• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter
Invitation.jpg

winter castle.jpg
I was always very fond of the events that were held here on this site. I noticed a slight decline and I wanted to add a holiday event of my own.
So on December 23rd, starting at 6pm est. I'll be hosting a ball. A Yule ball. A one-night event where every character is welcome to attend for as long as they like.
There might be a very small story element, but mostly it will be your characters interacting with one another at a ball, hosted in an enchanted castle. I hope to have several pages, each a different part of the castle, and the characters can move freely between each part. You can follow my characters for the main story, or make up your own! Simply because the setting is fantasy, does not mean your characters have to be! You can choose any character you've made in the past, or make a completely new one.

There will be a profile page, but the profiles will be short, with just name, age, race and a description or picture. Once that's up you can start posting right away. There won't be an approval system. I will be accepting all writers at any skill level and all types of characters.
All the site rules apply and there won't be much beyond that.

If I get a lot of interest here I'd be happy to host it for the entire night. The ball will officially end at midnight, though I certainly won't stop people from continuing if they are having a good time.
So if you are even remotely interested I encourage you to say something! There is no obligation here. You can simply say you like the idea, even if you don't have time to participate, or if you only want to poke your head in for a little while.
If this goes well there may just be more events like it.

Very very interesting indeed. I would love to have a try at it.

I love the idea and will definitely be joining for a bit ^^ Although since it starts at 11pm for me I won't be able to join for too long xP

This is very interesting, reminds me of RP events in MMO's, I've hosted quite a few of those myself! I'd love to go and see. Though it may be a good idea for these kinds of events to last a little longer than a day/eve? Since posting forum-posts takes longer than MMO chat posts! :D

EDIT: DAMNIT! Just saw it was the day before Christmas eve... :( I can't make it as I will be with family the whole next day, lots of travelling etcetera. Still love the idea and would be up for future ones without a doubt!

This is very interesting, reminds me of RP events in MMO's, I've hosted quite a few of those myself! I'd love to go and see. Though it may be a good idea for these kinds of events to last a little longer than a day/eve? Since posting forum-posts takes longer than MMO chat posts! :D
Yep, It'll certainly be open longer, but I need sleep, so I'll be clocking out at midnight, depending on how things are going and how many people like the story, I'll keep writing periodically.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Ah no I meant more that the event takes place during a longer span for you to also DM across a bit longer period haha. But either way I love the idea and initiative! And I hope more of these will be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back