikkolaüs was fine to keep to his own workshop, and he pushed plenty hard. Enough to be illegal in some cases; may he never have to sit in the back of Officer Litiga's cruiser again. Though, with his mother always working, and his father and brother doing hero work in Japan, he did get kind of lonely from time to time. That wasn't their problem to solve, however. It wasn't affecting his work either, in fact it only motivated him to work more! It was really his way of hammering out the stress, only problem is that there's so much stress there that he ends up pulling all-nighters just to find that peace of mind: so he can sleep.

"Sir, your melatonin levels have just reached eighty picograms per milliletre." Victor warned discretely.

"I know, I saw," He whispered, looking at the small flashing value in the corner of his glasses' frame. "Fucking--pipe down about it, okay?"

Last edited:
It was fairly easy to follow behind on the stony paths, even if some had developed cracks or had sprigs of grass and weeds peaking out of them. Felix was more worried about the destination rather than the journey there, given that Block Buster hadn't yet explained what they were actually doing. He had a sneaking suspicion that demonstrations were going to be involved and those were occasions he never looked forward to. He enjoyed watched what others could do, always had, but that was easily buried by the jealousy of how easy it was for them and the fear of when his number was called. In his eyes, it was always best if those things could just be avoided.

That being said, he felt the largest wave of relief wash over him since he'd woken up that morning when the hero said he'd only be accepting volunteers.

It felt as though that luck continued as Block Buster explained his plan for the class this year - books had always been an easier and quieter experience, one he preferred with all the paper cuts that came with it. For however unlikely it was for him, it also gave him a budding hope that he could figure out more about his quirk without using it; there would be no question of morality or ethics, just answers. That high spirit was dropped quickly though as the hero enthusiastically told everyone to pair up. Felix watched as everyone who knew each other paired up and how people flocked to those who seemed more talented or popular. The thought flashed through his mind of who would possibly want to buddy up with him, but then who did he see but Aden, coming straight for him just as he had before.

On the bright side, at least it was someone he knew already, even if it couldn't lessen the weight of the situation.

Name: Aden Sycamore
Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy BB Hawken BB Hawken Frostbuny Frostbuny MegMath13 MegMath13 PlusUltra PlusUltra

Aden saw as he made his way to a partner that the sophomores have arrived, immediately recognizing the age group given that the people in it were people he recognized, Quinn, Amy, Maddie, and that one cool girl. Anyhow, Aden decided he could meet up with them later, or more preferably they meet up with him first. Aden waved just level with his shoulder, a timid, but hopefully a friendly signalling wave.

"Hello again, Felix! So, uh, quirks, right. I guess I kinda want to get straight to the point, huh; been waiting all day to show this off to someone." Aden said, then put his bag down in front of him as he rummages through it, but he continued talking. "So my quirk, um, let's me be what I become and so, so I only need some fabrics... no wait hold on a second." Aden mumbled as he multi-tasked talking with finding, but he was pulling off what looked like a blue cloth, and tugging out brought out an explosion of colorful fabrics and springing threads. With a sharp eye, one might even see a glint of a sewing needle before it fell into the grass.

"Ah! Sorry, um..." Aden quickly said as he surprisingly collected most of the sewing paraphernalia and stuffed most right back, but of course they weren't folded and sorted, so Aden left his bag cluttered for now. "Anyway, I have the quirk to copy people's quirks! Well, as long as I resemble them!" Aden finally managed to say, holding out a black scarf and dark glasses. Quickly wearing what he brought out, he somewhat spun around for Felix to see. "So, um, just watch!"

Aden then began to imitate him, and how he did it. Did he take a step back? No wait, he was cool and collected. Focus Aden...

Aden's shadow began to move, willing it to do his every bidding whatever he could actually muster. It made a dark hand, a physical one, and began reaching for a piece of fabric in his bag. Aden was kind of getting the hang of it, as he actually was kinda surprised it began to work as quick as it did.

Wait a moment, didn't he begin to remove his glasses at this point? But I can't concentrate on the shadow hand thing if I did that! Aden begun to be a bit frantic, and because of this, the shadow hand holding the cloth dissipated, dropping its item. "Gah, I should have been paying more attention to Joe..." Aden disappointingly said, picking up whatever else was removed from his bag a second time. "So, how about yourself, uh, Felix?"

Last edited:
More people, he thought with a drip of dread, hoping the incoming class had at least taken better care of themselves since breakfast that morning. He looked back to Aden the moment the boy started talking, perfectly happy to just watch and listen as he tried to contain just how excited he seemed. He circled his arms around his bag and leaned forward slightly as the other student began to dig through all of his sewing items - he kept his hands to himself as he watched it all spill out, noting only all the little thing come out and wondering what they could all be for. Part of him wanted to help, but above all else he still wanted to keep his distance.

Felix eventually tilted his head with interest as Aden sat back and put his game face on. He didn't show it, but the fact that he could mimic just about anyone was... amazing. He also had a moment of panic when Aden didn't say who he was copying, but that was dispelled as soon as he watched the shadow move behind him. His gaze followed the hand as it realized itself and reached for the boy's bag, but he couldn't help but keep looking at the concentration on the other's face, watching how much effort and care he put into it all. It was better control than he could ever hope to show, given how limited his practice could really be.

When Aden finally looked back up at him, Felix stared right back, a bit awed but with a growing concern. The excitement and enthusiasm had rubbed off on him, just not enough to make him dive right in, but there had to be something simple to satiate the other's curiosity. After a moment, his eyes flashed down to the ground where the needle had dropped. Upon seeing it glisten in the sunlight he said quietly, "Pick up the needle, don't put it away." Something small won't be too much... right?

Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

Aden wasn't quite certain what Felix needed a needle for, but he of course wanted to get them one for him anyway if it means they will allow them to show their work. And since said thing was already on the ground in front of him anyway. Aden picked up the tiny needle easily, bringing it up to Felix.

"Alright, here ya go." Aden said, passing the needle to Felix. For some reason, Aden didn't wonder what Felix might do, simply content to watch quietly, and subconsciously fixing his bag as he does so.

Felix waited quietly and shook his head gently when the needle was offered to him. With the motion, doubt quickly set in - there was no way anyone would do what he was about to ask. Any interest Aden had shown was likely to fade too, not that it would surprise him... For a moment he wondered if he should grab the needle and do it himself without asking, but he quickly pushed that idea back where it came from. It was a new school with a new start, he had no reason to push that harshly against people who didn't know him. That wasn't who he wanted to be... He finally spoke after the silence had hung for a moment too long.

"I... need you to poke yourself with it."

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgToru gritted her teeth as Placebo kept talking, but Teru's smirk only seemed to grow.

That was their only objective for this class? For the entire year they'd be aiming to outperform their previous success. And for Teru, that goal was nothing more than a natural progression of their progress here. The Limb Enhancers were just a warm up for the Exoskeleton anyway, and the new parts around here would be more than enough to reopen work on that. The course of action they were bound to take was clear to see, and Teru was already raring to go.

Toru narrowed her eyes at Placebo's words, "B-but were already friends... are... are we not supporting each other already?"

"Pfft, that kinda support won't be enough for champion tinkerers such as ourselves." Teru waved it off before raising a finger "No more passing comments or casual overviews, if this is the only project we have to aim for here, then we should be sharing notes constantly."

"Eh?" Toru squinted at her "B-But we're working on the... the exoskeleton right?"

"Well of course, if they were so impressed with mere limb enhancers then this Exoskeleton will be a cash cow that we will ride straight through the world's front door!" Teru gave a laugh to herself before adjusting her hair "The Support Companies will be stampeding over each other for a piece of us, maybe we'll have a few documentaries made after we reach the apex of our popularity, you'll probably have like ten books published on the nature of simulated muscle motion."

Toru grumbled a little, "Sharing notes this late int-to development... why?"

"Because having a think tank is essential for work-shopping things like this, we're proof of that!" Teru exclaimed before grinning at Nikkolaüs, "That suit of yours should have wiring similar to how we'll need the Exoskeleton to turn out if we want proper integration, in exchange I'm sure between the two of us we can help you present something just as grand."

Blinking at that, Toru glanced back at Placebo, "Wait... if that's our only assignment, then w-what about right now?" she asked hesitantly before scanning the room "D-do we just... get right to it?"

Aden was understandably a bit... somewhat slightly... completely bewildered. Aden almost misunderstood that inquiry, being requested something more painful, before he promptly returned to his senses. It might've showed in his face.

"Er, alright, I've pricked myself multiple times, so what more could another do." Aden said then assured Felix with a nervous laugh. Not that he was afraid of the all common pain for him, but what Felix had in store.

Wait a moment! It might've been a healing quirk Felix had! Aden almost sighed in relief from overreacting, and became more relaxed as the thought came to mind. Almost too happily, Aden pricked himself in his finger in one swift motion, since that's the only way he can willingly hurt himself with it.

"Thirty-six weeks isn't all that much time. So I do recommend it." Trion leaned back in his chair, in an attempt to look cool? It failed, he leaned too far and crashed right into the tile floor.

"Fucking idiot." Nikkolaüs sighed.

"Hey, I seem to resemble that remark," Placebo's hand popped up from the floor, just over the chair. "So, you guys do you. Just pretend like I'm not here." And with that, he vanished.

"Keep an eye on him for me, will ya Victor?" Nikkolaüs wasn't the biggest fan of his weird voyeurism shtick.

"He's left the room, sir."

Good, now he can actually focus. Well, not really. He was a bit distracted about what Trion said to him and Toru. Though from their reaction, it seems they got a different message than what he intended. It seems they interpreted it as a thing about sharing research, as opposed so some kind of emotional pillar Trion was obviously alluding to. Both good and bad. Good because Nikkolaüs saw the fucking smug-bitch look he had, and they didn't quite seem to see what he was getting at. Bad because it seemed to make Toru upset. Not great.

"Hey, Toru. I'm sorry," Nikkolaüs apologized, rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands. When did I get so tired? "I imagine what Trion said made you uncomfortable, and I just want you to understand that I believe in you. You're probably the smartest person I know. You don't have to worry about that whole supporting thing," Nikkolaüs suddenly felt his eyes pick up a lot of weight. What the fuck is going on? "If I can't get this done without your help, am I really worth your time?" Nikkolaüs held back a yawn.

"Tesla! You're at ninety-five picograms per milliletre and climbing, you need to sleep!" So much for keeping quiet. Thanks for outing me, pal.

He'd feel nothing.

Felix had expected the bewilderment. The laughter, not so much. He was about to say something to stop him, having second thoughts as Aden seemed to shrug off the idea entirely, only to inhale sharply as his hand flinched uncontrollably. He hadn't been as ready for that as he hoped. It was sharp compared to how the rest of the pain he'd stored that had dulled over time, and he couldn't stop himself from lifting his finger to his lips though there would be no blood to be found.

The pain made his stomach drop, as now he knew all that was left to see was Aden's reaction. If his fears were correct, it would be the final push between the two of them, not that he had ever worked to prevent it.

Aden expected it, the all too familiar tiny sewing tool to pierce his finger. It drew the tiniest of the red liquid, Aden could feel so, yet... no pain?

Just as Aden became confused, Felix's hand shook. The first think Aden saw from the edge of his eye. Felix was suddenly in pain. Aden immediately made to drop his glasses and scarf, throwing it in the heap of a bag he had and coming to Felix's aid.

"Are you alright?!" was what Aiden could muster. He wasn't sure what to think of the situation, whether to ask, comfort, or think thoroughly about what happened. In fact, he was attempting to do all of it as he stood near him. Was he sickly like this? He wanted to call for Block Buster to seek some sort of aid, but a part of him wanted to first know if Felix could reply. Some students seemed far off at the moment to notice, actually using the given equipment they were provided.

The needle has all been forgotten and dropped on the ground, reflecting a bit of red at the tip this time.

Well, at least that wasn't the worst reaction he could imagine, the only downside was that now he had to explain it, which... in hindsight was probably what he should have done. Regardless, Felix looked relatively fine as he tried to shake off what his finger was suddenly feeling. What bothered him more was the sudden smothering Aden gave him as the nature of what just happened flew right over his head. It was strange, unexpected, uncomfortable because he wasn't prepared for it, but a good change of pace.

Felix wasn't sure how to answer in the heat of the moment, causing him to stare at Aden in confusion and soft surprise. His first instinct was to sit back again, avoiding how close the other student had suddenly become. Only after he felt like he had space to breathe did he realize that it might help if he showed what happened - if it could be see that he was fine on the surface. He quickly held out the hand that had drifted away from his lips and extended the finger that had been the source of his attention.

"I'm fine. It was... it was just... you," he said slowly, trying to figure out how to best explain it beyond holding out the same finger Aden had pricked with his own hand.

Aden looked at where he thought Felix was showing him where the pain was coming from, but it appeared fine. Felix mentioned him. Aden again wondered what he did. He pricked his own finger-- Aden then saw his own finger, now trickling from abandonment. Aden almost forgot all about it. He rubbed it off with his own fingers, and instinctively sniffed it. It is blood. But he didn't feel any pain. Then it dawned on him.

"Goodness, um, Felix, so, er, is that what you can do? It's, ey, uh..." Aden said, trying to be calm, but he was truly unsettled. First off, from the kind of quirk it was. It wasn't a flashy quirk as he kinda expected, it was a more interesting quirk, but feebly, Aden couldn't help but admit it was that sort of quirk-- no, he won't even think about it. Second off, and way less so, was because Felix had him do this predicament without Aden knowing, but he said he was fine and he did tell Aden to do it anyway, so Felix was probably braced to do so. "... I kinda assumed it was some sort of, y'know... but of course that wouldn't be it he's in a wheelchair." Aden trailed off.

"... it's a pretty interesting quirk." Aden awkwardly added. He really did not want Felix to think he became nervous of him. Truly he wasn't, people are more than their quirks, he began to reason. He felt he shouldn't even be like that. It was a genuinely, unique quirk after all. Felix was only just showing off their quirk. "A pain transfer sort of quirk, I believe?" Aden said to discuss with him (knowing slightly how well of a conversation it might turn out be), hoping they'd just talk about that instead. He was good with quirks! He studies them to copy them after all. Still, a trace of the nervousness hasn't left.

Last edited:
Gwendolyn Cox
Tags:
MegMath13 MegMath13 Frostbuny Frostbuny (Open)
v8YQO8A.png

Her head perks up at the name at another hero, she had no idea who it was but the name sounded a bit more her speed and spoke to her more chaotic side, I mean it was sometimes fun to just let it go and break things now and then plus they tended to be some of the flashier and more interesting to look at. Though the question of who to group up with did come to mind as she scanned the classroom once more trying to gauge who to jump in with, she barely knew these people so she was going to quite literally judging these books by their covers.....or there was an alternative, a foolproof plan that never failed to make the right choice.

Raising a finger to the air she begins to recite while tapping and pointing towards each in the room "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe....Catch a tiger by the toe.....If he hollers, let him go,....Eeny, meeny, miny.....Moe." stopping as she gestures towards the wavy-haired brunette. Without much more ceremony she strolls over to the side and hops squatting atop the desk in front of Amaryllis, rocking the surface of the furnishing as she does so and nods to her "Well I'm grouping with you, and by extension that means you too" tilting their head towards the blue-haired pigtailed girl. The way she spoke wasn't so much of asking but more simply stating a fact that had already been decided.

"So hows this all work? Im guessing you did this at the school last year right? or were you both new arrivals as well?" shifting to sitting cross-legged and looking down at them.

Ashley looked at joe, "yes, I know joe, I always give 100% in whatever I do, but most of all, I always want to make those around me happy" Ashley confessed. "so, I hope your happy today, Joe" ashley said before writing down the date of her notebook. When Ashley saw the teacher that entered the room, she couldn't help stare in awe. Light hero solstice was a very well known teacher around here. Ashley was already well aware of what her quirk was.

"holy shit joe, were getting teached by light hero solstice, aren't you excited??"Ashley asked, her eyes as wide as saucers. then she also realized that they were in the middle of class, and she should probably quiet down, since it was role call. She would wait for her name to be called, and hope no one heard her being a fan girl for the teacher.
Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy

Amaryllis

Madeline was expressing nervous habits as she asked Amie to partner with her. She never expected the blue haired girl to ask her to partner up, and the act of kindness helped her handle her tears a little better. "Yeah, lets do it," Amie agreed, her words a little shaky. Her hairs stood on end when Gwendolyn jumped down from the tree near them. She was so badass, it made Amie exceptionally nervous to talk to her. She carried an air of confidence with her that made Amie want to "yes ma'am!" every time she spoke. "Y-Yeah, you can group with us. I've done a few exercises like this for other teachers, but never as a joint class," Amaryllis explained. She looked around at the other students interacting. Some were showing off their quirks with enthusiasm, and some were a bit more shy to to do anything.

She saw Aden take out some materials before replicating Joe's quirk pretty well. Amie's mouth hung open - she had no idea his quirk was that impressive. He was always so oblivious to things and slow on the uptake; she was almost sure that he didn't know that he had a quirk that amazing. She would have to compliment him the next time she got the chance to talk to him. She turned back to the girls she was paired up with and smiled with all the strength she had left. She still couldn't meet their eyes, but that was something she could work on over time. "Uh-Uhm, who wants to go first? I'd rather not..." her words fell quiet. She would rather wait for both of them to get through their's before crying in front of the entire class. Amie had a small hope the class would end before it got to her.

PlusUltra PlusUltra MegMath13 MegMath13

Felix watched him with a growing sense of worry. The longer Aden stumbled, the more he wondered how long it would take for the unease to be too much to handle. There was never an easy way to explain his quirk, not in his experience - it freaked out a lot of kids, made some teachers question his usefulness, and for the most cruel, made them want to test it out for themselves. His mother always assured him that those people were shortsighted, but all the kindness in her heart wasn't enough to drown out a lifetime of other voices. As anxiety inducing as the interaction was, he was at least grateful Aden was teetering on the first category. It lead to confusion on Felix's part - he'd never gotten this far before beyond mandatory discussions with professionals - but he recognized the chance being laid out for him.

He nodded quickly, trying to cover up the silence between them as he struggled to find the words needed. It didn't help that it suddenly felt like there were tears pricking at his eyes. It was nothing too severe, if he wasn't brutally aware of everything around him, he may have even shrugged it off for allergies. He knew better, but the curiosity of who was so emotionally overwhelmed would have to wait. With a harsh blink of his eyes he managed to stutter out, "Y-yeah. More or less..."

When his eyes went back up to Aden's face, he realized that the nervousness hadn't fully left. He could feel the hints of panic, and with his own frantic thoughts he ended up gesturing vaguely to Aden's hand and asking, "Is your finger okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back