• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hana was every bit just as nervous as anyone. Waking up, she already had a horrible day, waking up on the wrong side of the bad and comedically faling off of her bed. Due to almost being late she didn't even get a chance to eat as she was so nervous she didn't even sleep at the proper hour. So, it was already an anxious first day. Secondly , the opening ceremony was bad enough, with all the crowds there and all the commotion. She couldn't do nothing but hold her hood upwards, hiding her face from view, and slowly waited for it to end. After the commotion came to an end, she silently headed to class with hopefully others who were similar enough to her.

As she eventually went to class, the teacher basically said one of the most dreadful things about her. "S-Sho...Show my quirk ?!". She was visibly trembling right now. She didn't know what to do, what to say, heck she didn't even know what to think right now. I mean, some part of her thought it would be best if she did to see what they liked or not, but her quirk required more directly fighting than anything, and she didn't want to have to do that. And even just standing there would be more than enough to put her on edge. So, the young girl stood there, as if a deer caught in headlights, contemplating on what action would need to be taken to get through this in a relatively unphased manner.

Luckily, she saw a few others around. She didn't want to bother them, but honestly it was the only way as this was a group activity. However, she calmed down, and took a deep breath, closing her eyes to focus. "I... can't fall behind. Must... Empty... Thoughts. Only... Think about... Protecting others". Suddenly, her hair grew a noticeable amount of length , as an intense pressure of air would rocket around the entire room. Not enough to knock someone down, but it would be intense regardless for anyone who wasn't busy to notice. When she opened her eyes, silver shining eyes was all that was visible, as the air pressure specifically around her was denser and was clearly visible in the form of an purple and gray aura. "My Limits... Have been broken. Now ... Whom should I interact with in this activity ?" . She said, glancing over as the pressure was only now in the aura rather than everywhere in the room.

"As such, the plasma takes on a red colou--" Victor paused in his explanation to Toru, seeming to have heard the disturbance from Placebo. "Less than desirable. Current statistics recorded over the last two years indicate that Trion Fortune calling after a student that is not among those in this room usually precedes some unfortunate incident 87% of all recorded instances. Perhaps we should investigate. To mitigate any potential damage, physical or emotional." The lenses of Nikkolaüs' glasses displayed a Melatonin level of 56 pg/ml, so whether it was a good idea to wake him up was still in the air, but undoubtedly the best course of action.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Amaryllis

She felt a stab of sadness when Felix ignored her. Amie had been experiencing so much kindness lately that she forgot most people didn't hold her in as much of a positive light. She wouldn't be surprised if Felix had heard about how much of a cry baby she was. "I'm doing fine..." her words trailed as she tried to respond to Aden. She felt the static in her bones begin to mute and the fuzziness behind her eyes clear away. For once in her life there was a clarity; the tears were gone and the anxiety was melted into nothing. "What is going on-" her words were cut short as a teacher yelled her name. She jumped at the sound and looked over at who called for her. It was Placebo. She thought he was a teacher only for the support class?

She noticed that Red Web was beside him. With closer inspection, so was Block Buster. This was alarming, and yet her senses were not screaming and clashing in their normal way. Her legs did not shake as she walked over. Her hands swayed at her sides, and her head was held high. Where was the anxiety? There were no tears threatening to spill all her emotions to the public eye. Maybe I'm becoming more confident? Whatever the sensation she was experiencing was, she had never felt it before in her life. It was silence; pure, beautiful silence. She wondered idly if this was how most people felt - no screaming behind every thought, no fire burning their skin, no ice running through their veins.

She stood in front of the teachers without a single worry. In fact, she didn't feel much of anything at all. "Yes, Mr. Placebo?" she asked, wondering why she was being called upon. Red Web had a fire behind his eyes, his posture stiff as he gazed at his coworker. Amie could only assume that she was in trouble, but the nausea that usually followed these thoughts was no where to be found. She was numb.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001

"Please, you're no heroine, and we aren't out in the field. You are to refer to me as Mister Fortune," His eyes scanned her with a cold, unfeeling expression. Then, he saw something rather interesting. "Your neurons, they don't seem to be firing correctly. Are you injured?" He said with a concerned tone, then he waved a dismissive hand over his face. A lapse in judgement, I can aid her in addressing her health later, but I hope there aren't any substantial issues with her brain. "Ah, regardless. I've called you forward to showcase your quirk to the entirety of this body. It shall serve as a test of your strength and resolve, while in turn acting as a demonstration of how the newest generation of students here at B.U. can hope to grow as a person, and perhaps in time, a hero.

Frostbuny Frostbuny

Amaryllis

"Yes, sir," she responded. His words were callous - vicious and final - but Amie did not physically respond. This is the same situation she has found herself in before; she had cried to the principal and he had used much kinder words. She wanted to worry, she wanted to feel something other than this complete silence. Just cry! She thought of all the things in her life that had gone wrong. She thought about the tiles around the school her tears had burned, she thought about how Felix turned away from her without a care, she thought about the bullying she survived in middle school. She urged the tears to come forth, she even rubbed at her eyes aggressively until the skin bruised to force something to come out. It was dry, drier than they had ever been. There was no anger in regard to this either, nothing left within her to feel any way about it.

"I-I don't know why this isn't working, sir," she mumbled the words. Cry, damnit! One of the greatest pro heroes is asking you to use your quirk! Just cry! Nothing came out, not even a drop. "I have never struggled this much to cry before." She wanted the frustration, but even that felt muted. She felt it a little, the emotions rumbling beneath the skin. Little hums to show she was still feeling but she wasn't experiencing. "I'm sorry," she said louder. "I'm sorry, there's nothing coming out. I'm sorry-"

"Just leave the child alone, Trion. Why must you make an example of a student obviously having a hard time controlling their quirk," she heard Red Web say. His voice was just as sharp as Placebo's. He was louder, however, held more strength and authority. She looked up to his eyebrows furrowed together, his lips turned completely into a frown. He looked between Amie and Placebo with distaste and exhaustion.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001 EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

Felix hardly noticed that Amie had been called away - he was desperately trying to hold himself together, and it was quickly becoming clear that that was not going to be an option. He shut his eyes tightly, hoping to contain the burning tears that were threatening to spill over. Once the emotion spiked however, there was nothing he could do. Tears streamed down his cheeks and he had no way of stopping them beyond attempting to wipe them away. With a concerning speed, the sadness began to burn- it became frustration, and he had to bite back the urge to make a sound. His eyes began to hurt though he'd hardly touched them beyond wipes; he just began to feel hopeless.

He would have to stomach through the tears, no matter how much he didn't want them to be seen. They burned, and it all constricted his chest painfully, but being so suddenly overwhelmed meant that other older feelings were reemerging. He couldn't hurt anyone around him, not without consequences, not without hurting... Keep it together, he thought to himself in a panic, keep it together, keep it together, keep it together...

Teru/Toru Kaizannicnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-52159.jpg
Toru blinked in confusion once the stream of information provided by Victor was cut off. She looked back just as Teru waved off his concerns.

"Hold off on that, Vikki, it looks like its getting to the good part!" she said as she leaned harder against the window frame

"Huh?" Toru lowered her pen, looking between the two in confusion "W-What's happening?"

Teru patted her on the shoulder before pointing out the window. Craning her neck to see, Toru spotted Placebo chewing into some girl, demanding that she show him her quirk. It looked as though she was rubbing her eyes, apologizing for not being able to acquiesce to his demands. But while Teru was focused solely on that interaction, Toru's tilted angle meant she could spot another oddity occurring outside. Another student in a wheelchair seemed to be tensing up for some reason as the confrontation went down. Were those.... tears?

Distracted as she was by the odd occurrences, her efforts to wake Nikkolaüs were haphazard to say the least. Without turning her gaze away from the window, she slowly raised a hand towards him and called out, "Uh... Something's... something's going on outside!"

"Right, sir. Perhaps it's time to wake up!"

Nikkolaüs jolted suddenly, with a quick 'ah fuck'!

"Ow, Victor! I told you the defibrillation relay is not to be used as a tool to wake me up! This better be an emergency." Nikkolaüs examined his melatonin levels before re-affixing his glasses: 49 pg/ml. Not fantastic, but it'll have to do. He looked to the twins and took to Teru's side at the window. "What's going on?"

Solstice interrupted the showcasing of her group's quirks and proceeded to join the other teachers, her warm expression faded as she indicated the group to form with freshmen and sophomores. "What the hell is that man doing calling a person like that, what is he trying to do, Placebo I've always admired your intellect but what the hell are you planning," Solstice said this to herself as she stood besides Red Web sharing a preoccupied look with him "What the hell is he doing? Something is wrong, her quirk isn't that difficult to showcase, Red Web, do you see anything?". She began to accelerate the absorption of light in case something occurred, she could feel something was off. "Block Buster, should we be ready for something?"

Joe was preparing to be called when Solstice ordered them to stop and group with the other classes, he wasn't sure what was happening but by Solstice's reaction, it couldn't be something good. As he approached the centre of the field he could see how Amaryllis was standing just in front of Placebo with a flustered look, he didn't know much about Amie, but the image he had of Placebo was really bad, as much of a great hero that he was he lacked warmth, especially for a teacher, and even though James wasn't Mr. sunshine he knew when to stop. Joe decided to stand behind the crowd near the shade of the tree, it was pretty obvious he was standing there but he was far away from the light and had a vantage point in order to see what was about to happen "Man, her quirk is crying toxic tears, so what is going on? she seemed like a pretty emotional person, and someone like Placebo would make anyone burst into tears, something is wrong, and I presume that if things continue this way it won't get better, come on Amaryllis please show your quirk and end this, I know we just met, but this is just enough for anyone to worry" Joe said in a serious tone while he lept a plain expression awaiting the development of the events. "Now, where are those kids I met today? I know that they are closer to Amaryllis than I" Joe began scouting the group when he identified Aden, besides a person who was apparently crying.

Last edited:

Name: Aden Sycamore
Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Frostbuny Frostbuny

Aden was a bit concerned when Amy was called, nodding towards her to let her know she should go. There were three teachers now, one that called for Amy, one was Block Buster, and one was someone Aden actually recognized outside of school, Red Web, but the suspense from the way Amy was called had overrode his wonder of a pro hero. Aden wished it wasn't as serious as commanding the voice was. Something was wrong though when Amy made her way to the teachers.

Aden always took for granted how worried and upset Amy looked. While he knows not to upset her further, he just knows as a neighbor he often sees, she just rolls like that. But the serenity was something so different that caught him off guard. She tried rubbing her eyes while he was thinking these things, making Aden wonder, and then immediately realize what they were trying to do. The way she stood facing the students, she was showing her quirk. But no tears came.

"Something's really strange. Amy sometimes can cry, because her quirk... but she doesn't even look upset..." Aden said while staring in confusion, explaining to Felix of sorts thinking the boy was bewildered. When he turned to face Felix though, he was quietly weeping beside him, rubbing the tears off as he could. "Woah, uh, dude are you alright?!" Aden exclaimed, becoming more agitated than he was before of learning Felix's quirk. He wanted to console him but for now kept his distance. If he can't confide to Aden, he might have to ask a teacher to have him excused.

Last edited:
Felix wiped both eyes with his sleeve before glancing at Aden with a frantic confusion - even without words, it was very clear that he had no idea what was going on. He tried to speak, but his lips moved wordlessly, lost to the panic of trying to hold back so much with such a young mind. As he continued to try and speak, a choked sob escaped him, causing him to slap both of his hands over his mouth. It was coming from someone, and that someone was either being psychologically tortured or was forcing themselves to feel more than they ever should have wanted. It was overbearing to a point that went beyond concerning him; he was terrified.

He heard next to nothing around him, too focused inwardly to pay any attention, but the word cry had made him snap up. What else had Aden said? he thought to himself, knowing there was more that had slipped his notice. As his mind jumped from one place to another, he only recognized that Aden's first statement hadn't been directed at him, but at someone else. It made no sense - no one else could be crying, not if he was feeling like this. What's happening to me?

It was a rhetorical question, he knew exactly what was happening, just not why. Thinking fast wasn't working, and as the emotions began to press to a point that hurt, the only thing he could do was search for answers. Felix started to cast quick glances in whatever direction he could, partially hoping that no one else noticed him, but more so that it would be easy to find the culprit. He could feel things from far away, but something this strong had to be close.

With his hands locked over his mouth, he turned stiffly, noting that no one besides Aden was really looking at him. That was a relief, but then... where were they looking? Their heads were all turned in the same direction, looking at the same thing. He quickly followed their gazes to see what had caught their attention, and only then did his eyes focus on Amie and the teachers- the girl Aden had called over. He thought his anxiety had only peaked when she walked over, but he knew something was off- though that was clear now. She had rubbed at her eyes fiercely, the sting of looking at her had proved that. What was she trying to do?

Amy sometimes can cry, because her quirk... but she doesn't even look upset...

As he slowly put the pieces together, he began to shake. The phrase wasn't clear in his mind, if anything it was faint- distant- but that was the answer. It was her, had been her- what was she doing? Can cry didn't mean anything unless... unless that was her quirk. If so, why was she trying so hard? What was going on that she needed- the teachers. She'd been called over for a demonstration - the frustration must've been because he'd taken everything away. Was it? Or was it the teachers because she couldn't deliver? Either way, he couldn't continue like this for much longer, not without expending something, otherwise it'd be thrown out indiscriminately.

He had to act whether he liked it or not.

Felix's goal was only to give her what he couldn't handle, the top layer that had ideally been her's to begin with, but too much had been bubbling up. Testing his quirk on people was unethical, meaning he didn't have the training or experience to possible pull off his quirk flawlessly. He'd hoped to only give a little, to keep himself from hurting everyone else around them, but that wasn't what he felt. There was no gentle release, what he felt was all of the resurfaced emotional pain vanishing at once. All of it. He sighed shakily as the weight vanished from his shoulders. His worry immediately went to the people around him, but they all seemed fine...

That meant that overwhelming transfer went to only one person.

Amaryllis

She heard their words, Joe's and Placebo's. She heard them ring through her ears with full clarity. Which should she do? There was no hope in trying anymore. She's already embarrassed herself in front of all the Pro Heroes. She showed her peers that there's no hero material in her. She's useless, powerless, can't even force herself to cry. What use would she be when they graduate? It was time for her to give up. She even considered talking to the principal about being removed from the hero course. It was a thick sludge of emotions running over her skin, filling her throat and coating her bones. Hopelessness. There was nothing. Amie was nothing.

But then there was everything.

"Ahhh!"

A scream tore from her throat as countless emotions ripped through her body. All of the sadness, the anger, the frustration. Her skin burned like a million needles stabbing every inch. She couldn't breathe. Her throat clenched so tight - she wanted to vomit her guts out. Ice filled her veins with such intensity she was sure she was bleeding out. Amaryllis felt like she was dying. Nothing in the world could have prepared her for the excruciating pain her emotions could have caused her. She was drowning - drowning in her own sick sorrow.

She was so overwhelmed that she barely had the conscientiousness to recognize the streams flowing from her eyes. She was used to the tears that trickled down her chin, or the heavier sobs that soaked her cheeks. But this was beyond that, something inhumanly possible. The water gushed and roared with such an intensity, her entire eye was shooting her poisonous tears all around her. She fell to her knees and gripped the grass and dirt as if it was the only thing grounding her. It was muddy and soaked, the water streams from her eyes causing a flood in front of her. The grass hissed as it burned, rancid smoke filling the air. It burned. Everything burned. She could hear the bubbling of her poison in the puddle, the gurgles of the dying life. It wreaked of decay, of the rotting of Amie's disgusting emotions. Her knees were burning from the tears pooling around them, eating away at her pants with ease. It hurt, it hurt, it hurt!

Useless Amaryllis.

Crybaby.

Weak.

Good for nothing, poisonous evil child. Just like your mother.

She reached up to cover her eyes, hold the tears in. It broke through her fingers easily. She could feel the burn on her palms, the same burn she's felt her entire life. She heard it all, the gargled outcries from the students and the teachers, everything was so distant, everything was beyond her. She wasn't here, she was drowning deep in the poisonous pools of her own regrets and fear. It was dark ink, it covered her body, it covered her soul. She couldn't see a thing beyond it. Darkness, fuzziness. She must really be dying, there was nothing left for her in this life. She knew it all along, she knew she would never amount to anything. She's just a crybaby. Amaryllis would willingly let this be the end of her - if only it meant the amazing people she met could thrive without her leaving a soaking, burning trail of tears in their wake.

"I think your quirks pretty cool."

Quinn's words came back to her in a gentle whisper. It was sweet, it had made her blush. She felt it in that moment; this is not how she wanted to leave. This isn't the end of her; this was only just the start of her capabilities. "Make it stop!" she screamed. "Please! Someone! Help!" Amie had no clue who was near her or even if her words were coherent, but she needed help. Someone to save her. She needed to make it through this. There was at least one person in this world that didn't think she was useless. She wanted to prove to more that she's capable. Even in agony, she needed to find hope.

Red Web

It was like throwing a match into a pool of gasoline. It happened so quickly. She was fine, completely unfazed by Trion's sharp tongue. Jet was almost proud. But then she broke. She screamed so painfully, it sounded inhumane. Rivers poured from her eyes, and he watched as she fell to her knees. It was filling the area around them fast, and the stench of the ground around them burning from the acid made him want to gag.

He had seen it clearly. The match, the flame. He saw the bright red string connecting her to another student. He had never seen it so clearly before, it glistened brighter than the rest. He watched it pulse, watched it convulse as it wrapped around Amaryllis tightly, constricting her with the strength of a snake.

"Everyone move away! Get away from the area, go inside!" He began to order the students. They were all watching and gawking at the sight of the poor girl. Her wails were fraying at his nerves, but he needed to remain calm. "Do not touch the water!" He made large motions with his arms to push the students away, and he looked at his fellow Pro Heroes for help.

It was then, that Trion saw something troubling. Those neurons, those brain cells that refused to respond, or communicate in any way. They started firing all at once, very, very, very rapidly. Without warning, Amaryllis devolved into a fit of tears and sobs. Not something he was quite itching to see, but something that would help her grow in the future. This was necessary. That is what he would say if her brain-state wasn't so erratic and unstable, so irregular. Something happened, he just didn't know what. Regardless of what it was, he was going to get some choice words later.

"Goddamn it, Trion!" Nikkolaüs shouted with a rage unparalleled.

Yes, he respected his teacher, but he also didn't appreciate how far he would push others. He would have Trion's ass on a platter for that. Amaryllis' quirk was acidic in nature, nothing he hadn't dealt with before. He couldn't fix this as he was. I need my tools. Oh right, this is the support workshop! He turned to a set of double doors at the wall, and swung them open. Before entering he stripped himself of his cardigan and his shirt. Marching inside he found a familiar set of drawers, opening it up he found a tight-fitting long-sleeve shirt inside. Now his exposed skin was covered in a material designed to withstand the corrosion of any chemical down to as low as a pH of point three. Like this he should be safe. He also grabbed a number of other materials, gloves, tape, and other acid-resistant materials he kept close. Nikkolaüs was livid to the core of his being, and he stomped out of the room with a face that no doubt reflected as such. He addressed the twins with authority.

"You two, on me. Looks like we're off to clean up Trion's mess again."

"Oh come on! Could you not treat students like pieces in a game for a sec..." Solstice's words were cut off by Amie's scream, in an instant her quirk went off and everything was madness. Solstice began helping red web in evacuating the area and bang to push students away with her quirk. "Go away, get inside!" She yelled as the pushed students away with flashes of light.

Joe was looking carefully at Amaryllis when a scream just broke the silence that reigned in the crowd, tears began pouring from her eyes at such a rate that a puddle of acid was forming below her feet. Joe could see and feel the pain, this pain wasn't just physical, it was also deeply rooted in the sea of emotions that suddenly took over her. Joe stood still for a couple of seconds trying to process everything, the only thing he knew was that he wanted to help Amaryllis as much as he could, but his abilities were useless and right now he was lost.
"McAllister! Either you help or run, but don't stand there!" Solstice screamed. In that instant, Joe took advantage of the shade produced by the tree and generated two giant shadow arms that surrounded Amaryllis while at the same time kept everyone away, while ordering students to back up and move. Angst filled him and was just worried about the end of all of this. "What happened?" he said to himself as an expression of uneasiness filled his face

Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Frostbuny Frostbuny

Aden saw that Felix heard him, and tried to even speak from the way he faced him and his mouth formed, but he really seemed to be in pain. He looked around as if trying to seek for help or something. This was the point. Aden spun around and went to look towards the teachers, wanting to ask for help.

That's when it happened.

An absolute, inhumane, gush of tears streamed from Amaryllis. Absolutely all at once. The dangerous tears flew in every direction reaching for any surface it could, and it was not stopping. Aden completely froze, but something caught on the bottom of his vision. A tiny piece of red cloth on the ground he didn't pick up from his exploding bag disappeared in a fizz within seconds. Aden then saw his bag right next to it, and immediately went for it. He spun around for his next action, and saw Felix. Calmer than before, but that wasn't what Aden was seeing. It was a wheelchair-bound boy stuck in a disaster, who appeared just as appalled and shock as Aden about the current predicament.

Without a second thought or his consent, Aden went behind Felix as he slinged his bag behind him, wheelchair handles in hand. Their objective? Return to the building. Go inside as Red Web was shouting. But between them and safety was Amaryllis' tears. The safest option was to go far a bit, then go around her, but it might take a while, and the acid stream was increasingly growing...

"Sorry Felix, we need to go-- Gah!!!" Aden began, but suddenly, a bit of acid that was eating up a tiny piece of his pants, almost completely unnoticeable, made his way to splash on his skin, stinging greatly. This was it; the signal Aden needed. Completely no time to talk, and with that, he pushed with all his might with Felix in front, running and probably bringing Felix faster than he ever could if he didn't have the adrenaline. Despite it seem like their was a range to Amaryllis acidic tears, the occasional tear shot its way to their direction multiple times, so they still had to be absolutely wary.

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpg"Ooh, that does not look good." Teru and her mother of all understatements was pretty much overshadowed by the mayhem that followed Amie's literal eruption. She went from struggling to cry to extreme geyser in seconds flat. Her poisonous tears spreading further and further as she failed to stop the flow despite her pleas. Seeing the danger, Red Web immediately set to work clearing the other students out of the way, but Teru was too busy being nearly enraptured by the sight of Amie's immense leakage.

Toru took it worst by a mile, as her confusion rapidly transformed into stuttering panic.

"W-what? What? W-What?!?" She kept saying over and over, twitching eyes looking over Amie in confusion.

Both of them were snapped from their different stupors by Nikkolaüs declaration. Toru had flinched, nearly losing hold of her notepad in the process. Upon stabilizing her hold, she looked over the materials in his hands before his words finally managed to register her. She frowned through her confusion, "N-No!" she said before holding out a hand "We can't just-woah!"

Her words were cut off as Teru suddenly spun around to give him a thumb's up, "Alright! Time to show off, ladies!"

Toru looked as if she wanted to argue, but Teru was already making for a cabinet beside the door. Gritting her teeth, Toru thought back to the items Nikkolaüs had collected and wildly flipped through her notepad to a blank page.

Opening the cabinet, Teru pulled out a slim satchel that she looped over one arm before following Nikkolaüs out of the room. Matching his focused pace with her own strides, Teru caught up and gave a whistle as they made their way through the building. The entire time, Toru's frantic scribbling grew faster as they drew closer and closer to their destination. Eventually, Teru stepped forward and threw open some double doors which led outside. Almost immediately the sound of rushing water was overpowering.

"She can't stop the flow, it seems." Teru noted as she watched the students from a distance as they maneuvered around the streams "If we can get some kind of stoppers on the eyes then we should be able to-"

Before she could finish, suddenly Toru reached back around and lowered her notepad in front of her sister's face. On it was the hastily scrawled pictures of a type of headgear hooked up to several flexible pouches. Teru wondered what exactly what she was looking at for a moment before looking at the materials hurriedly listed along the edge of the page. Her eyes just so happened to dart to a bunch of the stuff that Nikkolaüs had brought with him.

Giving a soft sigh of amusement, Teru looked to Nikkolaüs with a grin, "Guys, you know I love it when we're on the same wavelengths." she noted before holding out the notepad for him and opening the satchel "Seems my baby sis already has a plan for this, Nikki-boy. If we can rig it together quick enough, you think you can get this on her?"

In a matter of seconds, the pain that was overwhelming emotional became overwhelmingly physical. The stinging on his face was nearly instant, matching Amie's downpour tear for tear. He couldn't take it all, not at this distance, but it was an immediate consequence for what he had done, for what he couldn't handle. Despite that, he had no time to wallow in his own self pity; the fear and panic of those around him mixed with his own made his heart beat painful. The crowd may not have been in any sort of pain, but every quivering inflection found its way to him. Felix's only saving grace was his greater understanding of the physical consequences - for as much as it agonized him, this could be contained, so long as no one stuck around to be melted and burned.

He hardly noticed as Aden began to move him, unable to focus as he could no longer find solace in his hands. They began to burn as painfully as his face, and before long, the sensation had spread to his knees. As air whistled by his ears, the pain felt like it was splashing on his legs - spurred on by all the students too slow or too far to avoid the acid. If he hadn't been so shocked and mortified by everything that had just happened, he would've been screaming.

"Right, good work, you lot. You construct the gear, I'll prep her face," Nikkolaüs confirmed the plan with them, and walked at a hurried pace over to Amaryllis. However, passing the teachers, he eyed Trion. "You're going to fucking regret your pathetic excuse of an existence you human fucking filth." Trion flinched at that, Nikkolaüs had been mad at him before, but it's never gone so far.

Nikkolaüs approached Amaryllis, having been shielded by Joe's shadows.

"Mister McAllister, I hope you pardon me," Nikkolaüs regarded him with a respectful tone. He's done well to take charge and contain the threat, good on him. "Right, Victor, tell me about this acid."

"It is of an unknown composition, but at its current concentration it stands at a 0.26 on the pH scale." That's unfortunate, his suit would protect him. Not for long though.

But then, Nikkolaüs in that moment really took in Amaryllis and her situation. She was in terrible shape: her tears having turn red from the blood that was mixed in. Her own acid was burning her skin clean off. Her hands were no different. Most jarringly; however, was that she looked... sad. It pulled him hard, and suddenly he couldn't concentrate. He was so worried about how much he hated Trion in that moment, how he felt he needed to fix this mess and protect the others: he didn't think that maybe the person he should be protecting, was her. She was terrified and for the most part alone. It was terrible, and Nikkolaüs was ashamed to have been blind to it. Suddenly he couldn't think of anything else to do, but--

"Hey, Amaryllis," His tone softened, as he knelt down in front of her. "Everything is okay now, my friends and I will take care of this, okay?" As he spoke, he took his gloved hand and picked her face up at the cheek, so she could look into his eyes. "I'm sorry that this all happened, but I promise that you're going to be just fine," Pulling on some of the tape, he took a piece and gently rolled it across the bottom of her eye. He then added more tape that followed the natural trail her tears traveled, so that they could flow smoothly down her face without injury. "Here, while I'm crack at this, maybe I can tell you a story." He said, pulling out a cloth. He made to clean her face the best he could.

"Now, I actually have an interesting family. My mother works at the nearby hospital, and both my father and brother are overseas in Japan for hero work. Before now though, I used to hang out with my brother all the damn time. A leech, I was," He chuckle at himself. "One day, we were out in god knows where. We were trespassing in that old adhesive factory on the edge of town when he discovered his quirk. That he could manipulate the pH of any and all materials he can think of. Unfortunately, finding out what your quirk does by permanently scarring your younger brother isn't the most uplifting of things. But, that was just a stepping stone for him. Even if you hurt others, be it strangers or the one's you care about. At the end of the day, if you have the drive to be a hero, and you want to help people in any capacity: you're already on you're way. Because, what's important to understand is that when you have these skills and abilities that make us beyond human, when you can do the things that you can do to aid the lives of others and serve the community, you have a moral obligation to do those things don't you?"

He gazed intently into her glazed eyes. He'd done what he could to clean her up, really it was a matter of waiting for Toru and Teru to finish the gear. Though, he did have one more thing for Amaryillis. He took her shoulder in his right hand, and pulled her forward. He took her into his arms, and used his left hand to hold the back of her head against his chest, rubbing it in an attempt to comfort her.

"But that's neither here, nor there." He whispered to her. "I understand your frustrations, and your sorrows. Even more so, I understand that it's not the kind of thing you can navigate on your own. I know for a damn fact that you're weak, but only because I am too: as is everyone present right now. We are weak without each other, and together we have a strength unrivaled. So, if I may, I'd like to give you my strength. You can get through this, not a doubt in my mind." He squeezed her a little bit. Allowed her too keep crying, and if the suit didn't hold up, whatever. Nothing he's unfamiliar with. Because if it meant abandoning Amaryllis right now, he would rather burn, wouldn't he?

Frostbuny Frostbuny

Amaryllis

Human contact was a strange thing. There was always a warmth to it; the heat of it wasn't like the burn of her tears or the sting from the sun. It was a gentle exchange of life between two people. Amie had never experienced this exchange in her entire life. But in this moment, she couldn't get enough of it. She listened to Nikkolaüs and his honey voice spill over her senses . It was bright golden, and it engulfed her in a safe little bubble. Slowly she felt herself floating up from the ink oceans she was lost in. She felt like she was stealing someone else's comfort; Amie was never held or handled with care. For many years, she was her own friend. Nikkolaüs barely even knew her, barely knew her story. And yet he was opening himself up and spilling his own private memories with her. His raw emotions were so pure and easily understood. Amaryllis wanted to reach inside him and hide inside the safety and comfort his entire existence exuded. Was she allowed this? Did she deserve to hear such uplifting words and quiet sentiments?

She continued to cry, the streams were endless. But a new emotion was added to the fuel. She was so miserable but in this moment she felt like she was understood. She wrapped her arms tightly around the boy, wailing into his shoulder as the tears poured between them. "Nikkolaüs," she choked out. "Thank you." Her throat was scratchy from her screams, it was painful to even get that much out. But she needed him to know how much of an impact he had. She was weak, she was crybaby Amie. But there was no way in the world she would ever consider death a viable option when she had someone like Nikkolaüs to guide her through the hardest times. "Thank you."

She knew that this will never leave her memory. Not because of the physical scars it was sure to leave on her body, but because of the first warmth she shared with another human being.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid Frostbuny Frostbuny Narcissus Malfoy Narcissus Malfoy Yakov011001 Yakov011001

Aden was looking frantically around, continuing forward. So much was happening all at once; students were crying and screaming as they dodge and even unfortunately catch bits of the tears, but Aden did not want to pay attention to that. Speaking of students, he then saw Joe, making two huge hands to cover up most of the streams, along with teachers evacuating the students. Aden saw hope-- suddenly, he heard a splash and a left foot going an inch deeper than it should be. He stomped on a puddle. Within seconds, the soles of his feet began to burn from the acidic properties. He thought as he hurt that that was not gonna stop him, but then he felt weak...

No, wait, he didn't actually. But, something was wrong as well, and a quick glance under him saw slightly off-shaped wheels. The acidic tears didn't obliterate it, but the vulnerable bits and pieces being even slightly damaged was enough to throw Aden off his rhythm. At this point, they could be stranded. Aden wasn't sure about Felix, being unresponsive and unable to see his face to read what was on their mind, but he hoped they were fine. Aden needed something so nothing can hurt them further. With almost a miraculous quick of wit, Aden managed to quickly bring out a used black scarf and shades from the top of his bag. He was glad he decided to put those on top of his things being a quirk he could access and know he could use. With experienced swiftness, Aden put on the accessories and began to decide he should manipulate anything near them. He slowed his pace so that he can think and remember how the quirk was used. Shadows...

From another tree near them, a shadow formed as if it were a wave, bringing the two forwards and upwards so that they can make their way above instead of passing through the various hazards strewn about. During this, Aden was watching Joe, how masterfully he willed his own two, large shadows to protect some students, leaving them only to a drizzle of the tears or the rivers streaming underneath. The way he gestures, Aden copied. Not perfectly, but close. They were a lot slower now, only an inch of distance a second going towards the school if he wanted to maintain the shadow platform, giving Aden more time to think things through. He looked under them, and spotted a person in a suit embracing Amy. It seemed that the situation was getting more controlled by the second, but it was still undeniably dangerous.

Aden felt like he was going to faint, but he had to deliver Felix first, and thus he stayed awake to keep their ride going. This was more than he expected. Amaryllis, even Felix, what has gotten into them?

"Wait, was there a connection?'"
Aden wearily thought.

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgAs Nikkolaüs went off to prep the path for them, Teru knelt down beside their satchel and a pile of materials and got to work.

Now normally, their projects were far more complicated than what Toru had in mind. Lots of techno jargon and assembly work needed even for the simpler creations. They did not have that luxury here, so Toru had to think in a more straightforward manner when designing this headgear. Nothing but water regulation and storage with capacity extension hooked up by tubes to a pair of tight goggles. The goggles were already something they had, for creative usage mostly, and the pouches could easily be forged out of the materials that Nikkolaüs had left them. It was the hooking everything together part that the twins had to focus on.

Knelt down as they were, the two were a flurry of arms. Passing pieces between one another and trading tools as the scrawled picture on the notepad beside them became more and more of a reality.

"Stick it here." Teru noted while passing one piece back, numerous students fleeing around them.

"T-tie it off." Toru would respond while trading her another partially assembled bit. All throughout the majority of Nikkolaüs' speech they were pulling tools and ingredients from either the satchel or the pile of materials. Soon the last tubes and straps were in place, with Toru making sure the pouches were properly affixed while Teru held her fingers up in front of her, trying to get an approximation on the size of Amie's head.

When Toru finally passed the finished headpiece to her, Teru glanced from it to Amie several times before smirking and standing tall. Even with the lake of tears growing closer, Teru strutted up to the edge of it while calling out to Nikkolaüs.

"Hey Nikki-boy~!" she sang loudly whilst rearing back with the headpiece like a Frisbee "Incoming from the southeast!"

And with that she sent the entire thing sailing towards him before stepping back from the approaching tears. Their hasty construction held firm, as the headgear maintained its form the entire trip over the lake. Teru pumped her fists in the air as Toru looked over her shoulder with angered concern.

Ah, just in time you two. Always impeccable, I say. Nikkolaüs stretched his right hand up high, as Teru may or may not have almost overshot her toss. Clutching their handiwork in his hands, he slowly brought Amaryllis out from within his arms and again look in her eyes. She seems to have calmed herself a tad, but she'll most definitely still require these. Nikkolaüs gently placed the gear over her eyes, careful not to harm her. Like a flower, she was. As if the lightest a touch would make her dissolve. They were affixed to her now, but he had to make sure. He placed his right hand on her cheek once more, and his left hand followed taking the base of her neck--the thumb pressed against her jawline. He tossed her head left and right, up and down between his hands a few times to check that he sealed it up properly. Ah, good. It's all good.

"Pristine product as always." He admired the twins work.

"Sir, there seems to be some tissue scarring."

Looking down, Nikkolaüs found that his suit had indeed failed as he presumed. His chest carrying an acidic burn about fifteen square centimeters. Though, it hurt less than he remember acid hurting.

"I'll be fine," He said, reassuring Victor (really for Amaryllis though). His right hand traced down her cheek and off her chin, as he checked to make sure her face was still taped clean. "Now, are you feeling alright? Can you stand, Amaryllis?" Admittedly, using someone's first name (other than out of necessity), was a tad weird for him. Though, at this point, he felt it would be uncomfortable if he didn't. He hugged her close once more, see if it wouldn't help anymore. "Of course, we can stay like this as long as you need. We're at your pace right now, yeah?"

Frostbuny Frostbuny

Amaryllis

Her vision was a blurred mess, so she couldn't make out what exactly Nikkolaüs was doing. She could, however, feel his gentle touches as he placed a mask over her face. She leaned into the touch, allowing him to adjust the mask on her face so it fit just right. Her tears were no longer pouring into the area around her, but were being kept neatly in the pouches of the mask. It was like a miracle to her; how they managed to get something so effective out to her so quickly must have been done with extreme understanding and knowledge. "Thank you," she managed to croak out again. Now that the immediate danger was out of the way, her body's exhaustion caught up to her. Everything hurt and ached; not only because of the burns, but because of how much the tears drained her body of its essential hydration and vitamins.

She clung to Nikkolaüs' every word, listening carefully to what he was saying since she could not see him. She felt her heart flutter at the careful pronunciation of her name. "I need-" she grabbed her head tightly, a sharp pain stabbing into it over and over again. She wanted to collapse, to feint. But she knew she needed to get somewhere safe first. She was running on only adrenaline. "Can you-" she had to pause between words or the pain in her throat would be too overwhelming, "Carry me? ...I can't- ah- I can't walk." She clung desperately to Nikkolaüs, holding him with a grip she was amazed she could manage in her current state. She never wanted to let go, but Amie was aware that it was a selfish thought. "Gonna- ugh- collapse."

Amaryllis felt stirrings in her heart and pain everywhere else. She needed time to unpack everything that happened to her, and all the new thoughts and emotions swimming around in the ink within her. She doubted that ink would ever go away, and she would need to learn to cope with that as well.

Yakov011001 Yakov011001

"Right, anything I can." He said, as he guided her onto his back for a piggyback ride.

Boy was he glad he left his suit in the Support Room, the metal casing would undoubtedly be uncomfortable for her to sit on. She was light, extremely light in fact. Though, considering he did weight training thrice a week for exactly this reason, it wasn't a surprise. He decided it'd be best to take her to the school
infirmary. It was small, but there was always a well stocked Cintas kit on the wall in there that could aid them.

"Victor, if you please, alert Doctor Marrow of our impending arrival."

"Sir, she seems to be out of the office this morning."

"Very well, I'll do it myself then. Toru, Teru, I trust that you'll be able to help clean up in my absence?" He asked rhetorically, as he embarked on his short expedition to the infirmary.

Upon arriving, he gently placed Amaryllis onto a small cot in the room. He was very strict in his careful handling of her, like a beautiful glass vase. He laid her down, softly but firmly. He had to make sure she wouldn't resist his treatment.

"It seems Marrow truly is out this morning. I suppose I could dress her wounds." He had done it plenty of times before, only on himself of course. So this would be different.

Nikkolaüs approached the Cintas cabinet and opened it. Inside, Victor highlighted the materials Nikkolaüs would be needing in his ARI. Picking them up, he made to Amaryllis. This time though, he stopped. He observed her close, she was quite beautiful. Her hair's curls like an ornate frame for a masterpiece of a face. It was soft and rounded, not at all the rough and sharp shape of his face. Unfortunately it was currently marred to hell and back. Made arguably worse by the eyesore of goggles she wore. That is of course due to the rushed and unrefined nature of the assembly, the functionality was not in question but the aesthetic most definitely was. Perhaps after all of this, he could take the time to improve the design. He could make her a new pair. Would she like that? Maybe something like that would help her feel better? That doesn't matter right now though, fool! What would help her feel better right now is getting these burns cleaned up and covered. He sat beside her on the cot, pulling up a bottle of isopropyl alcohol, he dabbed it on a small cotton ball. Oh, this was going to hurt.

"Alright, Amaryllis. I hope you can forgive me for this, lass."

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Frostbuny Frostbuny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back