• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Pure blood or not, my blood isn't even pure... She thought as she smiled lovingly towards him. It was clear that she did not care if he was mixed or half blood. Even if he happens to be a muggle born... She was curious what kind of blood he had, though she did not ask since she did not want him to feel uncomfortable. She knew he would tell her anything he wanted, and she appreciated it.

"Here we are!" He exclaimed five minutes later as they were approaching the restaurant.

"Oh..." She was amazed and struck by the lovely underwater architecture.

"We have arrived at the fourth surprise." Alastair smiled charmingly as he neared the window and held out his arm for her to take.

"It is very beautiful," she smiled as she took his arm and walked out with him, totally unaware about the water surrounding them. She did not discover that something was rather odd until she set her foot outside the carriage, because she was able to breath and did not get the slightly wet.

She entered inside when he opened one of the large white doors for her. She could not help but brush the top of her fingers against the inner walls of the place.

"Hello. Do you have reservations?" A lovely woman behind the front desk asked. She was dressed elegantly, with a blue mermaid dress, and matching pearl earrings, bracelets, and a necklace.

"Yes. Table 307, please." Alastair said.

"Of course. I'll take you there!" another girl in a pink mermaid dress said cheerfully. She had hair dyed pink as well, put into two cute pigtails that reached her shoulders. She wore pearl accessories as well.

"Thank you." Alastair nodded, following the girl to a glass elevator.

They entered, and the girl pressed the button to go to the third floor out of five. "Is this your first time here?" she asked politely. Her voice was higher than most girls', but it wasn't that annoying. However, no one they had met thus far had an accent.

"No; I've been here thrice before. For the lady, however-" he gestured kindly to Aislynn "It will be her first time."

The girl nodded, and smiled. "I'll be sure to make it extra special, then."

The elevator gave a pleasant ping sound when it reached the third floor. The girl led them past several tables, to a large curved window that made up part of the oyster's mouth. From there, they had a perfect view of the sea, and the surrounding jellyfish. The tables and chairs were made from dark brown wood, and were well made. The spoons and forks were all adorned with small shells, ornamenting the silver ware nicely. The goblets matched the silverware, but the plates were a whole other story. Each plate was different; Alastair's was shaped like a broken piece of driftwood, although it was crafted from ceramic. Aislynn's was of the same material, but expertly crafted to look like a large seashell. The cloth napkins were made from rainbow-colored opaque material, shining and shimmering pleasantly; the table cloths were of the same airy material as well. The menus sported all sorts of seafood dishes, and several Italian dishes as well.

"What do you think?" Alastair asked kindly once they had had a chance to take everything in.

Aislinn suppressed her urge to grimace because of the pink. She smiled politely towards the girl who had led them to their table. Ughh pink.... I cannot stand that color.... She thought for herself. She looked confused at the silverware on the table as she sat down. She could not help but touching everything, seeing the most oddly shaped plates ever.

She picked up the menu and looked through it. She did not pay attention to the expensive prices but looked at the animated pictures of the several kinds of dishes.

"What do you think?" Alastair asked kindly once they had had a chance to take everything in.

"Mmm....I'd like to have Clams Italiano, Cioppino and Pesto Shrimp Pasta," She said smilingly, though she could not help but blush because she had ordered three kinds of dishes. She looked through the menu again and wondered what kind of wine to choose. "Mmm, though I don't know what kind of wine to choose, do you have any suggestions?" She smiled.

"I'm ordering a bit light today. . . I'd love to save room for dessert." Alastair smiled.

Aislinn smiled and looked through the menu again to take a look at the desserts. She could never eat lightly and knew that she would have room for almost every dessert in the menu.

"Although they tend to get a bit carried away with the decorations and costumes, I rather enjoy this place . . . " he smiled thoughtfully.

"I agree that decorations and costumes are too much," She laughed. "Though I understand why, they want to make a good match with the surroundings since they are located in the sea floor..."

Their food came, and it looked lovely.

Before Aislinn started with her first dish: Clams Italiano, she took one napkin and spread it discreetly beside her plate. She devoured her first dish within five minutes, leaving only the clams left, but they were not on her plate anymore but carefully collected and placed on her napkin. She continued with Cioppino and did the same. After she had devoured that one as well, she had placed the seashells with the clams on her napkin. She discreetly folded the napkin with sleight of her hand

She smiled as if it was something normal to do in a restaurant. When she started to eat her third dish with her left hand, she let her wand slid out from her right sleeve, just enough to minimize the folded napkin. She easily tucked her wand back into her right sleeve and continued to eat.

"A souvenir..." She whispered with a smile as she put her hand on the tiny folded napkin, while she looked at Alastair with a -I collect seashells- face. She swallowed a laugh and reached for her glass to taste the wine.

"Mmm...it's delicious...

"That sounds like a lovely choice." Alastair smiled. "For the wine, I think a lovely chardonnay will do." he said to the waitress.

Alastair ordered grilled salmon and spicy shrimp soup.

Grilled-Salmon-1-small.jpg

IMG_9230edit.jpg

". .. Along with an iced water, I think that will be all for me." Alastair said to the waitress, who was another lady wearing a purple mermaid dress. She nodded politely, and then left.

"I'm ordering a bit light today. . . I'd love to save room for dessert." he smiled.

"Although they tend to get a bit carried away with the decorations and costumes, I rather enjoy this place . . . " he smiled thoughtfully.

"I'm ordering a bit light today. . . I'd love to save room for dessert." Alastair smiled.

Aislinn smiled and looked through the menu again to take a look at the desserts. She could never eat lightly and knew that she would have room for almost every dessert in the menu.

"I agree that decorations and costumes are too much," She laughed. "Though I understand why, they want to make a good match with the surroundings since they are located in the sea floor..."

Before Aislinn started with her first dish: Clams Italiano, she took one napkin and spread it discreetly beside her plate. She devoured her first dish within five minutes, leaving only the clams left, but they were not on her plate anymore but carefully collected and placed on her napkin. She continued with Cioppino and did the same. After she had devoured that one as well, she had placed the seashells with the clams on her napkin. She discreetly folded the napkin with sleight of her hand.

She smiled as if it was something normal to do in a restaurant. When she started to eat her third dish with her left hand, she let her wand slid out from her right sleeve, just enough to minimize the folded napkin. She easily tucked her wand back into her right sleeve and continued to eat.

"A souvenir..." She whispered with a smile as she put her hand on the tiny folded napkin, while she looked at Alastair with a -I collect seashells- face. She swallowed a laugh and reached for her glass to taste the wine.

"Mmm...it's delicious..."

Alastair noticed what she was doing, but said nothing. I used to do that as a child. . . Mother would insist on having them washed before taking them home. . . .Then, she'd tell me we needed to leave before they had been brought back; leaving them at the restaurant. "I understand." he nodded when Aislynn explained. "You were quite discreet about it." he complimented.

"I am pleased that you like the wine." Alastair smiled. "I find that a white wine tastes better than a red. Of course, it all depends on what kind of wine you request. "

Once they had finished eating, Alastair took another look at the dessert menu. "Absolutely anything you order here will taste heavenly. " Alastair smiled. "Don't feel embarrassed to order more than one dessert-" he said charmingly "-Because I will be ordering three." he joked.

When the time came, Alastair did order three desserts: chocolate bomb, chocolate-filled vanilla cupcakes, and a slice of s'mores cake.

maxresdefault.jpg

c73bc4eddfc04d7112505aef4dffe3a3.jpg

smores-layer-cake-recipe-13.jpg

"Not all of the desserts here are sea-themed. I'd prefer it that way; so that they can concentrate on the taste, rather than the appearance."

"I love desserts," Aislinn blushed. "I will order three different kinds as well," She giggled. I would even have ordered more... She thought but decided it would be enough with three because she did not want to give the impression of being greedy. She was not greedy but a sweet tooth.

She ordered one chocolate panna cotta:

61f0949a886e13ed1dabd52e21a3d600.jpg

Ultimate fudgy chocolate brownie with chocolate ice cream:

1d10ce571dacba08b0c11699210a21da.jpg

and one Choco cheezecake:

fdd95f835980258ce710a8fb43ca694c.jpg

"I like themed desserts for some occasions, especially for Halloween," She laughed.

"I agree." Alastair said. "Look at the view, now." he smiled, turning his head to look at the view.

The sun had begun to set, and gave the water a gorgeous multicolored look. It was so picturesque that it was difficult to believe that it was real. " A most lovely scene indeed." he said quietly. It was incomparable to seeing it above water; that was why he had chosen to take Aislynn to Glimmer's Cove. Another name for the place was Sunsets, a name which every guest who stayed past sunset could agree with.

"Have you two enjoyed your meals?" the lady dressed in purple asked.

"Yes. Thank you. " Alastair nodded politely as she cleared the dishes.

"I don't think I've seen you here before." the lady said to Aislynn. "Your first time?"

"Well, then." the lady smiled, pulling something from her sleeve; a piece of paper covered in a plastic case. "Take this. It will offer you a free two-way pass to this restaurant. It is a Portkey, so avoid touching it until you are ready. If you show this card to the person that brings you your bill at the end of a meal, they will give it to you free of charge! It can be used only once, and you get one every other time you come. "

"Thank you." Alastair said as the lady left.

He checked his watch, and noted that the time was nearly five. "Please excuse me for a moment; I need to use the washroom."

He made his way to the two doors, one marked men's and one marked women's. Instead of going into the men's, he went into the women's. The lady from before was standing at the bathroom mirror, adjusting her hair, when she spotted Alastair behind her and froze, her eyes wide.

"Don't make one sound, or else I'll stun you, and whatever else I need to!" Alastair said threateningly, his voice both quiet, and soft at the same time. He disarmed her and caught her wand, all the while keeping his wand held high, ready for any sudden movements.

"What have I done to warrant such-" she began nervously.

"Don't try to play as if you know nothing." his eyes flashed dangerously, his wand raising another half-inch. "-Sheila. You're working for Valletta, aren't you?"

Sheila hesitated a moment, then her defenseless mask melted away to be replaced with a wicked one. "Of course. How did you know I had placed a tracking charm on your lady's card?"

"Those cards were never valid; you simply invented the offer to insure that she would keep the card close. An offer that seems too good to be true often is. I saw you at the restaurant, then again at the Theater. You are as foolish as you ever were, simply guessing that I couldn't see you."

"Ah. Well, then. If you knew I was tailing you, why didn't you stop me?" she said, shaking her head in a 'you're lying, you had no idea' way.

Alastair didn't answer her question, but went on. "You lost me in Japan, then again in London, so I assumed you would leap at the first sight of me."

"Correct, again." she said sarcastically. "But, the fact that you are not really asking me any questions makes this conversation pointless; why did you come in here in the first place? And why did you allow me to tail you like the prey you are?"

Again, Alastair didn't answer her questions. "The reason I didn't say a thing when I saw you-" he neared her "-Is because I wanted you to follow me. I knew that in the end the tables would turn, and you would become my prey." his eyes glinted, showing an immeasurably high level of rage, before casting three non-verbal spells in quick succession.

The first one hit the door, silencing all further noises. The second locked the door. And the third hit Sheila in the chest, causing her a burst of immeasurable pain that was the Cruciatus curse. She dropped to the floor, screaming. Her hands were at her chest, crossed in a pointless effort to protect herself.

"Tell me- " Alastair said softly "- when she is planning her ambush."

". . Never. . . " Sheila said. Although her voice was barely a whisper, it was clear she meant it completely.

"Well then. If you won't respond to force, then I have many more effective methods. Seducing women was always fun for me; it seems to come easily, and I seem to enjoy seeing their hearts fill with joy at the thought that I may actually love them. " He said as he bent down to gently caress her cheek.

She tried to pull away, but his curse was stronger than most, leaving her quite weak. He crouched on the floor, and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, pushing her back to rest against the wall.

"Don't." she said, her eyes full of fear. "Please, don't. I can't-"

"I know you can't resist." Alastair said, his soft voice laced with malice as he leaned forward, his lips parted slightly and his hand on top of hers. "That's why I am doing this. . . "

Alastair stood up calmly ten minutes later.

The only sound was that of Sheila's panting, her eyes closed. "I've seen the gates of heaven. . . I'll tell you everything..." she breathed.

Alastair returned from the restrooms fifteen minutes later, his emotions hidden so well that not even Raven would be able to guess what had just happened.

"My apologies." Alastair explained calmly. "I crossed paths with an old friend, and we chatted a bit in the corridor. She had to leave soon, so our conversation was cut short. I do hope you can excuse my lateness. "
It is the truth: from a certain point of view.

"I agree." Alastair said. "Look at the view, now." he smiled, turning his head to look at the view.

Aislinn turned her head around and looked at the view. She was struck by the most beautiful multicolored look of the water.

" A most lovely scene indeed." he said quietly.

"Yes..." Her voice was barely a whisper. She put her hand at his and looked at him lovingly to mentally thank him for such a wonderful surprise.

"Have you two enjoyed your meals?" the lady dressed in purple asked.

"Yes. Thank you. " Alastair nodded politely as she cleared the dishes.

"I don't think I've seen you here before." the lady said to Aislinn. "Your first time?"

"Yes," Aislinn smiled politely.

"Well, then." the lady smiled, pulling something from her sleeve; a piece of paper covered in a plastic case. "Take this. It will offer you a free two-way pass to this restaurant. It is a portkey, so avoid touching it until you are ready. If you show this card to the person that brings you your bill at the end of a meal, they will give it to you free of charge! It can be used only once, and you get one every other time you come."

Aislinn found it very weird, the way the waitress presented the offer which sounded too good to be true, but she did not show any sign of suspicion and instead took the plastic case with a happy smile.

"Oh thank you..." She smiled politely.

"Thank you." Alastair said as the lady left.

He checked his watch and noted that the time was nearly five. "Please excuse me for a moment; I need to use the washroom."

Aislinn just nodded smilingly towards him before her attention was drawn to the plastic case.
She looked suspiciously at it as she turned it around in her hand, looking at it from different kind of perspectives. She frowned as she looked at it closer to get a better view of what was written on the piece of paper. I don't know why I have a bad feeling about this. It seems fishy. A free two-way pass which also gives me the opportunity to eat free? And every time I visit the restaurant, I get a new one? It sounds too good to be true... She glanced around and then looked at the plastic case with a frown. From the interior and decorations of the restaurant to this piece of a paper wrapped in a plastic case? A waitress who pull out this kind of thing from her sleeve in a luxurious restaurant doesn't seem right...and the offer itself doesn't seem right or all the poor people on this planet would visit this place and get free food everyday...Seriously, such an offer won't work with the restaurant's economy..

She glanced around again and noticed that the other guests were too occupied with eating, most of them were couples who were on dinner dates. She put the plastic case on her plate and let her wand slid out discreetly from her sleeve. She used one spell to open the plastic case without using her own hands. The name of the restaurant and place, The Glimmer's Cove, was written a in a beautiful and elegant squiggly handwriting, the color of the ink was pearl white and glowed charmingly and alluring against the rainbow-colored opaque colored piece of paper. No beauty or charm can ever fool me when my instincts are so strong against it... She thought as she used several spells to examine the piece of paper. Her eyes widened as she detected what it truly was. Is someone plotting me? ...if so, why? She did not hesitate any second as she pointed at it with her wand and set an invisible fire to it. She watched both the piece of paper and the plastic case crumbling slowly and turning into ashes without any scent or view of a fire.

When only ashes were left as trace of the plastic case with its piece of paper, Alastair returned from the restrooms fifteen minutes later.

"My apologies." Alastair explained calmly. "I crossed paths with an old friend, and we chatted a bit in the corridor. She had to leave soon, so our conversation was cut short. I do hope you can excuse my lateness. "

Aislinn rose up at the same moment. "It is alright," She smiled but her smile faltered as she looked at the little pile of ash at her plate. "Alastair..." She spoke quietly as she looked at him seriously. "It was not a portkey, but a damned piece of paper with a tracking charm..." She gestured with her eyes at the pile of ash.

“Hmm. I am quite surprised myself.” He said. It was the truth, after all. “However, I am even more surprised at your superb instincts. Well done.” He smiled, praising her.

“Yes. I believe it is time for us to get going. “ He stood up from his seat. “Shall we?” he politely extended his arm.

Together, they walked to the elevator, and Alastair pressed the button. They entered a minute later, and then Alastair pressed the button to go to the bottom floor.

“Raven?” he asked, having quickly conjured a patronus “I’d like you to pick us up now, post haste.” He state calmly.

They reached the bottom floor, Alastair paid their bill at the front desk, and they sat on the shell-shaped chairs in the waiting room, which had just as nice a view as their table. After ten minutes had passed with neither a reply, nor an appearance of Raven, Alastair stood up.

“Excuse me for just a moment.” He said politely to Aislynn.

He went to one of the restrooms and pulled out his wand. He made sure he couldn’t be overheard before conjuring his patronus once more. “Raven? I requested your assistance post haste, yet you have neglected to come quickly. If you fail to come quickly, I shall assume there is an issue.” He said, his tone growing more urgent. ”I shall give you five minutes’ time.”

He walked back to where they were sitting, his calm mask on once more. “Raven is running a bit late. She was supposed to remain close by, to assist us when needed. However, I assume she has simply gotten carried away by the sights.” He said, his voice so calm it could fool anyone.

“If Alden has failed, then he is to be executed.” The King of Heaven said in confirmation.

“Understood. “ the tall, dark angel said.

Alden had overheard these words spoken from the early morning, and had fled, seeking Raven in one last desperate attempt to avoid dying because of his failure. However, he had missed the other, crucial part of their conversation.

“Would you like me to follow him?” the angel asked.

“Yes. “ the King nodded. “Give him precisely twelve hours, then bring him back. I trust you will know exactly what to do with Raven.”

“Yes, your highness. I shall return by ten tonight.” The angel bowed.

“Very well. You have yet to prove disloyal to me.” The King said as the angel took off out the window.

“We’ll have to leave now.” Alastair said, standing up. “Do you know how to use a bubble-head charm?”

“We’ll have to move quickly. Do you know how to swim? ”

Aislinn blushed when Alastair praised her. They sat down, but she did not feel to remain in a place when one of the staffs had tried to deceive her. And they had already eaten their desserts thus she asked:

"Isn't it the time to leave?" She asked politely.

“Yes. I believe it is time for us to get going.” he stood up from his seat. “Shall we?” he politely extended his arm.

She took his arm and walked with him to the elevator. The dinner had been delicious in a such charming and beautiful place. Watching the sunrise under the sea had been marvelous, but the fake offer had given Aislinn a bizarre feeling. Why? Who would have interest in plotting against me? I cannot remember Sherwood among the P.O. staff when we stormed the Ministry of Magic. They fired him a couple of days after the gala. But no, even if he was not present during the attack, I do not believe he is the one who is plotting me...but it could be him, couldn't it? If it is not him, then who might it else be? Is someone trying to come in between Alastair and me? If so, who? I know that it can't be someone from the team. Perhaps Robert, but that's so far-fetched. A coward like him, no....I don't think it's him, not after he failed to part me from Crystal. It could probably be someone who only knows Alastair....Could it be a woman who is jealous of me?...

When ten minutes passed in the waiting room and Raven did not appear, Alastair stood up.

“Excuse me for just a moment.” He said politely to Aislinn.

She nodded smilingly towards him. I wonder why Raven is late... Aislinn thought. She was about to pick out the feather from her other sleeve but remembered that she actually was not alone in the waiting room. There was another lady in a mermaid dress, right behind the desk in the reception. Her experience with the waitress had given her enough to not trust anyone in the restaurant. And even if the waitress had been disguised as one of the staffs of the restaurant, Merlin knows, I still won't trust anyone here... She thought. Perhaps I could use the restroom.... oh, perhaps I don't need to? Does Alastair also have a feather by Raven?

“Raven is running a bit late, " Alastair said when he came back. "She was supposed to remain close by, to assist us when needed. However, I assume she has simply gotten carried away by the sights.”

"Oh..." Aislinn was feeling a little surprised. "Well, I cannot blame her, the sights are breathtaking indeed..." She smiled. So calm he seems to be.....I have a bad feeling about Raven, but when I think about it, why should I worry about an angel, an angel who has more power beyond a human being...of course Alastair is calm about it....but still the bad feeling won't leave me...

“We’ll have to leave now.” Alastair said, standing up. “Do you know how to use a bubble-head charm?”

"Yes of course," Aislinn stood up as well, with the wand ready in her hand.

“We’ll have to move quickly. Do you know how to swim?”

She suddenly got nervous about his question. I can swim in a pool...but...but...in a sea? A sea which holds so many mysterious creatures...and the underwater currents... She thought as she shuddered.

"Yes, of course..." She replied, trying to keep her voice calm as she wondered if her skills for swimming in a pool was enough for being able to swim in a sea. I must not panic... She thought as she put her hand in his hand, entwining her fingers with his.

"There is no need to be nervous, I can assure you." Alastair said, giving her a warm look. "I'll be near you at all times. I am an expert at swimming, so if there is an issue I can help you without a doubt." His voice was so firm that it was more calming than anything. "Now-" he waved his wand near his face, creating a large and spacious bubble around his head.

"The water may be a bit cold this time of year, but other than that there is nothing to worry about. This is a sea, not an ocean; the creatures here aren't so dangerous." Unless. . . "Well, then, it looks as if you are ready. A bit of advice-" he smiled, pointing his wand to her legs "-a transformation charm or two can work wonders." And with that, he turned her legs, from her knees down, into giant flippers that would work well in the deep waters. At the same time, he picked her up gracefully so that she didn't fall, since the flippers wouldn't work well on land. "Whatever you do; do not worry yourself about me. Wherever you are, I'll be close behind."

He walked over to the door, but didn't have a free hand. "Would you mind, Miss?" he nodded to the waitress, who had been watching with an open mouth and curious eyes.

"Our chaperone drank too much; he can't see three feet in front of him without seeing double, much less drive us home." he joked in response to her odd look.

". . . Have a safe trip. . ." the lady said awkwardly, opening the door for them.

As soon as the lady opened the door, anyone would have expected water to flow through freely. However, a difficult enchantment kept it all on the other side of an invisible barrier. Once Alastair reached it, he looked at Aislynn with a very caring look. "Are you ready?"

"Very well." He stepped forward, and instantly went through the barrier. Cold water soaked every bit of is clothing, and his hair, but he took no notice. He gently loosened his grip on Aislynn, and didn't move as he stood by. He watched her try out his charm with a patient look on her face, then raised his hand, pointing upward. The look on his face said 'Shall we begin?'

As Aislynn went, Alastair pushed off from the sea floor, and began swimming so fast and strong that it was baffling that he didn't have flippers himself. He became level with Aislynn, and shot her a warm glance. 'You're doing very well' his expression said. They had been swimming for only ten minutes when Alastair noticed that they were getting nearer to the surface. Only fifteen minutes left to go. I can tell, by the way the water gets a bit lighter as we ascend, just as it darkened slightly in the carriage. I do hope nothing bad has happened to Raven, but at the same time I worry for our own safety. It was selfish of me to bring Aislynn along on this journey. . . So foolish. . . If anything happens to her, I'll end up blaming myself for the rest of my existence. . . I do pray. . that all will turn out well. . .

Alden stood over Raven, whom he had quietly approached, then knocked unconscious. Her hands, legs, and even wings were bound.

“What did you do to me?” Raven said, recovering a few minutes later. “I won’t go back with you. . . Not willingly.” She spat.

“I’m going to bring you back, because I won’t fail again. But first, I want you to suffer, since you have cost me so much already “

“Wouldn’t taking me back make me suffer enough?”

Alden smiled maliciously, and turned as Alastair’s patronus neared Raven. She heard his message, and then her eyes grew wide in shock.

“I won’t let you help them. You’re going to suffer by watching Valletta’s plan unfold as Alastair’s only plan will fail . . . His plan to use you.” Alden said firmly.

Raven was so worried that she began struggling against the chains, even though she knew that it was as pointless as begging him to release her. After a minute of her struggling as Alden watched in amusement, she gave up and lay back, resting her head against the cloud. I wish I had been more careful. . . He was so quiet, but still, if I had just been keeping a close watch on my surroundings instead of daydreaming about Alastair. . . I feel like a foolish school girl; so stupid to idolize a man she knows is taken. . .

When Alastair’s second message came, Alden laughed; tears had come out of Raven’s eyes, silently sliding from her cheeks onto the cloud.

“Oh dear. . . ” Alden said in mock sympathy “What’s wrong?”

Raven didn’t answer to his cruel words, but closed her eyes as the tears flowed more freely.

Alden came closer to her, and put a hand on her head. “It’s alright; I’m right here to comfort you. I’ll always be here for you.“

“I don’t want you near me, you filth!” she spat, although her voice sounded so choked.

“I know you don’t mean that. In reality, you do love me. . . ” He breathed, letting his hand slide from her head to her cheek. “. . Just as much as I love you.” His other hand made its way to her side, resting close to her thigh.

Raven exhaled sharply in anger, and scooted away from him.

Alden got upset, and stood up, a hurt expression on his face. “If you had admitted your true feelings, they would have been spared. ” he said, his hurt turning to disgust. “And you will end up making up for your mistakes for the rest of your existence!” he said. He raised his hand, and a small cloud formed; a Spy Cloud, so that she could see Alastair while the plan unfolded.

Another five minutes had passed, and Alastair was relieved that they had made it thus far without a problem. He drew back slightly, and got a strong hold on his wand before discreetly placing a temporary protection charm in the area surrounding them. I should have thought of that sooner. Now I can relax a bit. I guess all of that training with mother is put to good use. I'm not even tired after all of this swimming.

Suddenly, the water around them became very cold; even colder than it already was. Small bubbles surrounded them, which doubled in size with each passing moment. Alastair was unsure of what to do besides gesture for Aislynn to pick up the pace as he hurried to become level with her once more. The bubbles become so large, however, that they engulfed both Alastair and Aislynn in separate spheres. Alastair couldn’t see Aislynn as he raised his wand in an attempt to free himself, but he felt her fear as both of their wands were snatched from them by something they couldn’t see. A potent liquid surrounded them. It was a vivid, blinding red, protruding both their spheres and the bubbles protecting their lungs. All of this happened so quickly, and before long the liquid had entered their lungs. I’m sorry. . . Aislynn. . . Alastair thought before he became unconscious.

“. . .I told you that one day, I’d find you and hurt you, even more than you’ve hurt me. ” A pale, thin lady stood tall in the shadows as Alastair awoke. She wore a long black dress with a plunging V-neck cut and a slit in the side which reached her thigh.

Alastair and Aislynn were wearing thick metal cuffs which kept their hands together, and close to the wall. Their ankles were bound with chains connecting to separate sides of the room, keeping them far apart.

“Valletta? Is that your wicked voice I hear?” Alastair said apparently recovering from the sedative rather quickly. His voice was calm as he spoke.

“Why. . . yes.” She said, stepping out of the shadows to show herself properly. She shared so many similarities with Luna in appearance that it was shocking to anyone who didn’t know Valletta existed. Nearly everything looked the same. Everything except for the fact that Valletta had red hair which reached her shoulders in soft curls. Not ginger red like the Weasley family. . . A dark, shining red which shone like blood. “I’m going to make you pay. This is my revenge.” She said in a dangerously quiet voice as she moved to stand behind Aislynn.

“Although you quarrel with me, I see no need to involve others. Why did you bother with bringing her as well?” Alastair asked coldly, nodding toward Aislynn.

“Do you have feelings for this girl?” she asked.

Alastair didn’t answer immediately, but the look in his eyes was enough to make anyone doubt his true intentions. He kept staring at her, not even blinking.

She summoned a short silver dagger, and pointed it at Aislynn’s throat. “Tell me.” She threatened, “. . . Do you?”

“No. “ He stated calmly. “She is merely another toy for me. You know how I look at ladies. . . Like games. You know as well as I that, just as vampires hunger for fear in their victims, I hunger for love in mine. This young lady has never experienced love before, so I felt it would be such an interesting game to play. She was so blinded by her own love that she couldn’t see I didn’t return her feelings.” He said. His voice was changing, for the worse. It sounded as if what he was saying was true, and he really did enjoy breaking people psychologically as he broke hearts.

“So, if I killed her now, you would feel nothing?” Valletta said, disappointed.

She waited a moment, but neither his face, nor his voice changed when he said “No. Kill her now, if you like, but do it quickly. I am certain that her heartbreak is causing her enough pain as it is.

Valletta walked away from her; back to Alastair. “Are you going to kill me?” he said blandly, as if he could care less.

I need to think of a way to make you suffer as much as possible before death. she thought. “Why?!” she said, angrily striking him across the face. Her blow should have caused him pain, or left a mark. Instead he remained calm and unscathed. “Why can’t I see the fear in your eyes? I’ve waited so many years to see it, yet you are so calm it is as if you are watching a children’s play!” Her hair was a brighter red now, the color of apples.

“Because I am not a child. You may do what you wish, but you will never see the fear in my eye because no one can make me feel fear; I overcame that long ago. ”

She bent down and her face became her close to his. “You’re a liar; everyone feels fear.” she said. He’s just a really good liar. . . she told herself. There must be some way. . . Anyone who valued their own lives wouldn’t be so calm. She placed a hand on his face, then got even closer to him. In a second, she had forced her lips onto his, kissing him with too much force to be deemed gentle. When she finished a minute later, she backed away enough to see his face properly. She was visibly surprised to see that is expression hadn’t changed. “You felt. . . ” she said, clearly emotionally distraught.

“. . Nothing.” Alastair finished for her. “You’ll find that anything else you do will be extremely one-sided.”

“You're so different from when I knew you. . .” she said, looking away. Tears were forming in her eyes, and her hair slowly turned from apple red to sky blue from the roots to the tips.

“Malice will do that to a person.” He said quietly.

“Yes, it will.” She said, abandoning all pretense of emotion. “I believe your time is up. If you cannot feel anything, then I will forget about your feelings. “ She came closer to him again, this time placing a hand on his face to move his head to the side. “Your blood was always the sweetest thing about you. . . I wonder if it still is.” She whispered as she gently licked his neck. She bit him not long after that, and her eyes grew wide. A dull, shooting pain came from his neck, but Alastair didn’t let it show in his face. After a moment, she stopped. “It’s still so sweet. . . So warm and delicious. ” She breathed, wanting more. “If you had showed some sort of emotion toward me, perhaps I would have spared you.” She moved in to bite him again, her voice hungry.

“Don’t worry about me-” Alastair said coldly “-you won’t be able to finish me off.”

“Of course I will.” She smirked, biting him with such force that he couldn’t hide his pain.

He flinched, but still made no noise.

“Yes-” Valletta breathed, stopping to lick the blood that was dripping from his neck “-Don’t hold back. Scream.” She said, her voice and eyes becoming so hungry it was frightening. Her hair had somehow returned to the blood red that it had been in the beginning. She bit him again with renewed force, and it cost him incredible effort to avoid screaming out loud. He closed his eyes, and bit his own tongue to stop the sound, flinching again.

Right at that moment, the room began to shake like an earthquake was starting. Valletta stopped immediately, then was thrown back as the room shook more vigorously. Items from the next room could be heard as they shattered, hitting the floor. Then, as suddenly as it had come, it stopped. “Hello, everyone.” Raven smiled. She waved her hand, instantly releasing Alastair and Aislynn from their restraints. At the same time, Valletta was knocked unconscious by a different spell.

“Sir-” Raven bowed to Alastair, who had immediately ran to the other side of the room to help Aislynn to her feet “-please forgive my lateness. I fear it has cost you so much. How shall I repent?”

“Let us leave this place, then we shall discuss all other important matters.” Alastair said pointedly.

“What shall I do about her?” Raven pointed to Valletta.

“Leave her.” Alastair smirked.

“Why?” Raven said, completely confused.

“In case you didn’t show on time, I had another plan.” Alastair smirked coldly in Valletta’s direction. “I put a small amount of garlic in my blood by way of a difficult charm. It kept the garlic in one area, while the rest of my blood flowed freely. It didn’t affect my heart, but it did affect her. If you hadn’t come, she would have been dead soon. Now-“ He turned to Aislynn. “I am certain you have questions; I will answer them all in the carriage, just as Raven will answer all of my questions as to why she was late.”

"Thank you," Aislinn smiled warmly. "I appreciate it..." Of course, there's nothing to worry about when I am with Alastair but why do I have this bad feeling in my guts? She thought as she created a large bubble around her head. She was about to open her mouth to tell him but was surprised when he turned her legs into giant flippers. She could not help but giggle when he picked her up. She almost forgot the bad feelings she had and was wondering if this was another surprise of today's adventures.

"Whatever you do; Do not worry yourself about me. Wherever you are, I'll be close behind."

"Alright..." She nodded smilingly. Of course, nothing can go wrong...I'll just be cold, wet and hungry after this, but I don't doubt that there'll be hot chocolate or a nice supper afterwards...and I destroyed the tracking charm, so there's nothing to worry about.... She thought, trying to ignore the bad feeling in her guts. It must be of eating too much seafood...yes, because I am not used to it, so it might hurt my stomach for a bit...

She waved farewell to the waitress who opened the door for them and could not help but laugh at her odd expression.

"Are you ready?" Alastair asked, looking at Aislinn with a very caring look, before stepping out in the waters.

Aislinn nodded smilingly.

"Very well."

He stepped forward, and instantly went through the barrier. She almost gasped when the cold water soaked her from top till toe. Merlin's beard, it is so cold... She tried out her flipper legs as soon as he loosened his grip on her. She tried not to panic as she flipped her legs. There'll be hot chocolate soon, I'll make through this, yes, I’ll... She thought as she merely warmed herself up by flipping her legs. Using her flipper legs was easier than expected. As if it has given me another kind of strength...

Alastair watched her patiently, then raised his hand, pointing upward. The look on his face said 'Shall we begin?'

She nodded eagerly and pushed upwards. He shot her a warm glance when he reached the same level as her. 'You’re doing very well' his expression said.

Aislinn blushed and gave him a thankful and appreciative look before looking up towards the surface. They had been swimming for about fifteen minutes when she noticed that they were nearing the surface. She tried to ignore the cold, the bad feeling she had in her guts and that she was becoming a bit numb and weary. If I made it this far, I can made it to the surface...and I have these flipper legs after all, Alastair is without...so I should not complain... She thought as she glanced at him. But suddenly the water become much colder than it already was. It became so ice cold that Aislinn merely fainted, but she maintained to keep her pace. What the bloody hell...it feels like winter have arrived... She tried to flip her legs faster when Alastair gestured to her to pick up the pace. But the bubbles which suddenly appeared panicked her. And she did not feel any better when they suddenly grew in size. She was suddenly engulfed by a bubble and she tried to overcome her panic by consulting the pendant which Luna once had gifted her. But Aislinn got distracted when she was disarmed from her wand. 'My wand! My wand!' She tried to scream but it was useless. She panicked even more when a red liquid surrounded them. It was so red, thick and vivid that she could not help but screaming when she lost her sight of Alastair. She tried to pierce the sphere with her fingernails, but she stopped when the red liquid entered the sphere. She had not managed to pierce it, but the liquid seemed to be able to enter by some force. She cried and wept when she flipped upwards in the sphere, trying to keep away from the liquid which was filling the sphere. She could not take it anymore and fainted the same moment when she was engulfed by the red liquid. Alastair...

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

She panted heavily as she clutched her chest where her heart was. "I... thought.... you...were.... dead..."

"My lady..." Natalia brought a goblet of blood near to lady Monroe's lips, her hand shaking slightly because of the earlier incident. But lady Monroe slapped her hand, totally ignorant of the goblet, which flew across the parlor, spilling out blood which splattered at the wall as soon as the goblet hit it.

She managed to sit up properly even though the heart attack and shock she had encountered earlier. "You...vanishing....and turning up after twenty years of absence-"

"Mother, I had no other choice, I had to-"

"You are registered as deceased....oh good lord...He must have resurrected from the dead.."

"Seriously, mother, I stage-managed my death-"

”...And then you thought you could step in here as if it was joke!" Vladimir spoke angrily.

"Seriously, I would never joke about it. I had no other choice than to make everyone to believe that I died and flee the country..."

"What happened to Isabelle?!"

"She was killed in the war..."

It was a warm and sunny summer afternoon. The bushes hold ripe and juicy berries and bees and butterflies were fluttering around. A little chubby girl was running around, giggling of excitement. She tripped and fell but was soon lifted up by strong arms high in the air. A familiar face grinned towards her...

It was all a dream, yes, travelling to Venice and being drowned in the sea...I am here with my father and nothing or no one is able to hurt me....

“. . .I told you that one day, I’d find you and hurt you, even more than you’ve hurt me.”

A pale, thin lady stood tall in the shadows as Aislinn slowly opened her eyes. She wore a long black dress with a plunging V-neck cut and a slit in the side which reached her thigh. Aislinn was cold and dripping wet. It was not a dream... She thought panicked when she discovered that her hands were cuffed and that her ankles were bound with chains. She looked up and saw Alastair in front of her, but far away from her reach.

“Valletta? Is that your wicked voice I hear?” Alastair said apparently recovering from the sedative rather quickly. His voice was calm as he spoke.

Aislinn looked confused as she wondered if he had known that he had an enemy in Venice.

“Why... yes.” Valletta said, stepping out of the shadows to show herself properly.

Aislinn almost gasped of surprise. For a second, she thought she was seeing Luna in blood red hair like Macnair. She shook her head to clear her mind. No that cannot be Luna, besides Luna would never dress that way…and I can see on this woman that she is a vampire, she is just as thin and tall like my relatives...

“I’m going to make you pay. This is my revenge.” Valletta said in a dangerously quiet voice as she moved to stand behind Aislinn, who gulped of fear. She is not going to bite, is she? She thought panicked.

“Although you quarrel with me, I see no need to involve others. Why did you bother with bringing her as well?” Alastair asked coldly, nodding toward Aislinn.

“Do you have feelings for this girl?” Valletta asked.

Aislinn met Alastair's gaze calmly. Just as I earlier thought. I have a rival who had been plotting me... She almost stopped to breath when she felt the sharp edge of a dagger against the skin of her throat.

“Tell me.” Valletta threatened, “…Do you?”

“No.” He stated calmly. “She is merely another toy for me."

Aislinn's eyes widened in shock. Why...why did not my instincts warn me about this, was I blinded by his charm that I did not listen to my instincts? no of course not, I never had a bad feeling about him...

"You know how I look at ladies. . . Like games. You know as well as I that, just as vampires’ hunger for fear in their victims, I hunger for love in mine. This young lady has never experienced love before, so I felt it would be such an interesting game to play. She was so blinded by her own love that she couldn’t see I didn’t return her feelings.” He said.

It was as if he had slapped her hard on her face.

“So, if I killed her now, you would feel nothing?” Valletta said, disappointed.

She waited a moment, but neither his face, nor his voice changed when he said “No. Kill her now, if you like, but do it quickly. I am certain that her heartbreak is causing her enough pain as it is."

Aislinn looked down at the floor, her eyes filled with tears which almost blurred her sight. Her tears slid down her cheeks and fell soundlessly at the floor. She was so distracted with crying and of her own thoughts that she hardly paid attention to what Valletta was doing. She watched the tiny puddle of her tears growing slowly at the floor as she cried silently. I was so foolish, why didn't I decline him when he invited me for the dinner a couple of days ago? Why did I not satisfy myself with only one dance with him at the party last night? Why did I not decline him earlier this morning and remained with Luna instead for following him on this trip? I have no other than myself to blame for being so foolish and blind. How could I fall for this? Why didn't my instincts warn me about this the first time I met him? Because your instincts told you that he was someone you could trust, and you listened to your instincts... She looked up and discovered in horror what Valletta was doing to Alastair. He did not say such horrible things to keep her away, from me, did he? Fool, what a fool, he is just going to die, why did he sacrifice himself for me…? …Because he loves you...But how is he going to survive? She will devour all his blood in the matter of seconds and then turn back to me...if he loves me, why did he not confess his love for me from the beginning?-

Right at that moment, the room began to shake like an earthquake was starting. Aislinn curled up in a fetal position as if she was trying to protect herself. Items from the next room could be heard as they shattered, hitting the floor. She was panicking again, being worried that either the ceiling would fall down at her or that the floor would crash down. Then, as suddenly as it had come, it stopped.

“Hello, everyone.” Raven smiled. She waved her hand, instantly releasing Alastair and Aislinn from their restraints. Aislinn could not help but crying of relief. She could not tell how revealed she was to see Raven again. Alastair immediately ran to the other side of the room to help her to her feet
“-please forgive my lateness. I fear it has cost you so much. How shall I repent?”

Aislinn looked down at the floor, her tears were running down her cheeks silently. Her legs were numb. She did not know what say and remained silent.

“Let us leave this place, then we shall discuss all other important matters.” Alastair said pointedly.

I wonder what time it must be; I wish we could travel home by instance…but he has some business to take care of....

“In case you didn’t show on time, I had another plan.” Alastair smirked coldly in Valletta’s direction. “I put a small amount of garlic in my blood by way of a difficult charm. It kept the garlic in one area, while the rest of my blood flowed freely. It didn’t affect my heart, but it did affect her. If you hadn’t come, she would have been dead soon. Now-“ He turned to Aislinn. “I am certain you have questions; I will answer them all in the carriage, just as Raven will answer all of my questions as to why she was late.”

Aislinn remained silent once again. She was cold and freezing because she was dripping wet of the swimming. She literately hugged herself, shivering of the cold.
I don't have any energy to ask him questions as if it had been trivial matters. If he cares about me, he will explain himself...

"No....Out...of question..." She panted heavily, pronouncing every word with such force. Her heart was still beating abnormally and unevenly. "I....." She clutched the armchair as she felt a sudden scathing pain in her heart which soon was gone the same second it had appeared.

"She believes that you are dead, so how do you think she will react if she discovers that you have been alive all this time-?" she continued after she had calmed down a bit. "She did not take it easily when she reunited with us!"

"What the bloody hell do you mean? I left her in your care!"

"And we were not allowed to keep her. The authority took her away from us when the war ended. If you had not been playing dead and instead remained in the country-"

”...I would have ended up in Azkaban, it would not have done any #&@! difference!"

"Oh, good lord, watch your language, son!"

"It is thanks to the recent change of the Minister of Magic, that I could leave my hideaway. I have been following the news since the end of the war, I have been waiting so much for this day to come…the day of which everything changed and I did not need to hide anymore...I have already seen her by the way..."

Everyone gasped.

"I saw her in Transylvania, my sweet little princess.... just as insane as her mother... " He laughed.

"Oh my.... oh lord..."

"If it's someone who is insane, then it is you!"

"Tsk talk to yourself… I did not reveal my existence for her..."

"Enough… enough...why must you two quarrel? Son show some respect to your uncle, please.... Natalia, a goblet of blood please, I cannot take this anymore..."

Alastair looked at Aislynn with a concerned face, and wrapped a comforting arm around both her shoulders from behind, leading her to the carriage. Perhaps I went a bit too far?. . . No, it was for her safety, so she will understand completely. If Luna had been in the same position, I would have understood her intentions immediately. . . Without hesitation or confusion. . .

A second later, he felt Aislynn shivering, and summoned his wand, along with Aislynn's. He raised it to Aislynn's body, and within a moment she was both warm and dry. He tucked her wand into her pocket, and sighed in relief as they approached the carriage, which had been waiting outside the dreadful place. "I shall deliver a full explanation. . . “He said, his tone apologetic. He gestured for her to sit on one of the chairs, which he transfigured into a comfortable sofa. He conjured a warm and fuzzy blanket for her, and nodded to Raven. She closed the carriage door on them, but not before pointing her hand at the table nearest to them. Two steaming mugs appeared, and Alastair handed one of them to Aislynn; it was filled with hot chocolate.

"I will begin by expressing my sincerest apologies; I was merely lying to Valletta to keep her away from you. In truth, I do love you. “He said. The look in his eyes was so warm it could melt the largest of icebergs. "I never meant for you to get caught up in all of this. The business I had been with Valletta. However, she didn't keep her end of the bargain. We had agreed to meet at nine, and handle any business we had. "In truth, I had meant to end her. "But she found herself growing impatient, and she broke our deal. In order to explain what that was, I would need to tell you a long and detailed story of her past with me. Do you feel well enough to listen with your fullest attention?" he looked patiently into her eyes.

"Very well. " He used his wand to retrieve a memory, and then summoned a silvery Pensieve from a cabinet.

Raven had stored it there as Alastair had instructed earlier when planning the trip; if all had gone well, he would have explained everything to her properly. But Valetta had gone back on her deal with Alastair to handle her business with him in a professional manner, without involving anyone else, on the agree upon time.

"I must ask you to enter with me, and there you will find that no questions will go unanswered, I promise you." he said. His eyes showed that he truly wished her forgiveness; he didn't want to lose her to a foolish lady who only thought of herself.

It was very comforting when Alastair wrapped his arm around Aislinn's shoulders. She wiped away her tears as he led her to the carriage. She mumbled a thank you when she both warm and dry and received her wand back.

"I shall deliver a full explanation. . . " he said, his tone apologetic. He gestured for her to sit. She sank down in the soft and comfortable sofa. She looked thankfully towards him as she covered herself with the warm and fuzzy blanket, which he conjured for her, and took the steaming mug of hot chocolate when he handed it her. She took a sip, feeling the warmth of the chocolate spreading everywhere in her body, making her to relax.

"I will begin by expressing my sincerest apologies; I was merely lying to Valletta to keep her away from you. In truth, I do love you. " he said. The look in his eyes was so warm it could melt the largest of icebergs. She looked at him with big round eyes and then blushed deeply, feeling so touched by his words and the warm look in his eyes. Oh...I merely concluded that his intention was to save me, but I was not thinking clear back then....

"I never meant for you to get caught up in all of this. The business I had was with Valletta. However, she didn't keep her end of the bargain. We had agreed to meet at nine and handle any business we had. But she found herself growing impatient, and she broke our deal. In order to explain what that was, I would need to tell you a long and detailed story of her past with me. Do you feel well enough to listen with your fullest attention?" he looked patiently into her eyes.

"Yes... I'll give you my fullest attention" She replied quietly as soon as she had finished her hot chocolate and put down the mug on the table

"Very well. "

"I must ask you to enter with me, and there you will find that no questions will go unanswered, I promise you." he said. His eyes showed that he truly wished her forgiveness.

"Of course, I'll enter with you," She replied calmly
. I am glad and thankful that he is showing me a memory, which I was expecting, instead for telling me the whole story with just words.

“But there must have been a reason.” Luna said coldly. “Tell me why you wanted me so badly.” She stood in her bedroom, wearing the necklace that had the Resurrection Stone, the ghost of Cerberus DiVilliers stood in front of her, a loving look in his eyes. “Because you remind me of someone I once loved dearly.” He sighed, reminiscing.

“Who?” Luna asked. Although her face was emotionless, her tone was curious.

“Valetta Collins.” Cerberus breathed. In reply to Luna’s questioning glance, he added “Her appearance was similar to yours in many ways.”

Aislynn and Alastair fell through darkness, the latter keeping a protective eye on the former. When they landed, Alastair put a warm hand on Aislynn. “Are you alright?” he asked.

Only after she replied did the memory form.

A slightly younger version of Alastair walked along a dark, foreboding–looking street late at night, his wand held tightly in his right hand. The only sounds where that of a nearby pub as the customers, mostly men, laughed and talked loudly.

“Help me, someone! Please!” A lady’s voice echoed from a distant street.

Alastair froze, then turned left, lighting his wand as he went. He ran swiftly through three different alleys, his face determined.

“Please!” the lady screamed again, her voice much nearer now.

The sound of someone’s hand hitting flesh was heard, and the woman gasped in pain. “No one’s going to help you, lady. If you didn’t’ want this treatment you shouldn’t have been out so late.”

“And what, may I ask, where you doing out so late?” Alastair asked, finally coming across the right alley.

He immediately disarmed the man, who had been holding the lady against the wall while necking her.

“Hey, who do you think you are?!” the man yelled, showing his fists toughly.

“I am a demon from hell, sent to take you back with me.” Alastair said darkly, moving forward so quickly that the man didn’t have time to react. Alastair grabbed hold of the man’s shirt and flung him across the floor. He hit the nearest wall and yelped in pain. Without hesitation, Alastair neared him again and placed both of his hands on the man’s head, turning it sideways with a sickening crack. “May you find remorse in your actions as you rest in the fires of hell.” He said, bowing slightly to the man’s corpse. “Well, are you alright, miss?” Alastair asked, turning around to face the woman, who looked even more frightened than before.

“Yes…Who are you?” she asked fearfully.

“No one that will treat you like him, I can assure you.” Alastair answered charmingly. “Who are you?” Once again, it was clear that he wasn’t trying, but that his charm was coming naturally.

“My name is Valetta Collins.” Valetta smiled, stepping into Alastair’s wand light. “Who are you?” she asked again, this time less fearful.

“My name is Alastair DiVilliers. Pleasure to meet you, Miss Collins.” He smiled, kissing her hand. “However did you get yourself into this situation?”

“I became lost searching for a pub my friend recommended…” she sighed, embarrassed. “It’s like a maze here.” She said defensively as she looked around.

“The pub of which you speak is further west.” Alastair said, pointing to the way he had come. “However, it is not a place for a lady. ”

“Thank you. What were you doing here?” she asked curiously, looking Alastair up and down. “You look like you’re going to a Gothic costume party.” She remarked, seeing as he wore the same Gothic formal ware that he did in the present.

“Hah.” Alastair laughed softly. “I wear these clothes normally, for I have a fondness for them. As to where I was going-” he offered Valetta his arm “-I was on my way to an orchestra that is currently touring. I hear they have such wonderful music. Would you like to accompany me? I am certain you’d find it enjoyable.” He added smoothly.

“…Yes, thank you.” Valetta smiled, hesitantly taking his arm.

The memory changed to show Valetta sitting at a seat in the front row at the symphony. The curtains hadn’t yet risen, and there was a vacant seat beside her, which she eyes every minute or so. The curtains were raised, and Valetta’s attention was drawn from the vacant seat at once: Alastair was sitting in the one of the performers’ seats, holding a violin. Valetta watched the entirety of the performance, her eyes on Alastair the majority of the time. At the last song, Alastair played out a large part of the crescendo, bringing Valetta to tears at his passion. The final note lasted for a full ten seconds, during which all of the audience’s eyes were on Alastair. A shot was fired before Alastair could finish the final note, causing several women to scream and many more to faint.

“He’s dead!” a woman from one of the balcony’s gasped. “My husband is dead!”

Everyone rose from their seats and began scrambling to leave the room.

Valetta stood outside the grand hotel, worriedly scanning the crowds for Alastair.

“Looking for me?” Alastair asked from behind her.

“I was so worried about you!” Valetta exclaimed, relieved to see him alright.

“Why? We’ve just met, so you have no reason to care about me.” Alastair said quietly.

Before Valetta could answer another woman walked toward Alastair. “You were wonderful!” Sheila smiled, holding her hand out for Alastair to shake.

He shook her hand and nodded, answering her smilingly. “And you as well. I couldn’t have done it without you. Ms. Valetta Collins, this is Ms. Sheila Magnus.”

”Pleasure to meet you.” Sheila smiled formally, holding her hand out to Valetta.

“Nice to meet you as well.” Valetta said awkwardly as they shook hands.

“Well, may I drive either of you home?” Alastair asked politely.

“Yes, thank you. My car is in the repair shop, again.” Sheila breathed, rolling her eyes as if it was something that happened too often.

“Yes, please. ” Valetta smiled gratefully.

“Well, off we go, then.” Alastair nodded, turning around to walk briskly to the end of the street.

“Is he always like this?” Valetta quietly asked Sheila.

“Yes…So charming and smooth.” Sheila breathed admiringly.

They walked until they reached the end of the street, coming to a stop at an intersection with cars busily moving past. Alastair turned right, and walked along the sidewalk until they reached a small alley. He raised his wand to put an invisibility charm on the entrance to the alley so that they weren’t noticed, and then pulled out a keychain from his pocket. It had several keys on it, all of them silver and antique-looking. Besides the keys, there was a shiny black charm of a car, which Alastair unhooked from the chain.

He whispered an incantation as he set the charm on the ground, and Sheila carefully backed away. “You’ll want to give him a lot of space.” She advised Valetta, who backed away at once.

The car began gradually growing in size until it was the size of a slick Sedan.

“Doesn’t that get a bit old?” Valetta whispered to Sheila.

“Never…Alastair could do the same thing twelve times in one day without it getting old.” Sheila breathed, eyeing Alastair lovingly.

“Alright; please enter, ladies.” Alastair said as he opened the left door and gestured for Valetta to enter, closing the door after her.

He sat in the driver’s seat, by which time Sheila sat on the right beside Valetta. He started the car up, and pressed a button on the dashboard. Vivaldi’s Presto began playing as he drove toward the intersection they had passed minutes earlier. They drove through several busy streets, quickly weaving in between cars. Several times it looked as if they were about to crash before Alastair made another turn.

“Aren’t you going to get in trouble with the police?!” Valetta asked nervously, half yelling.

“Have you ever heard of the night bus?” Sheila laughed as they nearly crashed into another car while making a right turn.

“No.” Valetta answered.

“Well, it’s this magical bus that drives all around London, as 'dangerously' as we are right now. The reason no Muggle’s have stopped it is because it is invisible, and much smaller than it looks on the inside while it’s driving. Unlike the Knight Bus, however, Alastair’s movements are less impulsive and more planned…if you really watch him. “ Sheila finished dreamily.

“Oh…Thank you for the explanation…I feel much safer, now.” Valetta said, watching Alastair more closely. After a few minutes, she seemed to relax, and her memory of the car ride changed from stomach sickening to smoothly exciting.

“Well, I do believe this is your stop, Ms. Magnus.” Alastair nodded to Sheila, stopping in front of an apartment building on a quiet street.

“Thank you, I appreciate the ride.” Sheila nodded, bidding him farewell before gently closing the car door as she left.

“If you’d like you can sit in the front seat.” Alastair offered charmingly. “The view is much nicer.”

“Err…Thank you.” Valetta said politely, getting out and walking around to sit beside him. For a moment she merely sat looking out the window, lost in thought

“Would you mind giving me instructions to your home?” Alastair said, reminding her that she wasn’t alone.

“Ah, yes. Sorry.” She said, shaking herself. “I live in BlackCastle. It’s not too far from here. Do you know where it is?”

“Yes. We’ll be there in ten minutes.” He smiled, starting up the car again. This time he didn’t touch the button for the music, but drove quietly. “What’s on your mind?” he asked after a minute.

“How can you tell that I’m disturbed about something?” Valetta asked, surprised.

“Yes. There’s a distant look in your eyes that suggests you aren’t paying attention to your surroundings, but rather something more serious in your thoughts.” Alastair said calmly, his eyes not leaving the road. “Tell me what’s bothering you.” He said sympathetically.

“Well . . . I have a lot of questions…” Valetta began quietly. ”For one…Who is that lady, Sheila Magnus?

“We’ve been close friends for nearly three years, now. She was the one playing the crescendo of the last song with me at the symphony.” Alastair laughed. “I am surprised that you didn’t notice.”

“I didn’t...” Valetta sighed, reminiscing, “Your performance was so…passionate…Too bad it had to be ruined by the killing.”

“Ruined? A man was assassinated and you were disappointed that my solo was ruined?” Alastair said, slightly confused.

“It doesn’t truly matter; I didn’t know him. For all I know he was a corrupt member of the Ministry who did nothing all day but work for a corrupt system. ” Valetta sighed casually.

“…Perhaps he was…I didn’t know him, either.” Alastair said oddly, eyeing Valetta in the rear-view mirror, which he had shifted so that he could see her.

“Mr. DiVilliers?” Valetta asked after a minute. “Could I possibly…see you again?” Her tone was hopeful, yet her eyes were uncertain.

“As a matter of fact-” Alastair said kindly, parking in front of an apartment building on a noisy street “-I was about to ask you the same question. You see; there is an opera next Thursday, and I have an extra ticket with me. He smiled, pulling out two tickets with gold writing embossed in a cursive font.

”You’re not taking Sheila?” Valetta asked hopefully.

“No...” Alastair asked, eyeing her oddly. “She is not only the set designer, but also one of the supporting roles.”

“Oh, I see. . . ” Valetta said, slightly ashamed that she had allowed herself to seem jealous for a moment.

“I shall meet you at the front steps of your apartment building at six sharp, since the opera begins at seven. It lasts from seven to ten, with an intermission after the first hour and a half. ” He explained knowledgeably. “Do you have an appropriate dress for the evening?” he asked, opening his car door.

“Yes. “ Valetta nodded, and he closed the door to come around and open hers for her.

“Farewell.” Alastair smiled, shaking her hand gently.

“Goodbye.” Valetta laughed gratefully.

The memory changed, and Valetta and Alastair sat side-by-side at a balcony in the opera house. Valetta wore a modest, plain black dress with long sleeves, her hair in an elegant bun. Far below on the stage, Sheila sang with her lovely soprano voice in Italian.

“Here you are.” Alastair said politely, handing Valetta a pair of silver opera lenses.

“Thank you….But…What are these for?” Valetta asked quietly.

“They are used to look through so that you can see the performance better. My apologies for the lack of explanation…I didn’t know this was your first time.”

“It’s alright. . . I’m enjoying it quite well.” Valetta smiled, “If only I could understand what they were saying…”

“Try the lenses.” Alastair smiled.

Valetta nodded, putting the lenses to her eyes. A moment later, she put them down excitedly. “They have subtitles!” she breathed happily.

“Yes. I thought the charm would be helpful to you.”

“Aren’t you going to use a pair?” Valetta asked curiously.

“No…I can already understand Italian, as well as a few other languages.” Alastair said modestly.

In the next memory both Valetta and Alastair were in the car together, the latter driving in his usual swift way.

“How did you like the ending?” Alastair asked.

“It was so sad…Very moving…Do all operas end in sad ways?”

“Yes. The people that make them understand that happy endings can be predictable and somewhat hollow. A sad ending, however, leaves much room for emotion and contemplation.”

“How interesting…” Valetta smiled. “It’s refreshing to have someone like you who knows a bit about everything…It makes for a much more interesting conversation.”

“I’m pleased that you appreciate it.” Alastair smiled happily, taking a right turn.

“You know what was truly odd?” Valetta asked after a moment. “A man was shot while you went to the restroom. No one seemed to notice since the music was very loud at that moment, but when you returned he was gone…”

“Really? It must have been another killing…They’re happening all around the city.” Alastair said quietly.

”The rest of the drive passed in silence, until Alastair parked outside her apartment building.

“Goodbye, Alastair.” Valetta smiled when Alastair opened the car door for her.

“Farewell.” Alastair smiled with the slight bow of his head.

They shook hands, and Valetta started to walk away before Alastair spoke. “Excuse me?” he asked uncertainly “Could you come back here, for just a moment?”

Valetta stopped and turned around, “Why?”

“I thought I saw something on your arm, if I could take a look.” He asked, still slightly uncertain.

“Oh…It’s nothing…” she said, attempting to say it casually, but sounding nervous instead.

“Allow me, or else my imagination will make me mad as I jump to conclusions.” He said seriously, slowly advancing on her.

“Alright…It’s nothing like those…death-people that used to terrorize London, I swear.” Valetta said defensively, taking a step back. “I…fine.” She said, giving up trying to hide it. She pulled back the sleeve of her dress, to reveal the skin on her arm. Nearly every inch of it was covered in old cuts and bruises, which appeared to have been very deep.

“Oh my…Who did this to you?” Alastair asked, concerned. He lit his wand to get a closer look. “It looks as though it was an enchanted knife…the wounds cannot be magically healed.” He explained after trying a few healing spells. “Please…tell me what happened.”

“I feared I would have to tell you eventually…” Valetta said, embarrassed “I wore long sleeves every time we met, and I made certain that I only went out at night.” She sighed, then prepared herself. “I have three things that I’ve been hiding from you…Since you’re the mot understanding, chivalrous person I have ever met, I know you will understand.” She took another deep breath “Firstly, I am a vampire, hence my reasons for always only meeting you at night.”

To this, Alastair raised an eyebrow, but nothing else.

“…Secondly. I’ve been a prostitute since I was raped by the same man who gave me these-” she gestured to her scars “-when I was twelve…Ever since then, he has forced me to work for him.” A few tears escaped her eyes as she continued “That man that you rescued me from…the night we met…He was one of my …’customers’...I’m so sorry…” she sobbed. “I’m so sorry for lying to you…I just can’t hide who I’ve become…I…” her voice became incoherent as she began sobbing harder.

“I am so sorry that such a terrible thing has happened to you.” Alastair said gently, embracing her and handing her a handkerchief from his pocket.

“…You shouldn’t be sorry…You’re the only one who has ever treated me like something different from what I am…You taught me new things, and took me to wonderful places. And never once did you look at me like that man did…And now you’re never going to look at me normally…” and she began sobbing hard again.

“It’s alright; I will never think differently of you.” Alastair assured her. “I will continue to treat you as I have, trust me. It is because you have an appreciation for the finer things that I enjoy: that is the reason we have, and will remain friends.” He finished kindly.

“Thank you…” Valetta sniffled, taking a step back.

“May I ask you a question?”

Valetta nodded.

“Why is it, with all of your vampiric powers, that you have not yet killed this wicked man?” Alastair asked darkly, surveying Valetta’s face for fallacies.

“Because…he knows my weaknesses. He could kill me easily, with all of the weaknesses vampires have. That’s how he was able to control me; he says he always has someone following me, just in case.”

“Don’t worry about them now.” Alastair said protectively “I’ll take you with me to my home. The magical laws are different there…You could walk freely and not have to worry about anyone, anymore.”

“Where is your home?” Valetta asked, half worried, half excited.

The memory changed to show them both standing at a wide, polished window that made up one wall of a spacious office. Outside was a breathtaking view of London, the sky quickly darkening as the sun had just set.

“This is my home. I work here, and my bedroom is upstairs, along with a kitchen and a guest bedroom. It is enchanted against intruders so that no one can enter unless I know them well, or if they are related to me. Would you like tour of my home? “He asked charmingly.

“That would be lovely. “ Valetta smiled appreciatively, taking the arm he offered with a smile.

First was a beautiful parlor. Dark, hardwood floors, polished to perfection, and purple Victorian couches. Black, silk drapes and a large black diamond chandelier. A life-sized sculpture of a dragon, painted to form a striking likeness to a real one with shining black, and purple iridescent scales sat in the center of the room. A water fountain pouring four different varieties of liquid stood near the entrance. Many chalices with intricately carved dragons on the handles sat on a nearby table. Three doors led out of the parlor, one on each wall. They went through the door to the left, and entered a lovely, spotless kitchen. Every appliance was either black or silver, making for an organized look. He opened the fridge, which was filled with many delicious looking vegetables, drinks, and two pies. On the topmost shelf sat a casserole, which looked scrumptious.

They went back into the parlor, then through the middle door. “This is my office.” Alastair smiled, unlocking an elaborately carved wooden door. The office decorated with the same style as the parlor, with one exception. The ceiling was enchanted with a breathtaking design of stars and planets swirling around slowly, each planet glowing with its own unique color. The interesting thing was that none of the planets resembled those from the Milky Way, but rather another universe entirely. “I’d like you to keep out of this room.” He said seriously “I keep all of my information in there. I understand that if you really wanted to, you could easily break in, so I will show you that I trust you-” he magically burnt the key and vanished the lock on the door “-by getting rid of the security measures. I’ve known you for six months, now, and I am certain that if you wished to betray me, you would have done so already. ”

“I wouldn’t. “ Valetta smiled, pointedly taking a step away from the office.

“Very well.” Alastair smiled, and they went back into the parlor.

They went through the left door, which led to a polished staircase. Upstairs, through a candle-lit hallway decorated with many oil paintings, was a spacious bathroom and two Gothic bedrooms.

“Four posters and antique mirrors…” Valetta breathed admiringly. ”Did you decorate this place yourself?

“Yes.” Alastair smiled modestly. “I am quite fond of this style. Well, do make yourself at home. “Alastair smiled kindly, walking out of the room.” I have some dinner to make.”

“Really? You can cook as well?” Valetta asked admiringly. “Is there anything you can’t do?”

Alastair laughed, but he didn’t answer the question. “Dinner will be ready in twelve minutes.” He called from the top of the stairs.

The memory changed again. Alastair stood at the entrance of a tall apartment building in a dirty part of London, his wand drawn defensively. He unlocked the front door to the building, then started up a flight of crumbling steps. The interior of the building smelled of rotting garbage. Alastair lit his wand so that he could see where he was going, illuminating his cringing face as well. Two flights of stairs later, he came across a landing with two doors on either side. He unlocked the right one and entered quietly, putting out the light in his wand. He walked through a tiny, filthy living room with clothes strewn about and a foul stench that wasn’t immediately recognizable. Past the living room was an even smaller bedroom, where a man was sleeping on a bed, surrounded by more clothes and rubbish. The foul smell was stronger in here, as was the newer smell of cheap alcohol. Alastair raised his wand, and a flash of light came out; a silent Avada Kedavra curse.

”Wow.” a voice said from behind Alastair. “You just killed someone.”

Alastair turned around quickly, drawing his wand defensively only to find out that it was Valetta. “How did you?-” he began quickly.

“-I followed you. I was curious what you were doing out at one in the morning. ” She answered simply. “I’m impressed by what I’ve witnessed. First a break in, then you kill an un-armed man…How noble.” She said sarcastically, making a ‘would you explain?’ face.

“I think its fun to kill bad people.” Alastair said passionately. “That is my job; Sheila is my partner. We work for an agency that doesn’t take any prisoners, but prefers to kill the wrongdoers when the crime is large enough.”

“What did this…slob…do?” Valetta asked for lack of a better word.

“Do you know what that smell is?” Alastair asked, gesturing to the air around them. “It is the smell of a horrid Muggle drug called Phencyclidine. This beast was giving it to unsuspecting children to get them addicted, then invites them back so that he can sell them more. Wicked enough?“ he asked darkly.

“I do agree that is a bad thing…Horrible.” She added when she saw that bad wasn’t a bad enough word.

“Well, there’s my secret.” Alastair sighed, turning away from the man. “The man who died at the symphony: that was Sheila’s doing. The man who was shot at the opera, that was mine.”

“What about this man? You’re just going to leave him here? What about the evidence?” Valetta asked, confused.

"A team is sent after every murder to ensure that all of the evidence disappears.” Alastair said calmly, not looking back. “They also remove their memory from their families, or the families of their victims, ensuring that no inquiries are made.”

Valetta hesitated for a moment, then caught up with Alastair. “Hey…I was wondering...Do you think I could help you with your next…mission?” she asked hopefully.

“You’d want to?” Alastair said, interested. He had stopped walking to give her his full attention.

“Yes. I’ve never met someone who thinks killing is fun before…I always thought it was just me.” Valetta smiled. “I’d me honored to work with you.”

“Alright. However, there is one condition: You must understand that I do not think killing people is fun…Just that killing bad people is fun…Rewarding, because it can be explained as justice in the end.”

“Of course.” Valetta said. They both smiled, and they left together.

“My apologies for my lack of conversation.” Present-Day Alastair said as the next memory settled itself. “I simply forgot that I was watching memories…It feels as if I’m reliving them all over again.” He explained.

A large ballroom sparkled with the overhanging chandeliers set into the high ceiling. Golden railings and walls, smiling and laughing guests all drinking from glasses. Everyone wore a masquerade mask and formal attire, dancing about the room as classical music played.

“This is wonderful.” Valetta smiled, swirling around with Alastair.

“I am pleased that you are enjoying it.” Alastair smiled, dipping her.

“So, why are we here tonight?” Valetta asked excitedly. “Almost every time we leave the house someone is killed.” She smiled.

“Three men…We are here waiting for them to arrive. Sheila is upstairs keeping watch. ” he smirked, nodding toward one of the upper floors, where Sheila observed quietly.

“That’s really efficient.” Valetta commented interestedly.

“Thank you.” Alastair nodded modestly.

“Just a question, though...Shouldn’t we be at the top of a building somewhere, with binoculars and our magic ready?”

“Yes, but they won’t be here for another two hours. Sheila and I like to have fun while we carry out our missions.” Alastair finished charmingly, and the dance ended.

In the next memory Valetta and Alastair stood at the top of a large building, still dressed in their masquerade clothes. Alastair held the opera lenses he had given Valetta the night of the opera, intently looking through them.

“Here they come.” Sheila’s voice said.

Valetta looked around, startled. “Where is she?”

“My brooch-” Alastair smiled, pointing to a small brooch shaped like a black rose.

“Thank you.” He said, touching the brooch gently before letting it go. “These three men-” He explained quietly to Valetta as the men left the building “were proved guilty of a terrible crime overseas in the Americas…Suspected of people trafficking, especially with young girls, they fled the country hoping to avoid prosecution by hiding out…” raising his wand, he continued. “However, such evil shan’t go unpunished.” He shot two spells, before removing the lenses from his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Valetta asked, seeing Alastair’s worried face.

“I missed one…He’s getting away.” Alastair said, frustrated that he had missed.

“I’ve got it.” Valetta smiled, raising her hand in a ‘just you wait…’ gesture. She backed away from the edge of the roof, then ran forward, jumping off the top. Just when Alastair began to panic, she turned into a bat, flying all the way down in four seconds. She transformed back into a human right in front of the third man, smirking wickedly.

The man tried to run the other way but she raised her hand, flinging him across the street.

He gasped in pain as he clutched his stomach, spitting blood. “Please…I didn’t know what was going on…Please have mercy!” he begged, lying through his teeth.

“Mercy?” Valetta asked darkly, already in front of him again with a wild look in her eyes. “What’s that?” she laughed, using her hand to rip his throat out, blood splattering everywhere.

She laughed louder as she licked the blood from her soaked hands before sighing in satisfaction.

Pop

Alastair stood behind her, watching silently, his face difficult to read.

“Oh…I’m sorry…” she said, turning around quickly. “I forgot you were watching…I shouldn’t have lost control like that…” she said, embarrassed as she looked back at the corpse behind her.

“I have never seen a more beautiful thing in my life…” Alastair said quietly, his voice full of admiration as he looked into Valetta’s eyes.

“I…” Valetta said, unsure of what to say.

In one moment, Alastair had moved forward, and suddenly they were in a tight embrace, kissing passionately.

“I…forgive me.” Present-Day Alastair apologized, bowing his head in deep remorse.

“Valetta…” Alastair said as he broke their kiss a minute later “…I want you to always be yourself around me, from now on. This apologetic, kind persona doesn’t suit you….”

Valetta smiled and they kissed again.

“Let’s go home?” he asked lustily, offering her his arm as his expression implied why they would go home so soon.

Valetta took it slowly, and they apparated away. Back at Alastair’s home, he opened the door to his bedroom as they both laughed, eager for what was to come.

But what waited for them was shocking indeed; a woman lay on the bed, completely undressed. A thin bed sheet that showed her skin in ways that had clearly been meant to seduce a man covered her. “Hello, darling.” The woman smiled, sitting up slowly. The sheet threatened to slip off her, but Alastair turned away quickly.

“Oh, what’s wrong? You did say every Saturday, right?” she laughed. “I can’t wait for what you’re going to do this time!” she breathed eagerly.

“Get out!” Alastair yelled, quickly turning around and vanishing the woman. “I’ve never seen her before, nor do I wish to ever again.” Alastair said seriously to Valetta.

“How am I supposed to believe that?” Valetta asked, looking deeply hurt. “How could you-”

“You must believe me!” Alastair insisted genuinely “It looks as though someone’s trying to frame me!”

“Who would want to do that? You kill all of your enemies! You just wanted to have someone to play with while you were playing with me, didn’t you!” she said, feeling used.

“I-” Alastair began again, but he was interrupted by the sound of another man’s laughter.

Cerberus entered the room, laughing mockingly at Alastair. “My dear lady-” he smiled understandingly to Valetta “-what kind of man do you think he is? He’ll do justice by killing ‘villains’, but he’ll still feel lonely at night. Believe me-” he whispered sympathetically “-you weren’t the only one he was playing with. That woman…Sheila…and you were all part of a little game of his. You see; he finds it simply impossible to remain with merely one woman. His appetite demands that he have more than one at any given moment.

“How DARE YOU!” Valetta yelled, striking Alastair across the face. With her strength, he fell to the floor.

“You mustn’t listen to him, he’s-” Alastair tried to say, but Cerberus appeared beside him in a puff of smoke, putting a hand over Alastair’s mouth forcefully.

“It’s alright, Ms. Collins.” Cerberus smiled, muffling Alastair’s words. “You needn’t listen to anymore of his lies…It’s time for you to pay him back for his disrespect.” He finished, using his other hand to throw Valetta Alastair’s wand. Alastair struggled against Cerberus’s grip, but Cerberus firmly held him down. “Come, my lady.” Cerberus smiled, nodding toward Alastair “Show him your wrath…This womanizer deserves it.”

Valetta hesitated a moment, clearly fighting between objecting and agreeing, before moving forward with her hand raised threateningly, her eyes on Alastair.

“Valetta! Please don’t!” Sheila cried, suddenly appearing at the doorway.

In the moment that she had distracted both Valetta and Cerberus, Alastair had broken free of the latter’s grip and lunged for his wand, disappearing with a small pop.

“What have you done! He got away!” Valetta yelled, turning threateningly to Sheila.

“I couldn’t let you harm the man I love!” she cried, tears in her eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Cerberus asked calmly.

“I…I didn’t hear back from him after the mission. ..I wanted to make sure that all was well when I saw that the wards had been broken.” Sheila said worriedly.

Valetta looked at the both of them as if they were insane for having a conversation at the present time.

“Don't worry, we’ll explain everything to her.” Cerberus explained to Valetta. “She is just like you; she is in love with him, blindly wishing to protect him at all costs without knowing the danger of her affection.”

“What do you mean?” Sheila asked, looking as if she wouldn’t believe a word Cerberus said.

“And that…” Present-Day Alastair breathed as the memory faded and they returned to the inside of the carriage “Is why Sheila and Valetta were after me. Valetta lost interest in you when she thought you were another toy to me. But you see-” he said seriously “-you know that I am nothing close to the sort of man that my brother Cerberus described. All my life he has been jealous of everything I had. . . He had intended to take everything away from me, and he nearly did…Now, I am certain you must have many questions, so please ask away.” He said patiently. Cerberus was describing himself...filthy lecher.

As Aislinn followed Alastair through his memories, he strangely reminded her about Elias. A man loved and admired by every woman who met him. She had no doubt that other women than just Sheila and Valetta also loved him. Though the difference was that Elias was more an angel than a demon. While Alastair would attract women easily with his charm and kill with pleasure, Elias would perhaps on the contrary only kill someone if Luna ordered him to. Always making a fuss for her, being her lapdog. Aislinn could almost imagine Elias in front of her eyes, bowing to the ground and kissing Luna’s feet. Aislinn literary sneezed. It was not actually a sneeze, but something in between when she was trying to stop herself from laughing. It was not the right time to laugh. She shook her head slightly to stay focused as she followed Alastair in his past.

The further inside the memories they went, the more the events of Alaistair's past made sense to Aislinn.

“I…forgive me.” Present-Day Alastair apologized, bowing his head in deep remorse when his past self was kissing Valetta.

Aislinn rolled her eyes at his apology. Merlin’s beard… Is he serious? Apologizing because he kissed another woman in the past long before he met me…Then I must apologize to him about my past so called relationship with Sherwood and about my old childhood crush I had on Elias… She thought sarcastically and bit her lower lip to avoid laughing out aloud at her own thoughts.

She slightly shook her head to clear her mind. It is quietly understandable that Alastair think of me as a very sensitive girl, because I was mad at him for a moment before Raven saved us from Valetta.... Before Aislinn’s thoughts wandered elsewhere, she suddenly frowned when the past of Alastair lead Valetta to his bedroom.

Just chill Aislinn, you did not care about that kiss, so why do you care now?…….…..No, it is not that I care, I just cannot watch them..……..Good Merlin, he is not going to show me this part of his memory, is he? I do not want to see……. She was hoping that they would skip this part of his memories. That everything would fade in black and the memories would take a different path from here. As if the heavens had listened to her thoughts, the memory really did take a different turn on its own accord. What happened next took Aislinn by surprise. She almost gasped when she recognized a certain voice and a man not unknown to her showed up in the memories. Then everything happened quickly, and the memories ended when Alastair finally managed to escape.

“And that…” Present-Day Alastair breathed as the memory faded and they returned to the inside of the carriage “Is why Sheila and Valetta were after me. Valetta lost interest in you when she thought you were another toy to me. But you see-” he said seriously “-you know that I am nothing close to the sort of man that my brother Cerberus described. All my life he has been jealous of everything I had. . . He had intended to take everything away from me, and he nearly did…Now, I am certain you must have many questions, so please ask away.” He said patiently

She only looked at him, because she had no idea what to ask him about. She glanced absentminded at the bitemarks and dried blood on his neck. Any normal woman would have immediately shown her deepest concerns and taken care of her hero. But Aislinn was just sitting there, thinking as her mind tried to dissolve the memories of Alastair’s past. And above of all, yet she had to melt the horrid event when she had been trying to escape in the sea. She did not know what the worst was, to be in a custody of a vampire or being trapped inside nontransparent liquid. She shuddered when she concluded that the latter one was the worst.

It was only a matter of seconds until she finally understood. Alastair had been chased be two crazy women because they strived to take revenge on someone who they thought had been cheating and toying with them. It was to ridiculous. If the aftermath of the horrid event had not left her weary and tired, she would have been laughing out aloud. But Aislinn had barely energy to sit up straight, let alone to speak. Her exhaustion refrained her from laughing or even showing a slightly reaction. She scratched her head and drew her fingers through her hair, which now was straight and much more uneven in the length instead of the charming curls she had before the incident with Valetta. Aislinn remained quiet as she still did not know what to ask about. She had recognized Sheila from Alastair’s memories as the waitress woman who had given her the false portkey in the underwater restaurant. She had also recognized Aaron Glass in the end of the memories, which was the most surprising unexpected part of it.

Aislinn was tired, but not sleepy. The mug of hot chocolate had left her drowsy, but she felt that she could not fall asleep yet. She needed something else and she knew what she needed. Any other woman would now have dug deeper through Alastair’s memories, demanding to know everything, why he cheated on other women, if he cheated and if he still was playing these kinds of games, and when coming to a satisfying conclusion she would have sought comfort and love in his arms. To love and comfort and to be loved and comforted. But Aislinn was different. She was not any other woman. She had already come to conclusion as soon as the memories of Alastair had ended, and they were back in the present. He did not need to assure her that he was not the kind of man who cheated on women. She could tell that he was different from Robert. But what she needed at this very moment was firewhiskey.

Aislinn rose from the sofa without any word and walked straightly to one of the bedrooms where her suitcase was put. She opened her suitcase which had been stored with all of necessities for a trip. Between some clothes she had stored vials and small bottles of potions and of course a bottle of firewhiskey. She brought it with her as she walked back to the main room and resumed her place beside Alastair on the sofa. She had not uttered a syllable since Alastair had shared his memories with her. She conjured two glasses and poured the liquor.

She handed him one glass of firewhiskey and devoured her own at once. She filled her glass again. She did not know what to say or ask Alastair about. She did not have any questions to him even if she was pondering about his past. He had called Aaron Glass by different name and introduced him as his brother. Which also makes him to Luna's second brother...I wonder what happened to him… Aislinn suddenly thought. I have not seen him since the gala several months ago…. She shuddered at the thought of Aaron Glass and finished her second glass quickly to drink away her memories of him. She was about to pour herself a third glass of the firewhiskey when she finally came to her senses and noticed that she had not uttered a word since Alastair spoke to her. She quietly apologized to him.

“I am so sorry, but I have no question in mind right now. The encountering with Valetta was too much…” Her voice almost died out while she was thinking that she wanted to drink away the horrible incident but she quickly added as she put her hand on his: “It is not your fault…...Valetta is a coward and dupe vampire, not having the courage to protect herself against ill-mannered and evil humans but attacking the ones who used to be her friends....” Aislinn did not know what to say more and went quiet once more.

As she drank her third glass slower now, allowing the burning sensation her throat to pass longer than usual, she was wondering what Alastair was seeing in her. He had fallen in love with Valetta because of her violence way of killing her opponent. What is so special with me… Aislinn wondered, but she did not ask. Alastair had yet to prove his love to her. She had not been in love before expecting the crush she had on Elias when she was only thirteen, thus she had no experience in love. She had never given away for Sherwood, Vincent or the Bulgarian guest at Rosa's birthday party, who had tried to flatter her with an expensive ring, and she had immediately ditched Robert when he had tried to flatter her the first time. Now it was different with Alastair. She believed it was mutual love and not a one sided one. I am going to introduce him to my family first and of course ask my grandmother for advice in privacy...

For the first time in her life Aislinn wished that her mother was here with her

Alastair sat next to Aislynn, giving her his full attention. He did not allow himself to slouch, as tired as he was. What she must think of me now...Such a fool, she must think... With every second that passed in silence he worried that she may yell at him the next. He saw her face was weary when she stood and turned to her room. She must be so tired...Perhaps we will continue this discussion in the morning? I must remember that the fatigue I feel at the moment must be nothing compared to hers...I know it is all my fault that she was put through all this...Had I only went alone, all of this- but his thoughts were interrupted when Aislynn came back out again and poured them both a glass of Firewhiskey.

Alastair nodded his thanks when she handed him his glass, and politely took a sip. On the inside, he grimaced, once again reminded why he disliked Firewhiskey. On the outside, his face was emotionless as he drank another sip, then vanished the rest when Aislynn turned away.

“I am so sorry, but I have no question in mind right now. The encounter with Valetta was too much…” Her voice almost died out.

"My apologies; it was all my fault." Alastair said, bowing his head again in remorse. "I should not have invited you knowing that there was a potential threat..." and he went quiet as well.

“It is not your fault…...Valetta is a coward and dupe vampire, not having the courage to protect herself against ill-mannered and evil humans but attacking the ones who used to be her friends....”

"If, at this current time there is nothing worth saying, perhaps we should get what we can of a good night's rest." Alastair said after another minute. "I appreciate your willingness to give me the time to explain..." he bowed deeply "May you rest well." he finished, turning to his bedroom. I wouldn't be surprised if she broke it off with me in the morning...At least I had most of today to enjoy with her...And then there was Luna's party...Ah, my dear sister...

“Sleep well…” Aislinn replied him softly, mentally agreeing with him that they better should rest for tonight and speak tomorrow.

She remained sitting in the sofa, proceeding with her fourth glass of the liquor. She did not have on her mind about sleeping now but drinking away the horrible incident and drinking away her fears.
She remembered the last time when she had been drinking too much the first time. It was the night before the battle against Luna’s mother. Aislinn had been spending it with Rosa and Blaise. After the battle, the team members had been parted. Luna’s attempt on killing Elias, Blaise’s sudden death at the end of the battle and Rosa had been gone after a period. Aislinn had not seen her since the birthday party in December.

Now it was the opposite, she had first endured a kind of battle against a vampire and now she was drinking afterwards.

After devouring a fifth glass she suddenly rose from the sofa and stood up surprisingly pretty steady. I am not going to part from Alastair…. She thought determined. She wobbled a bit as she walked towards his bedroom. She stopped by his door to steady herself before she sneaked inside.

He was deep asleep, as she approached him silently. Foolish girl, you are going to wake him up… was her distant thought. She steadied herself against one of the posters at his bed as she carefully bent over him and kissed his forehead lovingly. She sneaked out as carefully and silently she could, feeling as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

She walked back to the sofa and devoured the rest of the remaining liquor. She started to hum on a cheerful melody as she wobbled to her bedroom. Instead for laying down in her bed she went straight towards her suit case and opened it.

She thought she had closed her door, but it was half open as she emptied her suit case and left it wide open on the floor and started to undress until she was only standing in her under-wears. She looked for a night gown to wear, which she had not brought with her. She did not even own a nightgown, but she was not thinking straight so instead she put on a black knee length dress with short puffy sleeves. She stuffed back the rest of her clothes in her suit case but she did not close it.

Instead she let it remain wide open on the floor as she brought a pillow and a duvet from her bed. She put the pillow above her stuffed clothes in the suitcase. She laid down and curled up in a fetal position and covered herself entirely with the duvet. She fell asleep with the thought that she was finally laying in her bed.

Last edited:
Alastair washed and dressed in a black night robe that he took out of his suitcase, in which everything was neatly folded. He also took out a dream catcher, which he hung on one of the pillars of his four poster. He soon fell asleep, dreaming a sweet dream where Aislynn and himself reconciled and forgot all that transpired that night. He was woken by the sweet sensation of Aislynn's kiss, although he feigned sleep so as not to make it awkward. When she left he laughed softly, I suppose this means she has forgiven me...My dream has come true... He sighed in relief and went back to sleep.

In the morning he washed and dressed in his usual attire, then went out into the carriage's main area. The carriage had landed in front of Luna's manor once more, but Alastair preferred to wait for Aislynn to wake before leaving her. He sat with his back straight, looking out at the window at the view of the manor and the sky, which was just beginning to brighten with the arrival of the sun, his pocket watch showing 5:49.

"Can I get you anything?" Raven asked politely, peeking her head though the door of the carriage, which she had somehow soundlessly opened.

Alastair looked at her, slightly startled.

"Oh...I didn't mean to startle you." Raven said, slightly embarrassed.

"No...I was simply deep in thought..." Alastair said calmly. "Do you have anything for a bad night's sleep?" he asked, gesturing to his eyes, which showed signs of weariness if examined closely.

"Yes." Raven smiled, raising her hand.

Within a second, Alastair felt as if he had slept for twelve hours, so refreshed and calm. "Thank you." Alastair smiled with the slight bow of his head. "That's much better....Also- “he said, standing up and walking closer to Raven "-If you could do the same thing to Aislynn, that would be prefect. “He said quietly. "As well as ridding her of the headache and slow-mindedness that normally plagues drinkers on the next day."

"I assume by the tone your using that you don't want her to know I will do magic on her?'' Raven asked curiously.

"Yes, thank you." Alastair nodded, sitting back down and conjuring a cold glass of water. "Farewell." I would give a lot of things for someone to have done that to me on a few days when I needed my full strength after a drinking night... Alastair sighed.

"Farewell, till then." Raven smiled, flying off.

Once she was up in the air she giggled at Alastair's last thoughts.

Aislinn was sleeping very deeply and did not wake up until the clock struck eight in the morning. She stretched out her legs and a big pile of the duvet had formed, covering only her head and upper body, while her legs were sticking out. She felt that the bed was very uncomfortable. She sat up, feeling strangely very refreshed. She was surprised that she did not have any headache or feeling the slightly weary. She noticed that the door to her room was open and then she caught a glimpse of Alastair sitting in the main room. She blushed as she quickly got up and closed the door. When she turned around to look at her strange bed, she noticed the mess on the floor.

The vials and the small bottles of potions were spread all around on the floor. Her suitcase was open, the duvet was half covering it. She suddenly realized where she had been sleeping. She was very embarrassed and hoped that Alastair had not noticed. She washed and changed to another dress,

06eb0c0840e71eab9a980124fe61697a.jpg

which was not wrinkled as the one she had been sleeping in. She hurried as she tidied and packed her suitcase, hoping that Alastair won’t have been waiting too long. She finally walked out from the room and greeted him with a smile and rosy cheeks.

“Good morning, did you sleep well?”

“You are still in the house?” She pressed her lips angrily.

“Isn’t it your sleeping hour?-“

“Not if you are running around in this house...Fearing what will happen with my dear girl if she suddenly encountered with you, it would be impossible to relax for any minute…”

“Seriously, you are exaggerating, I’ll keep shut in this room. I am fully aware of the consequences should I meet her in person. I-“

“But you cannot possible shut yourself inside this room unless if you had planned to build yourself a restroom or starve here..” She remarked dryly.

He remained quiet.

“This is her home, even when she is not always here, she might come and visit us sometimes. She could suddenly come today, thus you must not stay here...”

“I have important business to tend anyway, so I will be leaving very soon…” He muttered.

At the Manor

"You've been up all night?" Raven said, deeply concerned.

"Yes...I found it difficult to sleep when my brother may have not returned." Luna said drowsily. "Every time I went to bed, I found it impossible to stop my racing mind."

"Well, at least you can rest well now knowing that he's back without injury." Raven said calmly.

Luna seemed to relax a bit, but became stressed again a second later. "Did anything happen to the relationship between Aislynn and my brother?" Luna asked.

"No, they are still on good terms." Raven laughed. "Are you certain you’re his sister? You’re acting like his mother."

To this, Luna sighed, standing up from the garden bench. When she did, her head ached painfully. She gasped, clutching her forehead with one hand.

"One moment." Raven said. Out of the corner of her eye, Luna saw her raising her hand.

A second later, she felt better than she had all night, as if she had actually slept. "Oh-" she sighed, relieved "Thank you. " Luna said gratefully.

"You’re welcome." Raven nodded. "Is there anything else I may get for you, mistress?" she finished, bowing deeply.

"No, thank you. However-" Luna said, pausing slightly as she looked up at the rising sun and the still-dark sky "If I know my brother he hasn't slept well, either. If you could visit him and perform the same magic that just assisted me, he would be very grateful." Luna smiled.

"Very well." Raven nodded, "Farewell." And she flew off, into the dawn.

"I truly shouldn't have worried-" Luna laughed to Nagini, who was hidden in the bushed and had been silently observing the entire conversation. "-they were with an angel."

"I told you that from the beginning. “Nagini smiled, coming out from her hiding place. "Clean yourself up a bit...You're still wearing the same dress you were wearing when they left." Luna nodded and set off to her bedroom in a puff of smoke with a shower in mind.

In the Carriage

"Yes, and you?" Alastair said, standing up as his back had been facing her. "Good morning." he said calmly, holding his hand out to shake. What a lovely simple dress she is wearing...She must have been in a very good mood to dress up...Looks like Raven has done the trick. "Are you hungry for breakfast?" Alastair smiled.

"I can make you anything you wish."

“Thank you,” Aislinn took Alastair's hand, hold it for a little longer than she would have done with a handshake.

If it had not been because of the incident last night, she would had been thinking that it was weird to shake hand with someone who she had come closer to. She thought first that he perhaps was making up for the last night, by handshake, but then it also crossed her mind that perhaps people in relationships also shook hands with each other when they greeted. She was new to this and did not know much about it. She did not know who to ask for advice so that she would not embarrass herself. She had never seen Vivienne holding hands with Rockwood when they were students at Hogwarts. They graduated some years before her, and she did not see them until they joined Luna. And by that time, they were married and had a child. But since Aislinn was not really friends with Vivienne and hardly spoke with her, she could not just ask her for advice. To ask Luna was also out of question, after witnessing how she reacted when Blaise died and because she had been only humoring Elias. Aislinn hoped that she would see her grandmother soon.

“Well…” She laughed. She was indeed hungry for breakfast. “An omelet and a fruit salad would be nice for breakfast...” She almost bit her tongue to stop herself. She must remember how to treat Alastair and not ask him for too much. “Thank you,” she added, blushing.

A masked man entered the atrium where the death eater mark was hovering over the fountain. Several employees of the Ministry glanced at him as they hurried past him. It has been twenty years ago since they had seen a death eater wearing his mask. Twenty years ago, since he had been at the Ministry of Magic. He walked briskly towards the elevator, seeming to know his own footsteps as he made his way to the minister’s office. He knocked at the door.

“Come in,” a familiar voice spoke from inside.

“Long time no see, Shadowwalker,” the masked man greeted as he entered the office.

Alexander looked puzzled at the man who was wearing a death eater mask. This was not what he had been expecting. It was twenty years ago since they used to wear these masks.

“Who are you and what business do you have here?” Alexander found the voice of the stranger familiar somehow, but he could not remember to who it belonged. I have a feeling I have met this man once before...as if we have seen each other twenty years ago..

“I?” the stranger laughed. “You do not remember me? Tsk such a pity, but I do not blame you. It has been twenty years since. I came to congratulate you...” He gestured with his right hand. “You must be very lucky to receive this position after those twenty years…I guess it was not easy, was it? He sat down in one of the chairs in front of Alexander and made himself comfortable without waiting for receiving an invitation to do so. He placed one leg over his other as if he was sitting in his own office.

“It is thanks to the Dark Lord’s daughter,” Alexander replied. “You did not tell me who you are? Take off your mask, if you please.”

"Very well." Alastair nodded, gesturing to the carriage door. "Breakfast will be up within fifteen minutes. Do as you wish until then, when I will meet you in the dining room." he smiled with a joking 'don't be late' face.

He opened the door for her and they left together, separating a moment afterwards.

Alastair walked briskly to Luna's bedroom, knocking politely before he heard his sister's polite reply.

"Enter."

"Good morning, Luna." Alastair smiled, offering his hand to shake.

"Good morning, Alastair." Luna smiled, turning from the mirror where she had been brushing her hair to shake his hand before Alastair pulled her into a warm embrace. "I suppose you missed me as much as I missed you." she laughed.

"And I suppose you slept worse than I did." Alastair laughed back.

They laughed for another moment before Alastair broke their embrace gently. "I'm making breakfast. Anything in mind?" he smiled charmingly.

"No, thank you." Luna said, shaking her head slightly. "How is Aislynn?"

"Quite well. She still feels odd around me." Alastair said doubtfully.

"Don't worry...In time, she will feel as comfortable around you as I do." Luna smiled supportively.
So comfortable that I don't have to over-analyze what I say around you...When I'm around you I can speak normally, and I don't have to lie in order to be polite...

"Breakfast." Alastair reminded himself, making for the door. He gave Luna one last smiling look in farewell before leaving.

Elsewhere

"Good morning." Raven sad to Aislynn, bowing deeply. "Can I do anything for you, Mistress?"

Back in her room, Aislinn discovered that the beautiful handkerchief with all the seashells were gone. She remembered she had taking it with her when she had left the underwater restaurant. She was sure that she had attached it to her belt, but she must have lost it during the moment she was trying to escape. She sighed disappointingly but it did not matter anymore. She was happy that both she and Alastair had made it safely back, that she did not care about the seashells. Perhaps they returned to their home, the sea... She thought half amused.

She looked in the mirror and wondered what she would do with her short uneven hair. She had another hair potion which would turn her hair into those curls she had yesterday. But she wanted something else, something that would not remind her or Alastair about the incident. She picked another small bottle and read on the label Instant hair growing.

She did not have the time to visit the hair parlor in Diagon Alley within five minutes when she had wasted ten minutes on searching for the missing handkerchief and seashells, so she had to think about something quick.

"Good morning..." She smiled at Raven who was waiting for her order. “I do not need anything at the moment, I’ll be fine...” Aislinn laughed as she soaked her hair with the potion. Her hair grew within the matter of seconds. It was still uneven, but long enough to allow her to temporarily put it up in a hair-bun.

“I am obliged to?”

Alexander pressed his lips tightly. His guest was rude indeed.

“You do not like to show your face?” He asked, trying a different way to reveal the face of his visitor.

“Not really, I just do not have the choice……you see, I have been ‘dead’ for twenty years”

“Are you mocking with me?!” The right corner of Alexander’s mouth was twitching dangerously.

The masked man sighed.

“Please, allow me to explain…”

Alexander remained quiet as he watched the man picking out a small silvery bottle, shaped like a teardrop, from his inner pocket.

“I hope my memories will do?” He asked hopefully as he handed it over.

Alexander hesitated first before taking the small bottle. He did not take it with his hand but was using his wand to hold it hovering in the air. He did not trust the stranger. The content of the bottle could turn out to be anything else than a memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back