• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
When the other entities left, Gabriel raised an eyebrow.

"Huh. Other me is kind of a dick."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When they emerged from the stairs Gabriel's first reaction was shock. The space they came to was unreal. Like something out of a fairy tale. It was immaculate, pristine, and unlike anything he had ever laid eyes on before. He let his eyes and thoughts wander, taking it all in. Then something nagged at his mind.

"Wait a minute... Base? I thought this was a one time deal. We show up, punch evil in the face, go home. I didn't exactly come packed for an extended stay. I left all my stuff back in my shitty apartment."

He looked down at his bloodstained clothes, making an annoyed face. He was covered almost head to toe in gore and mold. Dried blood caked his boots and every bit of clothing he wore. He stripped out of his shoes, leaving the filthy things behind at the door and dropping his coat on top of them. The building they walked through was immense. The sheer size of it was enough to make his head spin slightly. The only buildings he had ever been in of those size were office buildings and factories. When they exited out into the pool area, his mind instantly went to a postcard he had found years ago of outdoor hotsprings. But this was far more impressive. The time and effort that must have gone into just this one area was staggering.

He watched, highly amused, as Harian leaped into the water. He smiled again. He had never been in a hot tub or a hotspring before or anything similar other than a really big bathtub. The water almost seemed to call to him as he stood by the door. He looked down at his clothes again and frowned.

"Not that I wouldn't mind a nice soak after falling on my ass and being kicked into a wall, but I think I'd rather just shower. I uh.... Don't wana be the guy that fills the pool with blood and bits of dead rat."

He didn't want to admit to being far too self-conscious to lounge around in a pool with other people he barely knew. He didn't even go to regular public pools because of it. In fact, the last time he remembered ever being in a pool at all was at a pool party one of his childhood friends had had for their birthday when he was around 7 years old.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Falarion grinned at hearing his joke had been well-received despite the chaos and laughed in return. With a quick shake, he learned the man's name and Falarion chuckled at Gabriel's joke in turn. Smirking now, he replied, "I have no doubt. We'll just have to see which one of us is the lucky one to go first."

Soon thereafter, the two returned to the rubble and Falarion was near cursing over the stupid item until Harian suddenly reappeared, triumphant. Not long after, an odd hum resonated through the room and Falarion stood straight with a frown. Was something else about to attack them so soon after the first demon?

Once he saw the light doorway, though, Falarion knew that they were not facing any demon. While he was not accustomed to divine visits in such a fashion, he merely crossed his arms over his chest while he listened to the arrogant group claim his own group's victory. He could not resist a quick glance at their own Gabriel when the other one was mentioned, but he soon found that much like their own Gabriel would soon declare, this one was an asshole.

On top of that demeaning scene, Falarion listened to Jophiel admit that their makeshift team was pretty much the bottom of the barrel. Instead of openly venting like Harian, Falarion merely sighed and ran a hand through his hair. What a day.

At the mention of a home base, though, Falarion's expression lit up once more and he eagerly approached Harian while she opened the portal. As he waited, he overheard Gabriel's complaint and laughed before saying, "I'm not sure where you come from, man, but usually saving the world is not an overnight adventure." He gave Gabriel a cheerful grin before he followed the man into the portal. Once inside, he mindfully removed his tennis shoes and carried them as the group wandered through their base. Falarion's jaws dropped and stayed that way, as he was beyond amazed at where he would be living for now. It was already way more than he had ever owned in his life and that was not saying a lot considering he had spent most of his immortal life sleeping on rooftops or in someone's home when allowed to.

Arriving at the pool, Falarion was delighted at the sight of the hippocampi statues and he smiled widely when Jophiel described the healing waters. He closed his eyes briefly, drinking in the aura of the pool and he almost immediately relaxed visibly. His shoulders drooped and he even let out a low yawn, as he stretched his arms out to either side. He took a moment to look around and he quickly caught sight of the bathing suits off to either side. Grinning, he quickly found his own and then vanished into the changing room without another word.

Only a minute or two had passed before Falarion reemerged with his swim trunks on. Just as he had returned, he witnessed Harian diving into the pool as a sea lion. Seeing her relax, Falarion was more than eager to join her. He had not been too injured in the fight, but he felt a bit fatigued and knew the pool would feel great regardless.

Naturally, he could not just jump in without having a little fun first. He approached the edge of the pool, near where Harian had first jumped in. He then dramatically stretched his arms again, acting as if he were stretching before a workout. Instead, he was not-so-subtly flexing his muscles. With a loud sigh, Falarion said, "Oh man, this is exactly what we need after a long day of demon-murdering."

He overheard Gabriel refusing to swim because of hygiene concerns and Falarion merely laughed before saying, "Come on, man. Look at Harian, the water is obviously worth it. Plus, you don't want to miss out on this." He then gave Gabriel a wink while he continued unnecessarily flexing, enjoying a friendly tease as always.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius @ everyone else near the pool

"I don't know what 'this' is, but I hope it's not contagious."

Gabriel couldn't help but roll his eyes and laugh a little. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to stay for a little while. Some of the present company were at least entertaining....
The smile dropped from his face. He couldn't bring himself to partake. A hidden battle with his own subconscious was taking place in Gabriel's mind. And he was losing.

"I.... Think I'm just going to sit this one out...."

He began to walk away, heading towards the locker rooms and the shower he hoped was there waiting. No matter how much he wrestled with his own mind, it always ended the same.

Lioness075 Lioness075

Phillip continued to rub the pain out of his shoulder. He could only imagine just how much the wound hurt Nero because he only got a taste of what the kid felt. His eyes shifted colors all the while throughout the process of healing, however they always seemed to stay within the reddish colors. Navigating through the boys soul, sucking up his pain, Phillip could see only flashes of fire. The heat seemingly sparked within his chest, burning him red hot until he started to sweat.

Phillip ignored it, the pain, as he was used too. But before he could answer the kids question, which he didn't want to answer, a blinding white light pieced through his vision. He shielded his eyes with his calloused fingers. Athena, Thor, Horus and Gabriel walked though the portal. Throughout his countless lifetimes Phillip had met them all, a static look shielding his face, but he said nothing.

The cursed one caught the entire conversation between Harian and Jophiel. Gritting his teeth all the while he stepped in towards The Archangel of wisdom, still rubbing his shoulder. "Before any other surprises arise you need to explain yourself. Now." He said to him bluntly, "we saved your sorry life you can at least explain why.?" However, before he could get a response Phillip was stunned by the sudden emergence of stairs.

Apparently Harian had found her card, something Phillip hadn't taken notice to, but the proof was in th view. Walking up the stairs effortlessly with his massive frame the first thing Phillip noticed was the blue sky. Reaching for the glass windows he couldn't help but stare awe struck, his eyes shifting to the same blue of the sky before him. It was the first time he'd seen sky, open sky, in far to long. He'd spent to many years in damnation. A thought which made his lips droop.

He looked to his left, finding the glamour of Kiyomi. The one who'd saved him. He couldn't help but stare, his timeless eyes transforming into colorful shades of pink and purple. She still looked weak from the previous fight and no wonder. The nine tailed Kitsune had helped everyone but herself. He took a small step closer to her, reluctantly yet obligatory.

"Do you ever help yourself? Or do you only look after strangers?" He said to her softly, clearing his throat as he spoke. Maybe himself and Harian were wrong; she wasn't a fool, but naive. With that Phillip turned towards her and unlike he did with Nero, his hand cautiously approached her. Nero's soul was filled with an unknowable pain, a drawn out joke between fire and hell. Yet Phillip was far more frightened by Kiyomi's soul. It offered what he wanted, but dare not seek, at least not in a cursed life.

"I can fix that," he said to her leaning in closely as he forced his eyes to lock with hers. Suddenly his irises began to shift colors, all possible colors, the eyes of countless dead souls Phillip had helped traverse to the afterlife. His hand instinctively went to his chain, he merged with Kiyomi becoming one with the white fox. The bottomless cavern of lost parents filled his being. An unshakeable feeling of duty, protection and joy. He saw flashes of an alter, not knowing the goddess it was dedicated to, yet he felt it's significance to Kiyomi. It's meaning.

Suddenly he was hit with a wave of disease, countless plagues he sent to his chain which hummed shades of yellow and gold. The pestilence demon and all it's future agony was soaked up in his cursed chain, siphoned away from Kiyomi. At least most of it went to his silver chain. Phillip's eyes grew heavy as he became tired, freeing the Kitsune from exhaustion. His chain soaking in most of the damage but the rest he felt deep within his bones.

He wasn't strong like the spirit goddess was, which explained when his knees buckled why he fell towards her. Catching himself at the last moment with a hand on the thick glass. Looking down he gazed out at the pool, at the others lost in their happiness.

"You should feel better now," he said to the Kitsune "I need to wash the hell off of me." He then walked away, still feeling the toxins of his previous bottle of vodka. He needed a shower, something to wash the ash and soot from his hair.

Hino simply stared boredly at the woman. This conversation was growing far too redundant for him to spend any more energy on. It was clear she was unwilling to accept that she and the others could have approached the situation with more caution. As she turned her attention to another, he shifted his own as well to Jophiel.

"I really don't need your gratitude, angel," He spat, "And you won't be needing to speak to me for the rest of our time together." Hino glared down at Jophiel with his fists clenched. The rage that filled him now was all too familiar, and not something he enjoyed feeling. It's the reason he hid himself away in the depths of Red Woods; to get away from the anger and pain that stormed inside them. But in the Red Woods, he was hiding from another feeling, one that sat like a rock at the bottom of his stomach. One that seemed to never go away. Realizing he needed to calm down before he lashed out at the angel and caused more problems for himself, he spun on his heels and headed for the corner of the cellar. He was behind the group now, away from most of the greetings and discussion. With his breath still shaky from his hot temper, he pulled out his headphones and cassette player. Sliding them on and pressing play, he already felt the calm overcome him as Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears blared in his ears.

He leaned against the wall and slid down to the ground, watching everybody silently. Being unable to hear, he was able to do one of his favourite things: observe. He found that observing others while listening to music helped him ground and cope when life got too overwhelming, and today was most definitely overwhelming. He watched as each group member either took turns either healing each other or being healed and then proceeded to begin searching for something on the ground; and after the day he had he watched with only a small bit of surprise as a portal opened up and out walked several more powerful beings who then proceeded to take whatever had been left after the demon had been killed. When another, more familiar angel stepped through the portal, Hino simply closed his eyes, deciding he did not want to emotionally deal with seeing whatever bull was unfolding in front of him.

After waiting a few minutes he felt it was now safe to open his eyes again. The group of angels and dieties were no longer in the room and now everyone else seemed to be huddled around the open cellar door, bewildered at what was on the other side. Curious, he stood up and went to see for himself. Expecting the stairs to the bar, he was genuinely shocked to see a massive room. Except it wasn't really a room, it was a massive house with a living room, a pool, and even an outside. Even Hino had to admit it was impressive, though let it be known that Hino has never not been impressed by magic. Looking at the faces of the others and the room, as well as everything he had just seen, he decided that the least he could do is hear out the angel, though he would not be happy about it. Perhaps he could get Harian to tell him the situation instead.

Hino was about to step through the door when he realized he was forgetting something. He put his fingers in his mouth and let out a three-toned whistle, then, he waited patiently. Moments later the roof busted inward as an enormous bird dive-bombed into the cellar. She landed gracefully on the ground, despite her loud and sudden entrance. Volt stared at the entrance to the base nervously and then back at Hino.

"Tanisiwiya pa-pêhêw? Niyâ askôkewin."
"What are you waiting for? Go in. I'll follow you."
He reassured her, but she wasn't convinced. She tilted her head at him and cawed very quietly at him as if asking a question.

"Absolutely not. There's no way we would fit." Volt continued to tilt her head even further. The pair continued to stare at each other for a whole minute, silently arguing. "Fine." He said begrudgingly in defeat. Without missing a beat, Volt flapped her wings once and leaped onto the shoulders of the Thunder God. She chirped happily as he brushed her wings out of his face. "Pitané kiya kamiyawâtahmik."
"I hope you're happy."

Hino had to duck substantially, but ultimately he was able to follow the others and squeeze through the door. Upon entering, he realized that he would not be getting the answers he desired right away. Instead he realized that he would have to interact with the others first. He filled with anxiety and dread as he saw the other members of the group jumping into the pool. Oh, how he loathed social interaction with strangers, after all, he hadn't done it in a very long time. He decided to turn the volume up on his cassette player a few more notches, Antaensic** knew he needed it.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild @ anybody

(** Equivalent to saying Lord)

Last edited:
Hayle followed through the doorway into the newfound home, Hayle was honestly in awe by everything surrounding her. The place was so beautiful that she hadn't even bothered to pay attention to anything anyone was saying until there was mention of a pool. Hayle sort of snapped back into reality as a few people jumped into the pool, she would've loved to jump in as well but since she was kind of covered in blood and the demons blood it was probably best she go get washed first. Just as she was about to she noticed that the man who was hesitant around her was just standing there and flexing to tease poor Gabriel, smirking Hayle wanted to get a bit of pay back for being so rudely shoved off of him so early within the day. Silently walking up to him she raised her hands and placed them on his shoulder blades, leaning in behind him she let the cold she had been emitting all day grow a bit stronger as she moved close to his ear and whispered "Boo!" as she spoke she gently nudged him into the pool of water letting him fall in and causing a big splash. Seeing him fall in Hayle couldn't hold back her laughter, she felt so bad for laughing but she honestly couldn't stop herself. Taking deep breaths Hayle calmed herself down but the odd giggle escaped her every once in awhile.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't resist but you really did need to cool off." She gave him a playful wink quite appreciating her own little pun. Taking the time to sit down and reduce the cold energy she was emitting she watched as everyone enjoyed the water, she didn't quite want to hop in just yet but she thought she'd just sit and relax for a bit before thinking about hoping in.

Lioness075 Lioness075

There were a few things that most people did not know about sea lions: The first, is that sea lions are a lot bigger than originally anticipated, and the second, is that sea lions are much stronger than originally anticipated. These two facts were in the center of Harian's mind as her tiny ears picked up Gabriel's half-hearted back out. He had been hurt just like the others, but there was something else too, Harian didn't really know why, but she thought that perhaps now would not be a good time for Gabriel to be alone. Without warning she surged out of the water, using the wave to slide across the stone and slip behind her victim. Then, all two hundred and forty pounds of sea lion collided with Gabriel's legs, rolling him with her into the pool.
The dirt and grime began to vanish as soon as it stained the water.
Harian resurfaced in her human form, a black one piece in place of her vest and pants and laughed, and for just that moment, Harian forgot her dour, irritable demeanour. They hadn't died. That was something to be happy about.
Naberius Naberius

Last edited:
This is no place for me. Let the others enjoy themselves, they've earned it.

Gabriel was so absorbed in his own internal conflict that he never even knew what hit him. One moment, he was upright and walking past the others to the showers. The next, he was completely submerged. He barely caught a glimpse of what had sent him sailing over the edge as his head hit the water. He never even had the time to hold his breath. The sheer surprise of it all caused him to panic momentarily before he got his bearings and righted himself, resurfacing with a shocked gasp of air.

"You absolute psychopath! Just because I don't age doesn't mean I can't drown!"

His face contorted into several emotions at once. Rage. Embarrassment. Shock. Before finally settling on surprised amusement. He couldn't help himself. He burst out laughing, his stormy mood all but forgotten, pushed back into the recesses of his subconscious.

"I will turn you into a hat!"

It was a friendly threat. No malice or anger in his words. He swung an arm, kicking up a small wave of water and launching it into Harian's face.

Gah. To hell with it, we earned this. That angel needs to pull the halo out of his ass.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
“I’m glad you’re not angry, thank you for healing me.” Zoya’s eyes brightened, a genuine smile lighting up her face, feeling instantly reassured by the calmness emanating from Kiyomi. It wasn’t until a few moments when it occurred to Zoya the fact that she’d known her name without her saying was quite eerie. “How do you know my name?” She asked, her eyes narrowed in suspicion. Zoya couldn’t remember shouting her name out in the fight, she was sure she hadn’t said it all. Shivering from her sudden unease, she tilted her head at Kiyomi and tried to remain calm without bursting into an array of questions, which worked pretty well as soon Zoya watched the other lady bow, looking rather elegant which made Zoya even more confused. She had no idea whether she was meant to copy it, so she awkwardly curtseyed in her ruined clothes, cringing at herself in the process. A new smile replacing her suspicion as she heard the kitsune introduce herself, “You have a very pretty name, it’s a pleasure to meet you too.”

Seeing the blinding presence of another group, wonder found its way onto Zoya’s face, she hadn’t seen many divine visits and certainly not in this way. Then her wonder shifted to annoyance as they claimed what she and her motley group had rightfully vanquished. Although that glass thing meant nothing to her, it still irritated her that it’d been taken so easily without repercussion. “Never mind being not even being the B team, I want this group to be the best team.”

Going through the portal brought Zoya’s face back to one of awe, she certainly hadn’t expected this pretty place to be included in the deal, whatever this deal was turning out to be she was ecstatic for it now. Following the others inside, she kicked off her heels and practically skipped alongside the others in an overly animated way. Everything was fascinating to her, she couldn’t believe this would be where she was going to stay. Whilst it wouldn’t replace her old home it was definitely making a valiant attempt to be an excellent placeholder even from the first glance. Then they reached the pool and whilst excitement thrummed through her, her nose scrunched at the thought of swimming with the blood and dead rats they’d slew. She was ready to stick her nose up and refuse, that was until she noticed the supposed thing she disdained simply vanished in the water.

A smile danced upon her lips as she moved to get changed, though it was quickly disrupted at the discovery they had the names of everyone embroidered onto the swimsuits. Her lips immediately twisted into a pout, she could read her own name of course, but the thought of being caught squinting at random articles of swimwear made her cringe. Honing in on what she suspected would be hers, relief bloomed in her chest as she recognised her own name written in cursive. She got changed in a flurry and darted back out to where the pool was, snorting as she watched Gabriel get knocked into the pool after Falarion was pushed in after making his flexing not subtle enough. “Look out losers!” She yelled triumphantly, running and jumping into the air only to blast herself up further as she tried to create as big of a splash as possible, slamming her hands down into the pool and controlling the air to blast a wave at the others.

The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

The entire encounter with the divines had been missed by Nero; during it, either due to the flash or the beings themselves, his head had felt like it was going to implode and he'd been sent down onto one knee. The voice that took residence in his mind hadn't spoken, but he was aware of it's presence all the same as though it were watching the encounter for him. Only when they'd disappeared through the portal was he able to gather his senses again and stand. There was no remnant of the pain anymore nor any sign that it had ever been. Well, that was new.

Without further adieu, he followed the others through the portal on still-bare feet, amazed by the fact that the portal and it's contents were even possible. This building was far more elegant than the bar. It had ceilings taller than the trees of his home, metals that glittered vividly against artificial light like stars, and more doors than he'd seen in one place all at once. When they arrived in the multi-tiered pool room, some of the group instantly split off to enjoy it's depths. Seemed as though the group was already beginning to warm up to one another. Not entirely surprising after facing death side by side.

"Are there ponds inside of all buildings..?" Nero noticed that he had zoned out at in wonder at the sight of the pools and was genuinely considering hopping in himself, but the sight of the outdoors earlier distracted him. Rolling hills and greenery called his name far more than the enclosures of the house. When he turned to leave the room however, a man he somehow hadn't noticed before had stepped his way through the doorway. Nero was by no means a short person, but this man was in another league of his own - he was by far the largest creature he'd seen altogether. A bird, if it could even be called that, sat upon his shoulder and the nephilim instantly hopped on the tips of his toes in wide-eyed, rampant excitement. The city he'd traveled through to reach the bar hadn't much in the way of wildlife, so this was a very pleasant surprise. His approach was quiet. The boy made sure to skirt the edge of the room and peer curiously at the bird and the man, only deciding to step forward on the side that the creature was seated.

"Well hello there, you beauty," he whispered at the bird directly before stepping out in front of the much taller man, head upturned and a small semi-smile on his face. The man looked almost as out of place as he felt, here. "Is this your... bird?" Nero was very unaware of the fact that Hino likely wouldn't be able to hear him through the headphones, but in the boy's defense, he hadn't even seen a cassette player before, and he knew even less about the wires and plastic wrapped around his head.

KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe

Last edited:
Hino was enjoying his time dissociating from the world when he felt Volt shift her weight on his shoulder. Suddenly, the head of a boy popped out from around her. He recognized him as the young kid with strange tattoos that had lit one of the sigils in their battle against the demon. He had been bitten by several of the rats in the process, but he seemed alright now. It was clear that the boy had asked him a question due to his demeanor, but since he did not hear it over the sound of his music. But this was no matter to Hino anyway as he felt he had experienced enough interactions for the day. He began to turn and walk away to find somewhere to be alone when he felt the talons of Volt dig into his shoulder. She was now leaning down towards the boy, stretching her body as far as possible without falling off his shoulder. It was clear she was eager to say hello. Hino sighed; apparently, this bird was now running his life. He took off his headphones and outstretched his arm for her to perch on and get a better look at the boy. She hopped down and now held her face only inches from his, blinking at him curiously.

"Err... This is Volt. She's a Thunderbird," He said awkwardly as Volt continued to study the boy, "She's very friendly... Usually." Hino had learned over the years that Volt had a keen sense of character. If she liked you, it usually meant that you had a kind soul and she would become you're best friend, if she didn't like you then it was for good reason and you best find somewhere to hide. She reached her talon out from Hino's arm and began swiping at the boy, trying to get a grip on his shoulder now. As she clutched his shoulder, she ungracefully transitioned to the boy from Hino and began inspecting him more closely. She stepped on his head and down to his other shoulder, nibbling curiously on his hair and shirt.

"Volt, that's enough! Uhh... I'm very sorry," He said sheepishly as he unsuccessfully tried to grab Volt as she was clearly invading this poor boy's space, "But she, or actually we, haven't seen anyone in a long time."

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Last edited:
Falarion chuckled at Gabriel's joke and smirked at him for it, but he slowly lowered his arms when Gabriel began walking away dejectedly. Just as Falarion began to say something, he suddenly felt goosebumps on his arms and started to spin instead. He heard a whisper and tried to move, but his reaction was too slow and he instead found himself stumbling forwards and into the pool with a surprised yelp. Just as he broke the surface, he was drenched again as Gabriel and Harian both crashed in nearby. Spluttering, Falarion wiped his eyes before he opened them and stared at Harian in amazement. Not only was she laughing out loud, she genuinely looked relaxed and as if she was having fun. His amazed expression shifted to Gabriel a moment later when the man began laughing as well.

Grinning now, Falarion looked at both of them and said, "Well, good to know the healing waters can cure someone of a bad mood, too."

Seeing Gabriel splash at Harian, Falarion's expression became mischievous and he shifted his attention back out of the pool towards the only person cold enough to have been his 'attacker'. Whispering to himself, he said, "Oh, it's on, my lady." Enjoying the relaxing and fun atmosphere, Falarion ignored his cautious feelings towards the cold woman and awkwardly shifted to the side of the pool. There really was no graceful way to do such a thing.

Once at the side, Falarion grinned as he put his hands down on the side of the pool before he deftly lifted himself up into a handstand with his tail dangling down his back. He then hefted himself up and into a back handspring before he gracefully back flipped right over the cold woman's head. His tail brushed against her cheek for a brief moment before he landed in a crouch. He laughed before shouting, "Boo!" and promptly tackled her into the pool. He figured a little playful payback could not hurt considering the mood of those already in the pool.
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius GamerCarrot GamerCarrot @ anyone else in the pool area

Not quite paying attention to who she had just pushed into the water she was focusing on the Gabriel who seemed to have their mind some where else, as she was about to move and see if he was okay Harian beat her to the punch. She could already see how this was all going down as Harian slid across the floor towards Gabriel and collected him only to throw him into the pool, covering herself as the water splashed towards her she looked at Gabriel's face and couldn't help but laugh as well. Just seeing his shocked face was enough to distract her enough so the person she had pushed into the pool earlier could do some acrobatics to get behind her, all she felt was his tail brush up against her cheek. As she turned to look at him she was already tackled into the water, taking a deep breath as she hit the water she was completely submerged in the healing waters. Once the man who tackled her in the water let go she swam up to the surface, taking a breath of fresh air she pushed her white hair out of her face and looked over at him.

Smirking she splashed his face with the water and laughed, if this was going to be a playful fight she wasn't going to hold back. She smiled at him she was happy to see what ever was the cause of his hesitation before had disappeared at least from what she could tell although she did wish that she had some time to change into an actual swimsuit before being thrown into the water but unfortunately it was a bit late for that. "I suppose I deserve that." she chuckled. She just wanted to float around in the pool but now that there was kind of a water fight going on between her and someone else there was no time to relax. Splashing them with water again she proved that she wasn't going to back down from this little water fight they seemed to be having, she was actually having a lot of fun. Looking down at her wound she could see it healing and she immediately felt so much better, her aching muscles relaxed as she floated in the pool.
Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Ayramis had regained his focus and stood up just in time to see the human, Gabe tear the head off he demon. He sighed in relief then held his hand out and down, calling to his jackal mentally. The Jackal yipped and scampered over happily. licking at his hand. Ayramis was indeed surprised when the door of light opened up. He wasn't expecting company, least of all Horus. He merely nodded in greeting as he held his bleeding shoulder. Throughout this entire interaction, he was focusing his restraints on the voices in his head. They had become much louder, more chaotic in this fight. Drinking, and fighting demons don't exactly go hand in hand for him. Focusing enough to hear that they weren't he "A" team, or even a second or third option didn't really bother Ayramis. After taking stock of the fighters in the group, the injuries, and the entire fight in general, he kind of understood why they wouldn't be a solid first choice. Not when there would be groups made up of just gods out there. Like Horus' group. He shrugged, and done being surprised, walked to the steps that had appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

Ayramis made it through, and just stared in wonder. "Yowza" He muttered to himself as he followed the rest of the group. They finally came to the healing pools, and before Joph could say anything he felt them. The healing properties. It took him less than a minute to make it into the changing room and get ready. However by the time he was back out there were others in the pool. The blood on his shoulder was crusted and dried, and his injuries made his arm stiff. The Jackal still followed him around sniffing at the water then looking back at him, almost pleading. Ayramis smiled and nodded, not letting the strain show on his face. The first attack from the demon still left his focus weary, the voices threatening to take over. He sighed as he stood at the edge of the second tier pool, having opted for bit of peace. Looked up and just dropped face first into the pool. The waters splashed around him as his eyes closed. He could feel his wounds healing, and his mind calming. The corruption that was beginning o spread receded and finally dissipated. about a minute later he stood up in the pool ad let out a sigh of relief. The voices quieted he was able to take in and enjoy the scenery before him. He knew he had missed introductions, but it didn't mater much. They would learn who he was sooner or later. Not that it could be much secret with the Jackal following him around, now swimming in the first level where everyone else was. The mummy wrappings that attacked the demon, the staff. Anyone paying attention could figure him out. He smiled at the shenanigans of the group beneath him and was content to watch.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Feywild Feywild MrBossMan MrBossMan GamerCarrot GamerCarrot and anyone else

"A Thunderbird..." Nero echoed as Volt made the transition from the man's arm to his own shoulder. His experience with other avians compelled him to remain calm and composed, even if the gorgeous creature's claws lightly dug into him at first. The smile on his face had widened to involve the entirety of his features as he watched her move. It was genuine and warm, offering the illusion of a new, refined brightness to his already light eyes - Volt's company was clearly appreciated. "I've never seen something quite like her before. Back home, the most that birds would allow me to do involved feeding them seeds and berries, or tending to their wounded wings on occasion. I'm very glad that she is interested in me, at the least."

Nero took a moment to glance around at the various patrons of the house and turned back toward Hino at the end. Clearly he had no intention of sticking to the group, considering his somewhat contemptuous mannerisms towards them so far. It were a distinct contrast to Volt's personality.

"Do you not live in the cities like most do?" He was content in patiently waiting for an answer from the man, occupying himself by reaching up and very lightly stroking Volt's golden feathers. This was perhaps the most that he'd spoken in his entire lifetime to another individual and it was likely something he'd need to get used to, given the long-term commitment that saving the world would surely be. He still felt out of his league amidst them, but there was no doubt a part that each and every one of them would have to play in the events to come.

KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe

Last edited:
Gabriel's outburst only made Harian's cackle more breathless, and she took the splash with good humour. It had been worth it.
"If I don't get that threat at least once a summon, it's no fun at all."
At Falarion's offhand comment about bad mood's Harian smiled, "nah I wasn't in a bad mood. I just don't like you." The smile remained after the remark.
Jophiel didn't make a move for the door until everyone that wanted a dip had had one. Harian, once healed slipped out of the pool and went to a wall where a row of the biggest. plushest towels hung and selected one, wrapping herself up as tight as it would go. She could have dried herself easily with magic, but the towels were her favourite part of the process, warm and dry and perfect.
Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075

Once they were gathered again Jophiel took them up the flight of stairs. At the top the corridor split into two hallways, a table in the fork. The table had cards, all identical to the one Harian had lost, and the found, and used to open the magic portal door.
"There is one for each of you." Jophiel explained. "With these cards you can turn any door into a portal that will open the front door to this house. Simply place the card against the door, and the magic does the rest."
Harian popped up behind him, still wrapped like a cocoon in her plush towel.
"Tell them the bit about leaving through the front door."
"Yes, I was getting to that." Jophiel hid a smile. Harian obviously did not know how different (and non-threatening) a towel cocoon made her look. "The front door has a dial with about ten locations painted on a wheel in its center. To select a destination simply turn the doorknob until the right location is directly at the top, and then open the door."
"I can't remember all of them." Harian interjected, "But there is at least: Paris, New York, London, Athens, New Delhi, Kyoto, Sydney, Cusco and Oslo."
"Now, to explain the rooms." The angel continued.
Down each corridor was a set of five doors.
"Choose a room," Jophiel said, "But before you go in, picture how you want the room to look. It can be anything. Keep that image in your mind, and then walk in. The room will take on the form of anything you picture."
Harian was smiling. Of all the amazing things in this miraculous house, this magic had impressed her the most.
"It really works." She added simply and went to a door at the far end of the right hallway and pulled it open, hanging her towel on a peg just beside it. From where they were standing most could see inside:
A black mist roiled in the doorway, piling up against the threshold as if afraid to cross. Nothing could be seen beyond it and gave off an unnatural, almost other-wordly feeling. Harian shot them all a smile and stepped in as the door shut behind her. There was a brass plaque on the door, Harian's name written in elegant cursive on the front.

Lioness075 Lioness075 MrBossMan MrBossMan andujarprime andujarprime The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Feywild Feywild

"Well, she isn't like most birds. She likes to inspect people carefully to make sure they're ok, so she tends to get up in people's business. She also can take on most people she meets in a fight, so she's not scared of humans like other birds." Hino watched as Volt continued her investigation of Nero. Upon being pet, however, she had made her decision. She made eye contact with the boy and held it for several seconds before letting out one loud and distinct caw.

"That means she likes you." Hino was a little disappointed at the outcome. It was far easier to dislike people and isolate himself from them when Volt didn't like them. But this probably meant that Nero was a good person, which meant that his own resentment was unfounded. He sighed. Perhaps he could lighten up a little.

"Thunderbirds are very selective, so you should take that as a true honor." Volt, now relaxed, fully settled in on Nero's shoulder, taking in all the petting she could. Hino felt bad, she hadn't received attention from anyone but him in a long time. Being one of the last of her kind and being isolated in the woods had left her living a lonely life these past few decades. As much as he pet her and took care of, it was apparent that she longed for contact aside from the Thunder God.

Hino looked at Nero a little dumbfounded at his question, then down at what he was wearing. He was half naked, wearing deer hide clothing, moccasins, his wolf headdress, and several other indicators that he most likely did not live in the city; and if he did live in the city, he would definitely stand out. It was as if this boy had been born yesterday and was just discovering the world now.

"No... I don't... I live in a forest." He answered vaguely, intentionally not giving any details as to where he was living. Though he wasn't sure if it would do him any good seeing as the woman called Harian had found his house somehow.

Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Kiyomi
Interaction: Phillip and Zoya

The lovely smile resting on Kiyomi's heart-shaped lips widened, reaching from cheek to cheek as Zoya spoke and smiled herself. There was a radiating warmth spreading through her chest at the sight of seeing another happy and it was a feeling the kitsune knew all too well. If there was anything she wanted in life, it was to bring joy to those around her. After all, that was the sole reason for her extended stay on earth.

"There's no need to thank me. If you ever need my help again, I'll be here for you." She murmured quietly. Even as she simply stood there, her posture upright and head held high, there was a natural elegance and grace that she possessed that never seemed to disappear.

The surprised look on Zoya's face was something Kiyomi expected and she giggled quietly to herself, a bit amused at her reaction.

"Oh my, I apologize if that shocked you. I have reached a level of divinity that allows me to have unlimited knowledge. I know everyone and everything. The only exception is that I can’t see into the future. That, I cannot do. But even though I have never met you, I can sense who you are and who you used to be." Kiyomi explained calmly. The kitsune clearly sensed Zoya's discomfort after saying her name aloud and she took a small step forward, leaning herself closer until they were a few inches apart.

"Don't worry. Your secrets are safe with me." She spoke in a low tone that was inaudible to the others, flashing Zoya a playful wink before pulling away.

After their quick conversation had ended, their attention was redirected to the beaming heavenly light that illuminated the dark basement. Seeing the divine figures did not phase Kiyomi in the slightest as she was one herself, however as they disappeared and Harian began to speak, her white ears perked up at the word 'base'. She couldn't help but wonder what that meant, and her curiosities were quickly sated at the sight of a magnificent marble stairwell appearing out of thin air. Kiyomi's pale gaze lit up with wonder as she followed the group down the steps, and as they descended further down, her look of simple wonder turned to awe in a matter of seconds. The building was absolutely pristine, like something out of a children's storybook. High ceilings, gold trimmings aligning the white walls, and flowing royal curtains, the kitsune had never been to such a beautiful place before. She stepped off the last step of the marble staircase and gazed out of each glass window she passed by in the hallway, admiring the brilliant green grass outside and the blue sky above.

The group continued to follow Jophiel and Harian until they came to a room with an extravagant pool and a flowing fountain inside. Even as she entered, Kiyomi knew this was no ordinary pool of water. The fresh scent filling the air smelled of falling mist and roses; a place of healing. With a deep inhale, she breathed in the relaxing scent and exhaled with a sigh, looking quite content. It was much too inviting to ignore and a few members of the group dove in immediately, causing Kiyomi to giggle softly while they fooled around. The water did look wonderful, but she decided against swimming for now and instead approached a bay window overlooking the colorful field of flowers. Her eyes flitted across the view and she smiled to herself. Kiyomi could sense someone approaching her from behind, however she chose not to acknowledge them just yet.

"Do you ever help yourself? Or do you only look after strangers?"

A familiar voice spoke from behind her. The kitsune laughed softly to herself. It was a pleasant sound, like the chime of a bell. Kiyomi swiveled to meet his gaze, the sunlight brightening the blueness of her irises.

"My, my... is that worry I hear in your voice? I must say I'm flattered." She retorted in a rather flirtatious tone, clearly teasing him. It was rather cute to see someone concerned for her safety. However as he reached out to place his hand onto Kiyomi's shoulder and offered to heal her injuries, her teasing expression quickly shifted into one of worry. The way that he healed others took a toll on his own body and she witnessed it firsthand after Phillip helped Nero.

"Wait, you don't have to do that..." Her voice faded into a soft whisper after realizing it was too late. Kiyomi's eyes widened as their gazes locked, seeing the same swirling change of color in Phillip's eyes that she'd seen previously. The weight of exhaustion began to lift from her chest, and although it was barely noticeable, Kiyomi could feel their souls merging briefly into one. He was looking into her past, flipping through every chapter of her life like an open book. The puncture wound on her shoulder had vanished, as well as the burns. It was over as quickly as it began and her worried expression only deepened after seeing the visible toll it took on Phillip's being. His knees buckled suddenly and she lunged forward, gently placing both of her hands onto his shoulders to steady him. This movement had inevitably brought the two of them closer and she stood only a few inches away from him now.

Kiyomi's eyes searched his face as he stared out the window behind her.

"You are too kind," she told him softly, a small smile on her face.

"...but I worry this was too much for your body to handle. Perhaps you should rest." Kiyomi advised him, her hands lingering on his shoulders for a moment longer before she pulled away and smiled at him. Their interaction came to a close rather quickly as Phillip spoke to her one last time and then trekked down the hallway. Her pale eyes followed after him curiously, worry still etched into her pale features. He seemed like he could take care of himself and wished to be left alone, so the kitsune didn't follow after him. Instead, the muffled sounds of the group intensified as she listened in and brought herself back to reality. Jophiel was about to show them to their rooms, and not wanting to miss the tour, Kiyomi padded away from the large window to join them.

She followed him up another flight of stairs where a table awaited them at the top. Cards rested atop the smooth wooden frame and she walked towards the edge, carefully swooping one of them into her grasp while inspecting it curiously. The pointed white ears on top of her head suddenly perked up at the mention of the magical door and how it could even take her back home if she wanted. This intrigued her, but only for a moment before her thoughts were whisked away by the mention of their rooms. Immediately, a vivid image of her shrine popped into her mind, remembering its appearance before it was destroyed. The thought brought back old, haunting memories and for a split second, Kiyomi's pale expression saddened. Her sadness vanished suddenly and was replaced by her usual calmness as she shook the dark images away, trying not to dig up the past.

As much as she wanted to see her old home, she felt as though she should wait and instead watch the others. She leaned her back up against one of the walls, smiling calmly as the others retrieved their cards and found their rooms. Besides, Kiyomi wanted to continue exploring the rest of the building. There would be plenty of time to rest later.

MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild @ anyone

Last edited:
Gabriel enjoyed the water more than he should have. More than he had imagined. They acted like children playing in a pool together and it was the most relaxing and enjoyable experience he had had in a while. They had survived their first battle together as a group. Many of them had come out worse for ware on the other side of the conflict but it wasn't dampening their spirits. They had won.

When everyone had had their fill of the relaxing waters of the healing pool, Gabriel clambered out and made his way to the changing room. He emerged moments later in dry clothes, shorts and a light green t-shirt. When their new 'Guardian angel' whisked them away down the hall to their rooms and keycards, he watched in fascination as Harian walked away into her pitch black room. He had no idea what sort of a room he even wanted. He hadn't had his own actual room like this since he was a kid. He watched the others for a time, taking in what choices they made for their own rooms before he headed off down the hall towards where the reading area had been pointed out. He felt like taking his time to get creative and wanted to relax a bit longer with a good book. As he left, he flashed a smile to the few companions he had gotten to know more than the others and waved lightly, dismissing himself. This time though, there was no sadness or sorrow in his eyes or tone. He simply wanted to take his time before making a decision.

"I'll catch you lot later, I'm going to go bury my head as deep as I can in a good book. I haven't had the opportunity to just relax and enjoy a quiet moment to read in a while."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Feywild Feywild GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Last edited:
Ayramis finished up soon after his healing. He wrapped himself a towel around his shoulders and followed the group. He stood to the back, aloof, his mind now quieted, he focused on other things. Wondering namely if there was a kitchen, there had to be a kitchen. There had to be food. He smiled as the Jackal provinces around the outskirts of the group walking the halls. He focused his attention enough to pick up a room card, and listen to the instructions. He smirked a little as he made his way to a blank door. He held a thought in his head and opened the door. As soon as he stepped in, he could feel the hot desert air, the hot sand beneath his feet. He smiled looking back at the angel then at his door. A jackal head was engraved prominently in the middle. With a small sigh of relief he stepped fully into the room, the warm breeze cooling as it his the water still in his hair. “Catch you guys later!” He exclaimed as the jackal yipped once more then bounded inside. Ayramis made his way into the shade and lay on a hammock suspended above a small pond. His room was a literal desert oasis.

Phillip stumbled up the steps to his room. He'd listened in on Jophiel's instructions but remained silent the whole time. Still he didn't trust his surroundings, nor the angel nor the rest of the group. Phillip had simply arrived here, been thrown into this chaos due to his masters wishes. It was all bullshit.

His hand rested on his door nob for a long time. Phillip didn't have a hard time envisioning his room, he simply didn't trust the magic as others claimed it to be. He imagined a bed, small, just big enough for him yet unbelievably comfortable. He imagined the absence of any light at all, complete darkness, save for one tiny nightlight which would rest beside his bed. He imagined a small alter, in the center of the room dedicated to his greek gods. Then finally he imagined a room absent of any windows, leaving only the door for an escape and entrance, there'd be no surprises for Phillip, none at all.

He opened the door, walked inside and closed it immediately after. He stripped naked completely, freeing himself from the bikers outfit he'd stolen previously. The light from his silver chain hummed a soft hue of pink and purple. His interaction with the Kitsune Kiyomi had been the final nail in the coffin of sleep. He fell straightforward, trusting his imagination to place the bed in the right spot. Then the cursed one drifted off into his usual nightmares of hell.

"It is certainly an honor." Nero kept his gaze trained on Volt's for as long as she held it, only turning away at the mention of a forest. His head cocked to one side and he furrowed his brows. "So did I, until it told me that something strange was going on outside of it. I wonder if they were one and the same?" He pondered at the thought of there being other forests until the sounds of people leaving the pool tugged at his attention. At the sight of the group gathering beside Jophiel, Nero offered a timid smile to Hino and stroked Volt's feathers one more time, then gently placed her back onto the other man's shoulder. "I think the rest are heading further in. I'm glad that I got to speak to you both and hopefully we can talk more sometime. Seems as though the both of us need practice at it." With a polite bow of his head, he walked off towards the others.

Nobody in particular seemed to know what was going on aside from Harian and Jophiel. When they came to the fork at the top of the steps, he watched as Harian disappeared into the black mist that her room was obscured by, spotting a select few disappear into their own rooms shortly afterward. Others seemed to dismiss them completely in favor for other parts of the house. Nero ended up giving in to the curiosity of what his mind would conjure up for a room and jogged down the hall to a random door. As his hand wrapped tightly around the knob and confidently twisted, the boy had no doubt that he'd walk into interior of the humble hut that he wished so dearly for.

However, his vision faltered and his mind blanked the moment that he pushed on the door. The image was instantly lost, but his body stumbled forward into the room regardless. The first thing that assaulted his senses was an unfamiliar scent. It was crisp and pure and carried an unmistakable saltiness to it. Only when his eyes had adjusted to the sudden lack of light was he able to really discern it from his surroundings. The entirety of what was supposed to be a room was surrounded by the rolling, rippling waves of the sea, and Nero now stood on the sand that bordered it. To make sure that he wasn't imagining anything, he peered back into the hall towards the others, then at the doorway still embedded in the wall. On the door's surface were the words, "Tibi multo amore." It certainly was real. The door drifted closed as he finally decided to step further into the "room." The door rose proud against the outline of a dense forest behind it and looked far too out of place and unnatural. It couldn't have been past the evening in what Nero would now call the real world outside, but here the stars shone bright above and the moon hid behind distant, wispy clouds that drifted along on an unseen breeze. He strode toward the shore in wonder, the only evidence that he was ever there being the outlines of his feet in the sand behind him, and even those were washed away by the tide. Very soon he was left with nothing but himself, the cool air and the dim lighting that blanketed the beach; it left everything around him looking spectral, eerie, almost otherworldly.

It was difficult to see from the shoreline, but behind the doorway along the border between forest and beach, there stood a lone gazebo. The closer that he got, the more of it was revealed - it was made up of intricately carved hardwood and stood at least the height of a small house. It covered an elevated deck and was exposed to the air so that one could see the landscape beyond, though it only had one set of stairs to get up to it from and a short fence lining all eight of it's sides. The gazebo sported a single cot, a small fountain of what seemed to be clean water running beside it and at least a few dozen strangely large books stacked neatly on one side. Perhaps the most peculiar decoration was a tall, elegant statue of a woman towards the back that he didn't at first recognize. The closer he stepped to it to study the statue's features, the more familiar she seemed, though he could never place a finger as to why.

Just as he reached up to touch the face of the statue, his vision once again started to go black, though he was now accompanied by a flurry of thoughts instead of a blank mind. Memories, of things he'd seen but hadn't seen, of places he'd never been and people he knew, though they didn't know him. The force of them brought him down onto his knees, and he quickly succumbed to the memories as his consciousness faded and the world around him went black.

Last edited:
Drying her hair with a spare towel that was just laying around, keeping it on her head as she followed everyone else back into the building. As Harian explained how the room card works Hayle picked on up and glanced at it. Everyone had chosen a room and already headed inside of it but Hayle wasn't quite sure what she even wanted her room to be, she could have it as a snowy land and could create her own room out of it but then no one would come near her room from the sheer cold of it all. Heading to a door no one had chosen she grabbed the door handle and thought very carefully about her options, sighing she pushed open the door and looked inside. Looking around it appeared to be a simple bedroom containing white furniture and along the edges of the ceiling there were small icicles glimmering in the light. She didn't notice but the room was slightly colder than the outside, cold enough that she was comfortable but not too cold that people wouldn't have to wear ten layers just to enter her room. It was simple but she loved it, she didn't need an entire snowy wasteland just to be happy she only needed a simple bedroom that was slightly colder than everywhere else. Stepping into her room and closing the door behind her she immediately flopped onto her bed and sighed from how relaxing it was, rolling onto her back she stretched a little even though the waters helped her wounds it didn't quite help the tension in her body. So as she laid down she closed her eyes a little just to relax a little more.

Messing around in the water and just having fun was exactly what Zoya had needed to loosen up. The towel that greeted her when she got out couldn’t have been any more comforting, it was so fluffy and warm. A giggle that turned into a cough escaped her when she spied a cocooned Harian, she shifted her hand to cough into it not very convincingly as she tried to cover up her new smirk. This group was strange, at least from what she’d seen, that didn’t mean she was complaining though. It was a nice difference to the loneliness she’d had for what felt like the longest time.

Taking a deep breath, Zoya chose a room and shut her eyes tightly, her face scrunching up as she did so. In her head she was trying to picture what her rook would be like, what would she want it to be like, what would feel right? There had to be furs, they reminded her of the beautiful simplicity life had presented her when she’d been nothing more than a human. Although that life certainly hadn’t been wonderful, she couldn’t help but miss the smallest things she’d treasured then. Darkness would be welcome, not the stifling encroaching blackness of hopeless night, but the darkness that comes with a night where the moon shines through and makes her feel like she’s not alone anymore.

Zoya knew what she wanted.
Taking the door handle with the image clear in her head, she twisted it open and peered in curiously. When she was greeted with darkness that held small wisps of white lights floating and blinking softly like stars, she couldn’t help the wonder that overtook her face. The whole room was shaped like an observatory dome, it had large windows that showed an ever expanding night sky and most importantly the bright moon in the centre of it all. Dark furs lined the floor, forming a coordinated mismatch of a carpet. In the centre of the room was her circular bed, with covers of the softest furs. A dressing table lay to the left that held a delicate mirror in the middle, next to it lay a white lined lamp which could easily illuminate the darkness if turned on. Opposite that there was a curving closet, moving with the rooms shape, if everything was right there would be clothes that ranged from silky nightgowns to the cosiest of oversized sweaters.

Stepping inside was a little daunting, the fear it would all just disappear was ebbing away at her, but when her feet met the soft furs of the rug after a few steps in she could really embrace it. She’d thrown her towel onto a peg outside and couldn’t find herself to be bothered that she was still a bit wet. Jumping onto her bed and falling asleep to the sight of the night sky was too enticing to ignore.

Jophiel returned to the living room after he had seen to the team. He would let them rest and then, he would fulfill his promise and explain why he had called them.

They were gathered by that evening, Jophiel standing by the television, remote in his hand, while the others had been asked to pile on the sofas and cushioned chairs. Harian sat closest to him, reclining in a lazyboy, examining her fingernails with a bored expression.
"There is much I should explain, much you have a right to know, but the beginning of all this...is something I fear you already know."
He turned the television on and hit play. Segments from news programs all around the world began to play, reporting bombings, fires, kidnappings, wars and natural disasters.
"The world has always had its misfortune, but these events have begun happening more frequently, and..."
He paused the footage of a large building fire, then the screen went blank. Jophiel looked irritably at the remote and hit a few more buttons to no effect. He made a face.
Harian sighed and held out her hand. After a few more fruitless tries Jophiel surrendered the remote with a sigh.
Harian got the picture back and focused in on a dark shadow, poking out from behind the flaming structure.
"Yeah that's a spirit. Bad one." She told them. She flipped to the next bit of footage, the smoking wreck of a car that had plowed into a busy sidewalk. The shadow was there again, hovering over a man cuffed and pinned to the hood of a police car, face crimson with blood.
Every scene contained the dark shadow, silent observer of the destruction wrought.
"These mysterious beings are interfering in a way that is altering the course of this planet, and it's people. We believe they are trying to induce the end times." Jophiel continued.
"Everyone is worried." Harian added, "Not just the halos."
"The dark energy generated by these spirits interfering is upsetting the balance in a very bad way. If the current trajectory continues...it could destroy everything. This has become more than a battle for the salvation of humanity. This is slowly turning into a battle for existence as we know it."
"In your dimension." Harian interrupted, jabbing the remote in his chest. Her tone made it clear that she wasn't as attached.
"We've gathered teams of as much diversity as could be obtained. This has become a battle for all of us, so we cannot afford to dismiss anyone with ability. For now, our instructions are to recover, and await further orders."
"Yeah, since the Stupid Gabriel jacked our clue."
"I'm afraid that even though not everyone answers to the archangels, I do. If we're going to be a team, we must work as a unified front with the rest of the gods and spirits. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how we win."
Jophiel stayed behind after his talk to answer questions, but for the most part the message had been clear. They were fighting for the world, but for now, the game was a waiting one.

*~*~*

It was several days before any word came from the outside. Plenty of time for the team to get used to their new surroundings. The door was open and they were free to come and go as they wished. All but Harian, who, on her master's orders, could not leave without having a strict mission given by the angel. Jophiel did his best to circumvent this by sending Harian out on errands to fetch this or that, telling her she could "take her time coming back". Harian was grateful for this, though she would never admit it.

When the archangel Gabriel did contact them he did not just drop a phone call. He appeared, right in the hallway between the kitchen and the living room, wearing a grey suit with a baby pink shirt and a lighter grey tie with a French horn motif. Harian had been relaxing as a cat on the back of the sofa and was scared straight off it, falling with a yowl and a bottle-brush tail. She appeared again from behind it in her human form.
"What the Hell man?!"
Gabriel ignored her, going instead for Jophiel at the kitchen island, as usual with a newspaper in hand.
"Get your team together." He said flatly.

*~*~*

Once everyone was gathered in the living room the archangel Gabriel brought up a satellite map of a small residential area.
"Neuilly-sur-Seine area just outside of Paris. Your target is in this house." One small apartment lit up. "I've forwarded the address to your devices. This is a simple eradication mission."
Harian raised an eyebrow. "Whoa, I didn't know you halo types went in for murder. This just got interesting."
Gabriel only then turned to shoot her a disdainful glance. "We don't, but this time the target can't be allowed to live." He turned back to the room.
"The human we've identified bears all the marks and signs of the anti-christ."
Jophiel gasped audibly.
"That's impossible! The appearance of the anti-christ wasn't supposed to happen--"
"I'm aware of the facts Jophiel." Gabriel cut him off. "Which is why we need this problem solved. This being is in possession of a great and terrible power, coupled with no moral understanding, his appearance in this manner is a wildcard that will only spell disaster. I don't like it either Joph, smiting is...old policy...but if we don't do this, it could mean game over...permanently."
Jophiel's frown was pained.
"He'll be well-guarded," Gabriel continued, "whatever brought him into the game has been protecting him since he arrived. The house will be surrounded by hostiles. I wasn't able to gather much information about them, the scouts I sent...well, they didn't come back."
He scanned the room with a serious expression. "Your job is to get past the defenses, get in, do the job, and get out. This will not be easy. I was on the fence about handing this mission off to your team Jophiel, but I was assured you'd be up to the task."
The angel didn't answer, he simply looked at his team, wanting their opinions about the mission.

"One less human." Harian shrugged. "And if this one's as bad as you say--which isn't hard to believe--then good riddance."

Lioness075 Lioness075 MrBossMan MrBossMan andujarprime andujarprime The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Feywild Feywild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back