• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Aislinn was not only touched by Alastair's praise but also because he shared a secret, which he had never shared with anyone, with her.

"Serpents are supposed to be powerful, but also untrustworthy and good at using people. " he sighed. "I suppose that makes you feel odd around me?" he asked.

"No.." She smiled warmly. "Not really, because I listen to my instincts. It does not matter what kind of Patronus a person has. If I get a bad feeling about a certain person, I won't trust him or her even if the inner spirit of that person corresponds with a trustworthy creature....so uhm..." She paused as she did not know how to continue. I rather feel nervous when I am around him. This overwhelming feeling of butterflies inside me, I do not know how to explain it. I don't have the courage to tell him the way I feel about him... "..Well...when I met you the first time I....my instincts told me that I could trust you....and I do trust you...." She finally managed to say, and she was honest.

This was officially my first confession to him... though it is not enough, I must also tell him about myself....He should know who I really am before I confess my feelings to him....I spoke parcel tongue in front of him the first time we met when I thought Luna had disguised herself to a man because she has never told me if she had any family members or about her past, he might have been wondering how I have that uncommon ability...I brought Vincent with me to the event yesterday, he must have been wondering what kind of business or relations I have with vampires. But perhaps he does not wonder about it all because even if it is uncommon, some wizards and witches befriend vampires and make a good use of them just like when Blaise brought two vampires with him when we stormed the place where Potter's children were being hidden. Anyway, I will first share my own secrets with Alastair before I confess about my feelings...

Alastair raised his eyebrows, and was so overjoyed that he smiled and placed his hand on top of hers. "I cannot express my gratitude in the fact that you trust me." he smiled. "Where I come from, it is a great honor to give your trust to another. Thank you." he finished gently. After such a short time . . . She doesn't seem the type to trust people easily . . . The foolish type, like Rosaleya. Not too distrustful, like Luna at the present time . . . However, I guessed her to be somewhere in between. I wonder what I have done to warrant such an honor?

"Aislynn?" Alastair asked after a few moments. "Are there any foods you dislike? "

"Hmm. I myself dislike black licorice, rosewater, and cardamom. However, any dessert that is over-sweetened can be added to that list. I am certain there are a few others, but none I can remember at the present time. Ah," he said, a second later, remembering another thing "Bertie Bott's every flavor beans! I dislike them as well."

"Are you certain?" Nagini asked Luna, eyeing her seriously.

"Yes. " Luna said.

"Why are you telling me this now, after all this time?" Nagini said frantically.

"Because Alastair just found her. " Luna said, as if it was obvious.

"No. He shouldn't be there . . . " Nagini thought. "You don't realize how bad her situation is. "

"If it was so bad, how come you never told me?" Luna asked.

"I just found out before they left. By the time I truly understood what had happened, they were long gone. Send them a patronus message. Tell them!" Nagini exclaimed.

"All right." Luna said, just then beginning to take it seriously. "I will." And she got out her wand to tell Alastair.

Aislinn's heart almost skipped a beat when Alastair placed his hand on the top of hers.

"I cannot express my gratitude in the fact that you trust me." he smiled. "Where I come from, it is a great honor to give your trust to another. Thank you." he finished gently.

"No need to thank me," She blushed as she smiled.

"Aislynn?" He asked after a few moments. "Are there any foods you dislike?"

"Yes, I dislike rosewater and anything that is too sweet. What about you?"

"Hmm. I myself dislike black licorice, rosewater, and cardamom. However, any dessert that is over-sweetened can be added to that list. I am certain there are a few others, but none I can remember at the present time. Ah," he said, a second later, remembering another thing "Bertie Bott's every flavor beans! I dislike them as well."

"I actually love licorice..." She laughed. "Though I agree with you that over sweetened desserts and Bertie Bott's every flavor beans are disgusting. I made a mistake once when I was thirteen years old and visited Hogsmeade the first time. It looked so colorful when I entered the shop which sold sweets. It was my first and last time I ever had Bertie Bott's Every Flavor beans. I still remember that time..." She could not help but laugh at her own memory. "I bought it and tasted it. The first bean was strawberry flavored, so it was not a disaster, but when I ate the second, it was horrible. I wanted to throw the whole package, but I could not because I did not want to miss the ones which had the best tastes, so I ate all the beans..." She laughed.

Alastair laughed as well as Aislynn concluded her story. "That is quite amusing." he smiled. "You could still eat them if you like; Luna was talking about a special spell that can identify the exact ingredients of anything. I am certain you could use it to identify the bean flavors."

They laughed for another minute, before Raven's voice was heard echoing through the carriage. "We've reached the halfway point! Only forty five minutes to go!" she announced cheerfully.

"Already? Doesn't time fly?" Alastair removed his hand from Aislynn's to reach into his pocked. He pulled out a small black pocket watch, with an ornate crest engraved upon the lid. Below it, where the Latin words: ad numquam traderet, diffidere, seu oboedire. He pressed a small button at the top of the watch, and the lid disappeared, turning into a puff of black clouds. "She's correct: it has been forty five minutes." he said, referencing the time: 12:45 He pressed the button on the watch, and the clouds reformed, gathering just above where the lid should be. Black rain began sprinkling from them, eventually re-forming the lid. The clouds themselves lowered, until they reached the lid, forming the crest. "My favorite gift." Alastair remarked. "Luna made it herself. Would you like to take a look?" he smiled, following her curious eyes.

"The words-" he answered "-Mean: 'To never betray, distrust, or disobey.' The crest, Luna and I made together." he pointed to the crest. The main frame was similar to the Hogwarts crest. However, rather than four animals, there were only two: Two long serpents, their bodies intertwining all around the outside of the crest on separate sides, their faces meeting in the center from opposite sides. Each serpent held something in its mouth: Luna's, to the left, held a wand, while Alastair's held a black rose. "Oddly enough, this was made before Luna knew about my patronus. In fact, she still has no knowledge of what my patronus is. I suppose the subject hasn't come u-"

Just then, Luna's silvery patronus soared through the window, and stared at Alastair. "Alastair." Luna's voice came. "I must speak with you urgently. Alone." she added.

"Please excuse me a moment." he said, leaving her with the watch and going into his bedroom. He quickly shut the door, and listened to her message. He came out five minutes later, with a calm expression on his face. "Nothing important at all. " he answered. "In fact, nothing I already didn't know."

"THAT was his response?" Nagini said anxiously, having overheard Alastair's return message.

"Yes. Simply: My dead Luna; nothing you need to worry yourself over. I have done my research well, and have concluded that it nothing that I cannot handle on my own. In fact, I am planning to do so. Please have a pleasant day, and remember that I do have Raven with me if you grow anxious. "

"I guess that will have to do." Nagini sighed. "Nothing could be safer than Ravenna at his side."

"Already? Doesn't time fly?" Alastair removed his hand from Aislinn's to reach into his pocked. He pulled out a small black pocket watch, with an ornate crest engraved upon the lid.

She looked curiously at the beautiful pocket watch as Alastair checked the time.

"My favorite gift." He remarked. "Luna made it herself. Would you like to take a look?" he smiled, following her curious eyes. Aislinn smiled as she moved a little closer to get a better view of the pocket watch. As she moved closer, she could almost feel the lovely scent of his cologne, the same lovely scent which she had felt when she had danced with him at the event yesterday. She tried focus at the crest as she suppressed her urge to sigh because of his lovely scent.

"What does the words stand for?"

"The words-" he answered "-Mean: 'To never betray, distrust, or disobey.' The crest, Luna and I made together." he pointed to the crest. "Oddly enough, this was made before Luna knew about my Patronus. In fact, she still has no knowledge of what my Patronus is. I suppose the subject hasn't come u-"

Just then, Luna's silvery Patronus soared through the window, and stared at Alastair. Aislinn almost jumped of surprise.

"Alastair." Luna's voice came. "I must speak with you urgently. Alone." she added.

"Please excuse me a moment." he said, leaving Aislinn with the watch and going into his bedroom.

She looked confusingly at him as he left but remained in the sitting room with the watch in her hand as she admired its beautiful ornament.

She looked up when he came out five minutes later, with a calm expression on his face.

"Nothing important at all. " he answered. "In fact; nothing I already didn't know."

Oh...if so then there's nothing to worry about then. The tone in Luna's voice startled me...

She smiled as she rose up from her place and walked over to him. "It is a beautiful watch, thank you for letting me have a closer look" She smiled putting the watch in his hands. "Well, it is still forty-five minutes left before we arrive," She added excitingly.

"You're welcome." Alastair said, taking the watch back from her. "Is there anything you wish to do within these remaining minutes? Would you like to help plan our day there, or would you prefer for me to leave it a surprise for you? For now, the only things I know for certain are that we will arrive in Venice at one, and prepare to leave again twelve hour later. I will need two hours to handle my business, alone, but that will be saved till the end of our trip. Other than that, there is nothing of importance I will need to handle. " He finished. "I do hope I haven't bored you." He smiled, adjusting his top hat.

"No not at all," Aislinn smiled. "On the contrary I enjoy being in your company." She blushed.
She was honest and truly meant it because she knew that he would never bore her even if they did not talk or if he had to be interrupted by and occupied with important matters.

"Well, I love surprises and it is my first-time visiting Venice, so I'll leave the plans in your hands." She smiled excitingly.

I thought that the whole day would be spent for business. I feel so overjoyed that we'll spend ten hours together to get to know each other better and that he'll just need two hours to handle his business. I can hardly believe it...

"Perfect." he smiled, pulling out a small notebook, and a miniature quill. He raised his wand to enlarge them both, and began writing quickly.

"All done." he smiled, five minutes later. "I assume you will be quite pleased with the results." he smiled, placing his items back in his pocket. "Have you ever been to Venice before?"

"I have. My father had business there, as well as Paris, Rome, Italy, and Spain."

Last edited:
"Have you ever been to Venice before?" Alastair asked.

"No, I have never been there, what about you? Aislinn replied when they had taken their seats.

"I have. My father had business there, as well as Paris, Rome, Italy, and Spain."

"Aha, I have only been in Transylvania." The word was out of her mouth before she had time to think. Oh well, I have no reason to lie to him anyway and he will know everything about me sooner or later otherwise it won't be any justice if I know everything about him and all his secrets when he does not know anything about me...

"I was there for family business..." She smiled but at the same time she regretted her own words as her face went red like tomato. Why the bloody hell did I say family business, I should only have said business, seriously… Merlin's beard, I’m such a clumsy person, will I be able to laugh myself through this?

"Uhm... I had issues with my cousin," She hurried to explain. "We had an argument before and when we did not manage to come to an agreement, he went away....my grandmother revealed to me that he had traveled to Transylvania. Anyway, even when I remained hidden as I discovered the place on my own he found out that I had been there since I left evidence in which I took a great risk in leaving but I never understood by then that I was exposing myself to danger. I thought everything was fine..." She laughed. "I never understood the consequences until my cousin scolded me for what I had done..."

Even if I am telling Alastair the truth it sounds weird, so weird...well I have no other choice than to continue...He might wonder why my cousin traveled to Transylvania. Should I mention that I am one quarter vampire and three-quarter human or is it better to tell that my father was a dhampir and my mother a human? I think the latter one sounds better and of course gives the impression that I am a human...

"Anyway, it was an interesting yet a tough journey," She continued when she had laughed good enough and calmed down. "I crossed the borders and went through northern France, southern Germany and then Hungary to enter Romania. When I planned my trip it never crossed my mind to ask Raven to take me to my destination. I did not know any direction to Transylvania so flying with a broom was out of question as well as using my Animagus form since I have not registered it at the Ministry of Magic" Another secret was out before she had thought about it. "Thus, I traveled with train until I reached Romania. There I asked a muggle taxi driver if he could take me to Transylvania, but he refused. You should have seen his terrified face when I mentioned that place to him..." She laughed. "As if he had seen a ghost.... well I bought a map to comfort myself and first I thought it was foolish and waste of money because it never crossed my mind that Romanian muggles would mark out Transylvania in their maps. I was surprised when I saw it mentioned and marked with a red line in the map. Perhaps they want to warn about that place..." She said thoughtfully. "Anyway, I had no other choice than walk. It was not that far since it is located in the central region of Romania. Besides I gave myself a good time of exercise so I should not complain about it," She laughed.

"Well...ehmm..." She cleared her throat as she prepared herself to explain for Alastair. "You may wonder why on earth my cousin went on a trip to Transylvania..." She looked carefully at Alastair as she gulped before continuing:
"Because of my father who was a dhampir...I am related to vampires on my paternal grandmother's side..." She did not know what more to tell and looked down at her own hands as she was fingering with her nails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alastair gave Aislynn his full attention while she told her story. By the end, he was quite curious as to why she had gone to Transylvania. And on her own, at that. However, he thought it impolite to ask, since he assumed she would tell him if and when she felt herself comfortable enough to do so.

"Well...ehmm...You may wonder why on earth my cousin went on a trip to Transylvania..." She looked carefully at Alastair as she gulped before continuing.

He nodded, relieved that she was going to tell him now.

"Because of my father who was a dhampir..."

Alastair raised his eyebrows, for he knew full well what a damphir was.

"I am related to vampires on my paternal grandmother's side...".

"I understand." Alastair smiled gently. "It is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about at all. In fact, I appreciate you telling me. I find it rather interesting. And, although I have never shared the same interest in vampires as my sister, I would like you to know that it makes me think no different of you." Alastair kept eye contact with her while he spoke. His words, his tone, his eyes: everything told her that he was telling the truth. "Now tell me:" he smiled wide, his joking mask on once more "Do you ever thirst for blood at the full moon?"

They both laughed, and when they calmed down, he checked his watch once more. "Twenty-five minutes left." he said, looking down through the window, at the scenery soaring beneath them. They were definitely not in London anymore.

"I understand." Alastair smiled gently. "It is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about at all. In fact, I appreciate you telling me. I find it rather interesting. And, although I have never shared the same interest in vampires as my sister, I would like you to know that it makes me think no different of you."

Aislinn sighed of relief and relaxed as she smiled gratefully at him. I was so worried that he would think of me as a monster. I can see that he completely understands me, thank goodness...

"Now tell me:" he smiled wide, his joking mask on once more.

She looked half amusingly and half questioningly at him.

"Do you ever thirst for blood at the full moon?"

She burst out in laughter and they both laughed, and when they calmed down, he checked his watch once more.

"Twenty-five minutes left." he said, looking down through the window, at the scenery soaring beneath them.

Aislinn glanced at him and followed his eyes as he looked through the window. He knows how to put a smile to my face, how to make me laugh. I wonder what surprises he has for me when we arrive in Venice, I feel so excited about it..

"It looks so different from London," she commented smilingly as she looked at the scenery beneath her. "I am so curious about Venice, the culture, the architecture, the food, the clothing and how the language sounds like...Do you speak Italian, by the way?"

"Yes, of course. I was taught to speak six different human languages fluently. Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese. I can speak three inhuman languages fluently as well: Mermish, Gobbledygook, and Yeti. I can also speak a bit of Vietnamese and Portuguese. " He said modestly. "I can read in six of those languages." he concluded.

"Do you speak any foreign languages?" He asked, as if he had merely explained what he had had for lunch the other day.

"Luna can speak Japanese and Mermish. I taught her both. " He smiled a moment later.

It was another few minutes before he spoke again. "I have a question for you:" he paused, smiling curiously. "If it were Halloween, and we were to celebrate, what would you dress as?"

It is most certainly not a Muggle holiday, since it was a witch who first invented it. Muggles merely celebrate it because that witch was foolish enough to share her idea with her Muggle husband, who loved to boast of his wife's brilliant ideas. Henceforth, we have the holiday that is commonly judged as a Muggle's party . . . It has always been my favorite.

"The reason I ask is because Luna has never celebrated it before. I wished to surprise her this year. " He smiled, a thoughtful look in his eyes.

Aislinn looked at Alastair with astonishment. She blinked several times when he enumerated the number of languages he knew. She was both shocked and impressed.

"Do you speak any foreign languages?" he asked, as if he had merely explained what he had had for lunch the other day.

"...ehmm...no, unfortunately I don't…I only know English..." She replied, slightly embarrassed. "I am impressed that you know so many languages," She praised him. My goodness, he is not only handsome and charming, he is also intelligent... She thought.

"Luna can speak Japanese and Mermish. I taught her both. " he smiled a moment later.

"Aah..." He must be such a good teacher that he is able to teach others languages as well...

It was another few minutes before he spoke again. "I have a question for you:" he paused, smiling curiously. "If it were Halloween, and we were to celebrate, what would you dress as?"

"Hmm...I would perhaps dress like a pirate..." She laughed as she wondered why he asked. "Well right now I am not sure, but with time I'll sure come up with a nice costume..." She smiled secretively, giving him the look of that she was going to surprise him at Halloween.

"The reason I ask is because Luna has never celebrated it before. I wished to surprise her this year. " he smiled, a thoughtful look in his eyes.

"Oh, I am sure she will love it," Aislinn smiled. "Beside Halloween, I also love masquerades...."

"I agree; they can be such fun." he smiled, taking mental note. After a short pause, Alastair asked another question. "Do you mind if I spend the remainder of our ride reading?" he asked politely, pulling out a small book from his pocket, which he quickly enlarged. The title read: The Wonders of Venice. By the ribbon that he used as a book mark, it was obvious that he was a chapter away from finishing.

"No, I do not mind," Aislinn smiled as she leaned back in her seat. She looked out through one of the floor length windows as she sank into her daydreams and thoughts. She was already planning and making up in her mind what she would wear for a Halloween party as well for a masquerade. It would be so fun to go shopping with Crystal for these certain occasions. I hope that the store The Darkest Creature stocks up with something that would be suitable for both a Halloween party and a masquerade ball. Otherwise I need to visit a different store to have customized apparels....

She glanced smilingly at Alastair who was reading and then looked back at the soaring clouds through the window.
I have never liked Valentine's day, because it reminds me about to sweetened desserts that makes someone puke. Oddly, I find dark themed masquerades and Halloween more romantic than Valentine's day....

Before long they began a subtle descent; they wouldn't have realized it had they not looked out the windows. Alastair smiled and closed his finished book, shrinking it to replace in his pocket. "Just on time." he said cheerfully as he stood to stand directly on top of the floor window. He gazed down excitedly, enjoying the scenery gradually come closer.

They landed with a gentle bump that they barely felt. Raven had stopped the carriage on the rooftop of the tallest building around, which was not very tall at all. "We have arrived." Raven smiled, opening the carriage door.

"Lovely." Alastair smiled. He quickly made for the door, then carefully stepped down. He turned around to assist Aislynn.

Once they exited, Raven waved her hand, prompting the carriage to disappear in an instant.

Alastair longed to leave and begin visiting all of his favorite spots, but he turned to Raven first. "Ravenna. I must tell you that I greatly appreciate your assistance. I do hope that you will have as good a time as we will." Alastair smiled.

"It was nothing; I am glad I could assist you." Raven bowed.

"One question before we leave?" Alastair asked carefully. "Those paintings inside . . . Where did you get them from?"

"I painted them . . . " she replied modestly.

"What lovely work!" he exclaimed. "So vivid and detailed. I would be proud to hang one up in my room." he smiled.

"Thank you. " Raven blushed. No one has ever praised my work before . . .

"Farewell, and thank you once more." Alastair shook hands with her before turning to Aislynn. "I have planned many places for us to visit. However, you must tell me first: Are you more hungry or energetic?"
Based on her answer, I shall take us to our first place . . . Whatever she chooses, we shall have a wonderful time, I know it.

Aislinn looked around with wide eyes when she stepped down the carriage. A beautiful and lovely city indeed...so different from London...

She smiled when she heard that Raven had made the paintings in the carriage. When we are back in London, I'll ask her if I could have the one with the slumbering dragon... Aislinn thought as she winked and grinned at Raven before she took her leave.

"I have planned many places for us to visit. However, you must tell me first: Are you more hungry or energetic?" Alastair asked Aislinn.

"Well, I am actually hungry," she replied sincerely and blushed as she remembered that they only had breakfast before they left but no lunch. I hope there will be pizza or any other Italian dish heheh... She thought for herself.

"Wonderful." Alastair smiled. "Shall we?" he offered his arm to her so that they could leave the building together.

They apparated to the front of it, where Venice's Wizarding town lay . . .

A wide canal stretched as far as the eye could see, eventually leading to the ocean. The canal was lined with several places, each meant for a certain purpose. Whether dining or painting, each one would be wonderful fun. Gondolas made their way up and down the canal, holding people; mostly couples who were chatting and eagerly pointing to places they wished to visit. Unlike Muggle Gondolas, these small boats magically rowed themselves.

"Here we are." Alastair smiled, pointing to a boat of their own. He carefully stepped in, graceful even though the boat rocked as he entered. He extended his arms to assist her, intent upon not allowing her to fall into the water because of poor balance, as he once had.

"Wonderful." he smiled. "Now, we will begin our journey. " he laughed, sitting down at the same time as Aislynn. The boat seemed to have heard him, for it began a smooth ride, gently making its way across the canal. Alastair looked at each place carefully, then made eye contact with Aislynn, "We will be there within five minutes; the place is a little way down. This is only one of Venice's three Wizarding canals. This one stretches on for quite a while, so it would be impossible to cover the best places within one day . . . Without an experienced guide, that is." he smiled, gesturing to himself jokingly. "Now, this canal is named: 'Glimmering Canal'; the reason it is called so will be divulged to you at around 5:00. For now, we shall simply enjoy the sights." he explained. While he talked, he kept eye contact with her most of the time, except for every fifteen seconds where he would briefly look around to ensure that they hadn't passed the place, yet.

"Yes," she smiled as she took his arm and they apparated away to the wizarding area.

Oddly, this reminds me about the boats which every end of the school year appears at the lake to take the students to the Hogsmeade station She thought. Though the boats here are for other purpose... She noticed that the most who were in the gondolas where couples even if she did not understand what they eagerly were chatting about. She blushed yet smiled, her heart skipping a beat, as the thought that she was literary on a date crossed her mind.

"Here we are." Alastair smiled, pointing to a boat of their own.

She took his hands and carefully stepped in the boat. The boat rocked again, and she let out a breath of relief that she had managed to maintain her balance with Alastair's assistance. I am glad that I chose to wear trousers and flats... she thought and wondered how on earth the Italian ladies have been able to step down in a boat with their gowns which had long and wide skirts.

She looked excitingly around her as the boat made its way across the canal. She was fascinated by how the buildings which surrounded them went through the water. There were no streets with fences to separate the buildings from the water. The canal must then serve as a road, so odd... she thought with astonishment.

"This is only one of Venice's three Wizarding canals. This one stretches on for quite a while, so it would be impossible to cover the best places within one day. . . Without an experienced guide, that is." he smiled, gesturing to himself jokingly.

Aislinn laughed heartily. A charming and handsome guide as well
"Aw, it must be very grand then, I wonder how many days it takes to visit all the places," she smiled.
I wish we could remain in Venice for several days to have time to discover more, but duty will call us back to London tonight. Perhaps another time, I hope...

"Now, this canal is named: 'Glimmering Canal'; the reason it is called so will be divulged to you at around 5:00. For now, we shall simply enjoy the sights." he explained.

"It would be lovely to see it by then," she commented excited.

"Do not worry yourself-" he smiled, seeming to read her mind, "-we will get the chance to come back here once more, and many times after that. There are so many places in this world you have yet to visit, and I shall take you to all of them, if you are willing to go with me, of course." he smiled charmingly, once again placing his hand on top of hers, caressing it slowly; gently.

"Here we are." he smiled, three minutes later. "Please wait for us here." he said, apparently speaking to the boat.

He carefully got off in front of a restaurant, the pillars and sign ornamented with several herb vines. He turned around to assist Aislynn once more, and looked back sternly at the boat before leaving. The boat seemed to have understood him completely, for it did not move an inch, but remained bobbing up and down in the water. He offered her his hand, and they entered the restaurant together.

"Ah, Mr. DiVilliers! It has been too long!" A young, cleanly-shaven Italian man greeted them in an Italian accent, extending a warm hand toward Alastair.

"Good afternoon, Loretto! It is lovely to see you. Would you give us your finest table?" he smiled, shaking his hand.

"Yes, of course! " he smiled. "You really lucked out this time! I have never seen you with a girl before! The one you had last time was a little . . . eeeh." he added, clearly attempting to be subtle, but failing to do so in his excitement.

Alastair nearly blushed, but said instead "We are here for pleasure. Please do not bring up any of our prior meetings, or any of my previous business transactions . . ."

"Ah, yes. I am so sorry." he said, red with embarrassment. He led them past several small tables, all with hand-carved wooden chairs. The inside walls were mainly square pillars, holding up the ceiling; there were no windows or doors, because everything was open. They followed him up a flight of even wooden stairs, onto a large open terrace which gave a lovely view of the canal and surrounding buildings. A small water fountain stood centered on the terrace, flowing blue water just like the canal. "Your table, Sir." Loretto smiled, gesturing to a table near the edge, but not too close.

"Thank you. Please come back within ten minutes. We shall have our orders ready by then." He said patiently.

"Yes . . . I will see you then." Loretto smiled, hurrying back toward the stairs.

"Please make yourself comfortable-" Alastair said, "And take a good look at the Menu. Luna always bothers about the prices, but do not worry yourself." he smiled, jokingly pointing to a plate of spaghetti on the menu, which cost 30 galleons. "I did a favor for the owner, Loretto. He doesn't charge me a thing for dining here." He said mildly.

"Well, his business was not working out too well. So, I offered to re-decorate his restaurant, from the hand-carved chairs, to the varied herb vines ornamenting the walls and pillars. Even replacing the kitchen appliances and dishes . . . Re-doing their entire menu . . . " at this point, he laughed. "Believe me, this place was unrecognizable. He owes me." he smiled.

"Well, I have tried everything here. When you have decided on your order, I will tell you if there is anything I wouldn't recommend. " he smiled gently. "Although, not many things here taste bad."

Aislinn almost forget to breath when Alastair caressed her hand.
"I would love to..." She replied shyly yet smilingly, her cheeks glowing red, when she had found her voice.

Three minutes later they had arrived and got off in front of a restaurant, the pillars and sign ornamented with several herb vines.

She took his hand and entered the restaurant with him.

"Ah, Mr. DiVilliers! It has been too long!" A young, cleanly-shaven Italian man greeted them in an Italian accent, extending a warm hand toward Alastair.

Aislinn quietly greeted him with a nod and then looked around at the decorations and furniture and the guests with wide eyes. She was admiring the beautiful decoration and the smell of lovely food was too distracting that she hardly paid attention to the conversation which Alastair had with the Italian man. She merely made a mental note that his name was Loretto and that Alastair had been with an odd guest in this restaurant before.

"Please make yourself comfortable-" Alastair said when they had walked up to the terrace and been led to their table. Aislinn took a deep breath as she admired the breathtaking view of the canal and surrounding buildings. "And take a good look at the Menu. Luna always bothers about the prices, but do not worry yourself." he smiled, jokingly pointing to a plate of spaghetti on the menu, which cost 30 galleons. "I did a favor for the owner, Loretto. He doesn't charge me a thing for dining here…" he said mildly.

Aislinn smiled as she sat down and picked up the menu to have a look. Hehehe... I never use to bother myself with prices... She thought amusingly as she remembered how she had mentally fooled Sherwood to buy her an expensive gown at Madam Malkins for the gala. But I would never treat Alastair the same, no, because I truly adore him...

"Ah, what kind of favor did you do that he doesn't charge you for anything?" She smiled curiously at him.

"Well, his business was not working out too well. So, I offered to re-decorate his restaurant, from the hand-carved chairs, to the varied herb vines ornamenting the walls and pillars. Even replacing the kitchen appliances and dishes. . . Re-doing their entire menu…" at this point, he laughed. "Believe me, this place was unrecognizable. He owes me." he smiled.

"That was very ambitious of you," She praised him smilingly. "Well, do you have any recommendation about the dishes here?

"Well, I have tried everything here. When you have decided on your order, I will tell you if there is anything I wouldn't recommend. " he smiled gently. "Although, not many things here taste bad."

"Ah," She smiled. "I'd like to have pepperoni pizza with extra cheese...I love cheese..." She laughed. "...and pizza salad and flavored apple soft drink."

She glanced at the prices in the menu and made a quick mental calculation of what she had ordered would cost.
About hundred and fifty galleons...well, Alastair won't be charged anyway heheh...

"That sounds tasty." he smiled. "I have no objections. " he smiled.

"I'm ready to order as well. " he spoke, just as Loretto had come up the stairs with a small notepad and quill for taking orders.

He placed Aislynn's order. ". . . And, for myself I'd like the Chef's salad, and the Fettuccine with extra mushrooms. Also, a small pizza, all vegetables and no meat, with extra pineapple. Iced water for the both of us, and I'd like a large freshly squeezed orange juice." he smiled. He spoke quickly, and Loretto had to write quickly to keep up. He was about to walk away when Alastair added. "Could you read it back to me?"

The waiter had managed to write everything down, except for the extra pineapple on Alastair's pizza.

"Thank you, I believe that will be all." Alastair said calmly.

"Yes, Sir. Right away. I'll be back in five minutes! " He hurried to say.

Alastair pulled out his pocket watch, pointedly raising his eyebrows before Loretto turned away. "I was wondering . . . " Alastair smiled toward Aislynn "Luna loves balls and dances . . . anything where you get to dress up, and playing music. Raven loves painting, and singing when the audience is right. That makes it easy to plan surprises for them. I'd like to know what you love to do. It is quite alright if you are uncertain: that simply means that we will have to try many new things." he finished with a twinkle in his eyes.

"We won't be ordering dessert from here; their desserts are fine, but not the best. Another place would be favorable, but we'd have to wait until about four-thirty. Do you mind? I'd much rather dine there when it comes to desserts. "

"Look at me; I'm talking your ears off, I'm sure. My apologies." he laughed. "I can get carried away . . . "

"I was wondering. . . " Alastair smiled toward Aislinn "Luna loves balls and dances. . . anything where you get to dress up and playing music. Raven loves painting and singing when the audience is right. That makes it easy to plan surprises for them. I'd like to know what you love to do. It is quite alright if you are uncertain: that simply means that we will have to try many new things." he finished with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Well...ehm...I love going to parties and masquerades, dancing....and I also love shopping, even if I do not buy anything most of the time, I love to browse through items in a shop. I also love to travel and discover new places....," She blushed deeply as she replied him, though not because of what she had told him but because of a thought that had just crossed her mind. I love going to spa and relaxing in a bubble bath with candles and.., but..but...I cannot tell him that because I have a feeling that he asked me because he would do the things I love together with me...and it would be complicated with bubble bath or spa... She thought embarrassed and picked up the menu again to distract herself with something else so that she could forget what she had just been thinking about.

"Hmm...they don't have so many desserts..." Aislinn said after eyeing the menu again.

"We won't be ordering dessert from here; their desserts are fine, but not the best. Another place would be favorable, but we'd have to wait until about four-thirty. Do you mind? I'd much rather dine there when it comes to desserts."

"Sure..." She smiled, not minding having a dessert later.

"Look at me; I'm talking your ears off, I'm sure. My apologies." he laughed. "I can get carried away… "
"It is alright," she laughed heartily. "They don't have any ice cream on the menu anyway and besides there's only names on few desserts, I'd prefer to see the desserts displayed and not only names of them. I tend to choose desserts depending on how appetizing they look." She smiled.

"Hmm. I tend to agree. Though, if you know the dessert well, you don't need to see a picture of it. Cheesecake, for instance. It is easy to picture it."

He stared off, enjoying the canal until the food arrived, When it came, everything was cooked and flavored to perfection. He held up his glass before they began eating, and smiled at Aislynn.

"To my new friend, Miss Aislynn." he toasted, then they drank.

During the meal, Alastair used the same manners and decorum that Luna used. However, he ate much more than she did, and a bit faster.

"How is it?" he smiled, once they had both tasted everything.

"I am glad you are enjoying it. I do suggest you try a slice of the pineapple pizza." he smiled, cutting her a slice then placing it neatly in her place by way of levitation.

Alastair held up his glass before they began eating and smiled at Aislinn.

"To my new friend, Miss Aislynn." he toasted, then they drank.

Aislinn smiled happily in return and took a sip of her drink before tasting the delicious pepperoni pizza. She loved the taste of the melted cheese.

"How is it?" he smiled, once they had both tasted everything.

"It's delicious," She smiled.

"I am glad you are enjoying it. I do suggest you try a slice of the pineapple pizza." he smiled, cutting her a slice then placing it neatly in her place by way of levitation.

Aislinn was about to politely decline him but the slice of pineapple pizza was already on her plate.
"Thank you," She smiled. "Would you like to try slice of pepperoni pizza?" She blushed as she levitated him a slice as well and thought that they were sharing food like couples. She tasted the slice of pineapple pizza and find it delicious.

"Mmm, it tastes good," She smiled and took another sip of her drink before she continued to eat. Since she was a fast eater, though still keeping a good manner and etiquette during the meal, she had devoured half of her pizza within a few minutes. She glanced nervously at Alastair and hoped that he won't find it odd that she was eating so fast. She remembered the first time when they had dined together. They had not been sitting so close in front of each other like now. And she had been trying to eater slower than usual when they had breakfast together the first time. She had suddenly become so comfortable with him that she had forget to try to eat slowly. But when she noticed that he was a fast eater as well, she relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back