• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Gabriel saw everything in slow motion. A flash of bright flame. A mad dash out into the dark recesses of their underground hell. Two down.
Damn it! No you fucking don't!
Before he even realized what was happening, his feet were already in motion. His every muscle burned from the constant combat. His lungs ached. The next few seconds were a blur. Rats. Darkness. Screeching. A mound. Body. He yanked the kid free with one hand, curling him up underneath his arm like a sack of potting soil.

"Damn it, kid! I swear to whatever gods you believe in, if you get me killed I will kick your ass!"

The adrenaline kicked in. Sliding. Tripping. Nearly fell. And with a burst of speed that would make Usain Bolt jealous, he ran. His calves burned like hot irons. Hard to breath. Lungs burning. Couldn't stop. Wouldn't. The light grew as they approached.

Almost there. Hang on just a little longer.

He was feet away. Tired. So tired. The next step, his luck ran out. His foot hit the ground, finding nothing but gore and slick rat blood. He slipped. He couldn't soften the fall. He fell backwards. Hard. Without the soft mold to cushion the impact, his back and head struck the ground. The air driven out of his lung. He was stunned. His vision swam. It was only a few seconds. But in a battle, a few seconds meant the difference between life and death. They came for them. Seizing the opportunity, rats barreled towards them. And Gabriel could do nothing to protect them.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Chaos continued to unfold around him. Despite his best efforts, he could not keep everyone safe. The group seemed to disperse slightly, as several sought out sigils and then others rushed to their defense. The rat swarm was endless and Falarion knew the group was not going to be able to keep this up for long. Those sigils were going to be their lifeline and they were running out of time.

Just then, he felt a cold breeze and sucked in his breath as he watched an ice shard down a rat that had just begun to leap at him. Breathing heavily, Falarion turned to see the ice woman nearby and heard her apology. Slightly perplexed, Falarion replied, “Uh, yeah! All good here! Protect those seeking the sigils!” ( GamerCarrot GamerCarrot )

Sweeping his staff out in a wide arc, Falarion banished yet another group of rats and then shouted over his shoulder, “I have to help the others, Harian, watch yourself!” ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ) He had to trust that she could take care of herself, as he saw one after another of the group collapsing. He took a running leap and put one hand as he did a round off over the top of a swarm of the rats. As he landed, he pushed forward, his bounding rush projecting him far ahead of any rats chasing him. He then leapt up towards the ceiling and managed to grab an exposed wooden beam before swinging forward. He landed on some of the mold and swept his staff around himself in a quick sweep. He swiftly cleared a safe space and glanced behind himself to see the downed men ( Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n ). Worriedly, he asked, “Hey, are you two okay? Hello?” The rats rushed him again and forced Falarion to turn away from the men with a grim expression. His eyes and staff glowed brightly once more and he let out a determined shout before he began spinning and sweeping away the rats with his blindingly fast strikes.

Breaking out of her trance had been hard, it was easy for her to get lost and act alone. It’d been too long since she’d fought with others. Zoya zoned back in, and with that her fire twister dispersed back to being a normal fire. Everyone seemed to be faring well for themselves, each slinging their different ways of fighting around and Harian had been healed. Three of the sigils were activated, she hoped everyone’s energy hadn’t been fully depleted. Then before she could even react, the last one had been activated and it’d truly developed into a struggle and she’d realised that maybe everything wasn’t going as well as it all appeared.

Shifting her arms, she swam through the air propelled by the wind she summoned and hovered over the group where everything had gone to hell. Without a moment of hesitation; Zoya dropped onto the ground besides the downed men, blasting the encroaching rats away and stamping on the one that got through her defence, cursing when it snapped her heel and she almost toppled. “Pass me the boy, I can help him and the pretty fox lady!” Zoya called out, eyes wide in that familiar growing fear. She didn’t want to leave anyone to face the rancid rat hordes but it was either that or risk the surrounded group all getting hurt. Though she never got to have the bitten boy handed over as she snatched him under her arm, eyes dancing as they located his wounds and her brows knitted together, muttering a low prayer to her old God she could only hope everything would be okay.

“Cover me! I’m gonna get him back on his feet.” She shouted to the monkey boy who was her main form of defence and immediately planted her hands onto the wounds, singing under her breath as she channeled her internal energy into purging his body of imperfections. In any other situation she would’ve thought she’d looked like a spectacle, with her hair glowing and eyes glowing like the pale moon and her skin lighting up like the stars, but with mould floating around and rats dying left and right she supposed now wasn’t the time. Pure white energy surrounded Nero’s wounds as she focused on ridding them of the poison, then healing them when it’d been destroyed. Exhaustion kicked in instantly and she slumped forwards when she’d finished, catching her breath for a brief second and smiling at the man she’d just saved, “don’t get bit again darling, I don’t think I can do something like that again for at least another day.”

Now she had to get that kitsune away from danger. Zoya took to parting a path through the rats, air swirling around her like a shield as she started moving towards the collapsed fox lady, taking her in her arms and whisking them away from the danger by immediately getting off of the ground and into the air where she kept herself afloat with whatever remained of her powers. “You could’ve gotten yourself seriously hurt dear, don’t throw yourself in a fight when you’re about to pass out.”

Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

Before Phillip could utter a word the white fox form of Kiyomi jumped into view. She was visibly exhausted, panting heavily and wobbling legs. Yet the kitsune's light amplified, halting the rat swarm on the edges of darkness. Phillip stood still with amazement as the animal burst into flames. Throwing fire at the vermin with her nine tails. When it was all over the ground was littered with ash and pieces of rat meat.

The fire that once engulfed her entire form simmered down into embers. Her light faded away and with that she crumbled onto the floor. When she spoke to him, silent and with effort, Phillip walked closer to her resting on one knee beside her beaten form. Gently Phillip scooped the animal up in his arms, her legs dangling low and bumping into his waist as he walked. He tried his best to avoid stepping on the dead rats, but that was impossible as they were everywhere.

"You're either naive or a fool," he said aloud to Kiyomi "risking your life for a stranger. That being said, I'm grateful." He then handed her off to Zoya, whom had flown over to help. He gave Zoya a nod, then when they started to trek back to the others Phillip gave the white fox a smile.

Upon his arrival with the group Phillip looked at Harian. The woman had been in the midst of the battle almost the entire time.

"The sigils have been activated," his voice hoarse "now tell me what exactly do they do?"

Kiyomi
Interaction: Phillip and Zoya

Kiyomi's chest rose and fell softly, her pale eyes following Phillip as he moved to kneel beside her. She felt his arms slide underneath her and lift her up effortlessly into his grasp. A pleasant warmth spread through her worn body at his sudden act of kindness, the fox smiling to herself as he carried her. It never failed to amaze her how compassionate people could be and she always made sure to savor these moments, for they did not happen often.

After hearing Phillip speak, Kiyomi chuckled quietly at his words, settling her head against his chest. She found it to be quite comfortable.

"I am neither naive nor a fool. This is what I was meant for." The fox whispered to him. Even though in Phillip's eyes she practically risked her life, Kiyomi knew deep down that she could not be killed. It was both a blessing and a curse, being immortal. She chose not to ascend to the heavens after she received her ninth tail, and now she must experience the hardships of life by the day.

As she rested against him, the glowing white orbs behind her continued to float, straying a few inches away from Phillip's frame. She felt his arms begin to shift her away, feeling the hands of another wrap around her. Kiyomi felt quite silly being a powerful nine-tailed Kitsune, and yet she was being passed around like a football. The woman who took her into her arms gingerly spoke down to her as she floated away from Phillip. With a gentle laugh, Kiyomi shook her head.

"You are too kind and I appreciate your concern for my safety, but I would much rather put myself in harms way than to see someone else die. I'm still alive, and so is he." She responded, a gentle smile on her face. Even as she proceeded to rest, Kiyomi could feel her power slowly returning to her as time passed. The white pearls behind her began to brighten by the minute and it seemed all it took was a moments rest to rejuvenate herself. Self-healing was just one of the many perks of being a 1,000 year-old Kitsune. While they walked back, the fox looked behind her at Phillip and their eyes met briefly. She returned his smile with her own and bowed her head gratefully, silently thanking him for earlier. Kiyomi turned her head away from his, peering at the others to make sure they were alright.

After feeling much stronger and energetic, her big blue eyes rose up to meet Zoya's, blinking softly.

"I think I can stand on my own now. Thank you for allowing me to recover." She thanked her and bowed her head to the woman.

MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild @ anyone

Last edited:
*Well, that went about as poorly as it could have.*

Gabriel stood, the effects of the impact fading quickly. He took a moment to survey the current situation. It looked like people were on their feet again for the most part.

"I'm fine. My ego is a little banged up but otherwise good to go. Thanks for the save. I owe you a drink. We need to fall back and regroup with the others. I have a feeling things are about to get a lot worse."

He took up a flanking position next to their timely rescuer, snagging a bit of jagged wood to replace the broken bottle he had lost when he made his unfortunate slip up. The good news was his momentary inability to move let his muscles relax a bit and the aching had begun to recede. There was a lull in the combat. Either the rats were running out, which was highly unlikely, or they were about to be hit. Hard. Either way, they needed to move.

"I hate rats. This is why I never became an exterminator."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075

Harian cringed as if she’d been hit. “Oof, you know humie? If you’re going to come up with nicknames like that, I might have to feed you to the rats.
Gabe then had the gall to try and bench her and Harian looked absolutely indignant. “There will never be a day when I take orders from a Matrix fanboy like you.”
What was with this guy? Did he have that much of a death wish that he was wiling to put himself between anyone and danger? Still, the edge in Harian’s voice was not as sharp as it could have been.
Besides, I can’t do anything about the bite. I’m not strong enough…
Naberius Naberius

Anubis didn’t disappoint, finding the first sigil with his jackal pet, he reached it soon after and touched the glyph. Hino found the next one, the flash of light nearly blinding Harian, but disorienting a cloud of rats close by, stunning them long enough for her to incinerate them. andujarprime andujarprime

Then it was Falarion’s time to shine. Harian watched as he landed in front of her, twirling his staff and sending hundreds of the dread little beasties back to hell. “Huh, well, power like that might just balance out how annoying you are. Lioness075 Lioness075

The next to check on her was Hayle, and Harian’s eyes softened only a little before she realized it.
Worry about your own routine Disney on Ice. The last thing we need is you getting bitten too! GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Harian would be lying if she said the nine-tailed fox that bounded up to her wasn’t at least a little intimidating, but Kyomi was also beautiful and even Harian was struck dumb for a second or two as she offered to heal her wounded paw.
The djinn wondered if the holy magic would burn, but the sensation was warm and pleasant. She could feel the demonic poison leave her essence.
Thank you.” Was all she could say, as she saw the tole the magic took. As Kyomi continued to fight nearby, Harian kept her flanks clear too, using fire and fang to clear the beasts that swarmed them. The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit
It was only when Kyomi rushed to Philip’s aid that she realized he was in trouble at all. Harian could only keep half an eye on them as she continued to fight, preventing the others from having to deal with too many sides at once. Kyomi collapsed then and Harian swore. MrBossMan MrBossMan The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

Dammit Firefox! Pace yourself! She yelled into her own head. Before Harian could make a move toward her however she caught a shock of white hair running like a bat out of hell toward another sigil.
KID!” She saw him go down, the flash of light under him as the sigil activated, but the creatures were on him before she could blink. The Gabriel was there to help, or to try anyway. Harian winced as he slipped.
Only you could mess that up justicar…” she muttered, but she was already moving to them. As Zoya landed to take care of Nero, Harian arrived and sent another wave of rats squealing into an ashy death. She landed as the flames on her body finally went out. She rounded on Nero, slumped in the Vila’s arms.
You’re an idiot!” She snapped, “What were you thinking charging into a hoard of demon minions alone? When I get my claws on that stupid angel for bringing you into this…
Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Feywild Feywild

There wasn’t anymore time for chastising however. Harian stuck to Gabriel as another horde of vermin attacked, and she made sure they couldn’t get a single crooked tooth into him.
The rat numbers were waning, finally their efforts were paying off. The few swarms were skittering into the shadows, much more tentative about attacking through the ashes of their fallen comrades.
Philip was actually able to cross the room undisturbed, holding Kyomi in his arms. Harian caught the little exchange. “No, he’s right, you’re a fool.” She confirmed for the fox.
The sigils, now that was a more difficult question. “Why’re you asking me? I don’t know squat about those weird toga-wearing goodie-goodies or their magic. I just know the sigils are supposed to help.
Lioness075 Lioness075 MrBossMan MrBossMan andujarprime andujarprime The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Naberius Naberius Crocodile Crocodile Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe GamerCarrot GamerCarrot The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard Feywild Feywild

*~*~*

Suddenly the four sigils sang with one resonant note, like someone had chimed a Tibetan prayer bowl, only it was being pumped through a loud speaker. The sound threatened to split Harian’s head. Then four pillars of light burst through the dark, burning it away and a horrible roar shook the entire room.

Light began to chase through the cracks in the floor, snaking along the concrete to run up a dark, formless figure. The light bound it, dragged it from the shadows, and suddenly they were faced with the terror that they had come down to kill:

The demon’s head as animal-like, but void of flesh, only festering skin and blackened bone. Four jagged horns protruded from its head, two from the top and two out from the back of the Jaw. Its body was man-shaped, peeling blistering skin revealing raw and decaying muscle, from the elbow that skin blackened and rotten, ending in five long, sickle-shaped claws. Dark, leathery wings protruded from its back. In one savage scream it wrenched the ribbons of light free, snapping them into nothingness.

The creature was terrifying, but Harian was looking past it, to a sticky, blob-like mass dangling from tendrils of black ooze. Something was writhing inside it and suddenly a hand burst through. A pink, human hand.

That thing has Jophiel!” Harian cried. “We gotta get him out!

The demon screeched again and beat his great wings, sending a dark, noxious cloud of miasma across the entire room. It burned every bit of exposed skin of every being present.

Harian = 7
Falarion = Miss
Gabe = 5
Kyomi = 10
Ayramis = 7
Philip = Miss
Zoya = 6
Hayle = 3
Nero = Miss
Hino = 7
Anastasius = 3
Julian = 3

13/20 hp
Harian wasn't prepared. The miasma collided with her essence, not giving her enough time to put up a protective fire shield. She took the hit full on and the wave of foul wind knocked her over, dazing her for a moment. Her physical form began to give off a black smoke as she lost concentration. The recovery took her a few seconds but she got back to her feet, a determined expression on her feline face.

pestilence demon.jpgSuper-powered Pestilence Demon

A demon that, on its own, is not strong enough to challenge even the lowest-tiered angel, but something has been feeding this demon, bolstering its power. It is now strong enough to bring about a global pandemic that would wipe out a staggering number of people.

Battle info
Demons have a resistance to its attacks while divine characters have a weakness. Diving shielding is also weak. Divine attacks do an increased amount of damage, and binding magic is effective.
There is a dark, poison blob behind the demon, up against one of the walls. It contains the angel Jophiel, trapped by the demon. You can choose to attack the demon, or the cocoon to free Jophiel.
Dark cocoon: 10hp

Protection of the Owl

The cards each character carries gives all character a bonus to defense when the monster attacks.

Battle stats:
Boss: Demon
Divine attacks +1, Binding spells +1
Demonic attacks -1

**I will apply the modifiers to the boss’ attack rolls, including the “Protection of the Owl” + 1 defense modifier. The number I post for your character is the hp you lose. You cannot dodge the loss, but you may describe how you lose it.

For all boss fights we will use a simple dice system to determine the attack strength and the ability to defend for every character. Each attack turn for your character will have you role one time, and this will determine the amount of damage you do to the boss in that attack. Attacks your character makes, and their defense of the boss' attacks can be written in one post.
There will also be a set of character strengths and weaknesses to take into consideration depending on what type of enemy a boss is and what your character classification is. They will be outlined in an info tab upon the introduction of each boss.
For simplicity, each attack role will be done with a 6-sided die. The boss will have a different number attack die based on how I feel the battle stats are distributed but will not exceed 10. The damage point system works like this:

1 = crit fail, no damage, either the monster defends completely, or your character misses

2-5 = regular attacks, damage = number on the die

6 = crit strike, the player can roll another die and add the number to the total damage.

Monster attack: single enemies will usually have an AoE and a different dice role will be made for each character the boss is attacking. Multiple enemies will usually have a single target and not all characters will be attacked in one round. Under certain circumstances characters may not be targeted for attack. The GM will make the rolls for the boss and post them in the boss’ attack post, each number paired to a character.

1 = crit fail, your character successfully dodged or defended

2-9 = regular attack, damage = the number on the die

10 = crit strike, no extra damage added

All characters will start with 20 hp. The boss’ hp will vary and will not always be stated in the battle info. If you feel your character had been wounded prior to the fight, you can reduce the amount of hp. Please keep track of the amount of hp you have at the top of every post.

Lioness075 Lioness075 MrBossMan MrBossMan andujarprime andujarprime The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Naberius Naberius Crocodile Crocodile Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe GamerCarrot GamerCarrot The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard Feywild Feywild

Last edited:
15/20 HP

"Ya know fuzzy, if i didn't know any better, I-"

He never got a chance to finish speaking. His skull throbbed with immense pain as the chime echoed through the room. The monstrosity that towered before them was unlike any creature he had dealt with before. Hideous, dangerous, and pissed off. The acrid mist hit him like a searing tide. Under his coat, his skin burned and blistered. The pain was unlike anything he had ever experienced. Every inch of flesh felt like he had been dipped in acid. He dropped to his knees, holding his head in his hands. And just as suddenly as it had begun, his thrashing stopped and he went deathly still.

Seconds passed. Gabriel began to stir again, lowering his hands slowly. Eyes closed, he calmly stood. His voice was low, quiet. Alien. In a whisper audible only to those nearby, he spoke.

"I am...the bird of Hermes.."

A sound like a thousand Spartan warriors sending up their battle cry escaped his lips, reverberating through the musty confines of their battleground. His eyes flew open, orbs of pure bloody crimson. When he spoke, his voice was not his own. It was as though an entire legion spoke in unison from within his body.

"Here standeth the bird of Hermes! Eating mine own wings! To keep myself tame..."

With a strength beyond what any mortal man could achieve, the man who had been Gabriel brought his boot down with a thunderous boom. Cracks began to spread out from under his feet at the force of the impact. His right hand rose, pointing directly at the monstrous beast that was to be their enemy.

"Olympus hath cast it's judgement upon thee. You have been deemed a threat to the Balance. Lady Adrestia finds you guilty. Your sentence is eradication, to be carried out immediately. The mortal realm shall suffer your existence no longer. You bring the gods judgement upon yourself, monster."

Last edited:
14/20 HP

A soft laugh escaped Zoya at the kitsune’s comment, “if you die then you won’t be able to help anyone, don’t throw away your chance to help others and live.” She replied with her voice gentle, eyes dropping as she remembered that her own advice hadn’t exactly served her well. At least she was still living she supposed. Hearing Kiyomi’s thanks cut through her thoughts, Zoya smiled at the kitsune a little distantly, “It was nothing, just trying to keep everyone alive in whatever way I can.” She could understand Kiyomi’s motive and respected her for it, she hoped everyone else had a similar drive to be selected for whatever this was turning out to be.

Just as Zoya started floating down to drop Kiyomi off, at least 6ft away from the ground, her head felt like it was being split open by the piercing chime that cut through the room. Her hold on the poor kitsune tightened painfully, worsening when the foreboding demon appeared and screeched which made her grip even more harshly onto the silken furred fox. Then the toxic wave hit her, blistering her skin and more importantly to her, her face. The anger that had been building up in her reached its peak as she screeched in agony, throwing Kiyomi into the ground, blasting her with the wind she instinctually summoned as her bestial side took over her and raged. Shaky hands briefly covering her face defensively, before they were thrown down in anger like a child having a tantrum.

“That’s my face you’re ruining prick!” Zoya shrieked furiously, her voice hoarse and oddly guttural as she glared at the ugly demon, pale feathers sprouting onto her shoulders and cheeks. Scaly wings bursting from her back and shredding through the back of her coat as she pointed a now taloned hand at the beast and screamed dramatically, creating a whirling bubble of wind around herself. She then cackled, hawkish face twisting into a cruel predatory smile as her eyes danced over all of the others distantly, resting on the form of Kiyomi she’d thrown, appearing taken aback and almost apologetic for the briefest of seconds; before she shrugged it off and returned back to her focused hatred towards the equally angered demon.

The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit SilverFlight SilverFlight

20 HP

"Are you serious?" He jabbed at Harian, "this kid nearly died activating a sigil and you didn't even know how they'd help us?" Phillip's finger pointed at Nero's plagued body, the rat bites seemingly stamped into his skin. He paced over towards Harian, having entirely lost his patience. "I want answers" he demanded from the Djinn "and you have them." His eyes wicked colors of crimson and gold.

Before he could utter another sentence the echo was heard throughout the rotten cellar. He looked away from Harian and covered his ears. Scanning the room for the source of the sound. His eyes followed the dark tendrils which fled from the light and lead to the monstrosity before the group. Primal reaction took hold of Phillip who flinched at the sight of the creature.

Demons were all to real, countless lives and countless hells only reinforced that point.

While his eyes took sight of the beast his ears perked up at the sound of Gabriel's voice. A thunderous chant poured from the seemingly mortal man. Phillip knew it was godly. Unfortunately most of the words were lost due to Phillip's wandering thoughts and fears. Thus it was instinctual for Phillip to dive behind the crates just as the demon casted it's posion against the group.

Almost everyone was afflicted, Nero being the only exception Phillip could immediately see. He no longer had sight of the pestilence demon while he took cover from behind the crates. Instead he saw only the others. His eyes darted to Kiyomi first, then Zoya who held the fox in her arms. The posion splattered across her face which even made Phillip cringe. However he didn't react.

That is until Zoya sprouted wings of her own, much like the wings strapped to the pestilence demons back. Feathers grew on her body, talons ripped through her clothing and a whirlwind tornado whipped the air around her. His jaw dropped at the sight of her, yet still he remained frozen, hiding behind his crates.

A demon was amongst them, bidding her time and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. With Kiyomi being the one in Zoya's clutches she got the worst of it. The white fox was thrown down hard, Phillip hearing the thud as she bounced off the moldy floor. The demons black wings flapping roughly with rage and anger. A piercing cry tore through his ear drums, hammering into his skull.

"There's two of them!" Phillip screamed over the wailing demon. Trying to let the others know.

He was no longer allowed to think, thus Phillip acted. He sprung from behind his crates in defense of Kiyomi, coming between the wounded Kitsune and the demoness Zoya. She'd helped him and besides, Phillip couldn't chance the group being overcome. Especially since the first demon had struck so suddenly, harming most of the others in the process. He wouldn't let another demon flank them from behind.

Phillip's large shoulders slammed into Zoya. He hoped to pin her down, hold her until some of the others could assist. He didn't know why he was defending these strangers. He didn't even think it was about defending the others, at least not entirely.

Phillip just really had some bad experiences with demons. And all demons were the same....surely.

Feywild Feywild The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n

17/20
Damage: 2

Hayle looks up to see the gigantic demon in front of her, she gulped this was not going to help her image at all. Taking a deep breath she looked at her options trying to decide what she was going to attack first, the giant demon in front of her or the disgusting cage holding the angel. As much as angels usually hated Hayle she took a deep breath and summoned up all of the shards of ice that she had created and took aim. Using two that was already dripping in rat blood she chose her target and let loose two shards of ice that pierced the cage, it didn't do too much damage from what she could tell but at least she was trying to do something... anything to get the angel out of its cage.

"I'll try and get him out!" she shouted as she was about to take aim to try and hit the cage again she heard someone get slammed into a wall and someone shout out there were two demons, did they figure out what she was looking over to where a man and a winged creature was. Her hands started to shake, is this how they were going to react when they found out she was a demon as well? Would she be killed just because of the rest of the demons throughout the world. Walking over to the guy she pulled them off and looked at him concerned "We have bigger things to worry about right now! And besides if she wanted to hurt us would she really be helping us by healing those that are injured and even going after the bigger threat!" she gained back her confidence as she started to shout at him. She was kind of hurt that someone would react in such a way without checking the facts first, looking at the woman Hayle held out her hand to help them up and smiled "I'm sorry..." she apologised for the mans actions and turned back to the guy who was obviously angry at this woman "Look... deal with the actual problem first and free the angel that is your main concern is it not?" she spoke sternly which was surprising considering how sweet she looked.
MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild

Last edited:
Kiyomi
Health: 10/20
Damage: 3

After hearing Harian's harsh words and listening to Zoya shortly after, a soft laugh left her throat, the fox appearing amused rather than offended. The group would quickly learn that Kiyomi rarely lost her temper, and insults never seemed to harm her ego in the slightest. The gentle smile never left her face and she gave a curt nod of her head, ears flicking back and forth as she looked up at Zoya.

"Perhaps I was rather foolish..." Kiyomi admitted quietly, speaking with great poise despite being rebuked for her previous actions. Her shimmering gaze glanced downwards and watched the approaching ground inch closer and closer. Even before the loud chime rang out, the kitsune could sense the divine magic floating around them like a shroud. There was something else too. A presence that she'd sensed since she arrived at the bar. Dark and sinister like a tomb, this was a feeling Kiyomi knew all too well.

As the sigils beamed upwards like heavenly beacons of light, exterminating the shadows that had haunted the group, a deafening noise rang out. The fox pressed her pointed ears against her head as tightly as she could to drown out the noise. After all, her hearing was much more intensified compared to the others, and it was very painful to say the least. There wasn't even a moment of silence to spare as the sound died down and was soon replaced by a horrifying roar that practically shook the foundation of the building. A demon made itself visible for the world to see, ripping apart the streams of light like paper with its blackened claws. Despite its terrifying appearance as it towered over the group, Kiyomi remained calm, her eyes calculating every inch of the beast with one sweep. She watched the demon so intensively that she noticed the minuscule detail of the muscles connecting its two powerful wings beginning to tense, and immediately she foresaw its next move.

However, there was one problem; Zoya was still holding her and showed no intention of letting go.

She quickly realized that she was not going to make it to the ground in time as the sinister cloud of miasma rushed forward, the demon flapping its wings aggressively and sending the poisonous gas straight into the midst of the group. There was nothing Kiyomi could do but brace herself, and she did so by squeezing her eyes shut and tucking her head away into the scruff of her chest. It engulfed Zoya and the fox, sending the floating woman into a whirlwind of screams. Searing pain shot through every fiber of Kiyomi's being, feeling as if her skin was being flayed with a hot knife dotted with acid. She could barely contain herself from crying out. As if things couldn't get any worse, Zoya had flung the fox away out of anger, sending her deeper into the poisonous miasma. Kiyomi was faced with a harsh sacrifice as she fell to the ground. Although she could not see, the fox flipped herself in midair and faced her paws downward, sensing the floor beneath her as she landed perfectly on all fours.

Kiyomi continued to be trapped in the thick of the miasma, feeling its effects far longer than the others. She bent her head down and a few muffled yips reverberated inside her chest. The pain was so great that she could barely move a muscle. When the wave of gas had finally subsided, Kiyomi reopened her eyes and stood there silently, her muscles quivering. She forced herself to shake and expel any remaining poison trapped in her thick white fur. The scorching flashes of pain stopped and she allowed herself to suck in a few deep breaths after the suffering she had just endured. There was movement behind her, and Kiyomi watched as Phillip positioned himself between Zoya and her, bumping into the angry feathered woman and holding her down. As much as the fox wanted to help and appreciated Phillip's incentive to protect her, there were more pressing matters at hand. The altercation was addressed by Hayle, and in the midst of still recovering, she chose to ignore it.

Surprisingly, Kiyomi recovered quite quickly, recuperating and facing the demon with an oddly calm look on her face. The after effects of the miasma were clearly there, but the fox was powerful enough to surpass it and stand strong. She could feel the small presence of a person trapped in the sticky cocoon behind the demon. Harian spoke of him earlier, calling the confined being "Jophiel". Pushing herself forward, she broke into a lightning fast sprint, leaping past the members of her group in a white blur. Her paws dug into the floor and she skidded to a halt as she faced the cocoon more openly. The white pearls floating above her tails began to brighten and white fire engulfed her being once more. Not wanting to hurt the man inside, Kiyomi flicked a single tail forward, shooting a small orb of fire at the cocoon. It jiggled and hissed as the flame met its sticky core, the stem holding the vessel beginning to thin.

As she prepared to send another attack, another white nine-tailed fox suddenly appeared beside Kiyomi as if out of nowhere, standing beside her. It mirrored her movements and the difference was indistinguishable. A master of illusions, Kiyomi had created another version of herself in the blink of an eye. Not a single detail was out of place.

If the demon chose to attack, it would be absolutely humiliated.

MrBossMan MrBossMan Feywild Feywild @ anyone

Last edited:
HP {20/20}
Damage {2}

Catching his breath in between combating rats, of all things, Falarion overheard Harian's comment towards him and he turned to give her his classic, devilish grin. As he casually whacked a rat away with his staff, he said, "This is only a hint of how amazing I can be!" With a laugh, he turned away and once more continued eliminating their rat foes. It really felt like this was a never-ending battle and Falarion knew others were becoming fatigued from it already.

Any other thoughts he might have had were gone the instant the sigils came to life. The sound seemed to strike at his brain with a hammer and he cried out, as he fell to his knees in pain. He clutched at his head for a moment and then it was gone. In its place was the light coming from each of the sigils. Falarion tentatively opened his eyes and then slowly stood back up while retrieving his staff from the ground. Frowning, he muttered, "Surely, there could've been a quieter way to help us out." His eyes traced the trail the sigils' light left and then his jaw dropped when he saw what they were really supposed to be fighting. Sure, he had fought plenty of demons in his own time, but the vast majority of them had been simple and easy to kill overall. This was on a different level.

Harian shouted out that the demon had Jophiel and Falarion's eyes skimmed the area to find the odd cocoon situation beyond the demon. Immediately, a plan formed in Falarion's head and he quickly sheathed his staff into its case on his back. He then shouted out a very Tarzan-like yell, as he leapt up towards the ceiling and began swinging from the wooden beams above the demon. In doing so, he deftly dodged the pestilence attack and soon was behind the demon, landing near the cocoon. Swiftly, he drew his staff once more and it glowed brightly moments before he swung it down against the cocoon. Knowing someone was inside, Falarion mindfully held back the majority of his strength in his swing, wanting to break the person free and not give them a concussion in the process.
SilverFlight SilverFlight @ everyone else

Nero
Health: 20/20
Damage: 3

Recovering from the rat bites proved to be strenuous for Nero, both mentally and physically even alongside Zoya's selfless healing. The young nephilim had barely blinked himself back awake and was immediately assaulted with both Harian's scolding and the ache in his limbs, though he couldn't react to much due to a dull throbbing in his head. "I don't even know what happened..." His actions were sluggish at first, yet he still managed to clumsily rise to his feet, sticking close behind Harian and Gabriel. Any other time Nero would perhaps question why he was sticking so closely to a killing machine in human form and a panther that could alight it's fur at it's whim, but this was no normal occasion. The others were still fighting and he accounted for all heads that they'd began with. A very good sign amidst heaps of bad ones.

The chiming of the sigils as they activated reverberated throughout the entire room and seemed to affect some more than others; Harian, Duster Coat and the young man with the bo-staff all seemed nearly floored by it, while the others acted as though it was a painful nuisance. Nero himself attempted to withstand it unflinchingly and his gaze followed the light that seeped through the cracks toward it's target.

"What the-" What stood before them was a hulking, monstrous mass of muscle, bone and pure evil. It basically oozed the desire to kill and plague everything in sight, with them being the only ones unfortunate enough to be in the same room as it. One scream reverberated throughout the chamber as it tore the light attempting to bind it away from it's body - a scream of something worse than murderous intent - and a second one came after, followed by a noxious mist. He went wide-eyed as he realized what it was and instinct saved him once again, sending him to the ground behind an overturned table.

I can't do anything to that... thing.

Nero was brought back into reality when the woman who'd healed him let out an inhuman scream and Gabriel's foot smashed down onto the stone beneath them. It sent a shockwave from the point of contact that forced him to dodge away and settle into a crouch beside the rest of them; from the new position, he could see that most of the beings here had been affected, and some were already springing into action. Harian seemed to have been hit hard, but was already ready to strike again. Another three headed for the cocoon and from what little was shown behind the beast, it was clear that jelly-like sac had nearly ruptured due to their attacks. Phil tackled into the woman who'd screeched nearby and he contemplated diffusing the situation, but the girl who'd shot the ice crystals saw to that before he could, so he'd have to trust that it'd be resolved. While he may not be able to do much to the snarling beast immediately at hand, he could certainly try to help with the cocoon and leave the creature to the far superior entities around him.

It wasn't as easy as plowing into a horde of rats, however. He steeled himself for a few seconds, shot a worried glance back at his injured companions, then forced that same crooked, half-smile to show itself again.

"I don't know what this thing is, but I can try to do at least one more thing for this team!" His tone was involuntarily shaky as he shot away from the others. There was no telling just how long the creature would take to make another attack, so Nero's feet carried him faster than they ever had before, padding against the mist in a blur. He made sure to hug the wall as far away from the thing and always kept his eyes on the cocoon. It didn't take long until he was there, jumping into the air over Falarion and grasping onto what he'd hoped would be aid him: the two pale blue shards of ice that Hayle had left embedded in the oozing flesh of cocoon. The momentum that brought him down allowed Nero to drag the crystals through the jelly, instantly tearing through it in a gruesome display. It splattered onto his exposed limbs and clothing, but the attack allowed just enough of Jophiel's body to be freed that he could grasp the angel's hand and tug him away from the demonic prison.

Nero immediately slung the being over his shoulders and back, an arm and leg locked between his own arms respectively. He wanted nothing more than to call out their success to the rest of the group, yet the demon wasn't far from their location, so he began to jog back toward the other side of the room. It was all he could hope for that the abomination wouldn't notice him and the angel slung over his shoulders.

20 HP
Demon takes 5 damage

Phillip managed to pin the creature with great struggle. He was hoping someone from the group would come to his aid, as he couldn't hold Zoya long. Her wings began to flap defensively in an effort to break free from his steel grip. His eyes met with hers in this tussle but before his curse could take hold he felt a cold hand grab his elbow.

He was pulled off of Zoya and confronted by Hayle. Not wanting to meet her eyes Phillip found a sudden interest in the floor. Listening intently to Hayles reasonable words. He watched as Hayle helped Zoya to her feet and apologized for him. Phillip simply sighed and rubbed his cold elbow.

"Fine," he said as he looked around back at the pestilence demon. Not wanting to admit he was in the wrong, nor apologize. "Let's finish this." He figured the sooner the demonic threat was eliminated the sooner he could be brought into the fold. Answers being his motivation to continue.

That's when he noticed Nero was no longer among them. Looking past the demon he could see the boy carrying Jophiel on his shoulder. Staying close to the wall as if to hide from the monster. It'd be in vain however, Phillip saw the beasts head turn towards Nero. It was to late, he'd been seen. What made it worse was the fact that the angel Jophiel was with him. Phillip couldn't chance the one man whom had answers to die. No way.

He reached down and grabbed a two by four that was caked with mold.

"The kid has the angel," Phillip said to both Zoya and Hayle, intentionally manipulating the conversation away from his own fault. "Let's go get him before he dies." With that Phillip turned on his feet and began to run towards the demon. Hoping they'd follow but understanding if they didn't. Distracting the beasts attention away from Nero he picked up a heavy bottle and threw it towards his animalistic head.

He didn't say a word to the beast, to no one in fact, instead Phillip cocked back his wooden stick and in one hard swing he sent it down on the beasts shoulder. He was close, to close, but he'd had enough of this. When the wood struck the monster it hit him with such force it snapped in half and Phillip was left holding a useless piece of wood. He'd caught the creature by surprise but now it was focused on him.

Damn he thought.

Everyone Everyone

HP=13/20
Damage=4

Ayramis was busy with the rats that had closed in on him. He wasn't aware that the other sigils were activated. No until the chime rang through the room. Practically rang through his bones, making them shake. He winced, and his Jackal howled both in pain. Ayramis' head was ringing, his vision a little blurry. Shortly after, his head rang once more, as an angry guttural scream tore through the room. Shaking his head lightly, he tried turning his head to where he thought the noise came from. He heard commotion and shouting around him, but his ears were still ringing. He seemed to be having a hard time clearing his head. He didn't have the clarity of mind to raise a defense when seconds later a miasma tore through the room. The voices in his head howled, his Jackal howled, and Ayramis himself howled in pain. He dropped to his knees, he felt the disease ridden energy beginning to eat at him. "What the helll!!" He exclaimed as he began to get to his knees. His Jackal shook its head and bared it's fangs as well.

The ringing in his ears subsided and he could once more make out voices. He head a shout about there being more than one. His head was on a swivel now, looking for the source, the second threat. He realized some of the assembled crew seemed o be entwined in their own heated argument. "We really don't have time for this." He muttered to himself, turning his eyes to the demon. A look of disgust crossed his features as he took into account the demons true form. "I don't get it, what's with this thing. A pestilence demon really shouldn't be this strong." He stated what to him was obvious. His eyes glowed a pale green, and his scarf shifted. It began to grow longer as it unraveled itself from his shoulders and neck. The jackal began stalking around the side, into the darkness, attempting to flank the demon. Ayramis' scarf was trailing behind him across the floor now. With just a thought both ends of the scarf shot forward. Pale green hieroglyphs glowed on both sides of the scarf, now mummy wrappings. They zigged and zagged through the air in distracting patterns before shooting out sideways into the darkness. He noticed one of the humans from the group appear in his line of sight, a large piece of wood in hand. He struck the demon snapping the wood, putting himself in harms way. As the demon rounded on the human (Phil) Ayramis channeled energy into his staff, unfortunately pulling away from the force of his original attack. The staff glowed, the Jackal head seeming a beacon of light in the dark as he distracted the demon. A cry of anger was released as the wrappings snapped tight around the demon. One wrapped around it's left wrist, pulling it's arm down, the other end wrapped itself around one of the demon's horns, then attempted to bind itself across the demons had, tring to obstruct it's vision. An acrid, fould smoke rose where the bindings touched, fueled with divine energy began to take hold. “Step back!!” He shouted in warning. “Unless you have a whole tree to hit him with next!”

MrBossMan MrBossMan SilverFlight SilverFlight @ anyone else

14/20 hp

Damage: 5

There’s two of them. The words echoed in her head as her jaw fell agape, revealing pointed teeth that she bared rather furiously. Getting knocked out the air was even more infuriating, her wings shuttered to a halting stop as they crumpled under her weight when she was pinned down. “There’s two of what?” Zoya sneered with a malicious glare painted onto her birdlike face, “last time I checked I wasn’t a demon darling. Even if I was I’ve met plenty of nice demons so I recommend you think before you act.” She hissed, voice dripping with venom as she began to writhe under his grip and swat him away until she saw the outstretched hand of Hayle. It was a crack through her anger, the gesture sweet and kind and she couldn’t help but smile the friendliest she could muster as she took it; getting herself up, smirking at Phil as she got herself up. “You don’t need to apologise for this fool, when this is all over I’ll be sure to see that he does it himself.”

With that ordeal over, Zoya brushed off the mould that had drifted onto her ruined clothes and launched into the air again, hearing the humans words and knowing that distracting the demon would be the best idea. A calmer mindset falling upon her now, she was still annoyed of course, her face was what she deemed as one of the only redeemable qualities about her so she couldn’t lose it so easily. That demon that’d hurt her was still there, decaying and putrid. So she dove in and struck. Her talons slashing at the beasts rancid hide before she kicked away and threw herself backwards back into the air to what she hoped was out of immediate reach, she drifted back further, calculating her next move.

GamerCarrot GamerCarrot MrBossMan MrBossMan

15/20 HP
Roll: Miss

Gabriel made ready, launching himself forward at a blinding speed. He crossed the room in an instant. Directly under the beast, he leaped high into the air, throwing out a perfectly executed spin kick aimed at the side of its head. Too late did he realize that the demons focus had shifted. It turned its head in the opposite direction, well out of the path of Gabriel's attack. He sailed straight past it, disappearing into the darkness. A muffled boom could be heard from the direction he flew a moment later.

17/20 hp

Damage: 7

Once the matter with Zoya and Phillip was brought to an end she smiled at her, she was glad at least one person wouldn't mind her being a demon "It's no problem really, it was an honest mistake I'm sure he regrets it now." she stepped away from Zoya as they moved to attack the creature once again. Now that the cocoon was good and dealt with she could focus her attack on the demon itself, focusing on bringing back all of the shards of ice close to her body once again she looked at the demon. Her expression angry if it wasn't for demons like him she wouldn't be so scared to reveal herself as one, it also didn't help how seeing Phillip react in such a way to one of them possibly being a demon put further doubt in her mind that she was never going to belong in a world were demons were feared and attacked almost on sight. It only made her more hurt and upset that if she was caught without her glamour on. Taking a deep breath to calm herself she changed the shape of the ice around her to large pointed shards that would do a lot more damage but before she could release her attack she noticed someone screwing up majorly in their attack and landing behind the demon.

Hayle chuckled at the sight of Gabriel just laying there in defeat, it was too bad she noticed otherwise he may have just gotten away with making a mistake. Realising that her giggling at the sight probably made it worse she smiled "You almost had him! You can do it!" she chuckled again before returning her attention back to the demon at hand. Now that all distractions were out of the way she aimed the ice at the beast in front of her and sent them flying towards it. Since it was a reasonably large attack her concentration on her glamour faded on her markings revealing a light blue glow, she was thankful nothing else was revealed otherwise she would have another problem on her hands.

Feywild Feywild Naberius Naberius

14/20 hp

Damage: 4

Just as Zoya was about to throw herself back into the fray and strike again, she halted as she watched a human completely miss due to her and Phil distracting the demon. It would’ve been pretty cool if he’d landed the hit, but he didn’t and Zoya couldn’t contain her laughter. It was replacing her anger and mellowing it out, making her think clearer by the second even if she felt a little guilty for snorting at his failure. “Are you alright darling?” She managed to get out in the midst of her laughter, clasping a taloned hand over her mouth as she tried to muffle it only to fail and start laughing all over again before turning it into a burst of coughs to cover it up.

Seeing Hayle strike beast and exert a surprising amount of power, Zoya kicked herself mentally for getting distracted, they had a problem on their hands and she was just laughing at someone’s mistake. So she dove back in and took two more quick slashes at the demon as she flew by its side and behind it to where the human had fell. “Do you need any help?” Zoya asked with a restrained grin, cocking her head and blinking owlishly at Gabe.

Naberius Naberius GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Gabriel lay on his back, his eyes having returned back to their original color as the powers of the Justicar were suppressed by an overwhelming desire to be impaled through the face with one of those ice shards. So great was the depth of his embarrassment that even Adrestia's divine gifts fled from him momentarily as he wished for a painless and swift end to his horrid nightmare.
Congratulations Gabriel, you are officially the poster boy for Fuck-Up Of The Year magazine.

Even worse, it was the girl with the cute ears that noticed him first. The depths of his shame were equal to that of the crushing depths of the Mariana Trench. He lay there quietly, just staring up at the ceiling as peels of laughter could be heard following his less than gallant attempts.

"Please... Just.... Kill me now...."

SilverFlight SilverFlight GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Feywild Feywild

Harian 10/20
Jophiel = 5/20

The demon seemed to turn as Gabriel’s eyes turned and he recited the dark works of his patron goddess, his aura shifted and even Harian could sense it. The demon snarled defiance.
When Harian had handed the strange interloper a card, she had hoped to cause more headache for Jophiel. She did not anticipate he would become a headache for her. She watched as he rammed Zoya, shrieking about another demon. As if the one trying to kill them was somehow on the same level.
Rrrg! How thick can you get?!” Thank whatever powers the ice demon had common sense enough for both of them.
Listen to Frosta human! Or big ugly over there is going to pound you into powder.
She didn’t have time for this, they would have to sort themselves out on their own. The demon was eyeing them all, trying to pick the weakest target.

*~*~*
Between the efforts of Kyomi, Falarion and Nero, the cocoon finally failed, ripping open and allowing Nero to take the dazed Jophiel. Once he was out, he slowly came back to his senses, being half-carried half-dragged by the young boy. His clothes were sodden and stained black, his white-blonde hair slicked with toxic slime. Suddenly he jerked and wrenched away from the boy, staggering and retching. Black liquid expelled from his lungs. He took his first, desperate breath after what seemed like an eternity and finally, he looked up at his rescuer.
N-Nero!” Recognition illuminated his blue eyes. “Oh! Thank God.

The demon did catch Nero’s escape, and was about to attack, when Philip’s wooden stick shattered across its head and snapped it forward painfully. The beast turned; sunken eyes filled with rage. It swatted at him, but the blow had been enough that it threw off its aim. The swing went wide and the beast overbalanced.
Ayramis’ bindings struck and held and the demon roared and struggled as the divine power burned into its rotting flesh. Zoya came in next, rending chunks from its body. Black ichor spilled onto the floor. The demon struggled and stepped, not even registering Gabriel as he sailed by.
Harian saw though, and she winced visibly. “Aw man…I, I can’t even laugh at that.” She muttered in a chagrined tone.
The Djinn was moving forward then, as Hayle closed in to take advantage of the demon being bound and bleeding. The ice shards hit home, embedding themselves in its chest and arms. The pain made it writhe so violently it finally snapped Ayramis’ bindings, and rounded on them all with murder in its eyes.
"Get clear!" Harian roared.

Harian = 3
Hayle = 9
Ayramis = 6
Falarion = 3
Gabriel = 7
Phil = miss
Hino = 1
Kyomi = 1
Zoya = 9
Nero = 6
Jophiel = 10

The demon lashed out with arms and leathery wings, catching several of those nearby. It wrenched two of the ice shards out of its body with one massive fist, corrupting the water inside them and shattering the crystals into smaller shards. The demon flung them out in all directions, then surged forward, heading straight for Jophiel and Nero.
The angel, though weak tried to stagger in front of Nero, putting a protecting arm out in front of him, and with his other hand trying to summon energy for an attack. The demon backhanded him savagely and paused for just one moment as it glared down at Nero, as if contemplating something. Then it lunged, sinking wicked claws into the boy’s shoulder.

Harian had been caught by one of the shards. Her shoulder searing as the demonic toxins burned her essence. She reverted back into her human form and with a curse, wrenched the shard free. She looked up just in time to see the demon backhand Jophiel and she couldn’t keep the shock from her face, and then the anger.
Something glinted beside her, buried under the mould. Harian plunged her hand into the filth and drew out…her gun! She had dropped it in the fall, along with her phone. The demon had grabbed Nero and suddenly a gunshot rang out. A section of the monster’s shoulder exploded and it wrenched its claws away from Nero, howling in pain. The signs of battle were beginning to show on its body now, and in the way it moved. It seemed to have less of a purpose in its methods now, and barreled toward Harian. She scrambled to her human feet, unsure of where she could go to escape.

Attack damage = 3

Last edited:
7/20 HP
3 Damage

Gabriel never got to finish lamenting his own life and rethinking every choice that had lead to this moment. The massive demon went on a rampage, stomping and kicking and slashing and impaling everyone in reach. Unfortunately, this included the helpless Gabriel. On the ground behind the beast and unable to move out of the way in time, he found himself being kicked backwards further away from the group. He slammed into the wall, taking out a sizeable chunk with the impact.

Now, I am officially pissed off.

He got to his feet, grabbed a sizeable chunk of debris nearly as large as himself, and hurled it at the monster.

"Hey! Tall, dark and ugly! Eat shit!"

8/20 hp
Damage: 5

Hayle couldn't even get up an ice shield as the demon moved to attack her, she was hit by one of the many ice shards he had. She felt the poison from the corrupted shard in her veins it was agony, ripping out the shard and throwing it away she clutched where the shard had hit. As much as she was in pain she was pissed that he used her own shard against her, using her magic once again but instead she made a spear out of them and sent it flying towards the beasts other shoulder noticing that since Harian had just blown a chuck out of the other one. Once it had pierced its skin she knew it wasn't going to be too hurt from just that so she twisted her hand to make the spear itself twist then ripping it out of its arm before he could corrupt it again, if he didn't like it the first time he sure as hell wouldn't like it a second time. Still clutching the wound on her shoulder she pulled her hand back and looked at her own blood and now that she could feel the demonic essence inside of her and she certainly wasn't liking the feeling. She needed healing but she wasn't quite sure how her own demonic body would react to divine healing, she had never been in this situation before and had never required healing but looking around there were obviously other people who needed it more than she did.

5/20 hp

“Wow, you’re reaching levels of dramatic only I have.”
She replied to the fallen human with a quirked brow, but before she could even laugh again, the demon retaliated. Her wings acted as her shield as she gasped, taking what she assumed was the brunt of the damage. It stung like a bitch, her whole body trembled under the pain inflicted onto her and her wings were most certainly ruined and incapable of flight. She couldn’t even find it in her to be angry anymore, only defeated as she wiped the blood from her face. But she wasn’t going to give up that easily, she didn’t want to be a coward. So she ran. Her wings dragging behind her as she tried in one last desperate attempt to end it all, not for her sake but for everyone else’s.

Though her own recklessness was her downfall. Just as she lunged to strike, one of her feet caught on her trailing wings and she fell into a mangled mess. Hissing from the pain of landing on her injuries, she rolled onto her front to relieve the pressure on her bloodied, tattered wings and clamped her eyes shut. It was embarrassing that even her best wasn’t good enough. She assumed she was probably going to die now, how frustrating, an adventure ending just as soon as it begun. At least she’d tried. Her eyes peeled back open when she heard the impact of an attack on the demon, and then the shouting of the human who she’d laughed at literally moments ago.

Gratitude bloomed in her chest, she didn’t feel as useless now, if he could get himself back up and fight so would she. The crimson splattered feathers dotted on her skin fell as she reached an eerie calmness within, no longer tainted by anger and only acceptance that it wasn’t over yet no matter how weak she felt. It took seconds for her wings to vanish, waning like the moon and leaving only the remaining feathers drifting around her. That didn’t mean she was no longer harmed, those wings were an extension of herself and she felt like she was about to collapse. But she pushed herself off of the ground, stumbling as she stood and took a defensive position. Letting herself become a liability wasn’t an option, for now she’d continue to ignore that jagged warning telling her to flee or the voice that whispered she should at least use someone else as a meat shield. Maybe she was an idiot, but she was a stubborn idiot who refused to back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back