• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Are you certain?" Raven asked politely. "I could help you with your hair if you like. “She offered eagerly.

In the dining room

Alastair set the table for three people; Aislynn had her fruit salad and omelette, Alastair with his bacon, eggs, and toast, and Raven's plate, for whom he had kindly made a plate of fluffy waffles with whipped cream, syrup and fresh fruit as toppings. He checked his pocket watch again. Fourteen minutes....one minute left.

"You called for me with your patronus?" Raven laughed, entering the dining room.

"Yes. I made you breakfast as well." he smiled charmingly, gesturing to the waffles.

"Oh." Raven said, surprised "How did you know I was hungry, as well as the fact that I wanted something sweet? “She asked, worried.

"It's alright-" Alastair laughed. "-I cannot read minds; I simply put myself in your situation, in which case I would have wanted something sweet made for me as a surprise after a hard night's work...The flying." he explained.

"How thoughtful." Raven said appreciatively, smiling. "Thank you."

"My pleasure." Alastair nodded.

"Hello." he smiled to Aislynn when she entered. "Just on time."

With the help of Raven, Aislinn’s hair-bun looked less like a mess than it did on her own attempt to arrange it. She entered the dinner room smilingly. She thanked Alastair for the lovely breakfast before she took her seat. The omelet was delicious indeed and the fruit salad tasted so heavenly. First, she wondered why Luna had not joined them, though then she remembered that Luna was an early bird who liked to get up almost before the dawn.

Aislinn had planned to do some shopping first, since she needed to replenish her cabinet with necessary potions, and later visit her family. She did not know how tell Alastair. She wondered if it was enough to tell him she had some business to tend of today. But she already knew the answer. She could not. She knew him good enough, that just telling him that she had some business today was wrong. After sharing his memories with her, she had learned that he must know everything, or his imagination would make him mad as he would jump to his own conclusions. On the other hand, it would feel very awkward to tell him that she would visit her family later this afternoon, because she was unsure if she should invite him or not. After the incident with Valetta, Aislinn could not help but wonder how Alastair would react if she invited him to her home where six vampires lived.

“Do you have any plans today?” She asked smilingly.

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

Alexander was faster. He seized his visitor’s wand and magically tied his hands behind him.

“What the bloo-“

“Silence!” Alexander pointed his wand at the masked man’s back. “You are coming with me..”

“Please I beg you to spare me…. I do not want to experience these memories…..Can’t I just sit here and-?”

“No!”

“Why do you not trust me? I was your companion in the past, fighting alongside you and the Dark Lord. I-“

Alexander grabbed his arm and pushed him towards the pencieve, not caring to listen to what the masked man was saying. Instead he dived in the memories, dragging the masked man with him.

They landed in a battle field on a lonely hill where only a few trees were growing here and there. It was so dark that Alexander understood it was nighttime in the memory. It was a cloudy night, where moon was hidden by the clouds and only a few stars twinkled here and there in the sky. The most lighting came from the many defensive spells and curses that flashed through the air. Five aurors were surrounding two death eaters.

The masked man whimpered beside Alexander who was so engulfed by the scenery in front of him that he hardly noticed the man beside him. He did not even notice when the masked man fell to his knees and cried out:

“Oh please, why…I do not want to see her die again....”

Alexander was watching the battle with great interest. He could walk closer if he liked without being harmed by the curses since it was just a memory, but he remained on his place to get a better view of everyone who was fighting. The five aurors were unknown to him, but the two deatheaters, a man and a woman, looked very familiar. As he tried to recall their names, two aurors fell to their death and the woman laughed evilly. I have heard this kind of laugh before... Alexander thought thoughtfully as he watched the ongoing battle. The both deatheaters were powerful but the three remaining aurors seemed almost to have the upper hand. A mixture of attacking spells were flung towards one of the deatheaters. One of the deatheater tried to shield himself with a defensive spell and his wand splintered into pieces due to the compact of many attacking spells at once. Meanwhile, the woman had managed to kill one more auror since they had been focusing entirely on the man. She rushed towards him to protect him since he had lost his wand. At that very same moment one of the auror fired the killing curse. She shielded her companion and was about to block the killing curse with a defensive spell, but it was too late. The green light hit her suddenly and she fell to the ground. The man roared furiously when he realized that his companion had died protecting him. Screaming out his rage and sorrow almost made the two aurors jumping out of fear. This bought him time to pick up her wand and finish the two aurors. When the battle was over, the man fell to his knees beside the dead woman and burst out in wailing. He held her in his arms for a while, rocking back and forth as he was crying out her name, a name that was not unfamiliar to Alexander. He moved closer to get a better view of them. At that moment, the man stopped his wailing and stood up. He walked over to the two aurors who he recently had killed and looked down at them. And Alexander, who was curious, followed him. What he witnessed the deatheater to do was unexpected. Using the darkest magic ever, he changed the features of the aurors. Alexander was puzzled over this and looked at the man and then at the aurors. He rushed over to the dead woman and looked at her and then rushed back to aurors and looked at them again. The memories started to fade away. The last thing Alexander saw, before the memory ended, was that the death eater had lifted his companion in his arms and was about to leave the battle field.

When Alexander was back with his mysterious guest in his office he finally understood and remembered who the two deatheaters had been. He untied his guest’s hands. He was still wailing. Alexander sized the opportunity and snatched off his mask. He stared at him several seconds. The first seconds passed in a great shock and Alexander thought he nearly had a heart-attack. It was the same man who had lost his wife in the memories. The same man who Alexander had thought had been dead before since he never got to know what happened to him when he and his wife vanished without any traces before the fall of the Dark Lord.

“The bloody hell, give that back to me...” The guest roared and almost flung himself at Alexander.

Alexander stumbled frightened backwards and threw both mask and wand to the floor. He had just wanted to be sure that the memories were not stolen. "Oh, good Merlin, calm down, will you?"

“So, you created replicas of yourself and your wife, didn’t you?” Alexander asked as he watched the man picking up his belongings. He already knew the answer.

“Yes,” The man replied as he put on his mask. He had calmed down a bit, but he was not feeling well. “To stage-manage my death so I could flee the country. Now, do you understand why I am wearing a mask?” He spoke bitterly.

Alexander did not reply, and an awkward silence followed. He resumed his place behind his desk and gestured towards his visitor.

“Please sit down, you did not tell me earlier. I guess you must have other business on your mind than just congratulate me for my new position?”

“I do,” He almost spat out his words, yelling at Alexander. “I was here for a simple pleasantly job if you had any vacancy. But I am not in the mood anymore, not after going through my own memories, which I was hoping to skip!” He turned on his heels, walked out from the office and slammed the door behind him.

Alexander snorted at the man’s behavior.
Good merlin, such an immature man...

Chewing on a bit of sliced strawberry, Aislinn tried to think of the best way to tell Alastair about her plans today. She did not want him to feel bad and think that they missed to do some shopping in Venice, because she wanted to do some shopping today.

“I have some mundane business in town today,” She finally said as she wondered if going to the hair parlor and buying necessities for oneself were mundane tasks for a man. “And I have planned to visit my family later this afternoon. I have not seen my grandmother for a while. Would you like to come?” She was feeling so embarrassed that her face went redder than the color of the strawberries in her fruit salad.
Yesterday he took me to Venice and showed me the beauty of the Italian city and today I am going to take him to Diagon Alley? I have never ever felt so ashamed before. I wish I could surprise him with a trip to a place he has never been to…

“I have some mundane business in town today,” Aislynn said, “And I have planned to visit my family later this afternoon. I have not seen my grandmother for a while. Would you like to come?”

"Of course. " Alastair said politely "Mundane business can easily be made interesting with two friends." he smiled. "As for meeting your family, I would be honored." he finished, bowing his head respectfully "Where I grew up, meeting a friend's family is something quite important...Are they aware that I will be meeting them?"

"In that case, I will only be accompanying you on your business in town. When I do meet your family, both parties would have been previously informed, as it is only polite." The way he explained it wasn't stuffy, as if he knew more than Aislynn. He explained it as if he was expressing an idea that would make him more comfortable because he had been so regimented in his upbringing.

"Of course. " Alastair said politely "Mundane business can easily be made interesting with two friends." he smiled. "As for meeting your family, I would be honored." he finished, bowing his head respectfully "Where I grew up, meeting a friend's family is something quite important...Are they aware that I will be meeting them?"

No, why? I never inform them when I pay them a visit. I prefer to surprise them,” Aislinn laughed heartily.

"In that case, I will only be accompanying you on your business in town. When I do meet your family, both parties would have been previously informed, as it is only polite."

“Ah, I understand,” She smiled. She was not surprised and felt revealed about it. This would give her some time with her grandmother alone, which she deep inside had been hoping for, and perhaps tidying the house. And when the time came to invite Alastair to her place, she would feel less anxious and more comfortable about it.

“Well the first visit we’ll be doing will be in Diagon Alley,” She informed as soon as she had finished her meal. “I usually travel with apparition whenever I need to go there” She did not mention that she owned a broom, which she had put away under her bed to avoid seeing it because she hated that sort of travelling. “But this time this time I do not wish to use that transportation method, may be smoke or usual apparition, since it is so boring.” She was speaking the truth. “I…” Her eyes twinkled in a mischievous way. “Would you give me a ride in your car, please?” She had never taken a ride in the night bus or a magical car and was excited about it.

Alastair nodded, happy that she understood. He knew a lot of people who would have taken it the wrong way.

“Well the first visit we’ll be doing will be in Diagon Alley,” She informed as soon as she had finished her meal. Alastair had already finished, and had remained at the table politely.

“I usually travel with apparition whenever I need to go there...But this time this time I do not wish to use that transportation method, may be smoke or usual apparition, since it is so boring.” She was speaking the truth.

Boring? Hmm...I do agree that it is a bit less exciting every time...

“I…” Her eyes twinkled in a mischievous way. “Would you give me a ride in your car, please?”

For a moment, Alastair was surprised that she had such a desire, even after seeing his way of driving. It showed in his eyes. I don't understand...It is rare for a woman to find that kind of ride enjoyable. Even Luna found it unpleasant...Of course she said nothing but I could tell...Oh! I remember, now...I had meant for Aislynn to ask questions last night...I would have explained that Valetta had taken my apartment and car, and that most of my best clothes had even been lost because I could not retrieve them, with Cerberus and herself watching the place...Any normal man could lie to her...But I'd prefer to tell her the truth...

All of this only took a second, and then he spoke calmly. "I regret to inform you that my car and financial savings, as well as all of my other belongings, had been taken from me in the past by my brother and other enemies." Alastair said quietly, avoiding saying their names. "Forgive me for bringing it up, but I had meant for you to ask more questions last night." he sighed, for he hated disappointing people. "I apologize, but you must take your usual mundane way to Diagon Alley."

"You actually don't have to." Raven said brightly, standing up from the table. "I could use my magic to make a car just like that one! All I have to do is purchase a Muggle car and Alastair can tell me how he charmed the other car. “Raven smiled.

"How long would it take?" Alastair asked.

"Ten minutes to purchase the car, during which you'll draw up a list of every extra feature your car had. Total time would be twelve minutes." Raven said quickly, calculating as she spoke.

"Would you be alright with waiting?" Alastair asked hopefully. I forgot we had an angel here...Is there anything she can't do?

Aislinn noticed the surprised look in Alastair’s eyes and she was not surprised about it. I bet that he did not expect me to ask about it as he still might me think to be like other women. Well, he will get to know me with time...

"I regret to inform you that my car and financial savings, as well as all of my other belongings, had been taken from me in the past by my brother and other enemies." he said quietly. "Forgive me for bringing it up, but I had meant for you to ask more questions last night." he sighed. "I apologize, but you must take your usual mundane way to Diagon Alley."

“Oh…please do not be sorry, it is not your fault...” Her face flushed. How could I be so ignorant?! He told me yesterday that his brother had nearly taken away everything from him.... “I should apologize for being so ignorant and almost forget about it. You mentioned about it, last night…I am so sorry…. And I…I am sorry, if you did expect me to ask questions, I needed to dissolve everything which happened last night…. I had actually in my mind to speak with you about some things over lunch today…. Well, mundane transportation for today then….” She smiled as if it was nothing at all because she did not want him to feel bad about it. It suddenly crossed her mind that she perhaps could manipulate a car like she had manipulated the muggle device which she used for playing music, when Raven suddenly spoke:

"You actually don't have to. I could use my magic to make a car just like that one! All I have to do is purchase a Muggle car and Alastair can tell me how he charmed the other car."

"How long would it take?" Alastair asked.

"Ten minutes to purchase the car, during which you'll draw up a list of every extra feature your car had. Total time would be twelve minutes." Raven said quickly, calculating as she spoke.

"Would you be alright with waiting?" Alastair asked hopefully.

“Twelve minutes are nothing,” Aislinn laughed heartily. “It once took me a week to manipulate a muggle device and that was not even a car.... Would you like to see it?” Her eyes glittered of excitement.

"Of course." Alastair smiled to Aislynn. He tuned to Raven for a moment, speaking happily, "Thank you for such a wonderful idea. "

"I'll go right now." Raven replied, bowing gracefully. "Goodbye." And she walked briskly out of the room, taking flight just outside the front door of the house. Sure, it's only a simple car, but at least I'm being treated with much more respect than back home. Raven thought with a smile as she peered down below her. Within only a minute she was halfway to her destination; she had been so happy that she had been flying so fast without even trying.

"Whilst Ravenna is gone, you can show me your device." Alastair smiled again, standing up from the table. He followed Aislynn out of the dining room, turning back and casting a spell to clear the table on his way out. Such understanding...I am quite relieved. Alastair thought with a sigh as they ascended the stairs.

Aislinn could not help but grin excitingly. She was happy that someone finally accepted the use of manipulated muggle items in the wizarding world. She remembered Rosa’s reaction that night before the battle when she had brought her manipulated device to play some music.

Aislinn opened the door to her room, which was clean and tidy. It had been ten months ago since she had joined Luna and moved in to this room. She still remembered when she had arrived here, how Blaise had taken her wand and locked her in this room.

Her room was furnished according to the rest of the manor and did not show Aislinn’s past life. When Aislinn was a student at Hogwarts, she used to have a big poster of Twisted Sisters above her bed in the girls’ dorm. And because she had been a wild and difficult girl during her childhood, she was not allowed to share room with other girls at the orphanage, thus she had her own room where she had covered the walls with posters of her favorite rock-bands from both the muggle and wizarding world. The walls in her room at the manor were clean, there were no posters. Nor did the room show that she once had driven a motorcycle when she was fifteen years old until she had been found out and suspended from leaving Hogwarts during her holidays.

“Come in,” Aislinn smiled towards Alastair when she opened the door to her room and entered. She did not close the door, because she was still feeling a little nervous around him. She went straight to one of the cupboards which held all her dear things. She tapped at it with her wand and mumbled the incantations of some counter spells to open the cupboard. She used certain spells to keep her cupboard locked and protected from intruders. The cupboard consisted of two shelves. On the upper shelf were her manipulated muggle device and on the lower shelf, a black leather photo album, her second wand, a small collection of seashells, which she had collected during her summer holiday ten years ago, and the old key to her motorcycle.

Aislinn took out her device and closed the cupboard. It was then when she realized she did not have any chairs or table in her room. She had a bedside table and she had a dressing table with one chair.

“Is it alright if we sit here?” She asked as she sat on her bed with the muggle device on her knees and gestured beside her.

The muggle device was rectangle shaped and some inches thick and silver colored on the outside. On the middle of the device was an engraved shape of a bitten apple. She opened it, almost like opening a book, though it turned out to be a lid that she opened. The part which was silver and got the engraved bitten apple on the outside, was black and had silver framing on the inside. It looked as if it was a black mirror, because she almost could see her own reflection there.

Below the black mirror lay a set of buttons in different shapes. Most of the buttons were small and square shaped.

“The muggles call it for laptop,” Aislinn explained to Alastair. “I have manipulated it so I can use it without that thing which muggles use in their everyday life, that thing which they call for iliktrissitii, I really don’t know what it is…” She frowned and then laughed.

She tapped with her wand at the black mirror and the device suddenly came to life. A few of the buttons lightened up and the black mirror was replaced with a picture of the muggle rock band Nightwish. There were icons of pictures above the largest picture as well.

“I never use these buttons,” She explained as she caressed the buttons with her hand. “Even if they still can be used. I use my wand instead” She pointed her wand towards one of the picture icons on the large picture, and suddenly a different large picture popped up and covered the picture of the rock band. The new picture was grey black and got white letters. She pointed her wand at one line of the letters and a song which was mixed with opera and rock music started to play. The sound came from the device.

“I use it for playing music,” She smiled as she lifted her device and put it in Alastair’s hands. “Do you want to try? You can use the buttons if you like to try them out and you can control the device with this flat button.” She put her hand on the biggest button which was so flat that it could hardly be seen. She caressed it softly and pointed at the large picture in front of them where something tiny which looked like a white arrow started to move around. “Look over there,” She laughed. “I never use it, because I find it to complicated hence why I only use my wand to control it.”

“Come in,” Aislinn smiled towards Alastair when she opened the door to her room and entered.

Alastair nodded and followed her inside the room, taking a brief look around. He noticed that she had not personalized it, and assumed it was out of respect for the fact that it was Luna's manor. He politely looked out the window when she opened the drawers of her dresser, then looked back again when she had closed them.

“Is it alright if we sit here?” She asked as she sat on her bed with the Muggle device on her knees and gestured beside her.

"Of course." Alastair nodded, sitting down next to her and eyeing the device with interest.

“The Muggles call it for laptop,” Aislinn explained to Alastair. “I have manipulated it so I can use it without that thing which Muggles use in their everyday life, that thing which they call for iliktrissitii, I really don’t know what it is…” She frowned and then laughed.

"How interesting; quite creative." Alastair praised, fingering the screen. Alastair smiled as the screen brightened, although he didn't recognize the band. When she explained that she did not use the buttons, he raised his eyebrows, impressed. It took me a month to learn how to type as fast as my thoughts. She simply created a shortcut to all of that... When she put it in Alastair’s hands, he looked at her, surprised again.

“Do you want to try? You can use the buttons if you like to try them out and you can control the device with this flat button. “She put her hand on the biggest button which was so flat that it could hardly be seen. “Look over there,” She laughed. “I never use it, because I find it too complicated hence why I only use my wand to control it.”

"I am aware of how to use a laptop; my father had one and he taught me how to use it. I am also familiar with the Muggle's form of operating, called electricity. “Alastair said, smiling modestly. Given an hour, I could build a computer. My father insisted on me learning, but why? These days Muggles can buy them in the many stores they have around London... "I was taught to appreciate classical music for the art that it was..." Alastair said quietly, eyeing the keyboard of the computer "...But when I went to Japan, I was living there in hiding, you see, for the laws where different there so that none of my enemies could reach me...I discovered a new kind of music that I loved...However, I am unsure of whether or not you will like it as well..." He seemed, for once, so unsure of himself. It was as if he had a deep appreciation for the music of which he spoke, but that that appreciation was mixed with embarrassment and shame as well.

Meanwhile, Raven had landed in a store that sold the same black cars that Alastair had owned. She had negotiated the price down to a few dollars with her magic, and was carefully driving it to a less populated area where she could shrink it and then transport it.

Aislinn was so impressed that she could not help but staring with wonder at him. He already know? And I thought I was going to surprise him with something extraordinary. His father must have been a very extraordinary man indeed. I wonder if his parents are still living. Mine…. sigh…I still wish I knew what happened with my parents. My grandmother told me that they never came back since I had been left in her care. Back in the orphanage, the late headmistress told me my parents had left the late dark lord before his death and thus they were murdered by him because of their disloyalty to him during the second wizarding war, but my pet snake told me it was a lie…seriously, it does not make me any smarter…

"I am aware of how to use a laptop; my father had one and he taught me how to use it. I am also familiar with the Muggle's form of operating, called electricity. " Alastair said, smiling modestly.

“Well, I do not even know if you like my taste of music,” She laughed. “I discovered music on my own when I grew up in a muggle orphanage and later went to Hogwarts. I had no one teaching me about music. The wizarding laws did not allow my remaining family to take care of me because they were all vampires hence why I was put in an orphanage.….” Her voice died out, but she hurried to change the subject by saying: “Anyway, I found comfort in screamy kind of music they days when I felt so lonely. I have not tried other kinds of music. Though I think that I only detest the kind of music which they have overseas in America...” She almost made a grimace when she thought about it. “I do not remember what it is called, it is like…it is kind of beating music and the singer does not really sing but speaks to it, it is the ugliest art of music ever. There was a boy at my orphanage who used to listen to that kind of music. Every time when he played it aloud from his muggle device…. he had a different device…not a laptop or computer, no…anyway, every time he played it, I could not stand it and my….” Aislinn bit her lower lip and was unsure if she should tell Alastair or not, because she felt a bit ashamed about it. “...my nose started to bleed...” she finally said. “So, what kind of music did you discover in Japan?” She was both curious and interested to know.

"I've done worse whilst listening to America's so called 'pop music.'" Alastair laughed, quickly typing something on the laptop's keyboard. Two videos popped up, which he paused before they began playing. "A Japanese style of music, called 'Visual Kei'. Everyone dresses up in odd and mostly alluring ways and sings rock music. The lyrics are of no importance, as the beat and melody are so lovey it doesn't really matter if you don't speak the language. This band is called 'Versailles', and I saw them live in concert. " Perhaps I'll take you...I'd love to, if you like their music.

"If you'll give me a moment-" he said, placing the laptop on the bed gently and standing up. "-I must draw up a list of enchantments so that Raven can duplicate my car." he said with a smile, visibly excited. "Please listen to this music, and let me know what you think when I return." he nodded before leaving.

Aislinn nodded smilingly. “I’ll be waiting here,” She said and started to play the music which Alastair had suggested her. She fell in love as soon as the music started to play. The melody, just as Alastair had promised, was the loveliest music she ever had heard. It was alluring and bewitching. Their clothes were fascinating. She was also drawn by the scenery in the animated pictures in the second one. But it did not matter how beautiful the music was, because soon Aislinn wished to understand what they were singing about. If it sounds so beautiful, then their words must be beautiful, mustn’t it...? In the second song she managed to catch up the word Like a masquerade and she wondered if it had been English or if it just was her imagination. When she had finished listening and watching, she turned off her device and put it back in her cupboard.

“What does Yummeh iinoshii iitee yoko means?” She asked when Alastair was back. She could not help but giggle because the strange Japanese words sounded droll in her ears. “Oh, never mind” She laughed as she did not know if she pronounced right or wrong. She had tried to say Yume inochi ite yuku. "It was beautiful, but I wish I could have understood what they were singing...I did not understand a word, I think I caught some English in the second one. It sounded as if they sang Like a masquerade, but I am not sure.... Is the car ready by the way?"

"Thank you, it is perfect. A work of art." Alastair praised, looking the black car up and down.

"You’re welcome." Raven bowed, smiling modestly at his praise.

"I shall be back momentarily; I need to get Aislynn." Alastair nodded respectfully, apparating from his spot at the front of the house to just outside Aislynn's bedroom.

"I am overjoyed that you enjoyed the music." Alastair smiled charmingly. "They are my favorite band. There are others, of course, but they aren't as....enchanting." his eyes twinkled.

“What does Yummeh iinoshii iitee yoko means?” She asked when Alastair was back. "It was beautiful, but I wish I could have understood what they were singing...I did not understand a word, I think I caught some English in the second one. It sounded as if they sang Like a masquerade but I am not sure....Is the car ready, by the way?"

"Yes. Firstly, the Japanese sing few lines in English, because it is seen as fashionable. Secondly, yume inochi ite yuku means dreaming. Life goes on; it is merely a fraction of one sentence, then the beginning of another. I can translate the entire song for you later, if you like." he smiled. "Thirdly, the car is ready, so we can now attend to your business." he offered her his arm to take with a mischievous look in his eyes. "If you like you can bring the laptop; I am curious to hear what music you prefer."

Outside, Raven was waiting for them with anticipation, eager to see Aislynn's reaction. She waited not in front of the car, but off to the side, near the hedges of the labyrinth.

"Yes. Firstly, the Japanese sing few lines in English, because it is seen as fashionable. Secondly, yume inochi ite yuku means dreaming. Life goes on... It is merely a fraction of one sentence, then the beginning of another. I can translate the entire song for you later, if you like." Alastair smiled.

"Oh....I would appreciate it, whenever you have time," Aislinn smiled. Dreaming... Life goes on... Like a masquerade.....I have no doubt that the words in the song are so beautiful...

"Thirdly, the car is ready, so we can now attend to your business." he offered her his arm to take with a mischievous look in his eyes. "If you like you can bring the laptop; I am curious to hear what music you prefer."

“Hmm…” Aislinn took Alastair’s arm. “I would gladly tell you all about the music I prefer, but not when you are going to drive, please...” She laughed. “I wish to enjoy the views of the ride without distracting myself with something else and besides I’ll take it as an opportunity to learn how to drive a car,” She winked playfully with her left eye.

“Oh...” She exclaimed excitingly. The car looked exactly like the one she had seen in his memories. She let go of his arm and walked closer to the car and touched the outer metal it was made of softly with her fingers. The motorcycle I drove once was not enchanted, it was simply a muggle item which I managed to purchase by making a very cheap bargain in an illegal shop which sold both muggle and wizarding items in Knockturn Alley. Most of their muggle items were manipulated with magic but strangely not the motorcycle which I bought… I cannot wait to enjoy the ride in this car....it must be more exciting and thrilling than something which is not enchanted with magic...

Most muggle women preferred expensive car brands. But Aislinn was not a muggle woman, nor did she care about what kind of brand the car was, because magic would make any car more attractive and valuable than any brand. And what made this car to look so elegant was the black shiny color.

Black, four doors, good tires and an automatic system, kept clean every day to maintain its shine...As long as the car has those, it is prefect. Alastair thought while walking forward to open the door for Aislynn. "Please, don't touch anything, yet." Alastair warned politely before closing the door.

The inside was just as it had been in the memory; a black interior with more comfortable chairs than a usual car. It was also slightly larger on the inside than a usual car, which made it more comfortable. The music button was still there, but Alastair didn't give it a single glance when he entered the car. "Driving a car takes time, and practice." he explained, "So don't blame yourself if you cannot remember half of the things I am about to explain, for I myself had to have it explained multiple times before even touching a car." he explained patiently. "Now, I will begin with the basics-" he began, gesturing to the steering wheel, stick-shift, and the three pedals, explaining what each was for respectively.

"Now, I can explain in great detail later, perhaps another day-" he said, checking his pocket watch "-for it has been nearly twenty minutes since you told me that you wished to handle some business. If it was a meeting I would have made you late." he laughed.

They started slow as Alastair remembered how he used to drive his car. Through the countryside, past many trees and past a small lake. I am remembering so quickly....it is as if I only drove a few days ago...I think I'll be able to drive quickly in a few minutes...

“I won’t,” Aislinn smiled assuring as she sat inside the car and made herself comfortable in the seat.

She discovered that it looked much larger inside than she had expected to be when she had seen the car from the outside. She watched and listened with great interest and eagerness when Alastair explained a few things for her and how the basic things worked. The steering wheel was for steering and directing the car. The first pedal was for stopping the car and the second for moving the car. This was as far as she understood how the car worked when he simply explained it for her. What she found a bit complicated to understand were the use of third pedal and the stick shift. Merlin, a car seems to have more things to control during a drive than simple motorcycle… She thought as she mentally made a comparison of the current vehicle with the former one.

“Meeting or not, you ought to drive soon because I have no patience to sit in a still car,” She laughed.

She enjoyed the ride, even if it was slow in the beginning, because it was still something new for her. The view passed by in the corner of her eyes as she watched how Alastair was steering the car with the steering wheel and how he in the beginning touched and moved the stick shift with his left hand while his right hand was holding the steering wheel at the same time. She noticed that he did not touch the stick shift that often but kept his hands mostly on the steering wheel.

"I recall it all so easily, now." Alastair sighed happily. "And I am ready to pick up the speed a bit." he smiled, accelerating. He sped up until he doubled their previously slow speed. It was two-thirds the speed he had been using in the memory, yet it was still enjoyable. He took a turn, gently yet quickly avoiding the curb. After a few more turns they came to a road that travelled straight for a long time until it went lower, as if it was built on a hill. Alastair sped up again, finally matching his previous car's speed. They drove through the road quickly, down the hill and he turned again. They had finally come out to a small Muggle neighborhood with old looking houses, similar to Spinner's End, but cleaner. He drove through the streets quickly, easily avoiding cars and people crossing the streets. They passed toy shops, diners, and a few grocery stores before coming out onto a main road which led to more silent greenery. This time the quiet, tree-lined part didn't last long, for they reached London within five minutes. Alastair had no difficulty in the busy streets of London, either, navigating as if it had only been a few days since he had last driven. This feels wonderful...Why was it again that enhanced Muggle machines were frowned upon?

He parked the car in a parking lot at a Muggle shopping mall, and got out quickly, opening the door for Aislynn.

"How was the ride?" he asked, offering his hand to help her up.

"Lovely. I believe we can apparate from here, unless you wish to walk a few streets?" he asked, offering her his arm.

Aislinn almost forget to breath when Alastair accelerated the speed. He drove faster and faster until he reached the speed which she remembered from his memories. The ride become more enjoyable and delightful when he was driving so fast. She did not look at how he drove anymore but rather at the views in the windows beside and in front of her. She also moved around in her seat, so that she instead placed her knees on it and turned her back against the front window, holding the headrest with her both hands, to try to get a view from the back window in the car.

“Ahhh…” She was fascinated by the view she discovered in the back window.

After a couple of seconds, she resumed to sit normally in her seat as she reminded herself that she was not alone in the car. She watched as houses, stores, people, trees and other cars rushed past her with such a speed that she could hardly distinguish the particular things and beings from each other. It was like watching a string of many colors, forms and shapes passing by from the side window on her left side. The view in the front window was different and the surroundings were clearer than viewing them from the side window. It was almost like the view in the back window, the difference was that after looking through the back window for a while it would give one the feeling of being moved backwards.

Aislinn enjoyed the view most from the front window. She loved the fast speed. It was enthralling and exciting. It reminded her about the old times when she used to take rides with her motorcycle in secret during the summer holidays.

The ride soon came to its end when they finally arrived close to their destination.

“No words can describe how amazing and thrilling it was,” Aislinn said, laughing happily, when she took Alastair’s hand and got out from the car.

"Lovely. I believe we can apparate from here, unless you wish to walk a few streets?" he asked, offering her his arm.

“I do not mind walking a bit,” She replied smilingly, taking his arm. It was a beautiful day of May and she enjoyed the spring breeze caressing her face so gently. "I wish to visit the hair parlor first.."

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

A cloaked man with a death eater mask was riding on his motorcycle towards Knockturn Alley. His cloak fluttered behind him in the wind as he rushed through the trafficked muggle streets in London. The hood flew of his head and fluttered behind him in the wind. He felt the wind blowing through his hair which once had been pure black and now was mixed with grey streaks. He did not care if the muggles witnessed that he was wearing a death eater mask which for them must have appeared to be very strange and weird looking. Some muggle cars honked the horn at him because he almost drove like a madman and on the top of that: he was not wearing the so-called helmet which all muggles wore when driving a motorcycle.

When he shortly arrived at his destination, he parked in a close dead end alley and simply used an invisibility charm and other protecting charm to hide and protect his motorcycle. Even if his motorcycle was not magically charmed with any magic but was a simple vehicle which still had its muggle traits from since he had bought it for a cheap price in a muggle store in Romania, he used magic to take care of it whenever it needed reparation.

He put on his hood and walked over to the Black Cobweb pub and entered. He did not care of taking of his mask or cloak, instead he walked over to the bar and asked the waitress if any of their rooms was vacant so he could get some shelter for tonight.

They had one room. It was shaggy and small. There was only one small bed with wrinkled yellowish white sheets and pillow with a wooden bedside table, a wooden table with a matching chair and a rusty wash basin. A lonely stool with one missing foot laid in one corner. The air was unclean and smelled of old sweat and liquor.

The wooden floor creaked as he walked over to the window to open it. It seemed that no one had opened it for a decade thus he had to force it open with magic. He took a deep breath when fresh air filled the room. He turned around when he heard a squeak in one corner of the room. A flash of green light and the mouse, which had been taking the liberty to inhabit the room a while ago, was lying dead on the floor. The man had no patience for these small creatures and threw it out through the window.

It was already eleven o’clock thus he ordered lunch, a big plate with lamb steak, cooked potatoes, brown bean sauce and a smaller plate with some salad, to eat in solitude and solace. He was a man with a great appetite. No matter how sad or angry Shadowwalker had made him earlier today, Edward always found solace in food and drinks. If he had not been hungry, he would have drunk away his sorrows with firewhiskey. Though he was to hungry to think about drinking anything now.

But before he sat down to feast, he rummaged and ventured through the room to make sure that no one would spy on him. He secured both the walls, the window and the door from any intruder from trying to listen or taking any glimpse of him. When he was done, he finally felt comfortable about taking of his mask.

“I do not mind walking a bit,” She replied smilingly, taking his arm.

"Very well." Alastair nodded, walking toward the exit.

Outside it was a lovely spring day, and a gentle breeze blew.

"Where would you like to visit first?" Alastair asked as they entered Knockturn Alley.

"I wish to visit the hair parlor first...”

Hmm...I am quite curious as to what Aislynn will look like afterward...While she is getting her hair done, I'll think about where I'd like to go, since there are a few things I desire from this place as well...

They entered the hair parlor not long afterward.

"Good day." Alastair said, seeing as it was nearly eleven forty. He greeted the owner and workers of the salon politely, although he knew none of them. When Aislynn sat down, Alastair took a seat on a sofa by the window, picking up a magazine title Wizarding Decor, in which there were many pictures and articles about interior designers and furniture stores. He flipped through it slowly, not really taking anything in as his thoughts strayed.

At Darkest Creatures

Crystal hung up several new dresses which she had been designing that week, smiling as she did so. She was very proud of her work, and couldn't wait to have more satisfied customers. None of her dresses were ever the same, even if she sometimes used the same color and material on more than one piece, it was amazing how each one was so unique. "Any luck, lately?" Crystal laughed when she was finished, coming over to the cash register to speak with Rosaleya.

"No..." Rosaleya replied, giving the same disappointed sigh that she had had for days, her back slumped in her seat and her chin resting on her palm. "I'm beginning to think I'll never see him again..."

"Well, it was only a few minutes that you spent with him." Crystal said kindly, holding free hand in her own. "No offence, but I'm certain he doesn't remember you."

"How could you say that?!" Rosaleya said angrily, her voice raising slightly as she sat up straight, pulling her hand away from Crystal's.

"Listen to me before you go crying in your room again." Crystal said kindly. "Think about it first, please. It's like..." she said, trying to think of a good example "...like when you went out yesterday with your father to the grocery store! “She said, getting her idea "Can you even remember what the cashier looked like?"

Rosaleya thought for a moment, her face determined. Then, she slumped in her seat again, taking her previous position before replying "...No. "

"That's why you should have come to me for advice first." Crystal said gently "Don't beat yourself up over it. If you really want to meet him again, I can ask a friend of mine to find him for you. She's really great at that sort of thing." she nodded promisingly.

"...Thanks..." Rosaleya said quietly, not really believing her.

“Any hairstyle in mind, darling?” The witch with sprawling blue colored hair asked Aislinn as she fingered with her black hair. “You want it super short as usual like a boy?”

“Not really,” Aislinn laughed. “I…. I want to try out something new….” She paused as she looked at herself in the mirror in front of her. From where she was sitting, she could see most part of the hair parlor in her mirror. She saw that Alastair had taken a seat in the sofa by the window, reading a magazine. Oh my, I hope he does not get bored... she thought, feeling a little ashamed that she was going to drag him along to places where he perhaps had nothing to do.

“I would like to have bangs...” She finally told the hairdresser without thinking since she had become a little distracted by her own thoughts.

“Would you like to keep the length of your hair?”

“No, shorten it a bit please, so it reach my shoulders…I think that length will do...” Aislinn gestured with her hand.

“Alright!” The hairdresser swished with her wand.

“Aquamenti!!”

She soaked Aislinn’s hair with water and mumbled some spells that made the scissors move around her head in a such rapid pace.

Swish, swish..swish…swish…swish…swish…swish…swish..

When her hair was cut, the scissors flew aside and went into a wash basin which started to wash the scissors magically. Meanwhile the hairdressers dried Aislinn's hair magically, summoned a couple of combs and a magical nourishing hair oil. A few drops of the hair oil and Aislinn’s hair was combed until it was straight and shiny.

This took only half the time it usually takes at a muggle hair dresser. When Aislinn was done, she rose from her seat and the witch who had cut her hair magically cleaned away all traces of cut hair from her clothes.

“That’s 20 galleons, 12 sickles and 8 knuts, darling.”

Aislinn opened her small handbag which hung across her shoulder and counted the coins she had. She paid at the cashier and walked over to Alastair with a smile.

“What do you think?” She asked, feeling suddenly so nervous, the sensation of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. It was not the first she asked someone for opinion about her hairstyle, she had asked her cousin once when she had cut of her long hair into a short bob, but she could not tell why she was feeling nervous this time.

ed99736e791d56e2e81c83c5ad3bf26c.jpg

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

“Hey guys, what do you think about this store?” Macnair pointed at the sign of Darkest Creatures.

“Do we have time to look at clothes today?” Elias asked dryly.

“They seem to only have black clothes?” Persephone looked astonished at the displayed clothes in one of the windows.

“Do I need to remind you that we are here for other business?!” Elias felt that his patience was running low.

“But we can afford one hour, can’t we? We do not have any lessons to teach this month, since the students need to study for their final examinations...” Avery spoke and then more to himself: “I think I need a new suit...” and he entered.

Macnair followed him inside and so did Persephone who was more curious about this clothing shop. Elias sighed.

“Why did I even ask them to accompany me…after all these years, I have not learned my lesson that Lloyd and Lachlan can hardly be serious,” He muttered to himself and followed his friends inside.

When Macnair entered he noticed a familiar face further inside the store. He put on his best smile and walked closer to the cash register.

“Hello darling,” He greeted Crystal. “Would you like to guide me around please, I would like some help in finding a new suit,” He flashed another smile towards her.

Avery had walked away on his own, browsing through the many suits and ascots which hung in the store.

Persephone walked over to the other side where female clothes hung and she vanished through the many dresses, too eager to find a black gown of medieval style.

“Did you come in here to flirt, you idiot?” Elias hissed in a low voice, speaking directly to Macnair. “I do not have the time or patience today, I am sure you can walk around on your own and find a perfect suit for yourself just like Lachlan..”

Macnair was about to protest, but before he could say anything, Elias crooked arm with him, nodded politely towards Crystal and dragged him away from the cash register and went to where the male clothing were hanging.

Alastair glanced up a few times while Aislynn was getting her hair cut, but it was never for more than a few seconds. So he was quite surprised when she came over to him twenty minutes later, asking, “What do you think?”

She looks a bit nervous...It is lovely, although I've never been one for straight bangs on a woman, although the look is nice on her... "Charming." Alastair smiled, standing up. "Where to next?" he asked as he offered her his arm.

He nodded, and bid a polite farewell to the people in the shop before they left.

Meanwhile

Crystal had walked away again to where the men's ties were handing and she added some jabots to the display before returning to the cash counter. She was about to suggest that she go out and get some lunch for them both when some customers entered. She recognized all of them when she spared the group a sideways glance. I have never seen them in here before...How odd? Well, they are the type to come to a store that sells dark clothing, from black to purple, red and...Oh, what's he doing? She thought irritably when Macnair approached her.

“Hello darling,” He greeted Crystal. “Would you like to guide me around please, I would like some help in finding a new suit,” He flashed another smile towards her.

Crystal nodded and held out her hand to shake. "Good day. We have new clothes in every two days, and every piece is different." Crystal said as they shook hands. Her manner was formal and slightly cold, as if she had never met him.

She was relieved that she wouldn't have to deal with him when Elias came over, nodding politely to Crystal. She nodded back with a small smile forming at the corner of her mouth before he walked away.

"Do you know him?" Rosaleya asked, whispering.

"Yes, we went to school together. I was never the noticeable type, so I doubt he remembers me." she said in reply. Most of it was the truth...

Aislinn blushed. The moment he replied her she understood why she had become so nervous. She had wanted to hear him to tell her that she was pretty, and he had said more than she had expected.

“I just need to buy a few potions in the store which is located just here further down the alley,” She smiled as she took his arm.

They walked further down the street and entered the potion store. The potion store was grand in size but seemed so narrow indoors with many shelves stuffed with labeled bottles in all kind of sizes and shapes and colors. It seemed that half of bottles were transparent, revealing their contents of the potions, with colors that ranged from white to black, from transparent to nontransparent. She was quick since she knew what she only needed to get.

Eight bottles of sleeping draughts, she knew she would consume it the coming nights as she wanted to avoid nightmares from the yesterday’s events.

Four bottles of beauty potions to keep her skin smooth and free from pimples,

One bottle of rose water, one bottle of lilac flower water, one bottle of fresh pennyroyal water, since she did not use perfumes but preferred natural scents.

She asked the store keeper if he had got any bottle of cherry blossom water.

“I am afraid we do not have that kind, miss, and it is nothing that we plan to import since it is not popular here. You need to travel abroad, to Japan I think, if you want to get some.”

“Oh…” She shrugged, but before she paid she turned to Alastair, asking him with a smile:

“Is there anything you need?”

She paid and they walked out together from the potion store.

“I have nothing else on mind now, since I am done with my business, would you like to visit other stores or have some lovely lunch first?” She asked him, her right hand holding his arm while her left hand hold the bag of potions she had bought.

While Aislynn purchased her potions Alastair looked around for anything that may be of use to Luna. He knew that she kept at least two of every potion on stock at all times, nearly always brewing something discretely on the side to keep a constant supply. He had come across nothing he wanted to buy and had disappeared into his own thoughts again when he heard the word Japan come up in conversation.

Alastair walked over to the cash register and peered over Aislynn's shoulder, noting her purchases. "Lovely choice." he smiled.

“Oh…” She shrugged, but before she paid she turned to Alastair, asking him with a smile: “Is there anything you need?”

"No, thank you." Alastair smiled back. He was about to offer to pay when Aislynn paid wordlessly.

They left the store together, arm in arm once more.

“I have nothing else on mind now, since I am done with my business, would you like to visit other stores or have some lovely lunch first?” She asked him.

"They are both tempting suggestions." he eyed her excitedly. Who said that it was queer for a man to get excited about shopping? I can't help that it is enjoyable... He checked his pocket watch, 12:10.

"
Hmm...I think lunch, and then we could go to Darkest Creatures?" he asked after a thoughtful moment. "My favorite place in Knockturn Alley, besides the ice cream store." he laughed jokingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back