• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
For Zoya, it was quite easy to see the complete failure of the mission. They hadn’t met the contact, they hadn’t been able to save to the contact, and they had resorted to sifting through what remained of the poor guy, the barest of bones and remnants of clothes. Not even the combined effort of slaying of the ghoul gave her any satisfaction, it’s death didn’t grant her reassurance, only a grinding twang of unease as she glowered at the messy remains. The Vila found it quite off putting to leave her eyes to linger on the corpse, choosing instead to glance at the others around her. Even looking at the paintings which she couldn’t think of in the same way anymore.

She was about to ask what was to come next, anything to fill the blank void of uncertainty when the ringing of a phone tore her attention onto Jophiel. Zoya couldn’t tell if he fumbled with phones and the like, or perhaps just wanted the rest of the motley group to overhear, but at least they weren’t going to be kept in the dark. Though the pained voice that came through didn’t grant Zoya any reassurance. No, quite the opposite.

•••

Turns out she was a fool for thinking the group she’d been in had it bad. All she had was Harian’s voice as a warning in her head for the scene they were about to walk into which made her apprehensive to see what scene could await, but actually seeing the the bloodied and battered group? They looked worse than she’d anticipated.

“You guys look awful.” She cringed after walking in, her eyes flicking to each of team John and then shifting to compare the wounds on herself and the others in her team. Without a doubt, the baby team had gone through some shit. Though the lack of the baby concerned her too, poking at her thoughts as an annoying reminder that she thought she would be celebrating his disappearance. It was supposed to be a good riddance. Now she just felt guilty, a little sad that she convinced herself she didn’t care. At least no one had died, yet.

“I’m surprised you’ve lasted this long,” Zoya mused grimly, jaw dropping a few seconds after when she realised what that comment could be suggesting, “waiting, that is.” She quickly added on, eyes dropping to her hands where she began to idly pick at a forming scab.

She eventually turned to Jophiel after a few moments, “If you think it’s important that we talk about what happened, surely we could just try heal everyone up as best as we can and do that?” The blonde didn’t want to see everyone suffer and bleed when it could be prevented, but she also wanted to get to the bottom of both scenarios.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe andujarprime andujarprime GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Ayramis day at the kitchen table, awaiting the rest of the group. He had thought of forcing Harian into the healing pool, but quickly dismissed those thoughts. He eyes his group carefully, judging for himself everyone else’s close encounter with death, accepting that he wouldn’t be having to weigh their souls just yet. He wasn’t hurt as bad as everyone else, yet he couldn’t help everyone else much. He felt a large pang if guilt, and sadness. It had been a disaster, at one point he honestly thought they would be ok. Clearly they were dealing with a much more sinister force. Much more powerful, and a larger group than he had originally thought possible. He sat there contemplating the end of their mission, and their new visitor. His eyes drifted to the young looking man with the glasses. He came in at the last second, declaring to be a doctor. Ayramis didn’t doubt him, he was just curious about where he’d come from, who he was. It would have been a different story if they had a healer from the beginning. But such things can’t always be helped and he understood that much. Thankfully he came when he did, otherwise Harian and Hino both might not have made it. These thoughts were soon disturbed and he was shaken from his introspection at a sudden whining and tugging of his pants leg. Looking down to find his Jackal, Tank pulling for his attention. “Sorry kiddo, didn’t realize you recovered already.” He said softly reaching down to pat his head. Tank let out a yip, seconds later Jophiel and his team stepped in. He looked upon everyone and elicited a weak smile of greeting. “No, Joph is right. Everyone, healing pool. Stories can wait another hour. I think we’ve had enough near death and pain for today.” Ayramis suggested after Zoya had spoken. Their team didn’t look as bad as his did, but he could imagine it wasn’t an easy night for them either. With a grunt, he hopped off the stool he was occupying and made his way to the locker rooms. Tank following along behind, he stopped to nuzzle up to Hayle’s leg. Then Harian, letting loose a low whine of concern before sniffing at Hino. Finally following after Ayramis with short barks. In minutes he was changed and on the second tier of the pool, leaning against the slopes walls with his eyes closed.

SilverFlight SilverFlight KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Naberius Naberius The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n Lioness075 Lioness075 InsanEleven InsanEleven Inheritance Inheritance

As they arrived back at home base with a new edition to the group, Hayle flopped against the kitchen wall. Too exhausted and sore to even care about the doctor that decided to join them. She desperately wanted to take a dip in the healing pool but she also wanted to see how the other team went with their mission, her curiosity was quickly sated when everyone from the other team returned. She tiredly waved at the others whilst still remaining on the wall, she even let out a small chuckle at Zoya's comment. She felt exactly how she looked, beaten and tired she was very ready to go to bed after today "You have no idea Zoya..." . But once Jophiel spoke up and ordered them to get into the healing pool Hayle wasted no time heading towards the locker rooms although she was stopped by Tank who was rubbing up against her leg, smiling she knelt a little and gave Tank a little scratch behind his ears. Tank quickly ran off towards the others in her group which gave her heaps of time to get changed as quickly as she could even with the intense pain of every movement they made, tiredly walking to the pool she slowly eased herself in. Her arms up on the pavement around the pool and her head resting on them as she let the healing waters of the pool do their work. She could feel them working slowly and she was starting to feel a lot better, following Ayramis's example she closed her eyes as well knowing the risk of relaxing whilst in water but right now she couldn't care less.
Feywild Feywild Naberius Naberius Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe andujarprime andujarprime GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Anyone other than Yin would have been concerned about the magical doorway into the Headquarters, but the wounds on Hino required all his attention. For whatever reason, he was not bothered by these magics, and if anything he had lived long enough with his strange senses to know better than doubt them. It was nearly like returning home to a city he hadn't seen in over a century; somehow different and new, but not unfamiliar. If anything Hino's wounds weren't unfamiliar to him either: bad and possibly worse if he hadn't brought a set of first aid and emergency tools with him. Skillfully he stopped the worst bleeding, giving the man a proper chance for recovery.
Of course that didn't matter, when the concept of the healing pool was introduced to him; and suddenly his entire profession and eight years of medical school became obsolete. Now practically out of a job in a strange yet familiar place, he instead opted to get himself another cup of coffee and wonder how he had gone from a conference to this. At this point he just waited for anyone to come to him, figuring that answers would come to him in some form or the other; he had never heard of people that would not be excited about the chance to brag about their magical death defying pool and teleport-acccessed headquarters. Someone had to be keen to chatter, that was just the way things were.

Stretching while yawning, Falarion meandered towards the pool area. His mind was elsewhere, as he mulled over what he had learned recently. It was almost too much to take in, but he knew he had to pass on the information as soon as possible. He had completely missed out on their latest adventure and he was curious to know how it had gone.

As he pushed through the doors into the pool area, Falarion almost immediately froze in place. He blinked and then continued forward to stand at the edge of the pool. His monkey tail flicked back and forth behind him, exuding the agitation he now felt. There was a stranger among the team, but that was hardly what bothered Falarion.
The team was wounded, almost more than the usual wounds they would suffer from in a fight. Hinu looked far worse than he did in the previous fight that Falarion had been in with him. There was probably a concerning pattern there.
Luckily, it seemed as though the stranger was a doctor of sorts and Falarion immediately felt like he was trustworthy. After all, Jophiel had allowed him to join the team here and he was helping Hinu. That was enough for Falarion.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Falarion broke the silence, "Well, you all look worse for wear. I see this is what happens when I am not present to help you all fight."

Surveying the group once more, Falarion added, "I'm hoping that the information I've discovered will help us out."
Pausing, he dropped his arms and then proceeded to kick off his tennis shoes and socks. He sat down at the edge of the pool and stuck his legs in, slowly kicking them back and forth.
Looking out at the team embracing the healing waters, Falarion continued, "So, I have some, um, interesting information to divulge to everyone here. I'm not entirely sure what you all managed to learn recently, so I'm just going to lay it all out for you. The whole baby thing was a plan to trick us into opening up a gate. Behind this gate is, well, an evil Spring. The complete opposite of a healing spring or pool like this. Anyways, this evil spring requires a sacrifice of an innocent, but it has to be done by someone who is 'pure of heart'. Which includes just about all of us. So, yeah, they were trying to trick us into killing the baby so they could get the evil spring. Oh, and this evil spring gives them a liquid that makes evil beings super powerful. Apparently, despite it being locked up right now, it still gives a drop of this evil liquid once every hundred years and so that's why we've been fighting strong beings despite it being locked up still."
Falarion kept aimlessly kicking his legs and then sighed.
"Oh yeah, and they want access to the evil spring so they can make an evil army and all that typical stuff expected of evil people."

Looking around at the group again, Falarion's eyes stopped on the stranger and he suddenly smiled.
"Hi, I don't think we've met before! My name's Falarion and I'm a Hindu god. What's your name?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven andujarprime andujarprime Feywild Feywild Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

As Hino's consciousness returned, he was greeted by an unfamiliar face who seemed to be trying to stop the bleeding. Still disoriented and woozy he did not react right away, but the moment he realized what was going on, he aggressively swatted the man's away and made a break for the healing pool before falling throwing himself in. He eyes the stranger suspiciously even after entering the pool. Hino had no idea what had happened while he was unconscious but appeared no one was particularly concerned with his presence. He, however, remained cautious which did not come as a surprise as he was still relatively unconvinced of the trustworthiness of most of the team.

The other group, though not as bad as his own also seemed quite beat up. It was clear their mission had not exactly gone as planned either, but Team Baby had definitely been dealt the worse hand. It felt good as the healing waters began to close the wound on his side, though it was still going to leave one hell of a scar. He couldn't help but shake his head at his terrible luck he has had during recent fights with this team. The number of near-death experiences he's had increased dramatically since joining this train-wreck of a cause. Hino turned to see how John and Polinka were doing, the team had absorbed most of the damage and drawn the attention of the Three Stooges but they had still been dangerously close to the fight. Dread overcame his body like a sheet and reached the depths of his gut the even the wand had not reached. They were nowhere in sight. The faces of Harian, Ayramis, and Hayle only showing defeat and anguish. Hino didn't have to ask to know that John had been taken. Falarion was the unlucky soul to speak next that received the brunt of his rage. The quiet, stand-offish, and blunt Hino that had been present for most of his time with the team was no longer.

"We already know, ape." He growled viciously as he turned his attention to Falarion. His voice was not cold and forceful, instead, it was ferocious and shakey as the misdirected hate spat from behind gritted teeth. In the paradise outside the house, the sky grew nearly pitch black and the wind began picking up, "That information would have been particularly helpful before we left. Before we lost John and a strange but sweet old woman. Before we all nearly died," Flashes of light followed by roaring thunder rolled in as hail rattled against the windows, "And it's all very convenient that you missed out on both of the fights, it's not like we could have used you or anything. But I'm happy that you're taking this all very lightly, I wouldn't want baby John's early and barbaric death to ruin your mood." The words were like venom as the Thunder God spoke.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven andujarprime andujarprime Feywild Feywild Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Yin sighed and stood up, as the tensions appeared to heat up between the alleged hindu god and the man that had just been on the brink of death. He'd read the mood sufficiently to understand that they were facing failure, and even if he did not know for what, he wasn't a stranger to such things. Confident footsteps brought him to the edge of the pool.
"Enough of this." Yin's voice carried a loudness, but no anger.
"Do you understand what happens in surgery when I cannot trust my anaesthesist, my co-surgeon, or my nurses and try to do it all by myself? People die. And unlike you I do not have a magical pool to crawl back in. So I'd suggest you stop blaming others and take responsibility for whatever failure you faced as a team, because I can assure you that if you continue down that road all of you might as well stay in this pool. Now if anybody has the highly unlikely need for a doctor, I will be talking to whomever is in charge."
He stepped away from the edge of the pool, and from the pool altogether, so he could go to find the one person he vaguely recognised. The one with the white hair, whose name rang through his mind as Jophiel even if he didn't know exactly why.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven andujarprime andujarprime Feywild Feywild Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Gabriel heaved a heavy sigh as the...thing dissolved into a mass of dark residue, finally dying under their combined assault. He didn't have long to pat himself and the others on the back just yet, however, as the phone rang in the middle of their less than stellar investigation. He heard Harian's voice. He heard the pain both physical and emotional. And something inside him flipped. He had to make sure she was okay. He didn't quite understand his feelings for her as of yet, but he knew he damned sure wasn't going to let her die or become seriously injured if he could do something about it. This time, however, he wasn't there to help. The normally calm, kind and collected Gabriel was furious. An unprecedented rage roiled behind his ice blue eyes.

As the door home was opened, Gabriel brushed passed the others with a hurried pace. He stopped when he saw her standing there, looking pained, haunted, and guilty and his heart went out to her and the rest of the team as well. They had received the short end of the stick, each of them looking as though they'd been dragged through a war. He barely registered the new faces, too wrapped up was he in checking on those he knew and were close to him. As Jophiel ordered them out to the healing pool, Gabriel walked off at a brisk pace, catching up to Harian as she was seemingly alone and caught her by the arm, gently. For a moment, all he could do was stare into her eyes, his face a mask of worry. Then he did what he knew he shouldn't, and pulled her into a tight embrace.
"If I'm not allowed to die, neither are you."

They all made their way into the healing pools, Gabriel settling in next to Harian and letting the waters wash away the cuts and bruises of the nights encounter. He watched everything unfold as the others spoke tempers beginning to flare for some. Then, one of the new faces spoke up and actually used common sense. A trait he had found sorely lacking in the majority of immortals he had come into contact with in his life. As things unfolded, he found that anger had yet to fully dissipate and as the doc finished speaking, he stood from the waters and decided to address the assembled group.
"You know, it shouldn't take an outsider to tell us that we're not working together. Unless you've forgotten, we're at war. We are, for all intents and purposes, a military unit. But instead of cooperation between professionals, all I see is the squabbling of immortal children. Yeah, that's right. The human is calling you out. There is no one to put blame on in this situation except for the whole group. We failed. We fucked up. I wasn't even there and I'm prepared to accept my portion of the blame. Can you say the same? Because if we don't start acting like a goddamn team we're all going to die. Half of you are supposed to be literal gods. I pity the mortals you are supposed to be taking care of. I wonder what they would say if they saw you bitching and moaning all the time about cooperating to try and save the fucking world."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Feywild Feywild Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe andujarprime andujarprime GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Following the others after gathering her bearings, Zoya slunk out into pool, immediately flinching as all the arguments kicked off. Fair enough, she agreed with what Hino said, but to be furious at Falarion when he wasn’t alone in not attending either of the missions, Zoya didn’t find that fair. She found her own gaze darkening and her chest knitting tightly as she tried not to shout back her own frustrations, only being halted by the newcomer and Gabriel declaring their thoughts. She inhaled shakily from all the sudden anger and stress, letting the impact of the failure really rack her now. “No offence,” Zoya glared unimpressed at Hino, “But I don’t think events would’ve played out much differently even with the addition of another person in either team.” Zoya said coldly, her arms folding over her chest as she gritted her teeth. “Like Gabriel said, we all fucked up,” she let her gaze drop to the water, “The only thing we can do now is to try fix everything that’s happened and actually accept that we failed.”

It was laughable, laughable how currently the only ones she found herself respecting in the moment were Gabriel and the stranger who’d wandered off and at this point Zoya didn’t blame him. “There must be some way we can still save John.” She shook her head in denial. “If we all continue to fight there won’t be any chance of ever saving him.” She didn't want the world to end, she enjoyed living. The fact that it was being jeopardised internally now was rather infuriating. If her death was on the hands of some petty squabbling she'd certainly never be able to find peace in whatever afterlife there happened to be. Sinking under the water, Zoya closed her eyes as she let the waters envelope her for a moment, resurfacing moments after with her gaze resting on each of the pools inhabitants warily.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe andujarprime andujarprime GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Ayramis kept his mouth closed and eyes shut for the majority of the arguments. Only opening them and coming away from the edge of the pool after Zoya had spoken. “Hino, your wound. How’s it feeling?” Ayramis asked trying to draw attention to actual, objective problems. “Zoya, Gabe? You guys?” He asked the other side. “If you have the energy to sit here squabbling, then you should have the energy to heal up. And get ready for a debrief. We’re worse off than when we left. Some of us, much much worse off. And as fun as it may be to point fingers.” At this point he raised a hand to stall any protests. “We absolutely do not have the luxury of time to do so. Or to play makeup when everyone comes to their senses afterwards.” Ayramis stood from the pool he was in, walking around the side and going to his towel. He looked to Zoya and Gabe “I really hope you can understand the frustration Hino is dealing with. We didn’t just miss out on information or a goal. We lost John, it’s very clear that not everyone here was partial to the babe. But everyone here should understand the fundamental blow that was struck. That we weren’t at full strength greatly influenced that outcome. Believe me, the teamwork was there. The numbers, were not. Heal up your scrapes and bruises, temper your attitudes.” With this he looked back to Hino “and regroup. This fighting isn’t going to help us at all.” With that Ayramis took a big breath and walked off. He could completely understand why Hino was furious. Hell he was as well, but the fighting would help no one. With a loss so fresh, everyone needed space. Space to grieve, space to think, space to breath. And time, the one thing they did not have.

KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Naberius Naberius InsanEleven InsanEleven SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Inheritance Inheritance Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

"You don't think I accept my failures? You want me to save the world? Well, guess what, my world ended a long time ago when I saw my people die by the thousands. When I saw children get torn from their mothers' arms and were tortured until they forgot their own names. So don't any of you dare lecture me on accepting my failures. I live with them every single day." The house was shaking now from either the wind or from the thunder, he wasn't sure. All he knew was that Gabriel has struck a chord. Volt, who had been previously been watching Hino's misdirected anger with disappointment was now glaring at Gabe as well from the chandelier.

Ayramis stepped into both mediate and support Hino. In his anger and hatred, he felt a moment of friendship towards the Egyptian god. He wasn't used to people standing up for him, particularly during his vulnerable moments, though he would most likely never tell Ayramis about this appreciation. Unfortunately, it was too late. The damage had been done. Hino could feel that he was greatly outnumbered and he wasn't going to spend another moment trying to defend his anger.

"I'm done. I wish you all the best as you try to save the world and I truly hope you find John. But I'm done." All emotion had left his voice now, it had been replaced with a cold and steely tone. He hopped out of the pool only partially healed and turned his attention towards Harian. "Don't bother trying to find me again." With that, he spun on his heels and headed towards the door that lead to New York. Volt followed close behind sparing a heartbroken glance at Ayramis, Hayle, and Tank before disappearing into a blitz of lightning.

Last edited:
Jophiel looked tired, but when he saw Yin bringing up the rear of the group he have him a weak smile.
"Ah, you made it. I'm Jophiel. The one who sent the note."
InsanEleven InsanEleven

Harian had been pulling into herself so much so that she nearly missed the order to the pool. She saw the jackal, and scratched its head with a sliver of affection, slipping off the stool to follow the others.
When a hand caught her in the hall she nearly jerked away, her temper flaring, but it was Gabriel. The flames in her eyes receded a little.
She surprised herself when she let him hug her, in plain view of everyone.
"I'm not dying." She mumbled into the shoulder of his coat. "Just...failure for a djinn usually means death...so you can guess I'm not used to it..."
andujarprime andujarprime Naberius Naberius

She continued to the pool without another word. The water soothed and Harian stayed only long enough to see the silver wound close. She didn't shift into a marine animal like last time, she didn't even bother to shift clothes. She stepped out of the water in her vest and tie, as dry as when she went in.
It was unfortunate that Falarion chose to open with what he did, because Harian's anger flared right along with Hino's
"Eat it Monkey." She growled almost at the same time. But she didn't say anything else. Hino said it for her, she only shot him a poison-green glare from behind Hino's thundering.
She seemed to cow a bit when Yin reprimanded them, and Gabriel and Ayramis stepped in too. They were right of course, and she knew it.
"Our new healer is right. I understand you are in pain, physical and emotional," Jophiel tried to ease the tension as best he could. "Passing blame will only worry the wounds. We need to put our energy into finding a way to stop whomever took the baby."

Hino wasn't listening however and as he stormed out, Jophiel winced as the front door slammed behind him.
When Yin asked for the one in charge, Jophiel stepped forward almost sheepishly. Technically he was the leader, though he would be the first to admit he was not best suited to the role.
"That would be me...In a manner of speaking."
He went to Falarion, his smile more than a little apologetic.
"That is invaluable intelligence you've collected...I'm sorry not everyone received it...well. But we can now begin to think a bit and come up with ideas."
Harian had been silent mostly until this point. Zoya's words had galvanized something in her. "Oh we're getting John back."
She held a clenched his up, focusing her anger into the gesture. "Those demon dickwads stole from us...from me. No one has ever had the gall. I'm going to kill them.

She watched Hino go with more than a little regret, he was a heavy hitter, they needed him, but even Harian, with her limited social contact could tell he needed time.

"Let's recap then: The people involved with this want access to an evil fountain, the water of which power up things like demons. They can only open the gate if an innocent is killed by someone pure of heart. The angle was to trick one of us into doing it for them, well, that didn't work. We found out about their little bait and switch, and now they've taken the baby back, supposedly to find another bunch of suckers to to the job...because it can only be a being that had that ritual spell put on it. The mark my seer contact found on the kid."

"So we need a lead." Jophiel added. "We need something that will give us a location, a name, anything that would help us find them before they find this other "bunch of suckers" as you so put it."
Harian remembered then. She had seen the cleaning service cards.
"It can't be a coincidence." Jophiel said when both of them produced the same cards found at each scene.
Harian brought one of the cards to Gabriel. "Hey, you can do you computer magic on this right? Find out if there's anything strange associated with this company?"
"I just remembered, I saw a van with that same logo on it outside the gallery. Would that help us find a location?"
Feywild Feywild Naberius Naberius Inheritance Inheritance KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe andujarprime andujarprime GamerCarrot GamerCarrot InsanEleven InsanEleven Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit Lioness075 Lioness075

Harian stepped back and let the others brainstorm. Instead she went to sit quietly by Hayle.
"Hey, you ok?" harian wasn't good at sympathy. She was much too new at it to be good, but, Hayle had been badly injured too, and seeing as Hino had stormed out, she wanted to commiserate with at least one of the people who had actually been there.
GamerCarrot GamerCarrot

Hayle could hear the arguing from where she was relaxing and as much as she thought that maybe she should speak up and try and diffuse the situation but thought that anything she said would just make it worse. So instead she opened her eyes and watched the argument happen, she felt kind of bad for everyone in the conversation and she especially felt bad for Hino who had just stormed out. She sat up and went to move but there was still a sharp pain in her side, she saw how Volt looked at her and she could feel her heart break. She wanted to go after Hino and convince him to come back and that they really needed him but it seemed like he really needed to cool of and think about everything for awhile. Looking back to where Hino had stormed out Hayle had regretted staying quiet and not speaking up, maybe if she did she could've stopped him from leaving. Sighing she brushed her hair out of her face and looked down at the water, feeling a little bad about letting Hino go like that.

She quickly raised her head when she heard someone speak to her, looking up she saw it was Harian. Smiling she nodded "Oh yeah I'm just really sore but how are you? I saw the silver bolt in your chest... I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to get it out." she said as she rubbed the back of her neck, Harian was the only one that knew her secret and she was thankful for that. "But how are you holding up? I know you bonded to John as much as you don't like to show it. I can only imagine how hard it is on you." She looked at her with a bit of sadness in her eyes "If you want to talk about it I'm always here for you."
KhazTheGiraffe KhazTheGiraffe Naberius Naberius InsanEleven InsanEleven SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 GamerCarrot GamerCarrot Inheritance Inheritance Crazy Trey-n Crazy Trey-n The Velveteen Rabbit The Velveteen Rabbit

Yin had partially expected Hino leaving as a possibility but he wasn't very sympathetic to the god's outburst. If he wished to storm out, there was little Yin would do aside from stepping out of the way. Yet because he was passive, that didn't mean he hadn't been listening to what was said; it offered quite an interesting insight into the dynamics of the group. For now he wasn't interested in the group, instead the sight of Jophiel loosened something in his mind. A memory he had never quite forgotten - but that had never been called upon because there had been no need to. Of a different time, a different place and a different life. At least for him, since Jophiel was clearly still the same albeit dressed more modern. There was a familiar kindness, endearing but it worried Yin greatly.
"Yes... Jophiel. I recall your name, and sights of what might be the Indian Mutiny. But I don't believe that ended particularly well, especially since I can't seem to remember how it ended at all." As he thought about the quick, recent developments - mainly the past thirty minutes or so, Yin ran his thumb and index over his chin. "So how come exactly that I was in a cafe enjoying mediocre coffee no more than an hour ago, and now find myself amidst gods bickering over blame and babies? Things certainly must be dire for me to be drawn in so suddenly, but whatever it is, rest assured I will see it through regardless the outcome."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back