• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgToru didn't look up from her notepad at first, merely raising a hand with a faint, "Hey..." of greeting before returning to her writing. Teru watched her over her shoulder for a moment before glancing back to Nikkolaüs. She didn't bother noting his comment on her discipline, as it was a talk they'd had a number of times before. They all knew how that line of dialogue went. Besides, the part catalog he pointed out to them was far more interesting.

Only when he began listing off just a number of the items did Toru look up from hr notepad. She glanced over her shoulder for a moment before flipping to a fresh page in her notepad and beginning a new set of notes. Teru merely tapped her fingers against her chin as her smile widened. Drawing towards the side of the room where a list was available on a counter beside a series of drawers, Teru reached forward and began flipping through the catalog.

"Well well, I'm certain we could have some fun with these new little trinkets." she noted before running a finger along the list "I know for a fact that this newer pneumatic tubing could help restart our little exoskeleton project."

That managed to get Toru to turn, "What?"

"Yes yes, weren't bursting air muscles the main drawback last time?" Teru cooed before tapping at the catalog "These don't seem nearly as feeble."

"What about Compensators?" writing had become notably more frantic as she struggled to write and look past Teru at the same time, "They got any of those?"

"Oh?" Teru gave a sly grin "Which type of compensator are we talking about, here?"

Toru pouted, only to brighten as Teru turned, her new position allowing Toru to flip through the catalog on her own. Occasionally she paused to scribble down some more notes before resuming her examination. Crossing her arms, Teru glanced back to Nikkolaüs, "And here I was thinking we'd have to simply make due with the offerings on hand for our entire curriculum."

"It's nice to have some new toys to play with, I remember the last batch of pneumatics couldn't do any more than twenty pounds per. Speaking of which, I have so much to show you guys! I managed to get the boots up to sixty-five miles per hour today with the new heel switch I implemented." Oh boy, he was about to get carried away again. He always does, fortunately they're among the exclusive group of people who understand what the fuck he's on about: so exclusive, they're the only ones in it. "Say, what've you guys been working on?"

As big a fan of his own voice as he is, he likes to hear them talk more (especially Toru); though, he'd be hard-pressed to say that aloud, too embarrassing. Nikkolaüs' favourite pastime--next to working on his Support Items--was listening to the impressive ideas they had, only made more exciting when he was able to work alongside them on said projects. He's come to understand a lot of the contrasting elements of their skills and how they compliment each other. While Nikkolaüs cannot be bested by them (or anyone really) when it comes to electrical work and wiring, they far exceed his abilities in understanding pressurized systems: liquid or gaseous. In fact, Teru is the one who helped him find what compressor to use in his boots. While Nikkolaüs reasoned that a scroll compressor would allow for more consistent power in thrust, Teru helped him see that it wasn't feasible in terms of raw energy output, nor fuel efficiency. So in the end he went with a piston style with a two-stroke configuration. In all, the Kaizanni twins were collectively an intellectual powerhouse that tore through nearly every problem they came across. Honestly, Nikkolaüs felt mildly inferior, like they're some kind of figure to look up to, despite being fellow peers. Was that the reason he always went out of his way to impress them?

"Your heart rate is rising sir, are you alright?"

"Shut the fuck up, Victor." Nikkolaüs whispered sharply.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

//tardy to the party means I gotta get arty, sorry ;-;

The dreaded new school.

Felix had been staring out the window from the back seat, watching as building after building passed by – all familiar, but few visited. His mom hummed softly from the driver’s seat, turning lazily at intersections and occasionally rubbing her eyes to keep sleep away. They passed people moving hazily in the morning sun, shops that were preparing to open, laughter, tiredness, all ordinary things. The only thing that caught his attention was a boarded-up store, the one that had been robbed recently. Even that wasn’t a new sight, but he never had a chance to look at it for more than five seconds. It was all normal, a world he knew how to navigate, but the fateful right turn instead of left came sooner than he would’ve liked.

That morning he’d insisted that he could walk to school, or at least wheel to it, but his mother had insisted to help after the state he’d been in recently. There were different reasons to her pampering he was sure, but he was too afraid to think about it, no less question it. Besides, something far more daunting loomed in his thoughts.

He knew he’d been destined to attend B.U.- he didn’t have a closer option. He had been dreading the uniform for years, how it would hang from his shoulders and how the white and gold would clash with his preferred unassuming appearance. Felix had tried to rationalize that everyone would be in the same colors, but he couldn’t get the anxiety out of his head. He also had new hallways to learn and navigate, new paths to figure out while asking as few people as possible.

People… the thing he was dreading the most.

At his middle school, everyone knew his shtick: don’t bother the kid who didn’t want to be bothered. He was lucky that he hadn’t been expelled for a stunt he’d pulled once, and even luckier, he was left alone after that. Lonely, yet mercifully alone. It had been simple, understood, and it kept conflict to a minimum… A new school however, meant new people. New teachers, new staff, new monitors, new students. New eyes to stare at him, people who didn’t understand him, teachers that would ask things of him- just too much. He was calm as he stared out the window, but he couldn’t deny how quickly his heart was racing.

The car slowed gently and pulled to the side of the road as the school came into view. Felix’s mom jumped out before he could so much as sigh and immediately opened the door across from him. While he gathered his bag, she pulled out his wheelchair, not that she needed to. It made heat rush to his cheeks with embarrassment, but he knew this was coming from a good place, the only kind place he could allow. He clicked open the door before she could reach the other side and began to step out. His steps were slow and a bit shaky as his mom slapped the wheelchair seat down with finality. She reached for the handles protectively, but retracted before she could touch them, restraining herself to only watch as her son prepared to set off for his new adventure… Felix sat down gingerly and pulled his bag into his lap, making sure everything was secure to prevent any future scene.

“Good luck today, sweetheart,” she said encouragingly, smile betraying the exhaustion she felt. Felix’s face was still hot, but he managed to whisk a smile in return before slapping the car door shut. He pushed his hair from his eyes then and quickly looked back at her, knowing he should say something, but completely at a loss of words. His mom nodded happily regardless, swallowing the tears she knew would pass on to her son instead, and echoed softly, “Well, have a good day,” before stepping out of the way for the ease of the wheels.

Felix nodded tensely in return, and silent as he ever was, began to make his way for the school.

The halls were far from empty when he managed to open the door and push himself inside. However, everyone seemed preoccupied with their classmates already – that was just fine to him. Regardless, his skin was already swimming with the sensation of those around him as the door snapped to a close. Why did so many people forget to eat? he thought to himself as he felt phantom pangs clawing at his stomach. There was even a pinch at his thumb that made him flinch, but quick glances wouldn’t allow him to find the culprit anywhere. He shook off the sensation as best as he could, and instantly set to being as small as possible. He could hear the principal over the crowd, even if it was muffled, so there was no reason to draw much closer.

He felt his stomach drop the moment people began to move again.

Chatter reemerged and bounced off all of the walls to an effect that was overwhelming. He was just glad to be mostly overlooked, lost in the excitement everyone else had for food. He sat and waited, watching as the crowd thinned more and more as he began to mull over where he needed to be first. Well… he knew the first class, but of course not how to get there. It wasn’t something he’d forgotten about, but remembering it now made his stomach drop. He wanted to find his classroom before anyone else, that way he could secure a seat in the back and hopefully never be seen again. It was the only secure plan he had, and now he had to play guesswork at it. Even so, it was the only option he saw. He wasn’t going to dare to speak to any of the other students – the longer he was anonymous, the better – so it was time to make do with what few signs were around.

He had to hope that would be enough.

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgDelighted by the idea of sharing, Teru clasped her hands together before glancing back. Of course, Toru was still thoroughly absorbed in her examination of the catalog. She muttered under her breath while craning her neck and scribbling more notes. Rolling her eyes, Teru leaned against the counter to give her twin an easier time. Once comfy, she gestured to herself.

"Well I suppose I could bring up the body armor testing we've been trying to do." she noted before looking away "Ever since we shelved the exoskeleton we had plenty of notes left over on weight distribution, compact plate placement and all kinds of jazz like that. One thing led to another and my darling sister gets caught up in trying to break new ground in body armor assembly."

She paused before nodding towards Nikkolaüs "Resistant to everything from extreme temperatures, explosions to high caliber weapons without even a smidgen of hampered mobility." she gave a shrug "Now I'll admit, it was fairly adorable seeing her get all excited over it, but-"

"...It would've worked." Toru grumbled without looking up from her notes, finally pulling back from the catalog "My m-math was fine, the plates were... were in the right position and the internal lining was supported. It just n-needed more time."

"There's a limit to how much defense we can provide without sacrificing mobility, hon." Teru cooed as she reached back to rub her sister's head "Every armorer knows this, maybe if someone with a quirk that can supply a better alternative appears we can reopen that little incursion. But until then..."

A new voice caused Teru to trail off, her eyes locking on Nikkolaüs as she smirked and pushed away from the counter. She recognized that voice, but it had been so long that she'd almost forgotten about it. But with just a few words the memories came flying right back in a heartbeat.

"Victor? I almost forgot about Lil' Vikki!" Teru laughed as she approached and leaned forward "How's he been? Ya keeping him working hard? Clean him up nice and tidy-like?"

"...its not a pet." Toru noted as she finished filling a page with notes and partially sketched schematics, actually bothering to look back over her shoulder for a moment while her hands flipped to an earlier page.

Name: Aden Sycamore
Mentions: EdgyCryptid EdgyCryptid

Aden watched as everyone was sorting themselves out. It seems he was mistaken once again; the sophomores will be with them for a lot longer he deduces, and not just in the Hero Classes. Unless the first class was Hero Class. Speaking of hero class, the young freshman wondered what their hero teacher would be like. He hoped they would be fine if Aden mimicked--

As he was twirling a finger on a loose thread, Aden saw a boy in a wheelchair making their way alone in the hall. With the way they're by themselves (hint hint, Aden isn't the best judge of character), that they seem kinda independent. Still, Aden kinda felt they could, er hem, use a friend. Perhaps the acceptingly friendly behavior exhibited by almost a dozen entirely different upperclassmen rubbed off on him. Perhaps that's just the way things worked here in this school. Or the stars aligned, and he was literally the only thing in the way of that.

Aden surprised himself. As he thought of all the friendship making, he was pacing between the doorway of the classroom and the hall at the time, but staring of into star-aligning space returned him to reality where he was just a good bit near the dude. Another surprise; he took one step forward, his foot saying now or never. He might as well, but that didn't stop him from getting flustered to choose the right words. Now holding both hands onto the straps of his bag, Aden began.

"Ah, are you perhaps a fellow, uh, freshman? There's still a good deal of seats here in the class." Aden started as he absentmindedly points with his thumb behind him.

Okay, now what? Should he assist them with their wheel chair? Er, they're probably fine since they've made it at this point right? Wait, if they made their way at this point, why would Aden act like they needed help or something-- These were the various thoughts that ran in Aden's head, but his face was a poker-faced grin of sorts in greeting, hiding a cataclysm of probably terrible decisions to come.

An interesting atmosphere

Much to his dismay, Felix had to follow some of the drifting crowds. He listened carefully for any clues in the conversations around him, which was hardly helpful, but it was at least easier to identify the students that happened to look a little more lost than all the others. He rolled after the first few that began to drift towards a class and managed to dissuade any attention by not looking at anyone and looking distracted if he even thought someone was going to reach out to him. For all intents and purposes, he was successful, and eventually – after turning around because the group had gone to the wrong class and with two more wrong guesses – he managed to find the classroom he needed. He sighed softly with relief as he slipped in, hoping to continue to avoid much notice.

Just keep your head down and get through today. Just be another student floating by, nothing special, nothing… oh no, he thought to himself just as his eyes landed on someone coming right for him. It caused him to tense immediately (next best thing to jumping out of his chair), but he fought to keep his face stony, struggling to relax his shoulders before the stranger came too close. Everything had been going well so far- this wasn’t supposed to happen so soon. Just keep a level head, you’re not here to make friends…

Felix watched as the stranger stopped in front of him and listened quietly to the friendly words. Despite them, he already knew where he was going to sit: back of the class at the end of the row, ready to go at a moment’s notice. Now, if that wasn’t available to him, he had no idea what he would do, but that gave all the more reason to finish this discussion quickly. His eyes had followed the jab backwards, but quickly fell back to the student in front him as silence followed suit. The only thing worse than awkward conversation is awkward silence, and he had no intention of making things worse for himself.

“Uh… yeah,” he said softly and a bit oddly, silently praying that would be all there was to this conversation.

Why was it when Aden was calling his own shots, they miss? Not that he was blaming, eh hem, a possible new friend! Aden, like the funny dolt person he is, actually waited a bit more to the silence wondering if they were gonna add more to their... conversation. It's the looks, even Aden can tell, that this person tries to be unassuming and reserved, minding their own business. Well, Aden thought that and just felt like a jerk, feeling like he was blaming this person for the silence. Aden looked them up and down once more, his eyes darting professionally (unintentionally adding more to the time for an overdue comeback). A modest set of attire, cool hair if Aden does say so himself. A wheelchair, but... no, he'll ignore it. His gut trusting probability has had terrible odds as of late. In any case, they're quite quiet.

Aden almost formed a face similar to this person, but finally returned back again, bringing up a hand in front of them to expect a handshake as he finally thought of something. "So, I'm Aden! Ey-den. Uh, Sycamore." Aden introduced himself with a grin. For a person supposed to be decent at the observation of others if he even wanted to step in this school, he absolutely knows how to read the mood.

"Yeah, I suppose you could say that. Had to bring him back from the dead. All that bare-bones code for that short project." Yeah, the Victor they knew wasn't nearly as advanced as he is now. "Now he helps me keep the suit running. See, I've programmed him as an AI that uses Q-learning. Fascinating stuff, really. What happens is--uh. Maybe it's better if I show you? This way I can show off my newest modifications!"

Nikkolaüs pressed the activation trigger for the suit, and it engulfed him almost immediately. Though, he kept his hood and mask off.

"Now, as for the boots. I boosted the fuel efficiency by implementing a pneumatic flow switch in the compressor. I thought about using a solenoid valve, but I was afraid that the contactors would melt together at the temperature the suit runs at." Nikkolaüs pointed to his boots as he explained.

The boots were super bulky, but that was due to the size of the compressor, and also the chamber used to accommodate the argon used as fuel. The foot part of the boot was actually at the size of a normal boot, just the heel was a large tapered cylinder. The back side of the heel had some protruding plates that trailed off the boot and pointed to the floor. As he picked his heel up off the ground and back down again the plates pushed in and became flush with the frame once more, a hissing noise lightly sounding out each time.

"This way, the pressurized plasma is let out right as I'm about to make my next step. It makes this pretty cool trail of red rings across the ground too. As for armour, I haven't thought into it nearly as much as you guys have, but I think I've made an interesting system," Nikkolaüs wiggled his coat a tad, letting out a jingle of metal. "Hear that? Chain mail I've lined the suit with. Bare bones, I know, but it's rather effective against projectiles and the like. See, when it's struck, the energy is dispersed rather effectively by its loose and formless nature. Of course, not very effective at stopping direct blows, as the follow through of something like a punch will render it ineffective.

"That's where Victor comes in. Should someone get close enough to land a blow, he'll alert me of my attacker should they be out of my field of vision. More importantly, when I naturally move to block said attack, his Q-learning has taught him that when I'm attacked, the limb I move the most becomes the primary target for armour activation. When he activates that armour, well, I haven't actually quite finished it yet. It's a bit dangerous, so I don't want to test it out on anybody. Guess it'll have to remain a secret for now."

Nikkolaüs shrugged, if he got to jumpy with the testing then someone could get hurt. He didn't want that, especially for these two; them usually aiding him in testing, they'd be at a higher risk. He'd seen them get hurt in their own tests and he wasn't fond of it. Teru might brush it off as just a scratch, but she was just trying to avoid him coming in with the isopropyl alcohol. Yeah, it burned, but they weren't getting any infections on his time. Even still, the injuries were normal, even this morning when he--ouch. Flinching at the thought, Nikkolaüs remembered that he never really made an effort to close that wound on his thumb from this morning. Looking down to it, he cringed a bit.

"Ah, that's not fantastic." Oh yeah, that's a bit of blood. Hope I didn't drop anything on the floor.

Last edited:
Now there was no getting out of it.

Fantastic.

The silence had made him want to fidget, and with it he had to focus his attention forward rather than inward as he became more and more aware of the growing pressure on his chest and shoulder. At least his cool composure was practiced, allowing him to look a little cagey rather than the disaster that he was feeling. However, it wouldn’t last, not when Aden was extending his hand like this.

Felix couldn’t stop how his eyes widened with surprise, and a response like that was impossible to reel in. His gaze flicked quickly from the hand and up again as he tried to figure out just what to do. He knew he had to return the gesture, but he hadn’t wanted this – no one was ever supposed to get this far… no one had asked him for his name in what felt like an eternity, no less offered a handshake. It felt otherworldly, even if it was an everyday thing. It'd be welcoming if the consequences of it hadn't been so overbearing in his mind.

Hesitantly, he reached his out hand to take the other’s. There was no firm confidence as he took it, just a quick touch to get the contact over with as he offered in return, “I’m Felix.” He dropped his hand as quickly as he felt he was allowed to after that and opted to not say anymore, it wouldn’t matter anyway.

They made to reach for his hand, but it didn't feel like a handshake Aden quickly thought. Perhaps because Aden didn't shake fast enough due to surprise as Felix retracted their hand kinda quickly, and was thinking how their eyes widened before just a second before.

Ah, of course, Felix! He managed to get the name. Now they were going somewhere. However...

"So, I'm just sitting around over there." Aden added and quickly this time stood a bit aside as he pointed with his index to his seat pretty much at the front. "You can sit next to me if you'd like and all that-- but it's totes fine if you already have a spot in mind!" Aden said as he waved his arms animatedly, finally, even slightly, picking up on the direction of this conversation. He's not sure how he should end it himself.

"So, uh, if ya don't mind." Aden said sheepishly, and went his way to his seat to sit down and began sifting something around inside his bag. If Felix was comfortable enough to sit next to him, he can wait another minute or so so that he doesn't seem over the top on this friend-making thing, and make him appear busy. If not, well, it's totally fine and he respects Felix's choices. A tiny part of his mind acknowledges the fact that it was weird he was strategizing over this.

Last edited:
Quinn O'Reilly

As two newcomers joined the group Quinn began to struggle to keep up with the various conversations happening in the group, that and Quinn was also fighting with an internal struggle. The first class was hero classes and while it was one of the more fun classes Quinn always felt massively outmatched, his quirk while strong was often let down by Quinn’s own physical abilities. Quinn was fast and agile but his quirk required strength for it to be used effectively especially in combat, he would work well as a rescue hero at this point but that’s not the path Quinn wanted, Quinn wanted to become a hero in the spotlight, a hero that would fight and defeat evil becoming a beacon of light for the world but right now he’d settle for winning in any of the various class activities.

Quinn did his best to listen to the various conversations, and he heard enough to be able to ascertain the two newcomers names, both of which were people he had seen before but much like Amaryllis were people he had not interacted with over the course of last year. Thinking back it occurred to Quinn that he really didn’t have any friends, he spent too much time messing with people and while his various antics had gained him popularity in the school they had not gained him many friends. Looking at Amaryllis and Ashley jealously overcame Quinn a jealously that could only be overcome by one thing. Quinn reached into his bag and began eating the various candy at a startling pace.

Quinn slowed his pace dropping to the back of the group and in silence just watched the group before a smile overtook his face. This group of individuals all so different and unique only being dragged together for a simple tour, but yet at this moment in time, they looked like friends that had been together for years and just as the nice thought came to his mind it was quickly shot down as Nikkolaüs took his leave from the group. It was to be expected with classes starting soon everyone was going to split up or at least the Juniors and seniors in the group would, not to mention once classes started everyone in the group would return to their own little friendship group but that wasn’t possible for Quinn. Quinn’s friendship group oddly enough mostly consisted of older students, those that last year would have been sophomores and in the class split. Oh, well, Quinn would just have to find someone to annoy or just sleep through as much of it as possible.

The tour came to an end and just like Quinn expected the group began slitting up, he watched as the juniors and seniors went to the end of the hall. “Yay class woo can’t wait, wake me up when we have to do something.” The clear lack of interest was evident in Quinn’s voice he was speaking to no one individually just making the idle comment before swiftly taking a seat and closing his eyes if it wasn’t for sleep class would be incredibly boring. The only downside with his usual sleep through class plan was that it took him forever to get to sleep, so it was just him with his eyes shut most of the time which was always funny whenever a teacher asks him a question and he answers it right.

Interactions: MegMath13 MegMath13 PlusUltra PlusUltra Frostbuny Frostbuny
Sorry if I missed anyone but I think that would be everyone left in the group.

Joe sat down at the corner opposite the windows, luckily the sun never hit that spot. He used his quirk to take everything out and take his glasses off, when he was ready he deactivated it and was surprised that Nikkolaüs wasn't at the classroom, he was a junior after all, but Joe guessed he was in some advanced class or something. After all, Joe's quirk didn't need any special skill or ability, normal hero training was enough for him, although he did need extensive knowledge of optics and light. The only person than stayed with him after the group separated was Ashley. He kept overthinking if she would interact with him in class or if they were just acquaintances based on the group he was assigned to, he still thought he didn't fit in and that him being related to them in any way was a first day of school thing, where he would later continue to be at the library alone, not that it bothered him.

Sunlight made the old varnish from the wood shine unevenly and dust flew in random directions when hit by the beam of light. The colour of the classrooms didn't bother him, it was mostly wood and white walls that were a bit worn down by the passing of the years. His desk always moved and thus he had to put a folded piece of paper below one of its legs in order to write. He kept waiting for the teacher to arrive al well as the rest of the class while saying "Well, here we go again".

Nessi Nessi

Ashley Robinson

Once Joe guided them to to their class, Ashley would be off with Joe, seeing as they were in the same class. "Guess were in the same class, Joe" Ashley said as she begun to walk towards their classroom. It was a classic first day, a few people came up to her to greet her. Seeing as Ashley's quirk was pretty simple, she didn't expect to be in a real high end class. But, then again, she did pretty well on the exams last year, but she would have to wait and see what was in store for her.

Ashley would take a look around the classroom, it was pretty standard, a little dirty, and could very much use a cleaning, like every room in this building. "Maybe I should try and get a group together to clean this place during spring break" Ashley thought. She decided to take a seat next to Joe, because why the fuck not. "hope you don't mind me sitting next to you" she said, her classic smile on her face. Ashley would take out a notebook, and a pencil, and wait for the teacher to arrive.

Felix watched as Aden drifted away towards the seat he’d came from, a little more restrained that he had been before. He sighed through his nose and shook out his hands absentmindedly before beginning to roll down the aisle. After an interaction like that, he knew the right thing to do would be to accept the freshman’s offer, but that didn’t stop him from going right past that row and heading for the back like he’d originally intended. It brought a twinge of sadness to his chest, but practice made it easy to push down and ignore.

When he made it to the back of the classroom, he looked over the seat and space available as he contemplated what to do. He slid his bag from his lap first and set it against the leg of the desk, brushing the strap out of the way before continuing the motion and pushing the chair out from beneath the table it was hiding behind. With another sigh, he brought his hands to the shallow arms of his wheelchair and braced himself. It was hard to stand up straight with the cramping pain he’d gathered from the hungry masses that morning, but he was still able to stand after a few shaky and shocked steps. Standing had caused all of his muscles to seize with the pain they’d been collecting, causing him to clench his jaw roughly as he moved minimally. All he did was shift from one seat to another, and he hated to admit just how much of a struggle that was to complete.

Amaryllis

They had embarked on their tour. Amie would take any excuse not to run to class, and it was kinda peaceful to re-explore the school. She never has a reason to go to the theater, so she feels like its a special privilege to pass through like this. It was relaxing to listen to Joe's calm voice explain various things; it took away a lot of her nerves. The journey was short, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. She waved goodbye to her upperclassmen. She hoped to whatever deity was above that she would meet them all again soon.

The classroom was nothing out of the ordinary, the same desks and tacky posters she sees in every classroom. There was something different about the atmosphere in here. Amie knew she let her imagination run wild sometimes, but the room felt like it had no floor and she was always falling into nothing. It took her with a tight grip; it was suffocating and ripped the voice from her throat. She fell down further, the air was colder down here. Freezing. Ice poured into her veins. Fwap! The drop of a textbook shot her senses back to reality. She was still standing at the entrance of the classroom. Oh, anxiety. Her legs were shaky, but this was nothing she hadn't learned to deal with. She carefully took a seat near the front of the room. Usually her peers liked to sit near the back or along the sides. It only left her with few options, and she didn't feel close enough to anyone to steal a seat that they could be saving for a friend. So Amie automatically went for the seats near the front so she wouldn't cause anyone trouble or annoyance.

She pulled out a notebook and pencil, and she began to doodle in the margins of the second page. Writing on the first page of a new notebook is bad luck! Small things like this kept the anxiety at bay, which was most important to her. She wished she had the no care attitude that Quinn carried or the abundant kindness Ashley seemed to have. Or maybe she could borrow just an ounce of Aden's cluelessnes; then she wouldn't have to worry about anything getting to her. She shook her head. No, your fine the way you are. Just work on it some more. She began to detail out a list of ways to work on handling her emotions better. Bullet pointed and highlighted.

"Goodmorning everyone." Amaryllis looked up to see a handsome older man step into the room. He was dressed up in iron pressed pants and a clean white button up. He was of a darker complexion, a few shades darker than Amie herself. He did not look like he was from around here. "In case you are not aware, I'm Mr. Web. Red Web. I'll be the teacher for your homeroom and your first hero class of the day."

Red Web. Amie had heard this name a million times on the news. He was known for seeing the red strings that connect people to their actions. He follows their trail with an uncanny thoroughness until he can pinpoint exactly who did the crime. He wasn't a hero in the normal sense - he never fought the bad guys directly. But he was a hero in the court rooms getting men convicted, and he was a hero to the wrongly imprisoned. Critiques call him an overpaid private detective, but he earned his title through countless successes and winning the general population's trust. So he's the big hero from the city.

He wrote his name on the board as if Amie needed it to remember that he was The Red Web! She turned in her seat slightly to see if anyone else was as in as much awe as she was. She saw similar expression across some of her peers, but it made sense that fewer people watched the news or read articles about court cases online in her generation.

MegMath13 MegMath13 PlusUltra PlusUltra BB Hawken BB Hawken

Aden was just a tad disappointed when he felt Felix wheel on by, but perhaps Aden was somewhat expecting that. Before he could slightly mope about it though, a taller silhouette greeted the doorway for people who weren't paying attention. One of which was Aden, who was still shifting his bag to find something to do in the meantime. He did not come unprepared when it came to his heroing, as he brought a nice set of--

"Good morning to ya, class!" Someone bellowed from the front of the room. Aden finally brought his head up with a startled expression, not meaning to not listen to a teacher, who wore a relatively casual business attire with a sweater and khakis. Despite the stereotypical attire, they don't seem pretty old, and in fact, might be one of the youngest teacher/hero Aden has seen, at least for himself. Also despite this (at least from what Aden could tell was a norm), they have silver slicked back hair and glasses. They must have been assigned here since they can relate to a younger generation or something.

"Please call me by my hero name, Block Buster!" he exclaimed as he hastily wrote that up on the board. "You all will be pretty glad to know that I have been doing some hero work in addition to preparing to be a teacher. It goes hand in hand for the class I'll be teaching you all in, which of course would be the Hero Class!" Block Buster spoke. Their energy wasn't through the roof, but it was difficult not to notice. Some students have begun to go to the edge of their seats, as the mention of the Hero Class had them expecting him to begin detailing what was arguably the most important class to most of these students, Aden himself was getting a bit giddy in excitement.

"First off, I'd like to know your names and introduce yourself--" Block Buster said, and the class collectively frowned or slumped back to their seats. " --but I figured I'd get to remember everyone in this lovely class soon anyway!", and thus returned the energy of the students, some sighing in relief. "So of course, I'd like to discuss with you all in how I will do my Hero Class!" Block Buster said, and finally sat down. "If you'd excuse me, I've been given a set of rules and stuff before we can get to that, since you are all budding freshmen, so please bear with me for a second." their teacher said almost apologetically, and begins to open his bag to find a document detailing life on B.U.

Aden couldn't wait himself regarding the Hero stuff to start, because he does kinda want to show off to his classmates, as he didn't get the chance to earlier, what with all the upperclassmen shenanigans he got himself into. He needed to make a friend. No wait, more friends. He knew someone he at least could count for that tally in this room for the moment.

Joe was concentrated unpacking his things while thinking about the new year, he kept thinking about teachers and the specific assignments he, as a senior, would have. While he was doing that, he put his glasses back on again and felt someone approach his seat. It was Ashley, he separated from her after replying "Looks like it" as we walked towards his chair and now she kept getting closer. Joe looked at her and said "Hey, Ashley, you are free to seat wherever you want, and if that's beside me then so be it" with awkward laughter.

"Man, I'm stupid. Well, now Ashely will leave as people tend to do, due to my awkwardness and this first-day illusion will end" He whispered. Joe waited for Ashely to get ready before trying to approach her again, this time without acting dumb. He was one of the youngest seniors in the school, being one year younger than the rest of his class but he was very mature and acted like an old man and times, which made him seem dull and aloof.

Nessi Nessi

Once he was seated, Felix took to looking over all of the students in front of him. Some of their quirks were apparent, though not all, and it piqued his curiosity in more ways than one. He would never ask anyone himself, but he knew that he would learn sooner or later, whether by listening, watching, or some mishap that's bound to happen at least once this semester. It was exciting to him, given it was the only contact he could really allow himself; he would get to know everyone by observing their strengths, weaknesses, who they hung out with, how creepy or not creepy they thought he was...

He sat up a little as an adult entered the classroom: a teacher, but more importantly, a hero. He couldn't put his finger on who it was, but he knew that he recognized him from somewhere- likely from one of his haphazard explorations of quirks more beneficial than his own. It was clear from the walk and stance that it was someone with a bright personality, and he felt a weight lift from his shoulders with the realization that came with the introduction: Block Buster. Not the most famous hero by far, but one he'd at least heard of. That in and of itself was a relief, but it wouldn't matter in the long run. What mattered was quality, not novelty.

Felix listened quietly to the opening spiel until the idea of student introductions was mentioned. Of course he knew that it was coming, but it didn't mean he was any more prepared to face all of his new peers. He couldn't stop the weight of anxiety from pressing against his chest until the wool was pulled from his eyes not a sentence later. Were he once for drama, he would've sighed with relief, but he could settle with relaxing in his seat once again.

Block Buster simply read off a list without deviating with his own biases, stating rules such as be respectful and no vandalizing, all the necessities. As soon as the final point has been said ("... and of course, be the best hero you can be!"), Block Buster put down the paper. A few students began to return the attention to their teacher. As he placed down the paper and did a once over his class, he made for a big smile.

"Alright, it seems everyone here appears ready to tackle Hero course for the day. I know you all just got comfy in your seats, but we'll have to move if you all want to see our modest training grounds. I'm sure that your hero belongings are with you, and if not, I think your items are already put in specialized lockers if you had the service in advance." Block Buster blurted on what came to the top of his head, while the students were already moving. "Alright, slow down, as we're preparing, I'd like to call for a first day attendance, so don't pack your belongings to fast! Just raise your hand or say present when I call your name, whichever action isn't inhibited by your quirk. Er hem... Careson, Ann?" To which a girl in front said present, then the next dude simply raising their hand, and so on. Aden was pretty much next since not a lot of students have taken a front seat, to which he said present. And thus it goes on.

Aden made sure his bag had everything neatly organized, probably the only thing he can't be messy in any sense regarding about. His pack might be a bit bigger, almost like carrying sports equipment, because he hasn't managed to put everything in a service hero locker before he arrived, having forgotten about that particular convenience. Aden looked around as everyone is finally standing around and forming at the front of the room, making his way there as well. They soon begun to move once everyone was ready, already in the halls. A pair of rowdy kids were basically racing to reach the training grounds first, going off in the wrong direction. They still pursue their way to the training grounds at the halls at the moment.

Teru/Toru Kaizanni
cnmbwjx-Yokai-Monster-Girls-Anime-5215942.jpgTeru stepped back and gave a small coo of interest once Nikkolaüs activated his suit, placing her hands on her hips as it engulfed him. Though interested in Victory, neither of the twins could resist an opportunity to evaluate a classmate's project, so she began walking around him as he explained the upgrades he'd been making to it. Toru even closed her book, eyeing the inner workings of the suit as they circled him.

Her eyes narrowed for a moment as she began grumbling under her breath, her words going unnoticed by Teru until Nikkolaüs was halfway through his explanation. She didn't bring it up, however, instead just smiling before raising an eyebrow at his choice of armoring. Perhaps it was the fact that they'd spent so much of their free time on working with body armor recently, but she immediately caught on to the notable drawbacks of utilizing chain mail over more conventional defensive materials. She didn't bring it up, however, instead looking up to him as her brought the subject of discussion back to Victor.

"...reinforcing for you... make sure it's capable of concise situational awareness... judgement errors could be fatal..." Toru's murmuring was interrupted as Teru reached back and rubbed a hand on her head. Immediately Toru flinched before closing her eyes and going quiet.

Smirking, Teru turned back to him and shrugged with her other arms, "I always knew the little guy would go far, back then he almost sounded like a bad mix-match of recordings." She leaned forward again "But now here he is saving lives and taking names, it's almost like I'm feeling some type of contact pride~!"

But as close as she was, there was no way for her to miss Nikkolaüs' sudden flinch. Her smile disappeared almost instantly, her eyes tracing his down to his hand where her eyebrows knitted together.

Hearing his comment and feeling Teru's hand leave her head, Toru looked back over her shoulder at them before frowning at the sight of blood, "What... did you do?" she asked before tilting her head away, face tightening up at the sight of blood.

"Well maybe someone's been getting handsier than usual, or perhaps a brawl's broken out already? What about some on the fly mechanical error?"
Teru guessed before shaking her head "Whatever the case, tsk tsk indeed Nikki."

Pulling away, she walked to the other side of the class where a cabinet was across from the teacher's desk. As lots of mechanisms and gizmos were utilized in support classes like these, most often had some form of first aid available for minor injuries. Nothing like what was kept in stock at the infirmary, but more than enough for a small wound such as Nikkolaüs'.

"You'd think the gauze would be easier to find in here." she noted while leaning down to rummage through the cabinet.

"L-Leave it be," Toru said quietly ran her fingers along her notepad "the teacher... should be coming any minute. Let them handle it."
( Yakov011001 Yakov011001 )

"No, no. It's fine. You think I didn't expect something like this?" Nikkolaüs reached into a pouch on his belt, hidden by the cloak. Out came a small band-aid. "The portability of the suit is something that's been long overdue. I'm just so fucking useless without it, I needed a way to keep it on me at all times. I guess I rushed it out a bit too quickly.

"This morning when I got here, I went to retract the suit. Which was a programmed motion, the reverse of suiting up. Unfortunately, I did't take into account that the tension of the parts sliding against each other would be less of a problem when they were being extended, and not retracted."
By the end of his story, he had the band-aid on.

"Perhaps we adjust the motion so that the suit hyper-extends? It should keep the parts spaced apart long enough for the suit to retract properly."

"Thank you, Victor. If you would?"

"Of course, sir." And with that, the parts began shifting.

Every mechanism of the suit sprung out
immediately, it actually created a rather imposing figure. Like some kind of monster pretending to be human. Then the shape began to shrink and contract until the whole thing was just a fancy looking bookbag once more.

"Ah, good."

Nikkolaüs sighed. The powering down of the suit was fairly slow, but that's okay. It really wasn't important compared to how fast he needed it to come out, which he brought down to an impressive speed. Maybe, like this he could be of use to someone, anyone really. Suddenly today--after hearing his peers' amazing quirks--he was feeling a bit downcast. Of course he would play it off. To everyone else, he was like them. He was just a kid with a quirk that couldn't be controlled outside of his support items. The only people who really knew he didn't have any quirk of his own were these two; the staff know as well of course. Speaking of, where was their teacher? Or any of the other students for that matter?

"My three favourites. It's been too long, you lot." A voice suddenly called to them, a bit off to the side.

"Jesus Christ!" Nikkolaüs nearly jumped out of his skin, almost took Teru out when he stumbled back. "You know how I am about that, Placebo!" He let out indignantly.

Ah yes, Placebo. A hero that can create illusions of the mind so fantastical, it could actually kill. He was sat in an office chair beside the three. He wasn't in his hero uniform, rather a lab coat. He laughed heartily at the expense of Nikkolaüs. Now, Placebo was an impressive figure in the hero world, being in the top thirty of American heroes, and holding the top spot when it came to support work. This one time, to celebrate his first year as a hero, he developed support equipment for each hero above him on the leaderboard in the span of two months. Equipment that still sees use to this day, nearly eight years later.

"Victor, why didn't you tell me he was here?"

"I thought you knew, sir. Of course, he was no threat anyway."

"Right, how long were you in here, just watching us?" Nikkolaüs grumbled.

"An indeterminate amount of time, as he was in here since before you entered." Unbelievable.

Felix raised his hand when his name was called with finality - he'd be surprised if his name wasn't last on the list given that it started with a Z. Everyone seemed so excited once the list was completed that the room was buzzing before anyone had the chance to stand. Part of him wanted to share in that thrill, but he couldn't get over the dread of the class that was to come. He only knew of the antics reported from the top schools, the ones with programs so specialized that every student could be pushed to their limits, enough so that a healing hero was always nearby. There was no guarantee that there would be an injury, but with him so much as around, someone was bound to overexert themselves until their legs stopped moving. Or at least that was a fear...

He regretted his decision to shift between seats as the class began to move, rushing for the front of the room and running to be the first to the training grounds. Felix opted to remain well behind the crowd as he made it from one seat to another and lifted his comparatively small bag from the floor and back to his lap. Everyone seemed so prepared for this, some already having gear, but still didn't have the slightest idea of where to start. The school would take care of that for sure, but that didn't mean he would ever be ready for the responsibility that came with forming a hero.

Without so much as a sound, he rolled forward, trailing behind the last few students in the group.

When Madeline entered the room, she glanced around it. The back of the classroom was full of people, along with most of the sides so Madeline sat down next to the pretty girl from the tour group. Madeline moved her hand under her chin, the tour had gone okay for her and she was honestly too interested in looking around to talk to that many people. Since her father had neglected to get internet when they first arrived she had taken up reading the newspaper to occupy her time, that and practice using her quirk. "So that's Red Web." She said under her breath and bit down on her lip.

Frostbuny Frostbuny PlusUltra PlusUltra BB Hawken BB Hawken

Joe didn't mind Ashley sitting beside him. He was just nervous that he might mess up. Joe was surprised by how bubbly and joyful Ashley was, ever since the day began she hadn't stopped smiling. He took out a notebook and wrote the date in the top left corner of the page. Senior and Junior classes focused more in practical knowledge since most of the theory was already covered and Hero classes now took the shift in helping students choose what type of there's they wanted to be and their area of expertise.

While thinking about a conversation starter a voice rose from the door. "Hello class, I hope that you are excited by this new school year as much as I am" Joe recognized that voice, but most than his voice it was the warmth that entered the classroom when the teacher arrived, it was the Light hero Solstice, a tall woman with the bright demeanour and warm attitude that made everyone feel comfortable, but despite this, she seemed like a teacher who took discipline very seriously. She was one of the most renowned heroes at the school (but still wasn't very known outside the city for that matter). Solstice began taking attendance and explaining how the dynamics between juniors and seniors would work, as well as how her class would focus mostly on practical knowledge and abilities directed towards the emphasis each student wanted to have as a hero.

Joe was nervous because his quirk was more of the support and set up type than an offensive one, so he just hoped there wasn't any direct combat training.

"Ashley, I hope your excited, junior classes are the best spot to show your strengths"

Nessi Nessi

Last edited:

The freshmen class is making their way outside after a bit of a trek, passing by some of the facilities like the theater on their way. To some students, it almost felt like the teacher was taking a long way around. Finally, they made their way to somewhere behind the school, still following the paved stone pathways set out on the grounds. The day was early, but not a blazing noon yet, kinda chilly actually.

The grass atop the earth was small, so it didn't reach anyone's ankles. There were some various sorts of obstacle paraphernalia strewn about such as monkey bars and weights. This did not seem like a proper training area, doesn't even seems like this place was like this for even a day, but Block Buster stopped and turned around in finality.

"Here we are! Take a bit of stretches... or something." Block Buster said absent-mindedly as they continuously looked from their left and right, and then shaking their head and tapping their foot. "... anyway, today, we'll just be covering my plans for my hero class, so whenever I'm around, you all know what to expect, and what to prepare."

"Today, we're not gonna be doing some serious exercises. We can't have you all tuckered out for now, but I will have volunteers if anyone wants to. Off to the next point, as you are all still freshmen, there's still plenty of time for you all to train your quirks; we'll be doing quirk theories and such to understand your quirks way more than you've ever known it, to truly understand your powers. That kind of sounds boring, so I've peppered my class with much more practical stuff for this year that of course also supplements the idea of deep quirk learning!" Block Buster explained. "Thus, for a few days this year, we'll just be at the classroom completely talking in books and stuff regarding quirks. Then, and if you're lucky that I'm feeling it the whole week, we can do exercises!" Block Buster continued with excitement. A few students might be a bit disappointed that it's not a full on action course, but Aden himself was pretty much fine with what is said.

"So, for now, I'd just like each of you to get to know each other first. So, pair up with a buddy or two for today's class, and discuss each other's quirks. You can all even, and are encouraged, to use today's provided equipment to help show that off!" Block Buster enthusiastically shouted. It was a silent few seconds after that, before the students began to suddenly shuffle between themselves to find a partner or a group.

Aden wasn't quick to his feet, and when he wanted to pair up with the cool looking girl in class, she already had two gal pals when he looked around. To be honest, he wasn't even sure who to pair up with-- then a name rang in his mind. Felix! Looking around for a boy in a wheelchair, he decided they'd have a cool quirk too. And hopefully he doesn't mind him as much. Aden put his hand above his eyes, scanning the freshmen crowd for his gonna be partner. He hopes he hasn't had a group yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back